Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Head Shots and Thick Plots

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Diabolical that two contestants have “Puppy Love” as a clue. 

And even with that it was guessed wrong. I’ve seen Jada at Dollywood so I knew who she was. But what a twist in interpreting the clue. 
What was Karsyn’s clue? I missed it so if anyone can put it in a spoiler. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

If Jane had picked Hugo I believe she would have been safe.  But she went on a crazy direction with Chris.  She somehow wanted to believe the clue meant Memphis, Tenn.  

• Like 2
(edited)

Maybe I'm just too involved with celebrity gossip, but what a dumb guess on Jayne's part. For one thing, Elvis is famously an only child, with a twin who died at birth. Lisa Marie's only son died a few years ago by suicide, leaving only granddaughters. All of this came up recently when Lisa Marie died.

What possessed her not to go with Shayne? Her exit was one that Dolly could be proud of, though.

I like that they're letting the celebrity relative give a video message. It's a nice addition. Although Tom Hanks didn't bother, heh.

EDIT: Jayne was also the only one in the right age range to pick Chris' relative, who, according to the clue, was popular in the 70s. Shame!

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Like 6

Hound Dog vs. Puppy Love!! That Elvis guess was laugh-out-loud funny!  But now I’m curious, didn’t Jane say something like that clue was her relative’s first record or something like that? So was Dolly’s first record Hound Dog? Or was it Puppy Love?

• Like 1

Shayne was safe after the game earlier in the day.  She had immunity.  Jane/Jada figured out Hugo's information, but chose to go  after Chris instead.  Bad idea.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Grammy6 said:

Shayne was safe after the game earlier in the day.  She had immunity.  Jane/Jada figured out Hugo's information, but chose to go  after Chris instead.  Bad idea.

Whoops, I forgot that. Should have gone for Hugo, then!

1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

And even with that it was guessed wrong. I’ve seen Jada at Dollywood so I knew who she was. But what a twist in interpreting the clue. 
What was Karsyn’s clue? I missed it so if anyone can put it in a spoiler. Thanks in advance. 

It’s different than how I interpreted Chris’ clue, but the way she did actually made some sense. But like someone else posted above, Elvis doesn’t have many relatives. 

I know who Karsyn’s relative is and I was still a bit confused by her clue. Here’s a picture:

https://preview.redd.it/3v0iuca6o8bb1.jpeg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=c543b7646ec984b68734b1196dc90c13e6431259

18 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

know who Karsyn’s relative is and I was still a bit confused by her clue. Here’s a picture:

How I read the clue:  champion racer who records for beer.  So, I know the last part is wrong, but that's how I read it.

Chris's clue did not have Tennessee in it at all. Not even close.

And I'm trying to figure out why fedora = steve Harvey. Does he really "always wear a fedora?" I don't know if she made that up or I just never noticed.

Chris has no chill. His reaction to someone saying puppy love was so obvious and then he goes around a just tells multiple people it was his clue. He’s just lucky that this group is not particularly entertainment savvy. 

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

How I read the clue:  champion racer who records for beer.  So, I know the last part is wrong, but that's how I read it.

I can’t figure out what the two record players would be in that context but the rest and her two truths in and lie makes me think Dale Earnhardt Jr. 

(edited)

I think Budweiser was the sponsor but yeah that clue is crap. I was thinking E who dj’s for ale. It’s just like last week when I know the celebrity but still can’t read the clue. But at least last week, it was translated for me to make sense. Thanks for posting the pic.

I have to give credit to season 2 for getting pretty big celebrities and I also like their inclusion in the show after the reveal. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2

I'm kind of glad Jane is gone. Everyone saw her as a maternal figure who was so intelligent. Or maybe that's how she sees herself.  Just the whole. "I don't know what this clue means, I need to show it to Jane!"  was starting to bug me. 

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I think Budweiser was the sponsor but yeah that clue is crap.

Budweiser was his primary sponsor. Dale Jr is by far the driver I most associated with beer. I was wondering if the two records was supposed to make up an 8. But everything feels like a stretch. 

The other two rebus clues seem really unfair by comparison. 

1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm kind of glad Jane is gone. Everyone saw her as a maternal figure who was so intelligent. Or maybe that's how she sees herself.  Just the whole. "I don't know what this clue means, I need to show it to Jane!"  was starting to bug me. 

Me too. Everyone kept talking about how smart she was she showed herself to be pretty stupid at the game. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Chris's clue did not have Tennessee in it at all. Not even close.

And I'm trying to figure out why fedora = steve Harvey. Does he really "always wear a fedora?" I don't know if she made that up or I just never noticed.

Spoiler

champion racer who drives for beer

56 minutes ago, Dani said:

I can’t figure out what the two record players would be in that context but the rest and her two truths in and lie makes me think Dale Earnhardt Jr. 

I'm pretty sure they are hard drives, not record players.

