Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

No one mentions the former ballerina harpy?  She so got on my nerves with that loud, dramatic, screechy voice.  She must be married to a prince of a man, since looks and wealth are are her primary concerns in a man.

Man, good Lord what was her issue with Bob?  HE made HER feel like he was looking down on her?  This creature is one of the most pretentious acting people I've ever seen on this show. I'm sophisticated, I'm well-travelled, I'm cultured.   Blah blah blah.  Get off your high horse.  You're no better than anyone else in that Podunk, Texas town. Get over yourself. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, ari333 said:

Just bc someone's drink can and or ciggy is lying around somewhere doesn't necessarily mean that person was there. Plus, if you're a murderer you take your drink can with you or don't bring it at all in the first place right?  

Also interesting that current science cant tell how long a blood sample (DNA) has been somewhere. They do amazing things. MAybe some day they can date a blood sample. An ex hubby who did some chores and fixing things around the house COULD have a little drop of his blood here or there. It happens. I'm just torn and unsure about Bob. Such an odd bunch.

Wow,that poet dude was totally smittenkitten.... and denying it 'til the cows came home.  

He really stunk up the episode with his poetry and singing.  Kind of reminds of the woman who danced with a chair while in ballet clothes, when the story was about her friend being killed.  So odd.  Some people think being tangentially connected to a murdered person is their chance for the spotlight. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

No one mentions the former ballerina harpy?  She so got on my nerves with that loud, dramatic, screechy voice.  She must be married to a prince of a man, since looks and wealth are are her primary concerns in a man.

Man, good Lord what was her issue with Bob?  HE made HER feel like he was looking down on her?  This creature is one of the most pretentious acting people I've ever seen on this show. I'm sophisticated, I'm well-travelled, I'm cultured.   Blah blah blah.  Get off your high horse.  You're no better than anyone else in that Podunk, Texas town. Get over yourself. 

Yes.

She reminded me of a Gloria Vanderbilt wannabe.  Hair plastered back with the jammy lipstick.  

And by the way, she was a premiere ballerina on the New York stage.   Jeepers.

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

Yes.

She reminded me of a Gloria Vanderbilt wannabe.  Hair plastered back with the jammy lipstick.  

And by the way, she was a premiere ballerina on the New York stage.   Jeepers.

She acts like it.  She settled in this little town to be the queen bee because she actually lived outside Texas.   Big whoop.  I bet she was a bit of a grifter herself in her prime. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

One of the oddest comments was the son asking "Is she in one piece?" when informed of his mother's demise.  WTF?!?

That comment gave me the chilly willies. WHO SAYS THAT?

• Love 6

Y'all have covered most of my reaction to this episode!  What a cast of weirdos.  I'm not 100% sold on Bob being the perp.  I think it's a bit too convenient to just toss out the DNA on the cigarette & Red Bull can, but I have seen an episode of Aphrodite Jones' show where a guy was convicted on his prints on a beer bottle being at the scene, when the bottle was actually planted and he had nothing to do with it.  http://crimefeed.com/2015/02/inspiring-yet-twisted-case-tyrone-hood-guilty-proven-innocent      However, the Taco Bell wrapper should have been tested and food accounted for, since they had Anna on tape going to Taco Bell right before her death and her stomach contents didn't show the food. 

I'm convinced the neighbor guy was monitoring Anna's coming and goings because he thought he lived in a 80s Russian spy novel.  Someone should have checked his DVR for episodes of The Americans.

Oh, that former ballerina woman...she is for whom the mute button was designed.  But speaking of women, it is weird to me that the cops didn't appear to look into any potential women suspects.  If Anna was dating around, it is possible that a scorned woman had it out for her.  Like that creepy poet guy's wife....where was she?  I'm not saying she did it, but at least look that way.  Or the current BF's ex, or maybe a work rival.  I know statistically that men are more likely to be murderers, but that's no reason not to investigate women.  Where was Pam Hupp? LOL!

