Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Bill Black

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Will goes undercover as Bill Black, a criminal with a troubled past, to take down a drug organization and find a missing DEA agent. Meanwhile, Angie aims to put her relationship with Will behind her and take matters with Lenny into her own hands.

Air date: 04.18.23

• Useful 1

BEVIN BRU
167108_0704-900x0.jpg
JOSE PABLO CANTILLO
167108_0395-400x0.jpg

It was an OK episode, I don't understand how the social media influencer can run around in the courtyard and find a ride, when Will can't walk two feet without being attacked and why is the social media influencer telling everybody they can see what Will Trent's real name is and that he is GBI. 

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 6

I somehow didn't realize there'd be an episode tonight, until there it was. I was happy to see one.

Angie telling Betty how she really feels, and Angie with the girl at the station, made me even sadder that she's not honest with Will, She seems to think she can't trust the ne person she absolutely CAN trust. 

Faith needing to tell Oremwood to have his partner's back was quite a scene. He really is a dummy, isn't he? But it looks like he actually took the advice, so... okay? I hate to root for corruption, but I guess we'll see where the show decides to take that.

I knew they wouldn't hurt Will, because he's the lead on the show. But I was still tense all episode. I don't want him to go undercover again.

• Like 14
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

Angie telling Betty how she really feels, and Angie with the girl at the station, made me even sadder that she's not honest with Will, She seems to think she can't trust the ne person she absolutely CAN trust. 

I get the sense that one or both of these is the case:

• she knows he's honourable and doesn't want him to stop her from doing something that isn't (for her own protection)
  • she knows she's spiraling and doesn't want to drag him down with her

9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I knew they wouldn't hurt Will, because he's the lead on the show. But I was still tense all episode. I don't want him to go undercover again.

That whole sequence was intense!

• Like 17
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

I get the sense that one or both of these is the case:

• she knows he's honourable and doesn't want him to stop her from doing something that isn't (for her own protection)
  • she knows she's spiraling and doesn't want to drag him down with her

Those are both good theories, I'll just add that she doesn't want him to think badly of her. He's her closest person and she knows she'll disappoint him, as she has so many times before.

I'm glad his undercover assignment was just one episode. It seems like that kind of thing gets dragged out on most shows.

I thought pretty highly of Angie (corruption slippery slope or not) and the way she protected the girl and her mother from consequences. Of course, the girl is going to be pretty messed up as a result of killing him. So I hope there's some follow up on her helping the girl.

• Like 14

Yes, Faith telling Oremwood to have his partner's back was just the set-up for the mess that followed.  For Angie and Oremwood's sake, I hope this cover-up holds.  But I don't think it had to go down that way anyway.  I get Angie wanting to protect the girl, but I find it hard to believe that even if Angie had laid everything out the way it actually happened, the authorities wouldn't have had mercy on the girl.  I just think the way TPTB did it is to set-up some extra drama down the line (of course).

As for Will's undercover, glad it's over but yes, that was intense there at the end.

• Like 7

I obviously knew that Will would be fine, but that was still pretty intense, glad that Will being undercover was only for one episode. I guessed quickly that the cousin that was flirting with Will was going to be the mysterious head of the gang, I thought that it was either her or the guy she was taking care of in the other room and he was actually the head guy. Just an intense episode all around between Will almost dying way too many times and everything with Angie. 

I knew that Angie's rapist foster father would end turning his nasty attention towards his new girlfriends daughter, but I didn't see the daughter killing him coming. Even if she doesn't get dragged into a possible murder case she is going to be seriously messed up after all of this. Its really too bad that Angie feels like she cant tell Will about all of this, because she doesn't want to drag him into a mess, because she doesn't want him to think badly of her, whatever the reason, but at least she has Betty.  

Faith really had to spell it out for Oremwood didn't she?

The sequence of events was a bit confusing, but I like that some of the residents that Will/Bill got to know around the apartment complex ended up helping him out.

