Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Tongue Has No Bone, but It Cuts Deep

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Also, Debbie, we get you're a little hung up on age but did you actually talk about anything else?

I hope his family is okay with the age gap but if they are I’ll make sure to bring it up constantly.  Maybe she can ask Oussama if they are really really okay with it like Gabe asked Isabel.  It extends the storyline another two episodes.

50 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Why were they looking at $20,000 food trucks if they have no money?

Maybe she thinks she’s getting that $50k ahem used motorcycle that she apparently forgot to insure back.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Little Miss Debt Collector waddles when she walks and she isn't nearly as cute as she thinks she is.  Watching her waddle her way out of a room with a shot of her back end is especially bad.

On My Way Reaction GIF by OceanX

I was thinking that is quite the caboose.  

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 4

Somehow I missed it when Osamma told Debbie that he wanted to move to the U.S. and get a green card-I only found out when reading posts.  Could someone tell me about that scene?

Jen is someone who just goes on and on-she even told us that she will keep asking/talking about the photo Rishi sent Randi until she gets the answer she wants.  I just hate that-he has to say what she wants him to say so that she can feel vindicated and right (see?  I knew it...).  Her 'friends (aka production assistants)' really aren't her friends-could it have been more obvious that they wanted their screen time?  I also wonder why she wants to wait until they're married to have sex as they had sex when they first met and were in a relationship, but it's been three years since then (per Jen).  Too many secrets.

I just do not have the vocabulary to describe how I feel about Daniele and her entitledness.  I also wonder if she is actually paying for anything or scamming the rent and purchases somehow.  I wouldn't put it pass her.  Oh, and her attitude when speaking to the bakery worker was just way too much for me.  Pushy American-if it's on anyone's bingo card you may be winning tonight's game.  And her whole 'I always get what I want' yep maybe you do, but maybe it will all catch up with you someday.  Oh, and the producers must really not like her to keep featuring footage of her from behind.

I feel like Debbie's look and affectations are very curated for the image she wants to portray.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Methinks Yohan would be thrilled if Daniele just left DR forever. He certainly didn't seem to miss her at the party. His dissing of her was rude, but he's obviously checked out. 

Johan was over the marriage and Danielle when he found out that he wouldn't be moving to Washington Heights or the Bronx.  Let's face it, he is an attractive guy.  I don't believe he was hurting for female companions.  If he wanted to be married just for the sake of marrying, I am sure he would have done so.

I distinctively heard Kris say that she told Jeymi to quit her job, because she had two years' worth of savings.  I was confused when she said, "I am here working because I have to send you money."  What happened to her being disabled and the settlement of her "rare" motorcycle case?

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Somehow I missed it when Osamma told Debbie that he wanted to move to the U.S. and get a green card-I only found out when reading posts.  Could someone tell me about that scene?

He didn't come out and say it but a) she wanted to move permanently to Morocco to be "with her Osamma" but he's telling her to stay for 2 months b) he's old enough to be her grandson  c) what's the pull?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, greekmom said:

He didn't come out and say it but a) she wanted to move permanently to Morocco to be "with her Osamma" but he's telling her to stay for 2 months b) he's old enough to be her grandson  c) what's the pull?

It was also during the end credits "next time on..." that they showed Oussama telling Debbie that he expected her to take him to the U.S. to live.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

It was also during the end credits "next time on..." that they showed Oussama telling Debbie that he expected her to take him to the U.S. to live.

Damn and I left at 9:54.

Show got me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Watching Daniele stomp out of the party, with the big sweat stain on her dress showed me that her treatment of the camera crew is just as bad as the way she treats everyone else.    You can always tell when a cast member has been awful to the crew, when you get constant shots that make them look bad.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I also wonder why she wants to wait until they're married to have sex as they had sex when they first met and were in a relationship, but it's been three years since then (per Jen)

I think she feels he will be more likely to marry her quickly if he is horny.  Which is why she wants to make sure he isn’t getting it elsewhere.  I’m sure she believes that trope about why marry the cow if you can get the milk for free. 

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I distinctively heard Kris say that she told Jeymi to quit her job, because she had two years' worth of savings.

