Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

If everyone feels like it's all just pretend and doesn't care what they do I won't bother to recap anything.  Personally I think it's some producer manip and some reality and therefore still kind of interesting.  But if the consensus is that 'who cares, it's not real anyway' then I have other things I could be doing rather than typing this shit up for other people's information.  Just sayin'. 

I care and I want to know what happens! I appreciate your types ups! I don't get the live feeds! 

• Love 3

If everyone feels like it's all just pretend and doesn't care what they do I won't bother to recap anything.  Personally I think it's some producer manip and some reality and therefore still kind of interesting.  But if the consensus is that 'who cares, it's not real anyway' then I have other things I could be doing rather than typing this shit up for other people's information.  Just sayin'. 

As others have said, the recaps are for more fun than the show and certainly very appreciated.

I'm curious about the hot weather.  On the TV show, the narrator keeps saying it's almost 100 degrees, yet no one is sweating, unless they are doing manual work, like Josh and the girls don't even have their hair up, trying to stay as cool as possible. Seems inconsistent.

• Love 1

They did have a price list.  Aaron mysteriously gave it to "someone" and no one could find it.  He set Nikki up to look bad, and it worked.  My shit list is dynamic, but Aaron stays in the top three.  He's just vile.  Since Nikki and Bella are wasting away, Aaron bitched to Kristen that he has lost nine pounds!  Kristen - you guys have a scale here?  Of course not, Aaron can just feel that he lost nine pounds.

I fully expect the show to be heavily edited. I haven't watched it since episode two, but I've read the story goes that poor Aaron is a victim of racism.  If true, that especially enrages me.  I take racism very seriously, and to use it as a fake plot point makes the next true victim less likely to be believed.  What has surprised me, is the apparent effort to control the storyline on the feeds.  I don't get Big Brother feeds, but I've read that there's very little blocked.  People at Jokers truly believe that production is actively protecting Aaron.  He and Kristen used to plot together a lot, now they either don't show it, or the audio is lost, or the feed switches to somewhere else.  Red can't mention the call that tipped him off about Aaron.  Visitor Kim whispers to beware of Aaron and Kristen, and she left there believing she is banned.  After she spoke to a reporter, suddenly she's welcomed again.  Kristen is allowed to have a visitor sit with her, reveal what's on the feeds, and discuss coming up with a code so they can communicate later.  This just isn't what I thought the feeds would be about.

I don't see any weight loss on Aaron or Kristen ..... and yet I can see that Bella and Nikki (who were slender to begin with) have visibly lost significant weight.  If I can see that on the television, what must the weight loss look like in person.

Why is the show protecting Aaron?  Why are they making Bella look more loony than she really is and making Amanda look lazy?  Why is the show actively trying to portray Josh as a hateful racist?  I don't get it.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 4

It sounds like Josh is building a house from the ground up.  Let's keep him, and Hex.  She's not exactly "Huntress Hex," but she seems decent.  Kick everyone else out, and have them take the liquor when they go.  Reset.

• Love 5

Bella has completely lost it.  Once she left the meeting abruptly today after Hex was awarded garden lead, she kept to herself and didn't talk to anyone that I could see although I've not been watching all day.  NOW she's muttering to herself, 'These people are not your friends, Bella' and has taken some of her stuff and bedding down to the barn and has set up and laid down behind the chicken coop. The chickens were disturbed while she settled down. Josh has come down to check on her and find out if she's okay. She thanked him and said she hadn't felt well for a few days and would be fine out here.  She said if she gets too cold she'll come in and if he hears her screaming to come down and help her.  He chuckled and said he would.  

Drama drama drama with her. She cannot stand not being in control of a situation and they stripped control from her. Bella cannot abide being told no or not being the one who decides.  So she is making a show of herself and blaming her failures on 'not being well this week'.  Okay, Bella. Whatever.  Don't keep the chickens awake please.  

I mean, I want to feel bad for her but she does make it hard. 

Of course she doesn't feel well - people are bullying her and the poor thing is starving.  Look, I know Bella is a handful, however I think she's mostly harmless.  If you filter through her new-age speak she has some good ideas.  If I recall correctly, she was one of the first to mention Aaron's wonky food receipts.  No wonder she wants to bunk with the chickens, she probably feels like they're the only thing in that compound that gives a flying fig about her - the people there don't have to LIKE her, but they should at least treat her like a human being.

