Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Weigh-In Is The Hardest Part

• Start Topic

Though anxious, Meghan thinks she's ready to confront Dr. Procter -- but a meltdown in his office says otherwise. Ashely, now the biggest of the girls, uncovers some insight at a therapy session that may help her start losing weight.

Original air date 2023.01.11

• Like 1

I wish they would focus more on Ashley. She seems like the only “normal” one out of the four. Looks like she has a demanding job, she’s very even tempered - she seems like someone you would want to be friends with and hang with. I’d really like to hear more of her thoughts about her weight loss journey.

I’d probably go out if my way to avoid the other three. But then I avoid screaming and public meltdowns at all times! 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I think that this was taken off the schedule. It doesn’t show up in my guide for this week. 

My TLC schedule on the cable guide has been wrong since Friday (at least). You'll have to check the channel at the time the show is supposed to be on and see. I don't regularly watch this show, but I just set it to record whatever shows are on during prime time and see what I get. The recordings from last night were the proper show, the guide listings were not correct.

• Like 3

Tina really needs to quit enabling Meghan.

That big bad Dr. Procter made her feel bad because he is calling her on her actions or lack thereof.  She is an overgrown toddler.

She is making Tina's living situation even worse and Tina is allowing it.  That hotel room is barely big enough for Tina, her husband, and her kids. What the hell is Meghan and her boyfriend also doing there??

Edited by Kid
  • Like 14
  • Applause 8

I like these girls. I felt for Ashley being the biggest. I’m always aware of being the biggest one in the room. It’s demoralizing.  I’d hate for them to be competitive with each other like that. It’d be nice to have that group be a safe space for them and not turn into “who’s the biggest now?”

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 11

That remark to Tina by Meghan was totally uncalled for.   Meghan taking over the bathroom when the kids needs to get out the door to school is ridiculous.     Meghan is so self-centered, and nasty.   I think that's the real Meghan coming to the surface.    If Tina wasn't getting paid to have Meghan around, I bet Meghan would be hunting for her own hotel room.     Were they implying that Meghan was eating the cereal and left the mess?  Or was that just to show how awful Tina's life is caged with the kids, and Meghan?  

Meghan blaming Dr. Proctor (it's his title, he earned it and Meghan should use it) for her lack of progress is disgusting.   She isn't doing any follow up, refuses to talk to his staff about aftercare, and she's going to end up the poster patient for eating through your surgery if she doesn't get back on track.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 10
  • Love 3

So let me get this straight- Meghan didn’t participate in any of her follow up protocol, yet she’s mad at Dr Proctor for making her feel badly? Did Meghan think the surgery was going to be a magic thing?

Look people fall off track all the time, and make mistakes. Compare to someone like Ashley, who admits she messed up, is trying to figure out why, and is just discussing it with her friends, vs Meghan, who’s crying and causing a hissy fit in the bathroom because her Dr asked her to follow the program. Meghan no- I have not an ounce of sympathy for you right now. My 8 year old god child has more emotional maturity. 

Being disappointed and regretful is fine. Blaming Dr Proctor and pitching a fit is not. 

3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I fully believe they called her multiple times. She wasn’t following the program, he called her on it and she didn’t like it. She threw a temper tantrum and Tina validated it.

Yes I was upset at Tina for validating that. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

How DARE “Proctor” tell Meghan the truth and hold her accountable! And, according to Meghan via the bathroom tantrum, “he didn’t take credit for his part in this.”  What a spoiled, whiny child Meghan has become. She needs to grow up and get back on track or call it a day and leave the show.  She’s not even the least bit tolerable anymore. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

How DARE “Proctor” tell Meghan the truth and hold her accountable! And, according to Meghan via the bathroom tantrum, “he didn’t take credit for his part in this.”  What a spoiled, whiny child Meghan has become. She needs to grow up and get back on track or call it a day and leave the show.  She’s not even the least bit tolerable anymore. 

