Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, Rodney said:

Usually less than a week.

Ugh, I miss when it was like 2 weeks before. And I miss the live interviews. But I do prefer the live move ins so we don't miss a whole week of game play.

I'm annoyed also by the episodes all being at 9 this year. Why can't they all be at 8 dammit?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 6
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm annoyed also by the episodes all being at 9 this year. Why can't they all be at 8 dammit?!

THIS.  Plus, if they continue to hold the feeds until after the west coast airing, it's going to be an even later night of adoptable animals.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

My life is rather sad now  -- it is hard to avoid the news when I don't have a reality show to entertain me.  I've had some luck watching seasons of Survivor that I missed in days gonebye. 

Example A showing how bored I am right now.  I'm sitting here watching "Big Brother Family Feud" hosted by Taran Armstrong and Rob Cesternino.   It is kind of fun.   I'm still waiting for July 17 and, more importantly, the weeks that follow when I'll be consumed with rage over a Houseguest or three.   Hisam and Jared, anyone? 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
(edited)

Big Brother House has been revealed along with this season's theme.  

Straight from the Chenbot's mouth:  "We're calling it 'BBAI'"

It sounds like they may have let a computer design the decor.   It is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.  Maybe something good will come out of BB26:   It will singlehandedly set AI back at least a decade.   

https://parade.com/tv/big-brother-26-house-tour-bb-ai

https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/big-brother-season-26-rcna160937

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, Thalia said:

It sounds like they may have let a computer design the decor.   It is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.  Maybe something good will come out of BB26:   It will singlehandedly set AI back at least a decade.   

I agree. That is the ugliest and most uninteresting design I can imagine. Why didn't they just do 'Apocalypse' if they wanted something gross? 

I hope they don't copy last season with the use of 'time travel' and make them act like they're so shocked to have been moved from one place to another. I'm out if that's the case.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Thalia said:

Thank you, ChatGPT.  🙄

• Like 2
12 hours ago, stcroix said:

I agree. That is the ugliest and most uninteresting design I can imagine.

To be honest I never even pay attention to the design of the house, I don't even pay attention to most of the twists. What I want and I need to see are players who know the game, who are there to play not only for them money but to show their strategic skills and strategy that will not be forgotten. No instragram "babes", no meatballs and I'm ok.

• Like 6

Honesty, I think the house looks pretty cool. BUT only if it were some type of future museum or something. I would NOT enjoy living there. All those reflective surfaces and bright lighting...it would make me feel constantly anxious and I would bet it will have the same effect on the houseguests, which obviously can't be good in a house already prone to paranoia. Tile floors in the living room and front bedroom? It is going to be LOUD in that house.

I do think the kitchen layout is just awkward. They've set the barstools so that anyone sitting at the bar is facing away from the kitchen and can't talk to anyone fixing food. That also renders the bar as kind of useless as a prep area.

I think the Have Not room would be the place I'd actually feel most at ease. It looks quiet, and at least it's 'dark' in there, lol.

• Like 5

Oh, bless their hearts - every year TPTB sound so excited about the new design, and it just always looks so damn cheesy. I feel like they time-traveled back to 1987 and bought a bunch of discount Trapper Keepers from the local Caldors to serve as inspiration.

Agreed that the have-not room actually looks the coolest - it's neat, clean, and unambiguously retro.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

I would NOT enjoy living there. All those reflective surfaces and bright lighting...it would make me feel constantly anxious and I would bet it will have the same effect on the houseguests, which obviously can't be good in a house already prone to paranoia.

GOOD point!   I didn't make it clear but while I don't find the decor attractive, the "busy" aspect if the walls and upholstery would be so disorienting.  Particularly during those times they can't get outside for days at a time.  How do you relax in those spaces?   Even the HOH room is too much.

As always, they've managed to out-fugly themselves. All those vines look like every version of Apocalyptic Future from movies and TV-- so, appropriate, I guess. And all the neon grid lines-- never seen that before!! Hackneyed and unoriginal, is that what we have to look forward to from AI?

The fairy room looks like the fairies ate a bunch of azalea bushes and then vomited them up.

I had the same reaction to the backward-facing bar stools. It's like they're encouraging kitchen hostility.  "We shun your cooking!"

