Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Training Day

Bort
  • Start Topic

Addison makes a special appearance at Grey Sloan to welcome Bailey’s new OB/GYN trainees. Maggie’s lung transplant is derailed, and Nick bonds with Lucas — before the day takes a shocking turn.

Airdate: March 23, 2023

We're supposed to believe that Lucas came to Grey-Sloan because of Meredith and not because of his late uncle? Did Lucas and Meredith interact at all before she left?

I'm happy to hear that Nick knew full well Meredith heard his ILY but pretended not to. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 9

Maybe I'm saying this too early, but I like the Nick/Adams mentorship pairing. Hopefully they keep developing that more.

And maybe I'm jinxing this by saying it at all, but I didn't mind Teddy this episode. Maybe because for the majority of the episode Owen was nowhere near her.

And they better not kill off Addison!

• Like 14
17 minutes ago, shantown said:

Maybe I'm saying this too early, but I like the Nick/Adams mentorship pairing. Hopefully they keep developing that more.

And maybe I'm jinxing this by saying it at all, but I didn't mind Teddy this episode. Maybe because for the majority of the episode Owen was nowhere near her.

And they better not kill off Addison!

And Kim Raver was the director.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

How old is Leo supposed to be? I feel like he should be out of a stroller by now...

Leo was 1 in season 14. He is 6. My niece is 6 and she pushes the stroller when her lil bro rides in it. 

• Like 7

How dare they put even a scratch on Addison Forbes Montgomery Reilly! 

Addison will survive. The pregnant trainee won't, though. And it will highlight the irony how anti-abortion people killed a pregnant woman. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 12
49 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

How dare they put even a scratch on Addison Forbes Montgomery Reilly! 

That hospital has already killed her ex-husband and ex-boyfriend.  There is no need to add Addison to the pile.  Also, the Addison/Bailey scenes made the episode.  Their relationship is one place where the show benefits from such a long run, as it gives the characters such a rich history.    

I was confused about the comment about Meredith getting lost on the city streets in Boston.  Didn't she grow up there? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

We're supposed to believe that Lucas came to Grey-Sloan because of Meredith and not because of his late uncle? Did Lucas and Meredith interact at all before she left?

I'm happy to hear that Nick knew full well Meredith heard his ILY but pretended not to. 

Didn't he get rejected by all the other residency programs and Meredith was Chief and accepted him?

This show better not kill of Addison. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 3

I don't think he came because The Sun.  I think he thinks Meredith accepted him into the prgoram because he was Derek's nephew which made him feel weird enough but now that she's gone it is even more weird.

Leo's age I think it is about being easier to corral the child actors rather than anything else.  I mean honestly if they are going from the car into daycare in the building do they need a stroller for either kid?

They can't kill Addison.  People will riot.

The patient who gave birth and her friend who made the playlist... um... why couldn't she have her playlist?  All my playlists are accessible through my phone which is with me at all times.  

Edited by bybrandy
  • Like 7

This show better not kill of Addison. 

The pregnant intern was the only one who actually got hit by the car as far as I could tell. She actually went up onto it and over it. Addison looked like she fell to the side of it. I'm not even sure why she was unconscious.

I wonder if there are really violent demonstrations like that anymore, now that Roe v. Wade has been overturned. I know they said these people followed Addison there from all over the country but it seemed like a stretch to me.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The pregnant intern was the only one who actually got hit by the car as far as I could tell. She actually went up onto it and over it. Addison looked like she fell to the side of it. I'm not even sure why she was unconscious.

This. I saw a clip online and watched that part back, and Addison actually doesn't get touched by the car. She maaaaaaaaybe get's clipped on her hand that's flailing back, but other than that she essentially trips and falls. Of course, we're meant to believe otherwise. 

Upthread I said the pregnant doctor is going to die, but I think she may actually survive but her baby won't. Grey's won't let the opportunity pass to have anti-abortionists kill an unborn child to highlight the hypocrisy. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, funnygirl said:

This. I saw a clip online and watched that part back, and Addison actually doesn't get touched by the car. She maaaaaaaaybe get's clipped on her hand that's flailing back, but other than that she essentially trips and falls. Of course, we're meant to believe otherwise. 

Upthread I said the pregnant doctor is going to die, but I think she may actually survive but her baby won't. Grey's won't let the opportunity pass to have anti-abortionists ending up killing an unborn child to highlight the hypocrisy. 

She could still have hit her head when she fell and have been seriously hurt 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

This show has always been this show, so I should probably not be surprised when it is just too much.   

Everything just feels predictable, and they need to have more fun.   I am not against them taking on serious subjects, but that is not why i watch this show.   

I hated  the spontaneous 'The Lion Sleeps  Tonight".   

