Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Moms, Missions and Matrimony

• Start Topic

On 11/1/2023 at 9:13 AM, njbchlover said:

I think Mary is just about going to events to get take-out food.  This is at least the second time she's shown up at a filmed event, stayed for five minutes, dropped a few nasty comments and then leaves with a bagful of food to take home to her son and his secret wife.

I don't know how Mary can be considered a "friend of", because I don't think she really likes or is friends with any of the main housewives.

I'm not exactly sure why they decided to bring her back, or why Mary decided to come back, unless it's because she needed the money and the take-out food.

You wrote my thoughts!  Can't stand Mary and she has no relationship with anyone other than food, so why is she there?  I mean the others are a bunch of fakers with mental issues but they can at least take direction.....Mary's scenes add no value.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, Opine said:

You wrote my thoughts!  Can't stand Mary and she has no relationship with anyone other than food, so why is she there?  I mean the others are a bunch of fakers with mental issues but they can at least take direction.....Mary's scenes add no value.  

I feel like Mary and Sai (from RHNY) should team up for a Guy Fieri/ Anthony Bordain type show where they show up at random restaurants and order everything on the menu. But their twist is they wear tacky, over-styled designer outfits and trash-talk the other patrons of the restaurant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
On 10/31/2023 at 6:35 PM, mbaywife123 said:

You may be on to something. if they are doing this intentionally for a story line and $$, this is some sick twisted shit.

It's par for the course in Housewives territory.  This season, many feel Kyle and Mauricio are "separating" for a storyline.  Jen Shah has been creating storylines while laundering her money since SLC started.  Monica has learned from the best.  She's just taking it up a notch...

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 10/31/2023 at 9:14 PM, politichick said:

Someone asked if Jack speaks Spanish. He may or may not and I am unsure if it matters. As I recall, Heather said something about having the opportunity to learn French during her missionary. I also suspect he's doing this to avoid college and Lisa.

I'm curious about this also.  We had a tutor for my son who was a Mormon and I remember her telling me that her brother was in some kind of intensive language program to prepare for his mission somewhere in Asia. She made it sound like it was part of the program so I always assumed it was but perhaps I was wrong.

16 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I laughed so hard. I gotta say, I am loving this ridiculously dramatic Meredith we’re getting this season. It’s like she’s decided to lean fully into becoming a telenovela character.

Meredith seems to have been miscast in this franchise. She's got the dramatic that would have fit better in one of the other locations while so many of the rest of the cast seem like they're in Real Housewives of New Jersey, West of the Rockies version.

On 10/31/2023 at 9:14 PM, politichick said:

Linda is one of the most fucked up, selfish mothers to grace our TV screens. That crying when Monica arrived? So fake. And you know she only wants to do therapy so she can get some more airtime. What a fucking cow. And she called her daughter a motherfucker on national TV? I don't like Monica but would urge her to immediately cut her losses with that motherfucker.

14 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I have an astute bull shit detector and they set mine off every scene they are in.

One feeds off of the other and I suspect both of them are loving the cameras and the Bravo paycheck so they're playing it up as well. They both have come in hot, probably hoping to secure a spot on the next season regardless of the cost in humiliation and that makes them both seem rather pathetic.  

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

I don't think Jack's is going to last that long.

14 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Mom and Dad were already giving him an out telling him he can come back home early, which makes me suspect they are thinking the same thing.

• Like 7

This is a wildly unpopular opinion, but I actually like Whitney.  I could do without her and Justin's sex scenes (the way the relationship seems to be going, they are probably going to be much fewer these days), but she's one of the few SLC Housewives that don't annoy the heck out of me.  I have trouble rooting for the others- Heather fell out of grace for me a few seasons ago with her Jen Shah adoration.  I can't stand Lisa Barlow.  Mary is a horrible person.  I could go on, but it boils down to these housewives not having many shining qualities.  Whitney seems benign compared to the others. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
On 11/1/2023 at 5:12 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Was Angie's husband blowing her off when he got home? He seemed in a hurry to get into the shower rather than hang out with Angie and her father. 

He might not want to film too much after the nasty gossip about him on the show, and especially because Angie wanted to ask her father about marital advice. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Monica and Linda decided to use their dysfunction as a story line because the show provides an opportunity to promote themselves, but I believe it is real. They are not such great actors. Linda abandoned Monica at 12, and she seems to be a horrible mother. She pretends to be an involved mother now, but it's only in order to create more mess. And I understand why Bravo chose Monica to become a HW. It's not only her relationship to her mother- she is a hot mess all by herself. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

While it's horrible that Monica had a horrible unbringing, my belief is that anything that happens before you're 18 is your parents fault.. and anything after 18 is your fault.  Monica should be in therapy and cut ties with her mother instead of having her mother around her kids.  

