Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't love Deadpool like I thought I would, but it being along all of these other films does amuse me.

Wait, Claire Foy is the lead of The Crown!  I remember her from a silly pirate show called Crossbones, with John Malkovich as Blackbeard.  Really need to check out that show!

Bummed Evan Rachel Wood didn't get it though.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I love Ryan Reynold's personality. And yes, he's my pick in the battle of the Ryans.

His trolling/bromance with Hugh Jackman HAS to lead to a Deadpool/Wolverine movie.  They can be shirtless for 2 hours, so we all win. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, againstthewind said:

Yes! I don't see what's so revolutionary about a movie with pretty white hipsters singing (relatively poorly, by Hollywood standards) about the entertainment capital of the world. I. Don't. Get. It.

Boo on Sterling K Brown not winning for OJ.

Hollywood people LOVE movies about Hollywood and actors/stardom. They always win tons of awards. I know the Golden Globes are voted on by the Hollywood Foreign Press, but I guess the same rule applies.

How have I never heard of half these TV shows? I watch a ton of TV, I don't see how I could fit more in my schedule.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, againstthewind said:

Me too. And Pine is my pick for the battle of the Chrises. And Matt Bomer is my pick in the battle for anything else.

I'd stick Bomer between Michael Vartan and Liam Hemsworth as hunks I unabashedly drool over the most. Also, I'd literally stick him between the middle of them as well, that would be deliciously yummy. And Bomer would enjoy the man eye candy as well :D

• Love 2

I am so glad The Crown won for best drama series. I would have been fine with Game of Thrones or even This is us. I was worried Stranger Things would win, which is a series I thought I would have loved but was disappointed in it. Yes I am the only person who did not love Stranger Things.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am so glad The Crown won for best drama series. I would have been fine with Game of Thrones or even This is us. I was worried Stranger Things would win, which is a series I thought I would have loved but was disappointed in it. Yes I am the only person who did not love Stranger Things.

No not the only one.  I watched 2 episodes and had it.  I watched the end of final episode to see how  it ended.  Loved the Crown and GOT.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Negritude said:

Winona Ryder was nominated? I thought she was terrible. Eleven gave the most standout performance in that series by far (and Barb). 

I thought Caleb McLaughlin was great. His "lay off of Lando" scene was very good, I thought. 

• Love 1

Oh the French Lieutenant's Woman!  How long ago was that!!   I just love Meryl's body of work, with my fave being Julia Child I think.  But seeing all those clips reminds me just how many great roles she's played and how many of her films I've enjoyed.

Edited by DHDancer
  • Love 5

I'm pretty sure the only Meryl movies I've ever seen are "The Devil Wears Prada" and that one where Julia Roberts was her daughter.  I think I might have seen "Doubt" too.

I'm not a very good movie fan.  I watch a lot of blockbusters and sequels though!

• Love 4