Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Forever And Always

• Start Topic

I really want to know what podcasts Clark chose for the drive to chemo.

Good on Lana for reprimanding Sarah for being rude to Chrissy. I'm not a fan of the relationship with Kyle but she hasn't done anything wrong.

I love how the boys going behind Clark's back involves sneaking to the fortress to ask Grandma for help. I still think Bruno will give his serum to Lois but putting her through the risky Kryptonian treatment is now on the table so who knows.

Younger Bruno talking about making deals with Lex has an almost naive optimism that I find endearing.

Peia your best way to avoid setting off Lois' reporter senses is to not start acting suspicious. Just say you've seen Bruno walking past a few times at the hospital and restaurant but you've never said anything other than an occasional hello.

I love Tyler's Dorky Clark Kent expressions.

Um, Jon? SnuggleMuffin? You're totally freaking out.

I would love to see Lois start giving out friendship jewelry. 

Hee, I like Sarah being impressed by Chrissy sneaking snacks into the movies as well as her pot gummies. Bonding!

Ok so Bruno is full on admitting culpability to the experiments to Clark. Someone feels confident nothing will happen to him.

And now Peia's admitted Bruno's her husband. Honesty!

Glad Peia got to ring the bell. Screw cancer indeed!

I wonder if they'll have Bitsie pretend her real hair is a wig for Lois at some point?

I love Lana and Sarah setting off fireworks.

So Peia's really a Canary? 

No shock Mateo's their kid.

• Like 1
(edited)

Season ends with a multifamily cookout and fireworks. 

Cannabis is not legal in Kansas. It is possible she got them for Lois   

i wonder if Brunos treatment and a kryptonian one can/will be mixed into something that may work on humans. 

Edited by Affogato

I am glad they finally revealed Matteo's their kid, but the way they acted like it was a reveal...c'mon we all know. I was happy to be correct that he's not spying for his parents and this is all just a remarkable coincidence. 

Clark Kent and Lois Lane acting like their boys aren't going to be nosing around looking for answers. They are your kids you should really anticipate them finding stuff out and just telling them first. The conversation between the four of them at the end felt very real. I appreciated Clark's response to Jon lashing out and pulling "humans vs. Kryptonians" argument. He was very understanding and I loved hearing him state out loud that "You are just as Kryptonian as Jordan. And your brother's just as human as you." Partially for the Dad-ness of Clark trying to keep those barriers from keeping the kids apart when they're the only ones who understand what they're going through and partly for the "yay, the writers explicitly said it. They remember!"

Always love fireworks. 

I did not anticipate Peia having powers all along, so that was an interesting reveal.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I was happy to be correct that he's not spying for his parents and this is all just a remarkable coincidence.

I mean, he really couldn't have been, since no one knew in advance that Natalie would be at that party in Metropolis.

The Fridge Logic is that he could find Sarah online two episodes ago without his profile on whatever platform it was revealing his surname, unless his parents have him use a fake one to avoid association with Bruno's reputation.

54 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

and I loved hearing him state out loud that "You are just as Kryptonian as Jordan. And your brother's just as human as you." Partially for the Dad-ness of Clark trying to keep those barriers from keeping the kids apart when they're the only ones who understand what they're going through and partly for the "yay, the writers explicitly said it. They remember!"

Finally, someone said it! And honestly, someone needs to point out that Kryptonians didn't even have powers on their home planet.

56 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I did not anticipate Peia having powers all along, so that was an interesting reveal.

I thought that might be the case when she said she was different from the girl Bruno knew. I'm glad they're not having Clark's blood give people random powers that Kryptonians don't have.

What a wonderful episode. Once again, this season has been knocking it out of the park. I've been very impressed with each episode; it's SUCH a massive step up from season 2. 

Yeah, I think everyone called Matteo being a Manheim. That's not the reveal you thought it was, show. But I will say, they gave a compelling backstory to Bruno/Peia. The show did a good job at establishing more sympathetic antagonists. The show actually does this a lot; they'll introduce a villain at the start of the season, then make them appear sympathetic before revealing a bigger big bad. Though Bruno/Peia will likely stay antagonists, they do seem to want the audience to see their reasons for doing what they did.

How I see Bruno is a guy who's made bad decisions but for the right reasons. He's still doing bad things, but he really believes his heart is in the right place. It adds a layer of complexity to an antagonist that works well.

