Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

I'm scared for Bella and Nikki, I truly am.

Unlike the animals though, either one of them can leave at any time. The Utopians are not allowed to get rid of the cows. :-( Edited by areca
  • Love 5

Unlike the animals though, either one of them can leave at any time. The Utopians are not allowed to get rid of the cows. :-(

I know that. My point was, enough people in Myopia are going to put Bri on the chopping block. Two others will be nominated and of the three, one will be sent home. I'm trying to say that I voted for Aaron because so many others already voted for Bri, including, apparently, most of the Topes.

• Love 2

I have a question: What "taxes" are they talking about? Property? They don't own that land so are they responsible for that bill, too? If so, why? If they can't sell the cows, because they don't "own" them, why are they being charged for land they don't own? (I hope that makes sense-the land won't die if it's neglected, the cows can/will. I'm not understanding some things obviously)

• Love 1

I did my master's & doctoral dissertation (until I switched to a different topic) in the area of sexual abuse and I would agree that Bri probably has some issues there. These are very complex issues and she is probably not totally aware of why she feels the way that she does. It is a knee jerk reaction/coping skill for her. HOWEVER, the stats also indicate that @1 out of 3 women and 1 out of 4 men (other clinicians say it is even more)  have been abused at least once in their lives and do NOT going around purposely trying to hurt animals. Bri is broken and for those factors alone, she MUST go.  Generally speaking ALL of these shows has a psychologist(s) to vet the contestants, etc.... If I can find out who, then that person's license is at risk if they allow a truly disturbed person to continue in this manner. This might be another way of going at the animal issue. Bri MUST go. I hate Aaron too and I think that Bella should not be there as well,  but for the sake of the animals. Bri must go first (for her own sake as well). 

Thank you!  That's great!

4leafclover  Interesting how NONE of those links are working anymore. I wonder why. Production?  Can anyone see those tweets? 

Edited by riverheightsnancy
  • Love 4

I have a question: What "taxes" are they talking about? Property? They don't own that land so are they responsible for that bill, too? If so, why? If they can't sell the cows, because they don't "own" them, why are they being charged for land they don't own? (I hope that makes sense-the land won't die if it's neglected, the cows can/will. I'm not understanding some things obviously)

I'm not educated on the US tax system, but where I come from if you offer a service (like Yoga, Bootcamp, Utopia Experience) and get paid for that, you have to pay taxes for that income. Also if you are an artist and sell your art, you also have to pay taxes.

• Love 6

I'm not educated on the US tax system, but where I come from if you offer a service (like Yoga, Bootcamp, Utopia Experience) and get paid for that, you have to pay taxes for that income. Also if you are an artist and sell your art, you also have to pay taxes.

Ah, ok. Income taxes, that makes more sense but leaves me with more questions too. Are they doing business as a corporation, since they share/pool money? Usually reality show people are taxed as individual contractors. I don't think that would be fair in this case. If Bella makes $40 on a painting and Nikki makes $20 for yoga, and they both have to have to pay an individual income tax, they should not have to share that income in my mind. (again, I hope that makes sense)

Red is looking more and more savvy by the minute if he's already figured out "their" money comes as a personal cost to him. Hence pulling out his share from the community pile. Smart move there, Red.

Also, Red is caring for the cows right now on the live feed. He is the only real friend those animals have. Bri just pretended to rinse off the udder rag. She shook the hose over it but the water is not on. She's a real gem, that one.

• Love 4

This show brings Hate-Watch to a whole new level.

I said in the Utopia Netherlands thread that watching someone with a pretty apparent problem (other than just being a bitch/bastard, annoying, etc...) sucks the enjoyment out of mocking & snark.  Bella is on that list for me, but Bri is too.  She's a totally unsympathetic person, but her attitudes and behaviors create real risks for herself and anyone (cows included) around her.

• Love 4
How do you see more than the dozen tweets that show when I click the link?  Refreshing didn't help.