Another article with basically the same photos, but a few different angles:

https://deadline.com/gallery/big-brother-season-26-house-photos-bb-ai-cbs/episode-26-0-44/

And then there's this quote (bolding mine):

Big Brother Intelligence, or BB AI, has taken over the house and will challenge the housemates, throwing them twists throughout the season.

So, in other words, Zingbot is in charge of production.

I can't wait. 🙄

• LOL 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, TimWil said:

I can’t help but wonder if the assassination attempt today and its aftermath will affect the BB premiere.

Probably not at all.  The houseguests are in place by now, so that'd mean keeping them waiting longer.  They're in pre-show sequester.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, TimWil said:

I can’t help but wonder if the assassination attempt today and its aftermath will affect the BB premiere.

Why would it?

• Like 2

Wow, the choices are...something. That LR table is god awful. How the hell do you get into the beds in the sci-fi room? Are the have-not beds operating tables? I hate it all. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Wow, the choices are...something. That LR table is god awful. How the hell do you get into the beds in the sci-fi room? Are the have-not beds operating tables? I hate it all. 

Ah, the season has begun!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, Slider said:

Any word on what day we will get the cast reveal? This is getting stupid.

I think people are speculating tomorrow. I believe they did it the Monday before maybe last season.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 7/14/2024 at 10:34 AM, Shrek said:

Why would it?

What I I meant by that was CBS could possibly be airing further coverage re: the shooting, for some reason, in tandem with its coverage of the GOP Convention. Has a BB premiere ever aired the same night as a national Convention? I doubt it.

Edited by TimWil
35 minutes ago, TimWil said:

What I I meant by that was CBS could possibly be airing further coverage re: the shooting, for some reason, in tandem with its coverage of the GOP Convention. Has a BB premiere ever aired the same night as a national Convention? I doubt it.

I could see them preempting BB for a speech if it's from Trump.  If he speaks before the premier night, then I doubt it.

34 minutes ago, cartoqueen said:

Why...did they put all the PoC on one row and the non-PoC on a different row???  

Ok, I guess there's a couple of exceptions, but it still looks mighty sus.

What is more sus is that the two HGs who are wearing eyeglasses are women and they are last in the bottom row. 

So, this sucks. No more archives and flashbacks on the feeds. I hope some tech savvy person can figure something out. Why would they do this? I don’t get it. No way I’m getting Paramount now if I can only watch live it will be on Pluto for free. 

• Sad 3
  • Angry 2

Wait, there's a HG named Quinn Martin? As in "a Quinn Martin Production" - creator of the classic MST3K ep "Code Name: Diamond Head" and Barnaby Jones?!? Yes!!! (And wow, I'm really showing my age...)

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 7/13/2024 at 8:37 PM, TimWil said:

Considering TPTB didn’t even slow stride in the aftermath of 9/11, I strongly doubt it.

• Like 2

Crochet business owner and video store clerk. Didn’t know the first even existed and thought the second was extinct. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sorry about the spoiler tags. Don’t know why they appeared and can’t get rid of them 

Spoiler

(edited)
17 hours ago, TimWil said:

We have 24/7 news channels and, gag me, "social media" for this stuff.  The old, pre-cable networks like CBS don't carry these conventions anymore and haven't in some time.

Besides it is a ratings wasteland.   One group of highly committed partisans will watch the GOP convention on Fox and the other highly committed partisans will watch the Democratic convention on MSNBC or CNN in a few weeks and the majority of the rest of the country will be drunk those weeks and watching BB on CBS instead probably.

And yeah I just saw the link to the photo of the cast mentioned above.  It looks like a "skins game" as in darker skins (top row) vs lighter skins (bottom row).  Really bad lay-out.  BB starting out stupid as usual.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

One is a video store clerk.  There are still video stores?

Well, he looks like he was transported straight from the 1970s, so there’s that. Maybe time travel is one of the twists.

What is this “introduction” bullshit? No likes and dislike? No pet peeves and favorite hobbies? No comparing themselves to housemates past? So I’m supposed to dislike them based solely on photos and job titles? 

Done.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

The 1st impression shorts weren’t bad. This is a decently attractive, fun promising group, so hopefully a fun feeds season🤞I especially liked James Franco at the end but I’m looking forward to all my first impressions and all their plans and strategies being shattered on day 1 and especially y’all cracking me up. Bring on tomorrow!!! 🍿🥂🎉

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

One is a video store clerk.  There are still video stores?

