Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Ghost Hunter

Neptune
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Either that or she's bound to the scrapyard or wherever the car's final resting place should happen to be. 

Sounds like the potential for a spin-off series with a Living who can see ghosts who works at a scrapyard.

12 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Sam's just too protective of the ghosts and her ability to want to make a big thing out of it. 

But might Sam join a Reddit-type message board for Livings who see ghosts? Maybe if she used an encrypted router for her Wifi?
She (or Jay) might use it for help with situations like What To Do When Your Ghosts Are Caught In A Ghost Trapper?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Now that they have guests, I think it's really funny that we basically only see them check in and out, if that, and no one (not the ghosts, not Sam nor Jay, not the writers) have any interest in them whatsoever. 

I liked the storyline with the couple who kept complaining about everything and the ghosts spied on them for Sam.  That was pretty funny.  With this many regulars on the show and the potential for all of their backstories, it might be difficult to put too much focus on the guests.  I'm sure they'll incorporate them a little more, but I'm happy with keeping the focus on Sam & Jay and the ghosts for now, with the occasional guest thrown in (like the creepy fan of Alberta's.)  

• Like 11

I fell asleep thinking about different ways for new ghosts to visit the house now that we know car ghosts are a thing. I wondered if the show would ever introduce a ghost attached to a person and thought about how that could be. Fun.

I cackled out loud so many times and Isaac would have been proud of the gasp I gasped when Thor was sucked into the machine. I honestly didn't think it was going to work so, good job, show. 

Aw, Thor and Flower. And sometimes Pete 🫣😂

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I loved the ghost trap and the Thor/Flower subplot. The shipper in me is also hoping that Pete’s sexy, sexy bravery is keeping him in the running with Alberta. He deserves someone who can bring out his wild side and she definitely deserves a good man who shows her nothing but respect and tenderness. 

That said, I wasn’t wild about how Freddie’s arc ended. That felt so pointless. And while Jessica as a character was pretty flat, she never got to be more than that, plus my beloved Sasappis was so happy. And now he’s so sad! You just wanna hug him. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

That said, I wasn’t wild about how Freddie’s arc ended. That felt so pointless.

I was surprised that he was freaked out about ghosts.  He seemed more open minded than that.  Maybe if Sam & Jay explained the situation to him, he would've been okay with it, but he probably thinks all ghosts are spooky and evil, and it would be hard to get past that emotion.  Sam & Jay are wise to keep this info quiet though.  Better to only tell people they truly trust and won't use the info to possibly hurt their business.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

That said, I wasn’t wild about how Freddie’s arc ended. That felt so pointless.

While I agree it was kind of, whatever, I'm not really sad that it ended. Both actors were great but I didn't care for their characters. 

And While I am very sad for Sass, I'm also a little sad for Jay. He had someone in the house he could geek out with and actually see and talk to. Sure there are guests, but they are transient and won't become friends. Sam has the ghosts to talk with and joke with while Jay just sits there waiting for her to share what they say. That's got to be very isolating.

I am glad that Sass and Jessica realized very quickly how horrible it was to leave her stuck in a car that wasn't going to be going anywhere. While it might be fun to haunt a big mansion with other whacky ghosts, it sounds like pure hell to be stuck within 5 feet of a car that never goes anywhere in someone's parking lot for all time, even if you are getting visits from Sass. Even if he stayed with her all day every day just the two of them would get tedious after a few centuries. 

Being a car ghost is even worse than being a cholera pit ghost and I never thought that would be possible. 

• Like 7

I actually liked Freddie and would like him back.  Sam could tell him to leave the ghosts alone and it be sort of a joke between them like when she told him a ghost told her something.  Actually, Sam could tell Freddie that she believes in the ghosts (in a silly, not serious, way) and Jay could give little asides like she is a bit crazy (eccentric?), and he and Freddie could bond on that.  They could make it cute as long as it stayed low-key.

I like that they show that the inn is getting guests, buy not really make them the plot unless it directly involves the ghosts.

• Like 5

After rewatch, my favorite exchange:

Marco: I need (the car) for my band. Have you heard of Pungent Stench?
Jay: No.

Marco. Oh. Well, we open for them.

Also: Marco was played by Jake Cannavale - Bobby Cannavale's son! They actually played father and son on Nurse Jackie. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

And While I am very sad for Sass, I'm also a little sad for Jay. He had someone in the house he could geek out with and actually see and talk to. Sure there are guests, but they are transient and won't become friends.

I hate that Jay feels left out, but hopefully they're all still playing D&D.  He and Pete were bonding over that - as much as they could given the circumstances!

I like it whenever Hetty walks fast or runs.  That little bustle swishing back and forth is just so darn cute!  That attire is probably a bit heavy to wear.  I noticed that they changed Sassipi's costume from the first episode.  His right shoulder was exposed at first, but then they changed up his costume so that both shoulders are covered.   I think Isaac's hair has been slicked back a little since that first episode too.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Being a car ghost is even worse than being a cholera pit ghost and I never thought that would be possible. 

Maybe just equal, not one worse than the other?

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I actually liked Freddie and would like him back.  Sam could tell him to leave the ghosts alone and it be sort of a joke between them like when she told him a ghost told her something.  Actually, Sam could tell Freddie that she believes in the ghosts (in a silly, not serious, way) and Jay could give little asides like she is a bit crazy (eccentric?), and he and Freddie could bond on that.  They could make it cute as long as it stayed low-key.

I like that they show that the inn is getting guests, buy not really make them the plot unless it directly involves the ghosts.

Yes, I too would've liked Freddie to stay on mostly off screen, like Mark the contractor. 

But Jessica's bloody glass shard makeup was too much for me.

• Like 3

Oh...  did anyone else notice the house used for the outside shots was different?

