Type keyword(s) to search

I'm So Disappointed In You: Celebrity Misdeeds

• Start Topic

Here is where you can discuss when your favorite celebrity achieves more fame for all the wrong reasons.  Traffic tickets?  Public drunkenness?  A resurgence of foot-in-mouth disease?  Here's the place.

Discussion should be limited to those in the entertainment business.  Bad behavior by celebrity relatives (if the relatives themselves are not celebrities) is not allowed. 

Please refrain from discussing cases of harrassment here.  Those discussions should remain in and be limited to the Predator and Prey thread.

Please do not discuss athletes or Royals, as they have their own threads in different forums.

As with other threads in threads in this forum, all Primetimer guidelines apply here.  You may familiarize yourself with those guidelines here.

Any questions can be directed to the forum moderators:

@AgentRXS @aquarian1 @OtterMommy

1 hour ago, BetterButter said:

RHOSLC’ star Jen Shah sentenced to 6½ years in prison for fraud

In another article on this it was also stated:

Prosecutor Robert Sobelman said the evidence would be “devastating” if the case had gone to trial. He said Shah showed no remorse toward the victims and her texts messages revealed she was laughing with co-conspirators about them, asking if they had gotten one victim to “stop crying yet.”

I find this beyond contemptible.  I wish she'd gotten the full 14 years.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

Can you IMAGINE how her looks are going to deteriorate without all her magic fillers & fixers, correctors, injections and coverups?  

THIS is a cautionary tale for all the "celebs" who trowel on the makeup and Photoshop their glamour: When you eventually end up behind bars, your bare-faced prison photos are going to KILL YOUR REPUTATION.  *LOL*  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Reading more about her defense she claimed that she was an "elder".  Seriously, woman?  Most of your victims were elderly people and your defense,  or at least one of the things about you that you wanted the judge to consider in showing you some lenience was that you're an "elder".  I'll give her credit here for having one helluva nerve.  It's like the man on trial for killing his parents who begs for mercy because he's an orphan!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Reading more about her defense she claimed that she was an "elder".  Seriously, woman?  Most of your victims were elderly people and your defense,  or at least one of the things about you that you wanted the judge to consider in showing you some lenience was that you're an "elder".  I'll give her credit here for having one helluva nerve.  It's like the man on trial for killing his parents who begs for mercy because he's an orphan!

Isn’t elderly around 65 and up? Jen Shah wasn’t even close to elderly when she committed crimes against the elderly. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I almost want to go & find this show, so I can watch her being arrested.

She is a vile person.  Inside & out.

I know.  I've never watched it either, but now I'm really curious......*LOL*

10 hours ago, leighdear said:

Can you IMAGINE how her looks are going to deteriorate without all her magic fillers & fixers, correctors, injections and coverups?  

THIS is a cautionary tale for all the "celebs" who trowel on the makeup and Photoshop their glamour: When you eventually end up behind bars, your bare-faced prison photos are going to KILL YOUR REPUTATION.  *LOL*  

Just look what happened to the late Phil Spector when his noggin FINALLY was exposed via the mug shot for all the world to see after having hidden it under wigs virtually his entire adult life!

• Like 3

Cage the Elephant vocalist arrested in NYC for criminal possession of a weapon.

Cage the Elephant's lead singer Matt Shultz was arrested in New York City on Thursday, EW has confirmed.

The 39-year-old rocker, who was staying at the Bowery Hotel in Manhattan, was charged with criminal possession of a weapon after police executed a search warrant and discovered firearms in his room, the New York Police Department said.

The arrest came after officers reportedly received a 911 call about a person carrying a weapon inside the hotel at 10 a.m. Thursday, per Billboard.

Did this moron not understand New York is not an open carry state?

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Gwen Stephanie says she's Japanese. Even in context it's idiotic. 

Stefani's father, who is Italian American, worked in marketing for Yamaha motorcycles. He traveled back and forth between California and Japan for 18 years.

"That was my Japanese influence and that was a culture that was so rich with tradition, yet so futuristic [with] so much attention to art and detail and discipline and it was fascinating to me," Stefani shared, while promoting her new vegan line, GXVE Beauty. As an adult, she traveled to Harajuku and was in awe of Japanese culture. "I said, 'My God, I'm Japanese and I didn't know it.'"