I think there's only one type of video store still in business. This should be interesting. 

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, sara416 said:

I think there's only one type of video store still in business. This should be interesting. 

Is that in your experience? 😂

In all seriousness I doubt very much that there would be a need for that type of video store when you can get it free on the internet. Yes that's in my experience before anyone asks, obviously only for research in answering the burning question of video stores.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

Is someone making a live feeds thread or how does it work these days? 🤔

That thread is probably going to be a wasteland this year. With Paramount rolling back the rewind and archive features, I don't see how it's going to be conceivable to get substantive recaps of what is happening in the house (unless @30 Helens or @peachmangosteen volunteer to forego work, sleep, bathing and personal relationships to become recluses and keep their eyes on the feeds 24/7 to slavishly keep us updated lol). This is feeling like the beginning of the end of the show.

This may be the summer I end up getting a Big Brother divorce. My interest has been waning for a while. I think I made it to zombie week last season (what an absolutely asinine idea), and for the first time in the history of the show, I didn't even bother tuning into the finale. The episodes are so poorly edited, I just don't see the show sustaining my interest without the feeds. Regardless, I've been with the show since season 2 and I have a lot of fond memories, so if this is the end of the road, it's been a great run!

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Shrek said:

Is that in your experience? 😂

In all seriousness I doubt very much that there would be a need for that type of video store when you can get it free on the internet. Yes that's in my experience before anyone asks, obviously only for research in answering the burning question of video stores.

That's why they have all the other merchandise.

• LOL 3

I come back because I heard that BB15's Aaryn dared to not only pop her head up but is friends with one of this year's HGs (and got smacked back down like a Whack-a-Mole game at the PNE) and instead I find that flashbacks and archives are gone? What even is the point if you can't go back to 3:27 AM BBT C3 and obsessively watch to see if that asshole HG really did say a slur or if he asked for a Skittle? How are we supposed to transcribe long-ass conversations without the ability to pause and back it up 30 seconds at least five times to get it right? HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WATCH SOMEONE'S DEMISE IF WE CAN'T REPLAY IT OVER AND OVER THE WAY THE VENGEFUL BIG BROTHER GODS INTENDED.

Maybe I kicked the habit at the right time...

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, Skooma said:

One group of highly committed partisans will watch the GOP convention on Fox and the other highly committed partisans will watch the Democratic convention on MSNBC or CNN in a few weeks and the majority of the rest of the country will be drunk those weeks and watching BB on CBS instead probably.

And soon, many others will be watching THE OLYMPICS. 

• Like 1

Usually, when they do something stupid, I at least get the dumb fuck reason why they do it (usually because they're cheap fucks or because Grodner thinks it will skew things the way she wants), but I've got nothing as to why they're dropping flashback and archive. It sounds absolutely absurd, and devastating to our ability to actually follow the live feeds. 

Baffling.

• Like 2

So there is going to be a 17th HG voted in by the rest. Obviously it’ll be someone we know. Let the disappointment begin. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
41 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

So there is going to be a 17th HG voted in by the rest. Obviously it’ll be someone we know. Let the disappointment begin. 

What do you mean? They have the option to NOT vote them in, so that could totally happe....hahaha, yeah, I couldn't get through that without breaking. So, yep, returning HG, probably with some sort of stupid fucking power to help them get as far as possible.

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

What even is the point if you can't go back to 3:27 AM BBT C3 and obsessively watch to see if that asshole HG really did say a slur or if he asked for a Skittle? How are we supposed to transcribe long-ass conversations without the ability to pause and back it up 30 seconds at least five times to get it right? HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WATCH SOMEONE'S DEMISE IF WE CAN'T REPLAY IT OVER AND OVER THE WAY THE VENGEFUL BIG BROTHER GODS INTENDED.

I think you made the show's point for them. They don't want you to be able to go back and verify something damaging to the show. 

• Like 1

It's really easy to record the streaming, cut videos and put them online. But yeah, it seems there is a reason the producers are doing this after season 11 that they had stopped it. I feel sorry for poor Taran who has to watch at the time but as I said there are programs that can record your screen so you can watch later and cut a video etc. I used to do it a lot.

7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

So, yep, returning HG, probably with some sort of stupid fucking power to help them get as far as possible.

Hey, Paul’s gotta eat too….  😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 2