Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: Getting to the Crust

• Start Topic

Fear gets the better of one bride as she worries that one day her happy marriage will crumble, while another wife clams up when her husband finally begins to share.  On the lighter side, a sensual body painting session turns one wife's body into a masterpiece, and--moved by the power of goat yoga--a father-in-law has a surprising change of heart.

Airs Wednesday, March 22, at 8:00PM EDT.

Watch preview here.

It’s so boring.  Does Nicole have any other clothes besides tank tops?  She should of been a shrink, as she thinks she knows everything.

Is her Father part of the show now?  Birds of a feather.

I have no idea what Pepper talks about.

Marriage is for people that are in love, not just thrown together.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Aaaannnnd I didn't need to see Kirsten in body paint. 

I just don’t find body painting and French kissing with food in your mouth a real “turn on”. But maybe it did the trick with them!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Airiss gets disappointed when he asks his wife what her favourite colour is and she says pink, he wanted to get deep, WTF is wrong wit that man lol 😳

4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I just don’t find body painting and French kissing with food in your mouth a real “turn on”. But maybe it did the trick with them!

Sometimes they just get so darn creative on this show.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Only one page with a few comments tells the tale of this series!

I was thinking.  When I was a young thing I walked into a room...saw my husband playing cards with three others...and it was love at first sight!

If they would have paired me with any others I don't think it would have worked at all!

Either you've got it or you don't!  You can't force love and attraction!

• Like 8

That body painting of Shaq's was the least sexy way of doing it I have ever seen.  Aren't you supposed to lovingly stroke the area being painted, not do it like you are just dabbing the paint on a wall.  

Jasmine's short answers to the questions in the jar were because she has already checked out and I don't blame her.  Maybe Airris has reasons for acting the way he does, but she doesn't have to just get over his slimy comments about her not being attractive and all the sexually stupid questions.

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Yes, the way that Shaq did the body painting was strange and totally not sexy (to me). I guess the whipped cream and strawberry did the trick, though. He said on the Afterparty that while they did progress to the bedroom, he was still respectful, so they didn't consummate it then. Looks like by the next week, they have, though.

Airris was way more animated with Jasmine's mother than he has ever been with Jas. I can barely understand his mumbling, and I hate how he won't even make eye contact with his wife. Jas is totally done and Keisha called her on it last night. She asked why Jasmine didn't answer anything or seemed so bored. The whole thing with the ridiculous questions was dumb and most of them just read a question, had a short answer, and moved on, like Clint said, it was a Q&A interview - not a conversation.

I didn't watch the goat yoga and have decided that I really don't like any of the staged activities. Was Nicole's dad there? Why??? Nicole is going to screw this up herself if she doesn't get some counseling. And she needs to stop being glued to his side. We get it - she loves him and he is nice to her. But, give the man some room to breathe! I think they will make it for a while, but not long term. She is too needy.

My, like, biggest issue, is like, you know, that I like can't like tell if these people are just like really inarticulate, or just like plain dumb. 

Gina can say whatever she wants - she is never going to be ready to forgive Clint. She can keep telling Dr. P that she just needs time for whatever, but she is not into him at all. Hank will be devastated, but there is no way. I like that the preview showed her saying that she didn't sign up for Friends at First Sight. I also think it is funny that Hank sleeps with Clint, not Gina. That seems too bad to me. He can be a bit too much and he always just says, "yeah," when she says anything, but I THINK he could be an ok partner.

Looks like we won't even fill one page of comments this week. Does that tell you anything, Lifetime?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Only one page with a few comments tells the tale of this series!

I was thinking.  When I was a young thing I walked into a room...saw my husband playing cards with three others...and it was love at first sight!

If they would have paired me with any others I don't think it would have worked at all!

Either you've got it or you don't!  You can't force love and attraction!

Same here.  My husband came over and asked me to dance and sparks flew.  Married a very long time.  I don’t believe in this match up crap.   Also, these “experts” are a waste of time.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Jas really bombed that q&a. She really wants deeper conversations, huh? Looks like she lied. 🤣🤣 She wants him to take the lead on that, WHA?!?!! If you want something, DO IT!!! He's not an effin mind-reader!!! It is funny how she joined him in being a liar cuz he lied about furthering their "intimacy" on the honeymoon & was all talk. So they're a pair of liars! 🤪

