Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E16: Teresa Wedding Special

• Start Topic

I was laughing when Louie said "this is the most blissed-est I've ever felt!" and his brothers were soberly nodding in agreement.

I am not a mauve fan (even though I was married in the 80s and my sisters' (bridesmaids) gowns were - MAUVE!- and I thought the bridesmaid's dresses were too shiny and too tight. The daughters all looked fake like Barbie dolls (I always thought Gabriella was pretty but she looked a bit disturbing in her makeup in the talking heads). Gia can take a seat with her exaggerated hand motions: "we are DONE with Joe and Melissa!"

As for Joe and Melissa, they so want to be made relevant and act as if they are taking the high road but come on- the wedding day provided them a PERFECT moment to do just that; they couldn't help themselves. It's so immature and gross. 

I was nervous for the dancer with the pasties when she did her handspring- I was wondering if the people in front of her got a full-on crotch shot. A girl in a champagne glass? I guess those things are what Teresa labels as "sexy". What came to mind for me was "tacky." 

• Like 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Not only was Tre's Marge Simpson hairstyle awful, but the extensions actually looked quite cheap. 

You wrote what I couldn’t quite put my finger on. It WAS Marge Simpson she was channeling 😂 

I’m going to throw Teresa a compliment, but don’t worry - it’s backhanded! I think she’s actually beautiful. When she’s bare-faced and natural (like when she was listening to Luis rant about Joe in the previous episode), it startles me how pretty she is. And how she absolutely ruins it with her level-five tan, jet black hair, and frosted makeup. In my experience, no one pulls off that super-dark look unless they’re born with it. It’s like too many gradients removed from their natural state or something. These housewives always remind me of the scene in Goodfellas where the wife remarks on how bad the women look: “they wore too much makeup, and their skin was bad.” 

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 5
21 hours ago, ww92 said:

I think Tre's girls were all Maid's of Honor (or maybe Gia was and the others bridesmaids). The daughters were all up at the altar during the ceremony but the other (fake TV) bridesmaids were sitting down in the front  row.

Speaking of Tre's girls, Gia and Milania are obnoxious. We have Milania screeching about why is Gabriella crying (which makes her cry more) and we have Gia in her Like a Virgin dress announcing how everyone is done with the Gorga's. How come they didn't go yell at the hairdresser or Jen Aydin for bringing up Joe?

Right? That hairdresser was way out of line. Just STFU and concentrate on the 10 foot hair piece and giant tiara. Jen Aydin is just stupid. No social IQ at all.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

the ecological disaster potential! 

Yes it did have an effect on the eco system, the amount of hairspray required to keep Teresa's hair up...What ozone layer?

4 hours ago, kassa said:

If I was spending 20k on hair and makeup I'd want my hair to actually look like my own.

The engineering of that do was a don't. It was if they plopped a short curly wig on top of her head, gave her cheap extensions to hang out the bottom and topped it off with a cheap looking tiara. 20 Grand...that had to include the bad makeup jobs on the girls, right? 

Milania screaming about Gabriella crying didn't really help Gabriella's crying, it made it worse, I half expected her to say "Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of someone who said Joe Gorga's name!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

The daughters all looked fake like Barbie dolls (I always thought Gabriella was pretty but she looked a bit disturbing in her makeup in the talking heads). 

She’s done what I was mentioning above. She’s somewhat fair-complected with lighter hair, and she’s box-dyed it black and piled on the bronzer. I wonder if it bothers her that people commented that she didn’t “match” the rest of her family. I remember that from earlier years, and I always thought that was kind of mean. 

Edited by RedInk
Complected, not completed lol
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
7 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I was laughing when Louie said "this is the most blissed-est I've ever felt!" and his brothers were soberly nodding in agreement.

I am not a mauve fan (even though I was married in the 80s and my sisters' (bridesmaids) gowns were - MAUVE!- and I thought the bridesmaid's dresses were too shiny and too tight. The daughters all looked fake like Barbie dolls (I always thought Gabriella was pretty but she looked a bit disturbing in her makeup in the talking heads). Gia can take a seat with her exaggerated hand motions: "we are DONE with Joe and Melissa!"

As for Joe and Melissa, they so want to be made relevant and act as if they are taking the high road but come on- the wedding day provided them a PERFECT moment to do just that; they couldn't help themselves. It's so immature and gross. 

