Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: An Olive Branch with Thorns

• Start Topic

Mary's son's relationship status is revealed; Meredith retreats from the group; Heather confronts Lisa about Jack's mission; Angie tries to get clarification about the rumors, but things go awry when Monica's mom intervenes at Angie's Easter party.

Airdate: 10.17.2023

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Mary’s son was acting like he’s 12. Their dynamic is Bizarre!

It is so weird- they were shacking up in Pastor Mary’s home but she is so clueless. Her son’s rooms must be the one place in the house where her closet hasn’t taken over.

Neither of them seem very bright…

• Like 24

Was this the best take of Mary and her son discussing his marriage? The conversation seemed staged, and Mary was relatively calm learning that her son and his wife, who both live with her, have been married for a year and didn't tell her. The son's sheepish tee-heeing when Mary asked him outright would have irritated me so much.

• Like 24

Is this training camp for stripping & drinking shots for the kids? 

again, never saw a mother & daughter behave like Monica and her Mom. I thought, oh she’s being a Mom, checking her daughter’s behavior. Then, she slides in flirting with the men and laughing in Monica’s face. Weird. 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1

Immediately after I saw the priest at Angie's Easter celebration I thought that any minute now the women would fight in front of a priest. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Seriously, Heather’s trauma from the Mormon church is not everyone else experience or choices.

Even after she wrote her book Bad Mormon, she did not get any closure - don’t project your personal experiences on others - everyone has their own path and journey.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Immediately after I saw the priest at Angie's Easter celebration I thought that any minute now the women would fight in front of a priest. 

Me too, but I notice they scurried him out after he ate. 

lol @ ‘oh, you know the Greek kiss!’ It was just the kiss on each cheek thing, right?  So unique lmao

That food did look good tho. 

• Like 6

Whitney and Justin’s marriage prob is not gonna last much longer. He only ever really wanted a hot stay at home wife it seems. She thinks she’s a big time business woman now but I doubt she is. What is with him taking his wedding ring off tho? They are both cheaters.

What’s with Mary and her son? He sneaks off to get married and she doesn’t notice for a year and they live with her? How do you not notice this lol. She’s obv a shitty mom. I don’t feel bad saying that either because she is a shitty judgey person too.

Monica is so gross. No thanks to her anymore. Can’t believe I didn’t mind her at first. She’s just a nasty bitch. Monica needed to calm it down. No need to get all bitchy and worked up. Glad her mom told her to chill. Monica is embarrassing she acts like a child. I don’t know what point she thinks she’s making. Her poor kids. 

All that food looked damn good. Angie’s house is so big and bright.

Also no thanks to Meredith and her annoying husband and son in LA.

Lisa is being delusional but Heather needs to just let them be too.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 21
  • Love 1

And when Monica was fighting with her mother, her young, unattended daughter was doing "shots", and collecting dollar bills....

Monica and her mother's relationship is externally dysfunctional.

And more stories about grievances from Monica (is this the RH of New York?).

Monica (judging from the previews, as well) is hell bent to make it to a second season.  

Heather is going to make Jack's mission her season story line.

Heather: Lisa's Mormonism is Vida tequila and strapless dresses!

Edited by ZettaK
Grammar is important
  • Like 16
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1

Religious leader Mary's son supposedly married a girl at some point (I am 100% sure it was so they could have sex), Mary is clueless for the entire time this girl is living, (in sin for some of that time) but does not make a big deal out of meeting with both her son and new daughter in law to talk to them?  What is her son doing for money? 

I am going to throw this prediction out there, the happy couple is not using birth control and Mary will be a grandmother soon. 

Whitney and Justin aren't doing so well marriage wise, he is not wearing his ring, she is pissed that she had to make bacon, clean up after the dog, get the kids ready for school and Justin just sat there playing on his phone...to me it looks like their communication is not good, why would she ask for help during that chaos?