I loved Jonathan taking more of a role this episode with him stepping up to find a way to cure his mother. I think this was the first glimmer of pre-series Jonathan/Jordan (Jon being more active, Jordan being quieter and taking a backseat), but it worked so well. Jon's the one who really, really cares and would do anything to help others, but especially Lois. Not that Jordan wouldn't, but Jon usually takes a more active approach, so it made so much sense for him to step up. Plus, we got him reminding Clark that not everyone can have hope in these situations (something he needed to hear) and we have our first Clark/Jon scene where Clark reminds Jon that he's also half Kryptonian. This show tends to forget that, so that's why this episode is so great.

I didn't hate the Chrissy/Sarah/Lana plot. I didn't love Sarah taking out her anger on Chrissy, and didn't love Chrissy slightly overstepping with Sarah (she pushed a little too early on bonding with her) but did appreciate how they worked things out, and did like Lana expressing her own feelings.

And Lois shows side effects to chemo finally! As hard as it is to watch, it's great to see this plot be fully explored.

Fantastic episode, especially for the first (?) episode to have no Superman whatsoever (I can't recall an episode without Superman before, even the episode last season where Clark went to Bizarro Earth, I think we still saw Superman at the start or end).

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Lana:  "Okay, John, this is Natalie's first love.  Make sure you maintain your cool about it and don't go into overprotective mode because that will just make her push back against you."

(five minutes later)

John: "Heys, so funny story!  I just did the exact opposite of what you said and it totally blew up in my face!  Whoops!!!"

Yeah, not surprised that seeing the chemo effects that Lois is going through would just cause tensions to rise even further with the boys and finding that Last Will certainly didn't help things (although, maybe find some kind of locked safe for it or something, guys?  Just a thought.)  I also liked them going back to Jonathan's previous issues of feeling more vulnerable since he doesn't have powers, and thinking Clark was being callous about things, even though as Clark pointed, he is still half-Kryptonite just like Jordan.  Glad they are at a better spot now, but I suspect those feelings will always be with Jonathan unless he ever gains powers as well.

So, Bruno and Peia don't merely have thing for one another, but knew each other since childhood and are even married.  Also, she actually had powers all along, so this isn't a side effect of whatever experiments are going on.  Oh, and in less surprising news, Matteo is their son.  Kind of figured that reveal was coming, but I'm curious to see how this all plays out.  Bruno obviously has crossed way too many lines and will get his just desserts as some point, but I continue to find him to be one of the most compelling antagonists out there.  Chad L. Coleman continues to deliver on all fronts.

I wonder if the age difference between Kyle and Chrissy really was that big of an issue for Sarah, because I suspect that she probably would have been upset no matter what once finding out her father moved on already.

Definitely noticed them building up to this universe's version of Lex Luthor.  That should be fun!

• Like 6
(edited)

This episode made me want a Clark Kent series where he just acts as a tenacious investigative reporter taking down bad guys with the power of the pen (and a little x-ray vision and super hearing).

Also...

Since they already had Sophie for one brief non-speaking role, couldn't they have at least added her to the fireworks scene with Lana and Sara, too? 

#stilltheinvisiblekid 😔

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Like 7
(edited)

I hope the show goes out on this limb again and again and realizes it doesn't have to stick in superheroics every episode. Just show the Kents being the Kents, and it's all good. 

Am I imagining it, or in the flashbacks did Bruno seem more "street" in the way he talked versus contemporary Bruno?

I wonder if Matteo has abilities too...And if we're going to see a Mateo vs. Bug superfight.

Did we know before this episode that  JHI and Nat had adopted the last name "Johnson"? I don't remember it having come up.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

That's what I was wondering.

That Matteo reveal was called when he first appeared. He seems like a kid with not a care in the world, not one with a mom dying of cancer. Maybe he's in denial too. His instant love for Natalie is lame.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Yeah, not surprised that seeing the chemo effects that Lois is going through would just cause tensions to rise even further with the boys and finding that Last Will certainly didn't help things (although, maybe find some kind of locked safe for it or something, guys?  Just a thought.)  I also liked them going back to Jonathan's previous issues of feeling more vulnerable since he doesn't have powers, and thinking Clark was being callous about things, even though as Clark pointed, he is still half-Kryptonite just like Jordan.  Glad they are at a better spot now, but I suspect those feelings will always be with Jonathan unless he ever gains powers as well.

Jon and Jordan are just fortunate Lois was feeling guilty about putting on a brave face - snooping through her stuff seems like the sort of thing that would earn them a very long grounding. 