I'm glad that Josh went down to check on her.

It sounds like Josh is building a house from the ground up.  Let's keep him, and Hex.  She's not exactly "Huntress Hex," but she seems decent.  Kick everyone else out, and have them take the liquor when they go.  Reset.

Agreed - I think Amanda is showing some promise and Rob is mostly decent .... the rest, yeah, they can leave any time now.

• Love 2

She (Bella) is forty-four I believe, too old to be playing these games more fit for a thirteen year old girl and not a grown woman.

I would've been killed by my family if I behaved like that at 13.  My daughter is currently 13 and I would kill her if she acted like that.  Even her older brother (20) who is the world's most naturally patient and gentle individual would have a hard time not throttling her.

Since they have to water by hand, why not poke some holes in a couple of the hoses so they can just position them underneath the rows of plants.  No waste, no runoff, no evil droplets on the leafs...a soaker hose is a pretty easy DIY project.

Aaron's money making project shouldn't be bootcamp, it should be a weight loss camp.  He can use Bella and Nikki as examples as to how under his guidance, you too can lose 15+ lbs in a couple of weeks.

• Love 7

I'm curious about the hot weather.  On the TV show, the narrator keeps saying it's almost 100 degrees, yet no one is sweating, unless they are doing manual work, like Josh and the girls don't even have their hair up, trying to stay as cool as possible. Seems inconsistent.

Southern CA is typically pretty dry, however here in San Diego (about a 2 hour drive from Santa Clarita) we had a few weeks in a row that were pretty hot and humid (Friends in the LA area have mentioned some humidity there as well), and we've definitely been sweating without doing anything too physical so I noticed this as well.  It's no where near mid-west levels of humidity, but it's more than we typically get here. We had been up in the mid-nineties and any wind that we've had here has been predominantly Santa Ana winds, so it's hot wind blowing in from the desert rather than cool air coming in from the ocean. The weather could definitely be a bit different in Santa Clarita though. This is prime fire season as well, particularily with the severe drought Southern CA has been having. The Utopians are not going to be pleased about their water bills and better set aside a good chunk of their funds to help cover them as the utility companies are charging a premium for water at the moment. At least the really high heat and humidity seems to have subsided for the time being.

Aaron is teaching Tyler how to make biscuits. Aaron is upset because when he got the butter out of the freezer the wax paper wrapper on it stuck to it a little and he had to a knife to cut it off. It took him all of a second to do, but he kept saying over and over that everyone was making his life so difficult and that he "can't believe this shit." That's a lot of hostility over unwrapping some butter.

Taylor asked Aaron what the "analogy" was for tablespoon. This didn't seem to phase Aaron at all as he immediately answered TBS.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

Looks like Aaron is making biscuits and teaching Taylor how to do it. Taylor is asking lots of questions about it. I don't know if that's because he wants to know so they can get rid of Aaron or if he just wants to help cook. Hmmm...

A cookbook is found in the house...

HOW TO COOK AARON

Wait, it's a little dusty. Let's blow that off...

HOW TO COOK FOR AARON

There's still some on there...

HOW TO COOK FORTY AARONS

Wait...

HOW TO COOK FOR FORTY AARONS EVEN THOUGH THERE'S ONLY ONE OF HIM AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS STARVING EXCEPT KRISTEN AND HIM

Aaron is teaching Tyler how to make biscuits. Aaron is upset because when he got the butter out of the freezer the wax paper wrapper on it stuck to it a little and he had to a knife to cut it off. It took him all of a second to do, but he kept saying over and over that everyone was making his life so difficult and that he "can't believe this shit."

Sounds like Aaron is everything butter chef.

If you water at the right times, it shouldn't matter if any water gets on the leaves, but even then some people say it doesn't matter.  Are the tomato plants even up and growing? Those keyhole gardens look pretty nongardeny.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with getting water on the leaves, especially if you water them early in the morning or late in the afternoon. After all, when it rains, the leaves get wet. Some people claim that watering the leaves during strong/hot sun can somehow "burn" the leaves, but I've never understood the logic of that. I think the main reason not to do it would be not to waste water, as in the hot sun, the water will evaporate quickly from the leaves.

I still don't understand how the garden is supposed to make any significant contribution to their food supply. They don't have enough land or enough time to grow anything significant for 15 people. The whole "farming" aspect is just another contrivance from Production to make the place feel rustic, it has almost no practical purpose.

