Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Basically his response back to me was:

@AshBrosseau @ladybug245 They can't sell the barn either. They don't own the cows or the barn. The need to make money not sell stuff we gave

So I'm can take this one of two ways; either they don't own the cows (and perhaps production doesn't own the cows either and are loaners from a local dairy farmer) or they just want to keep them around to force them to deal with a situation they can't handle so that they don't make "easy money" (plus it keeps up the drama between Bri and the rest of the cast).

Hi, glad i found this forum. I'am from the dutch Utopia Forum and i try to watch the live streams thru a proxy. Sadley i can't get a premium pass. they simpley reject my payment. In the discussion for selling the cows, it was the same in the Neteherlands and now they make chees form the milk and also there is a little one born. What they did was fix the tractor and sell that one. So John, they did sell stuff.

Edited by marco 900
  • Love 7
Last night Hex went off!  They were drinking (Chris' birthday) outside and she apparently can't hold her liquor.

You know, assuming this isn't scripted, that girl has a genuine problem with alcohol.  I had hoped the first-night drunk was rarity, but if she's drinking again so soon after needing medical help for her over-consumption just a couple of weeks ago, then there's something wrong.  I hope she gets help for it, because when she's sober she usually seems like a pretty good person.  

• Love 3

9/16/2014     Tuesday

Utopia approved Youtube live stream for Canadians and others who can't get the Utopia.com live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aOi4VN4ciA

7:00 AM - Red's up and trying to fix the tractor.

Around 7:30 Kristen is seen heading for the barn.  Soon after Mike joins Red and tries to help with the tractor.

The morning barn crew is finally on the job.  Bri, Hex, Kristen, and Rob.  The milking station still doesn't have a feeder so the cows still aren't able to eat while being milked and won't stand still.  Kristen reports she had a half full bucket of milk before the cow kicked it over, then she got a couple more inches of milk in the bucket before a fly kamikazed into that so now she has to start over again.

It's almost 9 AM before Josh finds Kristen and starts questioning her about yesterday's grocery order.  She denies knowing anything about it and tells him if there's been a mistake he needs to talk to Aaron about it.  Aaron is watching from the doorway, can't tell if he can hear them or not.  He keeps running inside and then popping up outside to watch some more.  I think he's trying to figure out if Josh really knows what happened or if he's just guessing.  In the meantime I'm betting he's trying to hide evidence.

The problem is, and it took some really dedicated and eagle eyed feedsters to put it together, but Aaron knew enough to ask the grocer to put the bulk of the food on one receipt and the really questionable stuff on another.  Mike was at the gate to pay for the order, but he said nothing.  He has to know what's up, but as he's said before, he just doesn't care anymore.  However, this really shouldn't deter someone who is determined to find the truth.  It's easy enough to use the one receipt for the bulk order and point out that it comes to less money than Mike paid out.  Aaron kept the second receipt, but the first one is in the ledger in the safe.

Aaron and Josh are having it out about the receipts.  Josh should never try to interrogate someone again.  Aaron is talking circles around him.  Aaron has now made the whole thing look like Josh is mad that Aaron didn't buy charcoal, things are skewed because Josh and Nikkie got involved in something they knew nothing about, they have placed orders in the past without having to defend themselved the way poor Aaron has to.  Anything extra that someone finds is probably something that was placed on a past order and no one keeps track of this stuff.  And he brings up the food tax.  California doesn't have a tax on food, but it seems that no one there knows that.

Mike and Dede are watching.  Again, Mike knows the truth but he won't speak up.  Amanda heard Aaron and Kristen planning to skim from the group funds, but she won't involve herself publicly.  She'll go from person to person for private talks, she'll form a group and send them out to do her bidding, but she won't come out into the open in front of all the Utopians at once.

This is going to end up with people thinking it's all Josh and Nikkie causing trouble.

Aaron is on a roll.  He's calling Josh a racist again.  Yesterday Josh made a comment about how Kristen follows Aaron around all day, and Aaron managed to turn that into Josh insinuating that they had a master and slave thing going on.  Kinda funny when Aaron likes to go around without his shirt on and he often wears a chain link necklace.  Actually, Josh was complaining that Kristen does very little work and follows Aaron around the rest of the time.

Nikkie steps up to say she was there and Josh said no such thing.  Does anybody see that Aaron is so defensive and OTT because he's guilty of stealing and is trying to find another target to blame?  Bueller?

Production's getting involved.  Dede just told Mike to she needs to see the ledger and "they want to see you".  She sits down to study the ledger while Mike goes to the Transmission Room.

Amanda's trying to talk to Aaron, but he's sticking to his talking points.  She tells him she hasn't seen racism from Josh, but he might be uncomfortable or 'a bit prejudiced' about black people, but finishes off with she doesn't think Josh is racist.  (Thanks Amanda.  While sort of defending Josh you just gave Aaron enough so that he can use that to believe what he already wants to believe.)

Aaron goes to Hex to tell his side of the story.  Hex buys it because she doesn't like Josh anyway.

10:30 AM - Josh is working on the kitchen counters.  His circular saw has finally woken birthday boy Chris up.  How's that hangover there, buddy?  Bri goes to talk to him.  She wants to get back together.  He's being a dick.  He's got the attitude that he's better than her because she's been having sex all over Utopia almost every night she was there.  The fact that she was having all that sex with him doesn't mean a thing.

Bri doesn't have the sense to be offended or hurt.  She merely keeps trying to get Chris back.  She even offers him a birthday bj.  The conversation seems to be over now but I'm sure he'll take her up on that before the day's over.  I'm pretty sure that Bri measures her value to men by how attracted to her they are.  If they have sex with her she's a ten, but if they don't want to do it again she starts thinking that her value is dropping.  She acts (to me) like she wants every man to want her, and once she has sex with them she wants them to keep wanting her until she decides to move on. 

Dede's been studying the ledger for over an hour now and is pacing while thinking hard.  Aaron keeps popping up in the background to stare at her.  Amanda goes to Dede to talk to her and Dede asks Amanda if she still wants to look at the receipts.  Aaron stands between them as if that's going to help somehow.  Amanda doesn't want to see the receipts and leaves.  Aaron follows her and whispers "All good?"  Amanda shrugs and walks off.

Just after 11:00 AM - Mike's back from Production and he and Dede sneek off to the bushes like a couple of teenagers.  I had no idea accounting was so stimulating!

Around 11:30 feeds suddenly switch to show Josh walking up to Kristen and demanding to know why she and Aaron are making up stories about him and calling him a racist.  I bet Amanda clued him in, but don't know for sure.  Kristen says that Josh is jealous of her spending her time with Aaron.  Aaron jumps in and the fight is on.  Aaron is repeating the lies he's been telling, still insisting they're the truth.  Josh accuses Aaron being upset that Josh is a harder worker and more of a leader than Aaron is. 

