Type keyword(s) to search

S10.15: #SCANDAVOL

• Start Topic

(edited)

40 year old men don’t need to be running over to each other homes. 

Outside of the Toms' specific situation/reasons, what exactly is wrong with friends going to each other's houses after a certain age? My friends and I are older than these people and we do it. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7
(edited)
On 5/21/2023 at 11:45 AM, lili45 said:

I don’t comprehend the defense of Raquel imbalanced with the defense of the victim? Commenting is not “stoning.” It is commenting.

I think commenting on a forum like this is no big deal but coming after Raquel on Twitter, Instagram or other social media and calling her horrific names is abusive, and not normal behavior.  Any adult who tweets “you are subhuman” at her needs to be evaluated.  It’s like bullying, but from the whole world.  Also there apparently have been death threats and calls to vandalize Sandoval’s bars. The fake reviews on yelp- that can ruin the business.  Sure there should be consequences* but it’s really extreme.  I was cheated on and I was really sad.  I went out, had fun and after a few weeks moved on.  

I did not want my ex’s business to suffer or for anything bad to happen to him.  If I had a friend like Lala who had the followers she has and commented that she planned to ruin his business I’d be horrified.  That’s insane behavior.

eta- any “consequences” should come from the aggrieved party, I don’t think anyone who watches the show has any reason to be judge, jury & executioner.  Like, it’s not up to me to dole out punishments to people on a reality show.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, chlban said:

There was also speculation on Facebook that she's pregnant. PURE SPECULATION, not putting it out as fact. I would not be at all surprised if she would hope for that. Hopefully someone was using protection.

That was on Reddit too, and the mods there shut that thread down pretty fast, justifiably so.

• Like 2
On 5/21/2023 at 12:45 PM, lili45 said:

It’s not about being  the morality police, however the audience reacts to the cast, and this is part of it. Nobody expected this. We’re all ok with watching some semblance of flawed behavior, that’s VPR after all.
But now that we’re observing, it’s our job as the invited audience to have reactions to how the paid cast chooses to behave, and to react to their personalities.
With their chosen actions, come our reactions, which impact ratings. So it’s all part of the package.

I don’t comprehend the defense of Raquel imbalanced with the defense of the victim? Commenting is not “stoning.” It is commenting.

I don’t understand trying to shame the audience for empathizing with a victim of pain, a victim who endured deep pain, deep depression & agony. 

The reference to Raquel’s amoral behavior above was an earlier response to it being “immoral” to judge the cheater Raquel’s behavior. Tom is not excluded but no one seems to have a problem with criticizing Tom, it appears that for some reason kid gloves for Raquel are in order..?

Methinks the point being made above was that we are supposed to feel shame for criticizing cheaters, while being told that cheaters themselves can’t be criticized. So it’s ok to cheat, cause pain, betray friends it’s all good. But it’s not ok to criticize the cheater, who causes pain, depression and agony?

If one cast member  stole $50,000 from another cast member, slashed tires, stole a car, or assaulted someone, we’d be here criticizing it. It’s objectively wrong behavior to steal, and impacts the victim. Would this same argument surface for a thief?
Did anyone  have a problem with criticizing Jax? So why is Raquel off limits?

With everything in context, I think the reason why this particular scandal struck a such nerve with the audience is because of all the (dysfunctional) couples on that show, Tom and Ariana appeared to be the most stable across all the seasons. Hell, they lasted for about a decade. I, for one, thought they would probably last the longest. Now that honor probably goes to Broke and Scheana (I say that guardedly) and Jax and Brittany, of all people.

Tom and Ariana are the couple people look at and think they’ll be together forever —  until they’re not and the dirty laundry starts coming out.

I think we all agree, though, that this is just damn sad.

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

If I had a friend like Lala who had the followers she has and commented that she planned to ruin his business I’d be horrified.  That’s insane behavior.

It also doesn't help Arianna. Sandoval used his and Arianna's shared asset (the house) to fund the bar. If the bar fails before it even gets off the ground, then Arianna is just as screwed as Sandoval because all they'll have to split is debt.

