Type keyword(s) to search

S10.15: #SCANDAVOL

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I felt bad for Scheana. I really don't think she knew. When she talked about how her and Tom have been friends since 2009 (before the show) and that she knew him even before Ariana knew him. Also, how horrible everyone was to her that first season and Tom was the one nice to her and telling her that she belonged. You could feel the hurt from her.

I will be at my table for one for not minding Scheana. She is self absorbed and I have not liked everything she has said or did, but she always seemed less vindictive than a lot of the cast. I never warmed up to Stassi. Katie is very hit or miss with me. I think the one season where she ditched Stassi, I liked her more. Kristin seemed liked she was growing, but the shit that she and Stassi pulled with Faith really made me dislike her. Don't get me started on any of the men in the cast. For me, Scheana has always been sort of the less bad option with this cast.

I don't think Scheana knew. I think her reaction in NY would not have been as extreme if she did know. Like you mentioned, the whole Sandoval being nice to her when everyone was horrible to her that first season did make me feel for her too. I listened to her and Lala on her podcast a bit ago and it sounded like Scheana did a lot for Raquel. So I can imagine there is a bit of hurt about that friendship ending and her supposed friend actually being a callous person.

I was not a fan of James calling Raquel to almost gloat. It just seemed so petty, even worse that mean girls Lala and Katie were there. I think Ally may have been the only one in that scene that came off well for me.

I remember thinking early on in the season before things blew up that the way Tom and Ariana interacted that it was like they were strangers. All Tom had to do was end things with her. Of course, he then tried to push a narrative that she was the unreasonable one. He is so smarmy. Of course he cheated on her before. Have any of the men on this show not cheated on their significant other? Then again basically a majority of the cast have cheated on their partners.

Schwartz has annoyed me for years with his dopey passiveness. He will always try to say what the other person wants to hear. I do not think he will ever give a straight answer. He always waffles back and forth. 

I admit I am kind of over this scandal already. I do not like what Tom and Raquel did, but some of the reactions are very extreme with the vandalizing property and death threats.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Just finished watching Season 3. All the warning signs about Sandoval were on full display even then. Lied, couldn’t keep his stories straight, pitched fits when people called him out on his horseshit, cried to gain sympathy (tears looked fake then, too), and made the same, lame excuses to justify basically unjustifiable behavior. Him running out of Sur in the middle of a shift to avoid Miami Girl? Coward. Kristen’s TH about how Sandoval could not be trusted could have come from this season? Foreshadowing.

I can’t blame Ariana, though, for standing by him re: Miami Girl. You gotta have some degree of trust in your partner. Plus, every new person thinks it won’t happen to them. Ariana was the picture of mature stability next to exhausting  Kristen; nine years was a long time; and Sandoval always played his cards well. So it was easy to believe that they had staying power as a couple.

But, history repeats.

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would have more sympathy for Rachel and the abuse from James, if she had not pursued him in order to join the VPR cast. 

And then sucked up to everyone else in order to keep her place after the breakup, as well as make a hot storyline for herself. She should have been sidelined, if not kicked out, after the reunion shows. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would have more sympathy for Rachel and the abuse from James, if she had not pursued him in order to join the VPR cast. 

Do we know that that’s why she dated him? There doesn’t appear to be a shortage of girls who would like to date James.

Personally I can’t blame people for abuses they suffer at the hands of partners who once appeared charming and loving.  I just hope they make better decisions next time.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, laprin said:

This was the only part of the episode I found less than genuine. Kristin found a way to insert herself back into the show. A small part of me thinks Kristin may be relishing in a little schadenfreude given how Tom and Ariana hooked up in the first place. She did warn Ariana. 

I was half-expecting her to sneer, “I told you so,” and then light up a cig in Ariana’s house. Same old Kristen — asks for a drink. Is that why she seems bloated?

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scheana was pretty great in this episode.