And didn't she say she was 34 weeks pregnant?   Maybe it was 36?   i don't know but was there no concern about this baby coming early, aside from she did not have her upgraded delivery room, playlist and husband with her?   All those are important but i would think there would be some concern about it being too early.   But maybe i just heard her wrong and she was farther a long than i thought.  And i know a baby can be born early and be just fine but i would think there would be some concern  about it.   And then the baby is born and it's a 2 or 3 month old they show.   lol  I know , they cannot have an actual newborn but a  baby coming full term would not look like that.  Oh but they put that waxy stuff on the baby's head, so that makes it look authentic.   lol     

I don't care that much about that kind of thing.  It's just a show , but they try to make things look real, with the surgeries and injuries but then they have a newborn that looks like that.    I'm sure they have some newborn doll type of thing, that they could have used so not sure why they needed to use that baby.   

Then Derek's nephew --  whatever his name is --  checks a text message, when he is presenting a patient?   That is rude , in the middle of a conversation with anyone, let alone a professional interaction with your superiors.   And yes, they were annoyed by it but it was more  like , 'oh these darn kids'.   lol  Can you imagine what Bailey would have said if someone did that to her?   lol  

And does it really take that much to pay your gas bill?  i know, if gets shut off, it gets more complicated.       But anyway, his distraction with that, and all the mistakes he made,  he was definitely treated with kid gloves as opposed to the Come to Jesus type of lecture and scolding he would have gotten from Bailey and others, in years past.   

Well times change ,  I guess and in real life, it may be for the good of everyone, to not put the interns under so much pressure  and have a little more patience and understanding but it's not as good for a tv show.   lol  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I wonder if there are really violent demonstrations like that anymore, now that Roe v. Wade has been overturned. I know they said these people followed Addison there from all over the country but it seemed like a stretch to me.

Yes, it's still happening.  A PP clinic in Illinois was burned down in January, and a planned location for a clinic in Wyoming was burned down about 6 months ago.  Church groups and other groups also continue to protest in front of clinics every day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

The patient who gave birth and her friend who made the playlist... um... why couldn't she have her playlist?  All my playlists are accessible through my phone which is with me at all times.  

I was thinking the same thing. Even if the playlist wasn't on her phone, she should have been able to at least go to youtube or something to find some music for her.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, mishap said:

And does it really take that much to pay your gas bill?

I don't understand the not having the access code for the account thing. Are the utilities still in Meredith's name? Even when I've rented the utilities were in my or my roommate's name (I paid the electric and she paid the cable/phone, and every few months I would write her a check for my half of the cable minus her half of the electric), with the other listed as a secondary account holder in case we needed the other to do anything with it. I have a code for my cell phone account but not for my gas or other stuff.

Are they even paying rent?

• Like 3

I don't understand the not having the access code for the account thing. Are the utilities still in Meredith's name?

I have a hard time believing Meredith or whoever paid utilities didn't have an automatic payment set up through their bank. I can't see Meredith, Maggie or Amelia sitting down and writing checks every month.

And did my eyes deceive me or did Adams whip off his towel right in front of his female co-workers there in the locker room after coming out of the shower? And none of them batted an eye?

• Like 5

The hospital is private property.  As soon as they started protesting, the hospital would have called police to get them off the property.  If this had been done, none of the rest of the crap would have happened.

5 hours ago, izabella said:

Yes, it's still happening.  A PP clinic in Illinois was burned down in January, and a planned location for a clinic in Wyoming was burned down about 6 months ago.  Church groups and other groups also continue to protest in front of clinics every day.

And these religious zealots think it's okay to kill people that don't believe what they do (as long as their bible can be construed to support their beliefs).  And if I've offended anyone, I don't care.  I'm atheist and I think it is all fairy tales.

Edited by dshgr
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dshgr said:

The hospital is private property.  As soon as they started protesting, the hospital would have called police to get them off the property.  If this had been done, none of the rest of the crap would have happened.

I didn't get a good look where the protesters were exactly.  Were they actually on hospital property, or across the street where it's public property?

5 minutes ago, izabella said:

I didn't get a good look where the protesters were exactly.  Were they actually on hospital property, or across the street where it's public property?

They were right in front of the clinic door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, dshgr said:

It wouldn't have stopped the driver though. They could have just been sitting in their car in the parking lot, waiting.

Also, did anyone else think for a minute that the pregnant trainee was setting Addison up by dropping her stuff on purpose? Obviously, that turned out not to be the case when the trainee was hit by the car. But I thought maybe she was trying to get Addison out in the open for someone to shoot her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

It wouldn't have stopped the driver though. They could have just been sitting in their car in the parking lot, waiting.

Also, did anyone else think for a minute that the pregnant trainee was setting Addison up by dropping her stuff on purpose? Obviously, that turned out not to be the case when the trainee was hit by the car. But I thought maybe she was trying to get Addison out in the open for someone to shoot her.

That didn't occur to me, since that was the trainee that was all upset since she had been the one to post on Facebook about the clinic. I thought she was going to confess and thought it was pointless since even if that wasn't totally smart it isn't her fault the protesters show up. Telling Addison wasn't going to help any one.

• Like 2

My first thought was the pregnant trainee was setting up Addison but I honestly feel like she was just going to be the one to confess to posting the location.  

• Like 2

I've been binge watching all of Season 19 this week. Great to see Addison. So much of this season has been focused on the interns - who I do not care about - so it was really nice to focus on Bailey and Addison. 

They had better not kill off Addison. 

• Like 1