Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: In the Room

• Start Topic

The ladies treat Maggie to one last hurrah before the baby’s arrival, and the guys attend a Bruins game for the last time. Meanwhile, Eddie toys with the idea of going back to college and Rome anxiously awaits news about his father.

Original airdate 2/22/23

This was a tale of two episodes. One part of the episode, I really liked. The other part of the episode--not so much.

Probably isn't a shock, but I really liked the guys' half. The guys just hanging out and talking. I would love to see more of that.

I love escape rooms, but there was pretty much nothing I was feeling about the girls' half. Greta, you've got more chemistry with Eddie. Kathryn, you're a walking vacuum of personality and smugness. Maggie, you're just stupid. Gina and Sophie were there for the ride. But, hey, we finally found the one fan of Sophie's band! So that apparently still exists.

Heck, maybe the guys could have a rematch of the escape room. I'd happily watch that, even if they do get hints.

• Like 8

So it's established that Dr. Jessica didn't do anything wrong in taking the replacement gig, but Gary still feels the need to show up at her office to tell her off.  Sigh.  I also kind of wish the guys had at least mentioned to Gary that he has a kid coming, and the season ticket money might be better used as savings for the kid's potential needs.  I also would say Danny desperately needs friends his own age.  I know it isn't meant to be that way, but it's a little off watching a teenager spill about his sexual exploits to a bunch of 30/40-something men.  Though it did make me ask the question as to whether gay virgins need condoms when they have sex?  Finally, Eddie, you are going to be a non-traditional college student.  You don't go on the campus tour with a bunch of high school students and their parents.  You won't be staying in the dorms and don't need to know about the Greek scene on campus.  

As to the women, I can only hope Regina at least washed that harmonica she found in the rubble of a homeless encampment.  I just can't with the void that is Katherine and Greta, and Sophie also desperately needs friends her own age.     

• Like 16
  • Love 2

What did Maggie really think she was going to accomplish by storming into the audition? Maybe talk to your boss as an aside about it being a potential ethics issue?

I can see why Gary would feel the need to stop seeing Dr. Jessica to support Maggie, but he was overly rude to her. And it is kind of crappy of Maggie to make Gary think he has to stop seeing a therapist that was helping him because of that.

Can you really not have a call in radio show for a a couple hours a day and still see patients? I wouldn't think it would be a 40-hour a week commitment, and I especially wouldn't think you'd give up all your patients for a temporary gig.

There are lots of colleges in Boston. You'd think Eddie could find one that has a higher population of older students, or that is geared toward people who are also working full time? But good for him wanting to be a addiction counselor.

• Like 5

Sophie, please find some friends your own age. 

How odd that characters and Eddie mention Charlie but he never actually sees her. 

When Maggie was in the escape room, hung up the phone, took two steps and suddenly stopped and gasped, I thought her water broke or she got a serious labor pain or something. She was suddenly very anxious about getting the hell out and I was wondering why she wasn’t telling anyone else she might be in labor. 

• Like 5

Gary and Maggie are the worst. As already stated it wasn't Dr. Jessica's fault but Maggie and Gary's. I wonder how exactly Maggie told Gary. She already didn't like Dr. Jessica and could have easily told Gary in a way to make herself the victim and Dr. Jessica the villian. It's a really big reach assuming Dr. Jessica would use her sessions with Gary and audition for it.  Maggie's paranoia was way over the top and for her to think Dr. Jessica would violate so many ethics, it makes me wonder if it's Maggie's insecurities screaming or she feels karma is due given how she got the job and questionable things she did since. It was sooo arrogant of Maggie to think Colton would take her suggestions of people to replace her without thinking he will do his own research. Even if he did, Colton would realize Maggie's suggestions are not good for radio. I was happy he put Maggie in her place. He also needs to fire Claudia for leaking the audition. 

I don't understand why Eddie felt the need to go on a group tour with young students. He could have requested a private one since he is a former student. It has been over twenty years but other than new paint and slight upgrading for the current times, the buildings shouldn't have changed that much. A campus map would refresh him and all he needed to know is how handicap friendly the school is.