I think Scheana is basically a nice person. My issue with her has always been that she is incredibly self absorbed (yes, they all are) and she is delusional. I just have little patience with women like that. She was delusional about Shay, Rob-I think his name was-even Adam. She certainly overlooked a lot with Brock so time will tell if he is rehabilitated for real or for TV. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ariana has been very open about her mental health struggles and she’s mentioned suicide (I don’t remember the context) on a podcast or something.

Yes, already reevaluated my thoughts on it, Tom is still a dickhole for mentioning it on camera regardless. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Well, there was an initial drop in early March, but the lounge was doing fine until now. I'm not sure what will happen after the finale and the reunion episodes.

People will move on. IF Tom and Raquel actually last, and want to come back to VPR, they will. Scandals fade and people end up, if not forgetting, at least forgiving. Camilla just became Queen Consort with people cheering in the streets. When that particular scandal hit, she was the most hated woman in the UK, possibly the World and no one would have ever predicted they could ever marry, much less make her Queen consort. 

Edited by chlban
  • Like 9
21 hours ago, laprin said:

This was the only part of the episode I found less than genuine. Kristin found a way to insert herself back into the show. A small part of me thinks Kristin may be relishing in a little schadenfreude given how Tom and Ariana hooked up in the first place. She did warn Ariana. 

Of course she is, on some level, enjoying this. That doesn't mean that, all these years later, she doesn't genuinely feel bad for Arianna. But since she looked like such a loon with all her accusations about Tom cheating, he has very publicly proven her right. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, chlban said:

People will move on. IF Tom and Raquel actually last, and want to come back to VPR, they will. Scandals fade and people end up, if not forgetting, at least forgiving. Camilla just became Queen Consort with people cheering in the streets. When that particular scandal hit, she was the most hated woman in the UK, possibly the World and no one would have ever predicted they could ever marry, much less make her Queen consort. 

Very true.  Look at Tiger Woods, people love him and he was screwing every available woman he could while married.  Holding any of the VR nitwits to a higher standard is not going to happen.

BTW, about Miami girl, didn't that happen in the first few weeks Tom and Ariana started dating?  Were they exclusive at that point?  I'm confused as to the timeline, but they were definitely exclusive when Miami girl showed up at the bar.  Either way, Tom would have gotten laid.  He has needs you know.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

Very true.  Look at Tiger Woods, people love him and he was screwing every available woman he could while married.  Holding any of the VR nitwits to a higher standard is not going to happen.

BTW, about Miami girl, didn't that happen in the first few weeks Tom and Ariana started dating?  Were they exclusive at that point?  I'm confused as to the timeline, but they were definitely exclusive when Miami girl showed up at the bar.  Either way, Tom would have gotten laid.  He has needs you know.

Ariana mentioned on WWHL that they weren't exclusive at the time he hooked up with MG so she let it go. She also said that she protected him because she didn't want people to think badly about him so that's why they lied about it. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, lili45 said:

Exactly this. She pursued this to join cast, and everything else to become a central character at any costs. We saw her parading around inserting herself front and center oddly, relentlessly and inappropriately- chasing Katie around ie in Mexico under the guise of  representing Scheana, harassing Katie re Schwartz & texting, and completely out of line for doing so.

Here’s the thing, for those who are causing vandalism, that is clearly wrong, and methinks everyone here agrees.

Most of us here are really just analyzing what we’ve been watching for years. This show has invited us to watch, and when people behave shamelessly there are ramifications.

Raquel’s complete and utter continuous lack of concern for others feelings is at the heart of our observations. Namely this was not a one off thing. 1) Where was Raquel’s  concern for Katie? Her own words were she cared more about Schwartz than being  Katie’s friend. Her own words.  So she continued to antagonize her. And Ariana didn’t know everything so continuously supported  “her friend Raquel.” Disregarding Katie’s sensitivity during divorce was the start. That lack of insight ended up biting her in the arse.