47 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

With everything in context, I think the reason why this particular scandal struck a such nerve with the audience is because of all the (dysfunctional) couples on that show, Tom and Ariana appeared to be the most stable across all the seasons.

I think the fact that word broke just as the season got underway is why this became such a big deal. The timing made the audience watch the show with detectives' eyes and now we've all seen how the sausage is made in terms of how the Toms operate. It's one thing to believe that they're manipulative; it's another to watch it unfold a piece at a time week after week.

Edited by Steph J
  • Like 11
5 hours ago, chlban said:

I thought it was weird that Sandoval told Raquel his parents loved her.

Absolutely no clinical clarity on the weirdness of sandoval/rachel, but this comment somewhat connects to Ariana's comment on WWHL that sandoval's parents have not reached out to her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Steph J said:

I think the fact that word broke just as the season got underway is why this became such a big deal. The timing made the audience watch the show with detectives' eyes and now we've all seen how the sausage is made in terms of how the Toms operate. It's one thing to believe that they're manipulative; it's another to watch it unfold a piece at a time week after week.

Agreed. It's how I got my fiancé to actually watch the show with me; instead of just scrolling through his phone while it was on. It was fascinating to watch all the lies being told and knowing the Toms and Rachel were completely full of shit. 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 5/21/2023 at 2:35 PM, Chatty Cake said:

James seems obsessed with Raquel. I didn’t watch when they broke up, what happened? 
Also not sure why people are so mad at Schwartz. He was in a bad position. He certainly couldn’t have gone to Katie. She’s mean and treats him like crap.

Their breakup wasn’t seen on the show. When the season ended, they were engaged. They announced their split at the reunion, and everybody seemed genuinely shocked. Even Lala. James looked heartbroken. Rachel said she came to the realization that they were not life partners, which sounded (to me) very mature at the time. 

She was moving out of the apartment to her sister’s. The last reunion episode showed them backstage saying goodbye; James got into a car by himself and Rachel’s dad picked her up. It all looked very final (again, to me) in terms of her being on the show as a full-time cast member. No, James is not over Rachel. That’s why he immediately took up with Alli and was talking marriage about five minutes after they met. He feels just as angry as Ariana about Scandoval, and I think we’ll see that Wednesday night.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

With everything in context, I think the reason why this particular scandal struck a such nerve with the audience is because of all the (dysfunctional) couples on that show, Tom and Ariana appeared to be the most stable across all the seasons. Hell, they lasted for about a decade. I, for one, thought they would probably last the longest. Now that honor probably goes to Broke and Scheana (I say that guardedly) and Jax and Brittany, of all people.

Tom and Ariana are the couple people look at and think they’ll be together forever —  until they’re not and the dirty laundry starts coming out.

I think we all agree, though, that this is just damn sad.

I think it struck such a nerve with the audience because of the shocking, disgusting  betrayal of it all. Raquel glommed onto Tom and Ariana's life, became extremely close friends with her, accepted her comfort and hospitality when she and James broke up, yadda yadda yadda and then participated in a sordid affair with Tom. If his paramour had been somebody outside of the friend group, I would have felt so sorry for Ariana and thought what a pig Tom is, but it would not really be a surprise. The level of deceit here is unprecedented even for this gross group. And the silly goose's facetious attitude adds a few of additional layers of ick. And then her raving about the friendships at the glamping birthday party and the inquisition about Tom and Ariana's love life at the sandwich party, just covers her in gross.

And before the word Kristen comes to anyone's mind, she and Ariana were not friends at all and the only people Ariana really knew/was friends with in the group were Tom and Scheana. Not praising her for whatever she and Tom had going on, but it is nothing compared to what Tom and Raquel have done.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, politichick said:

I think it struck such a nerve with the audience because of the shocking, disgusting  betrayal of it all. Raquel glommed onto Tom and Ariana's life, became extremely close friends with her, accepted her comfort and hospitality when she and James broke up, yadda yadda yadda and then participated in a sordid affair with Tom. If his paramour had been somebody outside of the friend group, I would have felt so sorry for Ariana and thought what a pig Tom is, but it would not really be a surprise. The level of deceit here is unprecedented even for this gross group. And the silly goose's facetious attitude adds a few of additional layers of ick. And then her raving about the friendships at the glamping birthday party and the inquisition about Tom and Ariana's love life at the sandwich party, just covers her in gross.

