Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Tongue Has No Bone, but It Cuts Deep

• Start Topic

Jen confronts Rishi about his flirty DMs; Kris and Jeymi battle over love and finances; Gabe's plans to marry Isabel are put on hold; Oussama takes Debbie to his hometown; Yohan's surprise birthday doesn't go as planned.

First Look: 13/04/23; TLC: 16/04/23; Discovery+: 16/04/23;

• Like 2

Oussama and Debbie are enroute to his home town. She has large bags. And some concerns about him.

Gabe and Isabel are looking into getting married. Of course, he is missing some documents, like his birth certificate being changed to male. Very few government offices will keep your original certificates. Most will just verify that they are not forgeries and will photocopy them for their own records. Even at the university I worked for, students will bring in their one official document to be examined and it will be returned to them. Gabe should realize that he does not get a passport for life and many expire either 5 or 10 years after issue. He will need to come up with the same documents again.

Jen is having a rough time and her friends are coming to visit her.

• Like 7
50 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Has the friend who was complaining about everything about India ever watched a documentary or travel show?  You travel for new experiences not some homogenized suburban landscape that you already have at home.

Yes! Doesn't she realize she might get puked on in ANY foreign country? That was actually my favorite scene, especially when replayed in slo-mo, although Myra was the puke-ee instead of that witch Randi. 

I'm sure Sharp paid for their trip just to stir the pot. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Looks like they made them take the cheapo bus to Jaipur.  Hopefully no AC. 

I thought it was interesting that Jen took a cab to Jaipur from the Delhi (?) airport the first time, but this time she took a flight to Jaipur. Of course I wouldn't put it past production that she actually flew there both times but that they staged that taxi ride and conversation with the cabbie for dramatic purposes. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, endure said:

I’m just not sure I'm even buying the topless photo is even of Rishi, unless it was from many years ago.  Anyone know how old he is? 

I’m too lazy to look it up, but I think he’s in his late 30’s. And still living at home with his mommy. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

What did Jeymi do to support herself before Kris came along? Can she not work as well, rather than expect Jeymi to send her last dollar? I can’t believe, (okay, I can) that Kris is just now worried about money and Gabe doesn’t have his documents. Don’t people make copies of important documentation and paperwork and earlier he had forgotten to pack everything he needed for his business. And Jen, applying for the wrong visa. 
I’m glad Nicole and Loverboy aren’t on tonight. Danielle is such a cow. Yohan needs to drop her like a hot potato.  

Oh well, it’s not like I watch this to see people making good decisions in their lives. The only couple I like are Debbie and Oussama. They really seem to have a connection. 

Speaking of looking old, I thought Kris was about 50, not 40. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't know what to make of Gabe.  It's almost as if this whole trip was a lark.  He was convinced that Isabelle's religious parents wouldn't accept him because he is trans, and when they did, he seemed disappointed. Then he went ahead and proposed, without telling his mom and knowing that he doesn't have the correct ID papers to get married.

So, Oussama wants a green card. Even Stevie Wonder saw that coming.  

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13

This is the point in every season, every show, where the frogs who have always been frogs are croaking louder than a pond in August, and even the princes are growing warts.

I could go the rest of my life without seeing Danielle in that Tweety Bird dress.  Does she not know how unflattering that style and color are on her?  Few women can really pull off yellow.  I'm no fashionista, but even I know that a short, hippy woman such as myself should not choose a too-tight dress that is cut just below the butt.  You can barely make out her head as she flounced out (and why was she mad?)

I had warmed to Isabel and Gabe, and I don't know how much of the document stuff is manufactured, but Isabel is seeing that Gabe is disorganized and immature, and she will be Mommy.  There was an exchange of looks between them, with Gabe looking like a little boy caught in the cookie jar, and Isabel scolding him wordlessly.  Earlier, she had to deal with the fact that he left important stuff for his business (meant to support the two of them and the kids?) back in the States.  His sister pegged it right, that he's impulsive and doesn't think things through.  He might be the sweetest guy, but people like this are very difficult to rely on in a relationship.

If you have to have your friends come to the other side of the world to meet your fiance, who's shady as all get out,  and help you make decisions, here's your decision: it's time to go home.

Debbie may be kooky, but there's no excuse for cruelty.  Oussama's true toadness comes out, finally.  Time to go home.

