Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

oh man, the thought that that creep can be out of prison in 9 years with good behavior is WRONG...put me on that jury, he would have gotten life, yeah, I know he can't for attempted murder, but what he did was really worse than murder to me. I'm gad they got him, but I think he should have gotten 25 solid years in prison. 

• Love 10

I agree that his red, swollen eyes were suspicious looking, as though he did something to irritate them and show on camera how much he has been suffering through everything.  He’s the kind of “good looking” that appeals to young girls, but past a certain age, like probably around 22, they would see him for the scuzzy, slick-talking sleazeball that he is.

That poor, poor girl. I’m so happy she has made such incredible progress, and I hope it continues.  The footage of her saying “he’s hurting me” under hypnosis chilled me through to the bone.

i hope the cost of the DNA face sketches can be greatly reduced over time so law enforcement everywhere can regularly use that stunningly accurate technology.  Sorry to all the police sketch artists who would no longer be needed, but holy Moses, his DNA composite sketch was spot on!

Watching him cry about not being around to guide his children through life because of prison made me positively ill.

• Love 12

Just watched the sad story of the murdered cheerleader, killed by the crazy bf. IDK what the parents could have done differently. IDK if restraining orders work or just rile people up. He couldn't have her so no one could *sigh* He was clearly the man in black and the point was for her to call him for "help" when he was beating on the door.  I was a little shocked that he was so talkative about the gun with the friends. 

• Love 4

Two minutes into last night's case "Evil Was Waiting", I bet myself that this would be a case of "military wife left alone + murdered husband = wife and new boyfriend cooking up a way to get husband out of the way".   Jessie Goslyn put on a good act with the vomiting while being questioned, but law enforcement has seen it all and knows to focus on the spouse.  She wanted it all - the five kids, the $400K in military life insurance and the new man with no ex to share custody, etc.  Don't care if this sounds mean, but she wasn't even good looking, she was doughy and happy to screw around behind her husbands back while he was serving our country.  What's in the water out in the sticks that drew two men who were willing to be with her - one who took on Jessie and her 5 kids from another man.  That boggles my mind. 

Glad she and BF will be rotting in prison.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Two minutes into last night's case "Evil Was Waiting", I bet myself that this would be a case of "military wife left alone + murdered husband = wife and new boyfriend cooking up a way to get husband out of the way".   Jessie Goslyn put on a good act with the vomiting while being questioned, but law enforcement has seen it all and knows to focus on the spouse.  She wanted it all - the five kids, the $400K in military life insurance and the new man with no ex to share custody, etc.  Don't care if this sounds mean, but she wasn't even good looking, she was doughy and happy to screw around behind her husbands back while he was serving our country.  What's in the water out in the sticks that drew two men who were willing to be with her - one who took on Jessie and her 5 kids from another man.  That boggles my mind. 

Glad she and BF will be rotting in prison.

When I watched this show, I skipped by the intro so did not realize that they actually gave it away right away by showing Andrea saying "This was a love triangle". Duh. I went back to hear why the woman interviewed kept calling herself the victim's surrogate mother.

But I knew the wife was involved right away, as soon as she said she turned down the side road because she felt sick. Yea, because what are the chances that some one would be needing help in a broken down car right there and then? And just happen to kill her husband?  Neither she or the boyfriend were that bright, her with giving a description of a different vehicle, and he with the jacked up loud truck. 

I found the story pretty boring and predictable. What annoyed me was the female prosecutor giving a deal to Jessie because it was her boyfriend who actually pulled the trigger. As the second prosecutor said, there would not have been a murder without Jessie wanting her husband dead. So he gives a deal to the boyfriend too? WTF? They both get deals? Isn't that nice. 

BTW, I think he had 5 kids, not he and Jessie. I think they had three together, and he had 2 previously (according to the story by the time he was 18 by two different women). I don't think they were raising all 5 kids together, but she did leave 5 kids without a father. Apparently though three of them are better off being raised now without her as their mother. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

While I was watching that part of the show I saw her jerk her foot up a couple of times and thought the pavement must be really  hot.  If only the sweat bees had attacked her forehead, they would have died of botulism. ( I like Andrea but that glass forehead bothers me.)

