Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: I'm Not Acting Crazy With You Tonight

• Start Topic

Another episode ending with Shaq & Kirsten & my what a difference!! They went from body painting & kissing to Kirsten lying & gaslighting. YIKES!!! 😬 Shaq's probably gunna let her get away with it & keep it moving, but keep it in the back of his mind & question everything else she says. He shouldn't do that & just resolve it even though she's trying to avoid it. It'll probably be part of his speech when he says No on DD. Just wishful thinking.

• Like 1
On 3/30/2023 at 3:41 AM, endure said:

I guess I’m out too

I mostly am.  I'll watch the D-day show, they do a look back at the couple's journey usually and that's enough for me.  I like the episodes up through the honeymoons, then they get boring for me.

• Like 2
On 3/30/2023 at 1:46 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Chis wanted to show Nicole a little about his childhood so they meet at a paint store. I was like, OH NO! we're going to watch paint dry. 

Ha ha ha, watching paint dry sums up Chris's entire personality!  It's only fitting that he grew up in that industry.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 3/30/2023 at 4:39 AM, NowVoyager said:

Jasmine got hosed this season. I know I would immediately check out if a man said he wasn't attracted to me. Plus, Airriss' attempts at connection are seeking trauma-bonding. He is a sad sack. It's healthful to talk about emotional pain, grieving and loss, but he's like Gina talking about her hair salon.

Except for the orgies she doesn't have there 😂

On 3/30/2023 at 1:46 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Chis wanted to show Nicole a little about his childhood so they meet at a paint store. I was like, OH NO! we're going to watch paint dry. 

I guess I missed out about his childhood - I was wondering why they were doing the painting.  Just the thing after a "hard week" 🙄

I have been happily married for 16 years and after a hard week we just go to dinner or hang out and watch tv.  We also have never once used the word "vulnerable" - don't tell Pepper or she'll be ordering us to GET A DIVORCE!

On 3/30/2023 at 3:02 PM, Crashcourse said:

I do think she and Clint have agreed to just ride things out until Decision Day because they've decided to say NO.  I hope that's the case because they both seem like decent people who shouldn't have been matched.

They're not into each other but is there a reason we've heard that they shouldn't have been matched?  Did Gina demand "no ginger features"?  They seem like they could have been a good match if they had found each other attractive.

• Like 2

They're not into each other but is there a reason we've heard that they shouldn't have been matched?  Did Gina demand "no ginger features"?  They seem like they could have been a good match if they had found each other attractive.

I think the "experts" were going for opposites balancing each other out but that didn't work in this case. Gina lives to work. Clint works to live. Neither is wrong but I think they want totally different things in a marriage.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I also loved how he called her out on the fact that just because she didn't want him to discuss a topic, doesn't mean that he can't have the chance to express his opinions.  She is super annoying in those kind of conversations...she will say something that generates a feeling/emotion in him, and the minute he even begins to express something that hints of him having a difference of opinion in a way that paints her in a negative light, she turns all "you need to calm down about this".  And he's already being super calm!  She just doesn't want to hear it.

I also like how he said something about "well then you can go be married to that kind of person", when she started spouting her nonsense about how other men buy cars and houses for their wives.  I would have noped out when she said that she wants to be able to say, "my husband bought me this house".  She really is all about appearances and perceptions. What about instead, being able to say to your girlfriends, "My husband treats me so kindly, and is so supportive of me, and loves me for who I am."  I guess if she has to say that while in a Honda, then it's not worth it!

Seems to me she’s been lying.  Something about her great childhood, then said her Father left when she was young.  Then the fact that she hasn’t introduced him to her Father yet.  Little bits n pieces come out here n there.  Then, if he challenges her, she gets mad and changes the subject.  At times, she talks like a little girl would talk and think.  I don’t trust her.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Then the fact that she hasn’t introduced him to her Father yet. 

I wonder if part of it is that her dad didn't approve of this process overall and he just isn't interested in participating in any part of it?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder if part of it is that her dad didn't approve of this process overall and he just isn't interested in participating in any part of it?

If she even sees her Father.  I don’t recall her talking about her family much, but maybe I’m wrong.  She doesn’t communicate very well, and changes a subject often when talking to Shaq.  I really don’t think she’s playing with a full deck.  Just my opinion.

