Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Weight Women Can't Jump

• Start Topic

The BFFs struggle with the rigors of Fit Farm; Ashely learns to push herself past her comfort zone; Vannessa realizes she's capable of more than she thought; Meghan faces uncomfortable truths about her upcoming wedding; Tina finally snaps.

Original air date 2023.02.08

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Only reason I watch at this point is to see if Tina & her husband have the balls to send Meghan & John on their way. 

Can it be any more boring that that 600 pound episode we just watch?

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4

Does Ashley always demand comfort and convenience?  If I went to a Fit Farm, I wouldn’t expect to sleep in and move throughout the day at a leisurely pace.  Lol. I wish they’d have gotten more motivated people in the cast.  

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

So this is Ashely's year to be the asshole....

That's sad, because I've always liked her. I also think even though she is currently the heaviest, I think she is probably has the best weight distribution.

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does Ashley always demand comfort and convenience?  If I went to a Fit Farm, I wouldn’t expect to sleep in and move throughout the day at a leisurely pace.  Lol. I wish they’d have gotten more motivated people in the cast.  

That would be Vannessa this year. I would be exhausted just getting the other women to mooove. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ms. Me said:

This so called "fit farm" seems so fake- the instructors aren't giving any guidance on form or how to do the exercises.  These out of shape ladies could really hurt themselves.

On 600 lb life they show them working with trainers. The workout was fairly basic and focused on form and simple cardio. They aren’t training for the military.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 7

I will say that for a large person with a big behind, they need a bike with a larger seat.  A small seat would be painful.  

Asley eats fried chicken and regular coke for breakfast!  Omg, that’s just ridiculous.  Regular Coke is such a waste of your calories.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ladybugnine said:

They're acting like this course is set 6-10 feet from the ground.

It has to feel like that if you are that large. A fall could be devastating.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I will say that for a large person with a big behind, they need a bike with a larger seat.  A small seat would be painful.  

Asley eats fried chicken and regular coke for breakfast!  Omg, that’s just ridiculous.  Regular Coke is such a waste of your calories.  

But Diet Coke is so vile!

Does meghan ever stop having hissy fits?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Since I injured my knee, (one is diagnosed torn meniscus and the other is likely), I’m very cautious.  I re-injured it several months ago and since then, I’m super careful.  Using it is okay.  I just have to avoid twisting or straining it too much.  I doubt I would have gotten on the boards.  Benefit vs. risk analysis doesn’t cut it for me.  Lol

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Vannessa had fun….I never thought I would see her succeed given her attitude last season. Good for,her. Her weight distribution is terrible poor thing.

Yeah but it will be easy to lop that flap off & she's probably gonna look great, assuming she keeps up the great work. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Vannessa had fun….I never thought I would see her succeed given her attitude last season. Good for,her. Her weight distribution is terrible poor thing.

I have never seen a figure like hers!

• Like 6
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

Yeah but it will be easy to lop that flap off & she's probably gonna look great, assuming she keeps up the great work. 

She does have nice thin limbs. Not much more under-the-arm flap than we all tend to get at a certain age. 

• Like 5

Nothing would motivate me less than someone busting into my room uninvited with a bullhorn, yelling Wake Up! Wake Up!

I’d have left that farm day one. I hate that ‘break you down to build you up’ crap. I wouldn’t have screamed at everyone, but I wouldn’t have been all rah rah we walked on the boards! woohoo! high-fiving everyone. I hate that crap. Lol

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

This show is exhausting.

I so agree that it would be much more interesting with tailored exercise programs, cooking demos, and fashions/makeup to improve morale. 

Balancing on wooden planks, bullhorns and screaming sessions doesn’t cut it for me. 

Next week…riding a bull. Really?  I guess I’m not sophisticated enough for this program. 

The Learning Channel.  Yeah. Right. 

A long time ago I had an exercise bike with a much wider seat, and it was comfortable.   I don't know why they expected the women to fit on those bicycles with the tiny seats, and do a spin class.   Breakfast looked disgusting.    The boards course was bizarre, and dangerous for the women.     One fall and it could be life threatening.   Those boards weren't strong enough and wide enough to support the women.     That showed me that the Fit Farm was a terrible idea.     Vannessa was trying to encourage Meghan, not hurt her.   Ashely did very good on the board course.   Meghan just has to be the center of attention, and she'll do anything be the star of the show.       

• Like 7
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, swankie said:

I've tried so hard to understand this.  Did I miss something?  Who is Spencer?

He’s the co-founder of Uqora, a supplement that’s supposed to prevent bladder infections. He and his wife are on the commercials talking about how she had several UTIs last year. This led people on the 90 Days and 600 Lb Life live chats to suspect that Spencer's hygiene might be a little, shall we say, lacking.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, swankie said:

I've tried so hard to understand this.  Did I miss something?  Who is Spencer?

