Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Vets said everything is ok--Utopians need to decide over the next few weeks if they want to sell only the calf--in which case they would keep the mother and calf separated OR to sell both together--in chich case they can keep the two together.  All of you will LOVE Aaron's attempt at bovine compassion when he said this to the vets;  "A lot of people want to sell the cow and calf together--not so much as a cow thing but as a mother-daughter thing!"  I would love to have seen a close up of the vet's faces at that point!

Sell Baby Girl Cash?  To whom?  A veal farm where she's chained in a box for her short life and, fed only liquids so she's super tender when slaughtered?  I absolutely do not care if this is normal dairy farm procedure.  I do not want to see, and will not continue to pay to see animal abuse and neglect.  Animal farmers are desensitized to animal suffering - I am not, nor do I wish to be.  The description of mama wanting baby, baby wanting mama, and Betsy trying to protect Honey is killing me.  I keep flashing to Dumbo being nestled in his chained up mama's trunk (while the lullaby Baby Mine plays), and a tear slowly drips down his trunk.  I would post a link, but I have no idea how to do it.

I cannot understand for the life of me, comprehend the things that Bri says. (I mean I do understand, because she is seriously so screwed up, but to have no self-awareness or regulation at all, she is just the absolute worst). In my professional opinion, she is a narcissist with sociopathic tendencies. Whoever said that she would be the type of mom who would harm her own child to get attention, is so totally on my wave length (factitious disorder-formerly Munchausen's). The things that she has said about Bella is just unreal. If people actually KNEW what was being said, these things are threats of assault. 

I am glad to hear that the vets WATCH. These idiots never learn. Red has redeemed himself in my eyes. I will vote my fingers into nubs to get rid of Bri or Mike. 

Bri is obviously something.  She simply has no empathy, and that's something we learn in childhood.  She doesn't seem to have any sexual boundaries, which implies (to me), some sort of past abuse.  At this point, I really don't care about this little psycho.  I want her the fuck off my screen.

Regarding voting - I voted today.  Unlike Big Brother, I think we can only vote once.  I went back in to look, and it stated I had already voted.

Rob has seriously disappointed me.  I disliked him immediately when he labeled himself a patriot.  He went on to show a great work ethic, and tolerance for a lot of the drama.  He's now lost his shine.  His crazy is starting to show.  He was bragging about his large gun collection.  Some of the things he said - unfortunately, he's not been able to use one of his guns in a moment of anger.  Also, when asked if he's ever killed someone, he answered "No, not yet".  In my opinion, one reason for the change is increasing time spent with what Jokers calls The Cook Kids Club (Mike, Dede, Hex, Taylor, Bri, Chris).

• Love 6
The description of mama wanting baby, baby wanting mama, and Betsy trying to protect Honey is killing me.  I keep flashing to Dumbo being nestled in his chained up mama's trunk (while the lullaby Baby Mine plays), and a tear slowly drips down his trunk.

That image just makes me hurt inside.  

I think we can only vote once.

Given the size of the show's audience, this should make tabulating the votes very easy, even if done manually.

• Love 2

The reason Utopia is tanking is because they show they promoted and the show they cast are not the same show. I can only assume that someone in Fox jilted someone on the Utopia team at some point.

• Love 10

I'm fairly certain that most of these "Utopians" think this show will either become or be a stepping stone to another Jersey Shore, The Hills or some other stupid show to make them famous.  Mike is the epitome of a lazy sloth and IF he really is a lawyer (meaning he passed the Bar and has actually practiced), then in a few years he'll be chasing ambulances and spying on adulterous husbands from the confines of his cheap, walk-up, two-bit office while sitting in front of his desk fan dreaming of the good 'ol days in Utopia.

• Love 8

I'm fairly certain that most of these "Utopians" think this show will either become or be a stepping stone to another Jersey Shore, The Hills or some other stupid show to make them famous.

It's going to be so funny when they realize nearly nobody watched. Except for the mentally unstable. That's never funny. The famewhores I'll mock.

• Love 6

It's going to be so funny when they realize nearly nobody watched. Except for the mentally unstable. That's never funny. The famewhores I'll mock.

