Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Ghost Hunter

Neptune
  • Start Topic

“Ghost Hunter” – Sam and Jay’s assistant, Freddie (Mike Lane), purchases ghost-hunting equipment when suspicious activity leads him to theorize the B&B is haunted. Also, Sasappis risks losing his relationship with Jessica (Nichole Sakura) when Freddie sells his car, on the CBS Original series GHOSTS, Thursday, Feb. 2 (8:31-9:01 PM, ET/PT)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Neptune said:

“Ghost Hunter” – Sam and Jay’s assistant, Freddie (Mike Lane), purchases ghost-hunting equipment when suspicious activity leads him to theorize the B&B is haunted. Also, Sasappis risks losing his relationship with Jessica (Nichole Sakura) when Freddie sells his car, on the CBS Original series GHOSTS, Thursday, Feb. 2 (8:31-9:01 PM, ET/PT)

Noting the air date of February 2 and that the next 2 weeks are reruns    
——and also wondering if this episode description👆 is the final, official episode description? Because in “Sasappis risks losing his relationship with Jessica (Nichole Sakura) when Freddie sells his car,” “risks” is a puzzling word choice. 
And now I’m imagining a lot of automobile wrecking yards are like permanently living at Woodstock if you’re a ghost.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Neptune said:

Also, Sasappis risks losing his relationship with Jessica (Nichole Sakura) when Freddie sells his car, on the CBS Original series GHOSTS

Am I just destined to be unhappy? I just want Román Zaragoza in a leading man role. Why must the cruel universe giveth a morsel then taketh it away?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
On 1/20/2023 at 12:29 AM, KarenX said:

Gadzooks, February 2 seems incredibly far away!

Too far.  I tuned in Thursday night expecting a new episode only to get a rerun. 

And then issues with the audio crept up.  There was only loud background music and the dialogue was barely audible.  I guess I wasn't meant to watch Ghosts that night.  Maybe my TV was... haunted😲

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

As the ghost lore expands, Sas and Jessica face their first roadblock as an undead couple when Freddie sells his haunted car.

Jay and Sam, determined to keep the spark alive, bargain with the new owner to keep the buzzed car ghost on the Woodstone property for good. But this is only the beginning of Sas and Jessica’s budding relationship drama.
https://telltaletv.com/2023/01/preview-ghosts-season-2-episode-13-ghost-hunter/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Awwwwwwwwww, poor Sasappis :(.  I mean, I get it, they are kind of limited in what they're able to do together...but still! Awwwwwwwww. *Hugs Sasappis* 

As for the ghost machine, I knew Thor, Flower, and Pete would make it out okay and I was STILL on the edge of my seat during all of that! Hoy shit, that was intense! I LOVE that Jay was able to figure out a way to save everyone, and his speech about how much he loves and cares about the ghosts...<3. Jay is just the best. He really is. 

Also loved Pete ultimately taking such a bold step. I figured he would after all the earlier debate, of course, but still, I love that he did it all the same :). I was thinking about that when he was arguing with Thor early on, I was like, "Pete, you've seen Thor genuinely angry with you before, you really wanna go there again?" :p. 

And speaking of Thor...oooooooooh, so he and Flower are finally making their move? Nice! I cracked up at how they worked Flower wondering who would be their third into that whole situation with the machine, that was gold. 

So that's it not just for Jessica, but also Freddie. Hm. I wonder if Sam and Jay will try and find another assistant or if they'll just forge ahead on their own. 

• Like 14
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I wonder if Sam and Jay will try and find another assistant or if they'll just forge ahead on their own. 

I liked Freddie and Jessica, but I think there's limited storytelling for them on the show.  I hope they'll go back to having just Sam & Jay running the place.  Maybe Freddie could stop by every once in a while to visit.  At first, I thought they were going to go ahead and tell Freddie about the ghosts, but that's kind of risky in case he was to freak out and post info on social media that would scare people away.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

I’m overthinking this, but I was half-expecting Sam to carry the device outside to the car, where sitcommy hijinks would ensue and the car ghost would be the third.  By some random technological reason, her experience with the machine would free her from the car limits.  But Jay’s solution was much better.  Atari!  I remember when they were new…..

