Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: I'm Not Acting Crazy With You Tonight

• Start Topic

Our couples go back to their roots and share the memories that made them who they are today.  While some couples get into the tough and sad moments of their past, others struggle to truly open up.  And one wife's outrageous demand has her husband second guessing everything.

Airs Wednesday, March 29 at 8:00PM EDT.

Watch preview here.

Nicole really loves to talk about herself.  Yikes.  Give the guy a chance to breathe and say something.  I don’t know about these two.  Already, she’s telling him how devastated she would be if he says NO.  Nothing like scaring the guy.

Arris is very depressing.  Everything he talks about is negative.  It’s not fair to a new bride.

Kirsten is very nervy.  She’s giving him a verbal list of things she has to have pronto, like a house.  Didn’t The Experts go over these things with them all?  She has some attitude.  He belongs with a woman like what’s her name .. the beauty contest winner.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Pastor Cal TOLD her to knock that off and she refused. Says a lot about her - she knows what's best (which is why she had to rely on a reality show to find her a mate). I have changed my mind and think they will say yes at D Day and maybe also at the reunion, but they might not last through the Where are They Now updates.

I am not planning to watch tonight - we have heard these people talk about their issues ad nauseam and we have seen their roots. The preview with Kirsten laying it out for poor Shaq is pretty amusing. I don't know if he will tell her before D Day, but there is no way he will put up with that entitled crap from her.

• Like 5

Games now?  Think I will be out next week.  I’ll watch Farmer Wants a Wife.  Cannot stand Nicole and Kirsten and Arris.  Too boring.   Good Lord, Nicole is wearing a mustache for painting.  I’m out.  See you all whenever.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

Shaq is definitely souring on Kirsten. She straight up told him HE needs to buy her a house, a car, etc. and no subtlety there, taking him to a 2 million dollar home. She’s a straight up gold digger and I’m not sure, as someone in education, is going to make enough for her. Jasmine sure has her number. Those two need to give it a go. They certainly seem to get each other.   

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Clint and Gina have become my favorite couple. Too bad they aren’t physically attracted to each other.

Mine too.  I have hopes that they will try to stay together a little more and see what happens.  They both are good people, and her clock is ticking.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m not really watching tonight either. The little bit I just watched…they should have put Jas and Shaq together. 

Maybe.... But, Shaq wanted someone with a college degree, because that is his field. Jasmine doesn't have that. So, I dunno if he would have appreciated her had they been matched. Shame, because they have mentoring of young people & love of family in common.

Poor Jasmine has been looking beaten down for weeks; she lit up so brightly at the simplest compliment from Shaq. 

I don't think we've discussed it here, but I believe Airris said his celebrity crush was Lauren London: a biracial (Black & Jewish) actress. So, when Airriss said Jasmine wasn't his type--- I believe he wanted a lighter-skinned Black woman with less kinky/coily textured hair. He should have been matched with Dom. 

Jasmine got hosed this season. I know I would immediately check out if a man said he wasn't attracted to me. Plus, Airriss' attempts at connection are seeking trauma-bonding. He is a sad sack. It's healthful to talk about emotional pain, grieving and loss, but he's like Gina talking about her hair salon.

• Like 8

Shaq should have asked Kirsten if his name will be on the deed or does he just pay for it without any other benefit.  She certainly was very demanding for a "push" gift.  IF a woman is given a push gift it is usually jewelry, not a house, a car, etc.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I guess I’m out too, I forgot to watch tonight but had recorded it so was watching later and fell asleep.  When i went to find the episode to finish watching it had disappeared and I know I didn’t delete it?  The last thing I recall watching was Kirsten demanding Shaq buy her a house and a car in three months.  He didn’t appear too impressed with that whole idea ha ha.  Was funny how she even took him on a tour of a house she would expect!  Was that the end? 

• Like 1
On 3/29/2023 at 9:29 PM, Crashcourse said:

None of these couples are even the least bit interesting.  When is Decision Day?