• Love 4

Jarred had to drive like a maniac to get from Fort Campbell KY to Colorado that quickly.  And why?  The neighbors had seen him and that truck many, many times...as well as the eye-witness.  Did he think the police have no way to communicate from state to state?

I can't believe that they made deals with Jarred and Jessie.  I thought they had enough evidence to convince a jury in both cases.

Those five kids are not only fatherless....three of them had a bad mother for many years.  Better off without her.

The eyewitness was definitely observant when it came to vehicles....thank heavens.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 9
On 9/7/2018 at 11:14 PM, cooksdelight said:

Nice to see a new episode tonight. At least, it was new to me.

That poor girl. I cannot imagine what her life has been like since the attack that almost killed her.

I wasn’t buying that guy’s “oh, poor me, I didn’t do it” act. When you have a history of a certain crime, don’t think it won’t catch up with you.

I almost didn't watch this episode because I thought it was an old one, and then saw the date. I was sure I had seen this story before, where a young woman was beaten in her house and then lost her memory of the attack. But in the case I remember, the woman actually did regain some memory and thought it was someone she knew, though there was no evidence against this person. Even when that person was cleared, the woman felt sure it was him.  Does anyone else remember this, or am I mis remembering? 

In any case good on the detective and her boss for their persistence in nailing that monster. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

While I was watching that part of the show I saw her jerk her foot up a couple of times and thought the pavement must be really  hot.  If only the sweat bees had attacked her forehead, they would have died of botulism. ( I like Andrea but that glass forehead bothers me.)

I thought she looked uncomfortable, and I was trying to figure out what the deal was. Never heard of a sweat bee before.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I almost didn't watch this episode because I thought it was an old one, and then saw the date. I was sure I had seen this story before, where a young woman was beaten in her house and then lost her memory of the attack. But in the case I remember, the woman actually did regain some memory and thought it was someone she knew, though there was no evidence against this person. Even when that person was cleared, the woman felt sure it was him.  Does anyone else remember this, or am I mis remembering? 

In any case good on the detective and her boss for their persistence in nailing that monster. 

You are correct. It was another episode w/a college age girl who was beaten (maybe ran over too) but lived. I think she was in a coma for awhile but woke up w/no memory. They think it was her college boyfriend who had been abusive to her but couldn’t prove it. I can’t remember the girl’s name or the name of the episode, other than it was something like the mystery of ______ Road.  Hope that’s helpful. 

ETA: Mystery of Albion Road (Ironically I remembered Albion but thought it was another episode.  ??‍♀️ The weird stuff stuck in my brain!)

The boyfriend took an Alford plea and the judge sentenced him to the max. Good. I hate the Alford plea. It always seems like the perp gets a really lenient sentence. Ann Rule’s book Heart Full Of Lies is a really good example of the awfulness of the Alford. 

Edited by Tdoc72
Found it w/google!
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

You are correct. It was another episode w/a college age girl who was beaten (maybe ran over too) but lived. I think she was in a coma for awhile but woke up w/no memory. They think it was her college boyfriend who had been abusive to her but couldn’t prove it. I can’t remember the girl’s name or the name of the episode, other than it was something like the mystery of ______ Road.  Hope that’s helpful. 

ETA: Mystery of Albion Road (Ironically I remembered Albion but thought it was another episode.  ??‍♀️ The weird stuff stuck in my brain!)

The boyfriend took an Alford plea and the judge sentenced him to the max. Good. I hate the Alford plea. It always seems like the perp gets a really lenient sentence. Ann Rule’s book Heart Full Of Lies is a really good example of the awfulness of the Alford. 

Thanks for posting this TDOC72. I remember the name of the episode you have referenced, but not the details. In the episode I am remembering the woman was attacked in her home, just as Brittani was. I googled and saw an article saying that Dateline was revisiting the case, which makes me wonder if they did an episode on the case previously. I also wondered if any other crime show had covered the case and it turns out that 20/20 did an episode on Brittani in June of this year. I knew as soon as I started watching the Dateline show that I had seen Brittani before, so assume that is where. I also read that Brittani's mother at one time suspected her father (with Brittani's mother being the target) due to a contentious divorce. So it seems like even at 2 hours there are things that Dateline left off. 