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

When Thor got pulled into the ghost machine, I paused on the other ghosts’ reactions and I laughed so hard I was in actual tears. The facial expressions on this show are hilarious.

Jay figuring out the solution and saying how much he cares about the ghosts despite not being able to see or hear them was really sweet. Jay’s the best. 

Aww, Thor and Flower are finally making a go of it, partially due to Pete’s bravery in helping his friends. Can’t wait to see their upcoming date.

Poor Sass really can’t catch a break with relationships. I get it though; Jessica can’t ever be involved in anything that happens in the house and it wouldn’t be fun for her just hanging out in the driveway all the time waiting for Sass to come see her.

Farewell, Freddie. It’s probably for the best that Sam and Jay run the B&B on their own. 

• Like 9
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

I’m overthinking this, but I was half-expecting Sam to carry the device outside to the car, where sitcommy hijinks would ensue and the car ghost would be the third.  By some random technological reason, her experience with the machine would free her from the car limits. 

I was wondering if they'd find some way to work her in, too...only for her to get trapped in there forever. I'm glad that didn't happen, though, 'cause I Think that would've been even more upsetting for Sasappis. At least this way she gets to leave on a good note. 

18 minutes ago, phalange said:

When Thor got pulled into the ghost machine, I paused on the other ghosts’ reactions and I laughed so hard I was in actual tears. The facial expressions on this show are hilarious.

Their reactions to everything were fantastic. I love it when they get genuinely freaked out about something. 

• Like 7

I am a true blue fan of the show,
and I always thought Jessica and Freddie were temporary, 
but why didn't they just park the car next to a window????

Thor had such a tender look on his face when he and Flower were finally connecting in a meaningful way.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

By some random technological reason, her experience with the machine would free her from the car limits.

That's a good idea! 

Freddie needs a big garage for his car so that Jessica could have a comfy place to relax, other than in the car!  He could put some chairs and a TV in there and make it homey for her (assuming he wouldn't freak out about her!)  

10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Their reactions to everything were fantastic. I love it when they get genuinely freaked out about something. 

And whenever they introduced to something new too!  They're all really good actors. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

And whenever they introduced to something new too!  They're all really good actors. 

Like we've discussed on here before, I really love the detail that for as long as the ghosts have been around, for as much as they've no doubt seen in terms of how ghosts can haunt people and places and whatnot, there's aspects of being a ghost that are still new to them or still surprise them even now. It's really fun when they're as mystified as we are about how the ghost world works. 

• Like 8
31 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Thor had such a tender look on his face when he and Flower were finally connecting in a meaningful way.

And then they pulled Pete in by his neckerchief as they were kissing. Because a third is a third, that’s what he is there for, all the way.  Puny Brave Pete.

“Okay, we are going to go watch TV now.  But you can find us there, so we can be there for you - there.”

Loved Thor’s comment about Freddy’s not splurging for leather seats in his new car.  Because what decent landship doesn’t have leather seats?

In hindsight, the idea that the conveniently-not-in-Latvian “2 and under” sticker meant it was a child’s toy should have been dismissed immediately.  There are probably not very many one-and-a-half-year-olds who are into catching ghosts with technogizmos.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Yes, agreed.

I still wonder what would have happened if they had disassembled the car.

Btw, for a $1550 car, the interior was very nice.

Right I was like why not just see if she is attached to parts of the car.. or maybe park the car closer to the house? I figured they would pull her in the box and bring her inside thus trapping her on premises somehow .. 

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought the ghosts couldn’t touch things so how could they touch the box?

I'm handwaving that as the box generated a field when turned on, and it was that field energy that sucked them in when some part of their body got close enough to it. That's why turning it off would release the ghosts lol

• Like 9

This episode was hilarious. I've always wanted Jay to see the ghosts and this episode proves that it could work. I felt bad for Sass but he and Jessica had nothing in common. I loved how the ghosts might bicker but they really do care for each other. Jay should run the B&B while he's unemployed. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, phalange said:

And then when Jay ate the Oreo! I was dying.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'm...kinda glad the car ghost plot line is wrapped up.  I just didn't see any way that could be anything but a one-note kind of thing.  But I do like the possibilities it opened up with future guests!

