Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Loose Lips and Relationships

• Start Topic

Jenn and Tamra put their issues to rest and plan a triple date; Eddie confronts Ryan about all the rumors; Shannon strategizes how to handle discussions of her romantic relationship; Emily and Shane work through parenting issues.

Original air date 2023.08.02

• Like 1
1 minute ago, QQQQ said:

When did Tamra first hear what Ryan said about wanting her sleep with her? And when did it become an issue for her?

Apparently YEARS ago right? But NOW it’s earth shattering …

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 9

It's production that wants Shannon to discuss her relationship because it's problematic. Shannon broke the 4th wall ("I'm miced"). And her relationship won't be destroyed because it will be discussed- if there are no issues, of course.

As for Ryan, seriously? Everybody wants him (he said on the previous, and this episode)? Tamra, Heather Amin (who is in love with him). And they are jealous of his relationship with Jenn? He is delusional. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

When did Tamra first hear what Ryan said about wanting her sleep with her? And when did it become an issue for her?

A couple of years ago, but she, Jenn, or Ryan were not on the show until now.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Is there something going on with Eddie’s face? Like his lower jaw and lips don’t come out of a frown position even when he’s talking 

Coming in late here…he talks through his teeth like his jaw’s locked.

FINALLY…somebody admitting that another’s personal business is nobody else’s business. Ryan’s a sleaze, for sure, but that is for Jenn to live with. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Coming in late here…he talks through his teeth like his jaw’s locked.

FINALLY…somebody admitting that another’s personal business is nobody else’s business. Ryan’s a sleaze, for sure, but that is for Jenn to live with. 

Jenn is on a reality show. Her relationship is not her personal business anymore because she chose it to be her story line.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

Tamra…always comes with the tearful excuses. Always.

7 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Jenn is on a reality show. Her relationship is not her personal business anymore because she chose it to be her story line.

True,  but finally someone in the group (Shannon) finally recognized that it’s time to move on.

• Like 8

I’m not saying it’s a sign that the show’s boring, but, I couldn’t wait for it to end to see the previews for next week to see if it was going to be better.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Well, Shane is back to being a dick, I see. I found nothing funny about him tonight. His comments were cutting, and he undermined Emily’s authority with the kids.

When will their marriage become fodder for the hen party?

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Heather "...and we paid." God she's a snob.

I'd watch Emily's 'shit talking channel.'

33 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

What is going on with Gina’s eyebrows in the clothing store? They don’t look even.

They look like Elaine from Seinfeld drew them on with a marker.  And these fake !ashes theyre all wearing now are out of control.

22 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Well, Shane is back to being a dick, I see. I found nothing funny about him tonight. His comments were cutting, and he undermined Emily’s authority with the kids.

Definitely. He's one of these fathers that won't proactively deal with their kids. Instead, they wait for Mom to make a move and then 'correct' her. He was an ass at the pumpkin patch.

• Like 16
  • LOL 1

The clock is probably ticking on Shane and Emily’s marriage. They don’t usually last on this show and the way he speaks to her isn’t very nice. 
An earlier season was on today. You can really see the Madame Puppet in tonight’s episode after you watch one  with early Heather. 
That fake open house scene was so staged and stupid. She just walked out with the cookies in the oven? Show a real open house or don’t show it at all.
John Jansen doesn’t look amused at the restaurant.
I don’t believe anything Ryan says. It’s Jenns problem though. It’s not like he’s still coming into Cut Fitness  I notice Eddie had a lot of praise for her. She left her husband for Ryan just like Tammy Sue did for him. That’s what he considers a strong woman. 
The mid season trailer of Tamrat yelling that Jenn blew up her family. Didn’t Tams do the exact same thing? 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Is there something going on with Eddie’s face? Like his lower jaw and lips don’t come out of a frown position even when he’s talking 

It’s a little Karl from Slingblade. Maybe Botox? 

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I noticed that - it's like he's got permanent lockjaw or something.  

But, that was not the worst "face" thing tonight.  That realtor guy that Gina wants to work for?  That face was some scary shit....it looked like one of those creepy plastic Halloween masks that the murderer guy wears in a slasher movie.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 7
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

IAs for Ryan, seriously? Everybody wants him (he said on the previous, and this episode)? Tamra, Heather Amin (who is in love with him). And they are jealous of his relationship with Jenn? He is delusional. 