Yes, because Meghan's lack of progress was Dr Proctor's fault.

I remember from Season 1 when Dr Proctor was discussing her stall with her, he was not harsh or unkind, he was empathetic and straight forward. But how dare he not coddle her feelings. Dr Proctor is not her Dad, or her partner, or her therapist, her feelings are not his priority. He wasnt being a jerk about it, but her continued weight loss is his priority. And Meghan admitted she hadnt been doing the follow up protocols or sticking to her meal plan.

From what I have heard from anyone who has had bariatric surgery, is that its super easy in the beginning to lose weight because you just cannot eat much, but once you heal, and the hunger signals come back, you have to stick to a calorie plan and continue to move. Meghan very short, 500lbs on her was not 500lbs on Vanessa who is almost a foot taller than her, her being in the 300s is not like Tina in the 300s (who is also tall like Vanessa). She has to work a bit harder to get into the 100s given her height.

• Like 8

Meghan is getting damn difficult to watch anymore.  And why again are her and her "fiance" not able to get their own place?  Tina is an idiot for letting them stay there and an even bigger idiot for not making them get their own hotel room.  Does Meghan's man not work?  And why is Meghan not working?  I could understand when she was 500 lbs, but if she can get her rolly-polly ass on skates she can do some sort of job.  In home telemarketing is an option.  You could tell she was sort of blaming Tina for her stuff getting ruined.  Girl, you better put your big girl panties on (literally) and get your own place!!!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Agree that it looked like "Proctor" was smirking, agree that it might be the editing monkeys. Agree also that Meghan is the villain this go-round, but her attitude and meltdowns seem pretty genuine. Is she that good an actress? I think there's a lot of truth in this year's plot lines. Cheering for Ashely (what a spelling) and Vannessa (another spelling) this season. 

Tina is too much of a pushover/wet blanket for me to care about.

Edited by BAForever
Forgot to mention Tina
  • Like 7

I am happy for Vanessa and she seems motivated to continue, I hope it lasts. I do wish however she would invest in one decent bra. Heck, call up Cynthia from LiviRae and she will hook you up (no pun intended)

I also agree with EVERYONE that Meaghan is acting like a complete Toddler. I don't think this women has ever taken accountability for anything and has been babied and waited on. Tina is like that potted plant in the corner of the room, she obviously is a better friend then I would be with a friend like Meaghan.

I am glad Ashely went to see that lovely psychologist and I love her home! Vanessa seems to have upgraded, but I wonder if its an Air B&B. 

• Like 11
11 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am happy for Vanessa and she seems motivated to continue, I hope it lasts. I do wish however she would invest in one decent bra. Heck, call up Cynthia from LiviRae and she will hook you up (no pun intended)

Yesss, I was thinking the same thing the entire episode. Especially when they were at the gym. Her girls need support STAT!

Edited by Texasmom1970
Can’t spell
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I can not stand Megan. What a whiny, petulant child. 

I agree.  At first I liked Meghan, she tried, she seemed committed to improving her health and life, and now she just whines about everything.   The way she took over the bathroom when the kids needed to use it before they went to school was horrible.   And the way she back talks Dr. Proctor, and leaches off of Tina is ridiculous. 

Dr. Proctor is there to treat her, not be her buddy, or her crush, and she is only happy when people lie to her, and tell her how she's doing everything right, and nothing is her fault.   I don't think she will ever succeed long term either.   She stops trying when she gets a little success, like after surgery when she stopped following the program, boozed it up on vacation, and then is inflicting herself on Tina and her family.    Meghan can't even be bothered to clean up the apartment.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6

I get very frustrated with Meghan. I have been struggling with my weight since I was 11 years old.  I am in the process of preparing for a weight-loss procedure myself. But, Meghan is being such a "cry baby" over her lack of weight-loss. She needs to get thicker skin and woman up!! She has to see that her failure isn't anyone's fault but her own. If she truly wants to lose the weight, she will buckle down and make it happen. Dr. Proctor has done all he can do to help her. She is way too sensitive to his comments. Buckle up buttercup!