And before the word Kristen comes to anyone's mind, she and Ariana were not friends at all and the only people Ariana really knew/was friends with in the group were Tom and Scheana. Not praising her for whatever she and Tom had going on, but it is nothing compared to what Tom and Raquel have done.

I guess what I was trying to say (badly, apparently) was that it was surprising that the betrayal was that deep, and that one of them would just trash a long-term relationship so casually, with flimsy excuses. They always struck me as a couple that had the best chance of making it.

Rachel’s actions are in a gutter all to themselves. Ariana’s kindness and generosity toward her — still very hard to watch. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Outside of the Toms' specific situation/reasons, what exactly is wrong with friends going to each other's houses after a certain age? My friends and I are older than these people and we do it. 

I probably shouldn’t lump all 40 year olds into a statement like that. Sandoval said he was using the excuse of going to Schwartz’s and I’m guessing spending the night at times. I think if a man (or woman) is living with someone they would want to be with their partner first. 

• Like 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, chlban said:

Ariana should have uncovered the BS a long time ago? Really? So you agree with Sandoval, it's on Ariana because she didn't follow him to find out where he was really going. Because it's perfectly normal to spy on someone you have spent almost a decade with, bought a house with and had your Eggs frozen for. Um, K .

Um yes it is “k.” It’s not her fault that her boyfriend and friend screwed her over but she knew something was wrong. She admitted to asking to look through his phone so obviously she wasn’t happy with him. She got with Tom by sleeping with him behind someone’s back, why would she think he wouldn’t do that again? In fact the moment that mustache appeared she should have started following him. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

I am not advocating for Rachel, but something isn’t all there. I think she’s dealing with a lot of rejection in her life from beauty pageants to her biological Mom handing her over to her Aunt.

I made an attempt to research the psychology behind this pageant thing. My info is shallowly based on JonBenet Ramsey, Honey Boo Boo, and mentions of "beauty queens" from ancient history 50's, 60's. It's always been an area that was too odd for me to put energy into.

Enter rachel.

I was intrigued by her robotic demeanor and lack of/shallow interests, yet she's into this pageant scene.  Not surprised she rarely won.  She got into this at 16, not as a child, "It was Laura who encouraged teenage Raquel to pursue modeling and step out of her comfort zone through pageants."

Taking into account her unique family makeup and the limited appearances of her parents and sister (rigid father, milf behavior mother ala Peter, LA real estate agent sis ) just adds another layer of interest to the rachel part of scandoval.  "Kate and I weren't always close. You know, we didn't have a lot in common, But Kate has kind of stepped into my life a little bit more. She wants to be that big sister role to me." I've read big sis was instrumental in rachel meeting James. Curious could this "dipping in" coincide with her meeting James Kennedy? (Fun Fact: Kate has previously worked for TheAGENCY).

"Raquel has a half-brother named David, who she mentioned on her Instagram when introducing her fam. She also has another sibling who she has not mentioned on her social media or the show . . . who now identifies as a boy, and his name is Sam."  https://thefamilynation.com/raquel-leviss-family

Anyway, no luck finding any insight into the general psychological makeup of a pageant person. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

There’s speculation that the big reveal is that Sandoval and Rachel started hooking up while she was with James.

This is a wild speculation, and the reason I don't read blogs, go on Reddit, etc., because they are about opinions, which are manipulated a lot of times by the "celebrities" who are friends with those who run them. I prefer facts, like documents, photos, and to hear what the actual person that is involved said. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Um yes it is “k.” It’s not her fault that her boyfriend and friend screwed her over but she knew something was wrong. She admitted to asking to look through his phone so obviously she wasn’t happy with him. She got with Tom by sleeping with him behind someone’s back, why would she think he wouldn’t do that again? In fact the moment that mustache appeared she should have started following him. 

Wow. It's all Ariana's fault. How stupid of us all. Poor Sandoval, he grew a mustache, that's the same as confessing, and here he is being crucified for being a scumbag. He grew a mustache, how could she not know?