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Can you really not have a call in radio show for a a couple hours a day and still see patients? I wouldn't think it would be a 40-hour a week commitment, and I especially wouldn't think you'd give up all your patients for a temporary gig.

I think  Dr. Jessica said that to Gary because of where she was auditioning and knew it would he a conflict of interest for her to keep being HIS therapist if she got the job. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I don't understand why Eddie felt the need to go on a group tour with young students. He could have requested a private one since he is a former student. It has been over twenty years but other than new paint and slight upgrading for the current times, the buildings shouldn't have changed that much. A campus map would refresh him and all he needed to know is how handicap friendly the school is.

Every college in the US has an office for students with disabilities.  A quick call or email to them and they would've provided him with all the information he needed as well as set up a private tour with a guide in an accessible van.  That is why they exist.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I also enjoyed the guys' storyline this episode so much  more than the girls. Maggie is SO annoying with her self-righteous attitude. Gah!  I mean, I guess I should feel some sympathy for a very pregnant woman, but I felt none for her and her rising panic that she was losing control of her life. I kind of hope that the actual storyline is that many women who are expecting their first child operate under the assumption that their lives will not be all that disrupted until said child arrives and then they realize they can schedule and plan all they want, but baby may have other ideas. If that's Maggie's story, it could be a good one. LOL

I loved how well written the guys' conversation was and while I really doubt a young adult would go to his own parents rather than friends about his first sexual experience, it wasn't a bad scene. and the guys got across the point that he shouldn't worry about it being perfect. 

Poor Rome and his dad. I'm not looking forward to the Alzheimer's storyline.

• Like 3

This whacky show never disappoints.  Lol. Odd things that make no sense are what I expect.  I’m getting a late start on this season, but it’s pretty predictable.  

I fail to see the conflict of Gary’s therapist taking the pod cast job.  What am I missing?  If there’s any ethics issues Maggie should think back about her own on air disclosures.  

• Like 5

There isn't any conflict regarding Dr. Jessica. Maggie was just stupid. 

Maggie thought Dr. Jessica used Gary's sessions to gain insider information that Maggie's job would be available, which would be an ethics violation. However, that didn't happen. Gary gave her a shout-out when he was subbing, and Maggie's boss sought her out. He can hire anybody as a temporary replacement as he sees fit.

Maggie was also upset that her boss didn't consider her list of replacements. Again, stupid, because she was making fun of her list for not being good in radio.

In fact, Dr. Jessica did the right thing by telling Gary she has another gig and wouldn't be able to continue being his therapist. This is probably the ethical way to go, as there would be a slight conflict of interest there.

I will give Eddie the benefit of the doubt regarding the campus tour. It's possible that he saw a campus tour coming up and didn't realize that he could do it privately. Some non-traditional students may not know.

• Like 8

Having had NHL season tickets for many years once upon a time (Go Caps!), the chances of three season ticket holders being unaware of the game start time is zero. Also, day games are only scheduled on weekends and holidays, so I guess the Dr. Jessica interview was not held during normal business hours. That being said, I suppose it was a cute construct for the guys to have a meaningful conversation, even if they have been shown to attend very few games over the lifetime of the show.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

think  Dr. Jessica said that to Gary because of where she was auditioning and knew it would he a conflict of interest for her to keep being HIS therapist if she got the job. 

The only conflict of interest is in Maggie's tiny mind.  Dr Jessica did not drop Gary's name or use his relationship to Maggie to get what is, after all, a temporary job.  Presuming she is not discussing her private patients on the radio, which would violate HIPPAA; there is no reason she cannot do a radio show and continue to see private patients in an office setting.  Certainly, making Gary aware that she was working at the station where his girlfriend worked was her responsibility- presuming Gary had actually divulged that information to her- so that he could decide if that was too close for comfort; but there is no inherent conflict of interest in her taking the job.  

here isn't any conflict regarding Dr. Jessica. Maggie was just stupid. 

Maggie thought Dr. Jessica used Gary's sessions to gain insider information that Maggie's job would be available, which would be an ethics violation. However, that didn't happen. Gary gave her a shout-out when he was subbing, and Maggie's boss sought her out. He can hire anybody as a temporary replacement as he sees fit.