Yeah, it's acting wonky.  If you put @UtopiaPioneer in the search and choose "All" from the results (the "Top/All" option on the returned page), you can see all of the tweets they've been getting to that question and in general.  (You may have to use the "view conversation" links to see which question they're addressing, because some of them are also listing which Tope they'd date.)

And then Chris, who is the overall musician/artist type but officially they have him listed as a chili farmer, gets along quite well with the calf. He just sits on a stack of hay and holds the bottle and the calf comes up and does her thing.

He seems to be quite the animal person, surprisingly.   It's getting in the way of my disdain for him.  I see how he is with Bri and hate him for being a pig in the way he talks about her to the other guys.  Guy talk is one thing, but he has no respect for her at all.  And then I see him all googly with the lil moo baby and I almost like him. I have to keep reminding myself what he's really like.

Oh, yeah. Rob is called 'the hobbit' and 'Jersey' by Red.

Rob is a poor reflection on hobbits and New Jerseyans everywhere.   Also, he's really annoying to watch.  I caught about a half-hour of the live feed yesterday and was surprised at how obnoxious he was.

Or she is an actor being fed lines and cues.  Altho' I really do not see any one who wants to act actually performing this part unless they have been seriously misled.

I know there are questions about how much production interference there is on this show, but things like this are the reason I don't think they're scripting the actors.  I don't know why someone would choose to portray themselves like some of these guys do, just because it's a reality show.  I have to think Bri - and Mike, Aaron, etc - really are like they seem, because otherwise they're trading too much self-respect in order to play a persona on a reality show since people will think that's what they're really like.  But then the alternative is that they're behaving like this on a reality show because it's what's they're really like and they know people will see them being like this, which indicates problems with self-respect and worse, so it all becomes a paradox in my head.  It's very confusing. ;)

I think nominating Bri is a waste of a vote for viewers, personally, because it seems she'll be in the bottom 3 anyway. I picked Aaron.

I don't trust the topes and how they'll vote.  During the time I heard them talking, they kept going back and forth about who they'll vote for.  Bri was one of the names, but along with Aaron, Bella and Red.  Also, I want them to know how viewers feel, and if people don't vote for Bri just because they think she'll already be nominated, they won't get the impact of that.  

• Love 6

I think it's irrelevant who gets voted on the list by the viewers, since the cool kids club is going to decide who of the three nominees actually leaves, and they won't chose one of their own. It would be more useful for the viewers to be able to protect one of the nominees.

• Love 5

Nikki is talking with Amanda now about who to vote out. Nikki is trying to make a case for Aaron but Amanda is saying that they don't know who they would get as a replacement and Aaron is doing the cooking that no one else wants to do. Amanda says that Bri would not be missed and she's completely replaceable. Ideally, Amanda would like both Bri and Aaron gone, but clearly Bri isn't contributing and she needs to go.

Amanda says the only person that might miss Bri is Chris. Amanda now brought up that Bri mistreats the Cows - thank goodness one of the other Utopians sees this!! Nikki wasn't aware of this apparently, and Amanda mentions that the food that she ordered to feed the cows has now gone bad either because she ordered wrong or was not feeding the cows correctly.

Amanda also brings up that Bri, who was supposed to be the animal expert, didn't have proper preparations for the calf, which they all knew was coming.

Now they are talking about Aaron and that he has let food go bad. Nikki mentions that other people do want to cook even if Amanda doesn't. She says other people would be happy to cook and she doesn't trust Aaron at all. Amanda doesn't trust him either. Nikki says that she has tried to talk to Aaron  more than once, but he didn't want anything to do with it. He kept putting her off and never got back to her. Amanda says that Aaron is not going to come to Nikki to talk about it. Nikki talks about the meal last night and says he could have put the béchamel sauce on the side in order to better accommodate the group. I saw that béchamel sauce, and I'm sure most of them would have preferred it on the side so they didn't have to eat it - it looked horrible.

They are talking about some kind of 'prank' that Aaron said he pulled that wasted food but Amanda and Nikki think it was something deliberate and that he made some kind of error and tried to cover by saying it was a 'prank.' Was anyone watching the feeds at this time or have any knowledge of what he did?

