Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

3 hours?  We need to set you up with a gofundme fund for gas money or motel rooms, because just thinking about that commute nearly kills me!

I would definitely get a room cause at my age I drive as little as possible especially at night! I appreciate the go fund me thing, but I'm good on funds. I always keep a reserve to do fun things when I want to!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I would definitely get a room cause at my age I drive as little as possible especially at night! I appreciate the go fund me thing, but I'm good on funds. I always keep a reserve to do fun things when I want to!

Oh, now you're just asking to be murdered for your fun money!!!   :-D

My 2005 vehicle has 33,000 miles, and I bought it in '06 with 19,000 on the odom.  I don't drive in the dark, and I don't drive too far.  Lucky for me - everything I need is within a mile& a half of my home. 

• Love 1

Can someone tell me what the name of last night's episode was? Nothing recorded on my PVR and the Dateline website doesn't show an episode airing last night. There is one for Saturday night (which also didn't tape -grrrr) - called The Informant but it doesn't seem to be the one being discussed in the last few posts? 

1 minute ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Can someone tell me what the name of last night's episode was? Nothing recorded on my PVR and the Dateline website doesn't show an episode airing last night. There is one for Saturday night (which also didn't tape -grrrr) - called The Informant but it doesn't seem to be the one being discussed in the last few posts? 

It was called Under the Prairie Sky.

• Love 1
(edited)

Are we talking about Cody?  I noticed in his FU interview with host Josh M. that part of it was shaved off on just one side!  Added to his douchebagginess.

P.S.  I started to think it really was Cody who killed Nicole when Josh questioned the daughter and the way she answered how great a guy Cody was, or something like that, was like yes, sure, that's what I thought (at the time).  It was subtle, but it was there.

Edited by CelticBlackCat
  • Love 1

I totally thought he was guilty too but I don't know if I could have voted that way had I been on the jury. The story he gave about arriving at the house to find her gone and moving her car out of pettiness made sense to me. I know people who would do things like that and I believed he would be just that vindictive and mean after he cut off her phone and padlocked her out of her own house. That might have been enough reasonable doubt for me - depending on what else the jury heard, of course.

10 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I totally thought he was guilty too but I don't know if I could have voted that way had I been on the jury. The story he gave about arriving at the house to find her gone and moving her car out of pettiness made sense to me. I know people who would do things like that and I believed he would be just that vindictive and mean after he cut off her phone and padlocked her out of her own house. That might have been enough reasonable doubt for me - depending on what else the jury heard, of course.

Had she showed up a few days later, yes. But given he asked for a barrel, and asked his friends to post as her on her Facebook page.... there's no doubt he did it. No one else had an agenda against Nicole except Amber.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Had she showed up a few days later, yes. But given he asked for a barrel, and asked his friends to post as her on her Facebook page.... there's no doubt he did it. No one else had an agenda against Nicole except Amber.

Exactly.   Why post on someone's FB page other than to make it look like that person was alive?   

Moving the car as a joke, don't buy it.  

When add up all the little things, it points to the boyfriend.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

No one else had an agenda against Nicole except Amber.

I wanted more info on why the police could exclude her from being involved at all.  I mean, if this guy asked 3 dudes to post on FB and another dude to help with the car moving, why wouldn't he have asked her to do something?  They could have found time in the show to discuss her more by excluding the number of times they mentioned how stabby that one town was (so much so that the FBI guy ended up acting as the town's PR guy saying that it really wasn't that dangerous).  I thought she came off as shifty in the interview.

• Love 4

Unless she had some airtight alibi, I have to believe there was a good possibility Amber was involved.  

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

I think Amber was involved somehow, or knew about what was going down, but he didn't implicate her so there would be someone to care for their son.

And that may be the only reason she was not charged, too.