I was nervous for the dancer with the pasties when she did her handspring- I was wondering if the people in front of her got a full-on crotch shot. A girl in a champagne glass? I guess those things are what Teresa labels as "sexy". What came to mind for me was "tacky." 

Tacky, tawdry, trashy...all the "T" words. As for the bridesmaid dresses...besides being too tight...those weren't summer dresses. They looked hot and heavy. The material was not summer friendly. So many light and airy dresses they could have worn! Pretty summer colors like pastels would have been so much better. My daughter was a bridesmaid a few years ago at a June wedding and it was already hot and humid where we live...it always has been that way around here at that time of year but despite knowing this the bride chose black dresses made of a heavy material. All the bridesmaids were drenched during the outdoor ceremony. My daughter told me to throw the dress out when she came home. Teresa's choice of bridesmaids dresses for an August outdoor wedding was ill advised.

11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes it did have an effect on the eco system, the amount of hairspray required to keep Teresa's hair up...What ozone layer?

The engineering of that do was a don't. It was if they plopped a short curly wig on top of her head, gave her cheap extensions to hang out the bottom and topped it off with a cheap looking tiara. 20 Grand...that had to include the bad makeup jobs on the girls, right? 

Milania screaming about Gabriella crying didn't really help Gabriella's crying, it made it worse, I half expected her to say "Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of someone who said Joe Gorga's name!"

I thought Teresa saying her mother never wanted her to marry Joe was a real slap in the face to her kids. Also adding that her mother wanted her to be with a man who treated her well and took care of her...wow! Maybe keep that to yourself...don't put that on blast on TV so your kids have to hear this. I mean he is the father of your "dorters".

• Like 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, kassa said:

They were raised by Teresa and Juicy Joe. I don't think their emotional radar is too finely tuned.

I don't mind the Gorgas most of the time but those posts were a total dick move. Shame on them. 

I too was looking for Ramona. And Bo Dietl.

Bravo must have ordered the Fesslers to leave with Margaret, because they appear perfectly capable of arranging alternate transportation and clearly didn't want to go. 

Everybody was focused on the height of Teresa's hair, which was silly, but also reflective of her taste. Nobody's talking about the color difference between the extensions and her natural hair - I found it really distractingly fake looking on my tv. Maybe in person it looked better?  If I was spending 20k on hair and makeup I'd want my hair to actually look like my own.

I wonder if Gabriella's anger was directed at Bravo for forcing the Gorga storyline during something that should be happy. Obviously they were calling the shots and footing the bill, but she may have been disturbed at how much it was bleeding into the actual intimacy of the occasion. 

To be fair, there was no reason why Bravo had to be involved in the wedding. If there was no Bravo and no cameras I guarantee you Marge and most of the other RHONJ wives wouldn't have gone at all. Melissa got a pass because it jived with the storyline. The housewives from the other franchises wouldn't have gone either. But since Teresa wanted Bravo to foot the bill then her and her girls were just going to have to deal with the hairdresser and Jen Aydin following their orders to bring up the Gorga's.

• Like 2

Well I thought the wedding was fun and entertaining.  Sure it was over the top but that's Teresa!  She and Louie looked so happy...Marge Simpson hair and all!

Margaret is such a downer and comes across very bitter....maybe trade her for Jen Fessler going forward.

What I don't understand - if Melissa looked nervous this season, as a number of posters have remarked, all she had to do was put on a happy face and play the game, convince Joe to attend the wedding, and to stop lying about Teresa for a storyline.

Oh well...Reunion here we come lol!

• Like 7
(edited)

Nicole was the somewhat loud person in a couple of scenes at the reception.  Teresa’s trainer.  No idea about Chris. 

I thought the reception dress was ugly.  The wedding dress was nice, aside from the veil with the giant letters, something like could have been incorporated in a discreet way that the bride knew about, wait, discreet, what am I saying!), the tiara, and, of course, the hair that had its own zip code.plł

Edited by Tiggertoo
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

Nicole was the somewhat loud person in a couple of scenes at the reception.  Teresa’s trainer.  No idea about Chris. 

That doesn't make sense with what OP posted about the entire cast not liking her. I think she's posting on the wrong topic. 😀

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who are Nicole and Chris?

I think they are from Married at First Sight. 
I know it’s not the right thread but I agree @kristen111

3 hours ago, RedInk said:

She’s done what I was mentioning above. She’s somewhat fair-completed with lighter hair, and she’s box-dyed it black and piled on the bronzer. I wonder if it bothers her that people commented that she didn’t “match” the rest of her family. I remember that from earlier years, and I always thought that was kind of mean. 