Hey, I know we're all kinda quirky around here, and it's fair to question our sanity for willingly keeping up with this dreck... but that's still uncalled for! :)

• Love 7

Hey, I know we're all kinda quirky around here, and it's fair to question our sanity for willingly keeping up with this dreck... but that's still uncalled for! :)

I really wasn't calling out anybody in this forum except maybe me, and I'm really sorry if it accidentally came off that way. I think you're making a funny, but I need to be sorry to anyone who took it personally because I'm only talking about show people and some tragically need to get help folks on the tv machine. I'm in here too. I can't judge.

• Love 2

I really wasn't calling out anybody in this forum except maybe me, and I'm really sorry if it accidentally came off that way. I think you're making a funny, but I need to be sorry to anyone who took it personally because I'm only talking about show people and some tragically need to get help folks on the tv machine. I'm in here too. I can't judge.

No worries, I knew what you meant and I imagine we all did.  I was making a funny about how you worded it, for comic relief. Because we all have to be a little nuts to put up 17 pages and counting about a soon-to-be-forgotten failed TV show.

• Love 6

Can't hope for a lightning strike in SoCal because of wildfires. Can I interest you in a plague or penile rot? Maybe something in the way of scabies if you are the well mannered sort who wouldn't wish a severe hardship on another.

• Love 7
It's going to be so funny when they realize nearly nobody watched. Except for the mentally unstable.

Hey, I've been called worse.  ;)

Chris came up to where Rob and Bri were talking on the wide steps/porch and picked her up an intentionally flashed her bare bottom, as long as he could manage to do so, at Rob (and the cameras). Then he turned her around and lifted the front of her dress for the frontal view, which Bri managed to stop quickly as she laughed.... there is such a thing as some minimum of self respect and boundaries.

Something basic was missed by whoever raised her if she doesn't know this.  And while physical violence isn't usually the answer, a sharp slap in the face might be a better response to Chris for that kind of behavior than a giggle.  Like my grandmother would say, if you don't respect yourself, you can't expect anyone else to.

Can I interest you in a plague or penile rot?

Yes please. I want to order one of those.  Deliver it to Utopia, care of Mike, Chris, Taylor, and Rob.  Thanks ever so.

I'll pick up the tab to have one delivered to Aaron, as well.  

ETA:  That calf gets cuter by the minute.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 3

Is the calf separated from the cows for her safety?  Betsy is just bellowing and she sounds so distressed.  That can't be good for her.  And the times when Cash gets her head up close enough for Betsy to touch her - oh Lord, here it comes again.  This time I'm seeing Babe's mom taken away and the piglet feeder taking her place.  Babe is the only piglet to notice.  "Goodbye", he says in his little squeaky voice.

• Love 5

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I read on another site that it looks like the Utopians are leaning towards evicting Red, though Bri and Bella look to be tied for second. The site shows Bri, Hex, Kristen, Mike, Nikki and Rob voting for Red. Aaron, Josh and Taylor are said to be voting for Bri to leave, Amanda was initially going to vote for Bri but has switched to wanting Bella out. Chris and Red are also going to vote for Bella. They couldn't determine who Ernesto and Dedeker were going to vote for.

I cast my vote on the Utopia site for Bri to go home. As I've said before, she appears to be a sociopath with some weird Munchausen's by Proxy thing going on with the animals. Anyone who can be so intentionally negligent/cruel to animals just isn't a good person. She's flat out stated that she's been told to do some things a certain way, feed the animals a certain amount, etc. and then just blatantly disregards instructions given to her by experts. The fact that what she does is deliberate is what makes her behavior the most disgusting and deplorable.

I go back on forth on liking/disliking Red based on some of his behavior, but at least he has always been kind to the animals and has helped take care of them and tried to push the others to do the right thing for them as well.

Mike is completely useless. He's ridiculously lazy and other than very poorly trying to keep the ledger, embezzling, and screwing Dede he hasn't done anything. I have no idea how this dumbass could have made it through law school. The same can be said for Chris regarding laziness, though he isn't even doing a shitty job managing the ledger - Oh, and he's screwing Sociopath Bri rather than Dede. Chris had better hope that he and Bri get kicked out pretty far apart from one another. It would be best if he went before her so he could change his name and move as I have a feeling Bri is going to think that their relationship is quite real and will want to continue it beyond Stutopia.  I definitely want her out with this first vote, however, so screw Chris - it would serve him right to have to deal with her crazy once this whole ridiculous travesty of a "social experiment" is over.