Oh, and this is a coincidence: CBS is reairing the 48 Hours of the murdered ADA and DA in Texas tonight.  The special prosecutor in that case was the defense attorney in this case and I think there's a Texas Ranger that overlaps both eps as well.

• Love 13

It's not often that I dislike everyone on an episode, but on this one, it seemed like everyone was more interested in telling Dateline about themselves than the murder victim. The episode didn't really seem about her at all, making me wonder if I would dislike her like I do everyone else on the episode, if they had bothered to speak more about her than themselves. She seemed to only let her friends know what she wanted them to know. Not that there is something wrong with keeping things to yourself, but with close friends, you typically share a lot more than she did with these two. They didn't seem to know much about her. 

There really wasn't a way to tell this story without acknowledging and addressing that she was dating and receiving money from more than one man. I didn't think she was slutty, or that the show was suggesting she was slutty, but did think she was a bit of a con, and the show was going out of their way to not broadcast it. 

It would have been nice to have seen more of what was presented at trial, especially since there wasn't a juror interview. With the info I have, I don't think I could have convicted him. 

ETA: Forgot to mention the son. My son is on the autism spectrum and I fear that something will happen that would require law enforcement to have to question him, because he will come across as odd, just like the son in this story. There is a bit of a disconnect from his emotions, and it take a bit of a thought process before reaction. The son in this story was told his mom had died, and the way he asked how she died was that odd question that I can't remember. The same thing with the comment about having class. When my aunt was told her son was in a car accident and she needed to go to the hospital, she responded that she had something in the oven. Her kids still tease her about it, and she still gets mad at herself about it, but it's just a shock/stress response to hearing terrible news. 

Edited by Christina
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Agree about the harpy.  This really did not need 2 hours.

Just don't like Josh M. not sure of spelling, I don't like his voice or his approach to the story.  Also sitting next to the  detectives with his very expensive suit, he looked like a dandy.  He just annoys.

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 3

Aside from his weird reaction, the one thing about the son that bugged me wasn't so much him but the other folks...the way they pronounced his name.  A couple of people said it "EEgore" (like usual) but JM and others pronounced it as if it were "eager", which just is bizarre to my ear.  If you're going for an alternate pronunciation of Igor, everyone knows it's "EYEgore". Hahaha!

• Love 10

Too many questions in my mind to convince me that Bob is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

• the taco ... who ate it?
  • the extra shell casings in the garage ... where did the bullets end up?
  • the nosy neighbor ... does he know more than he said?
  • anna's car ... why was it taken?  And abandoned a couple blocks away.

hope that the jury's decision is reversed on appeal.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

He really stunk up the episode with his poetry and singing.  Kind of reminds of the woman who danced with a chair while in ballet clothes, when the story was about her friend being killed.  So odd.  Some people think being tangentially connected to a murdered person is their chance for the spotlight. 

Tell me about it.  I was embarrassed for him because he didn't have the sense to be embarrassed himself.  And the cranky part of me suspects that the producers also agree that his "poetry and song" stinks and that's why they let him sing as long as he did. 

And the goofball dancing with the chair....was that the episode of the lady who was found face down in a river in Colorado?  If not, we could add them to this elite group.  They did a local Dancing with the Stars and they really thought they were hot stuff.  They had a Dancing with the Local Stars here - sure, "stars", people on the town council.  Again, I was embarrassed for them - clomping around like a team of Clydesdales. 

People.

4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Aside from his weird reaction, the one thing about the son that bugged me wasn't so much him but the other folks...the way they pronounced his name.  A couple of people said it "EEgore" (like usual) but JM and others pronounced it as if it were "eager", which just is bizarre to my ear.  If you're going for an alternate pronunciation of Igor, everyone knows it's "EYEgore". Hahaha!

When he was testifying he said his name as "eager" as did his father.

