Type keyword(s) to search

Season 25 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah, so we finally have our first problematic moment of the season:

Luke's already been on thin ice, between his comment about being embarrassed to lose the HOH comp to a woman and dismissing Matt's request to repeat something because he literally didn't hear him, but this is pretty bad. Especially given how casually he dropped it into the conversation, meaning it's likely part of his normal vocabulary.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 8

Never mind. I won't erase since it's been quoted, but sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm glad it's still possible for him to have consequences.

BB already released a thing saying that while they don't tolerate hate speech, they gathered the "team" and determined that Luke didn't say anything wrong. Huh? Even he acknowledged it, albeit tacitly, right afterwards, with Jared.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
16 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

BB already released a thing saying that while they don't tolerate hate speech, they gathered the "team" and determined that Luke didn't say anything wrong. Huh? Even he acknowledged it, albeit tacitly, right afterwards, with Jared.

Really? Are you sure it wasn't the statement they made about Memphis when some people thought they heard him say it during All Stars?

• Like 2

I haven’t watched feeds much this 1st week. Everyone still getting their feels, allegiances have changed so much, half of them are sick (including me) and as of today still looks like Kristen is 1st eviction. Is the Netherworld (and I’m not calling it by the other ridiculous name) is where the 1st 4 evictees hibernate before one of them battles back? 

• Hugs 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That was their statement in BB22 about Memphis.

If Production said they would eject Memphis if they determined he said the n word then they better be ejecting Luke today because he 100% said it.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was their statement in BB22 about Memphis.

If Production said they would eject Memphis if they determined he said the n word then they better be ejecting Luke today because he 100% said it.

In the event TPTB actually stumbled into doing the right thing and launched Luke off the set, would that ejection give Felicia and Kirsten a pass for the week?

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind if Luke left and Kirsten got to stay.

Anyhow, Camera 1 shows one person is up and is in the shower. I believe it is Cirie. But the waters not on. I wonder if she's cleaning it before she showers, no, she's actually finished and maybe was cleaning it after herself. And this is Felicia, not Cirie. I made my guess based on the undergarments hanging over the shower door.

Camera 2 shows Felicia out of the shower and  looking in the cupboards under the sink.

In the meantime, Cameras 3 and 4 show the Have Not room. I guess Luke is the one on the cheese. Camera 4 shows another view of the Have Not room. We have a good view of the hot dog bed here, but it looks like whoever is on it is wrapped in an ordinary blanket and not ketchup and mustard.

Felicia to the storage room to exchange batteries. All the batteries are lined up on a ledge above the counter, each with its own tag. Felicia looks like she's practicing a speech. She's listing what's need: a new dish drainer that doesn't have a hole in it because the water runs out the dish drainer onto the counter and the counter is now bubbling. Next stop: outside for some quiet time.

Now Felicia has to go back to the storage room to exchange her microphone for a new one, but she went into the hallway bedroom instead. I don't know which universe this bedroom is supposed to be. Scramble verse? Scaryverse is the hospital room and comicverse the back bedroom and I've forgotten what the fourth verse is.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Lights are on in the comic bedroom. Izzy and Cirie are up. Cirie is going to borrow a tank top from Izzy. Cirie's cough is sounding better.

Then spinning brown portal of doom.

• Like 1

Cirie and Bowie whispering that they should expand their circle of friends so that the new friends will be shields for the inner circle. They feel bad about Kirsten leaving. Then, while my phone is ringing, say something about someone speaking one way to Cirie and another way to Felicia. I didn't catch who they were talking about. 

Cirie says it's  August 9. by August 23, she'll be answering "WHAT?" to something someone asks and crying because the water is too wet. (Meaning that's how her personality will change from staying in the house.) They both say they don't want to be a pawn. While the cough seems a little better, Cirie sounds more stuffed up.

• Like 1

Izzy and Hisam talking outside, discussing being different because of gender choice and preference. Izzy was starting to steam up yesterday when Cameron was talking about trauma. Hisam tells her to hold it together. Hisam says there was a fight in the room upstairs. Cory and Luke were talking about giving grace to Reilly, I think terming it as the white girl, and Jared asks, "What about grace for the black girl?" They say the house is divided in an unexpected way because of implicit biases. Also they don't trust Red. Izzy says she's not cocky at all, she's confident. Hisam says they need to get the easy targets out and when the group is smaller, pull in the outsiders into their alliance.