What is TBS?

I believe it's the abbreviation for "Tablespoon" - usually written "Tbs." and this is what was referred to as an "analogy" instead of "abbreviation."

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 3

TBS is the abbreviation for tablespoon, but maybe where Taylor got his skoolin', analogy and abbreviation mean the same thing.

Red sounds like he's being awfully nice today.  He really is an enigma - he can be such a tantrum having toddler and switch over to being very thoughtful and down right likable. 

• Love 3

Didn't Bella bring the seeds or were they already there? 

There were some seeds already there, but Bella brought her own seeds as well.  As far as I can tell, she was so sure that her own information was correct that she only planted her own seeds.  As far as I can tell, Bella fancied herself a gardener and just read stuff online, and even then only focused on the New Age stuff, because that's how she rolls.  Anyway, without any real understanding of how to grow a garden, she did the best she could and rejected any questions or input from people who knew better. 

Some of the others have started their own gardens with the seeds that were provided, and those are already working out better.  Bella's not able to deal with this sort of thing, so I don't know if she'll be able to accept it or DOR, or even be removed by Production.  She's really not doing well right now.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 4

Some of the others have started their own gardens with the seeds that were provided, and they are already working out better.  Bella's not able to deal with this sort of thing, so I don't know if she'll be able to accept it or DOR, or even be removed by Production.  She's really not doing well right now.

DOR?

I'm racking my brain and can't quite figure that one out .... a little assistance pretty please.

What is TBS?

Thanks all!  I didn't read the original post correctly and was thinking that TBS was an acronym for something else, like ASAP, or TBC.  I thought it might be an internet term that I wasn't familiar with.

BTW, I do know that Tbsp is short for tablespoon, but Aaron's such a f***up in the kitchen I really thought that it was some term for "Don't ask stupid questions!  I'm a chef and you're a nobody!  Why are you bothering me?  Go away!"

• Love 1

Red sounds like he's being awfully nice today.  He really is an enigma - he can be such a tantrum having toddler and switch over to being very thoughtful and down right likable. 

1) Pot?

2) Pharmaceutical intervention?

3) He lives in his own private Idaho?

4) Production plant?

5) Dissociative Identity Disorder (AKA multiple personality disorder)?

6) He is Red? 

7) He is in Myopia?

• Love 5
DOR is 'Drop Out on Request'.  A term that I first heard when watching the movie "G.I. Jane".  Good movie.  Anyway, I guess it's a real military term that is creeping into daily life, at least as far as 'reality' TV competitions and such.

Am I the only one that first remembers DOR from 'An Officer and a Gentleman' ?

Lou Gossett Jr.'s drill sergeant yelling at Richard Gere's character  -- "Mayo, I want your D.O.R."  

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

1) Pot?

2) Pharmaceutical intervention?

3) He lives in his own private Idaho?

4) Production plant?

5) Dissociative Identity Disorder (AKA multiple personality disorder)?

6) He is Red?

7) He is in Myopia?

Take equal parts of the above ingredients, mix well.

Warning: the above recipe creates a chemical unstable element.  It may react with other elements; the resulting reaction may be violent.  Use appropriate safety measures and precautions when handling.  Do not leave unattended.  Do not leave near an open fire.  May not be suitable for impressionable children.  Use of alcohol may result in: Drowsiness, dizziness; tremors; increased risk for side effects, such as restlessness, uselessness, impaired motor control; loss of appetite; stomach upset; irregular bowel movement; joint or muscle pain; depression; liver damage; increased and excessive hostility; douchery.  In extreme cases, you may find yourself signed up for a year long ground breaking social experiment.

• Love 8

Am I the only one that first remembers DOR from 'An Officer and a Gentleman' ?

Lou Gossett Jr.'s drill sergeant yelling at Richard Gere's character  -- "Mayo, I want your D.O.R."  

You're right!  I remember that term being used in that movie also!

I've read elsewhere that Red has a chronic pain issue, and you can tell when he's taken his meds because he starts to slur his words a little.  I haven't seen enough yet to judge.  I do believe that part of his act is producer motivated, because he's slipped and said things on camera.  I like Red when he's calm and thoughtful.  I think he and Bella are greatly affected by what they are eating (or not eating).  I'll wait a little longer to see if proper nutrition affects them positively.