Kris shows her inner toad as well.  Boy, what happened between not being able to move in Colombia to power washing and painting houses in Alabama?  I suspect many of us have the same suspicion.  Jeymi saw a sugar mama, but got much worse, and now she has a blown-up life.  I also think both of them were curious and experimenting, with neither ready for a serious relationship.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Randi and Friend ride on a bus with curtains drawn, no open windows, I hope there was air conditioning or some sort of ventilation, I got claustrophobic just looking at that bus.  Also, I think them getting off the bus was staged for the perfect timing of arrival.

I think Randi will laugh when she sees Richi in his current physical state, she could accuse him of catfishing!

Why is it so important that Johan meet and talk to the last guy that had to put up with Danielle?  I wish I had the money this girl pisses away on the mumbo jumbo she buys in to, does it seem like "magical" advice if you can venmo the fee to someone telling you to kick a coconut around the apartment? 

90 Day TOW likes to let us think these yahoos never do any research about the country they are moving to and the paperwork one needs to live there and get married...please let it be fake because those people are truly stupid for not researching the very basic information.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

When Jenn asks Richi anything she talks over him trying to answer her...so annoying. 

I was embarrassed for Daniele when she walked away from the table with that sweat stain under her butt.  Now that Yohan did not thank her in front of his family she can be mad at him and justify meeting up with her ex as in Yohan did something wrong and now he must be punished. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

There was an exchange of looks between them, with Gabe looking like a little boy caught in the cookie jar, and Isabel scolding him wordlessly. 

Speaking of their exchange of looks, these two have been making the most exaggerated, over-the-top facial expressions to each other since the get-go, trying to be cute, I suppose, and I am so over it. 

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does working occasional odd jobs for a few months make enough money to live in Colombia for any length of time?

Is there a lot of money in power washing driveways that I wasn't aware of?

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
25 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Speaking of their exchange of looks, these two have been making the most exaggerated, over-the-top facial expressions to each other since the get-go, trying to be cute, I suppose, and I am so over it. 

Is there a lot of money in power washing driveways that I wasn't aware of?

As far as power washing driveways, just ask Chance from LAL.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does working occasional odd jobs for a few months make enough money to live in Colombia for any length of time?  

You'd think that any money she earns would go towards her "medicine".

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And nevr any time to call? she could find odd jobs in Colombia.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/15/2023 at 12:07 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Has the friend who was complaining about everything about India ever watched a documentary or travel show?  You travel for new experiences not some homogenized suburban landscape that you already have at home.

Im sure they show these countries in the worst possible light, so the Americans can have something to fake being 'inconvenienced' about. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What did Jeymi do to support herself before Kris came along? Can she not work as well, rather than expect Jeymi to send her last dollar? I can’t believe, (okay, I can) that Kris is just now worried about money and Gabe doesn’t have his documents. Don’t people make copies of important documentation and paperwork and earlier he had forgotten to pack everything he needed for his business. And Jen, applying for the wrong visa. 
I’m glad Nicole and Loverboy aren’t on tonight. Danielle is such a cow. Yohan needs to drop her like a hot potato.  

Oh well, it’s not like I watch this to see people making good decisions in their lives. The only couple I like are Debbie and Oussama. They really seem to have a connection. 

Speaking of looking old, I thought Kris was about 50, not 40. 

Kris told Jeymi to quit her job. I see her like Grangela at that point. They don't want the other person to work so they can hold the purse strings but with hold the funds when they feel the person has slighted them .

Ditto on the little dutchboy and Makmoud.

I dont like Debbie or Oussama. Ousamma is crappy goods and his parents probably couldn't marry this idiot off so that's why they are ok with the oldie - as long as she pays and takes him (and maybe them too) to America.  Debbie herself is kooky but i agree with her son (not his methods) that Ousamma is taking her for a ride and she could potential lose her life savings.  Honestly - if they clean her out, I wouldn't feel bad for her.

Gabe storyline is all TLC storyline. Has to be. The parents thing turned out to be a nothing. I cannot see a guy with a business being that careless. Nevermind - see Debbie. 

Edited by greekmom
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

Something tells me that the few medical issues Kris had to take care of resulted from her dispensing pain pills from a home gumball machine and ending up comatose for two weeks.

Also I have the feeling that the sex with Jeymi either wasn’t that great for Kris to hurry back or she’s the hit it and quit it type who wants to move on to fresh pastures.  