Probably one of those situations like Jenny and Sumit where Kris doesn’t know the language or have any friends there so she wants Jeymi to entertain her full time.  I also thought it was weird that Kris said yeah I could get a job here but I went to be my own boss when they decided to look at food trucks.  She couldn’t even be a translator as she doesn’t speak Spanish.  So what does an English only person do in Colombia?  Clean hotel rooms?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kath94 said:

I get that it might make her more suspicious of him but wouldn’t she rather live in her own country near her own children.  She didn’t sell the townhouse.  I don’t get the sense that she is so in love with Morocco she would stay if they broke up.

• Like 4
On 4/16/2023 at 9:37 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m too lazy to look it up, but I think he’s in his late 30’s. And still living at home with his mommy. 

But it’s the culture there to have multiple generations in the same home.  It’s not as if he’s a slacker who can’t make it on his own.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m also dubious about how much work Danielle put into this party.  She probably contacted one family member and asked them to invite the others, production no doubt booked the restaurant because they had to agree to filming on premises, and she bought the cake at the last minute.  Also, it seemed like she “decorated” the cardboard platter under the cake, not the cake itself.   

As far as Yohan may know, Danielle just brought him to the party, and not that she organized, paid for the whole thing, and deserves a big public thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Who cares if Randi flirted with Rishi.

Randi herself came up with the catfishing idea and she was also the one who ASKED Rishi for a picture. He forwarded a professional modeling type photo that was already out there on his Instagram. She's acting like he sent her a dick pic. She continued to be aggressively trying to trap him and when Rishi felt uncomfortable with her advances, (maybe even thought he was dealing with a stalker) he blocked her and deleted their conversation. Not that I'm on his side, but I don't see anything wrong with that. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2023 at 8:50 PM, DiamondGirl said:

But it’s the culture there to have multiple generations in the same home.  It’s not as if he’s a slacker who can’t make it on his own.

If you're referring to Rishi, he's 32. Jen is 15 years older but the age difference is hardly mentioned. In their original season, Sumit was 33 and also living at home. Jenny was 63, at 30 years it was twice the age difference of Jen and Rishi

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Not that I'm on his side, but I don't see anything wrong with that. 

But Jenn is an American therefor in her mind she is right!

Do I think Rishi is running the streets while Jenn is not in India, yeah, probably and he might be meeting women his parents deem worthy of being their daughter in law but Jenn wanting to catch him in the act is something she needs to really examine. She is setting the scene for a self fulfilled prophecy of things not working out with Rishi.  

Honestly I think it would be a relief for Rishi if Jenn broke things off.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I'm not sure what fantasy world Gabe lives in, but how are you moving to another country without having all of your documentation? My palms are sweating just thinking about that! 😳 And he's kept HIS family out of the loop r.e. him getting married because he doesn't want to 'deal with any drama'? Talk about avoidant. Isabel, I hope you're ready to be married to a teenaged boy because that's about the emotional growth/range you're getting.

I would imagine being transgender would trump getting married, wouldn't it?  If his family can handle changing from a girl to a boy, one would think they could handle said boy getting married?

Randi has a very strong resting bitch face.

Is it just me or are Rishi and Jenn's kisses extremely awkward? Like two teenagers kissing for the first time.  I have second hand embarrassment for them when they try to kiss. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kris is appalling. After promising to return, it's now been three months with very limited contact between Jeymi and Kris. LIAR. Does she really love Jaymi? No, because if she really loved her she would certainly answer the phone when she called. "I was out working, FOR YOU and couldn't pick up the phone!" Oh, really? Do you work 24-7? Do you even care? And how is she sending boatloads of money (every dime she makes) to Jeymi? Is she living in a tent somewhere, rent-free and picking up scraps of food when she can? LIAR.

This so-called union needs to end. Jeymi really needs to move on from this diasastraous nutcase of a person and stop wasting her energy and love on this nothingburger. As for Kris, she is who she is and doesn't seem to have empathy, consideration, has horrible planning skills amongst a huge amount of missing ingredients to live a successful life with or without a partner. Open your eyes, Jeymi and look at Kris as she really is. She's showing you, believe it.

And what happened to all that money she got from the house? She drained those funds quickly, no doubt for her "medications." Yeah, right.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Like two teenagers kissing for the first time. 