Edited by chlban
  • Like 12

And another thing about James and the phone call… he is mad at Sandoval even though he both banged the guy’s girlfriend in his bed WITH his condoms!!  And banged Lala when dating the girl he’s currently cheating with.  

I had liked james ever since he mocked Jax and his pump-TINIS!!!  But he’s being a jerk.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, chlban said:

Actually you make a good point. It doesn't excuse her, but it may explain her need to be loved. I found out, in my 50's, that the woman I thought was my mother was, actually, my Grandmother and the woman I thought was my much older sister was, in  fact, my bio mom. Said bio mom married a few months after my birth and went on to have seven, yes seven, more children. All of whom swear she was a fantastic mother. Even in my 50's I went through some weird stuff. Why didn't she come back for me? Short of that, why wasn't she in my life?  Why did she give me to the mother she hated? Lot's of weird stuff that really doesn't matter anymore, but it surprised me how much it shook me for a while. I read a couple of books about adoption and a lot of adopted kids feel unwanted. It has nothing to do with the people who raise them, who may be fantastic parents, it's just built in. Also interesting, an inordinate number of serial killers are adopted. Not saying Raquel is a Serial killer but she certainly exhibits some sociopathic behavior. Even when everything came out, her demeanor with Tom at her apartment was more giddy than remorseful. 

I am so sorry that you went through this. I cannot imagine the hurt and confusion and self-doubt. But you are inspiring, in that you grew from it. You’re a compassionate, sensitive person. You didn’t become bitter or angry, lashing out at others. Sending hugs.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, chlban said:

Wow. It's all Ariana's fault. How stupid of us all. Poor Sandoval, he grew a mustache, that's the same as confessing, and here he is being crucified for being a scumbag. He grew a mustache, how could she not know?

And don’t forget she never once followed him when he said he was going to Schwartz’s. 
The nerve of Ariana trusting her partner of nine years!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think commenting on a forum like this is no big deal but coming after Raquel on Twitter, Instagram or other social media and calling her horrific names is abusive, and not normal behavior.  Any adult who tweets “you are subhuman” at her needs to be evaluated.  It’s like bullying, but from the whole world.  Also there apparently have been death threats and calls to vandalize Sandoval’s bars. The fake reviews on yelp- that can ruin the business.  Sure there should be consequences* but it’s really extreme.  I was cheated on and I was really sad.  I went out, had fun and after a few weeks moved on.  

I did not want my ex’s business to suffer or for anything bad to happen to him.  If I had a friend like Lala who had the followers she has and commented that she planned to ruin his business I’d be horrified.  That’s insane behavior.

eta- any “consequences” should come from the aggrieved party, I don’t think anyone who watches the show has any reason to be judge, jury & executioner.  Like, it’s not up to me to dole out punishments to people on a reality show.

Absolutely! But viewers are impacted as well if the cast is too seedy. Glad to see Ariana moving out and moving on.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/21/2023 at 1:51 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did you see the Squishmallows on Rachel’s couch? 

Something seriously stunted this person.  

I am older than Raquel and I kind of love Squishmallows. I may have one. If they made some in the shape of a wine bottle or wine glass I would so have more of them.

• LOL 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, chlban said:

I thought it was weird that Sandoval told Raquel his parents loved her. That implies they must know her fairly well, at least more than a passing introduction. It doesn't speak well of his parents, if true. Again, if he isn't happy he should break up with her, but I would not love to have my son sneaking around on his long term partner. And I would certainly not love the girl sneaking with him. It says everything about both of them and I would be very disappointed.

Sandoval took Raquel to his parents' house after Christmas (he did around Christmas too, but they refused to see her- we know they went to St. Louis because they took photos at landmarks), and I don't doubt they (Raquel and his parents) communicated after that because Sandoval was determined to leave Ariana. It's shocking though that his parents didn't contact Ariana recently, after the affair was exposed. Sandoval probably told them there were problems in the relationship for some time. 