Heather should have never mentioned Jack and his mission, everyone knows kids are off limits, this will bite her in the ass at the reunion.

I wish we would have gotten more music and culture at Angie K.'s Greek party,  why does her husband wear a ski cap all the time? 

• Like 15

Mary's so gross and that whole stupid conversation with her son reeked of "storyline"

If Meredith weren't awful enough I'd still hate her for going to Mary's house and hugging her and acting like they are friends.  I thought she said she was presenting at the Glad Awards?  No shot of that but we get one of the gruesome Seth sitting there on his Taint and screaming like an idiot?

Angie's party looked pretty fun for a housewives' event, although giving the kids "water shots" is not something I would have liked.

I would think it would be obvious to Heather that since Lisa converted as an adult rather than being raised a Mormon, her experience would be totally different.  Especially as she seems to have merely "converted" - tequila and strapless dresses = good one, Heather!

Whitney and Justin kind of reek of storyline as well - they arrived at the restaurant, he got a cocktail and she got wine, food arrives, and she launches into her list of complaints while he takes a sip of wine.  What did they talk about during his cocktail and the ordering/waiting for the food?

Monica - ugh.  And her mother too.  If you don't want to feel like "little Monica" try acting like an adult.  And if you want to be the mom you wished for maybe you shouldn't drag your kids out of an Easter egg hunt party before the Easter egg hunt happens!

I still like Lisa the best - she's not hateful, her clothes are the least ridiculous, and I like her husband and kids.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Steph J said:

Monica's mom out here trying to steal her snowflake.

I want to meet this woman who saw Mary's family situation (and Mary's personality situation) and decided, "Yeah, I want to marry into that."

Monica's Mom almost makes Mama Joyce from RHOA seem nice and normal.  What an effed-up relationship between Monica and her Mom.  I feel sorry for Monica regarding that.

Mary's son - I think that Mary has known all along that he was married.  Mary is just using this as a storyline and that's why her son could barely make it through the scene without actually laughing out loud.

But....that boy is certainly a testament to the saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  He is just as weird and strange as his Mom.

I also noticed that Mary hasn't had her house remodeled or updated.  Last time we saw Mary in her living room, she had an interior designer come over to re-do the place.  That green wall-to-wall carpeting is still there, along with all the other circa 1980's decor and furnishings.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Marley said:

Monica is so gross. No thanks to her anymore. Can’t believe I didn’t mind her at first. She’s just a nasty bitch. Monica needed to calm it down. No need to get all bitchy and worked up. Glad her mom told her to chill. Monica is embarrassing she acts like a child. I don’t know what point she thinks she’s making. Her poor kids. 

I agree 100%!  I don't understand why everyone blames Merideth for the rumors about Angie's husband when she only alluded to there being a rumor but Monica actually brought the rumors to life on camera.  I think what Monica did was way worse but Merideth is banned and Monica isn't.  I don't like Monica at all.  Who brags about having an affair with your sister-in-law's husband?  She says it like she's proud of it and has the nerve to criticize her mother's behavior.  Plus she was cussing in front of children and wouldn't stop even when her mother asked her to.  It shows me that this wasn't an isolated incident.  I bet those kids have heard plenty of bad words out of her mouth, yet she thinks she's a better mother than her own.  Girl bye! 

Edited by swankie
Added another thought.
  • Like 11
  • Applause 8
14 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Angie's house is so painfully bright and white that I would need to wear sunglasses while there. Ouch.

I always wonder about those houses that are all completely white.  Where do these people sit?  Don't they worry about spilling something or that dark wash jeans will rub off and stain?  I mean, they even have white rugs - are all their houses shoe-free zones?  I can't imagine that with the expensive shoes these ladies all wear as a big part of their outfits.  

I do appreciate all the sunlight though.  That is amazing.  I would love to have a house filled with natural sunlight all day.  We get sunlight, but it is filtered through window screens, shades and window treatments.  Plus, the sunlight just doesn't seem as bright here, except on the most spectacular summer days.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wish we would have gotten more music and culture at Angie K.'s Greek party,  why does her husband wear a ski cap all the time? 