Aaron completely loses it and starts screaming, walking all over the place, gesticulating wildly.  He accuses Josh of trying to make him look bad in front of his family.  Hex is trying to defend Aaron.  Josh realizes this is going nowhere, walks off and goes back to work.  Aaron, Kristen, and Hex stay behind to bond over some more Josh bashing.

During the fight Dede was in the barn (seriously, the shouting can be heard in the distance) explaining to Red and Taylor how her polygamous life works.  Dede lives with her main partner, and her girlfriend lives with her main partner.  The two guys are friends but don't have sex.  Dede sleeps sometimes with her girlfriends main partner, and sometimes with her girlfriend.  Dede's girlfriend sleeps with both the men and Dede.  And Dede also sometimes dates other people as well.  She knows how that's going to make a lot of people think of her, but it's the right way for her to live and...  I got bored.

Aaron is talking to Amanda, completely lying about everything, painting Josh as a gay lying racist and Aaron as the heroic victim whose only real concern is that his family and his community don't think badly of him because of Josh's lies.  Amanda knows better, she's been involved in this since the beginning and pulling strings from the background, but she sits and agrees with everything Aaron says.  (I think she reminds me of Moghedien from the Wheel of Time.)

Eric, the one who did the bootcamp with Aaron, calls (Wait, we can call them?  What's the number?)  He talks to Kristen and asks why the sink still isn't working.  She tells him that they're waiting on some plumbing parts and silicone and he says he's coming back on the weekend and he'll help them.  After she hangs up the phone, Kristen smugly tells Taylor "See how I do that?  I got this guy to come help with the sink.  Ha ha ha!"  Taylor replies "F*** him!" and Kristen starts to laugh, then comically remembers the live feeds and tries to smooth it over.  Something about having a place to wash their hands, cleanliness, etc.  Taylor's not that bright and just looks disgruntled.

(Note:  Eric was watching the live feeds during and after the conversation, and he went to the Utopia chat room to complain.  He's going to call back tomorrow but he says he will insist on talking to Nikkie or Hex.  I wonder if he'll be allowed to do that, or if he really comes to help.  <rubs hands>  Excellllent!)

1:20 PM - the budget meeting has finally started.  Dede has good news.  She's in charge of finances now.  She averaged out all the grocery bills and everything's fine.  She didn't go over the last order in detail or check it's total with the amount of money that was paid out, she just averaged out the grocery bills.  (How the hell does that accomplish anything? I think she's either covering for Mike, or she's been ordered by Production to shut that line of questioning down because Aaron has done such a swell job of accusing Josh of racism and that's much easier to make a storyline out of for TV.  Place your bets now.)

They move on to their food budget.  From now on, the budget allows for $13 per week per person.  Everyone will get the same portion size as everyone else, despite how hard they work (or not).  Aaron will continue to be in charge of cooking, with Kristen to assist.  Breakfast will be at 9 AM and dinner will be served at 7 AM.  I have no faith that any of this will happen with Aaron in charge of the food.

Nikkie says that their portion sizes are too small, Aaron needs to cook more food.  Mike wants Aaron to start cooking breakfast every day.  He wants a menu created for each day.  No one speaks up, probably because they don't want Aaron to go off on them next.  Meeting breaks up with nothing being decided.

Rob is stunned.  He says "We just talked in circles for half an hour.  Nothing was done.  What the f*** just happened?"

Aaron is already back to retelling his version of events.  No one questions him.  Josh has now been assured that there was nothing wrong with the grocery order and he goes to apologize to Aaron for causing trouble.  Aaron's in heaven right now. 

Josh moves on to apologize to Kristen now.

By 2:30 the exterminator arrives with the bug bags.  Starts to hang them up around the place.

Just after 5, Bri reports a chicken is acting strangely and she's worried it's going to die.  Bella wants to feed it dandilions, says that'll do the trick.  Red looks at it and says it's fine.  Bri panics because she doesn't want any more grief over the animals and goes to call the vet for an emergency visit.  They were already coming for a consult on how to take better care of the cows.

Taylor, who has been slamming Josh every chance he gets, is now mad that Josh won't let him use his tools.  Josh is still working on the kitchen and Taylor wants to work on his chair that's taking two days to finish because Taylor isn't half the construction guy that Josh is.  I have no doubt that Taylor has worked in construction for a few years, but Josh is in his 40's and has worked in construction for a lot longer.

Just after 5:30 PM the vets arrive.  The say that Production is paying them to come by daily for a few days to train the Utopians on animal care.  Then they point out that now that Bri's declared an emergency the free consultation has just turned into a $125 emergency visit, plus $18 to check on a chicken that wasn't part of the original deal.

Chris interrupts to tell them to come back on the weekend and come see him at the kissing booth.  Yes, you read that right.  One of the weekend festivities that Kristen came up with was a kissing booth.

I know the vet (Darlene)  is just a few years out of vet school, and very pretty, but I doubt paying $40 to come and kiss Chris is high on her list of priorities.

Darlene is all business.  She wants others to take part with the animal care because Bri isn't cutting it.  She starts a milking lesson, and it's no surprise that they've been doing it wrong.

lol, they're trying to start the tractor and ask the vets for a jump.  They don't have jumper cables so Red jumps in the drivers seat while Nikkie push starts the tractor.  It fires up for a few seconds then Red floods the tractor by pulling on the choke.  I don't think Red knows what he's doing.

Some of them gather and are really upset that Bri called the vet over the chicken.  Rob wants to know why they're spending so much money on a chicken they could just kill and eat.  Red agrees.  (I almost have to admit it, but I agree with them a little bit.  When we bought one of my kids a pet mouse and it almost immediatly took ill we spent $65 on vet bills before it died.  It all happend so fast that it took us a day to realize we'd just spent all that money on a $2.50 mouse that we had for less than two days.  I blame parents not wanting their kid to cry and a vet for looking at the dollar signs.  We should have had the mouse euthanized and stopped by another pet store to bring home a healthy mouse instead.)

It's past 7 and no dinner.  Is anyone surprised?  Oh, only half an hour late and venison stew is produced.  Too bad Aaron and Kristen each had a bowl before calling the others to dinner.  And while they eat, Aaron announces that he's frying up the chicken he bought just for himself and he and Kristen will be eating that instead.  He proceeds to do so while he and Kristen ooze smugness.  No reaction from the others, I don't think they want to provoke another Aaron rant.

The ladies are putting on a Girlapalooza or something to celebrate Chris's birthday.  They're doing a burlesque show, but not going totally nude.  I don't think Chris deserves it but they're all bored.