• Like 7
On 1/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am glad Ashely went to see that lovely psychologist and I love her home!

Dr. Stapleton must be Dr. Proctor’s “go to” Psychologist. Ashley appeared to be more open to therapy and have a better rapport with her than Tammy Slaton did! 

• Like 4

I wish all four of them would stop calling each other the B-word.    They also need to stop with the buzzwords like "triggered", and stop insulting each other.   I did enjoy the training session with Ernesto, he seems so kind. 

Ashely, and Tina need to embrace the program.   I so proud of Vannessa.   I'm hoping Meghan will accept reality, and get back on the program.    Stomping out with Tina at the doctor's visit was so ridiculous. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Ashley must be shorter than I thought because I thought she was in the 400s.  She said that she had had a gastric sleeve. is there a lower rate of success with that method than some of the other types of bariatric surgeries?  

Also, wouldn't it be uncomfortable to gain weight with any type of surgical operation in that area?  I ask because a participant in The Biggest Loser had skin removal surgery and then became pregnant.  She said it hurt terribly.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wish all four of them would stop calling each other the B-word.    They also need to stop with the buzzwords like "triggered", and stop insulting each other.   I did enjoy the training session with Ernesto, he seems so kind. 

Ashely, and Tina need to embrace the program.   I so proud of Vannessa.   I'm hoping Meghan will accept reality, and get back on the program.    Stomping out with Tina at the doctor's visit was so ridiculous. 

I am so with you on this.  I'd also wish they'd stop with the f-bombs.  Enough.  I had a day session at a grammar school and if I heard that word thrown around once - I heard it forty times.  Why?  Surely there's another substitute word.  The Ladies are of an age that it's not necessary to use that word.  Find another.  

Agreed that Ernesto was a kind person.  I also liked that he shared his experience with Ashely so that she could see exercise (if done properly) will not cause more of an issue.

There's also a part of me that wonders if last season's outcome was all designed for Vanessa to go from despised to hero?  I recall everyone singing the praises of Meghan (and rightfully so) but now we've done a 180 and Vanessa is the hero and Meghan is now the petulant one.

And the whole flouncing out of the doctors office.  Yikes.   The statement you think you're making is impressive if you never go back.  I know she'll have to return to Dr. Proctor so it's going to be twice as difficult to return after making a supreme fool of yourself.  And Tina, let Meghan do Meghan.  You should have stayed and used the time discussing your weight loss concerns.

I said I was out after last season.  If this one is going to be nothing but temper tantrums, throwing items, slamming doors and four best friends insulting and humiliating each other, then for my own sanity I probably need to really do it.

If the visit to DR.Proctor was Tina’s appointment and Meghan was just going along with her, why did Tina feel that she had to leave to deal with a petulant woman who doesn’t want to do the work.  And if I were the Dr. She wouldn’t be allowed in the office again - his practice is probably busy enough without dealing with temper tantrums. Of course, I know, this is TV.

• Like 7
17 hours ago, MsVixen said:

Ashley must be shorter than I thought because I thought she was in the 400s.  She said that she had had a gastric sleeve. is there a lower rate of success with that method than some of the other types of bariatric surgeries?  

Also, wouldn't it be uncomfortable to gain weight with any type of surgical operation in that area?  I ask because a participant in The Biggest Loser had skin removal surgery and then became pregnant.  She said it hurt terribly.

Gastric sleeve isn't as radical as Gastric bypass, and is much quicker to do.   When you have a patient who has a lot of risk factors, you do this quickly.    The gastric sleeve supposedly has fewer issues with nutrition and side effects than gastric bypass.  However, many times the sleeve will stop working as well after the patient loses a lot of weight, but because the patient is much smaller, and hopefully in better physical shape, they'll do the bypass.   Dr. Now often does the sleeve almost universally on patients, but later may go to the bypass.  However, I think there can be issues with someone who had the sleeve, and the only surgery they'll do is the bypass.  That's why the patients on this show that had a previous surgery will only get the bypass.   They might be able to modify, and redo the sleeve, but I bet that depends on the patient, and the doctor's judgment.    