I’m used to 90 Day recycling stories from season to season but this time we have it in the same season.  Both Kris and Gabe “move” to Colombia but then shortly thereafter must return to the US to take care of matters while their partners sulk.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

And now we know why there's been so little Debbie and Oussama this season: She comes over, they have an argument, they go on a camel ride, they go to a poetry reading, she meets the parents (who are considerably younger than her), and he tells her he's only interested in continuing the relationship if they move back to the US. Can't really get much footage out of that.

Methinks Yohan would be thrilled if Daniele just left DR forever. He certainly didn't seem to miss her at the party. His dissing of her was rude, but he's obviously checked out. He warned her of consequences if she met up with her ex-boyfriend, and she didn't take him seriously. (I'm not saying that Yohan's not overreacting, because I think he is. But when your spouse says "I'll be really upset if you do X" and you do X anyway, you can't say you weren't warned.)

Mrs. RaiderDuck noticed that the cake shop, unlike Yohan's carniceria, had working refrigeration and didn't have flies landing on the food.

Gabe sent all of his transition paperwork to Uncle Sam and never thought to make copies? El Stupido.

Jeymi: Kris' failure to keep in touch with you was not because she was power-washing driveways. It was because she was scoring drugs, likely on her back, and being high for days at a time.

• Like 9
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
36 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

He warned her of consequences if she met up with her ex-boyfriend, and she didn't take him seriously.

Did it even happen yet though?  And if so, why wasn’t it shown?

37 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Gabe sent all of his transition paperwork to Uncle Sam and never thought to make copies? El Stupido.

They probably asked for copies and he sent originals lol.  The funny thing is if he hadn’t changed his passport and DL he would be okay because the lawyer said same sex marriages are allowed.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

AFAIK, the meetup hasn't happened yet but she made it obvious she was going to do it despite Yohan's objections.

I’m also dubious about how much work Danielle put into this party.  She probably contacted one family member and asked them to invite the others, production no doubt booked the restaurant because they had to agree to filming on premises, and she bought the cake at the last minute.  Also, it seemed like she “decorated” the cardboard platter under the cake, not the cake itself.   

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

AFAIK, the meetup hasn't happened yet but she made it obvious she was going to do it despite Yohan's objections.

They've been teasing scenes of Yohan bragging about his junk to the ex for weeks now, so clearly it happened, but whether it happened in the current timeline is questionable.  She only brought it up the day before this birthday party, whereas they've been teasing it for weeks.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m also dubious about how much work Danielle put into this party.  She probably contacted one family member and asked them to invite the others, production no doubt booked the restaurant because they had to agree to filming on premises, and she bought the cake at the last minute.  Also, it seemed like she “decorated” the cardboard platter under the cake, not the cake itself.   

All the thought she put in to celebrating Yohan...goes to the bakery on the same day as the party to order the cake. It's not like she was so busy working and couldn't get away to take care of that.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I'm so put off of 90 Day franchise because of Kris. Some people are so desperate for fame, they'll abuse and walk over anybody in their way. She defines why this show is not popular anymore. I don't enjoy watching people gaslight each other, as well, and ALL the couples are doing this.

Is Jen related to Leah from RHNY? They look similar and sound the same.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I'm not sure what fantasy world Gabe lives in, but how are you moving to another country without having all of your documentation? My palms are sweating just thinking about that! 😳 And he's kept HIS family out of the loop r.e. him getting married because he doesn't want to 'deal with any drama'? Talk about avoidant. Isabel, I hope you're ready to be married to a teenaged boy because that's about the emotional growth/range you're getting.

Suddenly Kris can't financially afford to live in Colombia? Jeymi says she hasn't seen Kris on FaceTime/Zoom for a month, and that Kris calls her a 'bitch.' Kris also says that she 'gave up everything' for Jeymi ... but she's in AL? I understand Kris' frustration regarding Jeymi getting a job, but unless there's something weird with the economy she should have landed something in a month (or at least gotten a second interview somewhere!).