There was no time left for music, or culture because Bravo had to show the more "important" conversation between Angie and Monica, and Monica's prolonged fight with her mother.

I don't know why Shawn wears a cap all the time. He is not bald (but maybe he is balding) according to this photo. There are photos of him on Angie's IG where he doesn't wear a cap.

Screenshot_20231018_010431_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Mary seems quite different  when she's with her son, who imho is quite bizarre,  or, he could just hate being on camera. My sil thinks he's on the spectrum, I don't know enough to say..  Goodness  Monica,  you make me think Angie is just fine. I loved seeing all the greek food, it looked delicious.  We never see enough of other cultures. 

Heather needs to lay off Jacks mission,  although,   if it was just her and Lisa talking,  something  may come of it. 

I don't  like Monica's  mother, I've said that before.  I think  perhaps  she wasn't a mother to young Monica growing up, but she wants to be mom now. The previews  look good, I need this after NY

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Feel so sorry for Monica. Her mom is a textbook narcissist. It's never OK to walk in your adult kid's house uninvited just because the door was unlocked. Hello, boundaries! And she also tried to excuse the nasty names she called Monica over the phone because "she thought she hung up." She was not at all remorseful for her horrible behavior. And berating her in front of everyone at the party?  How hurtful for Monica to have a mother like that. Why is she in every scene with her daughter? Thanks Bravo, for showing us a true narc - now get her off my screen.

• Like 15
  • Applause 4

Monica is trash.

Mary is insane.

Lisa clearly didn’t know about Jack’s mission.

Heather needs to get over herself and stay out of Lisa’s family’s business.

Whitney’s marriage is nearly over, and Justin is delusional if he thinks he’s going to manage an upgrade from Whitney, but what do I know- SLC is a strange place.

Meredith is awful, and so ridiculously full of herself. She needs to step away from the Botox.

Angie…has risen? Gurl. Beautiful spread, though, and bonus points for super hot priest.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

One more HW telling us that in their culture family/food/religion is important to them I think I will scream...show of hands of how many of us do not think those things are important, I mean food especially, lol!

Mary and her son's convo about a secret marriage tells us all we need to know about their relationship.

Mary has missed out on a chance to host an event, a vow renewal (and we all know about the curse that goes with it) for her son and DIL to make it "legal" and in her church, invite all the HW's, it could've been the finale episode with stills of the women throwing food at each other with the little bubble that tells about their life beyond the finale.

Monica's mother was calm when she told Monica to cool it, it was Monica that ramped up the confrontation, she acted like a sullen 13 year old, both their dynamics are bad but Monica is not helping the situation. Her telling her mother that she could be doing the sixty nine on the living room couch, why that particular thing anyway? Lock the door! When my parents moved to Baltimore County (they were living in Middletown/Frederick because my father was working at Ft. Detrick when they first married back in 1952 but I digress), my grandfather (my fathers father) would pop over whenever, one day my mother was in her underwear and was walking out of her bedroom just when he walked in to the house and could be seen from the foyer...both screamed in surprise and it never happened again...Monica having sex on her couch in a house full of children that she seems to have 100% full time, no breaks (according to her), I think Monica has been dramatic all her life.

Also, gee how did the Easter Bunny know when to get in Heather's car at the exact moment to surprise her? Same with finding Whitney out on a walk and I was shocked that Mary actually rolled down her window for the Bunny, she seems like she would just throw the car in reverse and speed away, lol.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Monica's mother was calm when she told Monica to cool it, it was Monica that ramped up the confrontation, she acted like a sullen 13 year old, both their dynamics are bad but Monica is not helping the situation. Her telling her mother that she could be doing the sixty nine on the living room couch, why that particular thing anyway? Lock the door!

Yes to every word. of this!