I found this: The Gastric Bypass carries more risk but has more rewards for patients who need to lose 150 plus pounds, whereas the Gastric Sleeve surgery has a lower complication rate but also the patients who have success typically need to lose 100 or fewer pounds with the gastric sleeve. (I think the weight limits are off from what the doctors have said).  

I wonder why they don't try a lap band procedure first?    It would help them lose quickly, and show the patient what the life is like after surgery, and it's easily removable.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder why they don't try a lap band procedure first?    It would help them lose quickly, and show the patient what the life is like after surgery, and it's easily removable.   

I don’t think many doctors do the lap band any more. 

• Useful 1
On 1/14/2023 at 9:11 PM, MsVixen said:

I know a few women that became pregnant after skin removal (on their stomach)- it didn’t hurt, their skin stretched out again but not near as much as when they were heavier. I think it may hurt if you have your muscles tightened. However they were instructed to wait 2plus years before becoming pregnant after skin removal (and they did). 

Gastric sleeve isn’t like skin removal though- it’s done laparoscopically and there isn’t a huge incision site. No it doesn’t hurt to gain fat again. If you stretch out your sleeve slowly and don’t follow the program it happens. I like Ashley but she admitted she didn’t do what she needed to do after her surgery, and as soon as her stomach healed, and she was able to eat again she was back to her old habits. I have a very good friend (who’s a Physican) who had the sleeve in 2017, she never got to the hundred pounds down and fluctuates between 40-50lbs off. She’s now trying Vyvance. It happens. 

On 1/16/2023 at 9:09 AM, DanaMB said:

I don’t think many doctors do the lap band any more. 

Yeah it’s fallen out of favor. So many complications and poor results. 

• Like 3
On 1/16/2023 at 9:36 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I may even consider going to a gym if Ernesto was my trainer, he is handsome

Ernesto is quite handsome. I was waiting for Vanessa to embarrass herself and say something uncouth, but she kept it civil in his presence. Her talking head though😏.

• Like 2
On 1/12/2023 at 9:47 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, because Meghan's lack of progress was Dr Proctor's fault.

I remember from Season 1 when Dr Proctor was discussing her stall with her, he was not harsh or unkind, he was empathetic and straight forward. But how dare he not coddle her feelings. Dr Proctor is not her Dad, or her partner, or her therapist, her feelings are not his priority. He wasnt being a jerk about it, but her continued weight loss is his priority. And Meghan admitted she hadnt been doing the follow up protocols or sticking to her meal plan.

Can you imagine Meghan's reaction if she was dealing with Dr. Now.  She would probably stroke out from him telling her she is wasting his time and how bad her eating habits are. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/19/2023 at 2:46 AM, swankie said:

Can you imagine Meghan's reaction if she was dealing with Dr. Now.  She would probably stroke out from him telling her she is wasting his time and how bad her eating habits are.

Dis very bad sishuashun 

• LOL 6
On 1/18/2023 at 4:49 PM, Pi237 said:

Love Ashley's dress during her therapy session. So pretty. Not easy finding clothes when you're big, especially ones that aren't obnoxious.

I noticed that too, but forgot. It was white summer-ish with a pretty green print. Gorgeous Dress!

• Like 5

Meghan is f’ing awful. Get her off the show pronto. I’d love for her to pull this s**t with Dr. Now.

And Tina needs to quit being a simp. The fact that this heifer passively/aggressively blamed her for the fact her shit was ruined in the flood was beyond. And the fact Tina apologized was gross.

TL:DR - get Meghan off our screens ASAP. She’s awful 

• Like 2