Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Loose Lips and Relationships

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Didn't Jeff Lewis witness this behavior making a public feud over it for some time?  If I recall correctly, he didn't like how she dealt with service.  The word "mistreatment" can mean lots of things and in this case it was attitude and verbal exchange. 

The lawsuits against Vanderpump, if I am not mistaken, had to do with overtime.  Having lawsuits filed against you doesn't make you guilty.  Wealthy people in business often have lawsuits filed by people seeking opportunity.  However, it is possible she didn't pay overtime I don't know. 

Vanderpump can be criticized for lots of things, but Heather, IMO, has her own brand of arrogance and she uses it for her storyline.  She started this herself and continues to live the label of fancy pants.   Unfortunately I think she may have thought she would be the classy and cultured one to bring that aspect to the show making it funny while instead she just appears ostentatious embracing a class value that is not acceptable to many viewers.  I don't know what she really believes or thinks but she acts like she is better than other people because of her money and I think the point people are making here  is that she should know better because she knows what it means not to have it. 

This is a lawsuits against Lisa Vanderpump, one of the class action lawsuits for not paying proper wages and overtime. There are a good number of lawsuits against the couple. It was settled, and her and her husband had to pay $250,000 to employees.

https://screenrant.com/rhobh-lisa-vanderpump-loses-250k-employee-settlement-lawsuit/

Jeff Lewis has hundreds of feuds with people. He has a feud with almost all of the OC HWs. He is already making amends with Heather. Heather said on Watch What Happens Live that they reconciled.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/jeff-lewis-shares-surprising-update-on-heather-dubrow-feud%3famp

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
18 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Feeling “a little more important” doesn’t preclude showing a little bit of humility. I think that’s the issue that a lot of people have with her.

My "feeling more important" comment was not a positive one. I was trying to provide an explanation.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I think I'm also reacting to Eddie and Tamra's behavior because of a bigger over riding issue that really concerns me with this and all the shows.  It seems that since social media became a huge influential factor in the program,  it appears that cast members try to generate public outrage  trying to enlist online or social media "hate" to potentially influence casting choices.  The scary part about this is that with the amount of mental illness out there one never knows if some sick person will respond and take things too far. ( I saw this on another housewife show as one persons was called "less than human".)  It seems as if Tamra wants to manipulate public opinion   towards Ryan and Jen in this way which I object to.  If I'm wrong and they just don't like her anymore now that they see this side of her, they should just come right out and say it and cut off the friendship.  Instead, Tamra keeps pretending to want a close friendship telling Jen to open up to her. 

I don't disagree with the general concept of your post. But I see pile ons against Tamra, and Heather on social media, sites, blogs, etc. even here, and this is going on for years. I have no idea if this is true about Jenn. I guess we will see what happens on the show. 

• Like 1
On 8/9/2023 at 6:42 AM, ZettaK said:

Heather was never shown, or anything ever was reported on the media about her mistreating people. 

As for Lisa Vanderpump, she was shown on the Beverly Hills HWs treating Rocio, her housekeeper as the help, and her and Ken have multiple lawsuits for not paying proper wages, or owning wages, etc. to restaurant employees.

That's a good point. I think Vanderpump is more likable and charming, but actions speak louder than words. I can't keep up with all the Bravolebrity lawsuits, but I tend to be suspicious of the exceptionally wealthy. They're often screwing over employees, clients, customers, etc. 

The Bravo Docket typically does an episode if there is something to a lawsuit in Bravo world though, and I don't think I've come across one against Lisa/Ken. I could be wrong. I do really like how philanthropic Lisa is, but that doesn't mean she is automatically a generous or even fair employer. 

• Like 1