So when it was revealed that this dear friend Ariana had a knife in her back, where was Raquel’s concern for Ariana’s mental health? She had her inside secrets and friendship. And I’m sure that Sandoval expressed Ariana’s depression to R. 

Both R & S knew that Ariana lost her dog, lost her grandmother and where was there ANY concern for Ariana???! The only concern was getting banged in the car OUTSIDE Ariana’s home! Partying upon Grandmothers death. Where was there any concern for Ariana’s emotions & mental health? Raquel had none. We’ve had to watch this unfold for months this season. I don’t particularly have any special concern for Rachel, she’s a grown woman seeking national celebrity, not an 8th grader, and made repeated selfish decisions. She’s got family to ensure she gets any help she drastically needs. That’s what her family’s for.

Certainly don’t wish her or anybody harm, and that’s more empathetic than she has been.
But Raquel does need to address her sense of entitlement and disregard for other people’s feelings as she clearly showed she had zero concern for others, even the mental health of a close friend who was suffering.
When Bravo celebs are douchebags, they get skewered. Fair game, they put themselves on show for $$$$ & fame, and willingly sign up for this. Why does she get a pass? How & why does she get to be THAT girl who gets to show up on BOY’S night (to go after other people’s guys as Schwartz saw!) It was boy’s night! And she lied to A about just a kiss, when S admitted that they banged. Liar!

And this isn’t high school. Ariana believed that she & Sandoval were spending their  lives together, even going through medical procedures to freeze her eggs, not fun surely. Sandoval even confirmed this life plan.

R Aggressively  put her behavior out there, enjoying the limelight of the camera, as she displayed her true colors, without any hesitation and restraint. She was believing her own “brand.” No harm whatsoever wished upon her, however in life there are consequences to behavior and who likes a Judas?

On Reddit there is a clip from Chicks in the Office of an interview with Andy, and he damn near twists himself into a pretzel defending Rachel. This chick is also in the office, so I couldn’t have the sound on, but it helpfully came with subtitles. Here’s what the subtitles said:

* Andy is wondering if Rachel is “intoxicated with fitting in”.

* He references the puppy party that nobody came to in her first season, and now a few years later she’s got the attention of two of the principals (Schwartz and Sandy). She’s also found a place among the women as well, so “she’s in the mix in a big way.”

* So now that she’s “in the mix in a big way,” she may “have lost a sense of herself.”

Whatever, Andy. Sometimes, though, a shitty person is just a shitty person who eventually shows their true colors. I think your post is closer to the mark here. We’ve seen what happens when Bravolebrities get a little too big for their britches, but it sounds like Andy just loves her so we’re stuck with her. Fine. But there is a good old-fashioned concept called “shunning,” and I think that’s how Schwartz, Sandoval, and Rachel should be treated by the rest of the cast. To me, that would be entertaining to watch. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
Clarity
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“You’re not a bad person. You did a bad thing. Again and again and again and again….”

Yup!!!  When Lisa said that, I was wondering how many bad things must a "good person" do before they become a bad person.  I like Lisa, but I think, in this instance, she was wrong.  I do agree with her talking head, though, where she said all these cast members have cheated or been cheated on.  None of them are perfect.

FWIW, I never thought that Sandoval was a good person.  I think he's selfish, conceited, untrustworthy and a liar.  He displays more narcissistic behaviors than most reality "celebs", who all have some narcissistic tendencies.

I don't like that he has never taken accountability for his shitty behaviors, and would rather blame someone else for making him do those things, including a history of cheating.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Sandoval wanted a young groupie and in his eyes, Ariana aged out.  Kristin looks desperate for that VP Rules money and fame.  To see Kristin clomping back in her slides to comfort Ariana and watching Kristin's breakdown during her breakup with Sandoval in season 2 (thanks Bravo for showing the previous seasons 😃) I am surprised she's back playing the comforting, wise ex-girlfriend.  Is Jax coming back next?  Stassi?  How about getting the unknown person Sandoval hooked up like they did with "Miami Girl"?