Is the one that had a head shot with the alien antenna headband and doctor coat related to Katherine Heigl? The head band immediately reminded me of the diner uniforms from the old Roswell and I don't think Shiri or Majandra have been on anything medical.  This is the only episode I've seen, so I don't know anyone's names or any long standing clues.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm pretty sure they are hard drives, not record players.

You’re probably right. That is a horrible clue. Most people are not going to be familiar with in internal mechanics of hard drives.

2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I have never seen him wear a fedora!

Al Roker, however....

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I could not believe that Chris went right to Jane and told her not to worry as the clue was for him.  Why would he do that?  Did they all think Jane was on their side?  Didn't they remember what happened to Travis when he confided in Jane?  Chris should have let Jane stay paranoid-that's when one can best 'use' their competitors.

Karsyn is one to watch out for-she guessed Dolly Parton which I never would have been able to guess.  I would like to know what clues for Dolly were on the clue board.  I could see Jane thinking more of Elvis than Dolly, as Jane is from Tennessee and Elvis wanted to record some of Dolly's songs, so there was probably a stronger connection.  

I thought Hugo was related to Bill Clinton, but those of you who said Jimmy Carter were so right.  Once they highlighted the donkey and peanuts on the clue board I totally got it.  

Still have no idea about most of them.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, dizzyd said:

The clues do not need to be spoiled as they air on the show.

10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yea, Steve Harvey definitely isn't known for fedoras but I can't tell if Karsyn for some reason believes this, she's mixing him up with someone else, or she's purposefully leading people the wrong way.

8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Is the one that had a head shot with the alien antenna headband and doctor coat related to Katherine Heigl? The head band immediately reminded me of the diner uniforms from the old Roswell and I don't think Shiri or Majandra have been on anything medical.  This is the only episode I've seen, so I don't know anyone's names or any long standing clues.

Ah, good thinking. My first thought was Shiri Appleby but I was only focusing on the alien antenna.

This was such a fun episode. This group seems even dumber than the last, which I enjoy lol. My fave part was Chris' immediate and OTT "I was right!" when Jane was revealed as Dolly's relative. Chris, you only knew because Karsyn told you!

• LOL 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

He did back in the 1990s, along with those ill-fitting suits. It's not a bad guess, but also the clue is kind of outdated, since he no longer dresses like that and hasn't for years. Also

Spoiler

I happen to follow some of his kids on instagram, and none of them are on this show.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Useful 2

I wish they would show the eliminated contestant's wall clues, so we can eliminate those for other guesses. I'm guessing the wigs and the time clock were for Jane, but don't remember anything else. The camera moves too quickly for my old, slow eyes.

• Like 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I also wonder if she was mixing up Steve Harvey with the late Bernie Mac, who was more known for his fedoras.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Like 1

Google tells me that Steve Harvey does indeed have a line of fedora. Or at least, his name is attached to a line of men's hats.  Weird, though, that any of the contestants on this show would know that. Except what was said was that S.H. always wears fedora, which is different.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The clues do not need to be spoiled as they air on the show.

Yea, Steve Harvey definitely isn't known for fedoras but I can't tell if Karsyn for some reason believes this, she's mixing him up with someone else, or she's purposefully leading people the wrong way.

Ah, good thinking. My first thought was Shiri Appleby but I was only focusing on the alien antenna.

This was such a fun episode. This group seems even dumber than the last, which I enjoy lol. My fave part was Chris' immediate and OTT "I was right!" when Jane was revealed as Dolly's relative. Chris, you only knew because Karsyn told you!

I didn't actually notice the medical coat until someone on the show said doctor or medical or something of that nature because I was so focused on the antennae, and I'm not even sure that it was a medical coat, I'm taking the contestants' word for it, which is probably dumb.  Also, I just realized that on the new Roswell Liz was a scientist or a doctor, so maybe it is that actress, but I don't think the diner uniform hats were the same on the new one.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Karsyn is one to watch out for-she guessed Dolly Parton which I never would have been able to guess. 

At first I thought Karsyn was going to be my new Pepper: fun and cute but also kind of haplessly being dragged along. But maybe not! Karsyn seems to have her head more in the game than Pepper ever did, as much as I loved her.

8 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I also wonder if she was mixing up Steve Harvey with the late Bernie Mac, who was more known for his fedoras.

I though the same things. 

6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I didn't actually notice the medical coat until someone on the show said doctor or medical or something of that nature because I was so focused on the antennae, and I'm not even sure that it was a medical coat, I'm taking the contestants' word for it, which is probably dumb. 

It was a Red Cross that made one of them say hospital. 

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

TMy fave part was Chris' immediate and OTT "I was right!" when Jane was revealed as Dolly's relative. Chris, you only knew because Karsyn told you!

He actually said "We were right."  I backed it up and listened again, but yeah, I know what you mean, lol.

Just finished watching this week's episode, so I'm late to the party.  I thought sure Chris was going home, according to the previews---but that's how they trick ya.  

Glad to see Chris made it through the week.  He may make it all the way since Jane was the only one who would have been familiar with his dad.  