• Like 6

The girl stabbing the abuser did seem unnecessary-- Angie had her gun on the guy and he looked like he wasn't going anywhere. I was shocked that she stabbed him even after he was subdued. I think that makes it even more grey-- I mean, sure, she had a right to hate his guts, but if she had stabbed him in self-defense rather than AFTER he was already pinned by Angie's gun, it would have been a much more open and shut case where the girl could get leniency.

I was pleasantly surprised that the girl's mom actually did defend her when she caught them. I thought she was the type who will go to her grave defending her man and being in denial.

• Like 12

With just 2 episodes left this season, I think there are two possibilities 

1) Angie and Ormwood’s deception works, but next season, Angie spirals with guilt

2) it doesn’t work and Angie is charged with murder and goes on trial in the last episode of the season. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

And Angie is/becomes a hero because she doesn't let on that the girl who was abused actually killed the scumbag stepfather.

Angie should be more knowledgeable about how to fake a crime scene though.

I'm tired of Angie's on and off stuff with Will.  Doesn't he get tired of it?  Then she lays on the "one-night stand" scenario to guilt trip him.

Betty is a patient dog.

• Like 5

I think if Angie had left the whole thing as it was, just called for back up at the point which the girl killed her stepfather, even though it wasn't in self defense, it would have been much better. The girl, backed by her mother and a decent lawyer (who would get a psych evaluation done showing the damage inflicted by the stepdad's molestation which caused a "fight or flight" response...yadda yadda ...I'm not a lawyer and I could write this case), would most likely not be charged at all given the stepfather's priors, right? Then she would be openly able to receive healing therapy with the situation completely out in the open. Angie really made a bad situation worse (for herself especially) unless I'm missing something.

• Like 9
  • Love 4

I was busy during this episode, though I was in the room when it was on.  I look forward to watching it again.  I do recall one thing, clearly.  Will gets sexier every week.  I think he’s really hot, only I can’t see him with Angie.  I’d like to see him in a healthy relationship.  

• Like 6

The show has, from the very first episode, portrayed Will as helping to expose corrupt cops in the department, so I think that seeing how they handle what Angie did will be very interesting from a character standpoint. When he inevitably finds out what she did, will he side with her and try to help her, or will he turn his back on her once and for all because even more than personally jerking him around, fabricating evidence and covering things up is his line in the sand?

Or... something else? I really don't know what I think Will or the show will do.

Oremwood specifically hated Will in the beginning, because of Will getting Oremwood's partner in trouble and generally "betraying" the corrupt cops who were fabricating evidence. So this is really bringing that issue full circle.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

The show has, from the very first episode, portrayed Will as helping to expose corrupt cops in the department, so I think that seeing how they handle what Angie did will be very interesting from a character standpoint. When he inevitably finds out what she did, will he side with her and try to help her, or will he turn his back on her once and for all because even more than personally jerking him around, fabricating evidence and covering things up is his line in the sand?

Or... something else? I really don't know what I think Will or the show will do.

Oremwood specifically hated Will in the beginning, because of Will getting Oremwood's partner in trouble and generally "betraying" the corrupt cops who were fabricating evidence. So this is really bringing that issue full circle.

Imo, Will will go to great lengths to protect Angie and likely to throw himself on the sword for her.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

OMG, whoever hired that wooden and no-talent person playing Rosa should be fired.  She was pathetic.  And her brother/cousin whoever Gabriel was just as bad. 

What was that line they used about killing the DEA agent in the bedroom?  Something about "Taking care of him in a lethal way" or something equally stupid?

I didn't like this episode much.  I did like Lenny gushing blood.  Carotids do spurt, but that blood looked way too thick and fake.  

This gets a C- from me, and that makes me sad. 

I do like Ormewood jumping on board to help Angie with Lenny.  But they should have wrapped him up in a rug & "disappeared" him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'm tired of Angie's on and off stuff with Will.  Doesn't he get tired of it?  Then she lays on the "one-night stand" scenario to guilt trip him.