Izzy goes sits next to the hammock where Cory is lying. She rocks the hammock. Cameron bothers Izzy. She doesn't trust him. Cory says Cameron says the house upstairs is toxic and he needs to go with the downstairs. Izzy says Cameron keeps on saying he's showing his heart. Bullshit! says Izzy. Cory mentions transparent, I guess another Cameron catchword. I suppose he's trying to be sincere in his sincerity. Also Izzy says he thinks everything that happens is his idea. Cory says Cameron is going to be targeted next. Izzy says she and Hisam are targets.

By the way, the Have Nots are off slop now.

Cory is wondering why the backyard isn't closed. He thinks the HOH will be questions or something simple like that.

I just watched the video, and not only does Luke say it— clearly, no room for misunderstanding — he then tries to deny saying it to Jared.

After Hisam and Cody leave the room in disgust, Luke turns to Jared, still smiling, and says “It wasn’t what you thought. I was gonna call him a narwhal. I was gonna call him a narwhal.” Jared’s response: “I don’t give a fuck.”

The video is embedded in this link, if you want to see for yourself. What an asshole.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2023/big-brother-25-spoilers-reilly-spiral/

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1

That word must obviously be a part of Luke's regular vocabulary if he just casually drops it while in conversation with very new acquaintances.  It has been six days, which is a very long time in the BB house, but nothing anyone has said here, and nothing I've seen in the broadcast episodes indicates to me that Luke is really bonding with the group to where he should feel comfortable enough to be jokey or edgy or ironic about language like that.

Thank you for posting the screencaps of the reactions, that one look of "'da hell?!?" on Hisam's face is absolutely priceless. 

Does Luke know what show he's really on?  Or does he think he's on some sort of "holding set" to be brought into Temptation Island or some other dating show as a mid-season replacement hunk?  He's just literally not trying, from hardly pretending to hang on during the first comp, to now racist talk on the show that has made headlines (OK, entertainment news headlines) over hamster's racism.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Someone announced the time and I noticed the camera time is behind by 6 minutes; was that always a thing?

I noticed it yesterday when someone called out the time but when someone called out the time last week, it matched the time on my laptop.  

If Production really wanted to get rid of Luke, they could make up some glitch in their MultVerse theme, have Reilly do renoms and send him on his way.  It would even match up with their Expect The Unexpected nonsense.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Like 2

Cirie is talking with Mecole on the hammock. Cirie wants to put up Blue and someone, Luke I think, but then backdoor Reilly or Cameron. Mecole and Cirie talk about Reilly, how she regrets staying so much in the HOH room and not going out. Mecole says that was her decision - she made the decision to stay in the HOH room and wait for people to come to her. Anyway, they had a good talk, mostly about Reilly.

• Like 2

Cirie and Meme are getting annoyed with everyone. They can’t deal with the constant small talk about nothing. They don’t care what your favorite circular object is. 

Cirie repeats this sentiment later with Jared and Izzy. On Survivor, it took much longer to get annoyed with everyone. Maybe it’s because the group is smaller? Even Bowie is getting on her nerves.

Jared almost blew it earlier. He was telling a story about his coaching yelling at him, saying “Fields! Fields!” But he quickly covered by saying “can you believe? He calls ‘yards’, ‘fields’!” Cirie doesn’t know whether to be horrified or laugh.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 7

Cirie is telling America and Mecole Survivor stories and it's the BEST.  I could listen to these stories all day long.  

9 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

They can’t deal with the constant small talk about nothing. They don’t care what your favorite circular object is. 

GAWD, I hate small talk and repetitive conversations.  I've often wanted to play Big Brother but I"d probably hate most of my fellow hamsters by the end of the first week.  

• Like 1

Honestly? I'm shocked they went through with it. They never take measures like this, so I genuinely thought they would give him a warning and that's it.

But I am very glad they took it seriously, because that word slipped out of his mouth WAY too casually and he treated it like a joke after he said it. And he made some very inappropriate jokes afterward with Jared. There really was no option, as it was guaranteed to happen again.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Cirie is telling America and Mecole Survivor stories and it's the BEST.  I could listen to these stories all day long.

The best story was when they were sleeping in a cave and Jonathon (Penner?) was bit in the finger by a mouse and he screamed. Cirie was crying from holding back the laughter.

I'm glad they removed Luke. I hope that means Kirsten can stay.