The only thing Kirsten seems to be interested in is eating.

yeah, she's focused more on the food than Shaq, well, except for the money he can spend on her.  run Shaq!

and did I hear him right.........Airris said something like if his sons look like him the girls will be all over him.  So he thinks he's a good looking catch?  ha

he doesn't have the looks or the personality to attract a lot of women

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 11
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Shaq is definitely souring on Kirsten. She straight up told him HE needs to buy her a house, a car, etc. and no subtlety there, taking him to a 2 million dollar home.

And she has a job, so what does she intend to do with her earnings? “Your money is mine and my money is also mine” is not cute. And Shaq doesn’t seem particularly materially-driven, so I think he’s definitely souring on Kirsten.

11 hours ago, Tess23 said:

Hereby imploring some nice, single lady in Nashville to find Clint and snap him up. I've been a Clint fan from day one, and find him adorably dorky, fun, and cute. 

I like Clint. I’m not physically attracted to him, but he seems like a good guy at heart. (9 years old with size 9 feet sounds like my brother.) I don’t think he and Gina are attracted to each other, but maybe they’ll stay buddies.

(Gina has the best hair out of her stylists. Some of their color jobs were off.)

4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I don't think we've discussed it here, but I believe Airris said his celebrity crush was Lauren London: a biracial (Black & Jewish) actress. So, when Airriss said Jasmine wasn't his type--- I believe he wanted a lighter-skinned Black woman with less kinky/coily textured hair. He should have been matched with Dom.

I remember reading an interview with Pastor Cal in which he said that a lot of the Black men in the applicant pool don’t want to date Black women. That pops into my head every so often watching this show.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

a biracial (Black & Jewish)

Being Jewish isn't a race - it's a religion. So, if she is bi-racial, one of her parents is white and happens to be Jewish.

ETA - when I logged on this morning and saw only 15 posts, I knew that many of us have checked out. Depending on next week's previews, I may watch or just wait for D Day. Maybe the final group trip. Stuff usually happens there.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I was so with Shaq in the last scene (well, actually for the entire episode) when he confronted Kirsten about the expectations and then she had the nerve to tell him she was just kidding and he came back with how she said she didn't like kidding (honeymoon episode) and things should be serious.  Ohhhhh she did not like that.  And I also loved, loved, loved that he asked her to not talk while chewing her food (I notice that all the time with people-what ever happened to manners?).  She hasn't even bothered to introduce him to her father yet expects him to provide everything financial thing in their marriage.

I apologize, this is going to sound rude, but every time I see Gina I am just amazed that she thinks she has a 26" waist (and I have never been thin enough to ever have anything close to a 26" waist [well, maybe when I was like 5 or something]).  I also have never heard a cosmetology program called a hair school-it just sounded weird to me.  Hank is the true loser here as even when they were in their living room Hank was by Clint not Gina.

Nicole is so afraid of being rejected, yet she is oversharing to the point of being rejected.  People don't have to know every single thing we have ever done wrong.  Her insecurities may undermine their relationship.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Shaq should have asked Kirsten if his name will be on the deed or does he just pay for it without any other benefit.  She certainly was very demanding for a "push" gift.  IF a woman is given a push gift it is usually jewelry, not a house, a car, etc.  

I think Shaq would do better with Jasmine.  She has everything a man would want.  Kirsten is a snob who thinks who she is and shows it.  A degree is doing her no favors.  Sitting there stuffing her face while he’s having a meaningful conversation.  Very classy.  NOT.  What’s with her family?  He didn’t meet them yet?

• Like 6
54 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I was so with Shaq in the last scene (well, actually for the entire episode) when he confronted Kirsten about the expectations and then she had the nerve to tell him she was just kidding and he came back with how she said she didn't like kidding (honeymoon episode) and things should be serious.  Ohhhhh she did not like that.  And I also loved, loved, loved that he asked her to not talk while chewing her food (I notice that all the time with people-what ever happened to manners?).  She hasn't even bothered to introduce him to her father yet expects him to provide everything financial thing in their marriage.

I apologize, this is going to sound rude, but every time I see Gina I am just amazed that she thinks she has a 26" waist (and I have never been thin enough to ever have anything close to a 26" waist [well, maybe when I was like 5 or something]).  I also have never heard a cosmetology program called a hair school-it just sounded weird to me.  Hank is the true loser here as even when they were in their living room Hank was by Clint not Gina.