Sandoval became more bold after that. He (secretly) went on a vacation to Big Bear with Schwartz, Raquel, and Jo, Schwartz's girlfriend. And I suspect he spent more and more time at Schwartz's apartment with Raquel, probably when Schwartz was at the S&S lounge. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I probably shouldn’t lump all 40 year olds into a statement like that. Sandoval said he was using the excuse of going to Schwartz’s and I’m guessing spending the night at times. I think if a man (or woman) is living with someone they would want to be with their partner first. 

Oh, OK. I don't disagree -- I generally prioritize a hangout with my partner first too, but I do also really like to go do other stuff outside of my house with just my friends, even overnights (haha, we haven't changed much since our childhood sleepover days...only now there's booze). However...

I am by no means using these friend dates as a diabolically clever cover-up for a longterm affair with a close friend of my BF!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am older than Raquel and I kind of love Squishmallows. I may have one. If they made some in the shape of a wine bottle or wine glass I would so have more of them.

Yeah, I don't feel like this is a good reason for Raquel being trashed* -- I have stuff that is not necessarily made for adults just because I like it (including the very same galaxy light that seems to upset Lala).

*"Normal" "trashing," not threats and vandalism and nasty direct messages and sicko stuff from people who really need to reevaluate what they do with their time!

ETA: Lala, who soothed (soothes, present?) herself by drinking out of a baby's bottle and has no room to question someone's maturity level over a galaxy light

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

As soon as Sandoval admitted to his parents that Ariana never restocks the paper towels and toilet paper, she was dead to them.

This is one reason I love this forum. When a comment truly makes me laugh out loud. Well done.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I do also really like to go do other stuff outside of my house with just my friends, even overnights (haha, we haven't changed much since our childhood sleepover days...only now there's booze). However...

I am by no means using these friend dates as a diabolically clever cover-up for a longterm affair with a close friend of my BF!

Also if your boyfriend really cared he would have followed you by now, wearing these glasses: 

silly-nose-and-glasses_85_2572_400x.jpg?

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:
On 5/22/2023 at 9:33 AM, chlban said:

Sandoval took Raquel to his parents' house after Christmas (he did around Christmas too, but they refused to see her- we know they went to St. Louis because they took photos at landmarks), and I don't doubt they (Raquel and his parents) communicated after that because Sandoval was determined to leave Ariana. It's shocking though that his parents didn't contact Ariana recently, after the affair was exposed. Sandoval probably told them there were problems in the relationship for some time. 

Sadly, my former in-laws of two decades didn’t contact me after their son did the same as Sandoval. Not sure what line he told them, but I bet it was similar to Tom’s, “she wasn’t nice to me, she won’t let me break up, waaah.”  If Tom’s parents are anything like my ex’s parents, then Tom can do no wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2023 at 3:02 PM, Dirtybubble said:

"#SCANDAVOL". Cameras pick back up after Ariana discovers that her boyfriend of nine years is having an affair with one of her best friends; Schwartz panics when the scandal threatens to upend their business; Sandoval comes clean with another shocking secret.

This was obviously mostly-recreated after the fact for the cameras but was a bit intense for me.

Sandoval screwed around with Billie? Wow. I guess he'll do anyone who strokes his ego.

I am skeptical about Sandoval's hysterical sobbing with Lisa Vanderbucks.

I am on the fence about Schwartz but want to hear more at the reunion.

I am not fond of Schemer but I was on her side. 

Once again, LaLa is one of the last people who should be commenting on this. 

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have stuff that is not necessarily made for adults just because I like it (including the very same galaxy light that seems to upset Lala).

I fucking love these things and I really don’t understand the disdain the girls had for it?

Did no one take little Lauren Kent or Krishtinakelly to the planetarium?

It’s a colorful nightlight.. Who hurt y’all 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
On 5/22/2023 at 5:16 PM, politichick said:

I know I don't know them but as a viewer from Season 1 - I feel betrayed.

I also feel stupid because I got tricked by 2 idiots.

Schwartz was absolutely disgusting by standing up for Racquel in the SUR alley who he definitely knew by then that she and Tom were humping as opposed to showing a glimmer of understanding to his almost ex wife Katie. I think he did it on purpose to jab at Katie

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 5/22/2023 at 7:32 PM, itsadryheat said:

I made an attempt to research the psychology behind this pageant thing. My info is shallowly based on JonBenet Ramsey, Honey Boo Boo, and mentions of "beauty queens" from ancient history 50's, 60's. It's always been an area that was too odd for me to put energy into.