• Love 1
On 9/15/2018 at 2:27 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

What annoyed me was the female prosecutor giving a deal to Jessie because it was her boyfriend who actually pulled the trigger. As the second prosecutor said, there would not have been a murder without Jessie wanting her husband dead. So he gives a deal to the boyfriend too? WTF? They both get deals? Isn't that nice. 

Yeah, I wish they'd gone into more detail here.  It seems to me like they originally offered Jessie a deal because they needed one of them to testify against the other.  I have to think that the potential fallout from that earlier decision by the court to throw out the military PD's questioning of Jessie made them think the trial against the boyfriend was going to be tough.  I know it was reversed on appeal, but maybe the new prosecutor thought it might come up and weaken his case to the jury.  It seemed like without that interview, they wouldn't have known to question the boyfriend in Colorado so quickly. 

Speaking of which...hey neighbor couple, next time you go to the police to tell them about some crazy drug scheme?  Maybe mention that the widow has been living with another man the last few months while her husband has been away!  Just a thought...

On 9/15/2018 at 3:15 PM, biakbiak said:

I don’t understand how you live with someone on freaking base and it doesn’t get back to the husband!! Also, what sort of dumbass drives a car that was purchased in both their names to the murder?!?

Ha!  That was my favorite part.  "Oh, we're just friends.  Sometimes he sleeps on the couch."  But you bought a car together??  Yeah, I do that with my casual friends all the time!

• Love 7
On 9/15/2018 at 4:27 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

When I watched this show, I skipped by the intro so did not realize that they actually gave it away right away by showing Andrea saying "This was a love triangle". Duh. I went back to hear why the woman interviewed kept calling herself the victim's surrogate mother.

But I knew the wife was involved right away, as soon as she said she turned down the side road because she felt sick. Yea, because what are the chances that some one would be needing help in a broken down car right there and then? And just happen to kill her husband?  Neither she or the boyfriend were that bright, her with giving a description of a different vehicle, and he with the jacked up loud truck. 

I found the story pretty boring and predictable. What annoyed me was the female prosecutor giving a deal to Jessie because it was her boyfriend who actually pulled the trigger. As the second prosecutor said, there would not have been a murder without Jessie wanting her husband dead. So he gives a deal to the boyfriend too? WTF? They both get deals? Isn't that nice. 

BTW, I think he had 5 kids, not he and Jessie. I think they had three together, and he had 2 previously (according to the story by the time he was 18 by two different women). I don't think they were raising all 5 kids together, but she did leave 5 kids without a father. Apparently though three of them are better off being raised now without her as their mother. 

Her story made no sense and got worse with every Lie. When people get sick in a car, they don’t ‘turn down this road’... they pull over to the side of the road they are already  on.  Quickly.  He’s just gotten back from being deployed. When would he have had time to get mixed up with drug dealers? 

Why was an ex-military guy allowed to reside in a house of a military guy on deployment? Shouldn’t the MPs have questioned this?  Shouldn’t the neighbors? Do they really tolerate wives having affairs on base when the spouse is deployed? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Her story made no sense and got worse with every Lie. When people at sick in a car, they don’t ‘turn down this road’... they pull over to the side of the road they are already  on.  Quickly.  He’s just gotten back from being deployed. When would he have had time to get mixed up with drug dealers? 

Why was an ex-military guy allowed to reside in a house of a military guy on deployment? Shouldn’t the MPs have questioned this?  Shouldn’t the neighbors? Do they really tolerate wives having affairs on base when the spouse is deployed? 

Excellent points.Pull over immediately.

Also, I thought adultery was not tolerated period whether the other third part is military or not. Maybe I am confused bc I am not military and maybe the rule only applies to the military enlisted spouse? Either way, sheesh, get a divorce dayum

• Love 2

Unfortunately, the control of who is in on base housing sucks after they privatized almost all base housing.   That means that the military gave the housing control to a contractor who rents out the houses, doesn't keep track of who is living there, and if someone can get on base with an I.D. or as a guest, they can stay as long as they want and no one knows they're living there.   