Like those two from that virgin show, never kissed before and went at each other in the most freakish way, all tongue and wide open mouths, so ick.

15 minutes ago, Breedom said:

She drained those funds quickly, no doubt for her "medications.

I assumed what ever her drug of choice is would be relatively cheap, nothing high end...get it? LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

TLC is already promoting the May tell-all. The couples weren't delved into much and the storylines weren't all that interesting. I kept waiting for more info from Ossama and Debbie's story, but they limited their segments to a little-itty-bit of airtime, vs. tons (or at least it seemed to me) about the boring Gabe and Isabel (who cares?) Finally, next week we learn that Ossama was only in it to get to the US. Did they not discuss this beforehand? Debbie moved there! Sharp could have done much more with them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Shauna said:

I would imagine being transgender would trump getting married, wouldn't it?  If his family can handle changing from a girl to a boy, one would think they could handle said boy getting married?

From what I remember, the transgender issue isn't an ... well, issue with Gabe's family. I thought they were supportive of that, but he was catching flack about his impulsiveness and jumping the gun in relationships. Isabel's name wasn't the first woman's name he had gotten tattooed on his body, if I remember correctly. I am pretty sure he didn't want to deal with the lectures from his family about rushing into marriage in another country with someone he hasn't spent much time with at all - not to mention that she's got her own family he'll have to raise/finish raising.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Isabel's name wasn't the first woman's name he had gotten tattooed on his body, if I remember correctly.

You're correct. He proudly showed Isabel that he had an ex’es name covered up after he showed her his new "Isabel" one. Gabe is the kind of person I find exhausting and can only take "in small doses" because he's just so impulsive and does and says the first things that pop into his head without any forethought. And I can't understand why he can't get NEW copies of his transition documents, (wouldn't his surgeon have kept records about it?), why he had to return to Florida to take care of it and why he didn't file for a revised birth certificate first thing anyway ten years ago since he was so anxious to be officially male. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Breedom said:

Finally, next week we learn that Ossama was only in it to get to the US. Did they not discuss this beforehand? Debbie moved there! Sharp could have done much more with them.

From that short clip it seems that Oussama is gaslighting Debbie by saying she's crazy etc and agreed to the US move, and she was like "wtf"? Will be interesting to see this conversation. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
On 4/17/2023 at 4:05 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I was thinking that is quite the caboose.  

The shape and muscle tone reminds me of a horse behind. If you ever watch a horse casually walk away, their big behind is all jello. I've seen the same effect of the jello butt on models too. No muscle tone.

• LOL 6
On 4/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, Frozendiva said:

The US Passport Office does return documents!

Gabe strikes me as the totally irresponsible type who always “loses” or “forgets” everything and has always relied on his charm to bail him out of situations. The way he sighs, uses “puppy dog eyes” and tries to act cute when he explains his transition to people all seems designed to elicit sympathy in a child-like way. 

At first I thought he was quirky and funny, with a compelling “backstory” but now watching him in action, I’m liking him less and less as the season goes on. I can understand Isabel’s frustration dealing with a third child. No wonder her kids love him, he’s a Peter Pan type playmate not any kind of stable father figure.

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
On 4/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, MrBuhBye said:

<snip> I’m sure she believes that trope about why marry the cow if you can get the milk for free. 

Jen used these exact words to Rishi at the beginning of the season.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:21 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

But Jenn is an American therefor in her mind she is right!

Do I think Rishi is running the streets while Jenn is not in India, yeah, probably and he might be meeting women his parents deem worthy of being their daughter in law but Jenn wanting to catch him in the act is something she needs to really examine. She is setting the scene for a self fulfilled prophecy of things not working out with Rishi.  

Honestly I think it would be a relief for Rishi if Jenn broke things off.

Rishi is apparently a flirt, and that "shirtless" photo is his stock reply.  Why can't he say it & she comprehend?  Gah!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Rishi is apparently a flirt, and that "shirtless" photo is his stock reply.

