Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Apparently “make xxxx happen” has made its way into the vocabulary of even people who haven’t seen the movie. (Or maybe I’ve lost track of the quotes within quotes and am attributing it to the wrong poster.)

Ahhh, so that's where it came from!

• Like 3
On 10/3/2023 at 10:35 PM, deSchenke said:

Why isn't it acknowledged that menopause affects libido in many of us? I can't find any study stating how many or what percentage. But interestingly, when I casually bring it up, there are others who echo my experience.

If I lost my husband and had sufficient time to mourn his loss. I think I would date.  It wouldn't be for a sexual partner, it would be for companionship.

My husband and I still show affection and intimacy for one another. I wish I was "into it" for intercourse, but I'm not. And believe me when I say we did it almost daily before menopause and I was somewhat "into it" for another two years after menopause. Now it's more about love and appreciation for one another. I'm very glad to have the man I do who is so understanding.

I'm glad you and your friends are sexual. Please acknowledge that there are some of us who aren't, but would still desire companionship. And I think a good many of the women there (on the Golden Bachelor) are in our camp. 

If you don't want to acknowledge it, then I find that offensive. Just like how severe cramps can vary from individual to individual, or how emotions are affected during peri-menopause, or hot flashes vary. This varies too.

I had cancer in my early 40s and the chemo brought on menopause full force.  I had zero interest in intercourse.  I had sweats day and night.  If my husband touched me the temperature of his hand brought the sweating on and that would be the end of that.   
My mother was widowed at 50 and never wanted another man, that was it and she’s 80 now.   It is common and women who aren’t affected for whatever reason, good for you but that’s far from a large majority.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Fantasy Suites have finally arrived- throw it down, Grandzaddy! 🙌🌹🔥😄

I'm expecting perfectly done makeup and hair when the women pretend to just wake up, unripe honeydew melon and English muffins, a pile of clothing on the floor, and random shots of animals looking at the camera.  Don't disappoint me, producers! 😄

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
19 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

So true- and It's so much fun here 😄🙌💯! I really hope that there's a Golden Bachelorette so that we can all keep up the great posts.    I'm not even that into the new super baby-faced bachelor named Joey coming up -but I will watch it anyway and take one for the team! 😉🌹

I’ll probably watch too, but I hate all the smooching and hot tub scenes.  

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

'm expecting perfectly done makeup and hair when the women pretend to just wake up, unripe honeydew melon and English muffins, a pile of clothing on the floor, and random shots of animals looking at the camera.  Don't disappoint me, producers! 😄

Since this is the GOLDEN Bachelor, should we also expect to see random lube tubes and certain medications on the nightstands, also?🙈

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
31 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Fantasy Suites have finally arrived- throw it down, Grandzaddy! 🙌🌹🔥😄

I'm expecting perfectly done makeup and hair when the women pretend to just wake up, unripe honeydew melon and English muffins, a pile of clothing on the floor, and random shots of animals looking at the camera.  Don't disappoint me, producers! 😄

Will some of them take their wigs off and possibly teeth out, lol.  Can’t wait for this.  Oh, there’s only two left.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Or at the very least, Gerry's hearing aids on the nightstand!

Yeah, he won't be able to hear the sweet nothings that the ladies whisper into his ear.  He'll probably do what my 91-yr-old mother does: no matter what I say, she just nods her head and smiles!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Leslie was hoping for zip-lining, not repelling. It’s sort of like vertical zip-lining? Oh, hell no. I just saw that waterfall!. Nevermind. Oh, Jesus, they’re getting water-boarded during this! They really could have found a different zip-lining type activity, and it still would have been incredibly adventurous for them.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 8

Gerry straight out told Leslie she’s the one when there’s still another one left. That’s different. He also throws out the L word liberally, so don’t know what weight his words hold.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Apparently “make xxxx happen” has made its way into the vocabulary of even people who haven’t seen the movie. (Or maybe I’ve lost track of the quotes within quotes and am attributing it to the wrong poster.)

