Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E14: The Rope, the Feather, and the Bidet

• Start Topic

With two weeks left until Decision Day, the couples are faced with their most vulnerable tests yet as Dr. Pia returns to help with intimacy-and their sex lives.  And while one couple almost reaches a breaking point, another finds hope in a steamy exercise.

Airs Wednesday April 4 at 8:00PM EDT.

This one will be an easy pass for me. Way too cringey. But. . . I do wonder who will reach the breaking point. And maybe the steamy couple will be Kirsten and Shaq? OK - I am betting Jasmine and Airris for the breaking point and Shaq and Kirsten for the steam. I bet Clint and Gina will just stay as they are - friends with no benefits. Nicole and Chris are fine if she would stop talking or being so needy of validation.

• Like 3
(edited)

This sex therapist is pushy and a waste of time.   

Why did they pick people with problems in the first place?  This is like a fix a person first show .

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Nicole is too tiresome and needy.  She's exhausting.

If he says no, she will be beside herself.  It’s showing already.  She looks petrified for decision day.  He might be soft enough to not hurt her and stay with her, for awhile anyhow.  

• Like 4

Kirsten might be a successful real estate agent, but she just looks and sounds as dumb as a box of rocks. 

7 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

If he says no, she will be beside herself.  It’s showing already.  She looks petrified for decision day.  He might be soft enough to not hurt her and stay with her, for awhile anyhow.  

Yes, he'll probably say Yes on decision day, but he's already got this faraway look in his eyes like he's wondering when and how he'll get out of the marriage. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Ugh, I hope Shaq says NO on Decision Day.  He can do much better as Krysten looks like a handful in every way.  He doesn’t look thrilled with her this week and I don’t blame him.  Put Krysten and what’s his name together.  The guy with issues.  Let them both figure each other out.

• Like 8
(edited)

So...Kirsten likes the rope. And is already on record as wanting her husband to be dominate and in charge. Shaq figured that out, at some point, I think it was on After Party. But I'm guessing he'd prefer a wife who's an equal partner.

Edit: added an avatar to reflect my feelings watching MAFS, lol 

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

Nicole saying she had no idea she had so many issues. LOL at that one.

The sex therapist asking Clint and Gina how they expect their marriage to last. They both agreed that they don’t. No need trying to push intimacy or even continuing with this other just to finish. At least they’re on the same page but Gina could be a little more delicate about it. 
Airris and Jasmin need to call it too but Jasmin can stay. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm surprised that in next week's previews Shaq announces he and Kirsten have consummated the marriage.  I hope he just hit it before he decides to quit it.

I do not approve this message. But I do condone it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Big news of the night: After Party redecorated their set. Keisha sitting on the right side now, black wall, enough candles to set fire to even Clint & Gina's dead bedroom.

Re: episode title

Where did the bidet come into the episode (I missed a lot)? Did Jasmine finally get fed up with Airris and give him a swirly?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Why did they pick people with problems in the first place?  This is like a fix a person first show .

Literally every person has problems, insecurities and things they need to work on. What kind of issues is the point.

Like, even with Nicole and how needy she is, she is still open. Nicole is not running or putting walls up. She shouldn't be disqualified from this because of her specific problems.

The people not willing to honestly work on things or not bend at all are the problem. Also, the rigid people who need things a specific way or they are out.

I get that the show gets good ratings but there are only so many ways to either address the same problems or follow a couple that has none.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm surprised that in next week's previews Shaq announces he and Kirsten have consummated the marriage.  I hope he just hit it before he decides to quit it.

as much as i don't like that practice, i hope so...  surely he won't decide to stay with her longterm

i thought her calling him right back on their zoom call because he didn't blow her a kiss was pretty dumb, just like her

8 hours ago, kikicat said:

Big news of the night: After Party redecorated their set. Keisha sitting on the right side now, black wall, enough candles to set fire to even Clint & Gina's dead bedroom.

Where did the bidet come into the episode (I missed a lot)? Did Jasmine finally get fed up with Airris and give him a swirly?

uh, what's a swirly?

• Like 2

This season seems different.  Better matches, less faux conflicts, authentic with intelligent couples except for first departed couple.  Liking it more this year.  

judging from Clint’s new look on Afterparty, my guess is he and Gina doing well. I hope so. His swagger number shot up 90% for me!  Looking real good, Clint!  I really like this couple and think Gina is great! 

Airris still an ass.  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, kikicat said:

Where did the bidet come into the episode (I missed a lot)?

Chris must have a dirty ass?

Gina was rude AF! If Clint had said some of those things to her she probably would have walked out.

• Like 4

Admittedly, I've only watched half of this episode because it really is a chore to get through this thing.  I have to say I really, really like Clint.  He does need a hair cut and a shorter beard would update his look, but I think he has a great sense of humor. 