I would actually like to see the B&B get a mild reputation as haunted.  The ghost hunting hijinks promise to be amusing, and the ghosts know now to be wary of Latvian traps.

As usual, the reactions were everything.  Isaac's "*gasp* Oh, rude!" had me in stitches.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Isaac's "*gasp* Oh, rude!" had me in stitches.

Hahaha, I loved that, too. I also got a laugh out of his reaction when he and Hetty scampered off after trying to "comfort" Sasappis. 

But yeah, he must've gotten quite the workout with his gasping this episode, for sure :p. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Pallida said:

Now I really want to know what would happen if a ghost was in the box and it was carried past their boundary.

As the timer ticked down, Partner South yelled at them to take the machine to the end of the driveway.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

At first, I thought they were going to go ahead and tell Freddie about the ghosts, but that's kind of risky in case he was to freak out and post info on social media that would scare people away.  

Would it?  Haunted hotels are highly sought out by some people.

6 hours ago, Pallida said:

Now I really want to know what would happen if a ghost was in the box and it was carried past their boundary.

I think they would still be stuck in the box.  Because the property line is like a force field, but so is the box and i feel the box would be stronger.

i found it weird that Freddie was on board with trying to release the possible ghost in the box because it might be good. He wanted to catch the ghosts because he was afraid of ghosts. He should have been all "that's ridiculous. that's the whole point of the trap."

And, yes, it was beyond weird that they bought his car. Sam's going to need to say no to the ghosts once in a while.  otherwise they're going to get a reputation of weirdos and that is what might scare people off.

• Like 10

It bothered me that Sassapis couldn't see that his relationship with Jessica wouldn't work. She is used to being driven around, and sitting in the yard would eventually drive her crazy.

Alternately, they should have put an ad in the paper to sell the car. Jessica could have sat there for a few weeks without harm, Sassapis could have an extended farewell, and Jay could have found someone who would pay a bit more for the car.

• Like 11

I love the running gag of Jay thinking he's a master negotiator. I also loved that Freddie thought putting an Oreo on top of the ghost trap would work as bait. AND IT DID.

At first, I thought they were going to go ahead and tell Freddie about the ghosts, but that's kind of risky in case he was to freak out and post info on social media that would scare people away.  

I think it would be just as likely to attract customers as scare them away, but maybe the wrong kind of customers. 

Spoiler

In the U.K. version a team of ghost hunters came to the house trying to find evidence of ghosts - and couldn't find any.

I thought it was funny when Freddie turned on the electromagnetic detector thingy and pointed it at the two ghosts on either side of him, it sounded like it was pinging off the charts but no, either he didn't know how to read it or it didn't really work.

I don't think that would be practical. For one thing having a car parked right next to the window would look pretty strange to the guests, and for another it would limit her to whatever room it's next to. It really wouldn't be any different than when she's parked outside, she'd still be waiting for people and ghosts to come to her.

Btw, for a $1550 car, the interior was very nice.

They didn't say what year it was. But I can't see or hear about a Rav 4 without thinking of Making a Murderer.

What was the name of the band that guy said his band opened for? Something Stench?

• Like 5

No matter what, somehow Pete keeps almost becoming Thor and Flowers third.

I just about died when Thor got sucked into the ghost trap, I had to watch the ghosts reactions three times. And then Jay cheerfully eating the cookie then cutting to the ghosts still freaking out. I always love the "cuts from Jay in an empty room to the ghosts all surrounding him" jokes, this show must be so much fun to shoot. Jay's speech about how he still cares about the ghosts even though he cant see or hear them was so sweet, I really do love how much of a relationship he has with the ghosts even if he cant talk to them directly. Always trust the man wearing an Atari shirt. 