Also, I know people that had mothers/fathers like Monica's.. and they didn't cheat on their spouse with an inlaw, didn't get defensive anytime someone gives feedback, nor be so judgemental.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

God help that insufferable heinous crone Mary when she runs up against the wrong person. Whitney should have handed that thieving charlatan her ass and said, "Are you calling me a bobblehead when I'm sitting across from a crazy-eyed female Elmer Gantry who's laid up on her grandpappy's dingaling and is too moronic to know that her live-in spawn is married and living with his wife in her own house??"

I wish I would ever take sh** off a thieving hypocritical grifter like that. Clomping around with a big Louis Vuitton purse paid for by money she's thieved from congregants. I can't wait til that huckster goes to prison. Revolting roach.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 6
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
On 11/1/2023 at 8:17 AM, pasdetrois said:

Wasn't Jack positioned as a rising young entrepreneur in an earlier season, complete with stylish wardrobe and arrogant attitude? Skip college and become wealthy just like that? When that didn't happen, the mission became the latest great escape (from Lisa and boredom).

Maybe he missed the deadline to apply to fudge college.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

I take back me not hating Monica’s mom during the last episode. She sucks and is trash. Like she’s insane and Monica should cut her out of her life. Monica still sucks tho but she sucks because her mom.

Meredith is insane. It’s always some big thing with her. She’s ridiculous.

Lisa is ridiculous as well. I think her son is trying to get away from her lol. I’m not gonna get into how I think missions are idiotic but hopefully it works out for him. Hopefully he learns Spanish too.

Mary is a piece of shit. She thinks she’s better than everyone. The way she acts to waiters just makes her even shittier. She can fuck off.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Maybe he missed the deadline to apply to fudge college.

I actually laughed out loud at fudge college, I got a picture in my mind of him singing songs about rocky road fudge and standing out in front with a tray of samples then I realized he will be basically standing in front of someone's house with a virtual tray of Mormon samples, lol.

• LOL 3

That scene with Monica and her mother was difficult to watch as I've had a very similar conversation with the girl my parents adopted. I no longer refer to her as my sister for a whole host of reasons, including not coming to my mother's funeral, abandoning her son to move to another state with her new husband, and telling other family member how I was not accommodating to her enough when she came over to my house the day my husband died. Yeah. Monica's  mother acts a lot like her, and she and I had a similar confrontation. The tears out of nowhere and for no reason, then immediately drying up and getting angry when she doesn't get sympathy and apologies from the other person. Then, getting over-the-top angry and shouting over the tiniest perceived slight. Also, the waving off the other person's concerns and grievances over her histrionic antics. Not to mention her being so sweet and lovely to everyone else at Angie's event last episode. I've seen all of that. The best thing Monica can do is cut her mother out of her life, entirely. At this point, her mother is never going to change, because she's never wrong--everyone else is, and for Monica to break the cycle and to have her own peace, she's going to have cut her mother out of her life. 

Yes, Monica does do some of those same behaviors, however, I don't think she's narcissistic. I think she has learned some toxic behaviors from her mom and grandmother, and because she hasn't witnessed anything different, she behaves how she's been taught. I think she's starting to realize this some, and I hope she breaks contact with her mom and gets therapy. If she does, I think she can do and be better. But, she is a housewife, so we'll see, but I do think she's just now starting realize just how toxic her mom was and is.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 7
  • Love 1

I don't remember the name of Lisa's husband, but he seems like such a great dad. I loved watching him with Jack. Lisa totally ruined the moment, though. I don't get what he sees in Lisa. He seems like a good man.

I hate cross country skiing. It's really hard on you if you're not in good shape. One time in school we had to cross country ski for 21 kilometers. That's 13 miles. I thought my heart would give up, it was racing so hard at the end of the trip. It was horrible!

I'm now getting why Monica is such a mess. Her mother is a freaking nightmare. Wow. Monica needs therapy is she wants to be a better person. I think her issues are way too big for her to handle on her own. I feel for her. I don't like her, but I can understand her behavior more now, going by the context we're given.

Lisa: "...... held at gunpoint. But overall, it's thrilling! 😊😊😊"  I died! 😅

She was expecting New York?? 😅

Oh my god okay I'm lost for words with Monica's mother. I feel really bad for Monica right now. That was a whole other level of crazy right there, during the dinner.

Okay I'm off to read your comments now.

