Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse should be mentioned in the same breath as Black Panther and Crazy Rich Asians.  Having a Black/Latino Spider-Man is truly a high point for representation.  And a female.  And a young Asian girl.  Amazing movie and not just from the animation viewpoint.

And a pig. Shout out to my porcine brothers and sisters.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PepSinger said:

Jamie: What do directors do?

Ben: Directors tell actors what to do.

Jamie: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Any actor will totally get Jamie's response.

Oh, even a few NON-actors get it, trust me!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Bill1978 said:

Really loving Sandra Oh. My opinion has always been clouded by her grumpy sad sack character from Grey's. Who knew she was actually fun? Probably every one but me.

She was hilarious on Greys. Had some of the snarkiest one liners.

• Love 12
Just now, Bill1978 said:

Really loving Sandra Oh. My opinion has always been clouded by her grumpy sad sack character from Grey's. Who knew she was actually fun? Probably every one but me.

I think I would have preferred to see her host as Yang. I too always thought she was like that in real life, and I'm a bit disappointed to see her all perky and bubbly.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

She was hilarious in The Princess Diaries. 

• Love 2
Just now, wallflower75 said:

Hey wait wait wait--what got bleeped there?

I'm going to guess he said she's so nice she makes Tom Hanks look like an asshole.  Or something like that.

• Love 2
Just now, Sugar said:

OMG, Carlot Burnett looking all tear-eyed and verklempt has me sobbing in my shitty armchair. 

Me too.  Some of my greatest childhood memories are trying to stay awake till 10 pm to watch her show with my mom  She looks FABULOUS!!!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Cupcake04 said:

Me too.  Some of my greatest childhood memories are trying to stay awake till 10 pm to watch her show with my mom  She looks FABULOUS!!!

Saturday nights!  I believe it was right after All in the Family.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I will never not laugh at the curtain rods!

I have never seen that moment and burst out loud with the punchline.  Also happy they included a clip from her time on Glee.

• Love 10

I moved to Canada from Poland when I was 5, and I used to watch re-runs of the Carol Burnett show when I first got here. I couldn't speak English and didn't understand anything, but you really didn't need to - Carol was hilarious. I'm so happy for her, and she looks fantastic.

• Love 19

LOVE Carol Burnett!  ❤️❤️❤️❤️

So many great memories of watching her variety show years ago.  

Tim cracking up Harvey always cracked me up.

Thank you, Carol!

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 12

Hey, First Man won something!  I'm just happy for it seems like its the "Former Frontrunner Turned Likely Shut Out at all the Main Awards*" film of 2018.

* Baring a Claire Foy nomination.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

Taylor Swift. Urgh. And she is presenting the two awards I care the most about during Awards season

I was hoping Marc Shaiman would win Best Score. I love how orchestral and old school it all is.

Shallow wins. Yawn. Next!!

• Love 1
Just now, mojoween said:

Um, Taylor, when Idris Elba says you look nice (and he was lying by the way, that dress is awful) the polite thing to say is “thank you Idris and may I say that you are smoking hot and I should send my agent a big fat check in thanks for allowing me to present with you”.

On another thread, people are calling him out for objectifying her, but I think it showed remarkable restraint on her part to not objectify the SHIT out of him. I mean, I pretty much dry humped my computer screen the second he came out, so I guess I'm guilty as well.....

• Love 14