• Like 10

According to Monica's reasoning, it's ok to repeat a rumor if you tell it to the person it's about. It's ok that she exposed the rumor that she heard "from the streets of SLC" (not from Meredith), because she told it to Angie even though there's no proof that was the rumor Meredith was talking about, and no one (NO ONE) is really quite sure what the hell Meredith was talking about that evening, anyway.

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 1

I saw the play Book of Mormon, it was a satire about the Mormon religion so why would Lisa need to read that book, did she think it would be an educational tool? And why would she want Jack the Door Knocker to read it? As I recall there was some really dark and disturbing part about pedophilia and murder...for someone who goes to NYC often I am surprised she never paid attention to the much talked about B'way play plot or that nobody she knew saw the play and mentioned the plot to her directly since she is a Mormon now.

I think about these things too much.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Why didn't Monica take off her trench coat at the party? Was she planning to storm off early? Was her outfit as trashy as her behavior, and deemed inappropriate for Easter brunch? 

Was I the only one who laughed when Heather presented Angie with a bowl of 9 lemons?

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Marley said:

What’s with Mary and her son? He sneaks off to get married and she doesn’t notice for a year and they live with her?

Monica is so gross. No thanks to her anymore. Can’t believe I didn’t mind her at first. She’s just a nasty bitch. Monica needed to calm it down. No need to get all bitchy and worked up. Glad her mom told her to chill. Monica is embarrassing she acts like a child. I don’t know what point she thinks she’s making. 

I know she's in her own very special and unique Mary bubble/closet and probably misses a ton of things in her day-to-day life, but how would she "notice" that they're married -- other than rings (I didn't look to see if he had one -- and hahahaha, she'd probably harshly judge the quality of the rings!) or maybe mail that indicates it?

Ugh, I was OK with Monica at first too -- she seemed OK! But yeesh. That said, her mom is a disloyal piece of garbage. If you can't take your kid's side, maybe express that privately and not at a big party and especially not in front of a bunch of other  adversarial mean girls competing for the spotlight (a description that seems to apply to Monica's mom as well). 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 13
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I saw the play Book of Mormon, it was a satire about the Mormon religion so why would Lisa need to read that book, did she think it would be an educational tool? And why would she want Jack the Door Knocker to read it?

The Book of Mormon is not just the name of that satirical show, it's also the name of the actual religious text. (If your post was sarcastic, ignore me; I didn't mean to seem pedantic!)

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

I didn't get that Monica's mom was taking Angies side at all. She was tryng to get Monica to cam down, stop raising her voice at the hostess and quit using vulgar language in front of children especially at an Easter brunch.  In other words quit making a spectacle of herself. Monica has anger issues, and in no universe was her behavior okay. In my opinion her mother was to be commended for trying to get Monica to calm down and get herelf under control. And if she couldn't control her anger it was best that she left. I felt so sorry for her little girl who asked her what about the egg hunt and Monica was draggin her out.

• Like 12
  • Applause 7

Her mom was making it into more of a spectacle and knowingly doing it in front of people with whom Monica has contentious relationships. I am not saying that this makes Monica "right" or a victim, just that her mom is a toxic dickhole that appears to want to humiliate her kid. She should show unity, or at least express only quiet noncommittal concern/support, with Monica in public or stay out of it. It looks like she's trying to be liked by the other HWs by fighting with Monica -- to me, anyway.

ETA: That said, who knows -- maybe Monica and her mom are in some kind of attention-getting cahoots with their troubled mother-daughter relationship? 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 14
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, Steph J said:

Monica's mom out here trying to steal her snowflake.

I want to meet this woman who saw Mary's family situation (and Mary's personality situation) and decided, "Yeah, I want to marry into that."

Sahara Desert thirsty!  It was pretty gross.  She also felt pretty proud of herself.  Unless this was a way for Monica and LB to get her on the show holding a snowball (what is their thing??).  Either way, LB can go.