If he actually still looked like that it would be an effective advertisement.  Some people go to a trainer because they want to learn how to look like that.  Others want eye candy and mild flirting while they’re working out. Just as most people would not have confidence in a morbidly obese physician who chainsmokes, no one wants a trainer who looks like Tom Arnold.  I don’t underarm why anyone takes yoga lessons from Danielle lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kath94 said:
On 4/17/2023 at 6:57 PM, MrBuhBye said:

<snip> I’m sure she believes that trope about why marry the cow if you can get the milk for free. 

Jen used these exact words to Rishi at the beginning of the season.

and a sacred cow at that! 

• LOL 3

I know TLC is messing with us here, but Gabe is a massive man child which begs the questions of HOW men like him turn out like that. It is learned behavior, because our boy:

• Came to a new country with no idea of how he was going to run his business. And forgot his branding stamp. Which, as someone who works in marketing I understand why that SEEMS important, but it is much more important to figure out how he is going to actually run his business and ship stuff.
  • Did not check into what he needed in order to get married in Colombia. Had he done so, he would have known about the birth certificate issue.
  • Never bothered to get his papers back. "I only cared about transitioning". Which, yes - it is a HUGE deal. However, even in his 20s he should have known it was important for him to have his paperwork.

I imagine they will work through this because Isabel seems to have things together at least.

So Kris, with her horrible HORRIBLE neck pain, is able to do house painting, weed whacking, mow lawns and power wash driveways, but put her on a plane and she's unable to move for days. Yeah, okay Kris. I can't with this girl.

I’m glad Oussama is showing his true colors. Not that Debbie is perfect but she needs to run. Now he’s making demands of her? “Our plan is you take me to US and we start life there”. Who’s “our”? He and his family have an AGENDA!

Danielle kicks a coconut and then goes full Karen in that bakery.

Jen’s friends are mean girls.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 4/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, Frozendiva said:

Jen, you friends may only want you to be happy when they are happy. They remind me of the Darcey and Stacey competition. You are almost 50 years old and you can certainly make your own mistakes. Who cares if Randi flirted with Rishi. Nothing happened. He truly may have seen her as a professional model looking to make contacts and seek work in India. When he found out she was your friend, he ended anything. I would be more concerned about him not telling your family that he is engaged to you and is waiting for an astrologically correct day. I would be asking about my life there, whether we would have our own home, or whether I would be the family maid. Your friends are just a distraction. <snip>

On 4/17/2023 at 10:15 PM, magemaud said:

Randi herself came up with the catfishing idea and she was also the one who ASKED Rishi for a picture. He forwarded a professional modeling type photo that was already out there on his Instagram. She's acting like he sent her a dick pic. She continued to be aggressively trying to trap him and when Rishi felt uncomfortable with her advances, (maybe even thought he was dealing with a stalker) he blocked her and deleted their conversation. Not that I'm on his side, but I don't see anything wrong with that. 

My Randi and Myra rant:

Anyone whose career success depends upon public approval can't afford to be dismissive/rude to fans/admirers who engage with them online or in person. 

Any man or woman in a relationship with someone involved in any facet of the entertainment industry needs to either understand and accept that or move on.

People have said Randi's contacting Rishi was catfishing, but I have another word for it I believe is more accurate: entrapment. 

If a friend came to me and said they contacted my partner the way Randi contacted Rishi, I wouldn't say a word to my partner unless and until my friend showed me the entirety of their text/DM exchanges from the beginning of the conversation. Why? Because I'd want to know exactly what my friend said, how hard she hammered him, and how long she tried to get the responses she expected. 

That Rishi ultimately blocked Randi suggests Randi wasn't going to give up until she got what she wanted. 

What would be a better test of Rishi's devotion to Jen is checking to see whether Rishi has initiated contact with any women online or in person since he and Jen got engaged, or whether he encouraged any women who contacted him first to continue engaging with him. For example, if a woman sent him a DM that said "I think you're really sexy!" did Rishi respond with just "Thank you" or was it "Thank you. Would you like me to send you a picture that shows how ripped I am?"

The photo Rishi sent Randi wasn't a selfie he took just for her; it was an older professional modeling photo that's probably been seen by hundreds of people. 

Furthermore, Rishi wasn't "half naked" in the photo; more of his skin was covered than what you'd see of guys on the beach or at a pool.