Ryan has a magic mirror that improves his looks, personality, and sex appeal.  That's the only excuse I can think of for his high opinion of himself. 

Tammy Sue's blue dress in her talking heads.  Why does that exist?  Why would someone wear it?  I am sure she thinks she looks super sexy.  She must have looked in Ryan's mirror. 

Heather was going for her Emmy tonight with her voice break when talking about moving into the next chapter of their lives. 

I did agree with Tamra on one thing - what the heck was Ryan wearing on the boat?  When someone with as bad of taste as she has is calling you out 😬.

• LOL 12

Emily must have really bad self esteem to put up with Shane constantly making "jokes" at her expense. He doesn't seem to really like being around the family-- doing family stuff. At their dinner when they both ordered steaks, and his was bigger, OF COURSE he had to make a rude comment that the "small guy" gets the big steak-- insinuating that Emily should have been given the larger cut. Rude. He also made fun of her and told the kids to treat mom like a Scarecrow, and was just mean and did not seem like he wanted to be there at all. He couldn't even keep his shit together and his bad attitude and mean streak in check to take a family photo, and Emily nervously asked him about taking a happy family picture. It's clear that Shane's parents are wealthy-- if they got divorced she probably wouldn't get anything, and then she would lose that funding stream. 

Tamra's comment that she couldn't stop looking at Ryan because of how silly he was dressed made me laugh. He looked like he wandered off the set of Sopranos. He is not good looking-- he looks strung out and I think he just tells Jen what she wants to hear. 

So Tamra pretends to bury the hatchet AGAIN with Jen. Tamra is not going to rest until she Jenn to break. Jen, again, kept her composure throughout the whole evening, which means, Tamra is in no way done. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

I would  never  trust Tamra, not one iota of what she says is true. Yes, we all know cut fitness  is closed, gone, shut, now move the hell on from using  it as an excuse Tamra. 

I do love quirky Shannon, she deserves  someone  to love her unconditionally,  and one girlfriend,  that always has her back.

Emily puts up with Shane, and he does say he is wrong, when he is. She's a beautiful  woman imho. I just don't  see the marriage  lasting.

Way too much Gina , just like last week. She's the same weird fake orange tan as well. Ugh!

Jen's close up,  really  shows the work she's had done, she should  stop now.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Poor Jen is either completely clueless keeping people like Tamra and Ryan (who are pretty much the same person) in her life - or desperate to be on this show for money and fame. Her family must watch in horror.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:Tamra is not going to rest until she Jenn to break. Jen, again, kept her composure throughout the whole evening, which means, Tamra is in no way done. 

Exactly. She wants Jenn to breakdown, so Tamra can be the one to soothe her and say, I love you…she gets a sick thrill out of doing that routine. And when she can’t get Jenn to cry, She starts crying to force it, but she sees Jenn still composed-not screaming and yelling, throwing things, and then sobbing. So, you see that look in her eye….definitely not ‘moving on’ til she gets her money shot.  And I love Jenn for keeping it together every time. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Apparently Heather hasn’t figured out how to buy herself that illustrious acting career yet - quel dommage.

My thoughts exactly. She seems to be in overdrive now to reestablish herself as a serious actor since being called out at the dude ranch. Next she’ll be showing up at the casting calls listed in the trades, or community theatre auditions. Jenny can only take a serious artiste so far.

What a coinkydink that she’s suddenly become bored with the Dream Mausoleum and wants to move to LA. Double coinkydink that Josh Altman cold-calls her and Terry about the listing. Quelle transparent. (Trying to remember…was this a small Altman subplot of Million Dollar Listing LA last season?)

Here’s to Heather and Terry embarking on the next chapter of their incredible lives…together. 🥂🤮 We’ll see.

(If Altman and his wife do become entangled in this mess, that will be the show’s third Heather. FWIW.)