Whoo hoo!  Look at Bella go!  She's letting loose and having fun tonight.  She finishes off by giving Josh a kiss.  Awkward!  Now Nikkie is up and doing her thing.  She's pretty good too!  Kristen came out and all she did was take off her hat, drop it on the ground, and walk off.  She knew she was outclassed.  Bri and Hex did a good job for being new at it.  It helps that they're both young and pretty.

Dede came out and got a little more sexy then planned, and the focus of her act seemed to be directed at Chris.  She's spending time with Mike, but also has the hots for Chris.  Funny, Dede was the one who was cautioning the other women from being too sexy.  Is her idea of 'too sexy' that much different from the others, or was she trying to steal the show?  Or steal Chris?  Mike didn't seem happy, but birthday boy sure was.

After the show, Chris remarks that he's glad he wore underware tonight. 

Chris gets his birthday letters from home and the audio cuts out.

Bri is pissed that Chris enjoyed Dede's performance so much.  Hex is also complaining about Dede telling them to tone it down and then goes all out.  I can't keep track of who is interested in who these days.

Later, Chris is laying down with Hex on one side and Dede on the other.  Bri comes and plonks down between Hex and Chris and while she's shooting death stares at Hex, Dede is rubbing Chris's leg on the other side.  Dede gets up to go, but before she leaves she rubs her foot down his leg one last time.

Josh is trying to get close to Nikkie while Bella looks on jealously.  Mike comes over and lays his head in Nikkie's lap while Josh is giving Nikkie a backrub.  Dede comes over to get Mike back.  Bella is trying to set fire to all of them with her eyes.

Aaron and Kristen are off planning on making Nikkie their next target.  Aaron says he has a heavy workload and Nikkie complaining about him just makes it worse.  (I think that now that he's got Josh to back down he's going for the other person who tries to call him out.)

Hex is drunk again, they brought out the other bottle of tequila.  She's fighting with an also drunk Taylor about how he's not as good of a fighter as he thinks.  (I think it's because there was some talk about him being an Ultimate Fighter, or he wants to be one.)  Sounds like she dated a 'real' Ultimate Fighter and she's calling Taylor an amature.  They don't make a lot of sense.  Chris gets involved and the audio drops.

Hex is saying she's going to leave.  She's talked about how she has an alcohol problem before and how she didn't like how she acted when she drank.  She had to promise not to drink in Utopia and yet she did the very first night, and had to be taken to the hospital due to getting so sick.  Last night she drank with Chris because he kept asking her to share his tequila with him, but because he kept most of it for himself she maintained control.  But tonight she was off the rails.  Even as drunk as she is, she knows that this isn't something she wants and she thinks that leaving Utopia would be the better option.

10:30 PM - Bri and Chris have left the group so she can give him his birthday present.  <cough> bj <cough>  Their after-talk is pretty disgusting, the only thing I'll repeat is Chris remarked that Mike won the bet (on whether Chris would get back with Bri in time to collect his birthday 'present').

Hex has been called to meet with Production.  Amanda has already gone to bed, and Aaron and Kristen are scheming together in the kitchen area, but the rest are still outside talking about what just went down.

Aaron is in the kitchen is sitting at the counter Josh made, talking loudly and banging on the counter, when Bri and Chris come in he tells them to be quiet because Amanda is sleeping.

Just after midnight Hex returns.  She's with Rob and Taylor on the dock.  Taylor makes a stupid remark about how Hex owes him 'makeup sex' for the fight they had, if Hex doesn't actually leave.  Rob starts in on Taylor for that remark, and feeds change.

It's past 1 AM and Red and Taylor are picking flowers to give to Hex in the morning.

Red's talking about how his wife is coming to visit either Wednesday or Thursday and he'll pick another bouquet for her, too.

I'm sure there's no Production involvement here [/sarcasm], but it's after 1 AM and Red just suddenly got the urge to go to the dock and look under it.  He finds a boogie board and one of those hooks that you'd use to fish a drowning person out of the water.  Would a boogie board be of any use on a still pond?  Is that why Chris kept talking about wanting to get a jet ski for the pond?  I don't think that things big enough to use a jet ski on.

G'night!

• Love 12

The ability to call the Utopians is cracking me up.  According to Jokers, Red answered the phone and was told by someone who was Facebook friends with one of their visitors, that someone is stealing food!  Will Red do anything about it?  Red reportedly then began checking receipts.

Edited by RedheadZombie
I'm sure there's no Production involvement here [/sarcasm], but it's after 1 AM and Red just suddenly got the urge to go to the dock and look under it.  He finds a boogie board and one of those hooks that you'd use to fish a drowning person out of the water.  Would a boogie board be of any use on a still pond?  Is that why Chris kept talking about wanting to get a jet ski for the pond?  I don't think that things big enough to use a jet ski on.

That just seemed so incredibly random it had to be production.  It's the equivalent of Josh "suddenly" prying up the floorboards of the barn and finding a hula hoop and a first aid-kit.  WTF ?

Aaron and Josh arguing.: http://youtu.be/44bR97ct74k

Found this snippet of Aaron and Josh's argument on YouTube. It's amazing to me how Aaron manages to spin the entire argument. And of course Amanda is right there fueling him in the passive aggressive manner Zahdii has been describing since the beginning. I do have to commend Rob for trying to help but he's not going to get anywhere with Aaron.

This clip begins with a pretty lengthy discussion between Amanda and Aaron basically stating that white people can't discuss race without sounding racist! I hate the argument that black people can't be racist or similarly that only white people are racist. Aaron tries to spin Josh calling him out on being lazy a racist statement...really you can't be a lazy or hard worker without it somehow being a reflection of your race. Yet it's perfectly ok for Aaron to make discriminatory gay comments about Josh and call him a sexual predator, etc. I really can't stand Aaron and Kristen at this point. I bet a few of the "pioneers" are wishing they had kept Rhonda now.

• Love 7

Geesh, it must be exhausting to be Aaron because it is exhausting just listening to him.  I didn't like Josh the first day or two, but Aaron is making me like Josh more and more.  And I had to laugh at Amanda as the self-appointed referee for the argument--"you're off topic guys, you were arguing about race,"  and "no name calling."  As if she and Aaron are one big, mean fighting team.  Josh works rings around the three of them--Amanda, Aaron and Kristen and I haven't seen him sneak anything for himself like Aaron and Kristen have been doing.

Edited by 4leafclover

marco 900 - Welcome and thanks for sharing what went on in Utopia Netherlands!  I've been curious how our Utopia: USA compared with U: Netherlands.  Not sure if this is the proper place to discuss though.

Have we seen/heard anything about "White Tantra"?  I'm assuming that is a Nikkie thing.