• Love 5

I've read elsewhere that Red has a chronic pain issue, and you can tell when he's taken his meds because he starts to slur his words a little.  I haven't seen enough yet to judge.  I do believe that part of his act is producer motivated, because he's slipped and said things on camera.  I like Red when he's calm and thoughtful.  I think he and Bella are greatly affected by what they are eating (or not eating).  I'll wait a little longer to see if proper nutrition affects them positively.

I'm glad you mentioned this as I think one of the reasons Red was getting cranky about the food is because Aaron and crew weren't listen to Red about what he can and cannot eat.  And in Bella's case, they're starving (to the point where she's eating flowers and garbage scraps) an already fragile person.  

I don't know how the producers can allow this to happen - then again, they don't see to care that Bri is intentionally underfeeding the cows.

• Love 4

fwiw, on Tuesday's show they spent about two seconds showing a garden with plants sticking out of the soil.      narrator said the garden was starting to grow.  

some trivia........   some MIL training situations use "SIE" instead of "DOR", or at least they did a few years ago.     SIE = self initiated elimination

Lefty seems like an odd guy.

On his first visit, he came to sell them a rooster for $25, but then sharply reduces the price to $15 for no apparent reason. I don't know how far away he lives, but $15 would hardly be worth the cost of gas to drive over, let alone his time spent there.

Then he shows up and pays at least $20 to come for the "Utopia Experience." Now he seems to be offering discount/free tractor repair. Perhaps he's another lonely guy who just wants to be a part of the action? He seems awfully nice, probably too nice, as he seems to be offering undue outside help. It might also be his need to be a nice guy why he's being very uncritical of Bella's gardening philosophy (or maybe he just takes everything she says at face value).

• Love 2

On his first visit, he came to sell them a rooster for $25, but then sharply reduces the price to $15 for no apparent reason. I don't know how far away he lives, but $15 would hardly be worth the cost of gas to drive over, let alone his time spent there.

Then he shows up and pays at least $20 to come for the "Utopia Experience." Now he seems to be offering discount/free tractor repair. Perhaps he's another lonely guy who just wants to be a part of the action? He seems awfully nice, probably too nice, as he seems to be offering undue outside help. It might also be his need to be a nice guy why he's being very uncritical of Bella's gardening philosophy (or maybe he just takes everything she says at face value).

My guess is he's being paid on the side by Production.  

• Love 3

My guess is he's being paid on the side by Production.

I dunno. He seems to have such a child-like enthusiasm. And if he was a Production plant, I think they'd come up with other reasons for him to show up, rather than him coming with the "Experience" visitors. I also think that Production would want him to play up the "crazy Bella" angle, rather than be nice to her.

Farmer Lefty told the group to keep the keyhole gardens but to keep them watered.  Bella used that opportunity to complain that no one helped her with the watering.  That statement was not met with enthusiasm.  Lefty commissioned Bella for a painting of Enrique, and Aaron spoke to Lefty in private about buying a side of pork for the group for $6.00/lb.  Hex called a meeting of the garden group--Red, Chris, Bri, Nikki, Mike, Taylor and Bella but Bella refused to attend.  Hex told Bella in no uncertain terms if she doesn't attend the meeting she is out of the group.  The meeting was quick and it was determined they would look into soaker hoses, Taylor was asked to come up with a blueprint of something that is aesthetically pleasant for the garden schematic and Hex presented a list of winter crops they could plant.  In the meantime, Bella is inside packing up to leave (yawn).  The camera shows her walking toward the gates with her bags and clothes, then we don't see Bella again for about 15-20 minutes.  It was discussed on the live feed forum that she is once again being spoken to by production and they begged her to stay.  The next time we see Bella, she is walking away from the gates and Red is telling her everything will be ok, to just concentrate her efforts on her art and the work in the barn, to which she agrees and goes back into the house and unpacks (I'm thinking it would be easier for her to just stay packed, it would be more efficient).  Taylor told Hex if she lets Bella back into the group, there will be trouble.  Hex and Taylor kiss and play a little touchy-feely.  