I agree with you 100%.  I am so sick of Angie and the way she treats Will.  Go or stay, but stop this nonsense of Will being the last person you confide in - he should be the first.  Good grief, he's loved her ever since they were teenagers.  He stole a car to drive her to get an abortion and he told her then that he'd always be in her corner - and he has.  He's gotten nothing in return but booty-calls which can only last so long.  Angie is selfish and I wish she would go away forever and let Will Trent have some chance of a normal love life.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I'm tired of Angie's issues too - but they are both damaged people who've clung to each other because they understand each other, and have experienced trauma together. I think Angie both loves Will, and hates that he knows her darkest parts (even while needing him to guide her through the dark) so she can't hide herself from him. It's complicated and I can understand why they both cling to a relationship that isn't healthy for either of them. But yeah, I do feel for Will more, which in many ways makes no sense - it's just that Angie's damage makes her less likeable even though I should feel for her.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I hope Ormewood will come to his senses before getting too involved in Angie’s latest fiasco. Yes you need to have your partner’s back but you also don’t want to lose your job because of it. Think about your wife and kids. Do you think Angie will do the same for you? You know she is impulsive and can be quite selfish.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm tired of Angie's issues too - but they are both damaged people who've clung to each other because they understand each other, and have experienced trauma together. I think Angie both loves Will, and hates that he knows her darkest parts (even while needing him to guide her through the dark) so she can't hide herself from him. It's complicated and I can understand why they both cling to a relationship that isn't healthy for either of them. But yeah, I do feel for Will more, which in many ways makes no sense - it's just that Angie's damage makes her less likeable even though I should feel for her.

Youj're right of course and I should be ashamed for having so little compassion for Angie.  But when she says things that she knows will hurt Will (i.e. the baby may not even be yours or next time I'll go to a bar), it really irks me because it's just cruel.  Yes Will is damaged but he's not wallowing in it like Angie.  He is at least trying to function as a human being.  She is not.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I think the things that are the most frustrating about this show…e.g. Angie and Will’s background and relationship for example, are also the things things that set this show apart from the usual police procedural with the interchangeable characters.  

• Like 12

What I learned over the years, is that while some people may be damaged due to childhood trauma, they may still be able to operate in society and have good relationships, even it it requires therapy, patience and understanding. On the other hand, SOME people are incapable of maintaining personal relationships.  They thrive on chaos, drama, deception, self sabotage and conflict.  Some have Borderline Personality Disorder.  It’s resistant to treatment.  There are some famous ones in the media, especially celebrities and reality tv stars.   It’s unfortunate, because the one they say they love, is usually the one they torture.  It reminds me of Angie.  

Does this sound familiar?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/borderline-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20370237

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 5

I wouldn't say that Angie thrives on crisis and chaos, but I agree she's super damaged and is mired in it at the moment.

The thing is, what she experienced and what Will experienced were similar in some ways but also in some ways different, so part of the reason they are coping at different levels might be their inherent capacities, but it's also about what they went through damaging them in different ways because it was different experiences.

I have had a lot of damaged people in my life over the years and at this point I just don't have the patience. But when I did, it wasn't all bad-- there was some depth to them, and the parts of us that connected were real. I get why Will sticks with her, even though I also get why he might decide not to. It's a mess from every direction and I find it frustrating but also pretty realistically portrayed.

I find Angie love-worthy, but I also don't know if I could handle being by her side. It's sad.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

So was Angie not using drugs?  She was hoarding the drug to try to kill the rapist?  I am very sad about the block this escapade will put between Will and Angie. 

No, she wasn't using the drug.  I thought she was going to plant it on the rapist, but she didn't correct Will when he said she was going to kill him and make it look like an OD.  And Will knows her better and she did tell the rapist she was going to kill him, so I guess that was her plan.

• Like 7

Of course Angie is love-worthy, but I wish she would grow as a person and become more self-aware.  In addition to her meetings, she should be in some sort of private therapy.

2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

So was Angie not using drugs?  She was hoarding the drug to try to kill the rapist?  I am very sad about the block this escapade will put between Will and Angie. 

Answered above.  Just to add, she flushed all that lovely heroin down the toilet and then purchased some more?  Or did she just pretend to flush it (we heard the toilet go but didn't actually see it go down)?