Unless I'm remembering wrong.  The previous one was an L shape (or, at least had an angle) and dark brick/stone and this one was flat, light stone.  I thought we were starting the show at someone else's house and had to rewatch the beginning because I was so distracted.

• Useful 2
23 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh...  did anyone else notice the house used for the outside shots was different?

I thought we were seeing the other side of the house.  I didn't pay attention to the color of the stone, but I will next time!

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I thought we were seeing the other side of the house.  I didn't pay attention to the color of the stone, but I will next time!

Hmmm.  I could be wrong about it.  I have some episodes saved, so I'll check it out when I have a chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it me or does Sas always seem bratty when he needs something from Sam. Maybe that’s the point of his character, but he always gives a “MOM, you’re ruining my life” vibe whenever Sam tells him no lol. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 2/3/2023 at 12:04 AM, kathyk24 said:

Jay should run the B&B while he's unemployed. 

Isn't his job shopping for food and preparing all the meals for the guests?

23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Also: Marco was played by Jake Cannavale - Bobby Cannavale's son!

He's also Lena Horne's great-grandson.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
8 minutes ago, Liquid6 said:

Is it me or does Sas always seem bratty when he needs something from Sam. Maybe that’s the point of his character, but he always gives a “MOM, you’re ruining my life” vibe whenever Sam tells him no lol. 

Those are the exact vibes I get as well. The "you're ruining my life!" complete with a storm out and door slam (you know, if he were capable of slamming a door). Then he goes to his room and writes emo poetry or an angsty song. He's just so charming and cute he can get away with it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
18 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Isn't his job shopping for food and preparing all the meals for the guests?

Yes, he's the chef.  I sometimes pause the show when they're in the kitchen so I can see all of the furnishings.  I love those big kitchens and everything that's in them.  It looks like there's a butler's pantry behind the kitchen. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Maybe just equal, not one worse than the other?

The cholera pit ghosts can go upstairs if they want. They just choose not to (which I've never understood). The car ghost can't go past five feet of the car. She's more "stuck," but at least she gets a change of scenery.

That was the back of the house. Or I should say the "back" because a.) the front is mostly a CGI facade and b.) the shot they use for the back does not match up with the front. There is a central tower on the back facade that should be visible from the front, but it is not, even when they have done shots of the front at high enough angles. 

Definitely. When he didn't want them to fire Freddie two episodes ago he threw a typical teenage tantrum. "That's not fair! You're the worst livings ever!" And stormed out. If I'm not mistaken, Sasappis is the youngest ghost. He also has a certain child-like wonder to him.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

The cholera pit ghosts can go upstairs if they want. They just choose not to (which I've never understood).

Did the one cholera ghost pretending to be Pete's girlfriend say something like the ghosts upstairs are too snooty, or something to that effect? She made a snide comment about them when she left Pete and went back downstairs.   Even as ghosts, I'm sure the upstairs ghosts find the cholera ghosts icky to be around.  They do look pretty rough!  

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

They're all pretty bratty when they don't get what they want.

Yeah, they can be like little kids trying to get their mom's attention.  Alberta walked a mile in Sam's shoes though and saw how demanding they all are.  She scolded them for being so needy! 

• Like 11
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Definitely. When he didn't want them to fire Freddie two episodes ago he threw a typical teenage tantrum. "That's not fair! You're the worst livings ever!" And stormed out. If I'm not mistaken, Sasappis is the youngest ghost. He also has a certain child-like wonder to him.

Part of Sasappis’s whole arc is that he’s chronologically one of the oldest ghosts, but age-wise he’s the youngest. So he’s incredibly jaded and haunted by the years, but he’s mentally still in that transitional phase between teen hood and adulthood. I think that him never being a full-fledged storyteller in life means he’s even younger than he looks—he had never had his first official job. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That was the back of the house. Or I should say the "back" because a.) the front is mostly a CGI facade and b.) the shot they use for the back does not match up with the front. There is a central tower on the back facade that should be visible from the front, but it is not, even when they have done shots of the front at high enough angles. 

Thanks.  I didn't consider the architecture that should be visible from back.  I did recheck and the coloring was similar, not dark/light like I thought.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/3/2023 at 7:30 AM, Katy M said:

Would it?  Haunted hotels are highly sought out by some people.

Unfortunately for the proprietors, there is a limit to how many of those people there are and to how often they'd want to stay at any particular hotel.  It's a finite customer base.  And there are plenty of people who would be put off by that reputation.  Not necessarily out of fear but because, quite frankly, it tends to attract weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/3/2023 at 1:49 PM, iMonrey said:

The TV is in Thor's room, it's upstairs. (I don't know why Sam and Jay don't have one in their bedroom or why there isn't one downstairs for the guests, but there ya go.)

I always thought the TV was in a sitting room downstairs. Now I’ll be looking for scenes in the TV room.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/3/2023 at 7:35 PM, ChitChat said:

I liked the storyline with the couple who kept complaining about everything and the ghosts spied on them for Sam.  That was pretty funny.  With this many regulars on the show and the potential for all of their backstories, it might be difficult to put too much focus on the guests.  I'm sure they'll incorporate them a little more, but I'm happy with keeping the focus on Sam & Jay and the ghosts for now, with the occasional guest thrown in (like the creepy fan of Alberta's.)  

Agree!

and sorry to be a broken record…

but I miss those cholera basement ghosts and Nancy! 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, seasons said:

Agree!

and sorry to be a broken record…

but I miss those cholera basement ghosts and Nancy! 

I read an interview with the showrunners where they said Ghosts wouldn't have a guest star of the week. I like having recurring characters like Allie and June. I want to see the Farnsbys since Bjorn lives in their house.

• Like 2