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4
I think it's irrelevant who gets voted on the list by the viewers, since the cool kids club is going to decide who of the three nominees actually leaves, and they won't chose one of their own. It would be more useful for the viewers to be able to protect one of the nominees.

I wonder if they are going to go the Big Brother route and nominees are not allowed to vote, because that would put a dent in certain voting groups.

• Love 2

Nikki is now saying that Aaron is committing an abuse of power as he is not portioning food evenly and he and Taylor seem to get much more. She's also upset that he is failing to provide vegetarian/gluten free options, which apparently he agreed to given the needs of the group. She basically says that Aaron and his cooking account for why Red pulled his funds out of the group.

There is also mention that he gave Chris 'extra funds' to get alcohol. Also, when the orders come in he is secretive. Amanda says that Aaron's rebuttal to that will be that he wants to 'surprise' the group. Same thing with the fact that he refuses to put out a menu even though, as a group, they agreed this is something he would do so people would know if they had to make something separate or use their 'personal food' for a communal meal.

Bella now passes by Amanda and Nikki and they ask Bella who she will be voting for. Bella says she doesn't know. Amanda says they will likely vote for her (Amanda) as she used bleach on something and she also voted against the paints for the group.

Nikki is continuing to make her written list of reasons to vote Aaron out and she asks Amanda if she should actually list the specific lies he told/was caught in. Amanda says yes as he will most likely ask for that.

Aaron is a definite problem and I do not care for him but I think Bri is the more immediate danger, especially after watching her practically strangle the calf yesterday trying to force feed it when she was told not to go feed it, and she needs to go first. I really hope they don't end up sending Red home (a lot have mentioned voting for him) as he is helping safe-guard and care for the animals. As back and forth as I am on him and dislike some of his behavior, the way he cares for the animals makes up for that and he needs to stay. He may throw inappropriate temper tantrums from time to time, in addition to having a tendency to be stubborn and difficult on occasion, but he's not endangering the livelihood of another living creature.

Amanda again brings up that they don't know who the replacement will be, and she is leaning towards keeping Aaron since he is doing work that she knows she doesn't want to do. She also says that Aaron will likely be up every time so they can always get rid of them. She's basically trying to keep Aaron until someone else joins that doesn't mind doing the cooking.

Nikki says that Bella would be the easy vote out so she's wondering if she's shouldn't even bother to put Aaron up at all since she won't have any support for it. Amanda tends to agree that Bella has issues and would be an easy vote out. Bella apparently made a 'big fuss' to get paints in and then was playing chess rather than painting anything to sell. Nikki really seems to be having a hard time deciding who to vote for - I think she really wants Aaron gone the most, but she seems to also be considering who she would have support to get out and who they really don't need.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

Nikki and Red are now talking about all the issues with Aaron as Nikki continues to make her list of reasons to vote Aaron out. Red says that Aaron doesn't keep to a consistent schedule and needs to keep the kitchen open longer especially given the chore schedule. Red also says that they need a cook and not a chef. They need someone who can adapt to what the needs of the group are and the schedule.

I think we all know that Aaron is most definitely not a 'Chef' no matter how much he proclaims himself so (I still can't get past the treatment of the cast iron cook wear - people often bring cast iron camping as it does well over a campfire/direct flame and they aren't Chef's but still know how to care for it).  I have a hard time even calling him a 'cook' given his lack of knowledge and some of the slop he puts out. I've seen better cooking come out of a hospital cafeteria than what he feeds the group.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

They got their grocery delivery, which apparently includes 4 pounds of sour patch kids. I guess Aaron is a little miffed at Red since they came all bundled together rather than separated out into smaller batches. He also tried to tell Red that he said he wanted 32 ounces of them and not 4 pounds. Red insists he told him 4 pounds and Aaron basically backs off and drops it and it seems he did ask for 4lbs. Aaron is such a dipshit that he probably can't convert ounces to pounds properly anyway. What a great thing to spend their communal funds on.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