Maggie was also upset that her boss didn't consider her list of replacements. Again, stupid, because she was making fun of her list for not being good in radio.

Even if Gary told her about the job opening during a session, it was not a conflict for her to pursue it as long as she didn't use her connection to Gary to get the interview.  If she called his boss and said that she was the Dr. Jessica that Gary spoke about on the radio; yes, that's wrong.  But, if the boss sought her out after hearing Gary talk about how good she was, there's no issue.

As for Maggie thinking that she has any sort of power when it comes to naming her maternity leave sub; it just shows how dumb she is.  If her boss asked for suggestions; fine.  But, if he doesn't want her input, then shut up.  I expect that Maggie deliberately chose a bunch of options who were dull as dirt and not suited to talk radio to make sure she was always #1 with TPTB because she behaves like a jealous 14 year old most of the time, but she still isn't the one to choose the replacement.  Never was.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, historylover820 said:

There isn't any conflict regarding Dr. Jessica. Maggie was just stupid. 

I think Maggie was jealous of Jessica and worried she will be so good she won't get her job back which very likely wasn't going to happen but after she confronted her boss, he might have an excuse to get rid of her if Dr. Jessica proves to be better than her.

27 minutes ago, MissPriss said:

These misfits. No wonder Jon killed himself. 

I know I shouldn't laugh but I did 🤣

23 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I expect that Maggie deliberately chose a bunch of options who were dull as dirt and not suited to talk radio to make sure she was always #1 with TPTB because she behaves like a jealous 14 year old most of the time, but she still isn't the one to choose the replacement.  Never was.

That's exactly what she did. She made fun of one of the candidates tp Gary for having a nasal voice and bragged Colton will be begging she return.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

I think Maggie was jealous of Jessica and worried she will be so good she won't get her job back which very likely wasn't going to happen but after she confronted her boss, he might have an excuse to get rid of her if Dr. Jessica proves to be better than her.

I know I shouldn't laugh but I did 🤣

That's exactly what she did. She made fun of one of the candidates tp Gary for having a nasal voice and bragged Colton will be begging she return.

And, as we've said all along, as a pregnant woman taking FMLA,  Maggie's job is guaranteed for up to 12 weeks of maternity leave.  Which makes it look even dumber that she thinks she will lose her job.  Colton doesn't have to beg her to return to work, if she wants to  keep her job, it is hers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

That episode was at least a little better than the last two, I liked the guys hanging out and only Maggie and Gary really annoyed me (as they usually do) but its only really good in comparison to the rest of the crappy season. Maggie and Gary are just so insufferable, especially Maggie, of course she would presume to make a whole list of her temporary replacements even though no one asked her to and she has no say in who replaces her, and of course she deliberately tries to find people who she thinks wont sound good on the radio so everyone will be praying that she returns. Its so on brand, she just cant resist being a petty self centered asshole. Then she loses her shit and messed up everyone elses fun at the escape room, not to mention damaging the escape room, because in Maggie's world rules don't apply to her and everyone is a supporting character in her latest drama. She's probably just freaking out because she's insecure about not really being that good at her job and that Dr. Jessica is more qualified than she is. Dr. Jessica taking Maggie's job is weird but its not unethical or based on anything that Gary said in their sessions, Maggie and Gary are just overly dramatic and self centered. Dr. Jessica already told Gary that she wouldn't be his therapist, she hasn't done anything wrong, but of course they have to insult her and accuse her of being part of some kind of evil scheme to steal Maggie's job. 

Danny and Sophie desperately need to find friends their own age. Its nice that they have adults who they can come to when they are worried about something, but I feel like these are really things most teens and young adults would talk to their friends about and not the weird circle of adults that they spend all of their time with. 

I'm glad that Eddie is going back to school, even if that college tour bit was really awkward. I don't buy that Eddie would go on a college tour with a bunch of undergrads, that whole scene just existed to show that Eddie was insecure about being older and in college. There are tons of non traditional students at most colleges, it wouldn't be just him. Also, one of these days we should probably unpack the fact that Eddie was blackout drunk when he lost his virginity, that's pretty messed up. 