Bri was making such a fuss about Production not giving her an IUD on like day 2 or 3 when she first started screwing Chris  and I'm still kind of flabbergasted that she wanted an IUD rather than just a box of condoms as at least those can also help protect against STDs. Guess she doesn't care where Chris has been. Given that he was more than willing to hop into the sack with her sans condom on day one or two, she should have been a bit more concerned. I just hope that these two never procreate together - accidentally or otherwise.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 7

Bella got up at midnight, grabbed a knife and went outside.  Chris was on the dock playing his guitar.  Bella stared into the night, kept looking around and eventually walked down to the barn.  Minutes later she comes back out of the barn and goes back to the house.  Just before she walks inside she hides the knife.  The door creaks as it opens, causing Bri to look away from the computer and over at Bella.  Bella acts fine, puts knife back after Bri goes back to her work.  It was all very creepy and had a 'scary movie' vibe.

After having a bit of fun with that whole scenario, I think Bella was checking on the baby calf.  The vet had mentioned that a small calf like that would be easy for the local predators to get to if not protected.  The calf is fine, she's seen frequently on the live feeds.  She's asleep and the two other cows are in the barn with her, although the calf is being kept in a pen made of hay bales.  Every two hours someone will have to go to the barn and feed the calf, but with cameras on her and two motherly adult cows nearby, she should be fine. 

I just hope she doesn't get out, because Betsy seems to think she's as much the calf's mother as Honey is.  I'd hate for the baby to get injured if the cows starting fighting over her.

• Love 6

That was very strange with Bella and the knife last night.  After she went back to bed, Bri went out to the dock to sprawl all over Chris, who was visibly irritated with her disturbing his zen guitar playing.  He told her he just wanted to "chill out," she asked what was wrong and Chris said "nothing, I just want to chill, ok?"  So Bri stomped off to lay in the grass and smoke a cigarette while Chris continued to play.  Eventually Bri started writing in her book (journal? diary?) while Chris was playing his guitar in the distance.  After about 30-40 minutes, Chris went inside the house, ignoring Bri.  She eventually followed but went over to Nikki and Hex's corner to sleep with them (at least that who the chats said it was, I couldn't tell because it was dark).  Bri was supposed to be up at 4 am this morning to feed the calf, but of course she didn't.  Not to fear, Red was there bright and early to feed the new baby her bottle.  I guess if Red is voted off, the poor calf will be on her own for breakfast unless she gets accustomed to eating her first meal at noon. 

• Love 4

I've decided the problem is that we can only vote out people.  We need to be able to vote out the animals and get them to safety.  The Utopians can deal with each other any way they want then.  Too bad Jon Kroll won't be open to that idea.

In addition to voting someone "out" I would love the ability to "save" someone just to see these dopes freak out when they can't get rid of Red or Josh.

• Love 8

I have been reading here and at Joker's to keep up with the feeds and I have to wonder, if they vote out Red, what will happen to the animals? None of these people are going to take care of them like he is. I seriously want Bri, Chris or Mike gone. Chris, especially after what he did to Bri, but Bri first preferably. I think that if we were rid of her, the dynamic might change a lot.  I am also wondering if Mike has considered trying to sell Amanda's baby and about the "naming" rights? I wonder if he has already thought about how much he could get for an infant? I wouldn't put it past him. He is such a pig, along with Chris AND Bri. And Aaron. AND Taylor. I never thought that I would get to the day that Red is on the top of my like list with Bella a second (completely out of pity-she should NOT be on this show due to her seeming mental lability). 

• Love 5

I just hope that these two never procreate together - accidentally or otherwise.

Bri is a filthy ho. At least she's fun to rag on.

I kind of hope Chris knocks Bri up so the two of them are stuck with one another.  They deserve each other. Granted, I wouldn't wish that fate upon any child but I think that scenario would be hilarious considering how Chris is probably regretting his decision to ever hookup with Bri in the first place by now. At least it would make the show marginally interesting. 