I hope Bruno's minions are more competent than the set Peia took out at the end of the flashback. She took them out two at a time and none of them were able to pull out their guns and shoot.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I really want to know what podcasts Clark chose for the drive to chemo.

Good on Lana for reprimanding Sarah for being rude to Chrissy. I'm not a fan of the relationship with Kyle but she hasn't done anything wrong.

I love how the boys going behind Clark's back involves sneaking to the fortress to ask Grandma for help. I still think Bruno will give his serum to Lois but putting her through the risky Kryptonian treatment is now on the table so who knows.

Younger Bruno talking about making deals with Lex has an almost naive optimism that I find endearing.

Peia your best way to avoid setting off Lois' reporter senses is to not start acting suspicious. Just say you've seen Bruno walking past a few times at the hospital and restaurant but you've never said anything other than an occasional hello.

I love Tyler's Dorky Clark Kent expressions.

Um, Jon? SnuggleMuffin? You're totally freaking out.

I would love to see Lois start giving out friendship jewelry. 

Hee, I like Sarah being impressed by Chrissy sneaking snacks into the movies as well as her pot gummies. Bonding!

Ok so Bruno is full on admitting culpability to the experiments to Clark. Someone feels confident nothing will happen to him.

And now Peia's admitted Bruno's her husband. Honesty!

Glad Peia got to ring the bell. Screw cancer indeed!

I wonder if they'll have Bitsie pretend her real hair is a wig for Lois at some point?

No shock Mateo's their kid.

The thing is that it seems clear from what Clark said and what Grandma said, there is at least a chance that something at the Fortress COULD help, but there are two risks: a) Lois might not be able to withstand the effort and b) it would be unfair to use Kryptonian technology to help Lois and not make it available more widely and Clark does not want to make Kryptonian tech available more widely because of Prime Directive-style reasons. This sets up a more interesting conflict (to me, anyway) than can Superman defeat SpiralFace backed up by a whole bunch of Kryptonite weapons? Because we all know the answer to that is "Of course." I'm more interested in why Superman doesn't use whatever Kryptonian tech to do what seem to be benign things. I don't see how curing cancer or mitigating its spread could/should result in Prime Directive-like concerns. And it shows that the talk he has with Bruno about how he would do anything to help Lois isn't exactly true. Lois may be getting the best possible treatment Earth has to offer, but I'm not even sure if that is true. If he pulled some strings as Superman, I bet he could get better treatment for her. And of course I would think in this S&L universe there are other planets besides Earth that might have cancer cures/treatments that are better.

We have yet to see the result of any negotiations with Lex, but given that Bruno is where he is, it seems like Bruno wasn't exactly naive. Lex got what he wanted and Bruno got what he wanted, seemingly. Now it could be that present-day Lex shows up at some point wanting to collect the past-due bill. now that Hobbs Bay doesn't suck. I wonder if it's possible for Bruno to do a face-heel turn?

Bruno didn't actually confess, but essentially said "If I did it...wouldn't I have had good reason to?" Which Clark somewhat denied by saying it would be playing god. But I think Bruno has mostly the better part of the argument. There is no real reason for Bruno to empower criminals when there are presumably any number of people who might jump at the chance to not only heal but also get superpowers who aren't already criminals. I guess the notion is that since SpiralFace is a meta, the testing needs to be done on other metas and there's only so many of those.

I do love it that they are showing Clark as good a reporter as Lois.

We are told that Lois has spent years investigating Bruno. And we now know that Bruno and Peia have Matteo, who has to be 16ish, as he is old enough to drive himself between Metropolis and Smallville. So either Lois did not do a particularly good job digging into Bruno's background to not know that he was married to Peia, or Bruno and Peia did a great job of keeping their marriage a secret. 

I was unfamiliar with the ringing the bell thing. Since we're not on broadcast TV: Fuck cancer!

I would be in favor of the Kents moving back to Metropolis full-time. The show doesn't seem interested any more in exploring anything particularly related to Smallville life for the Kents. In contrast to the first season, there's almost nothing to do with the mines, with the farm, with Smallville High, or really anything that could not just as easily take place in Metropolis. I'd be down to drop the Cortez/Cushings as regular characters, and to open up some plots that being in Metropolis would open. I don't really care that much about Chrissy, but she could always get a Daily Planet job if they wanted to keep the character around.  I wonder if SnuggleMuffin has looked up his ex there now that he and his Smallville girl have broken up?

Peia's not just a Canary...she's a Black Canary! Tip your waitresses!

