Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: In the Room

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

And can we talk about the (supposedly) smart, competent lawyer who has saved her friends' asses more than once putting as her emergency contact one of the people who would be locked in the room with her (without her phone, even)?

US: That’s illogical.

WRITERS: Awww, that’s a sweet gesture. They’re so in love…

😆😆😆

20 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

(Did they actually have to leave their phones outside? If so, why did Maggie have hers in the room?)

That coordinator lady took Maggie’s phone while Claudia was telling her about Dr. Jessica.

• Like 3
On 2/24/2023 at 10:40 AM, circumvent said:

Yeah, the writing is a book of old cliches about pregnant women and hormones. While hormones do affect certain aspects of a woman's perceptions, it is not like they completely lose reason and basic politeness. Maggie is clueless, she thinks too highly of herself and this group of people only see the good on their own. Everybody else is either wrong, useless or horrible people. 

One thing to celebrate is that we don't have to go through seasons of Gary and Maggie raising a kid. Can you imagine what those two personalities could produce? 

I've never been pregnant, but I've always heard of something called "pregancy brain" that is caused by hormones. And that might be what the writers think they're writing. And look at how clever they are and patting themselves on the back for coming up with this.

But... Maggie has always been this way. So, no one can say that it's due to her pregancy. And the sad thing is that everything she did in this episode is completely in-character for her.

It's in character for her to be presuming that she will have the say so on her replacement, yet be making fun of the ones on her list. It's in character for her to throw a temper tantrum in the escape room, damaging it. It's in character for her to rush to her place of work and make a fool of herself. (You know, I'm supposed to dislike Dr. Jessica and the boss. I don't dislike either one of them. Dr. Jessica seemed nice and probably a lot more competent than Maggie. And I liked the boss, Colton, putting Maggie in her place.)

And since we spend so much time with her, she's one of the writers' favorite characters, the writers want us to think that she's now feeling like her life is spinning out of control, when she's always been this way. Always been the drama queen. Always lashing out. Always making fun of those she thinks are inferior to her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

That coordinator lady took Maggie’s phone while Claudia was telling her about Dr. Jessica.

I know, but she did bring it into the room with her, while Greta implied that she couldn't even bring hers in. (Not that I'd expect Maggie to think the rules apply to her, too.)

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I know, but she did bring it into the room with her, while Greta implied that she couldn't even bring hers in. (Not that I'd expect Maggie to think the rules apply to her, too.)

Yeah but we saw the organiser lady in the escape room with a basket asking for their phones; I think Greta threw her phone in and then organiser lady grabbed Maggie's.

• Like 3

Have these writers ever met real women?  No pregnant woman waits until her 7th month to have a discussion with HR and her boss about the logistics of her medical leave.  Maggie, the supposedly brilliant psychologist who supposedly helps other people with their problems, is also supposedly too dumb to look into her company policies, and too afraid to have a conversation about her pregnancy?  And then go insane about a fill-in without asking a single question or getting any facts?  WTF?  What would she tell a caller?

"Hi Doc, I'm 7 months pregnant and I don't know what's going to happen when I go on maternity leave or how long I can take.  I'm very stressed out about it, and it's affecting my judgment, my job and my relationship."

"Well, that's a tough one, Caller.  If I were in your shoes, I would do nothing and wait until my boss brings it up.  Then I'd lose my  mind and make a fool of myself.  Good luck."

I also don't understand what the writers are doing with Sophie.  If they wanted her on the show, instead of out touring with her band, then why didn't they have her go to her music school instead of whatever this is supposed to be?  School could offer story lines for her, and friends, plus she could be around for escape rooms. 

Edited by izabella
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1

Y’all…can we talk about how wheelchair user Eddie was sitting in a non accessible seat at the stadium. Did they carry him down all those steps? Where was the wheelchair? Was he ok with that? Perhaps I am taking this all much too literally but that really annoyed me. 

Is the show trying to make Dr Jessica into some sort of villain? 

Greta should run very far from Katherine and her horrifying haircut. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Some would say that Maggie and Gary hate Dr Jessica out of jealousy for actually being good at her job, but one couldn’t say that, because that would imply that Gary actually goes to his job.  I’m rewatching Frasier and I’m not necessarily saying that Maggie needs a Roz to call her on her BS, but I do think it would be immensely satisfying for her (or any of these characters) to have a Roz to call her on her BS. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, hoosiergirl said:

Y’all…can we talk about how wheelchair user Eddie was sitting in a non accessible seat at the stadium. Did they carry him down all those steps? Where was the wheelchair? Was he ok with that? Perhaps I am taking this all much too literally but that really annoyed me. 

You are right to be annoyed. Adding to your very good observation,  Gary said he was going to keep THOSE SEATS. They could have made a point that he would keep the seats and make sure they had one appropriate for Eddie. Wheelchair users don't really appreciate being carried around. 

• Like 2

And with those seats in the stadium are they really going to carry Eddie down the stairs in a stadium full of people??? I mean really. Where’s the wheelchair going to stay at that point? With Herb the usher??

I love Romany Malco and his storyline is so sad. I wish he could get his happy ending too. 

Edited by hoosiergirl
On 2/28/2023 at 4:59 AM, hoosiergirl said:

Is the show trying to make Dr Jessica into some sort of villain? 

Most definitely (in that scene at the end with her and Colton, the music, her smile, I was expecting her to twirl a mustache lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I lived next door to the launry rooom in college so I can say that I know some very, very, every, very book smart people who got to college with very, very few life skills and very little emotional maturity   Of all th things I think bout Theo his being a child's child doesn't preclude him entry to Harvard.   

• Like 2

I hated Maggie’s meltdown in front of Doctor Jessica and Colton — really hated it. It just made her look stupid and gave Creepy Colton the upper hand in a way I don’t need to see. (David Walton is unnervingly good at playing creeptastic boss man!)

• Like 1