Nicole is so afraid of being rejected, yet she is oversharing to the point of being rejected.  People don't have to know every single thing we have ever done wrong.  Her insecurities may undermine their relationship.

I love your honesty and think the same about everything concerning Kirsten.  She may have a degree, but she sounds stupid when she talks about anything.  At times, she just doesn’t make sense.  It seems that she thinks she’s such a beauty she can get away with things.  I hope he dumps her.

• Like 4

WHAT THE FLIP FLOP?!?!!! Kirsten went from saying they'd buy a house during the tour to saying he needs to buy them/her a house. Then doubled down saying that's who she is...with crazy eyes!!!😬 Um. Call her on it RIGHT THEN!!!! WTF?!?!! He was so soft with discussing it. LAME!!! Then she tried to backtrack & say she was "joking".... about upgrading her car. She should be scared to own what she's saying because he's not with the BS. Clearly gaslighting as well. If that's her expectation, then OWN it & take what comes with it. The games are ridiculous & will guarantee she won't get what she wants. Watching their poor communication is difficult. Probably more difficult than their struggle conversations. 😒

Shaq's repulsed by Kirsten talking while eating, but he's talking to her WHILE SHE'S EATING!!!!! Soooo. How about waiting til she's done?!?!! Dafuq?! 🤨🤨

• Like 4
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also have never heard a cosmetology program called a hair school-it just sounded weird to me.

I've never heard it called "hair school" either.  Does the school have hair all over it? 😬

I do think she and Clint have agreed to just ride things out until Decision Day because they've decided to say NO.  I hope that's the case because they both seem like decent people who shouldn't have been matched.

I'm still on the fence about Nicole and Chris because they both come off as being so needy and desperate.  I expect them to say Yes, but I still don't see them lasting long.

Airiss almost made me fall asleep from boredom.  Jasmine looked like she was about to fall asleep, too.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

WHAT THE FLIP FLOP?!?!!! Kirsten went from saying they'd buy a house during the tour to saying he needs to buy them/her a house. Then doubled down saying that's who she is...with crazy eyes!!!😬 Um. Call her on it RIGHT THEN!!!! WTF?!?!! He was so soft with discussing it. LAME!!! Then she tried to backtrack & say she was "joking".... about upgrading her car. She should be scared to own what she's saying because he's not with the BS. Clearly gaslighting as well. If that's her expectation, then OWN it & take what comes with it. The games are ridiculous & will guarantee she won't get what she wants. Watching their poor communication is difficult. Probably more difficult than their struggle conversations. 😒

Shaq's repulsed by Kirsten talking while eating, but he's talking to her WHILE SHE'S EATING!!!!! Soooo. How about waiting til she's done?!?!! Dafuq?! 🤨🤨

Agree, also have a pet peeve with men commenting on women just simply eating heartily. "You about to lick that plate" so what, let her eat. And for the record, I can't stand her. 

• Like 3

Another episode of Jas going makeup free for a bit. 🤣🤣 I'm tired of her talking to the producers & not her husband. If she's done, BE GONE!!! Both her & Gina are saying what sounds good & coasting til DD. Good luck faking through the sex episode! Well... 🤪😂

• Like 1

Kirsten knew she was being filmed when she was eating.  She could have put the plate aside and talked to Shaq, instead of stuffing her face for the whole world to see.  I thought she was rude to him when he was trying to have a serious discussion about a house that she wanted him to buy for her. 

• Like 4

Kirsten reminds me of O with her expectation. She really believes Shaq is supposed to buy them/her a house?!?!! She really doesn't know how crazy it sounds?!?!! What if he said she must stay home & raise the children or the opposite??? There's a difference between saying it'd be nice if the other person did something & saying the other person must do something. COME ON!