My favorite part was the Indian "friend", quotes because she didn't appear to know anything about her, randomly bring filmed reading the Bhagavad Gita.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

My favorite part was the Indian "friend", quotes because she didn't appear to know anything about her, randomly bring filmed reading the Bhagavad Gita.

She did seem quite surprised at several of the revelations.  And Dennis Murphy seemed more than happy to spring them on her too.

Everyone here has pretty much crystallized my thoughts on this episode.  The Taco Bell thing bugged me so much.  The wrappers that the defense attorney was holding during the trial, were those the actual wrappers or just for show?  If they did have access to the actual wrappers, did the defense have them tested since the prosecution couldn't be bothered?  What were the results?

And I just found it odd that Anna was eating Taco Bell.  In my totally limited experience, people I know who have come to this country as adults usually still eat a lot of their country of origin's food and don't do a lot of fast food.  Was she picking up the Taco Bell for someone?  But there is no basis in fact to any of my musings, so take that for what it's worth.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2016 at 2:16 PM, ari333 said:

And Lance wanted to get in the house to GET A JERSEY? Oh please god give me a break. ANd he didn't know that Derrick wasn't home? Most folks would call and people have cell phones, so he'd know Derrick was at work 24 hour shift. oh please....

Lance's story was one of the most unbelievable tales I've heard. The fact that someone "used the floor for an ashtray" (quoting from the show) tells me his motive right there. The wife kicked him out for continuing to smoke in the house in spite of their telling him not to.That tells me what his attitude is....they're rich, he's not, poor Lance. 

I always wonder if in the dead of night these people are kicking themselves for ruining their lives for a momentary sense of satisfaction. 

While I missed a lot of the dead-ex-wife-of-Bob episode, is there any reason he couldn't have taken her credit card (which was missing, right?) and driving himself in her car to Taco Bell to buy an after-the-murder quesadilla? The thing with Dateline is, it can make you think a person is innocent before the commercial, then guilty as all heck after the commercial. It's however they want you to end up thinking ... presumably, like the show producers I guess.

• Love 1

I always wonder when someone is convicted with seemingly little evidence if they jury was presented with facts that we were not given. As it stands with what the viewers were told, there is no way I could have convicted Bob. Too many unanswered questions with the fast food, no gun, missing credit card, red bull can and cigarette in the car. I can't remember - was the cig tested as well for DNA? Was it the same profile as the red bull can DNA? And why would Bob take a credit card? Why not take the cash too if you want it to look like robbery? As for the question above, I think it was a pretty tight timeline between when Anna was seen leaving the university, and when the car went through the Taco Bell drive through, which is why they knew it was her driving.

As others have said, I don't see what Anna'a allure was. OTOH most of these men likely felt special to be given attention by her which of course is why she was giving them attention. She certainly appeared to be a 'user', and I am amazed that the old prof kept giving her money. I have little respect for Anna that she was using a married man like this. Yes, it was his choice but I still think it was slutty of her. I wonder why they could not trace the source of the rest of the money.

I was falling asleep though parts of the start of the show and was wondering why the friend who was OTT in her interview was wearing clown makeup. Then I heard the part after that she is a former ballerina. Then it all made sense. Apparently she still thinks she is on the stage and needs the type of makeup I would assume she wore when performing. I did get a laugh when she was talking about how she was friends with the movers and shakers of New York. I am not a fan of Josh M. but the look on his face was priceless.

• Love 7
On 12/10/2016 at 4:37 PM, RedheadZombie said:

No one mentions the former ballerina harpy?  She so got on my nerves with that loud, dramatic, screechy voice.  

I thought she was like a living breathing Facebook post, one with random ALL CAPS and many !!!!!!.  

• Love 6

I think it was probably pretty easy to make Bob look guilty at trial, but then again it probably would have been just as easy to make other people look guilty at trial. I think if the jurors had had the benefit of watching this show before deliberating and hearing from all the other weirdos they might not have been so sure of his guilt. 