Allure's senior editor Jesa Marie Calaor, who's first-generation Filipina American, conducted the interview and noted Stefani's "words seemed to hang in the air between us."

"I am, you know," Stefani added...

Calaor claimed Stefani asserted twice she was Japanese and once that she was "a little bit of an Orange County girl, a little bit of a Japanese girl, a little bit of an English girl." Allure's social media associate, who is Asian and Latina, was present for the 30-minute interview as well.

She also had this tidbit attempting to refute her Harajuku Girls phase was cultural appropriation:

"If [people are] going to criticize me for being a fan of something beautiful and sharing that, then I just think that doesn't feel right," Stefani explained. "I think it was a beautiful time of creativity… a time of the ping-pong match between Harajuku culture and American culture."

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

She also had this tidbit attempting to refute her Harajuku Girls phase was cultural appropriation:

After the interview one of Gwen's representatives called and said Gwen misspoke or some shit.  When asked to clarify what Gwen meant the rep declined.  

Is she going to get cancelled over this?  Probably not.  Will she learn something from this?  Probably not.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Her husband was neither canceled nor gave a genuine apology for the multiple offensive things he said. 

I was never a Gwen Stefani fan or anti fan but when she married Blake Shelton any marginal goodwill I had towards her evaporated.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I was never a Gwen Stefani fan or anti fan but when she married Blake Shelton any marginal goodwill I had towards her evaporated.  

I always liked her, so I was surprised she married him. I have a hard time liking Miranda Lambert because she married Blake too. I figure their views can't be too different. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I always liked her, so I was surprised she married him. I have a hard time liking Miranda Lambert because she married Blake too. I figure their views can't be too different. 

When Miranda was married to him she bought him a tree stand for deer hunting for Christmas. She was dead to me after I learned that.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I was a fan of hers until that Harajuku Girls phase. Even back then I thought it was creepy, bizarre and that it also made me really uncomfortable. Her marrying Blake Shelton made me realize that something really isn't right in that head of hers.

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I was a fan of hers until that Harajuku Girls phase. Even back then I thought it was creepy, bizarre and that it also made me really uncomfortable.

I think it was that she had them as backup...pets almost. I can understand what she says was the concept, that you run into a culture and you just fall in love with it and want to share it with the world in your own way, but that isn't what it looked like. It looked like she jumped on something that was becoming popular and used it to advance her own career. I don't get the sense that she appreciated that culture so much as she thought they looked cool and wanted them in her videos. 

I loved her back in her No Doubt days but the whole Harajuku thing put me off a bit and then the whole Blake Sheldon thing basically ruined any residual good will I felt from her awesome ska beginnings. 

• Like 10
12 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

Sounds like Gwen would get along with grifter Hillary Hayward-Thomas, born in Boston but pretends she's Spanish, aka Hilaria Baldwin. 

Sorry, but I think that there is a big difference in wanting to ID with another culture like Miss Stefani seems to have done with that segment of Japanese society and going all out and pretending one is ACTUALLY from an entirely different nationality and background than one is which is the case of Mrs. 'Princessa Caraboo' Baldwin!

IMO, it's slightly flaky as opposed to deliberately misleading!

• Like 5
  • Wink 2

Reading through this discussion, I remembered Gwen also got a lot of shit for using a bindi as a fashion statement. She doesn't comport herself well over this either. 

Gwen explains that she began wearing bindis after spending time around Tony Kanal’s mom. He is Indian, and she would often see his mother wearing traditional Indian clothing and a bindi. The forehead decorations have a religious and cultural significance for many South Asian women, which is why some people find it problematic for Western women like Gwen Stefani to wear them.

Last year, Vice writer Wanna Thompson slammed the singer for culturally appropriating the bindi early on in her career. Gwen doesn’t directly address the accusations that she’s engaged in culture appropriation through her fashion choices, but she does seem to suggest that she began wearing the bindi as a form of cultural appreciation. She also reveals that she didn’t seek out the adornment herself, saying that Tony’s mother once gave her some bindis.