• Like 6

IMO Kirsten probably isn't that successful as a realtor (empty apartment, etc.) because she really doesn't like answering questions that challenge the perspective she is presenting.  I think she really does want to be a "trophy" wife and "be taken care of" by someone.  She may get dates after this show as she is pretty (IMO).  She may be trying to build her clientele through exposure on this show, but I doubt that the home she showed Shaq is her exclusive listing.  

• Like 5

Two things I'm wondering about:

• What were they talking about on the Afterparty, regarding Mona in Chicago?
  • Have we heard more about what Clint mentioned, that he used to be a pilot and made a big career decision to take the account management job?
3 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

• Have we heard more about what Clint mentioned, that he used to be a pilot and made a big career decision to take the account management job?

i thought they said Maya, but, either way, yeah, what was that about?

first i remember hearing anything about clint being a pilot

• Like 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

IMO Kirsten probably isn't that successful as a realtor (empty apartment, etc.) because she really doesn't like answering questions that challenge the perspective she is presenting.  I think she really does want to be a "trophy" wife and "be taken care of" by someone.  She may get dates after this show as she is pretty (IMO).  She may be trying to build her clientele through exposure on this show, but I doubt that the home she showed Shaq is her exclusive listing.  

I'm guessing that Kirsten has gotten plenty of dates because she's pretty, but after guys spend ten minutes with her (or after they have sex), they realize they're talking to a lifeless robot with very little personality.  They will definitely get the sense that she's a gold digger after watching this show.    

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 3/30/2023 at 1:39 AM, NowVoyager said:

Poor Jasmine has been looking beaten down for weeks; she lit up so brightly at the simplest compliment from Shaq. 

Jas deserves a relationship where the man gives her compliments like that every day.  Shaq deserves a person who is not demanding that he buy her high ticket items. Arris deserves a freak in bed.  Is Chris ("Its da face") from a few seasons ago available?

• LOL 1
On 3/30/2023 at 6:28 AM, Empress1 said:

And she has a job, so what does she intend to do with her earnings? “Your money is mine and my money is also mine” is not cute. And Shaq doesn’t seem particularly materially-driven, so I think he’s definitely souring on Kirsten.

I like Clint. I’m not physically attracted to him, but he seems like a good guy at heart. (9 years old with size 9 feet sounds like my brother.) I don’t think he and Gina are attracted to each other, but maybe they’ll stay buddies.

(Gina has the best hair out of her stylists. Some of their color jobs were off.)

I remember reading an interview with Pastor Cal in which he said that a lot of the Black men in the applicant pool don’t want to date Black women. That pops into my head every so often watching this show.

Pastor Cal would annoy me when he first joined MAFS, and his mission was to match Black singles to each other, instead of picking the most compatible people.  So we can just discount whatever he says about this.  In case Pastor Cal hasnt noticed, there are tons of commercials with biracial kids, so society has moved beyond his agenda- like 15 years ago at least.  He can join the new society, where people get to date whoever they want to date, regardless of race.

• Like 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Keisha read a tweet from viewer "Mona from Chicago" early in the show--I don't remember what the comment was, sorry--and the later reference to her was a callback joke. 

Edited by bref
  • Useful 1
On 3/31/2023 at 6:22 PM, Elizzikra said:

I can def see that - in fact if I had a daughter or son going on this show, I would say do what you want but count me out on the show.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, bref said:

Keisha read a tweet from viewer "Mona from Chicago" early in the show--I don't remember what the comment was, sorry--and the later reference to her was a callback joke. 

well, that was a total waste of what little time there was between commercials

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm guessing that Kirsten has gotten plenty of dates because she's pretty, but after guys spend ten minutes with her (or after they have sex), they realize they're talking to a lifeless robot with very little personality.  They will definitely get the sense that she's a gold digger after watching this show.    

Maybe she’s on the Spectrom?   I don’t know much about that but, she acts and talks like a child, was eating like she was going to the chair while Shaq was talking about an important subject.  Who acts like a child?  She’s an adult, but does not act like one.  All points to something is wrong there.  Maybe.