It has had its way into the cultural lexicon and even my hubby knows about it (years ago I had to explain what junk in the trunk was to him )

• LOL 5

If we decide, from this point forward it will be till death do us part. Is that a threat? You’ve known each other like 3 weeks. Why don’t you wait until you “figure it out,” as you said, and see what real life is like.

Gerry told Jesse his is in love with Leslie (and hasn’t had that moment with Theresa). Now he’s telling Leslie she’s the one and he’s 100% committed. Is this why Gerry has a breakdown? If he also falls in love with Theresa, it’s till death do us part already with Leslie. Talk about the Most Dramatic Finale in Bachelor History if Leslie must die to make room for Theresa.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 17
1 minute ago, Quickbeam said:

I know we’ve moved on to Teresa but I want to send Leslie sone deep conditioner. Her hair drives me crazy. 

I was thinking the same about both women. Costa Rica was probably very humid and they forgot their conditioner. 

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Gerry told Jesse his is in love with Leslie (and hasn’t had that moment with Theresa). Now he’s telling Leslie she’s the one and he’s 100% committed. Is this why Gerry has a breakdown? If he also falls in love with Theresa, it’s till death do us part already with Leslie. Talk about the Most Dramatic Finale in Bachelor History if Leslie must die to make room for Theresa.

Yeah… I mean I know the hosts say it all the time on the Bachelor/Bachelorette how any given season is the most dramatic finale ever! But 9 times out of 10, it's a load of bull. And I don't see how this season is going to be anything shocking, not with Gerry literally saying all of these things to and about Leslie. 

So if by most dramatic Jesse means that Theresa (the pawn) is going to get her heart stomped on because Gerry had basically already made his choice before they even got to Costa Rica, then, yeah…that's dramatic...for Theresa! 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

69 Lesley says.  A little raunchy there.  I feel sorry for the loser now, whoever it will be.  It’s getting too intense.  You can love two people at the same time.  I did when I was young.  I was going with someone for a few years, then met my husband at a company dance.  I started dating him too.  Crazy, but I loved them both .. and made a choice.  It was my husband who was more stable.  Married over fifty years.  For the first time, I think he cares more for Leslie than Teresa.  Seems like he has the hots for Leslie big time.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Oh, man, Faith just taught Gerry how to ride a horse, and now he’s all about riding horses. Was this supposed to be Faith’s date?

Any chance Gerry is going to send Theresa home before finishing this date? I guess not. Too much time left for a cliffhanger—and not enough drama for the whole finale episode next.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The way they are holding those coffee cups and pretending to take sips with big old fake slurps, those mugs are totally empty. I knew it! Now Theresa is holding hers sideways while she’s kissing Gerry!

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

WHAT A DOUCHE. I've lost respect for him.

You don't have to keep your penis in your pants, but you do have to keep the I love yous outta your mouth.

I get a feeling it wasn't a sex night for either woman. Maybe some intimacy but more that closeness that goes beyond sex. When you lay there close to someone and whisper secrets and dreams and fears. That is real intimacy.  

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

I really wish they didn’t do proposals at the end, other countries in the franchise don’t.

That’s interesting, it would be so refreshing if in the US versions it was more like real life and not a multi-year psychological experiment - 

It feels like the whole bachelor franchise really is a social/psychological study - you put people in a controlled situation with no access to the outer world - 

a very weird twist on Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, SouthernChick said:

I think he will pick Theresa, but I really like him with Leslie

I still think Leslie but I really like Theresa.  Long term when the sexy  time slows, she will be there.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5

I think rejection will be much harder on Leslie than Theresa. Theresa has had a great love, Leslie hasn't.

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I get a feeling it wasn't a sex night for either woman. Maybe some intimacy but more that closeness that goes beyond sex. When you lay there close to someone and whisper secrets and dreams and fears. That is real intimacy.  

I wasn't assuming they had sex, though. I'm thinking probably not.

• Like 2
  • Love 1