Are drugs pumped into air ducts at Mary's house?  That is all I got regarding THAT scene.  Meredith has pretty much worn out her usefulness if she ever had any.  Maybe she can move somewhere her accent works.  And lastly, Whitney.  I ff through her scenes.  She and her husband skeeve me out.

14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

And when Monica was fighting with her mother, her young, unattended daughter was doing "shots", and collecting dollar bills....

Monica and her mother's relationship is externally dysfunctional.

And more stories about grievances from Monica (is this the RH of New York?).

Monica (judging from the previews, as well) is hell bent to make it to a second season.  

Heather is going to make Jack's mission her season story line.

Heather: Lisa's Mormonism is Vida tequila and strapless dresses!

If there are any Duggar peeps in here, Monica's kids look kinda like the Rodrigues kids.  Not sure how that happened.

So Lisa never goes to the temple.  She is what is considered a jack Mormon.  Drinks alcohol, caffeine, etc...  I did think she handled Heather well.  Lisa is just being supportive to her son.  Heather needs to butt out.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

One more HW telling us that in their culture family/food/religion is important to them I think I will scream...show of hands of how many of us do not think those things are important, I mean food especially, lol!

Mary and her son's convo about a secret marriage tells us all we need to know about their relationship.

Mary has missed out on a chance to host an event, a vow renewal (and we all know about the curse that goes with it) for her son and DIL to make it "legal" and in her church, invite all the HW's, it could've been the finale episode with stills of the women throwing food at each other with the little bubble that tells about their life beyond the finale.

Monica's mother was calm when she told Monica to cool it, it was Monica that ramped up the confrontation, she acted like a sullen 13 year old, both their dynamics are bad but Monica is not helping the situation. Her telling her mother that she could be doing the sixty nine on the living room couch, why that particular thing anyway? Lock the door! When my parents moved to Baltimore County (they were living in Middletown/Frederick because my father was working at Ft. Detrick when they first married back in 1952 but I digress), my grandfather (my fathers father) would pop over whenever, one day my mother was in her underwear and was walking out of her bedroom just when he walked in to the house and could be seen from the foyer...both screamed in surprise and it never happened again...Monica having sex on her couch in a house full of children that she seems to have 100% full time, no breaks (according to her), I think Monica has been dramatic all her life.

Also, gee how did the Easter Bunny know when to get in Heather's car at the exact moment to surprise her? Same with finding Whitney out on a walk and I was shocked that Mary actually rolled down her window for the Bunny, she seems like she would just throw the car in reverse and speed away, lol.

That seemed awfully dangerous!  Someone could have come out swinging.  Or pulled a gun.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I didn't get that Monica's mom was taking Angies side at all. She was tryng to get Monica to cam down, stop raising her voice at the hostess and quit using vulgar language in front of children especially at an Easter brunch.  In other words quit making a spectacle of herself. Monica has anger issues, and in no universe was her behavior okay. In my opinion her mother was to be commended for trying to get Monica to calm down and get herelf under control. And if she couldn't control her anger it was best that she left. I felt so sorry for her little girl who asked her what about the egg hunt and Monica was draggin her out.

That's the thing though. To an outsider, it totally appears that her mom was trying to calm her down. But her mom knew good and well what Monica's reaction would be when she stepped in and what it would look like to everyone watching. She had no intention of preventing the spectacle. She wanted to toss lighter fluid on it. 

16 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Her mom was making it into more of a spectacle and knowingly doing it in front of people with whom Monica has contentious relationships. I am not saying that this makes Monica "right" or a victim, just that her mom is a toxic dickhole that appears to want to humiliate her kid. She should show unity, or at least express only quiet noncommittal concern/support, with Monica in public or stay out of it. It looks like she's trying to be liked by the other HWs by fighting with Monica -- to me, anyway.