Could Schwartz be more self-centered?  It was funny while Sandoval was blubbering, Schwartz asks Sandoval to issue a statement that he was not complicit with the affair.  Both Schwartz and James are so desperate to be liked by the group.  James' phone call to Raquel was more like an immature crank call. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
On 5/17/2023 at 7:44 PM, blixie said:

He literally said to Scheana "she made me feel NOT washed up" it's like Blame it on Rio.

Ariana's WWHL is literally melting down my youtubetv it's skipping around and freezing. Maybe this should be the last season, how in hells will they ever top it. She also nailed it that he is LOVING every minute of the negative attention. I am surprised his pathetic band hasn't covered Loveboy's song yet.

Wouldn't being "Washed up" imply you were successful at something to start with?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 11
57 minutes ago, chlban said:

Wouldn't being "Washed up" imply you were successful at something to start with?

it could also mean you look like you just took a shower, but since it’s Sandoval that’s probably not what she meant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
22 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I believe a relationship  needs intimacy, if there is none, men look outside  the relationship. 

BOYS look outside

FTFY

Let's not give paint all men with this weak brush!  A real man, a decent man, would break up and/or talk to their partner about it and go to therapy.  Only a weak willed boy would just cheat because they aren't getting their dick wet.  Like really?  That's embarrassing.  You are basically saying men have no self control!  

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Just finished watching Season 3. All the warning signs about Sandoval were on full display even then. Lied, couldn’t keep his stories straight, pitched fits when people called him out on his horseshit, cried to gain sympathy (tears looked fake then, too), and made the same, lame excuses to justify basically unjustifiable behavior. Him running out of Sur in the middle of a shift to avoid Miami Girl? Coward. Kristen’s TH about how Sandoval could not be trusted could have come from this season? Foreshadowing.

It was totally there, but we had Jax, Stassi and Kristen to keep us busy and boy they were doing that!  LOL  Now, Tim doesn't have anyone to take the spotlight off of him.  

Honestly, I DO hope Rachel's family has stepped in and gotten her mental health help.  She needs it badly.  Not just for the way she handled herself, but for all this backlash.  She is going to need to help and maybe she will be able to take accountability at some point.  

Schwartz and Sandy's is bullshit.  Anyone saying that this scandal has caused any problem for that place hasn't seen how poorly run it is!  Their website is one page without any menu.  their Instagram didn't showcase ANYTHING.  If they were really working hard at this, they would be promoting the heck out of it and they would have been able to get regulars who aren't VPR watchers.  But no - they don't know shit about business and Tim "dipped out" to play karaoke leaving Schwarz who couldn't even tend bar for an hour at Pump!  They have biffed this on their own.  If they were decent businessmen, this would have been a blip that they could have ridden out.  Maybe even had watch parties or specials that made light of themselves, but nope!

Edited by hatchetgirl
  • Like 12
On 5/17/2023 at 8:54 PM, bosawks said:

I’m not shocked Kristin Doute is back but that she is comfortable coming back in an oversized cardigan and slides is surprising.

From what I understand, Ariana asked her to come back.

I felt so bad for Ariana, but she handled the idiot well. I wonder how soon after the reveal they filmed their confrontation, because after I found out my [almost]ex was cheating, I was a hot mess. 

Do all cheaters get the same handbook on what to say and to never take the blame for their actions?  What a dick.

Fuck Schwartz.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

BOYS look outside

FTFY

Let's not give paint all men with this weak brush!  A real man, a decent man, would break up and/or talk to their partner about it and go to therapy.  Only a weak willed boy would just cheat because they aren't getting their dick wet.  Like really?  That's embarrassing.  You are basically saying men have no self control!  

I don't  think Tom does, he's not a boy. A decent  man would break up first. My father  didn't,  he was unhappy,  and he fell out of love, he was a great father, who married too young.My ex husband  didn't,  my best friend's husband  didn't, quite a few friends and acquaintances didnt have that luxury. That's why it's called an affair.