I could never look at Gina for the rest of my life with those teeth and lips.  Maybe she'll let the lips eventually deflate, but those teeth are way too big.  Don't like the nose ring, either. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Why would you install a bidet when you are moving out in 2 weeks?   At least Kirsten is warming up to Shaq, but he was asked by production if he's "happy" - and he isn't.   So, I doubt they will work out.   I could see him with Jasmine.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, kikicat said:

It’s a different set. Keisha explained last week that they are filming in Atlanta now because she is in the last trimester and her doctor advised her to stay “close to home.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I like Clint. I turned it on when it was almost over and saw Clint and Gina with the feathers. How romantic was that - not! I know they were following through and doing their assignments, but both of them are checked out. I think Clint has a better perspective nd is kinder to her, which she really doesn't deserve. Her excuse that she needs more time is dumb. She isn't even trying, which is OK, since they both have agreed to it, but then they should just get out and not waste our time. Well, if they did, then we would be stuck with other people we don't care about, so never mind.

Kirsten is just dumb. I think Shaq is a good guy, but these two cannot communicate in any articulate manner. She wants to be a wife in the 50s unable to make a decision on her own. Some men may like that, but I think that Shaq wants a partner, not a helpless woman. And someone he can talk with.

I feel terrible for Jasmine and I wish she would also just end it. She is so broken down by him that she needs to just call it quits. On Afterparty, the guys said that they believe that Airris is being real and that he is trying to become attracted to her, which I don't believe. Especially with the scene from next week where they go dancing. Or rather, HE goes dancing and ignores her.

Nicole continues to be exhausting. She seems nice when she is with the wives, but she needs to either TELL Chris what she wants from him or find a therapist. Both. He thinks he is being supportive, but she tells the women that she wants him to force her to talk, which I don't think is his style. I don't blame him. He isn't trained to do anything more than listen and be calming. She needs to deal with her issues and he isn't her therapist.

SO glad it is almost over. 

ETA - so who installed a bidet? And in a rented apartment? I don't believe it for a minute.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Gina will hold a grudge against Clint forever.  When he told her it hurt that she said he didn't have any swagger she immediately hit back with did it hurt as much as what he said to her on the honeymoon?  Of course, no mention that she insulted him first by declaring that she's not attracted to gingers.  So, she sees herself as blameless and Clint as the devil.  I think she's also mad that Hank likes Clint better than he likes her.

Jasmine must just want her full time on t.v.  There's no other reason for her to still be there.

And, Nicole is demonstrating a characteristic that I just can't stand or tolerate-it's the "he/she should just read my mind and know what I want" when explaining that Chris tells her he is there when she wants to talk, but she wants him to force her to talk.  I don't know of any situation in which making the other person talk has ever been an effective relationship tool (IMO).

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I'm mostly worried about Hank in the Gina and Clint relationship. He's going to miss Clint.

They live in the same building, so I am sure Clint will be able to see his bud. Since Gina is busy at the salon all day, maybe Clint can take him for walks. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

Kerstin wants a traditional marriage where the man takes care of everything.  She's a princess and wants to be catered to. 

Nicole is absolutely exhausting.  Kind of a know-it-all and I hope Chris says no.

Dr. Pia's, or whoever she is, pants were so tight you could see the outline of her spanx in them.  Did anyone catch how Airris gave her the once over or was it just me reading into it???

I see Clint did get a trim, hair and beard.  I like this look.  Don't like Gina.  Love Clint. 

• Like 4

What does Shaq do for a living?  I know he works at a college but is he in admissions?  Or something else?  And who does he mentor?   I don't like Kirsten at all but I find something very off-putting about him as well.  LIke a certain self-importance that is just annoying.  KIrsten already went on a business trip with him and missed part of her honeymoon so I don't think she needs to go on every trip with him.  Speaking from experience, business trips for the spouses are usually pretty boring unless it's a conference in some great destination.  Don't think Memphis qualifies.  He doesn't seem to actually like her and I think he is just going through the motions at this point.  

GIne is annoying AF.  She acts like she is some great catch and Clint is just not up to his standards.  Not sure what she is talking about with swag.  Has she looked in the mirror?  Her half-shirts and bike shorts are not doing her 26 inch waist any favors.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

They live in the same building, so I am sure Clint will be able to see his bud. Since Gina is busy at the salon all day, maybe Clint can take him for walks. 

I do wonder how that would work when they both start dating other people.  Would their partners be happy with formerly married friends having "shared custody" of the dog?  The partners might wonder if there's still a connection between them, especially living in the same building.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I do wonder how that would work when they both start dating other people.  Would their partners be happy with formerly married friends having "shared custody" of the dog?  The partners might wonder if there's still a connection between them, especially living in the same building.

IMO Gina will not be allowing Clint too much interaction with Hank.  It would disprove her perspective that Clint was/is not worth her time and it would show others how much Hank loves Clint.  I think Gina is the only star allowed in her story and allowing Clint access to Hank would undermine that.

• Like 4

Poor Hank. He has a new friend who he loves and Gina probably can't stand that. The fact that Hank prefers to sleep with Clint speaks volumes, although Gina appears to like Hank. I loved it when Clint said he had Hank's last name changed to his.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought they had sex a couple of episodes back.  But I am seriously losing it with this show, I totally forgot it was on Wed night, but I had recorded it but then I fell asleep three times watching it and THEN I come on here and read all this stuff I missed!  Im doomed 🥺

Every week it seems like Shaq looks more disenchanted with Kirsten and she is just so wrapped up in herself to me.