I wondered if it was the editing, but the show had a kind of a slutty disparaging air to it . If a man is single and dates a few women, no one blinks. 

It's not that she dated a lot of men, it's that they were giving her money. Over $50K from that one older professor guy alone. That's a lot. It's not so much that she looks "slutty," whatever that mean, it's that it looks like she's pulling a con. And I definitely got the impression she only married Bob to get her green card and get her kid into the US. She divorced him the minute the kid graduated from high school.

If you really want to make your Friday Night Mysteries true mysteries, you need to find a better way to disguise the fact that the person you're interviewing is, in fact, incarcerated.

Or - do fewer stories where the husband did it. Because the husband always did it.

• Love 8
On 12/10/2016 at 1:37 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I came to this thread specifically to see if anyone else wanted to punch her face. What a diva!!

i imagine Bob was convicted due to his blood and hers in the car. I dunno that I agree. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4

I agree with Igor that Bob  might have had lots of chances to bleed in her car while doing handyman stuff for her.  Igor and his name kept reminding me of the "Young Frankenstein" scene.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's not that she dated a lot of men, it's that they were giving her money. Over $50K from that one older professor guy alone. That's a lot. It's not so much that she looks "slutty," whatever that mean, it's that it looks like she's pulling a con. And I definitely got the impression she only married Bob to get her green card and get her kid into the US. She divorced him the minute the kid graduated from high school.

Yes and I kept thinking that if none of her friends knew anything about the other ones, there could be a dozen more, helpful old geezers in her life.  I'm frankly fascinated with women like this who manage to have everyone thinking they're beautiful when they're really just average and men writing poetry for them while giving them thousands of dollars, just 'cuz.  They're like world class masters of feminine wiles.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Add me to those who saw nothing special about Anna.

On the surface, she may look average to many people, but upon meeting her they might see something else.   Personality can color a person’s impression of the attractiveness of another person.  It might be that she was very outgoing, charismatic and witty.  There is really no way to capture that in a photo. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Fable said:

On the surface, she may look average to many people, but upon meeting her they might see something else.   Personality can color a person’s impression of the attractiveness of another person.  It might be that she was very outgoing, charismatic and witty.  There is really no way to capture that in a photo. 

I understand that, but it sounded like she was very closed off.  I just thought the over the top raving was a bit much.

• Love 3

I watched the Garrett Phillips case today. Twelve-year-old boy strangled in Potsdam, NY. Nick Hillary, the mother's ex boyfriend, was found not guilty. I kept waiting for more evidence and couldn't believe the prosecutor took it to trial with so little. I'm suspicious he did it, but honestly couldn't have sent a man to prison on that evidence. Anyone else see this one? What did you think? 

I know real trials aren't like CSI: Wherever, but there was NO evidence of Nick Hillary found; hair, fiber, DNA, fingerprints...nothing. I think the judge ruled correctly (it was a bench trial). 

• Love 2

About the blood in Anna's car ... I'm far from a strict housekeeper, but if there were drops of blood in my car, I'd get out the peroxide and work to remove them before they set in to stay forever. I'd do the same to any clothes I'm wearing if there were blood drops on them (for whatever reason, not that I murdered anyone). It's too odd that Anna would keep getting in and out of her car and ignoring blood spots on the seat. Unless they were on the opposite side of the passenger seat where she couldn't see them. Did the show say where the blood was?

Regarding screeching ex-ballerina, my boyfriend asked, "Is she auditioning for a reality show?" Bingo!! I think she saw this as her opportunity to get her face out there because she added nothing to the show.

I don't think Bob did it. I think it's a spurned lover who found out about her other boyfriends. And the son... he was beyond strange with his reactions. That's not how a kid reacts when told his mother -- his only family -- is dead. You ask questions, you demand answers, you scream. Unless he was glad she was dead with her revolving door of sugar daddies.