“I was just so unbelievably fascinated by Indian culture in particular because Tony Kanal, who was my boyfriend at the time⁠ — he’s the bass player for No Doubt⁠⁠ — is Indian,” Gwen says in the video.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Could someone elaborate on why Blake Shelton is so offensive?  He seems like a really nice guy, especially on the voice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Here are just some of the tweets.

Tweets that is over ten years ago. Yes, I read the tweets and I do believe people can learn and change.

But I have a problem with the response with one.  

“Re-writing my fav Shania Twain song... Any man that tries Touching my behind He’s gonna be a beaten, bleedin’, heaving kind of guy…”

If a woman wrote this we be praising her. Letting the world know that if a man touches her without her permission she is going to kick his ass. Why is it not ok for a man to say.

Brendan Fraser and Terry Crews were definitely not ok with it. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, xfuse said:

Tweets that is over ten years ago. Yes, I read the tweets and I do believe people can learn and change.

But I have a problem with the response with one.  

If a woman wrote this we be praising her. Letting the world know that if a man touches her without her permission she is going to kick his ass. Why is it not ok for a man to say.

I do believe people can change over time. But Blake said many offensive things, was not young when he said them, and never really apologized. He dismissed all of it as jokes and kept it moving.

As for that tweet specially, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for anyone who touches another person without consent. I believe the men you mentioned were assaulted though and had serious conversations about it. Based on Blake’s series of anti-gay tweets, I don’t know if he was exactly seriously tweeting out against assault by changing the lyrics to the Shania song. 

I don’t watch The Voice, so maybe that’s another reason I don’t see Blake as this nice guy. Sounds like he was never his old Twitter self on that show. 

• Like 15
21 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I think it was that she had them as backup...pets almost. I can understand what she says was the concept, that you run into a culture and you just fall in love with it and want to share it with the world in your own way, but that isn't what it looked like. It looked like she jumped on something that was becoming popular and used it to advance her own career. I don't get the sense that she appreciated that culture so much as she thought they looked cool and wanted them in her videos. 

Yeah, there's a difference between appreciating and being influenced by a culture and copying it almost wholesale because you want to look cool.

• Like 12
7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Yeah, there's a difference between appreciating and being influenced by a culture and copying it almost wholesale because you want to look cool.

True but is Miss Stefani doing more than just showing appreciation for Japanese culture? She hasn't pretended that she was actually Japanese despite not having hailed from that nation or having been raised there! I mean the singer Brenda Lee has long since shown appreciation for the culture and even released several Japanese-language songs- half-jokingly stating that she loves going there because it's the only place where she can buy adult clothes off the rack instead of children's clothes or custom made clothes for her 4'9" stature!

• Like 1
On 1/11/2023 at 2:20 PM, Mabinogia said:

I agree. I just can’t take her argument that it is appreciation seriously when she is treating the people she claims to appreciate as human props. They were only allowed to speak Japanese and she gave them cutesy names to promote her album. I don’t even consider it appropriation. To me that is straight up fetishization which just pisses me off. 

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

True but is Miss Stefani doing more than just showing appreciation for Japanese culture?

Yes. 

10 hours ago, xfuse said:

I'd be curious about the reason for the tweet.  Context is everything, 

With Brendan and Terry we know they were both actually sexually assaulted.  So their experience is different. 

National statistics say that 91% of sexual assault victims are women vs. 9% who are men.  It simply isn't something that normally rises to the forefront of men's consciousness like it does a woman's.  And women of course, even when they are not actually assaulted, often have to be  hyper vigilant about the possibility of it with street harassment and men becoming aggressive and or violent when rejected.  Again not something men have to often confront or think about.

So with that tweet, it only works in context if he was responding to something about assault.  If he wasn't, then it coming from nowhere and specifying  'any man' who touches him versus 'anyone' who touches him, it does come off as sounding rather gay panic-y.

• Like 17
20 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

From what I can tell there was no context. Just a random tweet. Which was the norm for him. He enjoying saying shocking things on twitter. Once I was a fan of his then I ended up on his twitter and realized he’s an ass. 
Looks like his twitter is now managed by someone else and is purely promotional. 

12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Sucks that the Twitter account that posted screenshots of those tweets originally which almost all of the sources who reported on them used seems to now be suspended. I don't like using the sources I'm about to. Having said that they mention some tweets that the Daily Beast article did especially about women. There are mentions of some other ones in this Daily Fail article and in this Page Six one.