• Like 6

Last week, Shaq said on Afterparty that they had made progress, but still not consummated the marriage. I guess they did b between then and next week's show. Maybe Princess Kirsten realizes that if she expects to be handed things like a house or a car, that she is going to have to "work" for them. She is still not a good match for Shaq. I believe that he wants a partner he sees as his equal.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

So my takeaway on Nicole:   She must've slept with 1/2 of Nashville if she's still carrying that aroundand is worried that Milquetoast is going to hear all about it. It's 2023; who the fuck cares Nicole!

I love Clint. He has a great sense of humor.  I would love to see what Clint would look like with a nice pompadour haircut; I think he would look hot.

Shaq is going to have a hard time getting over Kirsten not being there for him, but really, she's got her own life and job too.

Poor Jasmine.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Last week, Shaq said on Afterparty that they had made progress, but still not consummated the marriage. I guess they did b between then and next week's show. Maybe Princess Kirsten realizes that if she expects to be handed things like a house or a car, that she is going to have to "work" for them. She is still not a good match for Shaq. I believe that he wants a partner he sees as his equal.

I was thinking about them, didn’t they have sex after the body painting?  I’m really trying to finish up this season but it’s hard.

9 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

So my takeaway on Nicole:   She must've slept with 1/2 of Nashville if she's still carrying that aroundand is worried that Milquetoast is going to hear all about it. It's 2023; who the fuck cares Nicole!

I love Clint. He has a great sense of humor.  I would love to see what Clint would look like with a nice pompadour haircut; I think he would look hot.

Shaq is going to have a hard time getting over Kirsten not being there for him, but really, she's got her own life and job too.

Poor Jasmine.

Poor Jasmine is right.. and this show is so unfair to set her up like this, it’s just wrong.

i feel like they are just creating drama for Nicole because there is none there.  This show is becoming more and more insincere to me.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Shauna said:

Kerstin wants a traditional marriage where the man takes care of everything.  She's a princess and wants to be catered to. 

Nicole is absolutely exhausting.  Kind of a know-it-all and I hope Chris says no.

Dr. Pia's, or whoever she is, pants were so tight you could see the outline of her spanx in them.  Did anyone catch how Airris gave her the once over or was it just me reading into it???

I see Clint did get a trim, hair and beard.  I like this look.  Don't like Gina.  Love Clint. 

Gina only cares about her Salon, but, a man should NEVER utter a derogatory comment about a woman’s weight.  Never.  I do like Clint tho.  He meant well, and she shouldn’t have said that word “ginger”.

Dr.Pia looked unprofessional.  Boobs sticking out looked ridiculous and fake.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, cinsays said:

uh, what's a swirly?

It's when you hold someone's head in the toilet and flush. Junior high shenanigans.

Wouldn't work the same with a bidet, so I guess that'd be a squirty? 

I'm just relieved that apparently the bidet was installed for its original purpose. Given the thrust of the episode, I was worried MAFS was mixing sex and bathrooms again (kidding). Stacia and Nate in the shower was bad enough.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Chris must have a dirty ass?

Gina was rude AF! If Clint had said some of those things to her she probably would have walked out.

I don't want to think about that, so let's blame his dogs. Heh.

Gina was rude. Probably one of those "brutally honest" people. She wanted to be one of Cal's power couples, I think. Hoping for a hedge fund manager or executive type and Clint is too laidback for her. I'm still not sure what he does for a living, but it's lucrative enough to pay for a boat.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Shauna said:

I TOTALLY caught it! I admit, I was looking for it though, b/c she's kind of his type but, he sure did 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Katie111 said:

What does Shaq do for a living?  I know he works at a college but is he in admissions?  Or something else?  And who does he mentor? 

I don’t know more about his job but I think he is also pursuing a doctorate. He mentors several teenage/young adult, African American males. We met them a few episodes back. I don’t know if he mentors through a formal program or these are guys he knows through other channels and he informally mentors them but I give him a ton of credit for it.

8 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Would their partners be happy with formerly married friends having "shared custody" of the dog?  The partners might wonder if there's still a connection between them, especially living in the same building.

Ex or not, a good dog sitter is worth his/her weight in gold.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 4/5/2023 at 6:57 PM, kikicat said:

Its Keisha's house.  Doctor said she had to be close due to pregnancy.

• Like 1
On 4/6/2023 at 7:40 AM, Retired at last said:

ETA - so who installed a bidet? And in a rented apartment? I don't believe it for a minute.

It's almost as easy as changing a shower head & can just as  easily be taken out when they leave and taken with them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

As many others have mentioned, my attention drifted so much during this episode that I think I may have missed significant chunks of what passes for "action." Did Airris and Jasmine meet with the sex "therapist" and/or do any of the "sexy activities"? That must have been awkward as hell.

• Like 1