Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Whiskey a No-No

• Start Topic

With less than two week left until Decision Day, flowing whiskey at a couples' get-together leads to shocking confessions, and a husband's dancing "misstep" leaves one already unsteady marriage teetering on the edge.  Pastor Cal, Dr. Pepper, and DeVon Franklin arrive to help the couples get everything out on the table before Decision Day.  And for one doubting wife, a husband's heartfelt declaration is everything she was hoping for.

Airs Wednesday April 12 at 8:00PM EST.

Chris needs get out of his marriage with Nicole. He should definitely say “No” on decision day. Nicole could possibly be heading toward anxiety and panic attacks. Too many other personal issues as well.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yet she can't stop sticking her nose into other couples' business and giving unwanted advice.

I have a neighbor like Nicole. Eric’s father is a retired M.D. Eric always tries to analyze people with BS psychology. I dislike people like Eric. Just because his father is a retired M.D. doesn’t give him the right to tell anyone how to live their lives.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yet she can't stop sticking her nose into other couples' business and giving unwanted advice.

Yeah.  I tuned in and there she was telling the other couples what and how to do things.  Who made her boss?  Chris became a real wuss.  I can’t take both of them.  I wish she would get some new tops with sleeves.  Enough with the tank tops.

This season was bad.  Can’t stand Kirsten and that baby voice.  Airris needs therapy, and his wife should have left already.  Also, I’m tired of Gina always smiling to show off her choppers.  Whoever picked this bunch should be fired.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yeah.  I tuned in and there she was telling the other couples what and how to do things.  Who made her boss?  Chris became a real wuss.  I can’t take both of them.  I wish she would get some new tops with sleeves.  Enough with the tank tops.

This season was bad.  Can’t stand Kirsten and that baby voice.  Airris needs therapy, and his wife should have left already.  Also, I’m tired of Gina always smiling to show off her choppers.  Whoever picked this bunch should be fired.

LOL it's just so bad, but honestly sometimes I think I'm just stuck in a foul mood lately (on Wed nights!) but even the people I thought were OK on this season have become intolerable.  Some of it is definitely editing, tonight I was on Kirsten's side and annoyed by Shaq's childish almost pouty demands.  It's like the show is trying to make it something it's not.  I have no idea why Airris and what's her name would even carry on, there is no hope.  The only good thing, the couple that quit earlier have not been back!

10 hours ago, Emma Snyder said:

With less than two week left until Decision Day

Oh thank God!!!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Between Nicole preaching to the other couples and the experts trying to convince the couples to get it on, there isn't much of interest to see between the couples. I miss the shouting and throwing things from past seasons. Now it's all talking and analyzing.  Boring.

• Like 9

Shaq is being ridiculous.  How many spouses go to work and see what their spouse do?  He needs constant validation about how great he is.  Does he support Kirsten at all?  It sounded like she had to work on Sunday but yet she’s supposed to drop that so she can go watch him and be in awe at how amazing he is.  It’s too much and borderline weird. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

Shaq is being ridiculous.  How many spouses go to work and see what their spouse do?  He needs constant validation about how great he is.  Does he support Kirsten at all?  It sounded like she had to work on Sunday but yet she’s supposed to drop that so she can go watch him and be in awe at how amazing he is.  It’s too much and borderline weird. 

Seems like he is crying to his MaMa too, next week I bet he throws a tantrum lol 😂 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, APK said:

I have a neighbor like Nicole. Eric’s father is a retired M.D. Eric always tries to analyze people with BS psychology. I dislike people like Eric. Just because his father is a retired M.D. doesn’t give him the right to tell anyone how to live their lives.

Ugh. Nicole has been married a month like the rest of them, is FULL of neuroses, and has no educational or professional qualifications to be advising them. I’d have told her to mind her own business, in those words, long ago. NOBODY ASKED HER. SHUT UP.

(Actually, an “I actually don’t value your opinion on this” might work better on her. I’ve used that at work.)

Clint was the bright spot in this episode. Clint and Devon Franklin, who is very fine and a good communicator (though I guess that didn’t help his own marriage).

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Ugh. Nicole has been married a month like the rest of them, is FULL of neuroses, and has no educational or professional qualifications to be advising them. I’d have told her to mind her own business, in those words, long ago. NOBODY ASKED HER. SHUT UP.

(Actually, an “I actually don’t value your opinion on this” might work better on her. I’ve used that at work.)