Most Americans don't take astrology seriously. But looking to astrology to choose partners and plan the dates on which to schedule important events is deeply ingrained in Indian culture. But rather than trying to understand it, Randi and Myra are just going to...what? Tell Rishi and anyone else that uses astrology in their lives it's stupid because a majority of all-knowing Americans say it is?

After all, Americans have welcomed the opinions of foreigners who have come to the US and proceeded to tell us everything we do wrong! /s

Everything Randi and Myra have done to meddle in Jen and Rishi's relationship has been motivated by their jealousy of Jen. She found a good-looking, younger guy who lives in an exotic locale, and they secretly wish they had the same opportunities.

They're going to try and destroy Jen and Rishi's relationship under the guise of "keeping her from getting hurt". 

Isn't everyone who enters into a relationship risking getting hurt by their partner? Or do Randi and Myra think they're capable of choosing a man for Jen who will never do anything to hurt her? 

At 46 years old, doesn't Jen have the right to make her own decisions about her relationships? 

According to Randi and Myra, she doesn't. Because they — despite not knowing Rishi (although Myra claims she'll know who Rishi really is within 5 minutes of meeting him) or his family at all — are planning to tell Rishi's family he's engaged to Jen. 

These two women — who have no respect for Jen, no respect for Rishi, and no respect for Indian cultural norms — are going to announce to a family they do not know something that is none of their damn business to discuss with anyone except the person that told them about it: Jen.

ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME?

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Word change/Italicized word
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Any man or woman in a relationship with someone involved in any facet of the entertainment industry needs to either understand and accept that or move on.

Kim and Lisa both learned that when dealing with Nigerian Super Star Sojaboy. 

1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Furthermore, Rishi wasn't "half naked" in the photo;

“Topless” ha ha 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

At 46 years old, doesn't Jen have the right to make her own decisions about her relationships? 

Well, Randi hated Jen’s first husband so I’m sure she was delighted to say “You should have listened to ME, I was right” when they divorced. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Kim and Lisa both learned that when dealing with Nigerian Super Star Sojaboy. 

“Topless” ha ha 

I was thinking of Martine and Steven from Love in Paradise when I wrote that. Steven is a DJ, and Martine couldn't stand it when other women flirted with him and he was polite to them; I guess Martine thought he should ignore them completely or rudely shut them down.

I just learned they finally married, and Martine filed for divorce after 10 months of marriage. Guess she wasn't able to learn to trust Steven and keep her jealousy in check after all. 

Yeah - that "topless" remark cracked me up. First time in my life I've ever heard someone refer to a shirtless man as "topless"... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 4/19/2023 at 1:23 AM, Takitaki said:

From that short clip it seems that Oussama is gaslighting Debbie by saying she's crazy etc and agreed to the US move, and she was like "wtf"? Will be interesting to see this conversation. 

A part of me wanted to believe that Oussama really was madly in love with Debbie, but reality says not possible. A young guy going for a woman of almost 70. There had to be an ulterior motive, and now the truth has finally come out. Run, Debbie. Don't give this guy and his family any more opportunity to scam you. Oussama, who I liked at first, is an out-and-out heartless scheister. He got Debbie there through his lies and misrepresentation. The family is no better. Next episode: Go for it, Deb, rip him apart. I pity the next woman who falls for his lies and shenanigans.

Jen's friends are low class, especially one of them - I don't know her name. Going all the way to India to insert their opinions- wow.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 4/16/2023 at 9:03 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Speaking of looking old, I thought Kris was about 50, not 40. 

It must be a side effect of her medication (cough, cough.)

I know her height probably accentuates it but Danielle. Wow, she is draggin’ a fully loaded wagon.

Why are Jen’s friends dressed so uniquely? They look like they are trying to get a role in the real housewives of Oklahoma or something!

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
On 4/19/2023 at 6:41 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Tell Rishi and anyone else that uses astrology in their lives it's stupid because a majority of all-knowing Americans say it is?

Especially where so many Americans buy the hokum about zodiac signs and horoscopes are one of the most popular sections of any newspaper.

On 4/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, magemaud said:

Well, Randi hated Jen’s first husband so I’m sure she was delighted to say “You should have listened to ME, I was right” when they divorced. 

She mentioned the wedding was in Jamaica.  I guess it could have been a destination wedding but I wonder if Jen has a fetish for foreign men.