I've known women like Anna. Some men literally wet their pants when a woman with an accent flirts with them, even slightly. It's an exotic aphrodisiac. I went to Europe on vacation, twice, and believe me... I had an audience a few times, just by talking and letting them hear my American accent. People were fascinated.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, bubbls said:

I watched the Garrett Phillips case today. Twelve-year-old boy strangled in Potsdam, NY. Nick Hillary, the mother's ex boyfriend, was found not guilty. I kept waiting for more evidence and couldn't believe the prosecutor took it to trial with so little. I'm suspicious he did it, but honestly couldn't have sent a man to prison on that evidence. Anyone else see this one? What did you think? 

I know real trials aren't like CSI: Wherever, but there was NO evidence of Nick Hillary found; hair, fiber, DNA, fingerprints...nothing. I think the judge ruled correctly (it was a bench trial). 

I think he is innocent. That prosecutor assumed it would be an easy win because he was the only black family in a small town. There was DNA on the window but it wasn't Nick's. 

• Love 3

As far as Bob goes, I couldn't have convicted him. The evidence was so flimsy. I'm not convinced he was innocent. 

That poet guy was creepy and gave off a stalker vibe. 

Hated the ballerina friend. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Court said:

I think he is innocent. That prosecutor assumed it would be an easy win because he was the only black family in a small town. There was DNA on the window but it wasn't Nick's. 

The DNA didn't rule out Nick but the judge through it out because of questions about the tests and collection.

• Love 1

Last night was disappointing. First hour was an update on the Cal Harris case, which I knew about months ago that he was found not guilty. I still don't know if I think he's guilty or innocent (there's something about him that oozes smarminess but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a murderer) however, I do question if they ever looked into anyone else as a suspect. I don't know. The whole story is off with the witness coming forward six years later (not that it couldn't have happened) and everything. I do feel bad for those kids. I didn't find it surprising that they're backing their dad. I just hope for their sake they don't regret it later on in life.

And the second hour? The Dalia case. I've never been more confused. Not at what happened, but the defense's argument that it was for a reality show and then that she was abused. Way to spin that tale around. 

• Love 5
On 12/13/2016 at 6:55 PM, Court said:

Right, I forgot to mention the DNA that wasn't his on the window. As soon as I saw he hired a civil rights lawyer I began rolling my eyes as I think the race card is far overplayed (albeit legit in some situations). I think the guilty behaviors of Nick were compelling (taking a left at the school, lying) rather than his color, but there was simply no evidence, and in fact, that window DNA is pretty compelling regarding his possible innocence. Or the lack of his DNA is what I really mean. Seems like if you rushed through a window while evading the cops you'd leave something. 

Edited by bubbls

The Cal Harris case was interesting because I could easily be convinced of his guilt, but the one thing I never understood was why Michele's car was found down at the end of the driveway. That just didn't make any sense if Cal killed her as the prosecution contended, which was that he struck her when she came into the house then dragged her out to the garage then drove her car down to the end of their (apparently very long) driveway. Huh? Why would he do that? Was he trying to make it look like someone grabbed her when she was pulling into the driveway? If he's calculating and devious enough to dispose of her body without leaving a trace why would he just leave her car at the end of the driveway? And then there's that witness who says he saw her at the end of the driveway talking to that dude from the bar, so . . . I don't know.

The Dalia case was just dumb. Not worth a re-visit. There's no "there" there.

• Love 5

I've now seen so many iterations and rehashes and re-creations of the Cal Harris case that my opinion has gone from "guilty" to "not guilty" over the years.  Of course, the blood is an issue...especially the 3'x6' (according to police) stain in the garage.  The defense is like, well who knows when that occurred...could have been years ago. Honestly in my entire life I've never had a 3'x6' bloodstain anywhere at any time.  

I do believe the better-late-than-never witness.  He's hauling hay for a living, working hard and likely not following the news that closely.   