I have one opinion, you have another. 

• Like 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Lala has no room to judge anyone.  

There are people who work for the bar who depend on it for a living.  Those people don’t deserve this.  That’s really gross that she is trying to blow it up.  Did Randal’s wife go after your livelihood when you were chasing her husband?

She’s a human being.  Shit friend or not.  I’m nauseous reading anyone making light of anyone who is not ok and suicidal.  Full stop.  Raquel is a real person who is getting help.  She made a mistake.  Mental health is nothing to laugh about or be flippant.

Ariana has been very open about her mental health struggles and she’s mentioned suicide (I don’t remember the context) on a podcast or something.  

Yes!  Watching the old seasons, Ariana comes off terribly.  
They all cheat on friends, close friends.  And yet no one has been shunned.  Until now?  Something like 40% of people in relationships cheat.  

Why is the general public losing their minds over this?

Right?  No one died!  

I just think that no one should judge anyone unless you have lived a perfect life, never making a mistake, or hurting anyone.  

Disgusting Andy Cohen laughing with glee at the scandal.. eating it up.  There is something wrong with him.  

I think Lala was just sick of another one of Schwartz’s patented dumbass comments, appropos of nothing. Plus emotions were extremely raw. 

A few seasons ago, Ariana was very open about her depression on the show. She was in a very dark place. She spoke with Lisa and Tom about it and was quite candid with them about wanting to intentionally crash her car. She also spoke about it to a couple of the women, IIRC. I just had a real problem with him then using that as another excuse for his cowardice in not being upfront with her about the cheating. Scheana called him out on that pretty well. Ariana has a great support system (that’s also why the flowers and wine don’t bother me in the same way it apparently does others) and they proved they will be there for her no matter what. Even Kristen.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Stray word I just noticed.
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

It was totally there, but we had Jax, Stassi and Kristen to keep us busy and boy they were doing that!  LOL  Now, Tim doesn't have anyone to take the spotlight off of him.  

Honestly, I DO hope Rachel's family has stepped in and gotten her mental health help.  She needs it badly.  Not just for the way she handled herself, but for all this backlash.  She is going to need to help and maybe she will be able to take accountability at some point.  

Schwartz and Sandy's is bullshit.  Anyone saying that this scandal has caused any problem for that place hasn't seen how poorly run it is!  Their website is one page without any menu.  their Instagram didn't showcase ANYTHING.  If they were really working hard at this, they would be promoting the heck out of it and they would have been able to get regulars who aren't VPR watchers.  But no - they don't know shit about business and Tim "dipped out" to play karaoke leaving Schwarz who couldn't even tend bar for an hour at Pump!  They have biffed this on their own.  If they were decent businessmen, this would have been a blip that they could have ridden out.  Maybe even had watch parties or specials that made light of themselves, but nope!

Ha! I just checked back a few days ago, and it’s still  just basically a homepage. No drop-down menus, no hyperlinks to food, drinks, etc., no “site under construction” line. Contrast that with TomTom (shadow managed by Lisa). Neither of those chucklefucks have the commitment or work ethic to make a place like that work. Even if you know what you’re doing, there are no guarantees of success. I do feel sorry for the employees (I posted an Insta from them from March about the scandal in the media forum), but I think they have more immediate problems with their employers ineptitude than they have with the scandal and any flip comment from Lala Kent. Bad management will kill a bar/restaurant quicker than anything else.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I don't  think Tom does, he's not a boy. A decent  man would break up first. My father  didn't,  he was unhappy,  and he fell out of love, he was a great father, who married too young.My ex husband  didn't,  my best friend's husband  didn't, quite a few friends and acquaintances didnt have that luxury. That's why it's called an affair.

I have one opinion, you have another. 

It’s not a matter of opinion. Those people all chose to cheat. They did not have to, they consciously chose to. They are not remote-controlled robots being operated by someone else.