Enter rachel.

Anyway, no luck finding any insight into the general psychological makeup of a pageant person. 

I only quoted part of your quote.

I would recommend you go on YouTube and watch Nick Viall's podcast. On his latest interview he had on Charli from VPR

Fact I never knew. Charli also did the pageant circuit and knew Rachel from her teens. She said Rachel's highest placement was top 15 and she only did that twice. Charlie has placed top 3 and top 5 but never won she got out years before Rachel.

She said Raquel crying about her pageant days ending was ludicrous when she never placed above top 15. She thinks Raquel thought that being on VPR would help her win on her last pageant. She also thinks Raquel should have stopped years ago, it only would have made sense to keep going if she was placing top 3 She thinks Raquel continued because that world was providing her validation that she's "pretty"  Yikes

She also thinks the way Racquel was in the pageant world made her do what she did to Ariana as she was always competing against other women. Egads!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Sadly, my former in-laws of two decades didn’t contact me after their son did the same as Sandoval. Not sure what line he told them, but I bet it was similar to Tom’s, “she wasn’t nice to me, she won’t let me break up, waaah.”  If Tom’s parents are anything like my ex’s parents, then Tom can do no wrong.  

Tom's mom isn't going to do anything to cause a rift with her son. He's got 239K of her retirement fund.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 5/21/2023 at 4:58 PM, Wicked said:

I think the plan was to break up after the reunion, after the two Toms spent the season making her sound like a horrible girl friend, then everyone would be on his side, but then he dropped his phone

I think Raquel's goal was to be coupled up with Tom Sandoval to become the #1 couple of VPR. She's extremely thirsty and wants to be the star of VPR. She thinks they'd be accepting their crowns because this is True Love that couldn't be denied and the audience would accept them with open arms. She had no strategy nor does she know how to deal with the reality when no one else (the cast and the audience) is behaving the way she thought they would.

I think Tom only planted the seed of issues in his relationship with Ariana just in case he got caught. I don't think he was going to break up with Ariana any time soon as he needed her finances for the house and his business. Remember the famous Cable box he wanted to hold onto from Kristin?

I think he's been cheating on Ariana from the start. Hooking up with Raquel and creeping around is exciting to him. Raquel is not the only one he's been hooking up with. Now that the affair has been revealed, he will try to get Raquel to be his girlfriend for the show and portray this as True love - his possible "redemption". What Raquel won't know is that she's just the new front. He'll be portraying True Love for TV but will creep around and hookup with the groupies.

Raquel would stay with him if she finds out that he cheats. She's happy with the main chick title and won't care abut the side chicks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I fucking love these things and I really don’t understand the disdain the girls had for it?

Did no one take little Lauren Kent or Krishtinakelly to the planetarium?

It’s a colorful nightlight.. Who hurt y’all 

I think it’s the combination of the galaxy lights, Squishmallows, talking like, dressing like, behaving like, and cognitively resembling a 6-year-old.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hi Stranger

I haven't been on for a long time and I've fallen down the message board rabbit hole

How are you?

I’m well, thank you! How about yourself? We missed you and your insightful posts.

I have also fallen down the rabbit hole!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m well, thank you! How about yourself? We missed you and your insightful posts.

I have also fallen down the rabbit hole!

I'm fine as well. I'd forgotten how I was a Primetimer addict.

• LOL 2

I think Tom broke off with Kristen to be with Ariana - because now he had a new person that would pay rent and support him. She was also "hot" and didn't have his number the way Kristen did.

For some reason, Tom needs to portray a certain image to the public or on TV as part of a stable couple and as the "good guy" among the other guys on the show.

I also think Ariana being intelligent was a novelty for about a minute. He quickly hated her for that because he looks like an absolute idiot next to her. For this reason Raquel is a better fit. He looks like a Mensa member next to her.