Edited by Albino
  • Love 2

I just don't get why there is any question about Dalia's guilt. It seems we have been shown pretty much the whole case so..... Also, I really don't find anything about her to lead anyone to be "head over heels" in love with her. She seems like a con artist/black widow type.

• Love 7

I've been calling her Black Dalia from day one. The fact her attorneys keep changing their defense strategy should be a big clue to anyone who had doubts about her. I wish we'd see her ex on the witness stand, telling his side of the story. That should seal the deal.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Albino said:

I do believe the better-late-than-never witness.  He's hauling hay for a living, working hard and likely not following the news that closely.   

True. And he didn't have a reason to lie either.

Of course, the blood is an issue...especially the 3'x6' (according to police) stain in the garage.  The defense is like, well who knows when that occurred...could have been years ago. Honestly in my entire life I've never had a 3'x6' bloodstain anywhere at any time.  

Yeah, the blood is an issue that is more difficult to explain.

Still, if I were on any of the three previous juries, I'd have a hard time convicting. Not saying he's a swell guy, but the evidence is circumstantial at best and hearsay from her sister and other people. 

Plus, it appeared that she was keeping company with some unsavory folks and couple that with the witness, and well, there you go. Definitely not beyond a reasonable doubt.

27 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I've been calling her Black Dalia from day one. The fact her attorneys keep changing their defense strategy should be a big clue to anyone who had doubts about her. I wish we'd see her ex on the witness stand, telling his side of the story. That should seal the deal.

Seriously. I don't doubt she's guilty, but the defense changing her story was giving me whiplash. 

• Love 2

Ugh, I am so sick of Cal Harris. I would love to never hear his name again. I think he's likely guilty but why are we revisiting it? No point unless her body is found. Is there any new info or can I delete this.

Dalia is definitely guilty. No questions about it. She's on film! How did that jury not convict her?

Edited by Court
  • Love 8

It's possible Cal Harris paid him to testify. He's got the money so that definitely occurred to me. I still can't reconcile the car at the end of the driveway though. It still makes zero sense even if you figure he was planning to pay someone to testify they saw Michele at the end of the driveway because the guy didn't come forward until six years later.

Yeah, the blood is an issue that is more difficult to explain.

That was another thing that struck me as odd because if we believe Cal was the killer he did a masterful job of disposing the body but just left blood all over the garage? That doesn't make any sense either. They didn't even find the blood until long after the investigation began. He had plenty of time to clean it up. It would mean on the one hand he's a criminal mastermind but at the same time he's a blithering idiot.

50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's possible Cal Harris paid him to testify. He's got the money so that definitely occurred to me. I still can't reconcile the car at the end of the driveway though. It still makes zero sense even if you figure he was planning to pay someone to testify they saw Michele at the end of the driveway because the guy didn't come forward until six years later.

I thought about that too, but if you're going to pay someone to lie for you, you'd think he would have done it way earlier, since it seems suspicious coming out six years after the fact. The car being out the end of the driveway bugs me too.

51 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That was another thing that struck me as odd because if we believe Cal was the killer he did a masterful job of disposing the body but just left blood all over the garage? That doesn't make any sense either. They didn't even find the blood until long after the investigation began. He had plenty of time to clean it up. It would mean on the one hand he's a criminal mastermind but at the same time he's a blithering idiot.

Right? He can't be both. So, which is it? 

• Love 1

I am not saying I could convict on the evidence but lots of murders have been caught because they were 99% successful at a cover up only to be caught by a bone headed/arrogant mistake.

I didn't rewatch last night because I am sick of the case but I forget why is the new witness so certain of the day, time, and that it was actually her six years after the fact?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I didn't rewatch last night because I am sick of the case but I forget why is the new witness so certain of the day, time, and that it was actually her six years after the fact?