ETA:  Previously, during the vet visit, Red whispered to someone (camera was on something else) that Bri was feeding the cows 1/2 cup of grain twice a day, but he has secretly been adding 3 more cups of grain to each feeding and that is why they are so low on feed.  I only hope he was whispering this to the vets.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 5

Oh, this is rich......Bri told Hex and Taylor that she has heard from Mike and Rob that Red is spreading rumors about her trying to kill the cows.  Bri agrees with Hex that Red doesn't do much (!) and that the barn needs to be reorganized.  Bri said she is going to get up early every morning and go down to the barn (hahaha) and she wants Red off barn duty.  Bri said Red is "untrustworthy and ingenuine" for spreading gossip about her (since when is truth a rumor?) She asked Taylor to "stay on " Bella so she will quit barn duty.  Taylor and Bri discussed voting off Red and Bella, but Hex said she has someone else in mind but would not divulge who.  

• Love 3

I suspect Lefty is a local, but's also a producer plant.  He's getting paid good money to make himself available, lend advice in a kind manner, offer to sell the Utopians stuff at an increasingly reduced rate, etc.  A couple of weeks ago he was reported to be offering to sell the Utopians eating-ready chickens at $4 a pop.  (I didn't witness this so I don't know if it's true.) 

Now the keyhole gardens that he initially said were impractical and wouldn't produce enough food (especially since he said that Bella planted stuff that wouldn't grow there in the winter) are OK to leave and see what turns up.  Bella's losing it, but she makes 'good TV' so he's suddenly in favor of continuing her experiment and offering advice and help to get other gardens growing instead.

• Love 5

it was determined they would look into soaker hoses

Hose + nail = soaker hose

Taylor and Bri discussed voting off Red and Bella, but Hex said she has someone else in mind but would not divulge who.

I'm guessing Bri (Hex - we would WORSHIP you!).  Her motives might be to removed any temptation from Taylor now that Bris is no more (or at least she's been reduced to his f buddy), but me and the cows would appreciate it whatever the reason.

• Love 7

At least Bella can leave if she wants. The poor cows are stuck until they end this mess. Probably won't take too much longer given the dead on arrival ratings.

On the live feeds, the Utopians seem to be convinced that if they DOR they lose their weekly stipend.  They have to be either voted out or leave for medical reasons.  Maybe if their relatives can create a plausible family emergency they also have a way out.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

On the live feeds, the Utopians seem to be convinced that if they DOR they loose their weekly stipend.  They have to be either voted out or leave for medical reasons.  Maybe if their relatives can create a plausible family emergency they also have a way out.

Do they want them to go postal to get removed instead of letting them just leave? Seems like it could go really wrong if somebody got desperate and tried to get removed.

• Love 1

There is way, way more than enough gardening space there to produce significant food for themselves.

When I first landed here--Outpost Infinity--I was going to buy a little electric tiller and "put in a garden."  A friend said, "Mmmm, why not start a little smaller and make sure you enjoy it first."  So I planted 27 eggplant, tomato and jalapeno seedlings, plus three blueberry bushes, in containers on the deck.  YEOW.  What a lot of trouble (especially since there are people lined up on the edge of the park in town asking $1 for giant paper sacks full of zucchini and other surplus from their own gardens.)  But I did it, and basically only used big flowerpots at the end of the deck.

So, not my thing, but it's crazy for these people to be buying frozen pizza and not working to grow themselves a daily ratatouille or stir-fry.  They haven't even planted a couple of window boxes with fresh herbs to add to the Aaron slop.  Are they lazy or stupid or they just don't know how?  I bet if they poked around, a "Gardening For So-Cal Dummies" book might suddenly turn up.

• Love 5

Here are a few tidbits I picked up from the live feed chats--can't authenticate them but maybe someone here heard this too?  

Bella admitted she has been hospitalized in a psychiatric facility

Hex said she was previously a stripper (I actually heard Hex say last night that she had a General Education degree only because she didn't know what she wanted to do)

Bri said she "hooked up" with someone from Production named Ryan during sequester

• Love 3
On the live feeds, the Utopians seem to be convinced that if they DOR they loose their weekly stipend.  They have to be either voted out or leave for medical reasons.  Maybe if their relatives can create a plausible family emergency they also have a way out.

Do they want them to go postal to get removed instead of letting them just leave? Seems like it could go really wrong if somebody got desperate and tried to get removed.

Have you met Red and Bella?  Prime candidates right there, for different reasons.

If the tv show portrayed Bri as someone who was willing to let animals suffer, either to cover her own ass or eliminate competitors for her trumped up skillset, I'd call editing monkeys because the resident animal person just wouldn't be so cold-hearted.