I worked as a civilian for the military, and the last post I was working at had bunches of squatters in housing.     Some worked for the housing people as cleaners, so they would clean it, get it inspected, and then move in.     Also, depending on the base or post, if you bring a guest on post, there is no tracking of where they go after they get on base, and could easily move into quarters that are vacant.   When you come on post because you're assigned there, if there is a choice of available units, they give you the keys to a couple, so you can go look at them and choose one.    I've known people to go to look at a vacant unit, and find the house is full of people already who are squatters. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Unfortunately, the control of who is in on base housing sucks after they privatized almost all base housing.   That means that the military gave the housing control to a contractor who rents out the houses, doesn't keep track of who is living there, and if someone can get on base with an I.D. or as a guest, they can stay as long as they want and no one knows they're living there.   

I worked as a civilian for the military, and the last post I was working at had bunches of squatters in housing.     Some worked for the housing people as cleaners, so they would clean it, get it inspected, and then move in.     Also, depending on the base or post, if you bring a guest on post, there is no tracking of where they go after they get on base, and could easily move into quarters that are vacant.   When you come on post because you're assigned there, if there is a choice of available units, they give you the keys to a couple, so you can go look at them and choose one.    I've known people to go to look at a vacant unit, and find the house is full of people already who are squatters. 

Times certainly have changed when it comes to miliary housing.  Those details are all appalling.

• Love 7

I watched the "A Deal with the Devil" episode, and so many things frustrated me. I will admit that I don't know the ins and outs of the FBI, but they and the local police kept saying how smart Kimble was. I sort of think the FBI were just dumb. And Kaysi's mother simply pissed me off. 

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 10

Last night they explored the case of a serial killer with the nickname Hannibal Lecter.   I was a little surprised that they basically exposed the killer right at the beginning of the episode instead of teasing with a bunch of red herrings like the show usually does.  Not sure if I bailed out on this one after 30 minutes because I already knew who did it, or I'm getting burned out on true crime, but this one didn't hold my attention.  Just glad that the guy was caught and justice was served.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I watched the "A Deal with the Deviil" episode, and so many things frustrated me. I will admit that I don't know the ins and outs of the FBI, but they and the local police kept saying how smart Kimble was. I sort of think the FBI were just dumb. And Kaysi's mother simply pissed me off. 

I was coming on here to say the same thing. She forgave him because she knew her daughter would.  And, she had no sympathy at all for Kimble's son or uncle. She was a piece of work, 

Never been a fan of the FBI. They really screwed up.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, applecrisp said:

I was coming on here to say the same thing. She forgave him because she knew her daughter would.  And, she had no sympathy at all for Kimble's son or uncle. She was a piece of work, 

Never been a fan of the FBI. They really screwed up.

It  may be unfair for me to say, but she seemed to choose Kimble over her daughter when her daughter was alive. This made Kaysi an easier victim in Kimble's eyes. 

• Love 12

I can’t believe he could get out in thirty years given all the shit he did, in addition to the murders.

One thing that I thought was strange is that it didn’t appear they went to any lengths to identify Kaysi’s Body when it was found until the FBI asked if they had found any bodies! 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I can’t believe he could get out in thirty years given all the shit he did, in addition to the murders.

One thing that I thought was strange is that it didn’t appear they went to any lengths to identify Kaysi’s Body when it was found until the FBI asked if they had found any bodies! 

I thought it was odd too that part of Kaysi's body had been found but there didn't appear to be any attempt to match DNA from it to any missing persons. 

Like others, I was disgusted with Kaysi's mother. She said that Kaysi forgave that monster (how in the hell would she know that) so she had to too. I guess the fact that he was a serial killer who killed not only her daughter but two other women, his own uncle and attempted to kill his own son was of no concern to her. What a piece of work. 

I will say it was a fascinating two hours. Just when you think you have seen it all...........

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11

I can't believe Jonestown was 40 years ago.  I'm an old fart.  I was only 18, but I remember being so shocked.  I wish I'd stop watching these anniversary documentaries.  There's nothing new to report.  Still, it's amazing on so many levels and scary how easily people are swayed.

I'll wager that 99% of  young people that use the phrase "drank the kool-aid" are completely oblivious of the origin of those words.  It's in the common vernacular now.  Too bad, they probably don't fully comprehend the horror that was at the root.