Nikki needs to decide what is more important at this time.  I understand that her food issues are at stake, but last night she and Ernesto were having a heart-to-heart and he voiced concern over Bri.  Apparently Bri told Ernesto that she would like to see Bella dead.  Ernesto told Bri not to say things like that, asking her "have you ever seen anyone die?"  To which Bri replied "yes."  That freaked Ernesto out and he told Nikki (in so many words) that Bri scares him.  Nikki's reply was "my gosh, what have I been sleeping next to?"  At that time, I was pretty sure Nikki wanted Bri out, but today she is back and forth between Bri and Aaron again.

• Love 6

If the cool kids club had half a brain cell to run together, they'd be pandering to every teeny-tiny thing the viewers want in order to keep the show on the airwaves...
  • Love 5

If the cool kids club had half a brain cell to run together, they'd be pandering to every teeny-tiny thing the viewers want in order to keep the show on the airwaves...

Although Red is not one of the cool kids, he has told them repeatedly that "America sees everything" yet they continue to ignore him.  In my opinion and much to my surprise and disdain, Red is emerging as the brain in this pathetic group of people.  

• Love 9

Nikki needs to decide what is more important at this time.  I understand that her food issues are at stake, but last night she and Ernesto were having a heart-to-heart and he voiced concern over Bri.  Apparently Bri told Ernesto that she would like to see Bella dead.  Ernesto told Bri not to say things like that, asking her "have you ever seen anyone die?"  To which Bri replied "yes."  That freaked Ernesto out and he told Nikki (in so many words) that Bri scares him.  Nikki's reply was "my gosh, what have I been sleeping next to?"  At that time, I was pretty sure Nikki wanted Bri out, but today she is back and forth between Bri and Aaron again.

Wow. Production clearly knew Bri had issues when they cast her since, as many of us have mentioned before, they definitely do all kinds of testing on these people - including psychological. Even if, for some strange reason, they didn't know quite the extent of her issues, they definitely know after she had this conversation with Ernesto. Given everything we've seen and heard her say related to harming the animals and to harming other Utopians, particularly Bella - she had all that talk about 'breaking her' to force Bella to evict herself and mentioned the whole 'Compton' thing and that she was no stranger to physical violence - but this conversation and stating that she wanted to see Bella dead takes things to a whole new level. Production needs to yank her. It seems as though the show is likely to be cancelled shortly anyway given the horrible ratings, but Fox and TPTB need to show that they can at least pretend to give a damn and yank her immediately. She is a true sociopath and needs to spend this year in intensive therapy rather than on some 'social experiment' piece of shit TV show that has gone terribly awry.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 8

Wow. Production clearly knew Bri had issues when they cast her since, as many of us have mentioned before, they definitely do all kinds of testing on these people - including psychological. Even if, for some strange reason, they didn't know quite the extent of her issues, they definitely know after she had this conversation with Ernesto. Given everything we've seen and heard her say related to harming the animals and to harming other Utopians, particularly Bella - she had all that talk about 'breaking her' to force Bella to evict herself and mentioned the whole 'Compton' thing and that she was no stranger to physical violence - but this conversation and stating that she wanted to see Bella dead takes things to a whole new level. Production needs to yank her. It seems as though the show is likely to be cancelled shortly anyway given the horrible ratings, but Fox and TPTB need to show that they can at least pretend to give a damn and yank her immediately. She is a true sociopath and needs to spend this year in intensive therapy rather than on some 'social experiment' piece of shit TV show that has gone terribly awry.

Yeah, there has to be some trumped up reason they can just pull her. That's close enough to serious threats that leaving Bri there seems a terrible idea that could go very wrong. It's just tv. Yank the woman and toss in some overly-idealistic college student who actually thinks they're trying to save the world through this experiment. I could enjoy mocking that instead of having that sick unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach.

• Love 6

It sounds like Aaron and Kristen are trying to assign some kind of monetary value to the duties that are done around the compound and then try to negotiate terms for those duties and how much they should be paid for them (how much of the group funds they may be entitled to).