Aside from that, yikes, man. Sorry you had to deal with all of that. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 11
  • Hugs 1

I think it's ridiculous to pull Kristin out again...she cheated on Tom plenty of times too, yet acted the victim...she was a mess back in the day and might be still for all we know...she also may have cheated on other boyfriends since...who knows? For her to pop up again is ridiculous...i don't give a rat's ass about what she says 

As far as Scandoval, I think Tom and Raquel were horrible...no excuses for either one's behavior...that being said, painting Ariana as a saint and her acting as if she's a martyr is ridiculous...she really was very smug early on and put herself above others by her actions and words...she always acted like she was smarter and prettier or whatever...it's on film...I think at first she was supportive of Tom, but that went downhill as she got tired of holding his ego up while realizing how needy he was instead of being a strong man...this is the same woman who crawled into the backseat with disgusting Lala while Tom was driving! She said she was drunk and it was no big deal, and Tom also brushed it off...I wonder how she would've felt had she been driving and a drunken Tom jumped in the backseat to get a BJ from Lala...I think Ariana was disrespectful that night...to me it was a big red flag about their relationship...Ariana has often put Tom down on camera...who knows how often when cameras are off...she's smarter than him, no doubt, but I do believe she probably treats him that way...still no excuse for what he did, but for her (and everyone else) to act like she was the best ever "life partner" is a joke

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
19 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

It’s not a matter of opinion. Those people all chose to cheat. They did not have to, the consciously chose to. They are not remote-controlled robots being operated by someone else.

Aside from that, yikes, man. Sorry you had to deal with all of that. 

I always kind of felt that way about Raquel.  She always seemed so devoid of anything to me, and she came across very wooden.  I guess it's the way she speaks, oftentimes so slowly and without any emotion.  I got a very "Stepford Wife" vibe from her.

• Like 10
18 hours ago, Drogo said:

hope she knows how to make her own coffee, too.  

WWHL snippet-

Andy:  “We’ll be in live with Ariana taking your questions in just seven minutes!” 

Ariana, un-mic’d:  “I could mount a television in that amount of time.” 

…I hope they fired/executed whoever didn’t mic her in time. 

I think you might be misunderstanding the joke, that goes way back to Scheana's first love interest after she broke up with Husband No. 1.  Sheana bragged so much about this new guy, who was just so amazing in every way,  so much better than her ex and so clever and handy that he was able to mount her TV on the wall in __ minutes.  She repeated that statement about the TV so many times that,   at some reunion, they did a supercut of all the times Sheana said her boyfriend could mount a TV in ___ minutes.  He might have been good at mounting a TV but he dropped Sheana like a bad habit and she took some teasing about how much she gushed over his TV-mounting skills.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
59 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I always kind of felt that way about Raquel.  She always seemed so devoid of anything to me, and she came across very wooden.  I guess it's the way she speaks, oftentimes so slowly and without any emotion.  I got a very "Stepford Wife" vibe from her.

Like the BuffyBot — or Small Wonder!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I’m all for one’s getting help for mental health issues. See Mr. DC - I pay an extra $500/month on already good company health insurance to get the top plan (medications). It’s also very useful as he broke his knee (really). I won’t get into how I’m keeping his pet service business alive on top of my full time, luckily remote job. That shit’s pretty lucrative BTW.

But sometimes people are just unbelievable assholes. I’m 50/50 on whether this is just a convenient excuse for to hide out. Not that I blame her. I could see myself doing the same thing. Except I’m just a petty bitch and would never do anything like this (ingratiating herself into Ariana’s life as a loyal, “best” friend), much less on national TV.

So yes - there is something obviously very wrong with her. She’s obviously stupid at least. Junior Soprano at Jackie Jr’s funeral comes to mind.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Drogo said:

As Lisa said, they’re not bad people. They did a bad thing. 

I was very much not a fan of the way James spoke to Raquel on the phone- and I liked James before it was cool.  But he was a petty little shit kicking her while she was down, considering her relationship with him is probably a major contributor to why she’s having these MH struggles now.