Like magemaud said, the co-founder of Uqora,  and the ads are shown many times during shows like this. It is dirty "dick" Spencer, hence the frequent bladder infections.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Vanessa has such thin legs, what a relief it’ll be for her to get that stomach cut off!  And I nearly missed her say someone pushed her off a balance beam and she was in a hip to ankle cast, in hospital for a year? Damn!   Her attitude is 180 from the first time we saw her. She’s really motivated.  I can see how her digs can sting different now that she’s the thinnest, but Megan is too resentful of her success.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

I wonder why these shows rely on such extreme programs.  I guess they think it’s entertaining.  I looked into this place to see if it’s for real.  They are near Atlanta, right?  I found this.  Does the lady on the website look familiar?  

Or this?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1

It’s definitely the second option. The first looks quite luxurious and probably more what the women had in mind when they booked a retreat. Rustic #2 was the reality. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3

Meahan so freaking whiney, ugh she is exhausting. I agree with @PsychoKlown that it should have been tailored more for low impact training and cooking healthy rather then this. Ashely disappointed me this week. I seem to remember this fit farm on an episode of skanky mama June.

Still laughing at dirty d*ck Spencer - you all made my day!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

This show is exhausting.

I so agree that it would be much more interesting with tailored exercise programs, cooking demos, and fashions/makeup to improve morale. 

Balancing on wooden planks, bullhorns and screaming sessions doesn’t cut it for me. 

Next week…riding a bull. Really?  I guess I’m not sophisticated enough for this program. 

The Learning Channel.  Yeah. Right. 

Oh surely you jest.  May I submit for your consideration TLC's latest offering MILF Manor???

• LOL 7
21 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Nothing would motivate me less than someone busting into my room uninvited with a bullhorn, yelling Wake Up! Wake Up!

I’d have left that farm day one. I hate that ‘break you down to build you up’ crap. I wouldn’t have screamed at everyone, but I wouldn’t have been all rah rah we walked on the boards! woohoo! high-fiving everyone. I hate that crap. Lol

I was happy to see each of the ladies break through at some level, but yes, that "coach" couldn't have been more annoying.  I'm surprised she hasn't gotten that bullhorn shoved down her throat several times by now. 

• LOL 7

Low impact is all they should be doing for now. That kind of weight slamming down on their ankles and knees is a recipe for disaster. They did do some low impact stuff, the walking, bike, pulley weights. It was just too much all at once. The point is to make exercise something you can motivate yourself to do even if you hate it. Not make it so painful and humiliating that you despise every second of it. But this is tv. They always have to 'Biggest Loser' the hell out of all the obese people just for daring to exist.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I was surprised about several things this episode (and last).  First, they are all on a weight loss journey and they had a hard time walking half a mile?  That is only two times around a track.  I could better understand it if they had current mobility issues but it looks like they don't other than mobility avoidance.

Second, were they really surprised by the meals and portions?  I thought they might have been (but I'm not going back to re-watch); shouldn't this be standard patient education both pre- and post-surgery?

Third, I was mortified watching the spin class.  I ride bikes and sometimes narrow saddles (where weight rests on "sit bones") can be more comfortable than wider saddles.  But I was really worried about their thighs and them rubbing together.  That was not a good cardio option.  The balance board obstacle course seemed way too dangerous to me.  I think a fall could result in a very serious injury.

I really hope they all succeed.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
54 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Nothing about the fitness farm was safe for the four women to do.   I'm really surprised no one was seriously injured, or ended up in the hospital.   

Definitely not safe. I want to be inspired by and not scared for people.

I have a feeling many of us would like to see the healthy cooking episode.  Also how to exercise safely.

• Like 4

I still like Vanessa and her attitude.   Ashley ? Not so much ..  she showed her true colors in this episode.  It's not flattering.                              Edit:   ok   I fishished watching all of the episode.... I guess everyone had attitude tonight ☺️

Edited by suev3333
Different thoughts after finishing the whole episode
  • Like 2
On 2/8/2023 at 9:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Right she tells Proctor she wants to lose weight and he recommends this place.  Did she think the calories would melt off while she lounged on the patio?

On 2/8/2023 at 9:28 PM, Suzywriter said:

But Diet Coke is so vile!

Does meghan ever stop having hissy fits?

Coke Zero is much closer to the real thing.

• Like 4
On 2/8/2023 at 9:39 PM, Suzywriter said:

I have never seen a figure like hers!

It’s like an upside down mushroom.

20 hours ago, magemaud said:

He’s the co-founder of Uqora, a supplement that’s supposed to prevent bladder infections. He and his wife are on the commercials talking about how she had several UTIs last year. This led people on the 90 Days and 600 Lb Life live chats to suspect that Spencer's hygiene might be a little, shall we say, lacking.  

Maybe she just wipes back to front.

14 hours ago, Kid said:

OMG!!!!  Meghan had a splinter!!!  Call the paramedics!!!  Stat!!!

When her ankles must be screaming every day.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s like an upside down mushroom.

Maybe she just wipes back to front.

When her ankles must be screaming every day.

I feel like you deserve some kerosene soaked knickers. Don't worry, there is a fun bus of us. 

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Could we have kippers for breakfast, mummy dear mummy dear?

Thank you for sending me down a rabbit hole. I love that song.

I had to hunt for the edit option.

Edited by nokat
  • Like 2