I liked the talk between Sophie and Regina, I can imagine how hard it would be for Sophie to get back into the dating scene after what happened, I hope that this guy is nice and even if they don't last he can be a good experience that can help Sophie feel more comfortable. 

When they gave Katherine that awful haircut did they also hack her personality off? She's so boring now and she was really dismissive and smug with Greta. If Katherine really never wants to get married and Greta really does, I would think that this is something they should really talk about. And all of this starts because Theo had to run in and be precocious, even as he is visibly growing and nearing puberty, which makes it even more awkward that they write him as a five year old. 

• Like 4

Gary and Maggie are the worst. Just the worst. They are truly the most self-centered people on earth. 

I've mentioned before that I spent the early part of my career working in radio so Maggie's stories have always driven me crazy but this was just a perfect storm of bad writing. She came off as utterly unprofessional and delusional and I'm really glad her boss called her on it. Meanwhile Gary was just a dick to a therapist who just last week he called one of the best. I hate both these people and I hate the idea of them raising a child.

I did like Danny talking with the guys about his plans. I know these people are Codependent Weirdoes but I'm glad the show gave us a scene of Danny being able to open up to older men. We need more examples of healthy masculinity in pop culture.

Regina just goes from one stray to another. Tyrell is just a memory so now she's found a new lost puppy to adopt in Harmonica Guy.

Greta is way too good for Katherine.

Edited by marceline
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Also, one of these days we should probably unpack the fact that Eddie was blackout drunk when he lost his virginity, that's pretty messed up. 

How do he know exactly what happened if he has no memory of it?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

He doesn't. He was black-out drunk when it happened and has no memory of it. Doesn't mean he doesn't know that it happened. He just has no memory of it.

But the point is, how does he know what happened if he doesn't remember. I mean someone could tell him that he did a flamenco dance on the table without his pants, but if he doesn't remember, it could be a lie.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

But the point is, how does he know what happened if he doesn't remember. I mean someone could tell him that he did a flamenco dance on the table without his pants, but if he doesn't remember, it could be a lie.

We don't know exactly what happened, but he could probably figure it out, especially if the person he was with was right there or told him afterwards. They could technically be lying, but there didn't seem to be a motive to lie from what we know. Not too get too graphic, but there are probably a lot of...context clues where someone can guess that they had sex even if they don't remember how things happened. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Notabug said:

And, as we've said all along, as a pregnant woman taking FMLA,  Maggie's job is guaranteed for up to 12 weeks of maternity leave.  Which makes it look even dumber that she thinks she will lose her job.  Colton doesn't have to beg her to return to work, if she wants to  keep her job, it is hers.

The trick there, though, is that they can just fire you a day later. The FMLA is a very good law, but it is not THAT protective (I've seen first hand someone fired as soon as they returned). There just has to be a non-discriminatory reason for the termination (in that real life example, the firm who employed her was practically bankrupt, so couldn't afford support staff like her anymore). 

With something like radio, "we like this other person better" is probably grounds enough. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

I’m glad that they had Maggie & Gary find out about Dr Jessica relatively quickly and established that she was the one approached for the position rather than gaining it through nefarious means.  I was less pleased with how Maggie and Gary handled it.  

Both inappropriately storming in to act as if Maggie should have hiring/firing power at her job.  Is she even a producer?  Even if she were, the station manager would still have the final say.  I know this isn’t what Maggie wants to hear, but if she *really* wants to prevent having a sub for her show, there’s the options of 1) not waiting until her third trimester to address these issues or 2) not taking leave at all.

Does Danny literally not have any gay friends?  Or friends, in general? Of course not, he and Sophie are total BFFs with their dead dad’s 40-something friends and that’s totally not concerning at all.  That sex talk was completely cringe to me.  I realize that a network TV show probably wouldn’t be able to get into it in detail,  but the mechanics of losing one’s gay virginity are decidedly different than the mechanics of losing one’s straight virginity.  Danny couldn’t have rung up the queer soldier from a few episodes ago?

Edited by Lethallyfab
Maggie
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

Well, but if someone told him he had sex, he would never know if they were lying, so then he'd still never be sure what his first time was.