Clint was the bright spot in this episode. Clint and Devon Franklin, who is very fine and a good communicator (though I guess that didn’t help his own marriage).

I liked Devon and he'd be a better match for Jasmine than her current awful match

Dr Pepper is useless in prodding these people to try harder.  Just admit you or whoever matched this people did a lousy job.

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Sorry, but I don’t believe in these “expert” conversations.  The experts are pushing these couples to stay together.  If you see you’re not interested after a few weeks, that’s it.  You can’t force love, you have to feel it yourself.  I went out with nice good guys, but didn’t feel it, but the minute I met my husband .. WOW, got the feeling I could go forward, and we did without any coaxing.

Nicole is a pain in the ass.  She has to STFU.  Kirsten walks and talks like she’s half dead.  She has no zip.  He could do better.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1

Nicole is a know it all.  Can't stand her.  Unfortunately, I think Chris will say yes on decision day, but they won't last.

I think Clint could be into Gina, but she has friend zoned him.  I really like him, though.

I've said it before, but I have to say it again--Jasmine, you absolutely suck for breeding dogs.  Fucking disgusting. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Nicole is a pain in the ass.  She has to STFU.

Better yet, Chris should tell her to STFU. I wonder how she would react to that. Now she's upset Chris didn't pick her? OMG, stop looking for issues to be paranoid over. 

I liked Shaq until this episode. He seems like he wants to dictate how much concern and support he's supposed to get and if it doesn't fit his idea then it's just not good enough. I noticed ever since Kirsten told him to stop trying to be funny and cracking jokes because it annoyed her he totally went the other way and now has no sense of humor. 

I still like Clint. He's a good guy and he's smart. Maybe a little nerdy but he would be a great boyfriend/husband/dog dad. 

All in all, this is the most boring group of people I have ever seen on reality TV. They would be better off just hiring actors from now on. At least they would know how to bring it with the drama! If I hear the words "attracted" or "not attracted" one more time I'm gonna throw a brick through my TV. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

I barely tolerated Nicole until tonight. Now I am completely over her. How dare she tell Airris and Jas that "I need you to work harder." Who the hell is SHE??? I am glad that the guys brought that up on Afterparty last night when she spoke for Kirsten, with Kirsten sitting right there. Yes, Shaq had a little hissy fit and walked out, but at least they told her she had no business doing that. She said that she knew, BUT she loves them both. Then focus on your own business!!! I did love the look on Chris' face when she told him that when she said she didn't want to talk about something, that he is supposed to demand that she talk. Yeah, he's not doing that. And Pastor Cal looked like he wanted to slap her when she started complaining that Chris didn't choose her. She cannot use her husband as her therapist and she is trying to do that. He is going to bail or be very unhappy if she doesn't get some real help. So, now I lost whatever tolerance I had for her. he is a wet noodle and will someday explode. He needs to be brave and leave her, no matter what she threatens.

Baby Kirsten just keeps saying that everything is a 'miscommunication' and will be OK. No, that means that you aren't communicating AT ALL and it is not going to get better. It was interesting when Shaq admitted that they had been having sex for quite a while and not saying anything. Shades of Luke and Kate! I don't know why Shaq insisted that his wife go to all of his work events so she can see him in action. Doesn't she have any work events? Is she going to make him go? We get it - he needs constant validation (almost as bad as Nicole), but little Miss Baby Voice is going to get tired of having to live his life and her own. They are a definite NO on D Day.

Who else? Oh yeah - Gina and Clint. I really like Clint a lot and he could be so much fun. She is still horrible and lying that she is trying. I really don't even like to look at her gaping mouth and goofy face. He seemed like a blast at the dancing event. I don't understand  why in the previews for next week, she appears to be complaining about not signing up to meet a new friend. Well, SHE'S the one who put him in that zone. He can do much better - but NOT WITH DOM. They keep showing clips of Mac and Dom and I wonder when we will see them. 

I am glad that Jasmine FINALLY spoke up, but Airris is a pig and she should not be blaming herself for any of this. She is right - we see him saying he will do this and that, but he never does. And, someday he WILL look back and regret how he blew this. She could have been a lovely, devoted wife.

Is next week the couples' retreat? That might be interesting, but I doubt it. Maybe everyone will gang up on Nicole and throw her in a pool or something. We can hope.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, but unless Shaq is in meetings on how to split the atom or is getting tips on piloting the Enola Gay, there's no reason for his wife to follow him around to meetings.  

Also, Gina? You're a fool to let Clint go.