• Love 2

I agree with what you say about Red, corgi. This morning was a great example - he wanted to voice his opinions on whether the group should order tools or not, but that's not supposed to be his role. His role is to decide whether or not to be part of what they decide - after they decide it. Honestly, that aspect of his separation seems workable, if Red could stand not always having his say about everything.

Yet if Red is in charge of the barn and the care of the cows/chickens, shouldn't he have the ability to voice his concerns if the rest of the group makes a decision that could negatively impact his ability to care for the animals?  In this case, spending all the money for tools when a calf is due to be born soon?  and what do they need the tools for, to make a more "comfortable" living space?  If that's the case, they should wait until they have a steady income - luxury items (i.e. a new building) should wait until they can afford it.

• Love 5

They're washing cast iron in soap? Even I know that's a bad idea and I only have one pan of it for cornbread (don't judge me; it's really yummy and my one single purpose kitchen instrument). Is he really a chef? I did get taught by a well meaning great grandmother, but this seems like basic just google it stuff.

Also, I think I'm team Red now. It feels weird, but I think he might be the only person here who passes the decent human test. He also does not hate puppies, so that's a bar hurdled. It's low, but I'm not over that one.

• Love 6

Cooking sauces in cast iron, hmmmn

Better not be anything with tomatoes.

You don't need to be a chef to know you don't wash cast iron with soap and water. He's no chef and if he went to cooking school I'll be gobsmacked!

Edited by kaygeeret
  • Love 9

and what do they need the tools for, to make a more "comfortable" living space?

The tools are multi-purpose, in that they can also be used for things like building beds or whatever they're planning to do for their living space, but the main stated purpose was to build a workshop. Why a workshop? They say so that they can get Chris started on glassblowing. Presumably, though, they could also move their tools there and quit spewing sawdust all over their kitchen and having power tool noise in their living area all day.

I agree that now that Red is in charge of the animals, it changes things a bit. But only a bit - if they know the amount of money required to keep the animals fed and in hay, or whatever, then that becomes part of their budget (this is not different from in the past, at least since they were told they had to keep the cows). Even though the animal care is Red's responsibility, I don't think he should get any more say in the fate of the calf (to sell or not) under his negotiated arrangement. He said he was willing to contribute to the group with work and such, but not be part of their majority rules financial decisions.

Is a puppy really that hard? I've managed it multiple times while holding down jobs, grad school, and life in the real world. I don't think these people should have one given their cow history, but it being work seems extremely lazy. It's a puppy. They could charge to play with it and probably make money on the deal.

• Love 1

Bri is a filthy ho. At least she's fun to rag on.

I kind of hope Chris knocks Bri up so the two of them are stuck with one another.  They deserve each other. Granted, I wouldn't wish that fate upon any child but I think that scenario would be hilarious considering how Chris is probably regretting his decision to ever hookup with Bri in the first place by now. At least it would make the show marginally interesting. 

It takes two to tango. Chris is as guilty as Bri in this little sexual thing they have going on. If Bri is a "filthy ho" then so is Chris. Showing people her ass and her vagina is disgusting. Shame on him for doing it, shame on her for allowing him to. If Bri wants to wander around nude like some of the Utopians, that is her business but having another person display you in any manner is wrong.

Chris is a grown ass man. If he regrets his decision to get together with Bri, he can stop having sex with her. If that is what he wants, he needs to be a grown up and say so. Flaunting her body parts to people and the camera is not being an adult.

Bri is young and stupid. She is irresponsible and awful at her assigned job. She is cruel to the animals and that is flat out wrong. I don't share her attitude regarding casual sex or how she is treated or treats her self. I would say she is an entitled bitch who acts like a teenager and is used to getting her way. She doesn't like it when people call her on her bullshit. I don't like her.

But I don't think she is a filthy ho and I strongly dislike language like that because it tends to be targeted at the woman and is disparaging and it ignores that the fact that there is another person involved. Whether it is casual sex or overly sexual behavior in an environment like this or a prostitute on the street corner, it takes two people and the other person is a willing participant.