Not sorry to see Jane go.  She was getting a little too pompous for my taste.  That said, her goodbye speech was heartwarming and gracious, especially compared to Tom Hanks' niece.

• Like 7

Known (via Google):

Hugo: Grandfather, Athlete, Nobel Peace Prize --

Spoiler

Jimmy Carter

Shayne: Father, Musician, Grammy --

Spoiler

Eddie Murphy

Karsyn: *Uncle, Musician, *Some kind of Hall of Fame -- (thanks to yourmomiseasy for deciphering the hard drives

The Clue is Champion [Eraser - E] ((??) ) Drives 4 Beer

Spoiler

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Suspected:

Chris: *Father, *Singer, Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame -- Donny Osmond

Unknown:

Gabriel: Brother, *Athlete, NAACP Award

Monay: Father, Athlete, Emmy 

J.R. Brother, *Singer, *NBA Championship Ring

Cole: Father, *Singer, *Grammy

Olivia: *Brother, Razzie Award (could not find the occupation)

Out:
Carly -- Tom Hanks

Travis -- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Jane -- Dolly Parton

[[Jane's altered head-shot showed an orchid (for a club where Dolly played), a blue-collar (9 to 5, but also because she sings about blue-collar workers) and a parrot -- Dolly has several parrots and cockatoos]]

• Like 2
On 7/10/2023 at 11:18 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

And to add on to that guess, wasn't Katherine Heigl in that New Year's Eve movie, hence the NYE glasses on the headshot? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is Olivia the one who said her relative won a Razzie? If so, has Katherine Heigl won a Razzie? 

Yes and she’s been nominated but never won. 

Olivia also said brother and tv personality. No matter which one is the lie, all of my guesses would be wrong. 

It seems weird to me that they'd use 

Spoiler

Jenny as her relative and not go with Melissa for the bigger name, unless there's some limit on what kind of relationship they can have to the star, and a parent's cousin isn't in that limit. 

• Like 1
On 7/10/2023 at 9:51 PM, tinkerbell said:

I read: champion racer 88 (those were 8 tracks, I believe) for beer.

2 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

I read: champion racer 88 (those were 8 tracks, I believe) for beer.

I think yourmomiseasy was right and they're supposed to be hard drives (drives). 8 track players don't have the arm like a hard drive does. I think they could have come up with a better image for drive, but maybe they wanted to make it harder. It's pretty basic otherwise.

• Like 1

I think Jane thought Tennessee with the t-shirt (T), the “N” and the eye.  Tee -n-see and extrapolated it out.

then used the doll and the door with the “n” arrow to be fools rush in.  I have no idea how she figured the doll meant “fool”

the dog was “hound dog” and the heart for love.  So hound dog loves Tennessee .

Chris said “puppy love” but maybe Jane thought he was trying to throw her off. Though then why he would say anything at all ?

I never would have gotten Dolly Parton with those clues.  

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Hanahope said:

then used the doll and the door with the “n” arrow to be fools rush in.  I have no idea how she figured the doll meant “fool”

I could be wrong, but I thought the doll, which looked like a Russian nesting doll, is where she got “rush in” from. I don’t know where she got fool from though. 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I think yourmomiseasy was right and they're supposed to be hard drives (drives). 8 track players don't have the arm like a hard drive does. I think they could have come up with a better image for drive, but maybe they wanted to make it harder. It's pretty basic otherwise.

Okay. You're right. I asked my mom what an 8 track was. I was way off. lol. Those were a bit before my time.

• LOL 1

This game is weirdly skewed in favor of an older contestant who has kept up with current pop culture. It's not that Jane was necessarily smarter but that she was old enough to remember people from the 80s, let alone the 70s, and the younger contestants needed that resource (for a while, anyway). Last season - who was going have a clue about DEAN MARTIN?  I suppose if I were cast I could cram by reading all the current entertainment mags to figure out who's who, but somebody under 30 isn't going to have many resources for celebrities who peaked 20 yrs before they were born. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In Karsyn's clue, where y'all are seeing "champion" I'm seeing "cup"--a picture of a loving cup.  And NASCAR is called the Cup Series.

Trophy = Champion

If they’re a Cup Series driver is works either way. 

5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In Karsyn's clue, where y'all are seeing "champion" I'm seeing "cup"--a picture of a loving cup.  And NASCAR is called the Cup Series.

Oh yeah, good catch. Cup driver is more accurate than champion. Dale Earnhardt jr was wildly popular and a great driver but he never won the cup championship.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Oh yeah, good catch. Cup driver is more accurate than champion. Dale Earnhardt jr was wildly popular and a great driver but he never won the cup championship.

If it means Champion though, it would just be Champion Driver, which Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr both are. Dale Jr has won 2 Xfinity series championships. But I doubt any of the contestants even know what any of the NASCAR series are called. Also, Champion could be used in just the broad sense of the word, and could simply mean winner of a race.

• Like 3