• Useful 1

Is this the first episode of the entire series where Superman doesn't appear in costume at all?  The show really saved some money on special effects by having no real flying and just having Peia open her mouth like a Canary.  No fights.

Seems like the theme was about everyone trying to get along.  Lana/Chrissy, Sarah/Chrissy, John Henry / Matteo, Lois/Clark/Bruno.

Lana talking about how everyone has moved on except for her.  It's obvious she is going to move on with John Henry.

5 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I would be in favor of the Kents moving back to Metropolis full-time. The show doesn't seem interested any more in exploring anything particularly related to Smallville life for the Kents. In contrast to the first season, there's almost nothing to do with the mines, with the farm, with Smallville High, or really anything that could not just as easily take place in Metropolis. I'd be down to drop the Cortez/Cushings as regular characters, and to open up some plots that being in Metropolis would open. I don't really care that much about Chrissy, but she could always get a Daily Planet job if they wanted to keep the character around.  I wonder if SnuggleMuffin has looked up his ex there now that he and his Smallville girl have broken up?

I get that Lois has been investigating Bruno Mannheim for years, but how is it exactly that she has carried that investigation over to the Gazette?  Whatever Mannheim is doing in Metropolis doesn't exactly affect the residents of Smallville directly, and most of Smallville is too far away from Mannheim to care.  I know that Lois has carte blanche to do whatever she wants at the Gazette since she's one of only two reporters, but I don't understand who is reporting on the local happenings when Lois never seems to spend any time in Smallville anymore.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I get that Lois has been investigating Bruno Mannheim for years, but how is it exactly that she has carried that investigation over to the Gazette?  Whatever Mannheim is doing in Metropolis doesn't exactly affect the residents of Smallville directly, and most of Smallville is too far away from Mannheim to care.  I know that Lois has carte blanche to do whatever she wants at the Gazette since she's one of only two reporters, but I don't understand who is reporting on the local happenings when Lois never seems to spend any time in Smallville anymore.

Chrissy is probably doing it when she's not going on dates with Kyle, getting stoned, etc.  There's really not much going on in Smallville at the moment, so two reporters is overkill.  

6 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

If he pulled some strings as Superman, I bet he could get better treatment for her.

Forget Superman, what about Sam?  He's a 4 star general - a man like that should have friends in very high places, both in and out of the military.  But there's been no mention of him being able to do anything more than a regular person. 

• Like 1

For a superhero show, it’s doing a fabulous job of showing the struggle that can so often be involved in the push and pull of being human - extraordinary vs. “ordinary” within the Kent family, finding the balance in romantic relationships, from Chrissy and (the albeit unseen this episode) Kyle to Nat and Mateo, and particularly the moral ambiguity of a “bad” man acting with good motives, vs a good man struggling not to use what he may have in his arsenal to save the woman he loves, lest it tip the balance against the greater good.  In Clark’s face I see that he is perhaps edging towards Bruno’s argument - it will be interesting to see what happens next.  

MVP this episode was definitely Michael Bishop - his sense of helplessness and fear at his mother’s fragile humanity made me feel for him for no doubt drawing on painful personal experience.  

I did love Lois’s nod to the boys looking alike because of their eyebrows 😂

What I didn’t like was the face Peia pulled when she went full Canary - I suppose I’m too used to Katie Cassidy’s version.

And triple yes to the “screw cancer”!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I hope the show goes out on this limb again and again and realizes it doesn't have to stick in superheroics every episode. Just show the Kents being the Kents, and it's all good.

I'm sure some people don't like it, but I do. This is not just a superhero show but also a family drama. Which is also why we get plotlines about the Cushings.

14 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Did we know before this episode that  JHI and Nat had adopted the last name "Johnson"? I don't remember it having come up.

I believe this is the first time it's been mentioned.

7 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Bruno didn't actually confess, but essentially said "If I did it...wouldn't I have had good reason to?" Which Clark somewhat denied by saying it would be playing god. But I think Bruno has mostly the better part of the argument. There is no real reason for Bruno to empower criminals when there are presumably any number of people who might jump at the chance to not only heal but also get superpowers who aren't already criminals. I guess the notion is that since SpiralFace is a meta, the testing needs to be done on other metas and there's only so many of those.

Maybe he wants to use criminals because they're criminals.

7 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

We are told that Lois has spent years investigating Bruno. And we now know that Bruno and Peia have Matteo, who has to be 16ish, as he is old enough to drive himself between Metropolis and Smallville. So either Lois did not do a particularly good job digging into Bruno's background to not know that he was married to Peia, or Bruno and Peia did a great job of keeping their marriage a secret.