As part of this, Aaron is trying to give Kristen a math lesson. Unfortunately, he thinks that 21 times 10 is 220. They are trying to figure out what to charge for the ‘chores’ and how to structure revenue and splitting profits for them or some such thing from what I can tell - I just switched to this feed so not entirely sure what is all being discussed. Kristen proves that she is also horrible at math (how can a so-called 'entrepreneur' be bad at math?). She doesn’t even know what Aaron means when he says that a portion ‘goes into the kitty’ and also somehow thinks that 15 times 21 is 200.  She just seems completely dense about running any kind of business and I haven’t seen her do anything that has added any value yet. She also mentioned that she doesn’t give a shit about milking Honey or any of the Cows since she’s not getting paid to do so. Bitch (sorry, I just had to add that in since anyone who doesn't 'give a shit' about animals that have done nothing to harm them or their situation just falls into that category for me).

They are also discussing the taxes that they would be charged on various business opportunities - Aaron says that the 'accountant' like Mike or Dede would figure out the taxes and take that off of the top, and they would maybe pay them something or they could negotiate that they do it for free. However, Aaron claims he doesn’t need an accountant since he knows how to do it himself (okay – how much is 21 times 10 again Aaron?) so he shouldn’t have to pay them any kind of fee.

Aaron is telling Kristen that the harder she works, the better the group does though they seem to think this is not fair and they should be able to keep more ‘personal’ funds out of any business ‘ideals’ they put out there (Aaron keeps calling them business ‘ideals’).

Kristen is saying that marketing, along with accounting, should generate a fee which would be payable to them as it’s part of the ‘infrastructure.’

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 7

And neither one of them has mentioned how well the job gets done. Just that it gets done. So I suppose Aaron will get paid even if he keeps 50% of what he cooks for himself and a friend. No matter if the other 13 people have to split what's left, (math that, Aaron), dietary restrictions be damned. He cooked so, he gets paid. Alrighty then.

So that must mean Bri gets paid even if she injures or kills the animals. Mike gets paid even if he steals off the top. Is Red going to start getting paid to roll cigarettes and pack the pipe? He does it quite often for most of these folks. He should get a little something for it, I would think. ;-)

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 6

I guess Rob loaned Bri his hoodie. He was pissed as he saw her smoking in it. He told Chris that he told her not to do that as he doesn't smoke and didn't want it to smell like smoke. Bri came up onto the deck where Rob and Chris were and Rob told her to do him a favor and not smoke in his hoodie. She said "Why not?" He said because he doesn't smoke and the smell makes him nauseous. She said "Oh." Just another example of how little she cares for anyone else's feelings.

They keep muting parts of this conversation, but it sounds like Chris told Rob that he broke up with Bri. He said she was really sad and that she apparently said that all she wanted was him and he said that she had him but that just made her more sad. That was pretty much it - Rob said "it is what it is, right?" They moved on to talking about chalk and other fascinating things. Clearly Bri really made an  impact on Chris...

• Love 6

It sounds like Aaron and Kristen are trying to assign some kind of monetary value to the duties that are done around the compound and then try to negotiate terms for those duties and how much they should be paid for them (how much of the group funds they may be entitled to).

As part of this, Aaron is trying to give Kristen a math lesson. Unfortunately, he thinks that 21 times 10 is 220. They are trying to figure out what to charge for the ‘chores’ and how to structure revenue and splitting profits for them or some such thing from what I can tell - I just switched to this feed so not entirely sure what is all being discussed. Kristen proves that she is also horrible at math (how can a so-called 'entrepreneur' be bad at math?). She doesn’t even know what Aaron means when he says that a portion ‘goes into the kitty’ and also somehow thinks that 15 times 21 is 200.  She just seems completely dense about running any kind of business and I haven’t seen her do anything that has added any value yet. She also mentioned that she doesn’t give a shit about milking Honey or any of the Cows since she’s not getting paid to do so.

