Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

There wasn't any background noise at all when Al Roker was interviewing Mel Gibson on NBC. I don't recall that with his other interviews tonight. Anyone else notice that?

SJP's sleeves ruined the dress.

I don't think Nicole Kidman liked her dress, judging from the way she had her arm across it when being interviewed in NBC.

• Love 1

All the talk on the NBC pre-show about how we cannot miss Jimmy Fallon's opening number just makes me think it is going to be as awful as pretty much everything Fallon does. 

Edited to add

Well, Fallon doesn't disappoint. That was as overblown, pointless and awful as one would expect. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 6

I like Jimmy Fallon, not so much his award show hosting though. I loved Rami Malek and Kit Harrington in the opening already. I also liked Tina Fey and Justin Timberlake as well.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

Well, it's a good thing I just caught La La Land, or I might have not gotten over half of the references.

The Kit part was my favorite, although I was highly amused over Evan Rachel Wood dressed as Dolorous for her bit.

Ah, a Barb reference too!

• Love 1

I wish they'd do the best supporting awards closer to best actor awards....  I think it's a bit "off" to use it as a show opener.

....oh I guess they do.... I thought best actor was much later or is that the oscars? nm...

Edited by DHDancer

I can see that Jimmy's monologue is going to be polarizing.  My left-leaning heart laughed in all the places it was supposed to.

The first award goes to a guy I have never heard of for a movie I do not know.  I need to get out more.

• Love 11

I should have known not to think that maybe, just maybe The Americans would get some love this year. 

Billy Bob has my eternal love for the Van Johnson joke. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Indigo Luna said:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan...heart. eyes. 

He looked good but I can't get over that awful storyline with Dead Denny in Grey's Anatomy.  He looked so greasy in that role, and I never understood the immediate attraction between him and the blonde doc.  lol. Yes, I should be over it by now!

• Love 2
Just now, Thumper said:

He looked good but I can't get over that awful storyline with Dead Denny in Grey's Anatomy.  He looked so greasy in that role, and I never understood the immediate attraction between him and the blonde doc.  lol. Yes, I should be over it by now!

Hee! That is why I quit Grey's. That storyline was awful especially the ghost sex that accompanied it!

• Love 1