This seems to come up every season. There is speculation about someone being on the spectrum because they are socially awkward or inept. I don't want to diagnose that in anyone, but to me, it just shows how poorly these people are selected. Kirsten doesn't seem bright enough to be playing that role, but she is a strange one. I think she is mostly an entitled, spoiled, pretty girl who no one has ever corrected or maybe even taught basic social skills. Sigh - the new generation of special snowflakes.

• Like 10
(edited)

On Kristin, I doubt that was her listing.

There are a lot of broke real estate agents.  More broke ones than the ones that succeed and do well.

My mom used to be one and, of course, this was before the days of social media and internet, but she had one year where she spent more than she made.  And another year where she would've made more as a cashier working FT.

It's a tough business.  So I'm sure that Kirsten isn't doing well at it and she probably is looking for someone to take care of her, buy her a house because she's barely scraping by.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 2

Each episode is more boring than the last. This show could be a sleep remedy for people who struggle.

I like Clint and wish they had chosen someone more appropriate for him. That nose ring is so off putting. 
Kirsten is too much. She really doesn’t expect to contribute financially to her household? What an entitled brat. 
Airris is so dull. It’s unfair for Jasmine. She should be strong and leave.

• Like 7
(edited)
On 4/2/2023 at 2:52 PM, Boo Boo said:

On Kristin, I doubt that was her listing.

There are a lot of broke real estate agents.  More broke ones than the ones that succeed and do well.

My mom used to be one and, of course, this was before the days of social media and internet, but she had one year where she spent more than she made.  And another year where she would've made more as a cashier working FT.

It's a tough business.  So I'm sure that Kirsten isn't doing well at it and she probably is looking for someone to take care of her, buy her a house because she's barely scraping by.

This is all so true. I own a brokerage, and a couple times a month, I have someone who just passed their state licensing test call me up to set up an interview. When a newly licensed agent interviews with a brokerage, it's a two-way interview. They're seeing if they want to work for me, and I'm seeing if I want them to represent my brand. 

There is a ton of information out there regarding how little new real estate agents make in most markets. 87% of new real estate agents don't make it five years in the industry. Based on my personal experience, somewhere between 25% and 35% bail out within the first 12 months. They often try to go to another brokerage and give it another go, which is fine, but when an agent leaves one brokerage in an area to go to another one within a year or two, they don't last. Brokers talk. We know who's working out and who isn't. 

I say all that to say this. I cannot imagine a world where Kirsten interviewed with a brokerage and impressed the broker with that blank void that is her personality. I'd love to know which brokerage she's working for, as I suspect it's one of the web-based ones (which are 100% legal), but do little to no vetting of agents that interview with them. I know that Nashville and the surrounding areas are a real estate hotspot (my wife and I are hoping to move to the area within a couple years), but I just can't imagine that she ever impressed a broker, and I refuse to believe that she really connects with clients. I'd love to know which brokerage she works for, and how long she's been doing real estate.

EDIT:
I was being lazy, but I did my own research, and it turns out she apparently works for Parks Realty, which is a very recognizable name in and around Nashville. I have no words. Maybe she's got a personality in person and is just camera shy. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

I, too, did some Kirsten real estate research.  She has sold some houses.  Nowhere near the $2.9 million job they showed, but some impressive numbers.  She did seem to know her way around the home that she was showing Shaq, which is what a prospective buyer wants.

I actually don't mind Kirsten's quietness.  It's her little demands, that Shaq buy her a house and a nice car, that that's what her friends' husbands do.  Her constant chewing while he's trying to have a discussion with her.  Respect, girl.

• Like 2
On 4/1/2023 at 2:08 PM, Gator Stud said:

Arris deserves a freak in bed. 

Yeah - one who would totally freak him out since I'm not buying what he's selling about himself 😄

On 4/2/2023 at 9:41 AM, kristen111 said:

Maybe she’s on the Spectrom?   I don’t know much about that but, she acts and talks like a child, was eating like she was going to the chair while Shaq was talking about an important subject.  Who acts like a child?  She’s an adult, but does not act like one.  All points to something is wrong there.  Maybe.

I know plenty of women who think that is cute - if she's doing okay in her career then she's just putting on that little-girl act to be cute for her husband 🙄

• Like 3
On 3/31/2023 at 8:56 PM, kristen111 said:

Seems to me she’s been lying.  Something about her great childhood, then said her Father left when she was young.  Then the fact that she hasn’t introduced him to her Father yet.  Little bits n pieces come out here n there.  Then, if he challenges her, she gets mad and changes the subject.  At times, she talks like a little girl would talk and think.  I don’t trust her.  