It reminded me of 6th grade, a group of girls together calling a lesser-liked girl on speakerphone and asking her questions that she would be embarrassed to answer.  It was gross then, it’s even more gross now that it’s a group of adults doing it.

7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Whatever, Andy. Sometimes, though, a shitty person is just a shitty person who eventually shows their true colors. I think your post is closer to the mark here. We’ve seen what happens when Bravolebrities get a little too big for their britches, but it sounds like Andy just loves her so we’re stuck with her. Fine. But there is a good old-fashioned concept called “shunning,” and I think that’s how Schwartz, Sandoval, and Rachel should be treated by the rest of the cast. To me, that would be entertaining to watch. 

I don’t know, reading the Scarlet Letter in grade school actually taught me that public shaming and shunning is wrong and immoral.  Your takeaway was that it should be implemented?

• Like 7
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, BluishGreen said:

I think you might be misunderstanding the joke, that goes way back to Scheana's first love interest after she broke up with Husband No. 1.  Sheana bragged so much about this new guy, who was just so amazing in every way,  so much better than her ex and so clever and handy that he was able to mount her TV on the wall in __ minutes.  She repeated that statement about the TV so many times that,   at some reunion, they did a supercut of all the times Sheana said her boyfriend could mount a TV in ___ minutes.  He might have been good at mounting a TV but he dropped Sheana like a bad habit and she took some teasing about how much she gushed over his TV-mounting skills.

Oh no I remember Rob Valletta— my joke was that whoever didn’t mic her up (so more people would’ve heard the Rob joke) should be fired or executed. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
36 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t know, reading the Scarlet Letter in grade school actually taught me that public shaming and shunning is wrong and immoral.  Your takeaway was that it should be implemented?

So you’re advocating there should be no repercussions for amoral behavior?

My takeaway from the Scarlet Letter was a little different. More about how Mr Reverend got away without a blemish on his reputation and IMO poor Hester was likely raped. Good point - but I don’t really see the comparison.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Pixilicious said:

I think it's ridiculous to pull Kristin out again...she cheated on Tom plenty of times too, yet acted the victim...she was a mess back in the day and might be still for all we know...she also may have cheated on other boyfriends since...who knows? For her to pop up again is ridiculous...i don't give a rat's ass about what she says 

As far as Scandoval, I think Tom and Raquel were horrible...no excuses for either one's behavior...that being said, painting Ariana as a saint and her acting as if she's a martyr is ridiculous...she really was very smug early on and put herself above others by her actions and words...she always acted like she was smarter and prettier or whatever...it's on film...I think at first she was supportive of Tom, but that went downhill as she got tired of holding his ego up while realizing how needy he was instead of being a strong man...this is the same woman who crawled into the backseat with disgusting Lala while Tom was driving! She said she was drunk and it was no big deal, and Tom also brushed it off...I wonder how she would've felt had she been driving and a drunken Tom jumped in the backseat to get a BJ from Lala...I think Ariana was disrespectful that night...to me it was a big red flag about their relationship...Ariana has often put Tom down on camera...who knows how often when cameras are off...she's smarter than him, no doubt, but I do believe she probably treats him that way...still no excuse for what he did, but for her (and everyone else) to act like she was the best ever "life partner" is a joke

True, true- Very good points. It’s not my impression that people are claiming that A is perfect. After all she picked Flat Iron Tom ;)
But that wasn’t our choice to make, this was Tom and Ariana’s choice. And Ariana erred tremendously in excessive defense of both T & R. She’s not perfect, I don’t think that’s the claim. We clearly enjoy watching flawed people!

Few are perfect. But T & R (serious not casual boyfriend, and bestie) owed A the integrity of honesty. That’s all. Particularly knowing that she was suffering from depression, no excuse IMO

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I rewatched the Sandy and Rachel at Rachel's apartment scene. My take: Tom feels bad, Rachel doesn't. She definitely doesn't like the negative consequences, the stain on her "brand", the loss of popularity, but as far as betraying her friend, nope, not much, if any, problem with it at all. No guilt. No shame. She was kind of, oh well, stuff happens about it. Very unlikely she'll be sewing her own big, red A on any of her sweaters.