Where he doesn't like Raquel is in finance. She doesn't have a lot of money and her parents don't like her with him so they won't be shelling out any dough. He's not going to like being the main breadwinner and being financially responsible for her. He'd rather be spending all of his money on himself. Since he's a total pig he'll stall selling the house he has with Ariana as long as he can which means Raquel can't move in with him and he doesn't have to support her. Convince Raquel to continue to rent the show apartment during filming out of her salary from the show, this way they have a fuck pad and she'll be clueless when he's creeping around on her.

I think Schwartz is the same. He was only with Katie for finances. She supported him - she was the one that worked at SUR and she paid all the rent. She probably helped him help his family as well. He is like the other Tom in that he fucked around on her left and right and the Tom's kept each other's secret. Schwartz hates Kate because she asked for a divorce which put a financial burden on him.

One of the reasons I think Schwartz has known about the affair from the very beginning is because Sandoval is arrogant and he wouldn't have been able to NOT brag about it to Schwartz the second they had sex. Katie walked down the aisle and got the ring but Schwartz was already spouse to Sandoval.

On the show, Mid-life crisis was an excuse. I don't think Tom EVER had a mid-life crisis. This pattern of behavior is who he's always been - get a steady girl have her pay half the expenses and fuck around behind her back while telling her how much he loves her

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Raquel's goal was to be coupled up with Tom Sandoval to become the #1 couple of VPR. She's extremely thirsty and wants to be the star of VPR. She thinks they'd be accepting their crowns because this is True Love that couldn't be denied and the audience would accept them with open arms. She had no strategy nor does she know how to deal with the reality when no one else (the cast and the audience) is behaving the way she thought they would.

I think Tom only planted the seed of issues in his relationship with Ariana just in case he got caught. I don't think he was going to break up with Ariana any time soon as he needed her finances for the house and his business. Remember the famous Cable box he wanted to hold onto from Kristin?

I think he's been cheating on Ariana from the start. Hooking up with Raquel and creeping around is exciting to him. Raquel is not the only one he's been hooking up with. Now that the affair has been revealed, he will try to get Raquel to be his girlfriend for the show and portray this as True love - his possible "redemption". What Raquel won't know is that she's just the new front. He'll be portraying True Love for TV but will creep around and hookup with the groupies.

Raquel would stay with him if she finds out that he cheats. She's happy with the main chick title and won't care abut the side chicks.

Nobody on the show is going to accept Sandoval and Raquel who might not even be together as a couple.

Raquel doesn't make enough yet from the show to live well in LA. She was supported by James before, and she might have expected Sandoval to do the same. He is more successful than James. But Sandoval needed Ariana because they had a brand. She earns a lot from the show after almost 10 years, they co-wrote a cocktail book, they have endorsements. That's why he is probably trying to connect with a more famous (than Raquel) woman.  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sandoval is more successful than James, but in my opinion, it seems that James handles his money more wisely. 

Well, he doesn't keep (finance) a 10 piece band, he doesn't have a hip (in his own mind) lounge, and he doesn't need too many appointments at the nail salon.

• LOL 9
9 hours ago, Gharlane said:

This was obviously mostly-recreated after the fact for the cameras but was a bit intense for me.

Sandoval screwed around with Billie? Wow. I guess he'll do anyone who strokes his ego.

I am skeptical about Sandoval's hysterical sobbing with Lisa Vanderbucks.

I am on the fence about Schwartz but want to hear more at the reunion.

I am not fond of Schemer but I was on her side. 

Once again, LaLa is one of the last people who should be commenting on this. 

It was sorta convincing until he ran off and cried into her curtains. Trying too hard, Sandy. Watching too many melodramas, bud.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tom's mom isn't going to do anything to cause a rift with her son. He's got 239K of her retirement fund.

Good point, but this whole scenario has put that money in more jeopardy than it was. However, my hunch is, once the season  is over, people will forget and move on. Then she only has to worry that her idiot son and his idiot life partner will be running the business. But she knew that going in.

8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Except it appears Tom has  new victim, um I mean Girlfriend, so there's  that.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sandoval is more successful than James, but in my opinion, it seems that James handles his money more wisely.

I'm rewatching old seasons, and Sandy complained that when he first met James, he (Sandy) paid for everything, while James apparently hoarded his money and bought a BMW while Sandy was still driving a Honda Civic.  Hilarious!