Jen's friends ... holy shit. "I HAAAAAATED her first husband and she married him anyway!" Well, that's telling. 😂 The one in the blue dress looks like a painting that a 6yo makes of a woman in art class, I can't figure out what's going on with her makeup. 😂 Also, have they ever travelled out of their own towns before? Jesus christ. I love how Rishi tries to blow off the messaging like he KNEW it was the friend catfishing him AND it was a joke AND they were just 'pulling each others' legs.' - then the friend's all "YOU BLOCKED ME AND DELETED ALL OF OUR CHAT HISTORY." 😂😂😂  Rishi is definitely not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. Also, Jen, you should've questioned your judgement BEFORE you got on the plane, you dipshit.

Once Danielle started listening to her teachers, 'everything in her life started to improve"? Oh, the bankruptcies, all the unpaid tolls, and the fact that she's probably basically fleeing the States because of her money troubles? Oh, and her wonderful marriage? I love how she's breaking the coconut to get rid of all of the bad energy, and it pops RIGHT back in the house. 😂 And OMG those cakes looked so awful. No wonder that bakery dude was impressed with Danielle's writing. 😳 Yohan did fuck up the birthday by being so flippant when his dad told him he forgot to thank his wife, but she shouldn't have stormed off like that. If he's still pissed off about her seeing his ex that's fine, but that didn't "ruin" his birthday SINCE THE DAY BEFORE HIS BIRTHDAY. 🙄  For that all to come to a head at his party is just petty middle school bullshit and they're both fucking babies. Yohan, just tell her you're pissed off that she pulled a bait-n-switch on you with not moving you Stateside.

Oussama's sister seemed remarkably normal. I think. His family is probably like, "Thank god SOMEONE is taking him off our hands!!" 😂 Also, Debbie, we get you're a little hung up on age but did you actually talk about anything else?

And YAY! We didn't have to endure Nicole and Macccccchhmooooood this episode! Hurray!!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Rishi's unable to keep a straight face as he flagrantly lies to Jen about flirting with other women online. And is TLC paying for friends of cast members to fly to other countries to cause drama, now? Because maybe I want to fabricate a friend who's in love with someone in Bali or Fiji. I could use the vacay. Of course, I'd be MORTIFIED if my friends came to another country to see me and they behaved like Jen's friends, screaming, "OH MY GAWWWWWWWD!" every 5 seconds, or pointing out how dirty the streets are. Yes, it's different there. But can you have a modicum of tact and decorum? A squinch of respect for the culture?

Kris makes zero sense. So she needs to stay in Alabama doing odd jobs (evidently Kris has no professional skills, so she's looking for the same kind of work that 14 year old boys do for a few extra bucks while on summer break) because she and Jeymi need to save money, but she sends all the money she makes to Jeymi, who uses it to live off of, because SHE doesn't work. So how exactly is Kris working toward getting back to Columbia? And needing money wasn't something they anticipated? Why were they looking at $20,000 food trucks if they have no money?

Oh hey, whaddya know? I still loathe Danielle. Incidentally, we don't do things for people we love to get a thank you. She made Yohan's birthday about her not getting credit for that birthday party. She's insufferable. 

How is Oussama's sister so pretty? I mean, lucky for her she didn't get her father's nose or teeth like her brother did. The one shot of Oussama's mom looking at Debbie like WTF was priceless. But his parents seem really lovely and I was impressed with Debbie's ability to tone down her eccentricity and just be her charming, funny self with them. It was sweet to see them all laughing together.

Okay, so I get Isabel's disappointment about Gabe's birth certificate causing a delay in their wedding, but I really don't get why she was mad at him for not getting his documents back from the government. I wouldn't even know how to go about retrieving documents that I'd submitted to the government, much less documents from a decade ago. I know that the visa issues create a problem and that's why they want to marry right away, but they've got their whole lives together - a few more months isn't the worst thing in the world. Gabe's reasoning for not having his birth certificate is understandable - he had no idea he'd ever need it. And he was so young and so over the moon about transitioning, the paperwork didn't matter to him. I'm rooting for these two - I just really like them both and that's unheard of when it comes to the people who go on this show. At least one party to the couple always seems to be a huge problem. Sometimes, they're both problematic. Rarely are they both likeable. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Did it even happen yet though?  And if so, why wasn’t it shown?

They probably asked for copies and he sent originals lol.  The funny thing is if he hadn’t changed his passport and DL he would be okay because the lawyer said same sex marriages are allowed.