Why is Eddie taking in-person classes?  My husband completed his bachelors and is currently doing his masters and only had to take one in-person class. 

the rest… meh. Glad this is the final season, tbh. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Glad this is the final season, tbh.

I haven't watched the episode yet but this is pretty much the only reason I'm still here. I mean, I got this far, may as well see how bad it gets. (Same reason I stuck it out with Glee...)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
57 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I haven't watched the episode yet but this is pretty much the only reason I'm still here. I mean, I got this far, may as well see how bad it gets. (Same reason I stuck it out with Glee...)

This is sort of my feeling.  I can barely believe that I’ve watched the entire thing!  I’m not sure why, except that I thought the first couple of episodes were interesting.  The whole thing about the good friend taking his life led me to believe we would see something unique.  It wasn’t like I expected.  

• Like 2
On 2/22/2023 at 11:38 PM, txhorns79 said:

I also kind of wish the guys had at least mentioned to Gary that he has a kid coming, and the season ticket money might be better used as savings for the kid's potential needs. 

Oh.  I remembered I wanted to respond to this.  Despite them having a baby, I TOTALLY get why Gary would still want to hold on the Bruins season pass tickets.  My husband has had Patriots season tickets for over 20 years.  He doesn't even really go anymore, but if he were to let them go he'd never be able to get them again considering the wait list.  Instead, he sells the tickets to friends and people he trusts to not start a riot.   So, I didn't even question Gary wanting the tickets, despite how much they cost.  He could easily get his money back by selling the tickets. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

With something like radio, "we like this other person better" is probably grounds enough. 

Well, Maggie deserves to be fired for her lack of professionalism alone. And she deserves to be fired because I cannot see her as a good therapist. I don't think this kind of shows are 100% ethical. It might help some people but it is too much exposure for comfort in my opinion.

Maggie is a drama queen. What was that tantrum in the escape room? WTF woman, get yourself together! Ruining everyone else's fun because she has to be the center of attention. 

I agree that Danny and Sophie need friends their own age but I could see a scenario where they are looking for some adult support, since they were basically abandoned by their mother. Key word is COULD. With these writers, we can only hope they would make sense. The way they did was pretty sad, really. Teenagers who have to join adult events just because. At least Danny left, and Sophie found a fan. Baby steps

Eddie should have turned around and given up on the tour. Why? Why does he need to know what the buildings are, he already does know the place anyway. He knows how a college routine. As observed, all he needs to know is where disabled students can find support and - certainly - complaints. OF course, if the office is not in some basement, like it happens in some colleges 🙄

Award for character assassination goes to the writer in charge of Katherine. Turnaround in personality. UGH!

I don't mind the Alzheimer's story too much, my complaint is that it is silly to throw such a complex story when this is the last season. But what am I saying? Why am I expecting reason and logic from the writers? At least the actors are doing a relatively good job with the material they were given.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

Oh.  I remembered I wanted to respond to this.  Despite them having a baby, I TOTALLY get why Gary would still want to hold on the Bruins season pass tickets.  My husband has had Patriots season tickets for over 20 years.  He doesn't even really go anymore, but if he were to let them go he'd never be able to get them again considering the wait list.  Instead, he sells the tickets to friends and people he trusts to not start a riot.   So, I didn't even question Gary wanting the tickets, despite how much they cost.  He could easily get his money back by selling the tickets. 

My ex has Celtics season tickets and with Stub Hub he almost always sells the tickets he can't use. In fact, he sold some for playoff games, because they were going for so much, rather than attend those games in person. Boston is a HUGE sports town. I remember when it was near impossible to get tickets to a Red Sox/Yankees game here in Fenway.  The Bruins love is one thing they get right on this show.  They seem to have steered away from Tom Brady and the Patriots. 

5 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

My ex has Celtics season tickets and with Stub Hub he almost always sells the tickets he can't use. In fact, he sold some for playoff games, because they were going for so much, rather than attend those games in person. Boston is a HUGE sports town. I remember when it was near impossible to get tickets to a Red Sox/Yankees game here in Fenway.  The Bruins love is one thing they get right on this show.  They seem to have steered away from Tom Brady and the Patriots. 