• Love 20
On 9/22/2018 at 2:01 PM, Enigma X said:

I watched the "A Deal with the Devil" episode, and so many things frustrated me. I will admit that I don't know the ins and outs of the FBI, but they and the local police kept saying how smart Kimble was. I sort of think the FBI were just dumb. And Kaysi's mother simply pissed me off. 

THIS ^^^^ same with me.... odd. HE was just SO SMART. Bah 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ari333 said:

THIS ^^^^ same with me.... odd. HE was just SO SMART. Bah 

Hah.  He was only smart because he made law enforcement look stoopid (not a stretch).  They just couldn't STAND looking like they fell for a simple homicidal grifter/paid informant, so they made him out to be some Hannibal genius.  UUUm - no.

• Love 10

Oh, and last night's episode.  OF COURSE he's a podiatrist.  What IS it about foot doctors that place them in the forefront of nefarious goings-on?  I'll give you 3 gue$$es.

And his "orthotics shoe insert girlfriend who totally got him"?  She was asked if she was physically attracted to him as well.  She replied : "Of cour$e".  What attracted her to him?  "Uuuum - chemi$try".

Bitch claims the wife gave her the green light, as in, you're the only other person he should be with?  Yeah, No.  Cuckolded wives don't say that shit to the new piece, unless they're dying in an unbelievable made-for-TeeVee movie.

My one visit to the ER to rule out a broken foot resulted in a report that diagnosed bunions, hammer toe, and degenerative arthritis (along with the "bad sprain" that was most definitely torn & torqued ligaments of the highest order).  I've YET to visit a podiatrist, because - True Crime shows tell me they're SHADY AS FUCK!!!  :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
fat fingers - always and forevermore
  • Love 7
On 9/22/2018 at 2:01 PM, Enigma X said:

Yes!  Kaysi's Mom was beyond frustrating.  I was extremely bothered at the end when Kaysi's father was in tears saying that Kaysi's Mom finally said after Kaysi went missing that her husband was MIA for several days??  Like how do you wrap your head around your daughter missing and your husband missing too and not tell anyone that both are missing??  She also said that her husband would be gone and unaccounted for a lot, umm on what planet is that a normal or healthy relationship that shouldn't be questioned or cause for major concern.  And something about how passive she was about forgiving him at the end, like she was forgiving him for drinking straight out of the milk jug and not for KILLING YOUR DAUGHTER.....so frustrating!

My heart was absolutely broken for all 3 of the fathers in this episode.  Their grief and loss were evident and I am so sad that this happened to them and how they will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. 

On 9/23/2018 at 1:05 AM, zillabreeze said:

I can't believe Jonestown was 40 years ago.  I'm an old fart.  I was only 18, but I remember being so shocked.  I wish I'd stop watching these anniversary documentaries.  There's nothing new to report.  Still, it's amazing on so many levels and scary how easily people are swayed.

I'll wager that 99% of  young people that use the phrase "drank the kool-aid" are completely oblivious of the origin of those words.  It's in the common vernacular now.  Too bad, they probably don't fully comprehend the horror that was at the root.

I was a child born right after Jonestown but my father was a history teacher and if Jonestown doesn't fascinate or concern you then you should do some major soul searching!  So many lives destroyed and changed because of the selfishness of one person.  I also have to watch any show about Jonestown because those people especially the camera crew and congressman and especially the few survivors deserve to have a chance to tell their story so this doesn't hopefully happen again. 

• Love 7

Re: A Deal with the Devil... I don't know about anyone else, but for some reason, it totally chaps my ass when cops and then even FBI agents talk about how a serial killer is the most intelligent person with whom they've ever come in contact. Like, even if he IS, don't say it because you know that self-centered asshole is just eating that shit up if he's watching it in prison. For me, the serial killer-ness overrides the intelligence to the point intelligence should not ever be mentioned again in conjunction with that person.