• Like 3

I will leave the evidence with you, ladies and gentleman of the jury, The Huzzbin was seen by the father (he's Greek just in case you did not know), you can tell by The Huzzbin's clothing that it is in fact, the same person outside playing with his car as the person who has entered the kitchen.

My questions are, wouldn't a house of that caliber have a garage in which one could tinker with your car and wouldn't The Huzzbin know they were fliming and what his "story" was supposed to be, I mean the father looked right at him as he walked in the the house then sat there while his daughter straight up lied to him about The Huzzbin being at work.

Meanwhile all the SLC white kids are at Lisa's house for a charcuterie board because they all know the rules of gathering, there must be a charcuterie board at all gatherings.

Mother Monica's ability to cry on cue is admirable but her descriptive powers of films are lacking, she could at least have said Meryl Streep was in the movie that moved her to tears.  Mother Monica's bag is huge (yet no aspirin) but I would not be surprised to learn she has license to carry with a bag that big, lol.

Mother Monica might be a mean drunk.

Also, on a personal note, I keep meeting people IRL that have homes in Park City, I really must make friends with these people.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Wording
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I finally had time to revisit the scene with Angie K and her father and she says her husband is at work and will be home later, I give you exhibit A.

image.thumb.png.458e3495eb2ce532a62ff15e74c8f756.png

Exhibit B...

image.png.f1658e244ab8cdb3194b05841503c8be.png

And Exhibit C,

image.png.38dc5e500249f79ff610b9390c856ee4.png

The father seems to be looking directly at Sean in that first picture, which begs the question; why did he ask where Sean was when they were making the Greek soup, because they're Greek and eat Greek food

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 8
21 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The father seems to be looking directly at Sean in that first picture, which begs the question; why did he ask where Sean was when they were making the Greek soup, because they're Greek and eat Greek food

I guess that is the Greek way, look directly at someone and ask where they are, who knows, it's all Greek to me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I will leave the evidence with you, ladies and gentleman of the jury, The Huzzbin was seen by the father (he's Greek just in case you did not know), you can tell by The Huzzbin's clothing that it is in fact, the same person outside playing with his car as the person who has entered the kitchen.

My questions are, wouldn't a house of that caliber have a garage in which one could tinker with your car and wouldn't The Huzzbin know they were fliming and what his "story" was supposed to be, I mean the father looked right at him as he walked in the the house then sat there while his daughter straight up lied to him about The Huzzbin being at work.

I still think that Shawn didn't want to film, especially with his father in law, and wife who had a storyline ready about her father giving marital advice to them. He was already accused of cheating on the show. He probably lied he was at work, or about the exact time he would return. He didn't park his car in the garage because he could be heard from the house. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Monica and her mom both seem like grifters. I wouldn't trust either of them.

Jack's mission is the equivalent of a gap experience. He will always have a financial safety net to rely on, so there's really no hurry to go to college and start a career to earn $$. Actually, I'd be concerned that it's widely known he comes from a wealthy background as this puts an even bigger target on him while abroad

Whitney's black jumpsuit looks like the same one Dorit wears in her talking heads minus the huge CHANEL across the neckline.

[Lord love a duck,between the disappearing keyboard, lags, and reload messages, it took 20 minutes to write/submit this.]

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
On 11/4/2023 at 8:42 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Meanwhile all the SLC white kids are at Lisa's house for a charcuterie board because they all know the rules of gathering, there must be a charcuterie board at all gatherings.

Slightly off-topic, but I've been told that a charcuterie board is nothing more than a tacit admission that there's no bread in the house.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 9
17 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

in view of the cameras

He didn't necessarily know where they were filming (which room), and that his father-in-law would go by the window and look outside. It's possible he came in because he realized he was seen. It was obvious he didn't want to film anyway because he found an excuse and left the kitchen after he said hi. 

• Like 1
On 11/5/2023 at 5:56 AM, QQQQ said:

[Lord love a duck,between the disappearing keyboard, lags, and reload messages, it took 20 minutes to write/submit this.]

I finally gave up and bought AdBlock to put on my devices as it had become impossible to read this site on my iPad. It’s ridiculous the ads and pop-ups on this site. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Momma Monica is clearly a horrible person. But...Mon crying about losing the only family she (and her kids) ever had because she diddled her BIL. Shitty mom club prez, right there.

Meredith took her first giant crap in a week...and let me tell you, it was death defying! The remaining hemorrhoids are a reminder she's a damn survivor!

Mary always stays just long enough to obliviate the other person and order the server to box up the most expensive thing on the menu. Easy money honey!

Jack can hand out freebies of wolf (is that right?) In Columbia. Too bad he has to wear the Mormon uniform, cuz I hear brooks marcs is all the rage. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3