• Like 4

Who knew Kirsten would be a gaslighter??? 🤔🧐 Not only about him buying them/her a house, but him discussing it & holding her feet to the fire is "acting crazy." Girl, STOP! That is such a bad look. Too bad Shaq didn't shut it down correctly & call it what it was. He shouldn't have engaged with the shenanigans after she said he was acting crazy & told her that was inappropriate & to cut it out. Not cute. Not funny. Not acceptable.

• Like 2

Wait, so did she say she was joking when she told him he had to buy her a house, or was she just covering her tracks? It did not look like joking to me when she said he had to buy it so she could tell people that her husband bought it for her. They say have gotten physical, but there is NO WAY he will put up with that.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Amen to all, especially the bolded.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I really am curious to see if Chris says yes on decision day.  He can't possibly, right?  Seems like Nicole is momming him to death.  Seems like she's schooling him, talking down to him, teaching him. It's always something.  No way I would be able to take that for the next 40 years.  No doubt she'll say yes, but will he?

• Useful 1

When Shaq pushed back on Kirsten’s demands, she sure backpedaled and said she was joking. Bish, please. Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong,  but buying a house was a joint venture, no an extravagant gift that I felt entitiled to. Same with any expensive expenditure.  Shaq cracked me up when he suggested getting a Honda (I think it was) when she was talking about her Benz. That viewing of a 2 mil dollar home was such a set up, feeling him out to see where his head is out. 

No wonder Kirsten’s apartment is so bare, it all goes toward her car lease. I can’t remember Shaq’s digs. He seems sensible about finances and not living above your means. 

• Like 7

Oh Nicole. Please, shut the hell up. Just once. Chris should run, but I’m not sure he will. As far as his “I don’t think I could’ve been with the younger Nicole,” did he mean when she cut class in high school? That’s to checkered of a past for him? Skipping class?! Really? 

Clint and Gina are my favorite people on this season, and they have the romantic chemistry of salsa and buttermilk. I hate everyone else. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Shauna said:

I really am curious to see if Chris says yes on decision day.  He can't possibly, right?  Seems like Nicole is momming him to death.  Seems like she's schooling him, talking down to him, teaching him. It's always something.  No way I would be able to take that for the next 40 years.  No doubt she'll say yes, but will he?

I sure hope so as she’s impossible.  It’s almost like her constant jabbering is a sickness of some sort.  Marriage also means some down time.  Time to be with yourself and reflect and just be you.  Recharge your battery so to speak.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

Oh Nicole. Please, shut the hell up. Just once. Chris should run, but I’m not sure he will. As far as his “I don’t think I could’ve been with the younger Nicole,” did he mean when she cut class in high school? That’s to checkered of a past for him? Skipping class?! Really? 

No, I think he was talking about a personality aspect -- doing things that aren't a good idea just because other people, who really aren't good for you either, want to do them, and you are too weak/afraid/insecure to say no...and those things you end up doing, along with the people you do them with, make your life worse but you keep doing the things and hanging with the people anyway.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also loved how he called her out on the fact that just because she didn't want him to discuss a topic, doesn't mean that he can't have the chance to express his opinions.  She is super annoying in those kind of conversations...she will say something that generates a feeling/emotion in him, and the minute he even begins to express something that hints of him having a difference of opinion in a way that paints her in a negative light, she turns all "you need to calm down about this".  And he's already being super calm!  She just doesn't want to hear it.

I also like how he said something about "well then you can go be married to that kind of person", when she started spouting her nonsense about how other men buy cars and houses for their wives.  I would have noped out when she said that she wants to be able to say, "my husband bought me this house".  She really is all about appearances and perceptions. What about instead, being able to say to your girlfriends, "My husband treats me so kindly, and is so supportive of me, and loves me for who I am."  I guess if she has to say that while in a Honda, then it's not worth it!

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think Shaq would do better with Jasmine.  She has everything a man would want.  Kirsten is a snob who thinks who she is and shows it.  A degree is doing her no favors.  Sitting there stuffing her face while he’s having a meaningful conversation.  Very classy.  NOT.  What’s with her family?  He didn’t meet them yet?