• Love 1

Okay, I mean on the one hand I think it's despicable what Aaron is doing with Kristen against Josh and others- and that these idiots are too dumb to realize how they're all manipulating each other- but I thought the thin wall was there so that people wouldn't, oh for example, call up and say "Yeah, so and so is talking shit about you right now by the barn".  We have literally no pretense of isolation or self-sufficiency at this point; people coming and going, phone calls direct to cast members, experts brought in daily at production expense to basically do their work for them... what the hell, Kroll and de Mol?  This isn't even Outdoor Big Brother, because Big Brother at least doesn't have people checking their Facebook feeds and getting into Tumblr flame wars by week 3.

Taylor's gone down a notch while Josh continues to mostly rise in my eyes, and while I still respect her, I'm sad to see Hex still has a drinking problem I think being here will help. Call me crazy, but maybe y'all should stop spending your dwindling funds on more alcohol?  Rob, while still a hothead and tempermental from what I can tell, has been working hard and kudos on him for standing up for people on multiple occasions per these recaps.

What an absolute waste of a show idea on these clowns.

• Love 3

Also now I know that Chris and Bri aren't really 'together', they were holding hands and walking into the 'woods' for the bj.  I wish I didn't know that.  Heh

The BJ details get more in depth, but Zahdii has far too much class to spell it out (unlike the person I learned this from).

The master slave talk was about Kristen joined at the hip with Aaron???  I had no idea.  He kept going on about Josh talking about slavery to a black man, how dare he, etc. Aaron is so full of shit I can hardly believe it. I missed dinner.  He and Kristen did chicken right in front of them without a smidgen of conscience.  Unbelievable.  I loathe those two.

Those with feeds know a whole lot more than I do, but there was something I read on Jokers that may have contributed to this situation.  I am not defending Aaron, I dislike him more and more.  Apparently, Josh made a crack that he hopes the next woman who walks in does not like black guys.  Aaron took it badly.  Next, Josh said what most racist people say - I can't be racist, I have black friends. Now I haven't read anything that tells me that Josh is racist, but when combined with his drunken assumption that the black woman (Amanda) should make up his bed for him,  I think Josh isn't as aware as he could be.

• Love 2

(Note:  Eric was watching the live feeds during and after the conversation, and he went to the Utopia chat room to complain.  He's going to call back tomorrow but he says he will insist on talking to Nikkie or Hex.  I wonder if he'll be allowed to do that, or if he really comes to help.  <rubs hands>  Excellllent!)

The ability to call the Utopians is cracking me up.  According to Jokers, Red answered the phone and was told by someone who was Facebook friends with one of their visitors, that someone is stealing food!  Will Red do anything about it?  Red reportedly then began checking receipts.

I can't decide if having this much outside interference is wrong (my Big Brother instincts) or hilarious.

It is frustrating to see Utopians stealing from each other and getting away with it (OK, it was Aaron this time, but Red and various others in previously) so maybe this will cause them to have more of a checks and balances in place.

• Love 2

Rob going over a list of all the dishes they could have made with that chicken.

Didn't Bubba do that in Forrest Gump?

Kristen reports she had a half full bucket of milk before the cow kicked it over, then she got a couple more inches of milk in the bucket before a fly kamikazed into that so now she has to start over again

ONE FLY? No. Just no. I would strain it out and tell no one.

When we bought one of my kids a pet mouse and it almost immediatly took ill we spent $65 on vet bills before it died.  It all happend so fast that it took us a day to realize we'd just spent all that money on a $2.50 mouse that we had for less than two days.  I blame parents not wanting their kid to cry and a vet for looking at the dollar signs.  We should have had the mouse euthanized and stopped by another pet store to bring home a healthy mouse instead.)

that story is better than anything that happened on the show! (sounds like something I would do)

:

Zahdii--what would we do without you?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2
It is frustrating to see Utopians stealing from each other and getting away with it (OK, it was Aaron this time, but Red and various others in previously) so maybe this will cause them to have more of a checks and balances in place.

I find it more funny than frustrating at this point. They were tossed in there to deal with their own shit and make something happen. They're not dealing, so stuff just keeps going more and more wrong as the less savory types take advantage of the chaos. I keep wondering if they'll manage to deal before they all get sent home because not enough of us are watching to keep this thing going. My money's on sent home first.

• Love 1

Bella's irrigation system was delivered, along with the bill for $175. The Utopians at the gate were pretty angry that she just went ahead and ordered this without clearing it with everyone. I believe it was Aaron, Mike, Dede, Josh, and Hex who were around. Hex says she maybe would have voted for this. The others say there's no way they should buy stuff like that until they start making profits. Mike told the delivery guy that the delivery was a mistake and sent him back on his way. They think Bella saw this go down (or at least knew to expect the irrigation system to be delivered today) and they are expecting a fight from Bella later. They think only Bella and Nicki care about an irrigation system. Mike is talking about getting Bella to leave. A lot of them have had it with her. They said she was also talking about ordering art supplies with seemingly any budget she likes.

• Love 4
It's a water filtration system.  Bella says she has a thyroid problem, Nikki and Amanda also wanted it.

Anyone who has a medical issue so severe that they can't drink water with fluoride should not have signed up for this show.   

We're not talking about contaminated well water, it's regular tap water that's been treated.   I know some people are concerned that long-term exposure might cause health problems, but I don't know it to be the case.  

I'm not sure what these people expected, it seems that they want all kinds of amenities and luxuries that go against the idea of the show.   Even ordering cakes and booze for birthdays -   can't they COOK a celebratory meal instead?  

The network is selling it as people starting from scratch, creating a society, fending for themselves, like the pioneers did. 

The participants heard 'Utopia"  and thought - a place where I can get all the sex and booze I want, and party all day and night.  

• Love 3

Anyone who has a medical issue so severe that they can't drink water with fluoride should not have signed up for this show.

Amen to that!  And those who are pregnant shouldn't have signed up either (imo).  Most of these people come off as spoiled, entitled children who simply wanted a year off from living under their parent's roof.  As much as I hate to say this and as bad as it tastes in my mouth, Red seems to be the only one who could live in that environment and still have a good portion of that money left at the end of the year.  I don't begrudge them the refrigerator or the stove and the "furniture" seems to be simple and cheap enough but the alcohol, the organic food, the fresh produce requirements and the emergency vet bill for the depressed chicken just screams "irresponsible" and/or "frivolous."  

• Love 6

That's good to hear. Couldn't they do the same with goat milk?

No, it's nearly impossible to make goat butter because the fat molecules are so much smaller. You can do it, but it's a damn labor of love for very little return. Also, your types of cheese are quite limited with goat milk, it's just not as versatile as cow milk. Certainly tasty! But quite a bit harder to do anything with other than drink or cook. Edited by areca
  • Love 5

There's barely any overlap in the Venn diagram between the feeds and the tv show.  (If you can believe it, about a quarter of the show was devoted to the sad departure of the camp's beloved father figure, Pastor Jon.)