I see why he likes her -- she enables and excuses his bad behavior.

She also said she wanted to know what it was like to have sex with someone she loves. *record scratch*  What's that Rachel? What were you doing with James for five years?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I’m listening to a podcast, The Bravo Papers. It’s an interesting analysis of Rachel over the seasons.

At one point Rachel said to James, in a Secrets Revealed, “I’m the hottest girl at SUR now.”

There were several instances of Rachel choosing to spend time with the popular kids, rather than with her boyfriend James, when they were excluding him. 

Rachel’s mother flirted with Peter, even started unbuttoning his shirt (more).

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Jel said:

Very unlikely she'll be sewing her own big, red A on any of her sweaters.

I have reservations that she’d be able to successfully spell “A”.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 21
25 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m listening to a podcast, The Bravo Papers. It’s an interesting analysis of Rachel over the seasons.

At one point Rachel said to James, in a Secrets Revealed, “I’m the hottest girl at SUR now.”

There were several instances of Rachel choosing to spend time with the popular kids, rather than with her boyfriend James, when they were excluding him. 

Rachel’s mother flirted with Peter, even started unbuttoning his shirt (more).

Oh I forgot about that! And James was kind of hurt by it iirc. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Some believe that Rachel writes lines for herself and rehearses. That’s why there often seems to be a disconnect or even non sequiturs.

One example: Lala was upset that she hurt Scheana by not being there for her when she miscarried. Rachel was trying to comfort Lala. Lala was grateful and said, “I like you.” Rachel said, “I don’t need your approval.”

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 5/19/2023 at 2:47 PM, IntrovertRed said:

Do all cheaters get the same handbook on what to say and to never take the blame for their actions? 

Sandoval does, in a confessional from years ago, and from the show this season.

Screenshot_20230516_230711_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c5dbc5ad1f10111c380edc9d001d2c6c.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Jel said:

She also said she wanted to know what it was like to have sex with someone she loves. *record scratch*  What's that Rachel? What were you doing with James for five years?  

To me that seemed like her just giving James another slam.  As he does to her when he claims he's never been happier with Ally.  I feel like they both have been trying to get each other to feel bad this season.

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

One example: Lala was upset that she hurt Scheana by not being there for her when she miscarried. Rachel was trying to comfort Lala. Lala was grateful and said, “I like you.” Rachel said, “I don’t need your approval.”

No matter what Rachel has done this season, she never needs to be kind to "Lala" after the way "Lala" has treated her over the past seasons.  ("She doesn't know her place, but I'm here to remind her" - "Lala" has been a total asshole to her since she arrived, and Rachel never needed to hear that the bitch "liked her"

• Like 11

Probably everything that can be said about this crapfest has been said, but I do wonder why Sandoval didn’t empty his pockets before going out on stage to do his poor man’s Mick Jagger routine. Wouldn’t stuff like that be locked up backstage or kept by the manager? Why go out on stage with important stuff that could fly off into the crowd? Can you imagine what could have happened if that person did not give the phone to Ariana?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Probably everything that can be said about this crapfest has been said, but I do wonder why Sandoval didn’t empty his pockets before going out on stage to do his poor man’s Mick Jagger routine. Wouldn’t stuff like that be locked up backstage or kept by the manager? Why go out on stage with important stuff that could fly off into the crowd? Can you imagine what could have happened if that person did not give the phone to Ariana?

Some (maybe Freud ;) would say he wanted to get caught. He already told us that *ordinarily* he would remove something like that from his phone, but this time, when he was having an affair and already wanted to break up with Ariana, he was “too busy”.  He really couldn’t afford the three seconds it would take to delete it?

• Like 5
  • LOL 4