Kaysi's mother bugged the heck out of me also, but it started for me when they talked to her the first time and she started THEN voicing all her concerns, like her freaking daughter had been missing for months, jerkwad was unaccounted for for days but she never contacts the police or even her ex-husband, the girl's FATHER, to voice any of this until they drag her in. Unless she's brain dead, she had to be suspicious for years, if not months, at least, but never said anything. And if she "worked" at the "ranch", how could she not know what was going on with funds, money and from whence they came??  I didn't buy her grief one bit.. and like most of you, I was actually kind of incensed when she told him she forgives him because she knows Kaysi would have forgiven him. Like how do you know? You were going to drag her to the police station on his insistence that she was using again, when she told you she was NOT, and she hadn't been for a while. UGH.

Re: Jonestown. This was actually on not too long ago, and I, too, was a teenager when it happened, but I remember having nightmares for a while. I was also a big fan of Leo Ryan's because, for some reason, I was interested in California politics, and they had all the best liberals, back in the day. Jim Jones was NOT a "socialist"... he was pretending to be a socialist but he was a delusional megalomaniac who thought he was god.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 10

I can’t find that show, but those who watch Discovery ID have seen the episode (Season 3 Episode 5 I believe). That woman made me so angry-she could have and should have done something about her kid, she had no spine at all. Too bad Dr. Phil couldn’t get a hold of that child-lady and yank her a$$ out of immaturity. Plus ID Discovery needs to discover some new material..all these reruns...?

Re: 9/28 "On the Outskirts of Town"...When the murderer guy was being questioned, he was videotaped with sound, and the interrogation was watched by a plethora of law enforcement folks.  And, IIRC, he was over 18, otherwise they would have had to have gotten a parent or guardian in there before questioning him as a suspect.  So why in holy hell did the cops not record and listen to the conversation he had with his mother?  Furthermore, why didn't the CO mom tell him to STFU and get a lawyer right away?  (Really, any kid of anyone law enforcement adjacent should know to STFU as soon as the Miranda warning comes out and demand a lawyer.)  On the one hand, the cops seemed to be determined to get the guy for the crime, but on the other, I wonder if the no listen/record thing was some kind of blue privilege. 

Even though that child murderer looked super suspicious, I still think they got the right guy (based on the Dateline...I hesitate to say that without the caveat becuase I know Dateline can leave some pretty big holes in stories).

• Love 3

@Lizzing, I wondered the same thing about the conversation between the mom and kid in the interrogation room. Unless she requested they shut it off? And I'm still not clear on the motive.

I just truly hate it when the detectives get all up in a suspect's space when questioning. I'd be like, "Fuck you, I want a lawyer," the minute that shit started.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

I just truly hate it when the detectives get all up in a suspect's space when questioning. I'd be like, "Fuck you, I want a lawyer," the minute that shit started.

I'd be like, "Fuck you, I want a lawyer" if a cop even asked me the time of day.  No way would I EVER answer a cop's questions, no matter how innocuous.  Sorry, but I don't engage with liars.  The cops are allowed to lie with impunity, but if you tell one falsehood to a cop you can be prosecuted.  Fuck that shit.

Oh, and they can glean all sorts of stuff from you before issuing a Miranda warning, simply by lying and saying you weren't a suspect when the "interview" started.  True crime shows taught me all too well about their reindeer games.

Something wasn't right about that kid's mom.  Why would she spring his "confession" to her on the witness stand, sandbagging everyone, including his attorney?  She should've known just saying "it was an accident" wouldn't get him any less jail time ... hmm

• Love 15

I think it was a "courtesy" that they let her talk with her son by herself and without recording it, because I think they maybe thought that, as a corrections officer, she might decide to convince him to do the right thing. My theory is that he DID tell her he did it, and then at the trial she decided to tell that and spin it with, but he said it was an accident. Look, I don't hate her or anything... law enforcement was stupid, possibly, to think that her being a CO would override her being a mother.

On the other hand, his dad bugged the shite out of me: the text "have you got the money yet" and then I couldn't see the entirety of Isaiah's reply, but it was something to the effect of "...she or her..." which I interpreted as the victim (Sorry, her name is escaping me)... and yet his father was okay that he was borrowing money from a young girl who was both going to school and working herself, so that he (the father) could have HIS money back. Meanwhile, the guy owed her $600 and had already stolen another $300 from her. Whatever was going on with the kid/former boyfriend, it's clear he had rounded the corner away from good kid. If dad was putting the screws to him, I do not think it's that far a stretch to have resorted to murder, especially if he probably asked her if he could borrow more money and she either said she couldn't afford to lend him any or just said no outright.