All those details (car being moved as a "joke," Facebook entry, need for a barrel with a lid, stopping her phone, padlocking the house, etc.) convinced me Cody was guilty.  Plus, in spite of his claims that he was an easy-going, good -natured guy...everything he did screamed angry, vindictive jerk.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/6/2017 at 6:21 PM, auntjess said:

I thought I was one of the few people who held this heretical view. 
If the Palace had let Charles marry Camilla when they were young, all of this drama could have been avoided, and maybe he wouldn't have ended up believing in all that odd quackery, and being such an odd person.

I can't stand her. The Sainted Diana, who rode her daddy's name to the palace, then wondered why Charles still loved the woman his own age whom he had always loved. She could have refused the marriage, but didn't. Then, the way the press treated Camilla, while praising Diana for popping out a couple of kids. So gross. 

And I don't really have a lot of respect for charity work from people like her. First of all, charity isn't justice. It takes a bit of the edge off, but leaves people in the same horrible predicament. It's the least a rich, pampered person living off the taxpayers can do. 

I  feel sorry for the daughter, but she came across as completely cold and without emotion

I couldn't stand Jordynn. Her statement that she didn't remember a thing about the day with her grandmother, but she remembers what happened later to alibi Dave? Bullshit. She's another one of those kids who protects the man who murdered their own mother. I have found that men get far more support from their kids when killing mom than women do when killing dad. I hate it. 

It sounded like Dave and the boyfriend did their own partying, so the shit-talking about Linda just infuriated me. As a Tucsonan, I say Dave is where he belongs.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, LGGirl said:

Moving the car as a joke, don't buy it.  

The overall concept of moving a car as a joke, I do understand, but that's normally something that's done in cities or populated areas.  Screwing around with someone by moving his/her car to a different space in a parking lot or further down the street (or to the next street over) from his/her apartment.  That I get.  However, moving it to a space along a desolate highway in Montana?  Nah, something's hinky there.  You're wearing gloves when your buddy pulls up, and you're looking for a barrel?

I agree that Amber's also likely involved, and I'm wondering if she could have done it or played a bigger role than just knowing or helping after the fact.  In any case, Cody is also guilty.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, GussieK said:

I just want to say something really important. That fugly fireman's mustache is a popular style among firefighters all over, for some reason. His friend had one too. It's so 1890s throwback. Yech. 

Yup.  I see it prominently on all of our friends right now.  It's horrendous.  Thankfully my husband does not have any desire to have one.

• Love 4
On 5/20/2017 at 7:18 PM, CelticBlackCat said:

Good point about the second wife.  Self-preservation vs. the true road to justice.  She let the coverup go just to save her happy little new marriage and then went on to legally adopt Jordynne.  The sudden change of heart was probably a result of panic:  What if he gets off the second time around?

I agree with the ridiculous mustache!  He should have grown a beard or goatee to hide that fugly chin of his!

Yes!!! His chin bothered me the entire time. 

• Love 6

Did anyone watch The Charleston Affair Friday night? I missed the end. Was the blond woman the husband's girlfriend, and did she hire the killer? The hit packet was in the husband's writing, so I "assume" so. Did Aaron get off or do any time after he confessed he was going to do the hit? What happened to the mean friend, the one who paid Aaron but Aaron was afraid of? Did anything happen to the husband (if he was guilty). Thanks anyone!

The blond was the husband's girlfriend and neither of them will admit anything. I think Aaron got four years ( he had other charges too) and the women he was supposed to kill met him and said she forgave him. She and her daughters changed their last names and of course have nothing to do wth the ex. He got ten years and the blond got fifteen. The mean friend hung himself in jail. Guess it was all over money like usual with these guys.

Aaron and Nancy met in his prison and hugged.  It seems like she really appreciates that his confessing to a hit that hadn't taken place yet literally saved her life.  I hope she's keeping his prison account full.  He's in for four years but I don't know if there's any possibility of early release, parole.

At the end the blonde woman restated in the interview while in prison that she's sure her lover is going to wait for her to get out and they will take up where they left off.  She has nothing but good things to say about him and what a good person he is.  Cringeworthy.  They asked the husband the same thing in interview and he said he wasn't sure about his future after prison!  

