Type keyword(s) to search

Chit-Chat: What's On Your Mind Today?

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

We all have been drawn into off-topic discussions, me included. There's little that's off-topic when it comes to Chit Chat, so the only ask is that you please remember that this is the Chit Chat topic and that there's a subforum for all things health and wellness here.

If there's something you need clarification on, please keep in mind that it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; talk to them and not about what they said.
If you disagree, consider how we can express our differing opinions and still respect the other's opinion and recognize it as valid.
We're all different people, so different perspectives and points of views are natural, welcome even for growing a healthy community. What is important is that we disagree with empathy and consideration. (If need be, check out the how do we have healthy debates guidelines for more).

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m in need of new electronics and I don’t want to waste $$$. 

I have a new I pad and it’s driving me nuts.  Clouds and things I don’t understand.  I hardly use it lately, as I have to sign in whenever I change topics.  Anyone know why?

• Mind Blown 1
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I need a new tv/dvd player, phone, tablet and way more stuff. 

I bought a Roku TV at Walmart. It was fine except it does not have bluetooth, but I could by a bluetooth speaker for it so it could connect with my hearing aid or other speakers when I'm in the bath, which would probably have better sound quality if you want that.
Are you familiar with Roku?

Cheap little DVD players can hook up to a TV.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I bought a Roku TV at Walmart. It was fine except it does not have bluetooth, but I could by a bluetooth speaker for it so it could connect with my hearing aid or other speakers when I'm in the bath, which would probably have better sound quality if you want that.

What I meant is that I don’t want to spend $. I’m tired of spending $. I Might be the last person who uses DVDs.

18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

What I meant is that I don’t want to spend $. I’m tired of spending $. I Might be the last person who uses DVDs.

I still buy DVDs because I want to own the movies that mean something to me rather than being dependent on streaming.  It was a horrible lie that ALL movies and TV would someday be available to stream.  That may happen someday but I doubt that all vintage stuff will ever be readily available.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

. I Might be the last person who uses DVDs.

No, you're not.  I still use DVDs and I refuse to get rid of the ones I have.  A couple of years ago because of a cut line in my neighborhood, I didn't have cable or internet.  I did have electricity and a DVD player so I watched DVDs at night until I got sleepy.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 4

Another buyer of DVDs chiming in.  I've ranted here once or twice (or maybe even thrice) about how much more difficult, not to mention expensive, it's getting to purchase TV shows on DVD.  I've still been pretty lucky with movies - I usually am buying older titles - but even those are getting harder and harder to track down.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Dimity said:

Another buyer of DVDs chiming in.  I've ranted here once or twice (or maybe even thrice) about how much more difficult, not to mention expensive, it's getting to purchase TV shows on DVD.  I've still been pretty lucky with movies - I usually am buying older titles - but even those are getting harder and harder to track down.

I find so many in resale, vintage or charity shops. Usually for $1-2. 

• Like 4

One of our DVD players is dead but fortunately the second one still works. I have a pile of DVDs from home so I need one that can be hacked to play region 2 as well as region 1, these are nearly ten years old and I don’t look forward to dealing with all that again! 

16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I find so many in resale, vintage or charity shops. Usually for $1-2. 

That's a good suggestion.  I've noticed as well that the book store connected to our public library will often sell CDs and DVDs.  Definitely going to start checking these places out!

• Like 1
On 9/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, shapeshifter said:

I just bought an adapter for my TV so I could use bluetooth headphones. I love it. I use the optical audio output for it. I was having so much difficulty with dialog and I set my headphones to voice, and I can hear it again.

I ate a slice of pepperoni pizza a bit too soon before bed. I had reflux, so I got up to drink a small glass of Vernors, which usually settles my stomach. All that did was go up my nose, so when I went to tinkle I did a sneeze fart, and I am like the epitome of womanly beauty at the moment. 

You're welcome for me making the rest of you look like Venus. :D

Oh, and I think I got some pizza up my nose.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1