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Emily must have really bad self esteem to put up with Shane constantly making "jokes" at her expense. He doesn't seem to really like being around the family-- doing family stuff. At their dinner when they both ordered steaks, and his was bigger, OF COURSE he had to make a rude comment that the "small guy" gets the big steak-- insinuating that Emily should have been given the larger cut. Rude. He also made fun of her and told the kids to treat mom like a Scarecrow, and was just mean and did not seem like he wanted to be there at all. He couldn't even keep his shit together and his bad attitude and mean streak in check to take a family photo, and Emily nervously asked him about taking a happy family picture. It's clear that Shane's parents are wealthy-- if they got divorced she probably wouldn't get anything, and then she would lose that funding stream. 

Tamra's comment that she couldn't stop looking at Ryan because of how silly he was dressed made me laugh. He looked like he wandered off the set of Sopranos. He is not good looking-- he looks strung out and I think he just tells Jen what she wants to hear. 

So Tamra pretends to bury the hatchet AGAIN with Jen. Tamra is not going to rest until she Jenn to break. Jen, again, kept her composure throughout the whole evening, which means, Tamra is in no way done. 

Nope. Not the way that she was giving Jenn the evil eye, even after they “made up”. I was LOLing at the obvious discomfort of Shannon and John during that dinner, and how they both had to go to the restroom at the same time. If they could have jumped into the harbor, they probably would have. 

(Side note: John needs to get that dog some training.)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I would  never  trust Tamra, not one iota of what she says is true. Yes, we all know cut fitness  is closed, gone, shut, now move the hell on from using  it as an excuse Tamra. 

Don't forget her #1 excuse, tequila.  And yet she continues to pound shots. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I swear to God if Shannon is sooo dumb to watch this season back and still try to blame Heather for whatever rumor about her relationship was brought up then she deserves all the bad things that happen to her to keep Tamra a friend

• Like 11
  • Applause 5

Omg.

1) shane is a prick

2) Heather is a pretentious bore.  Snooze.

3) Gina won't sell anything talking to clients with that damn vocal fry

4) shannon is ridiculous.  I've never seen anyone with less of a personality 

5) eddie needs to mind his own business.  

6)Tamara is doing all she can to hold onto that orange

7) there is nothing redeemable or interesting about this season

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, Axie said:

I’m not saying it’s a sign that the show’s boring, but, I couldn’t wait for it to end to see the previews for next week to see if it was going to be better.

It certainly was short last night!  FF through Gina pretending to get a career, Shane/Emily/Family stuff, Shane and Emily date.  Seriously, I could not work for any length of time with that vocal fry Gina uses.

Tamra's face has gotten really hard.  Big mistake bringing her back.  Heather seems to be the only one that can keep Shannon's relationship secrets on air. Vicki is gross AF. 

It appears they are making us watch another pee incident and for that, I am a bit salty.  FUCK MAN!  I am not here for that.  Is a pants shitting next?

As an ex hairdresser I feel that I must comment on the hair.  Of the women that are around my age (Tamra, Heather, Shannon), Heather is the only one that can rock that longer hair.  Maybe it is because it is healthy and she doesn't have a boozehound face.  Shannon and Tamra's hair looks awful.  They have way more $ than I do.  They can afford to fix that.

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

3) Gina won't sell anything talking to clients with that damn vocal fry

She did not even know the asking price of the house!!!!!🙄 

So is Travis doing  this as a side hustle or are they both unemployed and living off Bravo dollars?  

• Like 8

What's up with Shannon having to be walked to the restroom by John? I couldn't catch what she said to him before they both got up and wlked off. 

Heather giddy about "getting back to Hollywood" We'll see how that works out. 

Why does Shannon confide in anyone on this show about her relationship with John? Is she really that slow to catch on?  She would be better off just confiding in Archie.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

What's up with Shannon having to be walked to the restroom by John? I couldn't catch what she said to him before they both got up and wlked off. 

Heather giddy about "getting back to Hollywood" We'll see how that works out. 

Why does Shannon confide in anyone on this show about her relationship with John? Is she really that slow to catch on?  She would be better off just confiding in Archie.

Shannon was heading to the bathroom, and John decided to join her.  I think he didn't want to be at the table without her.  He guessed where the conversation would head. Also, if he was there without Shannon, then she would expect him to recap it all for him.  

49 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Even people with vocal fry?  They might find it charming!

