Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Tongue Has No Bone, but It Cuts Deep

• Start Topic

On 4/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, Chalby said:

That makes total sense. Why would a young man marry a woman, who cannot provide children for him, and stay in Morocco? It would be pointless unless she's offering to buy him a home, or something. Yes, people marry for love, but both people involved should get "something tangible" for their efforts; a payoff. Otherwise, why do it?

Although I agree with this generally (most marriages have a transactional element), it's not true of every marriage; not even every 90 Day Fiance marriage.

Case in point: Sumit and Jenny.

From their introduction on 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way, most Primetimers were certain Sumit was scamming Jenny. 

No one could believe Sumit might be genuinely attracted to Jenny; what was the "something tangible" he could possibly get from her?

As we learned over the many seasons the couple was a part of the franchise, there wasn't anything tangible Sumit was getting from Jenny.

He loved Jenny, and that was enough.

Sometimes with couples, just being with each other satisfies something in them outsiders like us can't understand. 

While it turned out that wasn't the case with Oussama and Debbie, the possibility it could have been was always there. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Although I agree with this generally (most marriages have a transactional element), it's not true of every marriage; not even every 90 Day Fiance marriage.

From their introduction on 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way, most Primetimers were certain Sumit was scamming Jenny. 

No one could believe Sumit might be genuinely attracted to Jenny; what was the "something tangible" he could possibly get from her?

As we learned over the many seasons the couple was a part of the franchise, there wasn't anything tangible Sumit was getting from Jenny.

He loved Jenny, and that was enough.

Sometimes with couples, just being with each other satisfies something in them outsiders like us can't understand. 

While it turned out that wasn't the case with Oussama and Debbie, the possibility it could have been was always there. 

When Jenny and Sumit first started on 90 Day Other Way they had already been in a relationship for about 7 years but prior to finding that out they seemed genuinely happy and in love unlike some of the other couples who just seem to have so many conflicts and or trust issues.  

• Like 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I agree, and I really enjoy Sumit and Jenny. However, I do believe he started out with some deceit and scamming, but they realized they had a lot more in common and Jenny accepted him (deceit, flaws and all). I do believe this partnership is also helped because Jenny's pension goes a lot further in India, and I don't blame them for not wanting to move to the US. Since it's not broke, there's nothing to fix. Lastly, it helps that Jenny and Sumit are very chill in their personalities. 

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I agree, and I really enjoy Sumit and Jenny. However, I do believe he started out with some deceit and scamming, but they realized they had a lot more in common and Jenny accepted him (deceit, flaws and all). I do believe this partnership is also helped because Jenny's pension goes a lot further in India, and I don't blame them for not wanting to move to the US. Since it's not broke, there's nothing to fix. Lastly, it helps that Jenny and Sumit are very chill in their personalities. 

Agree with everything you wrote!

IIRC, Jenny met Sumit online when he sent her a friend request, using a fake profile into which Sumit had uploaded a picture of a guy Sumit thought was attractive, and a name — Michael Smith — he felt Jenny would prefer more so than his real name: Sumit Singh.

At that time, Sumit apparently thought he was unattractive and was convinced if he showed Jenny what he really looked like she'd dump him. 

TBH, even though I've never been attracted to any of the men I've met who have South Asian ancestry, compared to Michael Smith I think Sumit is adorable.

And Rishi? Gorgeous! 

I'd date either one!