• Love 2

Thanks Celtic and Madding. Wow, good on Aaron for coming clean. Surprised the mean friend hung himself -- wasn't the husband's blond girlfriend the mean guy's ex? If so, wow, small world. I'm glad to hear all guilty parties ended up in jail. I was trying to pay attention to clothes/background during their talking heads so I would know if they were in prison or not! I cannot imagine myself in the targeted wife's position, or the two girls. How do you ever recover from your ex/dad putting a hit on you/your mom.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why exactly was Aaron put into prison?  He came forward, wire tapped his phone and, I believe, gave up the gun.  So what warranted 4 years????

I just love how people think invoking the name of Jesus will wrap them in a cloak of immunity, no matter how heinous the crime.  He was a man of God!  Yeah, but he was cheating on his wife.  She was a follower of Jesus! But she organized a hit.  I think Jesus is getting pissed off people are using his name that way.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Crankybroad said:

I spent an inordinate amount of time during this Charleston banker episode worrying about Aaron's cute dog. I was happy to see it in a crate in the corner while they questioned the wife. 

I was concerned too.  Every time they showed the pup's pic, I said, Oh, poor Rusty!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

My DVR usually automatically records any new Dateline episodes. I didn't see this one about the Charleston banker. Was it a rerun?

Yes. It was a rerun.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

My DVR usually automatically records any new Dateline episodes. I didn't see this one about the Charleston banker. Was it a rerun?

It showed up as new on my dvr, but it wasn't.

• Love 1

Just watched the episode called "The Intruder" - husband (Greg Owens) attempts to kill 3 people, including his wife, to be with his girlfriend.  

I hated that guy, playing the upset husband while being the shooter.  I will never understand why these dudes won't just divorce the woman.  Just walk away!

• Love 8

Is there any more NE of an alibi than a late night trip to Dunkin Donuts? 

I am glad that this was only an hour because it was so obvious that he was guilty.

Betsy, the mistress, looked like a less attractive Chris Everett.

• Love 7

About "The Intruder"...they said several times that the husband claimed (to the cops, to the mistress) that his wife had some sort of early onset dementia prior to her being shot.  She sure seemed fine on the show and she testified in court, where there could have been a swearability issue if she was really that far gone that she was super forgetful months prior to testifying.  I'm not saying that the 10 minutes or so we saw of her are definitive, but since she seemed okay (had good recall of the trial, had a good sense of humor, etc.), did the husband put this dementia story out to the cops and the mistress to discredit his wife if he were caught?  It seemed to me that it was highly likely he was out there talking shit about his wife to undermine her credibility, but the show never really addressed it directly.

• Love 14

I wondered about that too-she seemed fine when she was talking at the end and nothing further was mentioned about the dementia. Since this piece of crap husband was already talking about divorce why didn't he just do it? I think it's always about losing even a dime of their money.

• Love 7

It's amazing how some people think they can live with blood on their hands instead of just divorcing or leaving and get on with life.  Destroying someone else's life just for their money, convenience, etc.  I think the husband wanted his double life and trashed his wife's cognitive function with the dementia story to garner sympathy and understanding with the mistress.

• Love 4

I heard that Greg Owen had a military background but I guess I zoned out on whether he was still active during his trysts.  I know that he strung the GF along with stories about overseas assignment to explain his absences, but were any of them real or was he using that as a convenient way to split his time between the mistress and the wife?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Is there any more NE of an alibi than a late night trip to Dunkin Donuts? 

I tried urban dictionary and google, and no NE definition seems to fit.  Please explain.  Thanks.