7 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Rishi's unable to keep a straight face as he flagrantly lies to Jen about flirting with other women online. And is TLC paying for friends of cast members to fly to other countries to cause drama, now? Because maybe I want to fabricate a friend who's in love with someone in Bali or Fiji. I could use the vacay. Of course, I'd be MORTIFIED if my friends came to another country to see me and they behaved like Jen's friends, screaming, "OH MY GAWWWWWWWD!" every 5 seconds, or pointing out how dirty the streets are. Yes, it's different there. But can you have a modicum of tact and decorum? A squinch of respect for the culture?

Kris makes zero sense. So she needs to stay in Alabama doing odd jobs (evidently Kris has no professional skills, so she's looking for the same kind of work that 14 year old boys do for a few extra bucks while on summer break) because she and Jeymi need to save money, but she sends all the money she makes to Jeymi, who uses it to live off of, because SHE doesn't work. So how exactly is Kris working toward getting back to Columbia? And needing money wasn't something they anticipated? Why were they looking at $20,000 food trucks if they have no money?

Oh hey, whaddya know? I still loathe Danielle. Incidentally, we don't do things for people we love to get a thank you. She made Yohan's birthday about her not getting credit for that birthday party. She's insufferable. 

How is Oussama's sister so pretty? I mean, lucky for her she didn't get her father's nose or teeth like her brother did. The one shot of Oussama's mom looking at Debbie like WTF was priceless. But his parents seem really lovely and I was impressed with Debbie's ability to tone down her eccentricity and just be her charming, funny self with them. It was sweet to see them all laughing together.

Okay, so I get Isabel's disappointment about Gabe's birth certificate causing a delay in their wedding, but I really don't get why she was mad at him for not getting his documents back from the government. I wouldn't even know how to go about retrieving documents that I'd submitted to the government, much less documents from a decade ago. I know that the visa issues create a problem and that's why they want to marry right away, but they've got their whole lives together - a few more months isn't the worst thing in the world. Gabe's reasoning for not having his birth certificate is understandable - he had no idea he'd ever need it. And he was so young and so over the moon about transitioning, the paperwork didn't matter to him. I'm rooting for these two - I just really like them both and that's unheard of when it comes to the people who go on this show. At least one party to the couple always seems to be a huge problem. Sometimes, they're both problematic. Rarely are they both likeable. 

You are very observant with the show's predictable formula. This show always makes the Americans appear ignorant, entitled, and condescending while visiting other countries. Jen's friends laughing about the bathroom made them appear so ignorant. Clearly, they've not traveled through Europe.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Jen, you friends may only want you to be happy when they are happy. They remind me of the Darcey and Stacey competition. You are almost 50 years old and you can certainly make your own mistakes. Who cares if Randi flirted with Rishi. Nothing happened. He truly may have seen her as a professional model looking to make contacts and seek work in India. When he found out she was your friend, he ended anything. I would be more concerned about him not telling your family that he is engaged to you and is waiting for an astrologically correct day. I would be asking about my life there, whether we would have our own home, or whether I would be the family maid. Your friends are just a distraction.

Gabe, you should have a wallet sized birth certificate and really, before you planned to visit Isabel and hopefully get married, line up your ducks so you don’t have a paperwork issue. You also haven’t told your family. Are you trying to sabotage yourself so Isabel dumps you?

I would not accept my spouse taking off for some weird ‘business’ two weeks or so after marrying and then having little contact for 3 months. Jeymi, she did it on your birthday. It wasn’t a one off. Hopefully Jeymi can ask Kris some tough questions or look in to a divorce or annulment on fraud. If Kris has all these health issues, how can she do various physical labor type jobs? If the marriage was not legal, disappear and cut Kris out of your life.

Daniele, you are something. So what if your ex will be visiting you while he is vacationing or on a business trip to the DR? Yohan, got up. She married you. Chances are it will be 2 hours of your life. You choose how to react to the ex. Both of you seem toxic. Being a jerk at your party was also rude. Your wife probably paid for the dinner, the drinks, and the cake. Well, she needed two cakes. Yeah, she should have arranged a proper cake a week or two in advance. Resign yourself to not visiting the US at all.

Oussama was doing okay until the end of the show. Parents were polite and gracious to his older and eccentric fiancé. Good hosts. But alas, things may be too good to be true and now that you are out of the big city and Oussama being kind and generous, to finding out who he really is and what he really wants. Lock the guest room door.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3