• Like 4
20 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I hope Ormewood will come to his senses before getting too involved in Angie’s latest fiasco. Yes you need to have your partner’s back but you also don’t want to lose your job because of it. Think about your wife and kids. Do you think Angie will do the same for you? You know she is impulsive and can be quite selfish.

And yet she's taking the rap for a MURDER, for a girl she barely knows.  Yes, it's wrapped up in her past traumas, but it's a significant sacrifice to her freedom & entire life. 

I think Will gets more sympathy here because he's cute.  But he's as fucked up as she is, we just don't see all his demons coming to the surface.  He has NO reluctance to jump in bed with her at the drop of a hat, while romancing another woman for the job.  

I like Will, but HE'S the one that keeps going back for more when it comes to Angie.  When a person won't say NO, it's on them.

People will treat you the way YOU let them.  

• Like 6
21 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Youj're right of course and I should be ashamed for having so little compassion for Angie.  But when she says things that she knows will hurt Will (i.e. the baby may not even be yours or next time I'll go to a bar), it really irks me because it's just cruel.  Yes Will is damaged but he's not wallowing in it like Angie.  He is at least trying to function as a human being.  She is not.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm frustrated with Angie too and have trouble feeling compassion. I was taking a step back and thinking about their experiences and how they feed into what's happening with them. Understanding is not the same thing as approving, or even being patient with them. At least not from my personal experiences.

13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Answered above.  Just to add, she flushed all that lovely heroin down the toilet and then purchased some more?  Or did she just pretend to flush it (we heard the toilet go but didn't actually see it go down)?

And my eco-sensitive self said "NOooo, don't flush that stuff into the water system!" But you're right, she probably didn't flush it.

• Like 2
On 4/19/2023 at 11:09 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was busy during this episode, though I was in the room when it was on.  I look forward to watching it again.  I do recall one thing, clearly.  Will gets sexier every week.  I think he’s really hot, only I can’t see him with Angie.  I’d like to see him in a healthy relationship.  

Yes he does!  I have a huge crush on him!

• Like 4

Angie did tell Betty that she just needed to take care of this one thing and then she'll leave Will alone.  I forget her exact wording, but Angie knew she was bad for Will and she felt bad about it, which is why she planned to leave after she took care of Lenny.  She probably also knew there was a good chance that she would end up in prison herself, but that's a chance she was willing to take (you do what you have to do) and either way she'd be out of Will's hair at that point.

After Crystal stabbed Lenny and Angie shooed them out of there, I actually laughed when Angie was talking to Lenny's corpse.  Something like "This isn't how I'd planned it, but you're dead now you piece of shit, so... good."

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

And my eco-sensitive self said "NOooo, don't flush that stuff into the water system!" But you're right, she probably didn't flush it.

That's also what I was thinking too -- the drugs that get dumped into our water systems!

• Like 2

With a good lawyer,  the girl wasn't going to any time or much time. She stabbed her abuser in the heat of passion. I really dislike it when shows make things more complicated than they need to be. I'm extremely tired of Will and Angie and it's only been 11 episodes. Only two more are left this season. I need to know if Will has ever had any real romantic relationships outside of his toxic Co dependency relationship with Angie?  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Simba122504 said:

With a good lawyer,  the girl wasn't going to any time or much time. She stabbed her abuser in the heat of passion. I really dislike it when shows make things more complicated than they need to be. 

I would disagree since the guy only went as far as touching her leg. Murdering him for that seems excessive. She only knew he was a pervert because someone else told her he was, not really by his actions. His coming into her room at night could be explained away because he thought he hear something. It doesn't help that the police was there and the guy was subdued and being arrested when she decided to stab him. If it was me on the jury, I wouldn't be sympathetic to her case.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

I would disagree since the guy only went as far as touching her leg. Murdering him for that seems excessive. She only knew he was a pervert because someone else told her he was, not really by his actions. His coming into her room at night could be explained away because he thought he hear something. It doesn't help that the police was there and the guy was subdued and being arrested when she decided to stab him. If it was me on the jury, I wouldn't be sympathetic to her case.