Clint can STFU with his "salesman" communication style. He tells stories as an invitation to share?!?!! WTF IS THAT?!?! EFFIN WEIRDO!!!! How the eff is someone supposed to know it's an "invitation"?!?!! Uh. It's pretty standard to ASK QUESTIONS when you want to know something!! DUHHH!!!! It was funny that Gina called him out on being all talk about getting to know her, like I've been saying ALL ALONG! Then he got defensive about not asking questions. Talking about getting to know her AIN'T WORKING!!!!!! EFFIN IDIOT!!! They need the show questions cuz they just plain can't converse about anything meaningful. Gina said they've been avoiding it since it went so bad on the honeymoon. Ya. That's gunna work! NOT! FIGURE OUT HOW TO TALK!!! DP just had to say if you stick to your communication style, you'll get nowhere.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just some observations. This is episode 12 and I still had to go look up some of their names. I'm becoming more interested in watching a show with Nicole's dad. Chris worries me because he has this stress look on his face all the time. Even when he smiles there's the anxiety around the eyes. I'm wanting to know why. Is he naturally nervous? Did he get so hurt in the past that he's just on guard all the time to get burned? Nicole is going to question herself right out of every possible relationship. You can't spend all your time wondering. You've got to live in the moment and stop worrying. 

Airris.... just stop wasting everyone's time. You need a sugar mamma with big assets and a bigger bank account. Someone who'll take care of your needs and your meals.

Clint has grown on me.  Gina wants a hot guy who gets out of the way and lets her do her own thing.

Shaq and Kirsten need to give it up. For someone who is so educated Shaq sometimes talks like he has marbles in his mouth.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

It’s so boring.  Does Nicole have any other clothes besides tank tops?  She should of been a shrink, as she thinks she knows everything.

Is her Father part of the show now?  Birds of a feather.

I have no idea what Pepper talks about.

Marriage is for people that are in love, not just thrown together.

Nicole should never wear a tank top.  Really emphasizes her broad shoulders in relation to her small head.  They don't match up. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Yoga has been practiced for decades and I definitely understand why people do this exercise for their health. What’s the benefit of having goats near you during the yoga sessions? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

That body painting of Shaq's was the least sexy way of doing it I have ever seen.  Aren't you supposed to lovingly stroke the area being painted, not do it like you are just dabbing the paint on a wall.  

Jasmine's short answers to the questions in the jar were because she has already checked out and I don't blame her.  Maybe Airris has reasons for acting the way he does, but she doesn't have to just get over his slimy comments about her being attractive and all the sexually stupid questions.

OMG Airris is such a drip.... and now he acts like it's her, not him!?!

LOL yes, the body painting and mouth food sharing was so NOT sexy, how embarrassing for their total awkwardness.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Jas really bombed that q&a. She really wants deeper conversations, huh? Looks like she lied. 🤣🤣 She wants him to take the lead on that, WHA?!?!! If you want something, DO IT!!! He's not an effin mind-reader!!! It is funny how she joined him in being a liar cuz he lied about furthering their "intimacy" on the honeymoon & was all talk. So they're a pair of liars! 🤪

I think maybe it's too little, too late for her. And no doubt she is upset and angry, I would be too, putting yourself out there and having some expectations and ending up with a loser like him?  The show bombed and Jasmine is their victim this season.... very sad for her.

• Like 8

Something I notice about this show, there is no one I even like or care about this season.  I think it is as boring as heck when they resort to drawing questions out of a bowl, as if that is any way to maintain or build a relationship, then why don't I know of any couple who has ever done this?  Honestly I will probably continue to watch and snark on this season but I'm out after this.  

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Airris is 39?..  THIRTY NINE YEARS OLD?  I would have put him at about 25 and not in a good way.  

27 minutes ago, endure said:

OMG Airris is such a drip.... and now he acts like it's her, not him!?!

LOL yes, the body painting and mouth food sharing was so NOT sexy, how embarrassing for their total awkwardness.

18 minutes ago, endure said:

I think maybe it's too little, too late for her. And no doubt she is upset and angry, I would be too, putting yourself out there and having some expectations and ending up with a loser like him?  The show bombed and Jasmine is their victim this season.... very sad for her.

Kirsten wants a man with a house

Airris has a house.

Airris wants a woman with a large backside.

Kirsten has that.

Shaq mentors boys

Jaz mentors girls.

Shaq and Jaz are both naturally loving and nurturing.

Both Airris and Kirsten are shallow and self serving.

Does anyone else think this is the only time in MAFS history where people need to trade spouses?

The only thing that might make it weird is that Shaq and Kirsten might have been intimate by this point.

I have no idea how Gina does not find Clint adorable when he looks just like Hank.

Hank actually looks like he might be one of Duchess's babies. They both seem to be golden doodles with Hank just being a lot bigger.

I feel like nervous sensitive Chris might not be ready for Nicole's rough-around-the-edges New York City family.

My husband grew up near where Nicole is from and has that straightforward forward honest attitude that NYC natives are famous for. 

Edited to add: We all already know that Airris is into partner swapping during his many orgies (rolls eyes like Jaz).