I think he was certain of the date because it was the day after 9-11, so it's in that "what I was doing when JFK got shot" category.  My husband never watches the news so he wouldn't know about a big local crime story, but he would remember exactly what a random, pretty blonde looked like.  I found the guy creditable. 

On the other hand, the throw rug soaked with blood?  I just can't make sense of that. 

Speaking of our mastermind murderers.  Why do so many of them choose such bloody methods, knowing how even one drop can be incriminating?  There are so many other ways to kill, as we Dateliners have learned.

• Love 4

I'm convinced Cal Harris is guilty and got away with it.   He had told his wife he'd be able to dispose of her body and no one would ever find it.    It doesn't make sense that anyone else would have done it.

Edited by partofme
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Court said:

Ugh, I am so sick of Cal Harris. I would love to never hear his name again. I think he's likely guilty but why are we revisiting it? No point unless her body is found. Is there any new info or can I delete this.

Dalia is definitely guilty. No questions about it. She's on film! How did that jury not convict her?

Because I think the jury got confused by the defense story of her being in a reality show and the cops were in on it as well. That's the only reason I can come up with, since an earlier jury convicted her.

He had told his wife he'd be able to dispose of her body and no one would ever find it.  

Whenever a witness says that the victim warned them before hand that if anything happened to them it was (the defendant) I raise an eyebrow. To me, that sounds more like something a family member or close friend would tell the police just to try to convince them of the defendant's guilt. "Yes, she told me he threatened to do this very thing! And bragged that he would get away with it!" Convenient, huh? The thing of is . . . if your spouse really threatened to kill you in the exact manner they are eventually accused of - why in the hell would you stay with them? And if you told a family member or friend they had made such a threat, why would they allow you stay with them? Who would just file that information away for later? "Oh really? Huh, that's interesting, I'll be sure and tell the cops that if you wind up dead and/or missing." I don't buy it. I'd be like "You need to get the hell out of there right now, come stay with me, and get a restraining order." 

It doesn't make sense that anyone else would have done it.

If the 11th hour witness is to be believed, the last person she was seen with was a criminal with a violent history so yes, it does make sense someone else might have done it.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

if your spouse really threatened to kill you in the exact manner they are eventually accused of - why in the hell would you stay with them? And if you told a family member or friend they had made such a threat, why would they allow you stay with them?

But there was one such instance something like this did happen. And while I think the woman sure as hell should have left, she stayed because she wanted her marriage to work. It was a case highlighted on Forensic Files forever ago about a woman who claimed that her horse had kicked her in her head and she somehow managed to crawl to a neighbor for help. The doctor was suspicious about the story given the injuries, but apparently she stuck to her story. Come to find out, her husband beat her with something. And when that attempt didn't work and the wife didn't leave/die, he ended up staging a suicide. The only problem was, the gun fired twice. Apparently, however, this woman told either her neighbor or sister - I forget which - about a letter hidden in an envelope in her china cabinet in case anything did happen to her. In that letter, she detailed the real attack attributed to the horse and pointed to her own husband as the culprit in case she ended up dead, which she did.

The point in all of this being while these women should get the hell out, not all of them do. And some plan ahead for worst-case scenarios. Which is incomprehensible to me, but no one can know what goes on in the minds of others.

• Love 6

The point in all of this being while these women should get the hell out, not all of them do. And some plan ahead for worst-case scenarios. 

Yes, I realize this and in the case of the woman who left a letter to that effect, that's evidence that could be entered at a trial. On the other hand, a friend or family member saying "she told me so" is hearsay. And sometimes a little too convenient. I can't recall the specific case but the one I'm thinking of was the mother of the victim saying her daughter had warned her that her husband had threatened to kill her. And all I could think was, what mother on earth would allow her daughter to stay in the same house with a man who had threatened to kill her? If it were my child I would stop and nothing to get her away from him. So a lot of times when I hear acquaintances say "yeah, she told me he threatened to do this," I find it highly suspicious.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2