My husband MUCH prefers hockey, but he wasn't able to get Bruins season tickets and "settled" for Patriots lol.  You are right.  Boston (and all of Mass) is HUGE into sports.  Sometimes it's hard for someone like me who doesn't care about any sport.  ;) 

I am confused about the way they've portrayed Maggie's career.  She just seems so bad at her job.  And I never really got her show.  Is it a podcast?  An actual radio show?  I thought awhile back they said podcast, but it's been structured like a regular radio show with live callers, so I don't know. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

My husband MUCH prefers hockey, but he wasn't able to get Bruins season tickets and "settled" for Patriots lol.  You are right.  Boston (and all of Mass) is HUGE into sports.  Sometimes it's hard for someone like me who doesn't care about any sport.  ;) 

I am confused about the way they've portrayed Maggie's career.  She just seems so bad at her job.  And I never really got her show.  Is it a podcast?  An actual radio show?  I thought awhile back they said podcast, but it's been structured like a regular radio show with live callers, so I don't know. 

I think she started out doing a podcast and then kind snaked her way into her current hosting position. The original host for that show was portrayed as somewhat ruthless and not as caring or dedicated to healing as Maggie (of course) so Maggie stepped in when that host was fired.

It seems to me that Dr. Jessica has been helping Gary, and if Maggie was a really great therapist, she would see that. I guess her baby hormones are making her unreasonable?  Which is not a flattering portrayal of a pregnant working woman. How far we have come. 🤪 I love it when shows pit women against each other, competing for partners and jobs, instead of uplifting each other. UGH.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

She started out with a podcast. Remember that's where Sophie called out Peter as a predator. I can't remember how she ended up in this gig that she is clearly unqualified for.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

It seems to me that Dr. Jessica has been helping Gary, and if Maggie was a really great therapist, she would see that. I guess her baby hormones are making her unreasonable?  Which is not a flattering portrayal of a pregnant working woman. How far we have come. 🤪 I love it when shows pit women against each other, competing for partners and jobs, instead of uplifting each other. UGH.

Yeah, the writing is a book of old cliches about pregnant women and hormones. While hormones do affect certain aspects of a woman's perceptions, it is not like they completely lose reason and basic politeness. Maggie is clueless, she thinks too highly of herself and this group of people only see the good on their own. Everybody else is either wrong, useless or horrible people. 

One thing to celebrate is that we don't have to go through seasons of Gary and Maggie raising a kid. Can you imagine what those two personalities could produce? 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is sort of my feeling.  I can barely believe that I’ve watched the entire thing!  I’m not sure why, except that I thought the first couple of episodes were interesting.  The whole thing about the good friend taking his life led me to believe we would see something unique.  It wasn’t like I expected.  

Exactly. They all but forgot about Jon by about the third season.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I cringed when Danny started talking about his BF and their plans for their anniversary, guessing where it was going to go, but I thought it ended up being a nice scene to show how the guys are acting as his surrogate fathers.

However, considering Theo Harvard material?  Just no.  I mean, it's early, but he still seems so immature for whatever his age is supposed to be.

• Like 3
On 2/23/2023 at 12:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

I don't buy that Eddie would go on a college tour with a bunch of undergrads, that whole scene just existed to show that Eddie was insecure about being older and in college. There are tons of non traditional students at most colleges, it wouldn't be just him.

Also, all of the addiction specialists I read about are former addicts, therefore older than most college students. I agree with whoever above said he likely could do all of the classes online. Else it has to be that of the over 200 colleges in Boston, only this one offers his major AND doesn't offer online classes. And neither does any other school in the whole USA.

The FMLA is a very good law, but it is not THAT protective (I've seen first hand someone fired as soon as they returned). There just has to be a non-discriminatory reason for the termination (in that real life example, the firm who employed her was practically bankrupt, so couldn't afford support staff like her anymore). 

Right. And what happens with many people after significant time off is that the employees covering for them find out how poorly they were doing their job and therefore they return and are fired for cause.

16 hours ago, ams1001 said:

We save AMLT for after our weekly beer night. It's such a bad show.