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

So Gina goes in Clint's room because Hank's in there?! HA!!! That's funny & sad. So she wouldn't be in there if Hank wasn't then, huh? Shame!

She’s waiting to get the money for her new shop.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1

The highlight of the episode for me was when Clint said he legally changed Hank's last name to his.  Nice sense of humor which, apparently, none of the women appreciate (Dom and Kirsten both told their husbands they didn't like their humor).  As for deeper conversations, in previous episodes Clint did ask Gina questions about who she was and she barely responded more than being an entrepreneur.  Oh, and I'm so tired of Gina constantly saying "I was raised by a single mother" whenever she is explaining anything about herself (uncomfortable around men, independent, etc.). 

I think that one of Nicole's issues is that she is desperately seeking approval from her father.  The way she looked at him when he was talking to Chris about her childhood and 'attitude' and then eventually said he was proud of her, said it all.  So, I think her relationship status with her father has really affected her. Her father even stated that she had to stay on the couch when she went to his house, so she may not have really even felt wanted by him (why wouldn't they have a bed in her half-sister's room?).  That scene seemed really important (and, goats! Although I agree about why would one want to do yoga with goats running [pooping?] around?).

• Like 6
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Airris has a house.

Kirsten has that.

Shaq mentors boys

Jaz mentors girls.

Does anyone else think this is the only time in MAFS history where people need to trade spouses?

The only thing that might make it weird is that Shaq and Kirsten might have been intimate by this point.

I have no idea how Gina does not find Clint adorable when he looks just like Hank.

Hank actually looks like he might be one of Duchess's babies. They both seem to be golden doodles with Hank just being a lot bigger.

I feel like nervous sensitive Chris might not be ready for Nicole's rough-around-the-edges New York City family.

My husband grew up near where Nicole is from and has that straightforward forward honest attitude that NYC natives are famous for. 

Edited to add: We all already know that Airris is into partner swapping during his many orgies (rolls eyes like Jaz).

Most say Nicole and Gina are a little “thick”.  What about Kirsten?  She’s slightly thick from the waist down.  Is her ass real?

41 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does Clint have money?  I’ve always wondered about that?

He should.  He’s 40 yrs old with a good job.  Wonder how much they get for being on the show.  If, they stay.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Yeah, the previews for next week where Kirsten just drops it on Shaq that he WILL be buying her a house. NOW. I don't think that is going to happen, Missy. He has a plan for paying off his loans and being responsible. And she made zero indication that she would even contribute to this purchase. Just that HE will buy HER a house.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Airris has a house.

Kirsten has that.

Shaq mentors boys

Jaz mentors girls.

I don't think she's shallow, just not able to express her feelings and she's matched with the wrong guy to know how to handle her.  I think her breaking down on the afterparty a few weeks ago showed her frustration with this whole process.  Maybe she actually expected the "experts" to be able to help her find herself.  Ha, like they would do that.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I don't think she's shallow, just not able to express her feelings and she's matched with the wrong guy to know how to handle her.  I think her breaking down on the afterparty a few weeks ago showed her frustration with this whole process.  Maybe she actually expected the "experts" to be able to help her find herself.  Ha, like they would do that.

I did not know she broke down at After Party.

It seems to me that she actually might be warming up to Shaq and he might actually not be that into her, anymore, if he ever was in the first place.

I imagine 4/5 the couples are just waiting out the time to fulfill their contracts and get paid.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Most say Nicole and Gina are a little “thick”.  What about Kirsten?  She’s slightly thick from the waist down.  Is her ass real?

My guess is that it is real because she seems to have thick thighs that often go along with a large backside.

Usually, you can tell because you see skinny or slender legs and then a bowling ball sizes butt.

Of course, some women are naturally built slim with a large backside, just like there are some slender women with large breasts, so it does happen but not often.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Yeah, the previews for next week where Kirsten just drops it on Shaq that he WILL be buying her a house. NOW. I don't think that is going to happen, Missy. He has a plan for paying off his loans and being responsible. And she made zero indication that she would even contribute to this purchase. Just that HE will buy HER a house.

Kirsten thinks she’s the cats meow, and she’s not.  I always thought she was immature and only goes by her looks, which aren’t that great to begin with.  Shaq is too nice for her.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

He should.  He’s 40 yrs old with a good job.  Wonder how much they get for being on the show.  If, they stay.

Sailboats are money pits though. I would guess that he and Gina are pretty evenly matched as they both live in the same apartment building (though I guess one of them could have a much. more expensive unit). I think he has a decent income but an expensive hobby, plus he likes to travel. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have large savings.

Nicole should never wear a tank top.  Really emphasizes her broad shoulders in relation to her small head.  They don't match up. 

Why not? Maybe sometimes she dresses for comfort and not style. She seems really comfortable with her body and I admire that. 