Before reading these posts about Hex yelling at people, I was really surprised to see her, on the show, pitching a fit about the chickens producing inedible "poop eggs."  She shouts at Bella, "THEY CAN'T EAT POOP!  IT'S JUST COMMON SENSE!  YOU'RE AN ADULT!  TAKE CARE OF IT!"  The level of outrage--and the stupidity--seemed uncharacteristic and bizarre.

• Love 2

Before reading these posts about Hex yelling at people, I was really surprised to see her, on the show, pitching a fit about the chickens producing inedible "poop eggs."  She shouts at Bella, "THEY CAN'T EAT POOP!  IT'S JUST COMMON SENSE!  YOU'RE AN ADULT!  TAKE CARE OF IT!"  The level of outrage--and the stupidity--seemed uncharacteristic and bizarre.

It's almost like some of these Topes are being fed lines about what to say and do via earwigs in order to stir up drama.  That outburst by Hex did seem completely out of character for her.

I'm just hoping that Hex figures out Taylor and decides to stop Tex/Haylor in its tracks.  I don't like Taylor much.

• Love 1

It's almost like some of these Topes are being fed lines about what to say and do via earwigs in order to stir up drama.  That outburst by Hex did seem completely out of character for her.

I'm just hoping that Hex figures out Taylor and decides to stop Tex/Haylor in its tracks.  I don't like Taylor much.

"Topes."  Hee!

Yeah, I don't think Taylor's going to step up the camp's integrity ratio.  But it's cute that closed captioning refers to him as "Sailor."

Mike is making voodoo dolls. Seriously.  

Yay!  Bella seems to have forgotten all about the aliens--bring on the voodoo dolls.

But, wait. . .isn't Mike the NYC attorney?  Oh well, even better.

Edited by candall

9/17/2014     Wednesday

Note:  I'd heard that the replacement for Jon was arriving today, but sadly not.  Still a lot goes on, though.

By 7:00 AM Amanda is up taking a shower and Rob has moved the cows to the pasture.  It takes almost half an hour before he's joined by Red and Taylor to start the morning barn chores.  Red mostly supervises.

By 7:30 AM Aaron is up making breakfast!  Someone needs to take a screenshot of that.  He's making bacon, eggs, and biscuits.

By 8, Bella has made a sign advertising the Utopian Experience.  She has very pretty handwriting.  Not long after that Hex wakes up.  She's still hungover from last night and her face is swollen.  She looks awful.

It's 8:30 before someone comes to milk the cows - it's Bri!  Rob comments that it's about time she did something as she forgot to put them up last night and he had to do it.

Right then breakfast is ready.  The biscuits are burned and there's only a tiny amount of thin white gravy to go with them.  Aaron defends himself by saying he didn't have enough time to prepare.

Hex talks to Rob, says she's thinking of leaving.  Rob tells her he'd like her to say and give it more time.

Not long after a group of them gather and start laughing about "the Other Show" they got last night, meaning Bri's loudness while she was giving Chris his 'birthday present'.  They joke that she was so loud she scared the local wildlife.  They wonder what would happen if her boyfriend came to visit.  Mike says she was writing him a letter just last night.  They talk about how Bri doesn't want her mom to visit, and wonder what her mother thinks about her behavior.  They say that Bri's family has a huge house and a lot of money.

Kristen is sitting on the dock calling food truck vendors.  She wants them to come to Utopia for the weekend to feed the scores of hungry fans she anticipates coming to the Utopian Experience.  Some of the vendors won't even talk to her, others refer her to their website, and others say they're already booked for the weekend.

Hex is snuggling with Taylor while he tells her what happened last night.  She doesn't remember a lot of it.  He says he was worried she'd hit him and it would get all over TV.  Hex laughs, and wonders why she acts like that when she's drunk.  (This is the second time she's had an alcohol blackout.  I hope the producers put her on a no alcohol probation.)

Amanda's been going around asking people what business ideas they have if they were to get another $5000 startup money.  Most of the ideas are pretty silly, but Josh says he could make crates like the one's Production gave them to keep their personal effects in.  He says they're 'iconic' and he could make them for $20 and probably get $60 or more for them.  He could even make them special order.

Just before noon Kristen remarks to Red that she's done for the afternoon because she's been on the phone all day.  She goes to Aaron and tells him about her calls.  So far no food trucks, although she's waiting for two them to return her messages.  The photo booth guy was booked.  She talked to an art studio for some event she wants to hold in the future.  She called the newspaper but they hung up on her.  She got Jenny (the first visitor who came to take a yoga class) to agree to call the newspaper for her and some radio stations as well.

Back to Hex and Taylor.  They're laying in the shade together.  Taylor says he needs to get the address here so his mom could write to him.  He hopes she's not too disappointed in his drunken behavior.  She's only ever seen him drunk once before and that was on his 21st birthday.

If ever a situation on this show deserves to be called "-----gate", this is it.  Starting with a mysterious phone call to one of the few people in Utopia to scratch beneath the surface to expose the grimy underbelly of Aaron and Kristen; the dogged persistence to get to the truth in the face of apathy; and the sure and certain knowledge that nothing will ever be the same again...

Welcome to Receiptgate, or you can name it the -----gate of your choice.

This is just what happened between the hours of noon and 2:00 PM:

Just after noon, Red is standing with Aaron and Kristen when the phone rings and he answers it.  He listens, then walks away.  Aaron and Kristen look at each other and kind of shrug.

Red goes to Mike and Dede, tells them he got a crazy phone call a minute ago from a mysterious person <cough>Deep Throat<cough> who said they were facebook friends with either Ben or Eric (two of the visitors to Utopia - Ben took yoga and Eric took the bootcamp).  The caller told Red to be careful because Aaron and Kristen were stealing.  Told him to check the receipts.

Red gets the receipts and tells Mike and Dede he wants to get to the truth before accusing anyone of anything.

Red goes to Hex and Taylor who are sitting on the dock.  Red starts to tell them about this 'mystery' he's trying to figure out and feeds switch.  Switch back again and the word is spreading fast as Amanda is let in on the secret.

Red is now talking to Nikkie.  He wants to find out what each person ordered and subtract those items from the receipt.  They need to do some cross-referencing.  They're starting to spot problems with the receipts.  Nikki fills in Bri, Chris, and Dede on what they've learned so far.

Nikki and Red are looking at the receipts and checking the pantry and fridge.  Nikkie comes to the conclusion that he didn't order enough food to last until Monday, which is what Aaron told everyone he did.  Nikkie and Red decide that Aaron's not allowed to order food anymore.  They agree that they'll do the ordering together.