4 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I, too, did some Kirsten real estate research.  She has sold some houses.  Nowhere near the $2.9 million job they showed, but some impressive numbers.  She did seem to know her way around the home that she was showing Shaq, which is what a prospective buyer wants.

I actually don't mind Kirsten's quietness.  It's her little demands, that Shaq buy her a house and a nice car, that that's what her friends' husbands do.  Her constant chewing while he's trying to have a discussion with her.  Respect, girl.

Kirsten wants Shaq to provide as Daddy did for Mama:

1. Mama did not have to go on a third-rate reality show to meet Daddy so they had a relationship that you and Shaq do not have as of yet.

2. That was a nice and modest house that was your childhood home. You made it seem like Shaq would have to buy you a multi-million dollar home to keep you satisfied.

3. Mama and Daddy are not together so they might not be the best role model for a successful marriage.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

What kind of numbers?  And what would her cut be, in your estimation? 

Whatever the case, I hope she does well.  Her apartment didn't really seem reflective of someone even in the industry, much less doing well at it.

6 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

What kind of numbers?  And what would her cut be, in your estimation? 

Listing agents typically charge a commission of 5% or 6%. If they find their own buyer for a home, they don't have to split that commission. In virtually every case, if the buyers have their own agent, the two agents split the commission, so Kirsten's cut drops down to 2.5-3%. 

It's also worth noting that Kirsten doesn't technically get that commission. Instead, the brokerage she works for, in her case Parks Realty, gets that commission, and then pays Kirsten after keeping a cut of that commission. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

The homes that Kirsten has sold are in the $400-$800K range.  
A far cry from $2.9 million, but respectable nonetheless. 

OK. if she charges a 6% commission, she'd be looking at somewhere between $24,000 and $48,000. If another agent brings her a buyer, that would drop to somewhere between $12,000 and $24,000, as it would split in half. That money would go to Parks Realty, and they would cut Kirsten a check after charging a percentage for providing her with an office, ongoing training, lead generation, etc...I'm totally guessing here, but I would say Kirsten makes somewhere between $7,200 and $28,000 per listing for herself depending on a few factors. 

Also, as an independent contractor, which real estate agents are, she's responsible for her own tax withholdings on those commission earnings unless Parks Realty has a system in place that does that for its agents. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

The homes that Kirsten has sold are in the $400-$800K range.  
A far cry from $2.9 million, but respectable nonetheless. 

I was just curious since you had looked at the numbers whether you were able to figure out what her Commission might look like.  How many houses has she sold in that range? Over what period of time?

She's young and she's probably very new so I wouldn't expect her to be top producer and making mega bucks anyway.  I think her "buy me a house" type of comments instead of pushing for them to BOTH purchase together signals to me she is struggling.

Like I said, it's a tough industry and people lull themselves into thinking they'll make a shit ton of "easy" money.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I was just curious since you had looked at the numbers whether you were able to figure out what her Commission might look like.  How many houses has she sold in that range? Over what period of time?

That I don't know, as I didn't sleuth that deep lol.

But she does appear to be a legit realtor, with legit listings and sales.

And a legit misplaced need for her man to buy her nice stuff.

Girl, you're making that kind of commission, and he's still paying school loans.  Buy HIM something nice!

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

That I don't know, as I didn't sleuth that deep lol.

But she does appear to be a legit realtor, with legit listings and sales.

And a legit misplaced need for her man to buy her nice stuff.

Girl, you're making that kind of commission, and he's still paying school loans.  Buy HIM something nice!

Sorry, the way you made it sound initially I thought you uncovered that she's sold X amount of houses in a one year and therefore she makes a good bit of $.

From the follow-up, it just sounds like you've uncovered she has some listings and the price range of those sales, but it sounds like it could be over the lifetime of her realtor career.

So based on the non-furnished apartment they showed, I'm going to go with my original assumption which is she isn't making a ton of money yet.  She might get there, but not yet.

Hence, she wants someone to buy her houses, and whatever else.  

• Like 1