• Love 14

Ah, yes. Rob, the "patriot" who hates the very thing that his country was founded upon, that a war with the British was fought to establish. That the Stars and Stripes represent. Nice job.

He's a Libertarian, so his ideals fall more in line with state's rights than a federal government system, which not to nitpick your logic here but is exactly what this country was founded on. I'm not a Libertarian by any means and I think a lot of their ideas are pretty out there, but many do consider themselves "patriots" because they take a lot of their ideals from the founding fathers instead of what we've morphed into today.

• Love 5

The reason Utopia is tanking is because they show they promoted and the show they cast are not the same show. I can only assume that someone in Fox jilted someone on the Utopia team at some point.

Absolutely. This is not the show they said it was. You don't start a utopian society with internet purchasing of food and social media invitations to pay for tours, let alone forming popular cliques to vote off those not cool enough.

• Love 8

I managed a puppy while holding down a full time job too. But I don't ever want to do it again. It's a personal thing. It doesn't determine one's worth as a human being. 

Yeah, it was hard. They have plenty of people and seem to get tired after 15 minutes of "work", but it's not like that's the only issue there. She can be horrible for other reasons.

• Love 1
Because the cast iron is getting all rusty and he can't make fine sauces in them and stuff.

It was already obvious that he isn't actually a chef, but now i suspect that he wasn't even a dishwasher.  Cast iron can last for years when taken care of properly.  These guys have been there for a month and the cast iron is getting rusty?  (I don't want to think about what fine sauces he may be making in them, but I suspect they require equal parts ketchup, mustard and mayo.)

Right now the only person I really like is Red.  I am a left progressive from an urban blue state who is fed up to death with red politics and hate redneck TV and anything to do with it. Yet out of this bunch Red is my guy, major faults and all.

Maybe one of the inadvertent positive things about this show is that it will show how people all across the political spectrum have both good and bad qualities, and all are more tolerable than sociopathic twenty-somethings with dreams of reality-show fame.  

Bri was supposed to be up at 4 am this morning to feed the calf, but of course she didn't.  Not to fear, Red was there bright and early to feed the new baby her bottle.  I guess if Red is voted off, the poor calf will be on her own for breakfast unless she gets accustomed to eating her first meal at noon.

I'm starting to wonder why the rest of the topes are even trying to schedule morning activities for Bri.  They must know by now that it won't get done that way.  Just schedule the morning stuff for someone more responsible so the animals don't suffer, and schedule Bri for stuff later in the day until they can get rid of her completely.  Which hopefully will happen any day now.

Even though the animal care is Red's responsibility, I don't think he should get any more say in the fate of the calf (to sell or not) under his negotiated arrangement. He said he was willing to contribute to the group with work and such, but not be part of their majority rules financial decisions.

I would think he should still have a say, since the presence of the calf impacts the amount of work he's required to do.  I don't know the particulars of what he negotiated, but I was under the impression that he took out his share of the cash - but it's not like he withdrew his share of the rest of the start-up provisions, did he?  So wouldn't he still have the right to a share of the people barn, the chickens/eggs, the cows and milk, etc?  Or did he negotiate to withdraw his share of all assets?

• Love 3

Yeah, I bought my Husband a Cast Iron dutch oven with skillet lid for his birthday and put two cast iron pans on my birthday list because I love cast iron. Wash it with some water, dry it, put on a dab of oil and you are good to go. Really easy. It is a great conductor of heat and cooks food very nicely. I get that many restaurants do not use cast iron equipment in the kitchen but it is kind of a no brainer.

I am not a farmer and probably would struggle with being a farmer. I still cringe when the cute bear eats the cute antelope calf that cannot run yet on nature shows. I understand the circle of life, I really do, but watching it in the process is hard. I am glad I am not watching the feeds because I really think that the calf should be with the mom. It breaks my heart to hear that they are separated. I have read the explanations but still, it just breaks my heart. A Baby needs it Mama

• Love 3

People always want a puppy, sigh.  I'm the puppy killjoy of rescue adopters.  "Hmm, will it be a problem for you if the puppy chews the corner of this $10,000 silk rug?"  They're cute, but Puppy Law says your computer cord will soon be in two pieces.

