Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

This topic is for media links and discussion of said media links related to the actual show.

Media links and general discussion regarding contestants go here.

The Have Not room looks like a deli. But there is a POW on the living room wall. Light bulb -- could this be a Back to the Future theme? Otherwise I thought maybe action hero.

That's no surprise and going to happen since the strikes are nowhere close to being over. Even if the strikes ended this month, they wouldn't have material ready to go until late February at minimum, as they basically need to start pre-production, which includes planning the new seasons and writing.

They're most definitely going to need reality shows to fill the gap, so I imagine it'll be less of a BB26 and more like a Big Brother Mini season (probably less time if they're bringing on celebrities).

• Like 1

Yup - I noticed it, too. All I can think is that it's not truly live because that was definitely an edit. An edit that changes nothing in terms of outcome, but should be addressed, because it was so unsubtle I picked it up live and rewound to verify what I'd seen. Multiple times. 

• Like 2

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9022846/big-brother-season-25-live-spoilers/

So what a double standard BB has. We (rightfully) had a houseguest removed for using a racial slur. Now Jared uses a slur referencing those who are developmentally delayed and nothing happens. I guess TPTB don't want their surprise mother/son twist ruined but there should have been some consequence. I am from CT so I was pulling for Jared to win, but I've lost respect especially based on this.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1

Not sure how likely that is. No way production wants to bring back someone like Boogie from BB7, Adam from BB9, or Jackson from BB21. Plus, I’m not sure they’d be even able to find people like BB6 Maggie 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jsm1125 said:

Not sure how likely that is. No way production wants to bring back someone like Boogie from BB7, Adam from BB9, or Jackson from BB21. Plus, I’m not sure they’d be even able to find people like BB6 Maggie 

And they can ask all the winners they want, but will everyone even want to come?

Altho MSN is probably a reliable source, the article comes from Screen Rant.  I've noticed they like to speculate.  I went ahead and posted because it quoted unnamed "CBS Sources."  I agree that it is doubtful 15-16 of these people would want to spend 90 days in the house, given they have their money. 

There are a few fame whores, yes. 

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

First of all, I hate this idea lol. But also, there really aren't even enough winners to accommodate the 50% BIPOC rule. I just don't see it happening.

This.  Half the cast have to meet the "diversity definitions" CBS has in place now.  Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans, ethic background Asians, Indians and Middle Easterners etc. 

The way CBS reality shows were cast in the past -- only a token or two of these people each season -- it was pretty much impossible to have enough winners from this pool of the population at this point.

Now if they want a generic CBS reality shows "winners season" they would have to raid the winner pools from Survivor and The Amazing Race and it would still be hard to get the numbers or find winners from those shows that would want to "step down" into BB's house of endless weeks of boredom with little to do for days on end.

• Like 1

Eh, it's CBS' rule.   If they really want a winners season they can make an exception.   Not arguing for or against but this isn't an FCC mandate; they can raise, lower or ignore the percentages.  Honestly, I think they'd have a hard time filling out a cast of winners period unless it's an abbreviated season along the lines of Celebrity BB.   I don't see them getting 16 of their winners back.   Maybe if they picked from winners and runner ups. 

• Like 1

Cirie's was spot-on and Jared's was funny because it's so WTF, but the rest are pretty impersonal.  In the past few seasons it seems like whoever creates them doesn't really watch the show, they just go off the name or some short bio.  It's a damn crime that Hisam's doesn't have the word "Right" on it anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 10/13/2023 at 7:39 PM, leocadia said:

Cirie's was spot-on and Jared's was funny because it's so WTF, but the rest are pretty impersonal.  In the past few seasons it seems like whoever creates them doesn't really watch the show, they just go off the name or some short bio.  It's a damn crime that Hisam's doesn't have the word "Right" on it anywhere.

I know, Hisam's poster could have at least said: He doesn't know his left from his RIGHT? 

Still lame but at least relevant.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Thalia said:

https://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-26-new-house-rumor/

Is the Big Brother House moving to a new location and a brand new house? 

Even odds Codes shut them down for black mold; personally, I wouldn’t go into those bathrooms without several gallons of bleach and a Level A HAZMAT suit.

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

What does this mean about the ants?  

#TeamAnt will be fine; the commissary is just across the way.

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 6:22 AM, DEL901 said:

I kind of figured that they wouldn't last.

So 2024 has been a tough year for the Renegades.  First, Dan does poorly on The Traitors, and now, Memphis and Christmas are divorcing.

As one of the very few who didn't worship the ground on which either of them walked in BB10, it gives me endless delight to see them suffering.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 3/2/2024 at 8:11 AM, Rodney said:

As one of the very few who didn't worship the ground on which either of them walked in BB10, it gives me endless delight to see them suffering.

We are SO here on this!

Always loathed Memphis since his first BB run and the way he treated David on his second?  Nothing short of racist.

Never liked Christmas either.

• Like 3