Jacqueline was especially hard on the girl suggesting that she had a different father than the other girls. This was at a reunion years ago.

I do think the dorters are pretty but way overdone. I guess since they are on the show but even then they are glammed way up. The designer clothes, makeup, hair …etc 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 4

Anyone else not a big fan of Gia?  I find her kind of smug.  I guess I still think of her as a kid, but I thought it was tacky her talking in a one-on-one about how the 'bridge is burned' with all of her sisters with her uncle.  I just can't imagine any of Joe and Melissa's kids saying anything like that on camera. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

Anyone else not a big fan of Gia?  I find her kind of smug.  I guess I still think of her as a kid, but I thought it was tacky her talking in a one-on-one about how the 'bridge is burned' with all of her sisters with her uncle.  I just can't imagine any of Joe and Melissa's kids saying anything like that on camera. 

Gia is extremely full of herself. I think  she had to be the adult in that house  and a parent to her sisters for many years so I try and give her some slack but holy cow is she a bossy, smug biotch!

• Like 13
  • Love 2

I'm watching now.

Sure, the crown was OTT. But I love weddings and I'm enjoying this one. The hair was, yes, too high, but absolutely gorgeous from the back. Beautiful dresses, so far everyone getting along. Jennifer is stunning in that gown. Could have done without the side show at the reception!

Not missing Melissa and her constant sourpuss commentary. I used to really be on her side, but she is tiresome.

Oh, whoops, here's her sidekick Margaret, crying not because she's sentimental over the wedding. She's sad because Joe, who opted out, isn't there. So let's not celebrate, everyone, I'm  
going home. Nothing to celebrate here.

SMH

Oh, I see M&J found a way to piss all over the wedding on social nedia. Don't worry, Margaret, they are having a gay old time. Joe, especially, acting as though Tre refused to ask Melissa to be in the wedding. Love their revisionist history.  Guess you weren't invited to the wedding, either, right?

• Like 7
On 5/23/2023 at 9:00 PM, Bronzedog said:

I think it was Gia who said the wedding was the happiest day of Teresa’s life which I thought was kind of sad considering she has given birth four times, to kids who, so far, have become good people (although Gia’s a little iffy), and, so many other blessings in her 50 plus years.  A second wedding is the happiest day of her life?  Maybe it’s just the cynic in me.

I doubt Gia meant it the way I'm thinking, but it makes me think about what she must have been through all those years with nasty Joe G.

• Like 2
On 5/23/2023 at 11:58 PM, Chalby said:

also recall Marg saying several episodes ago that she would make an appearance as she has nothing against Teresa getting married. She did say she'd leave early out of respect for Joe and Melissa. 

Sheeshe. "Respect for Joe and Melissa."

Weddings are not a venue to make a statement about those not involved. If you can't be happy for the couple, keep your butt at home, Bravolebrity or no.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Bravo seems to mic the more obnoxious children. I don’t think Antonia loves the camera the way her cousins do. I don’t buy Joe and Melissa not saying anything in front of their children about Tre and her daughters. There’s no way to put your kids on a reality show and still shield them from the main drama.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, renatae said:

Not missing Melissa and her constant sourpuss commentary. I used to really be on her side, but she is tiresome.

Not knocking Melissa, but she brought nothing except being a sister in law and constantly saying “Oh my God”.  They never had a good storyline.  Very boring.  I agree.

• Like 7
52 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Not knocking Melissa, but she brought nothing except being a sister in law and constantly saying “Oh my God”.  They never had a good storyline.  Very boring.  I agree.

You forgot "Thank You Jesus".  Ooof.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
15 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Jacqueline was especially hard on the girl suggesting that she had a different father than the other girls. This was at a reunion years ago.

As I recall she was a dead ringer for Joe Giudice's mom. She appeared in some scene and we all said "OMG, THAT'S who she looks like!"

Anybody who would comment publicly on the paternity of somebody else's child is rotten.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
16 hours ago, renatae said:

I doubt Gia meant it the way I'm thinking, but it makes me think about what she must have been through all those years with nasty Joe G.

Nasty or not, he is her father and there seemed to be a bond with his daughters, especially Milania. I give them all credit for keeping contact and (seemingly) being respectful despite all of the bad water under the bridge.