They are also discussing the taxes that they would be charged on various business opportunities - Aaron says that the 'accountant' like Mike or Dede would figure out the taxes and take that off of the top, and they would maybe pay them something or they could negotiate that they do it for free. However, Aaron claims he doesn’t need an accountant since he knows how to do it himself (okay – how much is 21 times 10 again Aaron?) so he shouldn’t have to pay them any kind of fee.

Aaron is telling Kristen that the harder she works, the better the group does though they seem to think this is not fair and they should be able to keep more ‘personal’ funds out of any business ‘ideals’ they put out there (Aaron keeps calling them business ‘ideals’).

Kristen is saying that marketing, along with accounting, should generate a fee which would be payable to them as it’s part of the ‘infrastructure.’

LOL  Thanks, Rapunzel, that was delightful!  I wonder if the local Dollar Tree cashier would like to run out to Utopia and appear on tv--a two-pack of calculators is the same price as 2.5 oz. of Sour Patch.

I miss the olden days, when we could have a hearty snark at The Clueless Pioneers instead of worrying about whether Bri might strangle the newborn calf or stab Bella through the heart.

Edited by candall
  • Love 5

Kristen really is one of those young losers, isn't she?  She's got an overinflated sense of self, but I've known people (male and female) like her who are in "marketing" because they literally can't do anything else.

But yeah, Bri, Bri, Bri... they need her gone, and it sounds like the cast- either because of us, or inexplicably on their own- have come to realize "We... we can't keep her around".  We don't hear much from Ernesto- which is probably to his credit- but him sharing that story, with others having their own, should be a come to Jesus moment.  It's a bonus if they're even considering putting Aaron up for a vote as well- which he'll no doubt handle with his usual grace and measured maturity- but mostly we need Bri gone as soon as possible.  Even if the show is canceled the day afterwards, she needs to be ousted one way or another.  That production cabin isn't close enough to stop her from doing something rash in time.

• Love 4

They have this huge chalkboard separated into 15 squares with each of their names written in one. Rob is currently standing next to the board, but the voting has not yet begun.

Rob is stating that Ernesto asked to lead a prayer before they started voting and that is what they are doing now. I'm not really religious, but I thought Ernesto's prayer was brief and on point.

**I was adding the votes and updating this post as they came in, so I was making lots of edits/updates until the feeds cut.**

Rob is now saying that he hopes they give the process the respect that it deserves.

Rob has nominated Red. Not a surprise at all given the animosity between the two of them. Rob has said that things have been hard for Red given his food and family situation. He does acknowledge that Red has done more ‘in the last few days’ and he applauds that. He wishes he saw more of that Red. He can’t relate to the ‘angry’ Red and says that it brings the group down which is why he is voting for him. Josh is next.

Josh says he made his decision on economics and he has selected Bri (Yeah!).

Nikki is now up and she says that, when she considers how the group has been negatively impacted, she looked at three things – abuse of power, lies and failure to provide transparency. The group has benefited from his talents though they shouldn’t have placed their trust in him to keep them healthy. She has voted for Aaron.

Taylor is up – He says that someone has given up, and he is voting for Bella. She has not been herself the last few days and is bringing the group down.

Bella – this has not been her ‘Utopia’ and she says that in the beginning she was one of the hardest workers there. She has focused on painting now to make the group money. The group is brought down as there are hurtful comments made – she wants to build each other up. She compliments Josh on his work and ideas. She agrees with Taylor that she has been depressed recently. She says the group must come together and make money and there are a few that aren’t working as hard. She loves the person she is choosing, but they are not working as hard to make money for the group. She picks Bri  (Yeah!)

Hex – she’s written a damn speech which she is reading. She says that the group is ‘mimicking’ the same structures that they were supposed to leave behind. They are not experimenting. Some are focused on self-preservation. She votes for Red.

Chris – upset that they seem to keep having same conflicts over and over. Votes for Bella.

Bri – She has gone back and forth, can’t believe one of them will leave. She says this should be about unity and love and peace. She always hears conflict with the person she wants to go and always hears fighting with this person and can’t work with them and it divides the group. She votes for Bella.