Not looking forward to the Alzheimer's story line b/c have had that in my family. What tests exactly did his father have done, though? Usually it's diagnosed through conversations with the patient. Diagnostics might be done solely to rule out other possibilities. The show made it seem like his diagnosis depended on whether an MRI instead showed he has some other condition.

Edited by smartymarty
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

We save AMLT for after our weekly beer night. It's such a bad show.

I can't take it after My 600 Pound Life. Also it's not worth staying up until 11 for; if I save it I can get ready for bed earlier. I was watching on Thursday (along with The Conners since that's on during M600PL...and also such a bad show) but now Grey's is back so I'll watch tonight.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:54 AM, Arcadiasw said:

Maggie, with her ridiculous conclusion jumping and out-of-control temper and jealousy, just shot herself in the foot. And how did she not know Gary mentioned Jessica on the air when she was listening to him the whole time and cringing?

I felt bad for Greta when Theo said he wouldn’t mind Katherine and Greta getting married and Katherine was immediately “THAT’S not happening” right in front of her without discussing it with her privately. Rude, tactless, hurtful. I think Katherine really meant she wasn’t up for that any time soon after all she went through with Eddie, but how could she not see how it would come across to Greta?

It sounds like Eddie didn’t get very far in college the first time around. So wouldn’t it make more sense for him to get a bunch of prerequisites out of the way at a community college? I can’t imagine working as a rideshare driver earns him enough to pay hus tuition for 3-4 years at a private college.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, historylover820 said:

He doesn't. He was black-out drunk when it happened and has no memory of it. Doesn't mean he doesn't know that it happened. He just has no memory of it.

The really disturbing thing about that? He was already getting blackout drunk as, presumably, a teenager!

• Like 2

I know this won’t happen, and I only say this because she’s a fictional character, but I hope Maggie dies during childbirth.  She’s a narcissistic shrew!  And I’m not sure if I want Gary to raise baby Jon (we all know that’s going to be his name 🙄).  Maybe he’ll be so traumatized by her death that he gives the baby to Rome and Regina.  Or Danny and Sophie 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

One more thing. Did the stories the men told Danny about their first times really help? How about "everyone fumbles about their first time," or "just communicate with your partner." I didn't think "her parents watched" or "blockbuster employees played my tape asking a girl out" could help first-time jitters.

• Like 2

So Maggie banked episodes without being told to, and then decided they needed a list of potential guest-hosts even though they didn't ask... presumptuous, isn't she? (And wouldn't she think** if they wanted her input he would have asked her when he told her there would be a fill-in?)

**I know, rhetorical.

Should Maggie really be telling her coworkers who Gary's therapist is..?

"Who is more talented than you are?"
Ummm........👀

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2
On 2/22/2023 at 9:15 PM, KaveDweller said:

That's what I was thinking.  I also suspect she'd be taking a large pay cut.

Regarding the FMLA, have they actually mentioned Maggie being entitled to it?  The company has to have a minimum of 50 employees to be obliged to offer it.  Is that 50 full-time employees?  It wouldn't surprise me if most of the show hosts were part-time or working as contractors.

• Like 2

I didn’t enjoy this episode at all because of Maggie and Gary. Both are insufferable in their own way. Feel like slapping them when Gary told Dr. Jessica that she isn’t as good as Maggie and when Maggie was making fun on the list she made for her boss. Assholes!

And what happens to Maggie’s hyperemesis gravidarum that’s so prominent last week? It’s gone now? 🙄

I used to like Katherine very much, not anymore. I like Greta now, she’s way more grounded than Katherine. AMLT has totally ruined Katherine’s character and style. It’s too bad.

Danny’s scene with his fav uncles, talking about his anniversary’s plan, it’s cringey.

At 13/14yo, Theo Saville is still negotiating his screen time with mommy. He is definitely NOT a Harvard material. Are you kidding me??! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I used to like Katherine very much, not anymore. I like Greta now, she’s way more grounded than Katherine. AMLT has totally ruined Katherine’s character and style. It’s too bad.

And can we talk about the (supposedly) smart, competent lawyer who has saved her friends' asses more than once putting as her emergency contact one of the people who would be locked in the room with her (without her phone, even)?

(Did they actually have to leave their phones outside? If so, why did Maggie have hers in the room?)