Poor Sasappis. I guessed that Freddie and Jessica wouldn't last more than a few episodes, but I still felt so sad for him. Jay and Sam really should think about just leaning into the ghost thing, tons of people would want to stay in a place that has a ghost story attached to it, especially if its a creepy but harmless ghosts. 

I obviously knew that everyone would be fine, but it did turn out to be pretty intense when the ghost trap started counting down to zero and Pete had to save the day. Great that he stepped up and faced his fears, he even got a new Thor nickname! I also loved how riveted Pete was by Jay and Freddie's Star Wars debate while everyone else was telling Jay to get on with it.

"Well it depended on how good your barber was." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

8 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

For one thing having a car parked right next to the window would look pretty strange to the guests, and for another it would limit her to whatever room it's next to. It really wouldn't be any different than when she's parked outside, she'd still be waiting for people and ghosts to come to her.

I was imagining the car being parked next the room with the TV, and being close enough that she could be in the room, maybe even sitting on a window seat.

I hadn’t considered that parking the car next to the window would look strange to guests, but you’re right, @iMonrey
So now I’m imagining Sam hiring Mark to affix an old Model T chassis to the outside of the car so it will add to the ambiance as a period piece.  
This would have worked well if the car ghost actor had become a permanent cast member. 
Maybe they will do that with another car ghost in the future?

• Like 4
13 hours ago, nora1992 said:

I’m overthinking this, but I was half-expecting Sam to carry the device outside to the car, where sitcommy hijinks would ensue and the car ghost would be the third.  By some random technological reason, her experience with the machine would free her from the car limits.  But Jay’s solution was much better.  Atari!  I remember when they were new…..

I went on a different track from this - they would take the machine to the car, car ghost would get inside, they would bring the machine inside the house, release all the ghosts and car ghost would now be house ghost.  Hey, you can explain anything away - it's a show about ghosts.

Also thought they would get the ghosts out by crossing the property line.  Or just taking the box apart.  But then, they might be small forever.

3 hours ago, appositival said:

It bothered me that Sassapis couldn't see that his relationship with Jessica wouldn't work. She is used to being driven around, and sitting in the yard would eventually drive her crazy.

Alternately, they should have put an ad in the paper to sell the car. Jessica could have sat there for a few weeks without harm, Sassapis could have an extended farewell, and Jay could have found someone who would pay a bit more for the car.

Not that they had to acquiesce to her wishes, but she wanted to go with the band because they would be traveling.

It cost them a little money, but the ghosts are earning their keep, with the watch and the booze...  Hope the ghosts uncover more money-making items around the house to help out.   Like cinnamon!

Edited by Johann
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, appositival said:

She'd still be driven though... 

36 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Jay's speech about how he still cares about the ghosts even though he cant see or hear them was so sweet, I really do love how much of a relationship he has with the ghosts even if he cant talk to them directly. Always trust the man wearing an Atari shirt. 

Except in this case there really was no reason to think that Jay's suggestion was any more likely to work than it was to kill more ghosts.  It was just a theory, and caring about the ghosts does not make testing a theory like that any safer.  Like Hetty said, "And now one more of us is gonna die so that Jay feels heard."

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Also thought they would get the ghosts out by crossing the property line.  Or just taking the box apart.  But then, they might be small forever.

"Thor not want to be permanently small!  Base much of identity on being large."

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

This is my favorite show but was not sorry to see Freddie and especially the car ghost go. Sass deserves better.

Considering how cash strapped Sam and Jay must be, I was surprised how fast they jumped into buying a car they didn’t need, especially Jay who is usually the voice of reason. And then selling it back for half the amount 🤷🏻‍♀️

Loved the entire ghost trap plot tho, once again showing how much they all care about each other. 

Edited by Packerbrewerbadger
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, shura said:

She'd still be driven though... 

Not much.  Sam and Jay full on said it would be a yard car.

And I had a thought about thor agreeing with Pete that it was all his fault. Ridiculous.  they could have all just avoided the trap altogether. It wasn't that important that they smell that cookie immediately. Sam would have moved it somewhere safe for them to smell after Freddy left for the day.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, DanaK said:

I thought the ghosts couldn’t touch things so how could they touch the box?