I do a lot of client facing work.  I have a client voice that I use, but I will also adjust more to  them as I learn how they speak.  My friends sometimes comment when I go into client voice in front of them.  It is a trigger that I am deescalating a situation.

• Like 8
18 hours ago, Axie said:

Me too! And I fast-forwarded through parts of this episode. Yawn.

Tamra looked so different in the TH with the blonder, shorter hair. Her face looked like she either had another facelift or they used the Kardashian filter. It's weird because in the same episode in another TH she looked more like herself. 

The clock is probably ticking on Shane and Emily’s marriage. They don’t usually last on this show and the way he speaks to her isn’t very nice. 

Emily was right. He undermined her and was disrespectful in front of the kids. She communicated her point well, but I doubt he will change. This is the Shane we saw in earlier seasons. 

Given Emily's description of her childhood and her problematic relationship with her mother, I'm not surprised she married someone like Shane. It sounds like she had a dysfunctional childhood and she has codependency issues. 

Heather was going for her Emmy tonight with her voice break when talking about moving into the next chapter of their lives. 

What a coinkydink that she’s suddenly become bored with the Dream Mausoleum and wants to move to LA. Double coinkydink that Josh Altman cold-calls her and Terry about the listing. Quelle transparent. (Trying to remember…was this a small Altman subplot of Million Dollar Listing LA last season?)

Here’s to Heather and Terry embarking on the next chapter of their incredible lives…together. 🥂🤮 We’ll see.

I know they've been married a long time, but they have very little chemistry to me. This scene seemed so staged! I didn't believe either of them. 

I also can't figure out where they are getting all the money. I know Terry is a plastic surgeon and they do well, but a $65M house? They travel on private jets and live the life of the uber rich. 

Heather is such a name dropping snob with the Mark Cuban thing and "We paid." I don't know how anyone stands to be around her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 15
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Me too! And I fast-forwarded through parts of this episode. Yawn.

Tamra looked so different in the TH with the blonder, shorter hair. Her face looked like she either had another facelift or they used the Kardashian filter. It's weird because in the same episode in another TH she looked more like herself. 

Emily was right. He undermined her and was disrespectful in front of the kids. She communicated her point well, but I doubt he will change. This is the Shane we saw in earlier seasons. He uses sarcasm and "humor" as a way to get digs in to Emily. 

Given Emily's description of her childhood and her problematic relationship with her mother, I'm not surprised she married someone like Shane. It sounds like she had a dysfunctional childhood and she has codependency issues. 

I know they've been married a long time, but they have very little chemistry to me. This scene seemed so staged! I didn't believe either of them. 

I also can't figure out where they are getting all the money. I know Terry is a plastic surgeon and they do well, but a $65M house? They travel on private jets and live the life of the uber rich. 

Heather is such a name dropping snob with the Mark Cuban thing and "We paid." I don't know how anyone stands to be around her. 

22 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I thought the same thing about Vickie. Their faces look so different in talking heads vs in person and sometimes scene to scene.  So weird. Guess the work didn't settle yet. I also notice when the lighting changes, Tamra ages up or down a decade depending on the lighting. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Does Ryan get his wardrobe at forever douchebag? 

John and Shannon suckin down thier drinks, awkwardly conversing, hoping that buzz kicks in to numb the dull. Followed by them suckin down drinks, awkwardly silent, hoping the blackout kicks in so they can forget the whole evening. 

The Dubrags just had to get that house offer on camera. I'm so sick of thier teary-eyed empty-nester bs. 7 years until the youngest graduates mmmkay??

Sometimes I like Shane, and sometimes his insecure, my wife is out of my little guy league so I'm gonna take a few chunks out of her self-esteem with cruel jokes gets the best of him.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Shannon was heading to the bathroom, and John decided to join her.  I think he didn't want to be at the table without her.  He guessed where the conversation would head. Also, if he was there without Shannon, then she would expect him to recap it all for him.  

Good lord she can't go to the restroom without John "joining her?" Did he join her in the ladies's room?  Crazy this is the 21st century women go to the restroom by themselves all of the time. There is something really off with this realtionship.  I think it was more like she was afraid that something would be brought up to him that she could not control if she weren't there. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1