• Like 3

I wondered if that's why we were getting rabbits.  Good to hear that they actually took some action, and didn't try to pretend it didn't happen.  

10 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

The best story was when they were sleeping in a cave and Jonathon (Penner?) was bit in the finger by a mouse and he screamed. Cirie was crying from holding back the laughter.

The one about her husband thinking their drinking water was something they washed their feet in was funny, too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Edited:  Never mind - I got punked!

That's crazy that they actually acted so swiftly, but I'm fine with it.  Hopefully it saves Kristin; Reilly will lose her mind!

Edited by Katesus7
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly? I'm shocked they went through with it. They never take measures like this, so I genuinely thought they would give him a warning and that's it.

But I am very glad they took it seriously, because that word slipped out of his mouth WAY too casually and he treated it like a joke after he said it. And he made some very inappropriate jokes afterward with Jared. There really was no option, as it was guaranteed to happen again.

Cynically, I'm thinking Luke made it easy for them since he's been such a nonstarter anyway. And if they cancel Week 1 noms, Kirsten with a second chance might be more interesting.

• Like 6

Claire is Right On.  We've all seen how "do-nothing" BB has been in the past with this. It should not be part of the game.  There should be a Zero tolerance policy.  You violate it = automatic expulsion.

Claire Rehfuss @ClaireRehfuss

They need to remove him. Productions need to enforce a zero tolerance policy. It’s hate speech, you don’t get to stay. AND production shouldn’t put the burden on the players - ie don’t make him a penalty nom or just tell everyone and have it play out. Just remove him

https://twitter.com/ClaireRehfuss/status/1689316099509440512

Edited by inandout
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I.....can't believe CBS actually removed him.  Is that really true?  Are we being punked?  I mean, good for them if it is true, but based on the BB production we know and hate so well, Luke would be given about three more chances to dig his own racist grave--including some sensitivity training by someone (probably Cirie) they could use clips from on the broadcast show--before catching a penalty nom for the potential for removal. 

As far as I can recall, the only times hamsters have been removed from the BB house have been because of violence, or threats of violence.

• Like 2

I saw this on twitter just now, but it's not an official source, so take it with a grain of salt.  (bolding mine)

Statement from Big Brother: ''Luke's departure from the game will be addressed in future episodes to come, we can also confirm that the other houseguest who had exclaimed similiar profanities earlier today in the live feeds has also been removed''

• Like 1

So who is the other house guest? The only one I can think of is Cameron. Red was making pancakes this morning so it wasn't him. I also saw Jag and Cory. And Hisam. Also saw Cirie, Izzy, Felicia, Mecole, Bowie, America.

If it is Cameron, girls need to swoop in and make an alliance immediately.

I saw Matt, too.

• Like 1

Whoa.  If that's true, then there really is a zero tolerance policy this season.  

If this is true, then does it leave room for new blood in the house?  Maybe that's the ploy, go with zero tolerance, knowing there will be several douchebros who will inevitibly go over the line, and then.....FRANKIE!!!!

• Mind Blown 3

OMG.  I hadn't thought of that possibility.  That would be epic!  Nah, they'd band together, run the entire house, watch the hamsters dance at the ends of their puppet strings, then hug it out on finale night as Janelle wins by one vote.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw this on twitter just now, but it's not an official source, so take it with a grain of salt.  (bolding mine)

IGNORE.  Do Not Entertain.  It's Trolling.  NOT the official statement issued by BB.  Google.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, I think they will just let that eviction play out, because otherwise they'd have a PR nightmare on their hands.   Sigh.  Another season of Big Brother, another controversy which will overpower everything else.  

Edited by Katesus7
  • Like 2

For what it's worth, I don't think that statement is true about another houseguest is being removed. I noticed the moment Luke was ejected from the game, people were digging into reasons for other people to be removed as well. 

I don't think they can afford more people to be ejected with a 100 day season, anyway, so BB better be praying Luke's the only issue.

I am curious to see how the eviction goes tomorrow, if there even IS an eviction. Only because 100 day season and there already needs to be at least one battleback and one cancelled eviction/reset week on top of their double eviction. 

• Like 2

Luke was a boring idiot that's why they were so fast to make this decision plus the producers wouldn't like it to have two black women on the block Thursday night and one of them leaving. Producers only care for their image and numbers, or else they'd be way more careful when casting people. Do they even do psychological tests etc? I bet they don't. So I don't buy they are so sensitive.

• Like 1