• Love 6

I really liked the (now ex) wife at the end when she was all "Yes!" with her fist in the air when her (now ex) husband was sentenced to prison. After all these Datelines where the kids defend killer dad, it was refreshing for this victim to have come to grips with her husband trying to murder her. My question was, did the husband work at all? If he spent five years with the mistress while telling wife he was on assignment, and five years with the wife while telling mistress he was on assignment, when/where did he work to get money? All these Datelines are so depressing, the lessons seem to be all men are liars, cheaters and potential murderers. Depressing.

• Love 4

You know the wife and mistress in this case have rights to be upset, but if I was the couple that also got shot by Greg Owens, I would be the most pissed off people in America!  Did he even know them or were they only friends with the wife - I don't remember.  I don't even know what's worse - if he DID or DIDN'T know them.

Dude wants to set it up to look like a random home invasion and blasts two innocent people just to make his crime "look good". Who knows if his intent was to wound or kill those folks, but that man deserves a kick in the nuts with steel-toed boots from that couple for involving them in his philandering bullshit.

*I'm curious what "NE" means too.

• Love 12

I believe biakbiak was referring to New England... around these parts we have a Dunkin' Donuts (Dunks to us locals) on just about every corner in every town.  In my city, there are 11 of 'em within a 3 mile radius of my house.  If you tell a cop or a lawyer around here that you were at Dunks near the time of the crime, they'd easily believe it...practically everyone in New England hits a Dunkin Donuts at least once or twice a day!

Gregg was a class A asshole.  Another self centered sociopath who thinks murder is a better answer than divorce. Probably because he didn't want to tarnish his soldier boy reputation.  He didn't want to look bad for divorcing his wife and breaking up his family to take up with a new GF.  "Hmmm...do I want to just pay the lawyer and split the assets and deal with a few dirty looks from my wife's friends and family so I can move on with my new love? Orrrrr....do I put on a half-assed costume, drive an hour away to my friends' house with my very specific bullets and storm in, guns a-blazing, and kill my wife and good friends so I can move on with my new love? Yup, I know what I gotta do...now where did I put my Rastafarian hat from last Halloween?"

• Love 17
(edited)

What a slimy asshole that Gregg was. I knew he was trash when I seen the picture of him and his girlfriend with their big game rifles. The one picture looked like they were on an African excursion, probably big game hunting. Assholes.

Rachel is such a strong and beautiful woman. I loved that her son was right by her side, and while obviously hurt, didn't try to defend his father. 

Did they give any more information about the highway cameras that never captured his car that morning? Is there maybe an alternative route he could have taken to avoid cameras? 

Edited by LunaMia
Name clarification
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, patty1h said:

You know the wife and mistress in this case have rights to be upset, but if I was the couple that also got shot by Greg Owens, I would be the most pissed off people in America!  Did he even know them or were they only friends with the wife - I don't remember.  I don't even know what's worse - if he DID or DIDN'T know them.

Dude wants to set it up to look like a random home invasion and blasts two innocent people just to make his crime "look good". Who knows if his intent was to wound or kill those folks, but that man deserves a kick in the nuts with steel-toed boots from that couple for involving them in his philandering bullshit.

*I'm curious what "NE" means too.

He must have known them as his defense lawyer's reason for Greg's DNA being in their garage was that he had been at a party in their garage previously. 

I didn't have a lot of sympathy for the girlfriend. Five years with a married man? So much for championing women's rights. Ugh. Also I hate men that hunt big game (or any game for that matter), women even more. And she lied to the police and said they were just friends? Thank goodness for the policeman friend who contacted the NE police. She did the right thing in the end, but I think Rachel was too kind to her. 

Loved, loved, loved Rachel. What an amazing woman. 

I have to admit I was a bit confused at the start of the show as the blurb on the PVR said a woman had been murdered, so when the homeowner called police and said he thought his wife was dead (he seemed very matter of fact about it) and her friend as well I thought he was the shooter covering himself. Turns out the blurb was wrong and no one died. But ya, poor guy and his wife - Greg sends his wife to visit them, knowing he is going to use the visit as a way to kill her. And them to bolster the intruder theory. Just when I think I have seen it all on these shows, I am reminded that I have not.....