Kirsten doesn’t seem too bright to me and she seems screwy and she’s young and like this, I think people like that get even worse as they get older.  He seems way too normal and practical for her. Shaq def should date Jasmine after the show and Airris should go after crazy Kristin, and she has a big butt too 💘

• Like 8
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I sure hope so as she’s impossible.  It’s almost like her constant jabbering is a sickness of some sort.  Marriage also means some down time.  Time to be with yourself and reflect and just be you.  Recharge your battery so to speak.

Yep, she is exhausting and far too opinionated and  I used to think she was insecure but now I’m thinking the opposite. But could you imagine her with Clint, OMG 🥺

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Shauna said:

I kind of agree but in some ways they seem to work too.  I do feel she’s exhausting but she does seem compatible with him, we don’t hear much from him yet and maybe she will calm down once the cameras are gone.

• Like 3

I barely watched the last two episodes, so I don't have much to say on the actual boring non-events that occurred.

Chris and Nicole - He's a non-entity. I don't know much about him except he does impressions and accents. Nice enough guy, but not made for TV. Nicole is so dominate. My brother married a woman like that, but she was more bossy than needy like Nicole. Didn't last. Will they? For a while, maybe.

Shaq and Kirsten - Shaq, thumbs up. Kirsten, thumbs down. Go get yourself a millionaire who wants a beautiful blank slate in return for a mansion and a fancy car.

Airris and Jasmine - Run, Jas, straight into Shaq's arms. She said it all when she confessed that she'd lost interest because of his lack of interest. Airris has a lot of growing up to do for a thirty-something man.

Gina and Clint - I do not like him. He actually hasn't done anything objectionable, but still an ew from me. Just something about him that repulses me. Instinctive cringe? Gina is rather boring when she's talking about hair. Clint looked bored, too, but he was trying.

And that's all, folks. How many episodes left? I tried giving The Bachelor a chance, but quit after two weeks. Trash TV lost its appeal because I had a month of free HBO, hah. The Last of Us, Julia, Gilded Age and Somebody Somewhere FTW!

3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Chris & Nic's painting was the ugliest thing ever painted on this show!!!! Hideous monstrosity!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wish I'd seen that! Must have fallen asleep or something. Why were they painting? What were they painting?

edit: I googled "Chris & Nicole ugly painting" but that wasn't much help. I did actually see some of them painting, she had a mustache and he did the accents, but I didn't get a look at their masterpiece!

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Being Jewish isn't a race - it's a religion. So, if she is bi-racial, one of her parents is white and happens to be Jewish.

ETA - when I logged on this morning and saw only 15 posts, I knew that many of us have checked out. Depending on next week's previews, I may watch or just wait for D Day. Maybe the final group trip. Stuff usually happens there.

There are obviously black people that are Jewish but I think you know what they meant when they were pointing out those two things. He was probably looking for light skinned/mixed race looking woman.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Shauna said:

yeah, i think he will.  i don't see her as talking down to him, just having honest conversations.  and haven't they both said that he's more vocal off camera? 

1.   Chris saying he couldn’t have married Nicole because of how she was.  Dude, look in the mirror, YOU were the one being walked over and kicked to the curb as a sad sack in your younger years.  Those in glass houses….

2.  Kirsten certainly was NOT kidding.  If she wants to be a kept woman, she should go on those sugar daddy sites, not MAFS.  On the aftershow, she skirted around those questions. Straight up lying, which makes me question everything about her.  She intends Shaq to buy and pay for the million dollar home and luxury cars etc so she can be a Real Housewife of Nashville.  (Are they in Nashville? I can’t remember.). And good on Shaq…I can’t handle it when people, KNOWING they are having a conversation, shovel huge mouthfuls of food into their gaping maws and talk around it.  It’s so rude and gross. 

3.  I still like Nicole, and I’ve done a 180 on Clint and Gina.  He would be more likely to stay in the marriage than Gina, but at least they are friends and not talking about horrible tragedies in their lives alllll the time. 

4.   I still can’t get over that Airris is 39(!!!!!!) and still thinks he’s an f-boy and all that for the young ladies out there.  Yes, he’s been through a lot.  I have too, so I get it.  I just don’t think he is ready to settle down.  At all.  

• Like 5