Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/29/2023 at 5:30 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Maybe in the beginning? I have been with my significant other for 15 years and I remember when we first started dating we would sit together on the sofa and make out. Now he lays on the sofa with the remote and I sit on the other sofa across the room. 😝

But seriously, the older I get (cough*50*cough) the pickier I am about who I would want to kiss and wonder how I would make it out in the dating world again. I can't imagine kissing so many people like Gerry has.

I couldn’t imagine dating again.  Too much trouble and I don’t have the stamina anymore to get all gussied up.  I love being home on my sofa in my robe and watch reality tv, lol.  Besides, I’m still married and we both are homebodies.  All we do is go shopping, eat out once in awhile, take a little ride, and see the kids and grandkids.  Oh, and see doctors, lol.  That’s retirement.

• Like 15
  • Love 4

Although some kissing may be spontaneous, I think a majority of it is requested by the production staff.  Can you hear it, "OK  Gerry, the suns just about set, can we get the  kiss shot and then we'll do the dinner scenes."

• Like 10
21 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe she meant the blonde Joan?

They say...nursing homes have a lot of sex going on!  Lol

Not nursing homes! I was in nursing home management for 22 years. Senior living facilities, the more expensive ones, hare the seniors who are hale and hearty enough to want to knock boots with whoever else they feel like it. 

Assisted living also has people who may be weak physically in some ways, but still able to get it on. Nursing homes are for the more frail and ill. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

The Villages has been mentioned a few times - I recommend this documentary, "Some Kind of Heaven," to anyone interested in seeing what life's like in The Villages. After I watched it, the statistics about the high rate of STDs there made more sense 😉

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I recommend this documentary, "Some Kind of Heaven,"

It's on Hulu now. Looks like it could be a fun place to live if you are an extrovert. OMG that guy who lived in his van looking for a rich woman to support him. 😂

Anyway... at least the show does a background check on Gerry and the contestants. I wonder how much medical history they get, you may not end up being a "purse" if they are financially okay but you could end up being a "nurse" if they get sick.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

OMG that guy who lived in his van looking for a rich woman to support him. 😂

He sold himself by saying he was “handy”.  My favorite part of the whole doc was the scene where he couldn’t even close his current girlfriend’s blinds! 🫣

What a putz!

• LOL 11
On 10/29/2023 at 9:03 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I wonder if Gerry was that romantic with his wife?

My mom's best friend passed away and her husband remarried. He was constantly holding his new wife's hand and nuzzling up close to her, my mom was a bit disgusted because he never was affectionate with her friend his first wife. 

It's hormones.  New relationship energy is real.  Some people get so addicted to it that they keep breaking up with a partner after about 2 years because that feeling starts to wear off so they go chasing it again with someone new.

I definitely think Gerry is experiencing that energy.  There are wonderful things about a relationship that lasts decades that you can't get with a new relationship.  But there are things that a new relationship brings that you can't recreate in a 40+ year marriage.

On 10/30/2023 at 7:57 AM, sadie said:

Do you think they fill out info about themselves like things they simply won’t do. I’m terrified of flying and it makes me sick so when I saw the helicopter I was like “nope I’m out”, like I seriously would have refused. Can they do that’s?

Oh for sure.  They set up the situations to encourage romance. One way they can trick hormones into reacting is by setting up intense experiences the couples share.

On 10/30/2023 at 2:18 PM, kristen111 said:

I’m wondering why he didn’t pick Edith in the first place. 

I definitely think he's into brunettes.

On 10/30/2023 at 5:13 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I keep going back and forth over whether Gerry's sweet and sincere, or whether he sounds like what would happen if Eddie Haskell got a job in HR.  Especially when he's responding to all the outpourings of love.  ("I'm falling for you!" "That's a lovely dress you're wearing!")  But to be fair I guess it would be even worse if he he either expressed the same love to (all of) them, or shot them down cold.

I think it's hard to "bachelor" or "bachelorette" because you can't just get rid of people and choose your #1 when you know.  You have to keep around these other people, go on dates with them...etc. to give the show content.

• Like 17
9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

It's on Hulu now. Looks like it could be a fun place to live if you are an extrovert. OMG that guy who lived in his van looking for a rich woman to support him. 😂

Anyway... at least the show does a background check on Gerry and the contestants. I wonder how much medical history they get, you may not end up being a "purse" if they are financially okay but you could end up being a "nurse" if they get sick.

Thanks.  I’m going to watch it.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

well, anyone can get sick, so no way to root that out unless we're talking recurrent or already affected

• Like 2
20 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

He sold himself by saying he was “handy”.

'If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.'  Red Green.

Personally, as long as he's not a troll, I'll take handy over handsome (or financially well-off) every time.  A rich boyfriend is not going to pay for your plumber, but your handy boyfriend can fix the leak so you don't need to call a plumber.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

I have not seen the show, but is that what was meant by "handy"? (full disclosure, my husband and I are notoriously not handy in the "plumber" sense)

Kinda dreading the hometown visits. Is this going to be a ton of treacle as the ladies' families try to "sell her"?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, bankerchick said:

'If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.'  Red Green.

Personally, as long as he's not a troll, I'll take handy over handsome (or financially well-off) every time.  A rich boyfriend is not going to pay for your plumber, but your handy boyfriend can fix the leak so you don't need to call a plumber.

My husband is not handy, wish he was but I'll keep him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Susan looks like a hard version of Kris Jenner. And Kathy looks like Caitlyn. 😂

i don't see susan as hard looking at all and who knows what kris would look like without all the work she's had done, plus she's still kris jenner, so.....

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 14
2 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Is it too early to pop the popcorn?

I've got my Skinny Pop! Let the games begin.... I am cringing already thinking about the grandkids asking (being coached to ask) if he is going to marry their grandma and that he should be the new Paw-Paw.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Sounds like a restaurant, I think she said it was called Brick and Porter (or something like that)

So, he doesn't get to see where and how she lives?   Geez, now he tells Leslie that he loves her?   He loves 2 women?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1