• Like 6

I do appreciate on this forum we can have people on multiple sides expressing their viewpoints, no matter how divergent- we can all still get along - it is rare these days. I do love the rare forum where you are allowed to express your opinion and it’s okay.

• Like 20
  • Love 1
On 5/23/2023 at 10:06 PM, njbchlover said:

Overall, I thought this wedding was exactly what I was expecting and so much more.  I'm not always a fan of Teresa's, but I thought this wedding was definitely all her! 

Tre wanted a “sexy”wedding. Lol.  What the hell is that?  That’s a first.  Those two are like two rabbits. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 5/24/2023 at 7:16 PM, Feline Goddess said:

Gia is the prettiest one of Tre's daughters. Gabriella has a very rectangular face, Audriana has weird features and Milania has never been pretty and that hasn't changed as she's gotten older. The dresses were a beautiful color. 

Gia’s TH where she was wearing white - omg she looked like a 45 year old woman with all of the make-up troweled on. Do these girls (and their mother) not realize that this is the best time of their lives to enjoy young, fresh skin? Oh … gosh….they have the rest of their lives to have to “enhance” their looks. That fake look is just so gross and I think Gia is naturally pretty. (Melania has always sounded like a hungover 60 year old smoker.)  What a waste of youthful looks. Even the 12 year old shamefully looks like she will be at the club. 

Melissa and Joe are just downright pathetic and I am obviously not a Giudice fan. She has been trying to find an alternative narrative and none have stuck (pop singer, boutique, wanted to find a long, lost sister, wanted a baby, marriage troubles, home renovations) so she goes back to the tired old family feud. 

3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Tre wanted a “sexy”wedding. Lol.  What the hell is that?  That’s a first.  Those two are like two rabbits. 

Eh … trying too hard to convince us, I think, probably. 

Someone mentioned earlier how inappropriate the wedding was for a child like Olivia. What about her daughter Audriana, who was only 12?!  I am sure that circus atmosphere was also difficult for Louie’s son, who could very well have sensory issues - particularly the brass band. 

• Like 6
On 5/25/2023 at 8:04 PM, Joan van Snark said:

Uh… yeah. Cannot.stand.her.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

She has been trying to find an alternative narrative and none have stuck (pop singer, boutique, wanted to find a long, lost sister, wanted a baby, marriage troubles, home renovations) so she goes back to the tired old family feud. 

I think I'd prefer a feuding with my famous but wacko sister in law storyline to the "my husband barely tolerates me and ignores our kids" storyline that the Aydins are offering. Yikes they have no self awareness.

Or Margaret: I own being a homewrecker and maybe have some regrets about how it made other people feel, but it all worked out great (except for the family devastation part) but I'll have an opinion on everybody else's life and make sure the whole world knows it. She wants to be seen as a total free spirit except if you comment on it in which case she'll savage you to the bone.

Dolores and Jackie are the only ones I can think of who actually have dealt candidly with ongoing life issues instead of trying to make good tv.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Margaret was such a sour puss asshole at the wedding. Going on about whiny bitch boy Gorga not being at the wedding. I don’t know why they keep giving the pig camera time. She didn’t even let her hen pecked husband get something to eat.  I think Fessler wanted to stay too. These people need to start standing up the this asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

I’ve not been a fan of Jackie but hopefully her and Evan stayed and enjoyed the wedding reception instead of running out with that piece of trash,  Ozempic taking, screaming old asshole hag head, straw for hair, bitter faced asshole .

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, kassa said:

I think I'd prefer a feuding with my famous but wacko sister in law storyline to the "my husband barely tolerates me and ignores our kids" storyline that the Aydins are offering. Yikes they have no self awareness.

Or Margaret: I own being a homewrecker and maybe have some regrets about how it made other people feel, but it all worked out great (except for the family devastation part) but I'll have an opinion on everybody else's life and make sure the whole world knows it. She wants to be seen as a total free spirit except if you comment on it in which case she'll savage you to the bone.

Dolores and Jackie are the only ones I can think of who actually have dealt candidly with ongoing life issues instead of trying to make good tv.

I am thinking about housewives across the franchises and wondering if you need a storyline if your personality (good or bad) is compelling by itself? I am thinking of Vicki’s, for example. She had the stuff with divorcing Donn and then Brooks but mostly it has just been people wanting to watch her. Or am I wrong? She was just going on vacation when she was screaming about a family van, for example - one of her most infamous lines. 