VERY happy we don't have to hear Dom's whiny, not-old-soul-in-the-least voice every episode.

• Like 18

I dont think Shaq is asking Kirsten to follow him around all day at work. She's never been to any of his workshops or anything like that. Even on the honeymoon, she went with him but never came to any of his functions. I think it's just something he woud to share with her at some point. He also thinks it will give her better understanding of himself and his work.

It's not crazy to go with him once at the very least. I think that Shaq feels that a lot of the stuff Kirsten says is very hollow. So, he wants to see actual action. Not just words.

• Like 5

I was so proud of Pastor Cal when he told Nicole to just stop (when she started going in on Chris not choosing her), but then he allowed Nicole to start talking (and talking, and talking...) about something else.  Like another poster, I tolerated/was okay with Nicole until this episode (and her "I need you to...") and her just never ending self-analysis, double speak (to Chris about "when I tell you to leave me alone I need you to do the opposite..."), and insertion into every single relationship and issue.  It's as if she just needs to hear herself constantly talk and it doesn't even matter if it makes sense (which she even stating to Chris that she might not even make sense but he should still make her talk about things).  Just stoooooppp!!!

I did like that Kirsten tried to tell Shaq that he needs to be direct in what he is asking her to do.  I agree with that-I hate it when people want me to be able to read their minds (just tell me!).

Dr. Pepper should have just had Jasmine and Airris end it there and then.  What a sad scenario, but Jasmine is allowing it to continue.

Gina just thinks so highly of herself and views Clint as so beneath her and her 26" waist.  Oh, and for someone who is all about hair, she sure is delinquent in grooming Hank-any kind of "doodle" needs A LOT of grooming and his hair looks too long and kind of matted.  Clint is the one true light of the season (and I didn't even initially care for him).  I think he will be just fine after this show.  

• Like 16

i think kristen thinks that, since they are having sex and he's happy with that, that she doesn't need to put any other effort into it to keep him, but i think she is wrong and maybe his trying to blame his misgivings this week on her not being more interested in his work, etc is just an excuse to get out of this mess on decision day

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I dont think Shaq is asking Kirsten to follow him around all day at work. She's never been to any of his workshops or anything like that. Even on the honeymoon, she went with him but never came to any of his functions. I think it's just something he woud to share with her at some point. He also thinks it will give her better understanding of himself and his work.

It's not crazy to go with him once at the very least. I think that Shaq feels that a lot of the stuff Kirsten says is very hollow. So, he wants to see actual action. Not just words.

Words?  She does not know how to communicate.  She deflects or talks in riddles.  I don’t know what he sees in her.  Zero personality.  She thinks her beauty will get her what she wants in life, not thst she’s so gorgeous in the first place.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, APK said:

Eric from Eric and Virginia?

3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Words?  She does not know how to communicate.  She deflects or talks in riddles.  I don’t know what he sees in her.  Zero personality.  She thinks her beauty will get her what she wants in life, not thst she’s so gorgeous in the first place.

Well it hasn't gotten her much so far!  No ring on her finger until MAFS and that doesn't seem to be working out too well.

She's got kind of a wierd, spacy look in the beginning.  Strange.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I don't think he does like her much anymore.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, endure said:

LOL it's just so bad, but honestly sometimes I think I'm just stuck in a foul mood lately (on Wed nights!) but even the people I thought were OK on this season have become intolerable.  Some of it is definitely editing, tonight I was on Kirsten's side and annoyed by Shaq's childish almost pouty demands.  It's like the show is trying to make it something it's not.  I have no idea why Airris and what's her name would even carry on, there is no hope.  The only good thing, the couple that quit earlier have not been back!

Oh thank God!!!

I think this whole show was fake, and the only one I liked was Clint.  He’s genuine, nice and cooks.  What more does she want?  Gina thinks she’s better than him?  I don’t see it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
57 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

He’s genuine, nice and cooks.

Gina was so quick to reject anything nice she could do for him, per Dr. Pepper. Dr. P suggested that she make a nice meal for him, but all she could say was that HE does the cooking. Well, yeah, you dope, that is why YOU doing the cooking is a nice thing.