The first time was just touching her legs. She didn't answer when Angie asked her again at the house. It's a voluntary manslaughter conviction or a not guilty verdict depending. Her mother would be the villain given she gave her daughter to a sexual predator by dating him. The only thing is getting a private firm to take her case with no money, but the story would make the news,  so she would find one. 

• Useful 1

Hated this one. No more undercover please. Angie is severely damaged and needs psychotherapy. Even so, I just can’t stand her. How is that these 2 wound up in the same job anyway?  She is no good for Will.  
The girls trauma seemed out of proportion to what happened to her. I’ve had similar done to me  and the reaction was more anger & well, not feeling murderous. Especially when he was going to be arrested . Just get this person out of your life. It’s absolutely wrong & disgusting etc etc.  but the mother was getting them out of the situation. She had no reason to fear him anymore. That girl not getting mental help for that alone would be a shame. Now she’s a murderer & has to hide it the rest of her life & can’t get therapy for that either. Good going Angie , there’s going to be another one of you or worse out there now. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/20/2023 at 12:46 AM, isalicat said:

I think if Angie had left the whole thing as it was, just called for back up at the point which the girl killed her stepfather, even though it wasn't in self defense, it would have been much better.

If Angie had punched herself in the face and left everything else the same, the girl and mom could say that Angie came to do the welfare check, interrupted their fight, tried to arrest him and then he fought her, knocked her out, the girl panicked, thinking she was in immediate danger (and their savior cop has just been neutralized), and she stabbed him, getting "lucky". And that's just if you want to spin the story a little to make it a more obvious "My mom and I are in danger!" self-defense case.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, CoyoteBlue said:

If Angie had punched herself in the face and left everything else the same, the girl and mom could say that Angie came to do the welfare check, interrupted their fight, tried to arrest him and then he fought her, knocked her out, the girl panicked, thinking she was in immediate danger (and their savior cop has just been neutralized), and she stabbed him, getting "lucky". And that's just if you want to spin the story a little to make it a more obvious "My mom and I are in danger!" self-defense case.

This is entirely plausible, but the most plausible thing is the truth. I still think if everyone involved had just stopped at the point at which the stepfather died and taken a breath and realized all the sympathy in the world is on their side...use it. And I'm being quite serious here. You don't need Angie injured because everything else is true...

• Like 6

I didn't mind Will being undercover because I thought it was done well - especially with integrating Faith in the mix. I prefer seeing Will and Faith working together as usual, however. 

Did not expect the girl to kill Lenny. Will Ormewood helping Angie clean up and cover up the killing lead to another affair between the two? 

I missed Nico. 

• Like 4

I don't know, something about this just seemed off. I am sure I am reading too much into this, but somehow I think Angie is being set up by the mother and daughter.  What happened to Angie was horrible, and I just feel somehow they are using that.  But then, hers was not a planned visit to their house, so maybe I watch too many of these shows.  Of course I do!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, jabRI said:

I don't know, something about this just seemed off. I am sure I am reading too much into this, but somehow I think Angie is being set up by the mother and daughter.  What happened to Angie was horrible, and I just feel somehow they are using that.  But then, hers was not a planned visit to their house, so maybe I watch too many of these shows.  Of course I do!

The girl just snapping and going after the abusive stepfather and actually killing him AFTER Angie was there and able to haul the scumbag off to the police station or jail was off.

• Like 1
On 4/23/2023 at 3:03 AM, AnimeMania said:

i'm very sympathetic to her case and am glad the guy is dead for her sake and Angie's, but she stabbed him from the back, so he was not an imminent treat, so she would still be convicted for causing his death, maybe not murder, but something, no?

• Like 3

Will or the person he was supposed to murder should have called 911 and reported officer down, officer needs help.  It's awful, but even if a "regular" 911 call from this neighborhood gets a slow-walk response, the above call will get an immediate response and it won't be just one squad.  And such a 911 call is going to get a quicker response than calling GBI, getting through to Faith, explaining the situation, then having Faith start people going.