I think when they try too hard, it is very easy for them to get so mean and that is a turn off for a lot of viewers. 

To me, Jersey was most must-see-TV when the dorters were younger before the legal trouble and the unending Gorga drama. I guess Danielle brought negativity but she was never interesting to me. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Uh… yeah. Cannot.stand.her.

You know, she's been on "display" since she was a little kid. Teresa and Joe kind of put her out there and we saw her grow up as the show went on. I felt they should have protected her more and not allowed her to be on camera so much especially when she was going through so many personal family issues and trauma. I think over the years and especially during the "prison" years, Gia, as the oldest, had to step in and be a surrogate parent a lot...she took on some adult responsibilities that she probably should have been spared from. It kind of hardened her and made her develop a toughness. Also, she and her siblings went through other emotional upsets like losing both grandparents that they were very close to as well as their father being deported.

Having said that, I'm not giving her a pass...she and her sisters should get some therapy to help sort out all their emotional baggage from their parents problems and the difficult extended family situations that they've had to deal with. They will never heal if they don't get some help. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 5/26/2023 at 4:12 PM, KateHearts said:

Nasty or not, he is her father and there seemed to be a bond with his daughters, especially Milania. I give them all credit for keeping contact and (seemingly) being respectful despite all of the bad water under the bridge.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant what Teresa went through with Juicy Joe, not the daughters.

• Like 3
On 5/24/2023 at 6:27 PM, kristen111 said:

I taped it as usual and watched it three times already.  I love weddings.  No fights this time which was a bonus.  I did love the dress and gloves.  Simple and elegant.  The hair .. well, that’s her.  Lol.  Just wondering if Joe & Melissa will be back next season.

I laughed as my husband said the same after the reception when getting ready to go to the Poconos for our honeymoon.  Threw me on the bed clothes and shoes on.  Now, we can hardly get on the bed, lol.  Arthritis, back issues, etc.  Many years ago.  Those were the days.

I can identify with that, lol. Many years ago and we were at my mom's house in between. She gave me all sorts of dirty looks later. Too late for your disapproval, mom!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/24/2023 at 10:05 PM, RHofOZ said:

For those of you interested there is a podcast called The Bravo Docket, & it examines lawsuits & legal cases faced by Bravo celebrities.  There are episodes on The Gorgas & Margaret which were very interesting. 

I’ve also been reading on different sources that it’s true that Loooie had some of the housewives and their husbands investigated.  I’m beginning to really think they are in deep shit.  They also said Bo Deitl was involved.  ??????  The reunion should be very interesting.

• Like 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’ve also been reading on different sources that it’s true that Loooie had some of the housewives and their husbands investigated.  I’m beginning to really think they are in deep shit.  They also said Bo Deitl was involved.  ??????  The reunion should be very interesting.

In one of the threads here, someone posted Deitl's denial of the investigation claims. As even idiot Tre observed on WWHL, it would be very costly, and Looooie should instead spend that money on her! 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In one of the theeads here, someone posted Deitl's denial of the investigation claims. As even idiot Tre observed on WWHL, it would be very costly, and Looooie should instead spend that money on her! 

Where’s there smoke there’s fire.  Who knows.  

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’ve not been a fan of Jackie but hopefully her and Evan stayed and enjoyed the wedding reception instead of running out with that piece of trash,  Ozempic taking, screaming old asshole hag head, straw for hair, bitter faced asshole .

But how do you really feel about Margaret? 🤣

• LOL 9
On 5/25/2023 at 12:32 AM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Why didn’t Louie wear a face dereddening mask? And something to help with the crazy eyes?

Maybe having sex all day raises his blood pressure and pops his eyes out.  Therefore the red face.  Scary.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

WTF. Spectrum did not record this. Is it on demand or the Bravo app? Would you search by Teal Housewives of New Jersey or was there a different title to this episode? Thanks. 

I’m in N.Y and have Optimum.  The wedding is on here on Demand on the Bravo channel, if that helps.  I’m not technical, but try your “On Demand” if you have it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Just got to Teresa walking down the aisle…. Husband walks into the room and asks with all sincerity “Is she a man?” (I do watch Ru Paul’s drag race) 😳!

Funny, and mine said “Boy, she really has long hair”.  Clueless.

• LOL 8