According to the show, it's the latter. How possible that would be in real life, I don't know.

17 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Also, she actually had powers all along, so this isn't a side effect of whatever experiments are going on.

16 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Since they already had Sophie for one brief non-speaking role, couldn't they have at least added her to the fireworks scene with Lana and Sara, too?

The two posts above were exactly what I was thinking throughout the episode.  Maybe in time, we'll find out how/why Peia already has powers without Mannheim's experiments, but man - they really missed out on having the Lana and her kids (plural) getting some good bonding time!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

The nice thing about being a Pulitzer winner and co-owner of a paper is that you can follow and print any story you want. :)

Even though Intergang/Mannheim's connection to Smallville isn't particularly strong/known to Lois (we the audience know that Spiral Face is connected to Mannheim, and Spiral Face apparently had some shady deal with former Mayor Dean and attacked Lana and JHI over it, Lois can cover whatever she wants.

One might think that the Smallville Gazette has an oversized footprint, since it broke the story about the Bizarro Universe merging with the S&L universe.

(edited)
On 5/2/2023 at 9:00 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I loved Clark using his super vision to see who was setting them off:  "It's Lana and Sarah".  I wonder if it had been someone else, he would have carted them off to jail for creating a fire hazard  😄

They sure are making Bruno a sympathetic figure, for being a villain.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:00 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I still think Bruno will give his serum to Lois but putting her through the risky Kryptonian treatment is now on the table so who knows.

Grandma was saying the Kryptonian treatment was dangerous, but Clark seemed more concerned with the moral dilemma that they would have to share the Kryptonian treatment with the world if they let Lois have it.  Makes me wonder if it's really as dangerous as they say, or if Grandma was covering up for them.

Edited by rmontro
  • Like 3
(edited)

The cancer storyline is dark and difficult material but I agree that it’s so well done and is really making this a terrific season

I’m surprised a Black Canary got cancer and can’t fight it off naturally but maybe I assume too much

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, rmontro said:

They sure are making Bruno a sympathetic figure, for being a villain.

And this is where the Show is losing me. Based on comments I've read, this is an unpopular opinion.

As for Lois losing her hair, this show could do what Murphy Brown did for Candace Bergin. Give her a wig that shows the hair loss. Candace also did a fantastic job with that story line in her show.

52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for Lois losing her hair, this show could do what Murphy Brown did for Candace Bergin. Give her a wig that shows the hair loss. Candace also did a fantastic job with that story line in her show.

In an interview Elizabeth did about this season, she said they added extensions/pieces to her hair at the beginning of the season and they will gradually take pieces out to show the effect of her losing her hair.

Another great episode. I really like how this family talks to each other and apologizes to each other. I like that the twins are not just allowed to talk to their parents anyway they want.

How does Matteo not know anything is going on with his mom?

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn't realize Murphy Brown did a cancer storyline.  Wow, that really sounds realistic.

24 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I didn't realize Murphy Brown did a cancer storyline.  Wow, that really sounds realistic.

Yes, in the final season they gave Murphy breast cancer and viewers saw how she she dealt with the chemo, loss of hair, etc. Olivia Newton-John also made a cameo. If I hadn’t known it was a wig, I would have thought that really was Murphy with that hair loss. She wore “wigs” when she was at the studio, but when at home with her son, she removed it so viewers could “see” the results of the chemo.

Topic?

Lois’s hair still looks too healthy and shiny to me. Cutting away the extensions doesn’t convince me. The hair becomes dry, brittle and falls off in clumps.

Maybe they should have had Lois get the “cold cap” that Olivia Newton-John used so she wouldn’t lose her hair. 

And I’m not pleased that now I’m not supposed to see Manheim as a villain, but a good guy who has done bad things to save his wife and community.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Lois’s hair still looks too healthy and shiny to me. Cutting away the extensions doesn’t convince me. The hair becomes dry, brittle and falls off in clumps.

Do we know how many treatments Lois has had though?  I don't think the hair loss necessarily starts immediately.  I'm sure it's coming, unless they hit the "Kryptonian treatments" first.

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe they should have had Lois get the “cold cap” that Olivia Newton-John used so she wouldn’t lose her hair. 

Wasn't this what she was supposed to have been wearing during her treatment in this episode? Bitsie Tulloch mentioned having Lois use one to better help explain why Lois won't be going completely bald. (She says she offered to shave her head for the storyline, but the producers declined.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, metaphor said:

Wasn't this what she was supposed to have been wearing during her treatment in this episode?