• Like 2
On 4/18/2023 at 7:56 AM, Shauna said:

Is it just me or are Rishi and Jenn's kisses extremely awkward? Like two teenagers kissing for the first time.  I have second hand embarrassment for them when they try to kiss. 

Maybe he's so horny that his woody is getting in the way.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 4/17/2023 at 10:14 AM, JayDub1987 said:

Why wouldn’t she? She kicked a coconut around the room. That means he has to be happy with whatever she does. At this point, I think ol Baba is just fucking with her. I feel like he has friends who he says “I’ll bet you $20 I can make this moron kick a coconut around the apartment.” 

Between Baba and the way she looks at Yohan with her head down/eyes up, like she is some sweet little doe eyed coquette, makes me want to hurl something at her.  It is rare for the sight of someone to irritate me so much.  And she looks like her 40s are a distant memory.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
16 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Speaking of looking old, I thought Kris was about 50, not 40. 

A fifty year old who likes to flounce around in a fairy costume.

How special and unique.

Not.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 4/18/2023 at 9:56 AM, Shauna said:

Shortly after Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett many years ago, she was interviewed by Barbara Walters. In that interview, Julia said "Kissing as an activity is highly underrated".

I wholeheartedly agree and have lived my life by that sentiment. 

There have been many times in my life I've spent hours kissing someone I was physically attracted to (but who was not relationship material). I was perfectly relaxed because I wasn't emotionally invested in them.

However, with someone I loved - someone I was in a relationship with - I always felt a bit awkward, because I was invested in them and in the relationship. There were the normal relationship insecurities: did they care for me as much as I cared for them? So as much as I loved kissing them, I was always a bit nervous; whereas when it was just a random, good-looking guy I didn't care and I could just relax and have fun. 

For the record, I believe Jen and Rishi truly love each other, but both of them are filled with doubt as to whether they'll be able to surmount the obstacles in the way of them marrying and living happily ever after.

But Jenny and Sumit did it, so I have high hopes. 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Changed "Jen and Sumit" to "Jenny and Sumit"
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 4/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, magemaud said:

Agree and with friends like Randi who needs enemies, she really should mind her own business once she told Jen her concerns. And Rishi should rip off his shirt and say look 👀  that wasn’t even me in that photo lol.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 4/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, Kath94 said:

That makes total sense. Why would a young man marry a woman, who cannot provide children for him, and stay in Morocco? It would be pointless unless she's offering to buy him a home, or something. Yes, people marry for love, but both people involved should get "something tangible" for their efforts; a payoff. Otherwise, why do it?

• Fire 1
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

There have been many times in my life I've spent hours kissing someone I was physically attracted to (but who was not relationship material). I was perfectly relaxed because I wasn't emotionally invested in them.

I like this.  I never wanted a "Boyfriend boyfriend).  My best friend (according to boys who told me) talked marriage on the first date ... even at age 15.  I loved kissing boys--if they were fun, nice, and good kissers who (usually) didn't expect more..in my teen years.

My first date with "Lee" was at the drive-in. I was 19. We had met at a dance hall (country music every Saturday night).  He was a GOOD dancer! He asked me out and I suggested the drive-in because I worked at a movie theater (nights after my day job as "a Steno I")--and could get passes to ANY show in town.  I think he kissed me just to get it over with. We started even before the movie did. We shared "one" long kiss through a movie - an intermission - the second movie.  So much fun!  Sometimes were were laugh-kissing.  We dated for a couple of years; we got engaged...then he left down suddenly "to help my dad and my brother in Nevada."  NOPE!  His car had been repossessed and he had written bad checks.  This was in 1959 when those crimes were easy to commit...and easy to escape. Never heard from him again!!!  Never heard what happened to him.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

For the record, I believe Jen and Rishi truly love each other, but both of them are filled with doubt as to whether they'll be able to surmount the obstacles in the way of them marrying and living happily ever after.

But Jenny and Sumit did it, so I have high hopes. 

I thought maybe a possibility because she was willing to move there, but I can’t believe she truly loves him by her behaviour with her friends, you don’t do that to someone you love, she doesn’t even respect his culture, or his family values. 

• Like 2