Also, while I'm 100% Team Arianna in this scandavol, watching old seasons reminded me how very, very, very much I loathed Arianna when she came on the scene.  I'm pretty sure I disliked her more than any of the other women on the show to that point, and that is really saying something.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Nobody on the show is going to accept Sandoval and Raquel who might not even be together as a couple.

Raquel doesn't make enough yet from the show to live well in LA. She was supported by James before, and she might have expected Sandoval to do the same. He is more successful than James. But Sandoval needed Ariana because they had a brand. She earns a lot from the show after almost 10 years, they co-wrote a cocktail book, they have endorsements. That's why he is probably trying to connect with a more famous (than Raquel) woman.  

I think both Sandoval and Raquel are throwing everything they can think of at the wall to see what sticks.

Raquel tried the Tom groomed me and took advantage. This is her go to as she's a Professional Victim.

Tom tried to say everything was Ariana's fault, implied they had an open relationship, didn't break up with her because she's suicidal.

As for the latest with this influencer, she'll dip once she's discovered an STD that penicillin doesn't cure. If she does stay it's because she's thirsty to be on the show. He'll still screw around with Raquel.

Raquel's never had her own apartment, she lived with James. Once they split and she was still on the show her sister/cousin who is in real estate has an acquaintance who lets them film and Raquel stays during filming. That apt they've shown on VPR isn't really hers.

Both Tom and Raquel think that they are brilliant actors. It's not a stretch for Tom since he also thinks he can sing. Raquel practices and rehearses the scripts Tom writes for her. Her problem is that she doesn't remember most of them and the lines she does she flubs.

For VPR I think claiming True Love is the only possible thing that might sell to 10% of the audience. In their minds it justifies why they let things blow up to the extent they did - they just couldn't help themselves. I don't buy it - but people are still going to S&S and going to see him perform - I heard the NY show sold out.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Drinking aside, James also knows how to focus on what is important to him — his DJing. S&S have attention spans of gnats. I felt a little sorry for James a few weeks back when he was telling the gang about appearing at that event with a well-known rapper and he was talking about his name being on the poster. Then the scene cut to a shot of the poster, showing his name in smaller print. So what if he wasn’t a headliner? He worked for it and had every right to be proud of it. So why piss on it, Bravo?

He appears at many clubs as well. I just wish he could get that damn drinking under control. I’m not speculating as to where their breakup fits in the Scandoval timeline, but I think a great part of why Rachel ended it was because of the booze and his aggressive behavior when he’s toasted. She warned Alli, who’s now finding out for herself. 

• Like 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think both Sandoval and Raquel are throwing everything they can think of at the wall to see what sticks.

Raquel tried the Tom groomed me and took advantage. This is her go to as she's a Professional Victim.

Tom tried to say everything was Ariana's fault, implied they had an open relationship, didn't break up with her because she's suicidal.

As for the latest with this influencer, she'll dip once she's discovered an STD that penicillin doesn't cure. If she does stay it's because she's thirsty to be on the show. He'll still screw around with Raquel.

Raquel's never had her own apartment, she lived with James. Once they split and she was still on the show her sister/cousin who is in real estate has an acquaintance who lets them film and Raquel stays during filming. That apt they've shown on VPR isn't really hers.

Both Tom and Raquel think that they are brilliant actors. It's not a stretch for Tom since he also thinks he can sing. Raquel practices and rehearses the scripts Tom writes for her. Her problem is that she doesn't remember most of them and the lines she does she flubs.

For VPR I think claiming True Love is the only possible thing that might sell to 10% of the audience. In their minds it justifies why they let things blow up to the extent they did - they just couldn't help themselves. I don't buy it - but people are still going to S&S and going to see him perform - I heard the NY show sold out.

I never thought Raquel owned property. The apartment was a rental (at best). Btw, James bought his first house in Burbank. 

There is a lot of talk about grooming, but the term is overused. 

I think Sandoval and Raquel used each other for different reasons. 

I hope LVP is not preparing a stupid storyline for next season about Sandoval and Raquel being in love, that's why they had the affair. She better be careful because Sandoval is blowing up the narrative with his recent hook ups.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1