• Like 18

Nicole definitely got on my last nerve this episode and I second the wish that the group gang up and throw her in a pool or lock her out of the vacation house and let the bears eat her.  But Chris got on my other last nerve by repeatedly asking if there was anything else he could do to help her process all her emotions.  Dude grow a pair!! I also hated the way he told Pastor Cal he was completely over his past and Nicole was still hung up on hers.  Like he is a paragon of emotional health.  Blech!!! I can't stand either of them and their co-dependency.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 4/12/2023 at 5:18 PM, APK said:

Chris needs get out of his marriage with Nicole. He should definitely say “No” on decision day. Nicole could possibly be heading toward anxiety and panic attacks. Too many other personal issues as well.

I'm sure she's anxious, but I really like her and her ability to reflect (sometimes too much self reflection). Chris will have a ride or die wife with her.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Who else? Oh yeah - Gina and Clint. I really like Clint a lot and he could be so much fun. She is still horrible and lying that she is trying. I really don't even like to look at her gaping mouth and goofy face. He seemed like a blast at the dancing event. I don't understand  why in the previews for next week, she appears to be complaining about not signing up to meet a new friend.

I do not mind Gina at all, and feel she'll make a fine wife to anyone but Clint. Just as Clint will make a fine husband for anyone else. Both of their DMs will be full.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I'm sure she's anxious, but I really like her and her ability to reflect (sometimes too much self reflection). Chris will have a ride or die wife with her.

I appreciate your generosity! I do hope they're happy.  It was her overbearing advice that really poisoned everything for me.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think this whole show was fake, and the only one I liked was Clint.  He’s genuine, nice and cooks.  What more does she want?  Gina thinks she’s better than him?  I don’t see it.

And he is devoted to taking care of and even training her dog….. agree, she should be so lucky and she looks like his aunt lol 😂 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I’ve always been hopeful she will calm down once the cameras are gone and maybe when she feels more confident in the marriage, she overacts and thinks and talks way too much.  I hope they stay together I think have a lot to offer each other and seem like a good match in a lot of ways.  I think she means well, maybe when she watches the show after she will realize how she can be annoying but she does have a good heart ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I do not mind Gina at all, and feel she'll make a fine wife to anyone but Clint. Just as Clint will make a fine husband for anyone else. Both of their DMs will be full.

I think they will be really good friends and he lives in the building so will probably always help with the dog too and Im still waiting for her to cut and style his hair although it’s great as is too 💗

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I don't think he does like her much anymore.

13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

10 hours ago, cinsays said:

i think kristen thinks that, since they are having sex and he's happy with that, that she doesn't need to put any other effort into it to keep him, but i think she is wrong and maybe his trying to blame his misgivings this week on her not being more interested in his work, etc is just an excuse to get out of this mess on decision day

9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think the fact that Shaq is so absurdly upset about her not coming to his trip is indicative that he does like her for him to be so hurt.

He probably did not communicate to her how much he wanted her to be there because he passively aggressively wanted her to WANT to be there.

That said, I have a feeling that off camera she might be treating him a bit like a Simp and of course, no one wants to be treated that way.

For example, if Airris went on a business trip, I doubt he would want Jaz to be with him.

The experts are, at his point, gaslighting Jaz about her absolute spot-on fear that Airris will never have romantic feelings for her.

Nicole is like that person who came back from a good honeymoon and now thinks she is an expert on marriage because she has managed to stay married for all of five minutes.

I also think it was highly uncool of her to call out what the other wives told her in private in front of the whole group.

Warning-Stupid and shallow comment ahead.

The blonde streaks in Nicole's hair often look green on my screen. Otherwise, she has pretty hair.

Kirsten was wearing pigmented lipstick that looked stunning on her. I know she is kind of a jerk but I could not take my eyes off her face at that moment.

• Like 3

Chris chose staying with Nicole the day she fixed his dog situation.  She’s always on top of things every minute to fix things.  He doesn’t have to think or fight for anything, as she’s always there, every minute to do It for him.  Easy, breezy life.  🤮🤮🤮

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Yes, Nicole will become one of the "smug marrieds" (re:  Bridget Jones' Diary).

Yeah, I chose to stay with a guy who burned me with a cigarette, but I'm married now, so I'm an expert.

Nicole needs therapy.  I'm not saying that in a bad way, I've had my share of therapy.  She really needs some deep dive stuff, to get to the root of this all.  Her constant "I'm going to tell you what to do to be successful in YOUR relationship" is her overkill way of highlighting her insecurities.

Has Shaq ever offered to sit at an open house or a closing with Kirsten?  Just sayin'.