I'm wondering if it was made from a same material as the walls and door of the safe. The electrical field was needed to suck them in, but once inside, they weren't able to penetrate the walls of the box to get themselves back out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Jay and Sam really should think about just leaning into the ghost thing, tons of people would want to stay in a place that has a ghost story attached to it, especially if its a creepy but harmless ghosts. 

Now that I think about it, this would probably backfire on them. They're in a unique situation in that the ghosts can actually "prove" they exist, by using the collective powers of Trevor, Thor, Alberta and Isaac. They'd probably be overrun by paranormal experts, enthusiasts and looky-loos. They'd be hounded day and night, it would probably make running a B&B next to impossible.

I was imagining the car being parked next the room with the TV, and being close enough that she could be in the room, maybe even sitting on a window seat.

The TV is in Thor's room, it's upstairs. (I don't know why Sam and Jay don't have one in their bedroom or why there isn't one downstairs for the guests, but there ya go.)

• Like 6
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Now that I think about it, this would probably backfire on them. They're in a unique situation in that the ghosts can actually "prove" they exist, by using the collective powers of Trevor, Thor, Alberta and Isaac. They'd probably be overrun by paranormal experts, enthusiasts and looky-loos. They'd be hounded day and night, it would probably make running a B&B next to impossible.

Ooo, but this could be fun!
Imagine the ghosts purposely not using their powers when the ghost hunters are around.
But then maybe Thor and Flower are "making time" and Thor's electrical ability accidentally goes off. 🤣

51 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The TV is in Thor's room, it's upstairs. (I don't know why Sam and Jay don't have one in their bedroom or why there isn't one downstairs for the guests, but there ya go.)

I've been imagining Sam goes to a nearby town and encounters Jessica sitting in a chair against an outer wall of a restaurant/bar where Marco, the car owner's band is playing. Jessica is also able to watch TV in the bar.

Soon another car ghost enters their lives and this time Sam hires Mark the handyperson to affix an antique car chassis to the outside of the car so it will add to the ambiance as a period piece, parks it next to the house (maybe has Mark build a carport/awning for it) and, now that you mention it, puts a TV in the adjacent room. 

But more likely a second or third TV will come to the Woodstone before any of that.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

And then selling it back for half the amount

That car being a RAV4 should've went much higher than $1500.  It appeared to be running well after having been in a wreck, but for the past year or so, decent used vehicles have been going at a premium.  

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

They'd probably be overrun by paranormal experts, enthusiasts and looky-loos. They'd be hounded day and night, it would probably make running a B&B next to impossible.

I agree.  They want a quiet little B&B. Plus, they wouldn't want the ghosts hounded like that.  I'm sure it would annoy them to no end if people were constantly on the prowl for them!  

I wonder what will happen to Jessica once that car reaches its shelf life and ends up in the scrap yard.   

Edited by ChitChat
  • Like 6

When the show first launched, I wondered how they'd incorporate the guests into the stories, and whether there would be something like a "case of the week" format. Now that they have guests, I think it's really funny that we basically only see them check in and out, if that, and no one (not the ghosts, not Sam nor Jay, not the writers) have any interest in them whatsoever. 

• Like 3

I wonder what will happen to Jessica once that car reaches its shelf life and ends up in the scrap yard.   

I would hope it means she finally gets sucked off. Either that or she's bound to the scrapyard or wherever the car's final resting place should happen to be. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I agree.  They want a quiet little B&B. Plus, they wouldn't want the ghosts hounded like that.  I'm sure it would annoy them to no end if people were constantly on the prowl for them!  

Exactly. Plus, someone could come along who could try and exploit the ghosts and/or Sam's ability for their own shady purposes. I definitely think Sam's just too protective of the ghosts and her ability to want to make a big thing out of it. She had to take a while to get used to the fact she could see them, and how tough it has been to convince someone like Bela that she has that power. So she's all too aware of how risky telling others would be, and how freaked out a lot of people would get. 

7 hours ago, Johann said:

I loved how everyone just seemed to collectively accept the possible idea of the ghosts being small when they escaped from the machine XD. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1