Dede – Says that this place is pretty weird and focuses on the individual. In the past, societies have come together as groups. She feels there is someone that doesn’t really want to be part of the group therefore it can’t function properly. She votes for Red. Says it is difficult for her especially as she’s never had an issue with him – it’s purely due to the group.

Red – he is against the wasteful spending which is why he has  broken away from the group. They shouldn’t set that example for America. Aaron is a wonderful Chef but they need a Cook rather than a Chef. Cook should be up before others to make food. He votes for Aaron.

Kristen – person she is voting for doesn’t feel like this is her Utopia and not fair for her to be there anymore. Votes for Bella.

Ernesto – deciding based on business. Votes for Bri. (Yeah!)

Amanda – person pulling their weight the least is who she is voting for. Not a personal decision. She is voting for Bri. (Yeah!)

Mike – All of them entered into an 'implicit contract' at the start. Everyone needs to come together to succeed. He is fan of rebellion as it has done great things in the past. Needs to be done with thought and not just impulsiveness, however. Needs to be more thoughtful/deliberate. He thinks many things have been wasteful, especially by this person. He is voting for Red.

Aaron – Has enjoyed the last month there. Arguments and bickering are an issue for him and they affect the group. Some people are pressuring the group to do things. He did pros vs. cons, nothing personal, but everyday two people argued and appeared to not want to be there anymore. He votes for Bella.

My feeds have now cut - all 4 are just showing the front gate and nothing else.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

These people are absolute morons. Except Red. And possibly Hex. And to absolutely no surprise, Bri is not in any danger.

Edit: Under no circumstances will I be watching this drek on the TV Fox. Even if you kill the feed. Also, it's the 2nd time I've tuned into the feeds, ever. They have a lovely little piece of land.

Edited by areca
  • Love 2

What are they going to do? Mute them or cut away every time they start talking about the results? They'd be better off hoping people talked about the results. It's better a way to start some kind of social media buzz going than the latest round of please don't hurt the animals. Their feed viewership can't be so high the number of people watching are going to matter if they don't tune into the episode. They're not that close to dead air yet.

• Love 5

Hmmmmm......I wonder if this means that Bella and/or Bri went ballistic and started cutting people up with knives or sticking thumbtacks in everyone's jugular and production thinks its just too bloody for us to watch?

ETA:  I bet the 2 who voted for Aaron are having an "Oh Crap" moment!

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 6

Excellent summary, @Rapunzel !  

Rob came across as an ass.  Half-justifying his vote for Red as "struggles with missing his family" blahblahfishcakes, then says that if Red stays he hopes he'll be a better worker than he started out.  

Red, in comparison, showed a hell of a lot of class.  Not only didn't he get any digs in at Rob, but he explained his vote for Aaron in a way that wasn't insulting but also wasn't fake and smarmy.  Okay, maybe a little, with the, 'he'll have a great restaurant someday," but overall nicely handled.

Hex looked like she wrote a book report to read to the class.

Mike, yuck.  He spends half the time saying he doesn't like people separating from the group, and the other half basically saying he supports the idea of people doing exactly that.  He also says everyone entered into an implicit social contract, which I think is false.  They agreed to attempt to build a society - they didn't agree on doing it in any specific way, including any way that would require them to remain a single unit.  

Dede sounded like she thinks Utopia has no room for anyone who doesn't conform to the groupthink, but also thinks the world they left behind was odd with it's emphasis on the importance of individual and family units.  I really wouldn't like her idea of Utopia, methinks. 

I'll give Aaron a little bit of credit for not targeting Red out of spite for the vote, and for keeping his vote to what he seemed to have decided earlier.  He did sound like he was torn between choosing Red or Bella, and his vote at the end could have guaranteed Red a slot as one of the two up for elimination.  So credit to him for not being swayed.  Or maybe he just didn't do the math.  I guess there's always that.

I think I hate Taylor.  No special reason.  He just annoys me a lot.