These bozos obviously wouldn't have put in 1/10th the amount of time necessary to raise a puppy.  Plus, their bedding is on the floor.  Redrum!

(I wouldn't have minded them getting an older dog from the "unadoptable" pool.  The show's doomed and lots of viewers would have stepped up to give the guy a good home.)

• Love 4

I don't know about the start-up costs, or even what impact that *should* have on his position.

I think for me, the point is that the accounting (both financial and as it relates to work and common area improvements) to accommodate his partial separation from the group is complicated, and clearly way too complicated for these folks.

It was already obvious that he isn't actually a chef, but now i suspect that he wasn't even a dishwasher.  Cast iron can last for years when taken care of properly.  These guys have been there for a month and the cast iron is getting rusty?  (I don't want to think about what fine sauces he may be making in them, but I suspect they require equal parts ketchup, mustard and mayo.)

It's pretty easy to re-season with some lard or bacon. Lard is easiest and cheap. Bacon is yummy. They could make this work without any drama.

• Love 5
I wasn't pointing out my politics in order to start a political controversy. Reasonable people can disagree. I was pointing out only how completely not I am Red's natural audience and fan and still I like him best of them right now. The juxtaposition of my leanings and Red's entire raison d'etre just struck me as funny under the circumstances.  I couldn't care less about Rob's politics, I only care that he is by turns funny and a complete asshole.  Right now he is much more the latter than the former IMO.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I feel the same way.  I'm making assumptions about Red based on what I've seen - I sure have no idea what his political leanings are, but by appearance he's exactly the opposite of the type of person I would want to be around. Yet, he's one of the only people on this show that I think is a decent human being.

• Love 6
I wasn't pointing out my politics in order to start a political controversy. Reasonable people can disagree. I was pointing out only how completely not I am Red's natural audience and fan and still I like him best of them right now. The juxtaposition of my leanings and Red's entire raison d'etre just struck me as funny under the circumstances.

Oh,  no worries, I didn't think you were.  I just think that one of the pluses of the show is that people get to see multiple sides of people of different sociopolitical leanings.  One of the things I had hoped the show would be - but of course it isn't, because they cast mostly stereotypes, fame whores and sociopaths - was a vehicle for showing that people can have very different views on any number of issues and still find common ground. But I think I have more faith in people than the showrunners do. 

• Love 4

was a vehicle for showing that people can have very different views on any number of issues and still find common ground.

In which case they have succeeded because a socially/politically/religious/etc...diverse group is represented by the PTVrs have found a common ground of wanting to cause bodily harm to these twerps.

• Love 14

I cast my vote on the Utopia site for Bri to go home.

there is one entertaining reason to send her home.   that is, to see what Chris does without her.   Who will he make a move on?

Red says she must be milked even if it goes into the ground.

he has the priorities right!

• Love 3

It takes two to tango. Chris is as guilty as Bri in this little sexual thing they have going on. If Bri is a "filthy ho" then so is Chris.

But I don't think she is a filthy ho and I strongly dislike language like that because it tends to be targeted at the woman and is disparaging and it ignores that the fact that there is another person involved. Whether it is casual sex or overly sexual behavior in an environment like this or a prostitute on the street corner, it takes two people and the other person is a willing participant.

I agree, Chris is a man slut. He doesn't get a pass from me either, though there is a large double standard when it comes to sexuality and gender.

Sorry you dislike the language but I stand by my "filthy ho" assessment of Bri. She's hooked up with twice the number of people Chris has while on the show (that we know of).

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 3

So, I signed up for a free passport (or whatever it's called) just to vote for Bri to get kicked off.  I hope that she's forced out just by the sheer volume of votes she's going to get from all the animal lovers out there who despise her.  Now I get to watch boring camera 1 and camera 2 and probably will!

• Love 3

I think the best way to drum up interest (and keep the show interesting) would be to give the viewers all of the control.  The general public should be able to vote (not only "passport" holders), and it would force these people to act like decent human beings.  I want the cool kids club broken up - it's making me dislike Hex.  They are a nasty little clique and they're ruining my fun.

• Love 5