All of this. Monica was very much in the wrong for taking Angie's bait and escalating and then taking her mom's bait and escalating more. But her mom wanted Monica to look bad while she looked like the savior. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Angie: I wish you had pulled me off to the side and told me. 

But that's exactly what she did. Now if Angie had stayed focused on, I wish you hadn't repeated it to anyone else after you told me, I'd have no issues. But Angie didn't care about any of that until Lisa told her she should. 

IMO the real issue, which they are not allowed to say, is that she said it on camera for "America" to hear.  If her husband has been a famous hairdresser in Salt Lake City for years then it probably has been accompanied by "gay rumors" because that's how people are, and they're probably aware of rumors "on the street" but don't really care.  Now that it's been mentioned on tv they have to talk about it and act offended to perform on the show.  Which is why, once again, Meredith started it - mention "rumors" on the show and they pretty much have to come out.  (The exception being whatever we never learned about Harry Hamlin on RHoBH, of course! 😃)

• Like 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

The Book of Mormon is not just the name of that satirical show, it's also the name of the actual religious text. (If your post was sarcastic, ignore me; I didn't mean to seem pedantic!)

I know that is was a play on words/ironic name of the play but my thought was why would Jack committ to a mission for a religion he has not done the reading.  Will he be Jack the Uninformed Mormon?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
spelling
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

I know that is was a play on words/ironic name of the play but my thought was why would Jack committ to a mission for a religion he has not done the reading.  Will he be Jack the Uniformed Mormon?

Ohhhhhhh, OK -- I'm sorry! Maybe he just wants to get away, haha!

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Why didn't Monica take off her trench coat at the party? Was she planning to storm off early? Was her outfit as trashy as her behavior, and deemed inappropriate for Easter brunch? 

Was I the only one who laughed when Heather presented Angie with a bowl of 9 lemons?

I thought it was funny but I forgot all about it seconds later, the funny thing is nobody questioned it!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

But....that boy is certainly a testament to the saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  He is just as weird and strange as his Mom.

I also noticed that Mary hasn't had her house remodeled or updated.  Last time we saw Mary in her living room, she had an interior designer come over to re-do the place.  That green wall-to-wall carpeting is still there, along with all the other circa 1980's decor and furnishings.

He’s a complete idiot.  What’s that saying?  He’s a bit touched.

She doesn’t have the church of unlimited funds anymore, she can’t afford it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

That's the thing though. To an outsider, it totally appears that her mom was trying to calm her down. But her mom knew good and well what Monica's reaction would be when she stepped in and what it would look like to everyone watching. She had no intention of preventing the spectacle. She wanted to toss lighter fluid on it.

Exactly! This is what toxic, gaslighting, narcissistic abusers do. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, ZettaK said:

There was no time left for music, or culture because Bravo had to show the more "important" conversation between Angie and Monica, and Monica's prolonged fight with her mother.

I don't know why Shawn wears a cap all the time. He is not bald (but maybe he is balding) according to this photo. There are photos of him on Angie's IG where he doesn't wear a cap.

Screenshot_20231018_010431_Instagram.jpg

What are they channeling here--Morticia and Lurch?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

According to Monica's reasoning, it's ok to repeat a rumor if you tell it to the person it's about. It's ok that she exposed the rumor that she heard "from the streets of SLC" (not from Meredith), because she told it to Angie even though there's no proof that was the rumor Meredith was talking about, and no one (NO ONE) is really quite sure what the hell Meredith was talking about that evening, anyway.

Monica suddenly became a huge fan of Meredith, so she doesn't want to involve her. Meredith said "the rumors about the husband", but not what the rumors were. I hoped that this wouldn't become a storyline for the whole season, but the mid season trailer which aired after the show proves otherwise....

10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The Easter Bunny also gave an invitation to Lisa during a confessional!

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

The Easter Bunny also gave an invitation to Lisa during a confessional!

I thought that the Easter Bunny invitation deliverer was probably a production assistant that was forced into the job, LOL!!  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1