Really, the way these people  talked about the reasoning for their votes - it was like Tribal Council on heavy tranquilizers.  

Since there's a tie between Red and Bri for second place, I think the mootopians should get the deciding vote.  We know which way they'd vote.  And Honey and Betsy are, as Dave would have said, indigenous to Utopia.  They should be eligible.

People who paid money for the extra feeds ought to be banging on Production's door for being cut off for whatever shenanigans are going on leading into the tiebreaker portion of the vote.

• Love 6

Aaron and Kristin have turned out to be even bigger morons than I thought.

It's unfortunate Bri did not get more votes. In any case, all this voting business is bound to cause tension on the compound in the coming days. When is the person who is to be ousted supposed to leave? Why not just keep broadcasting, as surely the live feed viewers can easily deduce who was voted out if they're not seen for a 24 hour period?

I find FOX's endless brigade of stupid decisions baffling. I don't watch the live feeds or even tune in to the show anymore, but even I feel somewhat outraged for those who do. You don't promise full transparency and 24/7 live feeds and then deliver a heavily censored edit that frequently cuts out.

• Love 9

I'm... confused.  This was the vote to pick the nominations, right- where the top two are in danger, joined by whomever we picked in the online vote (and in the case of the same person being in both, the next highest vote getter online becomes the 3rd nominee)?

Or was this, somehow, the actual vote?

Edited by hincandenza

Feeds came up for a brief second, Bella and several others were sitting on the porch laughing and Bri was crying on Rob's shoulder, then feeds went down again.  

Not sure how this voting process will be played out.  I think they will have to vote to break the tie for who will go up against Bella.  I don't know how the viewer's vote comes in though.  

• Love 1

The feeds are still cut, but at least now instead of showing the entrance gate, they are showing the new, little Mootopian sleeping in her bed of hay. She really is adorable. Every time I see her though I'm reminded of how much  I loathe Bri and that they need to get her out of there. If she's not voted out (and looks like she probably won't be this go round) they could simply say there was a family/personal situation or emergency that she needed to tend to and get her out of there without stating the real cause or causing her or her family any embarrassment or whatever.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

They could simply say there was a family/personal situation or emergency that she needed to tend to and get her out of there without stating the real cause or causing her or her family any embarrassment or whatever.

That ship has already sailed! I think you meant to say without causing Bri's family any more embarrasment. ;)

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 9

I could be wrong, but when this whole train wreck of a show started I thought that the original plan was for the Utopians to put up the two for elimination and then for the viewers to vote out which of the two would go. I could also possibly have that reversed - viewers put up the two for elimination and then the Utopians voted which of the two would leave. The 'rules' have just been so fluid and changed so often that I have no idea how any of this is supposed to work anymore.

That ship has already sailed! I think you meant to say without causing Bri's family any more embarrasment. ;)

Yes - excellent point Rahul! I really feel for anyone related to her or that even remotely knows her...

• Love 2

Did the producers not consider what to do for a tie or did they just not like the result? Either way they seem like they're running around with their hair on fire. I'd so watch a feed of the producers freaking out. That'd be way more interesting than the Utopians. 

• Love 2

What the Hell? Apparently Bri ended up being one of the two up for replacement, however Red offered to take her place?

ETA: Ok, thank goodness America voted for Bri so she is one of the three up for replacement. The three are Red, Bella, and Bri. Why on Earth would Red volunteer though? If Bri were one of the original two selected by the Utopians, then does that mean that America's second choice would have been the third?

Rob is telling the group that they'll have to take another vote (to vote out one of the three, I believe), so I guess that's how they've amended the rules at least for the time being.

If Red ends up being voted out they need to remove the cows along with him. There is no way they will be properly cared for if left to the remainder of the asshats. Red is currently asking the group if anyone else wants to 'learn the animals' as I think he knows if he gets voted out someone will have to step up and no one really knows how. Unfortunately it's not just a lack of knowledge that is the problem - no one wants to or is capable of getting off of their lazy ass and doing it right.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 2