The blue towel was a pretty good coincidence, not to mention his friend who knew something was not right... the missing gun, all the money borrowed, thefts... I know that does not add up to murder, but yeah, I think they got the right guy, too. Won't be surprised if he does get another trial, though...

ETA: Agreed, WalnutQueen ... there is no way I would talk to the police either. Am always shocked when people continue to talk with them, in fact. Let them work the case to the best of their ability, but don't let them lie to and intimidate you into something. You have the absolute right not to incriminate yourself.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 4

We just finished watching it (had to DVR the ending because we're old and can't stay awake that late).  I kind of got the feeling that Isaiah's mother was hoping to get his charges reduced to manslaughter if she said that he told her it was an accident.  But it backfired on her . . . and him.

I hate to sound superficial, but doesn't Andrea Canning own anything more professional looking than ruffled dresses with high/low hems?  I find her wardrobe distracting . . . especially brightly colored, flowery "happy dresses" when discussing the murder of a young woman.  We have a local news anchorwoman in Phoenix whose wardrobe is so distracting that I finally gave up and moved to another local station for news.  I want to focus on a story, not be distracted by the wardrobe of the presenter.  And when it's THAT unprofessional, I question the common sense/judgment of the person wearing the outfit and the organization that SHOULD have someone to monitor how someone's clothing fits into the entire presentation of a case.

• Love 11

When Canning was walking around in that field at the beginning and talking about how tough it is to walk around there 'cause of the brush and all, my mom commented on how weird it was that she was wearing a pair of pants that cut off above the ankles.

6 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

I just truly hate it when the detectives get all up in a suspect's space when questioning. 

Yeah, that bothered me, too. Scaring people into confessing doesn't help your case, 'cause people will say anything when they're afraid, whether it's true or not. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

When Canning was walking around in that field at the beginning and talking about how tough it is to walk around there 'cause of the brush and all, my mom commented on how weird it was that she was wearing a pair of pants that cut off above the ankles. 

And heels! 

• Love 8

I don't think the detectives were allowed to listen in to the convo between the mother and the suspect....or, at the very least, they felt that as his mother she was entitled to privacy when talking to Isaiah.

I couldn't figure out  Isaiah's father's logic either.  Your son borrows money from you -- so you are OK with his pressuring a friend (who was working and attending college, as others have pointed out) to shell out more money, when he's already forged a check on her account.  The father should have been on his son's case about why he was in such debt in the first place.

• Love 6

Hailey seemed to be described as a straight arrow, sensitive, extremely nice individual. What was she doing with all these people? 

1. Isaiah,  a guy who stole money from her and  forged checks on her account. 

2. Her childhood friend who had a baby by a guy who was known to be bad news.  A guy who she felt lied about how the baby died, and she thought was guilty of killing that baby, yet she’s over at their house the night she died. 

Then there is Isaiahs’ friend, who was with him even though he knew Isaiah had stolen a mutual friends TV. 

However, that doesn’t mean she deserved what happened to her. That’s all on Isaiah.  It’s not his  fathers fault even though he asked for his money back.  It wasn’t even clear that he knew about Isaiah’s theft and forgery. 

Mom should not have sprung that on the lawyer- although it’s possible the lawyer wanted to be kept in the dark about any possibility of Isaiah’s guilt.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5

I usually try not to blame the parents of young criminals but, dayum! Isaiah's father seems to think it's just fine for his son to be borrowing large sums of money from his girlfriends, girlfriends who are earning the same amount of money Isaiah  is, and his mother has taught him that, "It was an accident,"  is a literal get out of jail free card, assuming anyone would be dumb enough to think you could accidentally shoot someone in the center of the back of the head. I called "bad parenting," during the early part of his police interrogation because he was way, way too quick to say, "I apologize," when he was caught lying about where he dropped off Haylee.  Clearly someone had taught him that those magic words got him out of trouble every time.  I'll bet he told Haylee, "I apologize," when she confronted him over the forged check for 300 dollars.  I despise the whole family.

• Love 8