• Love 8
6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't have a lot of sympathy for the girlfriend. Five years with a married man? So much for championing women's rights. Ugh

Yes.  I missed the episode so I went to the site for deleted scenes, there's one of Greg lying and bragging to the police, none at all of Rachel, and a long self-aggrandizing one of Betsy talking to Andrea about empowering women to defend themselves. I wanted Andrea to ask her if she had any karate tricks  to help women defend themselves against lying mistresses who enable cheaters.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes.  I missed the episode so I went to the site for deleted scenes, there's one of Greg lying and bragging to the police, none at all of Rachel, and a long self-aggrandizing one of Betsy talking to Andrea about empowering women to defend themselves. I wanted Andrea to ask her if she had any karate tricks  to help women defend themselves against lying mistresses who enable cheaters.

My girlfriend and I were seething at Betsy. How are you going to put yourself out there as a warrior princess or whatever when you are a complete doormat for your man?

First of all, I would never trust someone who told me they were in the CIA or Navy Seals, or Special Forces, or any type of position that requires secrecy and discretion. I also don't trust people who go on and on about their military service record. It's almost always BS, and I say that as an Iraq War veteran. 

Then she catches him lying about his location when he's supposedly rescuing contractors in Afghanistan but really just chilling with his wife in the states and continues to deal with him? Even if you give her a pass on that, she admits to knowing he was married. Now, I'm not one to blame the other woman when they don't know, but she freaking knew. Warrior princess my foot!

We have an ongoing case that's sure to put Tucson back on Dateline soon. Here's a link to what's happening:

http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/stepfather-facing-murder-charges-in-death-of--year-old/article_37bb9b42-465f-11e7-b08c-b7a8634b7c9c.html

I look forward to seeing their take on it and also finding out more information about what happened. This was all over the local news here this week.

• Love 8

Not to defend Warrior Princess, but Killer Husband told her his wife was failing with Alzheimer's and he was overseeing her care before she had to go into a hospice facility. Killer told her everything she needed to hear and did everything in his power to make her feel special, that's how he got into and stayed in her life. Some men know exactly how to manipulate a woman. As one who has been "used," (although not by a married man) I can see WP's side. But how did those two get together in the first place? I missed hearing how they met, if that was ever revealed. A sad side note to this story is I doubt WP or Rachel will ever trust any man again. And teebax, I thought when WP got the butt dial from Killer, she busted him and broke it off. And THAT'S when he set Rachel up to die.

• Love 2
(edited)

Where I fault Warrior Princess is in her decision to date a man who she knew was not legally divorced. By choosing to invest five years with a man who was not legally single, she was setting herself up for future problems. A man who is still entangled with another woman, regardless of his stated reasons for such entanglement (in this case- claiming his wife had health problems) is not a wise choice if you are looking for a serious relationship. For a fling, sure, but not when you are investing your heart and seeking a future commitment with said man.

Sometimes people don't think about these sorts of details, though, until its causing THEM a problem.

I also wish Dateline had clarified if he was actually working during all those years he was telling both women he was on missions.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, LunaMia said:

What a slimy asshole that Gregg was. I knew he was trash when I seen the picture of him and his girlfriend with their big game rifles. The one picture looked like they were on an African excursion, probably big game hunting. Assholes.

Rachel is such a strong and beautiful woman. I loved that her son was right by her side, and while obviously hurt, didn't try to defend his father. 

Did they give any more information about the highway cameras that never captured his car that morning? Is there maybe an alternative route he could have taken to avoid cameras? 

Bolded:  This!  I "Liked" your post before reading the rest, and I still agree with the rest.

• Love 4

I did not feel sympathy for Warrior Princess either, both for the Safari that was obviously equipped with rifle and not just a sight-seeing safari, but for staying with this guy for five years while his wife is supposedly dying on her way to a hospice bed.

• Love 11