They talk to Aaron, point out rotting veggies in the fridge and the almost-bare pantry.  Aaron insists he'll cook the kale for dinner and there's enough food to last until Monday.

Nikkie informs Aaron that she and Red will be overseeing the ordering from now on.  Aaron tries some oh so subtle intimidation by doing pullups during the whole conversation.

Josh comes in and Nikkie starts to discuss the lack of food with him so Aaron leaves to go whine to Kristen.  Amanda joins the conversation.  When Nikkie talks about the small portions sizes, Chris says the portions are fine (because he and Bri raid the kitchen, and until recently, the chicken coop every night).  Red talks about how they're going to cross-reference people's orders with the receipt and Chris and Josh check out the fridge.  They're shocked.  Chris tells them that Aaron said he was planning on causing a lot of chaos because of the anarchy thing, but he thinks that this is coming from a different motivation.

Red says that there's bound to be a big blow up over this and he doesn't like how some people would like to avoid it by just letting Aaron and Kristen continue on.

This is what was happening to the rest of Utopia during the hours of noon to 2:00 PM:

Bri and Chris are talking.  He tells her he doesn't want her sleeping over every night.  He doesn't mind waking up with her some times, but not every night.  Bri says "That's how I want to wake up every morning!"  But she stays calm and agrees to start sleeping with the other ladies.

Bella making more posters.  Aaron's tending chickens.  Many of them attend the grand opening of the kitchen sink.  It works perfectly and everyone is pleased.  Rob stays to tinker with it some more.

Aaron and Kristen are washing their clothes together, Aaron makes some dirty cracks and talks about how he can't wait to get out of here and go have sex with the first random woman who'll have him.  He uses some pretty vulgar language.

Hex and Taylor play in the waterfall.  They talk about going on Amazing Race together.  Dede and Mike lounge by the fence.  Bella's making posters. 

It's group swim time.  Aaron and Kristen watch and talk about how they'll be there longer than any of those people.  Aaron says Red will leave after his wife visits because he won't be strong enough to stay by himself.  Says Bella will be either the first of the second one out.  They figure Bri will leave when everyone else learns how to do her job.  Chris won't care because he's already lusting after some of the other women.

Aaron says that people will start conspiring together when eliminations come up.  Kristen says they'll just keep working and stay out of all that stuff.  They figure they need to stay 3 months (that's 24 episodes) to make a strong enough impression to get jobs on the outside.  (Excuse me while I laugh myself silly.)  Kristen plans on getting on another reality show after this. 

Aaron says Kristen will stay to the end because her job running the business is something that no one else could do.  Aaron figures that the longer they stay the less chance there is of getting voted off.  Kristen thinks she'll have no problem staying through the first three eliminations.  They each figure they're good for at least six months.  Aaron says if he gets voted out after three months he's good because that's at least $12,000.

Conversation ends when Nikkie arrives to discuss the yoga classes with Kristen.

Amanda and Josh are talking about how Mike has checked out of the game.  Josh thinks it's understandable.  Then Amanda talks to Dede about Kristen.  She thinks Kristen is planning on making extra money by charging the group to run the website, and she's worried about what will happen if they ever get credit or debit cards for Utopia.  She says it's especially bad because of Aaron's influence on Kristen.

Now Amanda is talking to Nikkie.  Nikkie says that Aaron is a manipulative liar and a control freak who just wants to control everyone.  Amanda agrees that he lies.  Nikkie says they gave Aaron too much control, wants to know if Amanda trusts him.  Amanda says no, he's doing well, but she wouldn't trust him.  Nikkie says he's not doing well if he'll only cook one meal a day.  It's supposed to be two meals a day now and that took a group meeting to force him into it.  Amanda tells Nikkie that Aaron talks about getting to sleep whenever he's not cooking.  Now Nikkie wants him cooking three meals a day.

They talk about the group splitting into subgroups and who would vote for who.  In the end they decide that Aaron must go first.  He's a bully and the cause of too many of their more pressing problems.

Josh joins them and agrees with getting Aaron out, they decide they have enough people on their side to nominate two troublemakers for eviction.  Chris is chosen because he's rude, disrespectful, and hasn't worked once yet.

Someone rings the bell at the front gate.  It's Bella's water filter.  Aaron, Hex, Kristen, and Mike here the bell and say it must be Bella's water filter.  Mike goes to the gate, tells the delivery man it's a mistake and sends it back.

Aaron starts yelling about how come Bella gets to spend that kind of money.  Hex is right there wanting to know why Aaron got picked on for his grocery order when Bella placed the water filter order without a house meeting.  Mike says he'll deal with it.  He plans to use this to get Bella to DOR.

Amanda talks with Red about getting Aaron nominated for eviction.  Red's on board with that.  Amanda wants to know if she can see the receipts so they get them and go to the back porch to go over them.  Amanda realizes that Aaron got a gift, a bribe really, for everyone.  They feel that these 'gifts' are to keep on everyone's good side and keep them placated so they don't want to rock the Aaron boat.  Red thinks they got about $40 worth of stuff before taxes.

Amanda wants to confront Aaron now, but Red wants to talk to everyone about their personal orders first and find out exactly how much money was siphoned off.  Before they can implement their plan, Mike's called a house meeting outside.

Mike is wearing a box on his head (it's supposed to be a knight's helmet) and carrying a stick.  He says that a rogue few ordered a water purity machine without permission, and he's sent it back.  He says if Nikkie earns enough at the yoga class tomorrow she can pay for it or she can joust him for it.  Bella says to do what they want with that money because they're just going to spend it anyway and leaves.

Aaron starts in on how Amanda, Bella, Josh, and Nikkie knew about this and let it happen.  Amanda starts to respond and Red says there's a lot of funny s*** going on right now.  Aaron says they should have been respectful and responsible and put this order to the group.  Amanda says "Then let's talk about the food order now!"  They want Aaron to explain what happened and he insists that they talk about the water filter order.  It goes back and forth, Aaron responds to some direct questions with lies, gets called out on the lies, and goes back to the water filter order.

Aaron gets belligerent, tells them to prove he did anything wrong and everyone starts talking at once.

Bella returns and makes a speech.  They're not being fair, they're being disrespectful, her health is important to her, etc.

In the background Red is showing Aaron on paper what they've learned.

Bella's still talking, starts crying, says she's working hard in the garden, she made their signs for them and is trying to make everyone happy.  She's almost ready to quit.  She leaves again.  Amanda says they have been ganging up on Bella.  Red says there's been a lot of bullying going on.  Nikkie says Aaron is a bully.  Amanda wants everyone to stop using Bella as a scapegoat.  She's weird, but she's a good person who isn't trying to hurt anyone.