She and another patient in the chemo treatment room were wearing what looked like a gray cap, and I wondered whether that was supposed to be a cold cap. But I think cold caps need to be attached to something to keep them cold (based on images I found in a Google search), and the ones I found in the search did not look like the one she and the other patient was wearing. So I don't know what the point was of showing those gray caps. Peia was not wearing one, though she did have a black scarf covering her head.

6 hours ago, rmontro said:

Do we know how many treatments Lois has had though?  I don't think the hair loss necessarily starts immediately.  I'm sure it's coming, unless they hit the "Kryptonian treatments" first.

I can only speak for myself. But my hair started falling off and turned into the consistency of a brillo pad after my second treatment. I think Lois has had two now? Maybe three?

33 minutes ago, Paloma said:

She and another patient in the chemo treatment room were wearing what looked like a gray cap, and I wondered whether that was supposed to be a cold cap. But I think cold caps need to be attached to something to keep them cold (based on images I found in a Google search), and the ones I found in the search did not look like the one she and the other patient was wearing. So I don't know what the point was of showing those gray caps. Peia was not wearing one, though she did have a black scarf covering her head.

I think that gray cap was just because it was cold weather. Peia's black scarf is what we women, after losing all our hair wear to keep the head warm. I wore one of those myself, and also wore it under my wig so my head wouldn't itch.

And yeah, the cold cap has to be attached to something and the point of that cap is so you won't lose your hair. Which Olivia Newton-John didn't.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Peia's black scarf is what we women, after losing all our hair wear to keep the head warm. I wore one of those myself, and also wore it under my wig so my head wouldn't itch.

I'm sorry to hear that you know this from personal experience. Hope you are doing well.

1 minute ago, Paloma said:

I'm sorry to hear that you know this from personal experience. Hope you are doing well.

Thank you, yes. Remission for 8 years now.

Didn't meant to derail the topic. It's just that I can't help comparing my experience to what the show is doing.

• Hugs 3

That was another really good episode, the show really is handling this cancer story really well, from many different angles. I love when they focus on the Kent's and their family dynamic, it feels so real and sweet. They argue but communicate with each other so their arguments tend to make sense and not feel TV contrived and you can always understand everyone's points of view. I can see how Clark and Lois are trying to put on a brave face for the boys, but also why the boys are upset that their parents are obviously keepings things from them and aren't explaining things. Its rough, but its all obviously out of love, even if its frustrating. I really liked the talk that Lois had with the boys and then Clark and Jon talking, and I am so glad that Clark reminded him that he's just as Kyptonian as Jordan and Jordan is just as human as he is, even if Jordan is the one with powers. Just because he didn't get the powers doesn't mean that he doesn't have the same heritage. 

Clark and Lois really need to better lock their secret papers up, they really should have guessed that the sons of ace investigative reporters Clark and Lois would end up rummaging around finding out secrets. 

I love cute nerd reporter Clark Kent, I would love to have him back to do a few more stories. 

Bruno and Peia are certainly interesting antagonists, I liked getting more of their backstory. Bruno might have done/is doing bad things, but he really does seem like he has good intentions. Clark and Lois looked pretty chummy with them by the end, it makes me wonder if they will end up teaming up with them to go after a bigger bad guy. Maybe Lex finally appears after he was name dropped here? 

Lots of romance going on, we get more of Kyle/Chrissie, John/Lana teasing, and Nat and Matteo are still having their cute teen puppy love, which is certainly about to get more complicated considering his parents are Bruno and Peia! Not exactly a shock, the love interest of a hero being related to a villain is a pretty common trope, plus the actor definitely looks like his parents, but I'm relived that Matteo really does like Nat and this isn't part of some kind of scheme to spy on her. Not only would it make no sense, it would just suck so much for Nat. Does he have powers too? Considering Peia had powers before Bruno started his experiments, its possible. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought she was wearing a cold cap in this episode. 

The reveal of Matteo being Mannheim's kid, on the heels of the revelation that Peia is Mannheim's wife, is one coincidence too many for this plot.   Is there just one black family in Metropolis?

Peia was an almost sympathetic character right up to the point that she drilled sonic holes through the chests of Mannheim's associates.   I'm not buying the attempt to blur the lines re: the Mannheims.  They're villains.   Villains dealing with a family crisis, but villains all the same.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1