• Like 5
On 4/12/2023 at 10:48 PM, Katie111 said:

I believe that Shaq is doing some sort of public speaking or at these events.   If that's the case it is not unusual for speakers to bring their spouse, parents, other special guests. on occasion.  On AfterParty Shaq said the event was part of the Magic City Classic (a big HBCU football event/party weekend).  It's an event a lot of women would not want their husbands to go to solo   

He has not asked her to come to the university where he works to watch his everyday job.   

On 4/13/2023 at 10:04 AM, Retired at last said:

I am glad that Jasmine FINALLY spoke up, but Airris is a pig and she should not be blaming herself for any of this. She is right - we see him saying he will do this and that, but he never does. And, someday he WILL look back and regret how he blew this. She could have been a lovely, devoted wife.

I kinda think that Airris lack of attraction is not just physical.   It's emotional and intellectual as well.   He wants someone who will banter with him and Jasmine is just no going to do that.  He basically has said they don't have interesting conversation.    I agree Jasmine will make a great wife to someone, but she's not for Airris.

• Like 9
On 4/13/2023 at 12:54 PM, Racj82 said:

I think that Shaq feels that a lot of the stuff Kirsten says is very hollow. So, he wants to see actual action. Not just words.

I think Shaq wrote Kirsten off when she started with that "You have to buy me a house"? bullshit. She's a realtor for chrissakes. She knows that most couples buy homes together unless the man is very wealthy all on his own. 

• Like 9
7 hours ago, After7Only said:

I believe that Shaq is doing some sort of public speaking or at these events.   If that's the case it is not unusual for speakers to bring their spouse, parents, other special guests. on occasion.  On AfterParty Shaq said the event was part of the Magic City Classic (a big HBCU football event/party weekend).  It's an event a lot of women would not want their husbands to go to solo   

He has not asked her to come to the university where he works to watch his everyday job.   

I kinda think that Airris lack of attraction is not just physical.   It's emotional and intellectual as well.   He wants someone who will banter with him and Jasmine is just no going to do that.  He basically has said they don't have interesting conversation.    I agree Jasmine will make a great wife to someone, but she's not for Airris.

A lot of men love a challenge.  She is too accommodating.  She should stop whining, give him the business and tell him to take a walk.  She has no guts.  I am talking about Jasmine and Arris.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2

More of Jas being a broken record. AGAIN. So tired of her saying the same problems WITH NO SOLUTIONS. & that stupid cut open back style needs to go already! I wish it was never a thing. 😒😒

• LOL 1

Nic needs to STFU with the absurd contradictory talk. "I say I need space, but don't give me space." GIRL, STOP! How about skipping that BS & figuring out what you want to do in those situations? She explained it was because a guy told her to deal with her baggage. Um. Did Chris say that?! NO! & the reassure me or leave bit? ABSOLUTELY INAPPROPRIATE!!!! That was so wrong & passive Chris just let her say that, but it's probably on his list of issues.

• Like 3

Airris is garbage. I like Devon asking the good questions which highlighted he isn't trying, like we already knew. & Jas is just accepting it. Like we've been watching this whole time. It's perfectly acceptable for the both of them. It's too late to turn around. He didn't want it. He still doesn't want it. It is what it is.

• Like 4

Wow! 3 of the guys know someone who committed suicide. I wonder if Airris also shared & that was cut or something. 🤔 & Shaq saying he was that guy... Suffering in silence... He still seems to be expecting others to read his mind so he hasn't changed. Can't help someone who won't help themself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Airris really knows how to spin things. It didn't look like the instructor was trying to show him any dance moves. She reached out her hand & he took it & danced with her. & Jas released some of that built up frustration. He found her storming out unwarranted??? Boy, BYE!!! Did he want her to curse him out right then & there?!! WHY DIDN'T HE DANCE WITH HIS WIFE?!?!! Because he didn't want to. Period. Why'd he sleep on the couch & not the other room? 

• Like 5

J&A & G&C say whatever sounds right, their actions show otherwise. I really wish they were asked what the future is with what they're doing now? They're sitting around waiting for others to help build their marriage for them. It's ridiculous. DP questioned A&J & he threw the usual CRUMB! He still has hope? WHY?!?!! I don't believe him! How can he say that when his actions say otherwise?

• Like 2

It's funny that Shaq & Kirsten couldn't keep their lie straight. I wonder how Kirsten felt about him announcing it to the group. She kinda pushed him to. She was talking about the trip & him being assertive about her being there, though, then Nic brought up what Kirsten told the girls, so it seems the two different things got crossed.