Nikkie says that Bella has a thyroid problem that is exacerbated by fluoride.  (Note: Bella has said that she hasn't seen a doctor in years until she had to pass a physical to get into Utopia, so I have to wonder if her thyroid problem was as self diagnosed and self treated as the cancer she diagnosed and 'treated' by staying away from microwaves.  Just saying.)

Hex says she wants Bella to have the filter, but the way they went about it was sneaky.  Dede says it doesn't matter how much money they had when they ordered the filter, it was a bad way to go about it.  Kristen wants to put all that in the past and move on with a system of checks and balances.

Mike wants to start a purchasing department.  Dede wants to put a ledger on the wall.  Red wants to know why the community food isn't in the pantry.  Mike doesn't want to focus on the past (well, except for the past water filter order...).  Kristen wants everyone to stay positive and be nicer to each other.

Aaron is now in favor of getting the water filter.  (He really doesn't want any more people looking at those receipts and Red's ledger!)  Taylor says that's all fine with him and he leaves.

Bella's back, they take a vote to reorder the water filter and she says she appreciates it because she'd really like to stay.  Meeting's over.

The vet's have arrived.  The vet mentions that she checked in on them this morning and that the boys are doing a good job.  Not a word about how Bri is doing.

Since it's dinner time, the vet's join them for dinner.  The vet's are talking about how to care for the animals, but most of them are tuning her out.  She points out that Red's always saying he knows all this stuff, so she's asking why he isn't teaching all that stuff to anyone else.  (Hasn't she noticed that Red is all talk?  The group has been ignoring him for quite a while now.)

I don't think the vets (Darlene and Kerry) like the Utopians very much.  Example: 

Vet1: "Lets get going so you guys can get some rest."

Vet2: "Do the they get much rest?"

Vet1: "Oh yeah.  Lots and lots of rest."

And this:

Vet1: "Make sure you guys take good care of the pomegranat tree since that's where the most in-depth conversations happen."  (lol, that's where a lot of the sex is happening.)

They go to the barn and the vet is explaining again what needs to be done and why.  The emphasis on proper food, cleanliness, and routine is stressed again.  Most of the people there are zoning out.  Rob, of all people, is paying attention and asking questions.  He may not like animals, but he's realizing that someone has to make this work out and he's willing to do his part.  From the looks of it, he's going to be doing the part of a lot of other people, too.

Vet visit over, Josh and Amanda are cleaning out the garbage cans because they're full of maggots.  Hex comes over, takes one look and leaves.

Mike's decided that leaving things like the grocery debacle (that he knew about and doesn't want blow back from) is the way to go.  But the water filter order CAN NOT be forgotten.  He's getting worked up about it, yelling about how awful that was and going on about Bella again. 

Amanda has had enough and tells Mike that everyone knew about the water filter being ordered because they were talking about using it to fill water bottles to sell to visitors!  Rob speaks up and says that he remembers that conversation too.  Mike shuts up and refuses to speak about it again.

Bella is going after Bri.  She just figured out that Bri has been talking smack about her to others while being friendly to Bella's face.  Bella is calling Bri two-faced.  Bri's trying to act indignant but failing badly.

Mike slinks off to Dede.  She's on his side.  Mike wants to spray Bella's bedding with Raid.  He's really trying hard to get her to leave.

The first family/friends visitation is tomorrow.  Only one Utopian gets one per month and thanks to the deer, Red gets to see his wife for six hours.  I've got to admit I'm curious as to what the Mrs. Red looks and acts like.

Mike tells Rob about his idea to spray Bella's bedding and clothing with Raid.  Rob loves that idea!  (Oh Rob, you climb up in my estimation and then you go back down again...)

Bella confronts Mike, but not about the Raid.  She seems to think that they'll send her water filter back to the warehouse if she doesn't have it delivered tomorrow.  She says she hears a lot more than they think she does and I think she's worried that they said she could have the water filter just to buy time for it to go back to the warehouse and have to reorder it.  (In a way she might be right, they'll have to pay a restocking fee if it gets back to the warehouse and she'll lose the good deal she got on it the first time she ordered it.  But I don't think this is going to happen, they're going to hold her to the agreement to call the company about the filter on Monday.)

Not too long after that, Rob suggests to Bella to go have a private conversation with him and try to smooth things over.

She goes to Mike and tells him she has a UTI and thyroid problems, she needs the filtered water.  He's all "yeah, yeah, right."  Mike sees Aaron nearby laughing at him.

She apologizes to Mike for the mess she made and he apologizes back, but it's so obvious he's just saying it so she'll go away.

The end result is that Bella will be given medication to deal with her UTI and her thyroid problems until they get the water filter.  (I don't under stand why the fluoride is bothering her because she came in with a hand pump to filter her own drinking water.  If she has been diagnosed with either of her conditions, why not either provide a filter from Production, or have Production mandate that a water filter must be purchased first thing.  I know why they let her on the show, she provides ten kinds of drama every day.  But to actually let her health be compromised?  Maybe Production is giving her the UTI meds, as that only takes a urine test to prove; and they're going to give her some 'holistic' placebo for the thyroid disorder?)

Bri's mad because Chris is doing his artwork instead of paying attention to her.  I have no idea what it is.  An alien ship sending down streamers to catch and eat the lazy Utopians?  A jellyfish?  See for yourself and take a guess:  http://prntscr.com/4nwovh

Amanda mentions that her midwife will be there in the morning so she can't eat until then.  (Is she being tested for gestational diabetes?)

Josh wants to talk to her about the baby.  About time!  She says she's due December 9th, and she wants him to build her her own room to live in.  She shows him where she wants it.  She also wants her own bathroom.  She wants insulated walls, and a proper bed.  Josh is freaking out.  He says he'll do all that for her and then says he's leaving the moment the baby is born.  He says he can frame out the room, but they're out of plywood.  He's worried that Utopia can't support a baby. 

Amanda's not making it easy, she's not brought one baby item with her.  Now that they know that they can't receive gifts they'll have to earn the money for all of this stuff.  Amanda doesn't even want to breastfeed and if you've checked on the price of formula lately you'll know why Josh is scared s***less.

Almost everyone is asleep now, and Bri is called to the Transmitter Room.  She's not gone long and when she returns she tells Chris that she and Bella are switching turns at running the joint. 

Chris is stunned, and wonders if all it takes to get your way is to cry.  Bri says she doesn't care because she hadn't made any real plans for her 'dictatorship' anyway.  But then says she'll tell Bella about the change of plans in the morning and try not to punch her in the face when she does so. 

(I can't even remember what Bella wanted to do when her turn at running things came up.  Fine, I'll go look, but you owe me.  Here it is:  "Bella wants everyone to take turns, but also wants a tribal council."  Sounds like Romper Room mixed with Survivor.  Nice.)