But as an avid PTV Tope-aholic, it's not hard at all to believe Bri concocted some "no milking today" scheme to make other people look bad.  And if it means the cows were left sore and uncomfortable, who cares?  She's done it before.

Vote the bitch out already.

• Love 8

Have you met Red and Bella?  Prime candidates right there, for different reasons.

Red seems too interested to bail and they'll keep paying him off on the side to get him to stay. Production trailer conjugal visit time or whatever else it takes. Bella might be the one to end this all in a blaze of glory.

"ETA:  Previously, during the vet visit, Red whispered to someone (camera was on something else) that Bri was feeding the cows 1/2 cup of grain twice a day, but he has secretly been adding 3 more cups of grain to each feeding and that is why they are so low on feed.  I only hope he was whispering this to the vets."

If this is true, and Red did this on his own, then he really can do very little wrong in my eyes at this point in time. Red is one of those contradiction people. I think that he does best when not having to socialize too much with too many people (& I seriously cannot believe that I am saying this). He gets up early and does what needs to be done. Plus, the accounts of him talking to the cows and working with the chickens sound very, very, sweet. A person who is kind to animals has some redeeming qualities even if they have flaming asshole moments at other times. Bri, on the other hand,  can die in a fire for all I care. Red has a fan in me, if this stuff is true. 

• Love 10

Were the vets out today? Someone posted on the facebook page that they said Red should be in charge of the barn...which the topes ignore. Bri still says she won't feed them the amount of grain the vets told her they needed. Can anyone call whatever agency is there to protect animals? I hope one of them kicks her in the head.

• Love 1

On the live feeds, the Utopians seem to be convinced that if they DOR they lose their weekly stipend.  They have to be either voted out or leave for medical reasons.  Maybe if their relatives can create a plausible family emergency they also have a way out.

Surely they're mistaken about that? Production can't just employ these people and then take away their pay if they don't like the outcome. Of course, it's not surprising that these idiots aren't aware of their actual contract terms.

• Love 1

I bet if they poked around, a "Gardening For So-Cal Dummies" book might suddenly turn up.

A typical scene from Utopia:

NEIL: OK, I've plowed this bit, right. And now I'm going to sow it. This self-sufficiency thing really is amazing. We sow the seed, right. Nature grows the seed, and then, we eat the seed. And then, after that, we sow the seed, nature grows the seed, and then, we eat the seed. And then, after that again, we sow the seed, nature grows the seed....

RICK: Oh, shut up, Neil! Shut up! Shut up. It's pathetic. I mean, what about radical magazines? What about Kicker boots?! Can we grow them? No, we can't, can we?! They beauty of your plan, Neil, seems to rest on everyone being really into seeds.

NEIL: No no no, Rick. You don't understand the timeless wonder of the whole thing. We. Sow the seed! Nature grows the seed. We eat the seed. And then...

[Rick clobbers Neil with a shovel. Neil collapses, unmoving.]

RICK: All right. Now, shut up. Come on, get up Neil, there's a lot of work to be done. Neil? Neil?! Oh, God! Oh, God, I've killed a hippie! I've killed a hippie, and now I'll have to pay. Oh, God. Vyvyan's bound to tell on me, and I'll get sent to prison and raped in the shower by Mr. Big who's in with the warders. Oh! Burn the corpse! Burn the corpse.

• Love 5

@riverheightsnancy--I agree with you about Red.  He has his moments.  Today, Bella was hungry and had only a jar of strawberry jelly that she ordered but it was not organic, so she can't eat it.  She asked Red if he would trade her for anything he had that she could eat and he traded his box of Rice Krispies.  He seems especially concerned about women ("Mama Bear", Bella and he even took a Yoga class with Nikki) and animals, so he's not all bad in my book.  I really think if the others would just show him a little bit of respect and/or gratitude, he would become the ideal roommate.  

As for the vets knowing what's going on with Bri, according to the live feed chat, one of the "feedsters" said she emailed a note to the vets about it and someone else said the vets have indicated they watch the live feeds.  So, hopefully they are keeping a close eye on the cows and chickens.  

Apparently yesterday, Mike and Chris decided they would adopt a dog from a shelter or rescue.  Bri said it had to be a grown dog, she "hates puppies."  I was appalled and almost yelled out loud "NOOOOOOOOOOO dogs!"  Thankfully, someone posted that the producer said on Twitter there will be no dogs in Utopia.  

• Love 4