I think that Hank is a goldendoodle and Duchess is a mini-doodle. Same mixed breed but mini-doodles are smaller. They are both adorable. I like them better than any of the people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I didn’t understand Clint’s analogy that going deeper with Gina was “getting to the crust” when the crust is the outside. His gums are always flapping but his words are often nonsensical. He is a terrible listener and comes across like a used car salesman. His pontification is tiresome. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does Clint have money?  I’ve always wondered about that?

Also,  any idea what Clint does for a living or is he a pro sailboat racer?        

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, endure said:

Also,  any idea what Clint does for a living or is he a pro sailboat racer?        

For some reason, I thought he had some sort of IT job. That's pretty vague and all encompassing though. My sense was that it provided a decent income within regular business hours so he could comfortably pursue his non-work interests.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

For some reason, I thought he had some sort of IT job. That's pretty vague and all encompassing though. My sense was that it provided a decent income within regular business hours so he could comfortably pursue his non-work interests.

I looked it up and read he is something like an an accounts manager, but like you said, it's vague

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/23/2023 at 11:25 AM, Lindz said:

So Gina goes in Clint's room because Hank's in there?! HA!!! That's funny & sad. So she wouldn't be in there if Hank wasn't then, huh? Shame!

She also had a picture of Hank on her nightstand. C'mon, girl. I love my dog more than life itself but a framed pic of him on my nightstand? Then Hank cozies up to Clint because he loves him! 

Clint and Shaq are still my faves. The only ones with any personality. The rest are soooo boring. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She also had a picture of Hank on her nightstand. C'mon, girl. I love my dog more than life itself but a framed pic of him on my nightstand? Then Hank cozies up to Clint because he loves him! 

Clint and Shaq are still my faves. The only ones with any personality. The rest are soooo boring. 

Hank might be the only male that Gina ever loved.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 2

Even if Gina initially liked Clint, I think the fact that Hank seems to like Clint more than Gina would have ended any feelings she had for him.  She doesn't seem like someone who will allow her dog to like someone more than her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She seems really comfortable with her body and I admire that. 

I recall Nicole saying in a previous episode that she knows she needs to work on her body, or something along those lines, which made me think there are things about it she would like to be different.  But maybe being comfortable with one's body includes that?  I gotta admit I don't understand it.  I'm female and don't color my hair and never wear makeup.  If someone said something about it, it wouldn't affect me at all; I think I look fine and if someone disagrees, they're wrong.  Their problem, not mine.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Clint is an Account Executive at a large tech company.  I won’t name it, but it’s out there. 
He definitely makes good money, and he’s been there a few years.  

I have to use his software  every day, and I despise it.  The most non user-friendly of its type, and I’m a trained specialist in it.  Hate it. 

But, his job is a good one, and since he likely works from home, it affords him the time and money to pursue his hobbies. 

He does seem like a good guy, but they are not a match.  They seem to be handling this well, although I bet production coerced Gina to stay in the apartment to fulfill the series.  It is pretty funny that she has to keep a picture of her dog to even see him, as even the dog prefers Clint. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I recall Nicole saying in a previous episode that she knows she needs to work on her body, or something along those lines, which made me think there are things about it she would like to be different.  But maybe being comfortable with one's body includes that?  I gotta admit I don't understand it.  I'm female and don't color my hair and never wear makeup.  If someone said something about it, it wouldn't affect me at all; I think I look fine and if someone disagrees, they're wrong.  Their problem, not mine.

Chris said that he thinks Nicole is attractive but he usually dates thinner women.

I will bet a zillion dollars (that I don't have) that Nicole will start losing weight just on that statement alone.

She seems obsessed with pleasing him no matter what.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She appears very fit and works out so she probably knows where her body needs 'work'.... and agree it could be mental work too.  I'm not sure she can do anything about her actual body type and she is probably very aware of that. His comment regarding her thickness was ridiculous and instead he should have said something like... he really admires how she is in great physical shape and works hard at it. I think just about every woman has 'some' body dissatisfaction, guys too. I totally agree with you we make our choices, it's often other people that take issue with it.  I think it's unfair that her body traits have even become a topic.  But maybe she's not there yet, she was def very critical about how her make-up looked at the wedding.... so she is possibly very image conscious.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2023 at 9:09 PM, Straycat80 said:

Is no one watch this? I just tuned in (because Survivor is better) and it’s as boring as last week. 

I'm going to read the boards v. watching until the reunion ep.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I'm going to read the boards v. watching until the reunion ep.

I am lucky that I live on the west coast, so the comments have already been written before it is even on here, so most of the time, that's all I do. Last week, I think there were 2 comments, which also tells me all I need to know.

• Like 2