Day ends with Bri is taking care of business with Chris.  Loudly, of course.  Only audio while camera's linger on the shot of Chris's artwork.

And we're out!

• Love 18
Hex talks to Rob, says she's thinking of leaving.

She's one of the few utopians that I kinda like, but if she thinks she should leave to get control of her drinking problem. then I really hope she does.  It's one thing to watch a train wreck like most of the whackjobs on this show, but I don't want to watch someone actually destroying herself slowly.

Aaron makes some dirty cracks and talks about how he can't wait to get out of here and go have sex with the first random woman who'll have him.  He uses some pretty vulgar language.

He's quite the prize, isn't he?   Sounds like Kristen deserves him.

she wants him to build her her own room to live in.  She shows him where she wants it.  She also wants her own bathroom.  She wants insulated walls, and a proper bed.

Geez, these people think big when they're asking someone else to do the work, don't they?  Maybe she should just ask Josh to build a Holiday Inn while she's at it, so they can rent rooms to all those hundreds of guests they're sure they'll get for the kissing booth.  

Josh and Red continue to go up in my estimation, and in Josh's case that really bugs me.  I wish the stuff from the first day hadn't happened, because minus that I think he'd be a favorite.   

Rob seems more okay than not, but going along with Mike's Raid comment was asinine.

Mike is dropping fast in my estimation.  And I didn't think much of him to begin with.  

My guess for Chris' artwork is that it's an eye that's crying because someone fit a carrot in it.

• Love 4

Amanda's been going around asking people what business ideas they have if they were to get another $5000 startup money.  Most of the ideas are pretty silly, but Josh says he could make crates like the one's Production gave them to keep their personal effects in.  He says they're 'iconic' and he could make them for $20 and probably get $60 or more for them.  He could even make them special order.

That's not actually a bad idea at all - I wondered why the carpenters/contractors didn't make trinket boxes, trunks, and/or furniture to sell.  Chris and Bella could decorate the boxes and the rest of the crew could make jewelry to sell/include with the trinket boxes.  

• Love 2

Yeah, I agree that I wish day 1 never happened since it tarred my two favorites at this point- Hex and Josh- the latter of whom I'm surprised to now like.  And Rob's been growing on me, but that RAID comment or his picking on Bella are tough to swallow.  I'd probably loathe Bella too if I lived there, but there's a difference between disliking someone inside your head, and ganging up to mock them, make them feel like shit or run them out of town.  She's nutty, but as Douglas Adams might say she's "mostly harmless". :)

I'm torn on Hex's drinking; it sounds less like she drinks every day in her regular life than she is prone to go overboard when she does.  She admitted this on day 2 with the kangaroo trial for Josh, but if they don't have alcohol around she can't drink... whereas if she left, she'd be able to binge drink all the time.  Maybe a year here, without alcohol, would do wonders for her.  Because other than her lashing out when she's drunk- which isn't cool at all, any more than when Josh did it- she's been pretty awesome.

• Love 2

If ever a situation on this show deserves to be called "-----gate", this is it.  Starting with a mysterious phone call to one of the few people in Utopia to scratch beneath the surface to expose the grimy underbelly of Aaron and Kristen; the dogged persistence to get to the truth in the face of apathy; and the sure and certain knowledge that nothing will ever be the same again...

Welcome to Receiptgate, or you can name it the -----gate of your choice.

This is just what happened between the hours of noon and 2:00 PM:

If this feed blogging stuff doesn't work out for you Zahdii, I'm pretty sure you could get a gig writing for NBC News correspondent Keith Morrison.  Just pitch perfect, well done!

Edited by kib
  • Love 7

^  Cool, a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference two posts up.

I like how future DA Mike likes to let everything slip.  "Vote for me and there will be a meth lab in every home."

Amanda is asking what they would do if given $5000 more dollars in start-up funds?!?!  Does she think the producers will be doing that.  If they do let them off the hook like that can we spray Raid inside their master control room?

Kristen wants to go on another reality show.  Why does this not surprise me. 

And Hex and Taylor want to go on a non-garbage reality show, aka The Amazing Race?  Just no.  Fortunately this show is on Fox so CBS won't force the Race producers to cast anyone from here like they do their fellow CBS show contestants from Survivor and Big Brother.  Sorry, wanna be fame whores, you chose a loser show on the competition's network.  No way you will "grace" Namibia with your presence in the near future.

Wonder why Bella is moved up ahead of Bri as the next three-day dictator.  Better TV?  The feeling that she is melting down so fast that they better max their use of her before they come and slap a straight jacket on her and/or aliens abduct her or she accidentally blows herself up when she tries to blow up one cloud too many with her cloud-bursting eyes?

Thanks again for the excellent re-cap, Zahdii.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
Wonder why Bella is moved up ahead of Bri as the next three-day dictator.  Better TV?  The feeling that she is melting down so fast that they better max their use of her before they come and slap a straight jacket on her and/or aliens abduct her or she accidentally blows herself up when she tries to blow up one cloud too many?

They have no idea what the rules of this show are. They're probably trying to keep Bella around longer for the drama. Moving up her turn gives her reason to stay a bit longer. I'm rooting for the aliens at this point. If they want her, more power to them.

Amanda wants her own Master Suite??? WTF?  None of these people have a pinky toe stepped over the rational side of the fence.  Full-on BSC. How the hell will Amanda or Josh sell that home improvement project?  What funds will be used to pay for it?  Maybe Amanda thinks Josh will harvest the wood it from Utopia trees and saw it  into planks in his Walton's- style lumber mill (which also needs to be built before Josh can start churning out Amanda's custom ordered Pottery Barn Kid's crib and changing table).  Not only is Amanda crazy for requesting this sh**, she's nuts for thinking her baby will thrive amongst these idiots.  Just ask the chickens and the cows how the communal Utopian Wellness Program is working for them.  I hope CPS is near by to take the baby into custody.

• Love 9

They are good looking!  I was pleasantly shocked!  After 20 years, they still look so in love :-)

Interesting. I have to wonder if Red actually has dentures and production asked him NOT to wear them to make him look more like a country bumpkin. I really hope that is not the case. 

• Love 7

I'd wager Red has dentures. Anyone want to bet they're paying Red extra to keep them?

lol--he bartered his teeth for more payola!  He bartered with Josh to cook him and his family steak, instant 'taters and green beans for 15 cigs.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2

Interesting. I have to wonder if Red actually has dentures and production asked him NOT to wear them to make him look more like a country bumpkin. I really hope that is not the case. 

For a moment or two I thought I was in Blacklist and this was a really interesting conversation about dental records. Then I regained situational awareness and realized it's just more speculating on producer machinations.

Yeah, they probably asked him to ditch them so he'd be more to type. Sigh.

• Love 1