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

With Brendan and Terry we know they were both actually sexually assaulted.  So their experience is different. 

National statistics say that 91% of sexual assault victims are women vs. 9% who are men.  It simply isn't something that normally rises to the forefront of men's consciousness like it does a woman's. 

I'm curious about the juxtaposition here. Leaving Blake Shelton out of the equation altogether, Brendan Fraser and Terry Crews were assaulted. Does them being in the paltry nine percent of men who are made to go through that make a difference, and if so, why? I wasn't aware the statistics are that imbalanced, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. I would argue a bit that that's why men are believed even less when they claim they were abused or assaulted, because there's such a wide gap in the stats, but again, it doesn't seem pertinent.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Blergh said:

True but is Miss Stefani doing more than just showing appreciation for Japanese culture? She hasn't pretended that she was actually Japanese despite not having hailed from that nation or having been raised there! I mean the singer Brenda Lee has long since shown appreciation for the culture and even released several Japanese-language songs- half-jokingly stating that she loves going there because it's the only place where she can buy adult clothes off the rack instead of children's clothes or custom made clothes for her 4'9" stature!

It's about how she used the trappings of the culture as nothing but props.  Dani put it better than I could.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'm curious about the juxtaposition here. Leaving Blake Shelton out of the equation altogether, Brendan Fraser and Terry Crews were assaulted. Does them being in the paltry nine percent of men who are made to go through that make a difference, and if so, why?

In my opinion if you leave Blake Shelton out of the equation it doesn’t make any difference but it is also a completely different conversation. 

11 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I wasn't aware the statistics are that imbalanced, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. I would argue a bit that that's why men are believed even less when they claim they were abused or assaulted, because there's such a wide gap in the stats, but again, it doesn't seem pertinent.

I think it’s relevant to the conversation because the lower percentage makes it much less likely it is going to be something men are frequently thinking about. And that, absent any greater context, a comment like Shelton’s isn’t likely to be related to assault concerns. So, I can’t equate what Shelton said with a woman saying the same thing because the potential for harassment and assault is something most women have to consider every single day of their lives. 

I beg to differ! IMO, it seems Miss Spears went to the restaurant to have a meal but got bombarded by nosy shutterbugs who couldn't let her eat in peace!  I grant that her reaction wasn't the most calm or rational one.

However, it's been somewhat evident that she's not in the most stable shape so the BEST thing everyone within could have done was to put their cameras down and  just have let her eat her meal in peace like virtually every restaurant patron gets to do!

P.S. Nice that Mr. Asghari took the trouble to dress up for the swanky eatery.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3

If you want privacy, you don’t sit in the middle of the restaurant where everyone looks at you. I’m sure this isn’t the first time they’ve been out to eat since meeting, just the first we’ve heard of it since she acted a fool. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

If Britney had stormed out it would have made sense.   But Hubby stormed out because she got pissed at people playing papparazzi?  Yeah way to be supportive of your wife there buster.    I think Britney was faking the gibberish.   I mean people start filming you when you don't want to be -- start babbling.   Maybe they will stop.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

IDK.  I have some sympathy for her but think she must be very high maintenance.  Maybe he's realizing she's more than he can handle.  It can't be easy to live with a diva, especially one with her mental health struggles.  Her personality disorder(s) don't even allow her to put her children's needs above her own, so he's likely not faring much better.  Must be an exhausting existence for both of them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Britney posted on her instagram about the incident in her normal rambling way. She says she was “a little bit drunk” and “looking like shrek”. 

And why did so many folks feel the need to take their Smartphones out to zap her pic when she clearly wanted to be left alone to eat a meal?

It's not as though Miss Spears's images are as rare as those of yetis, dodos or the late Howard Hughes.

I just wish she had someone in her life who'd encourage her to get off the sauce,etc.  and try to live her life as soberly as possible while doing her best to make her peace with her demons.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I just wish she had someone in her life who'd encourage her to get off the sauce,etc.  and try to live her life as soberly as possible while doing her best to make her peace with her demons.

I think the issue is Britney doesn't think she has any demons.

• Like 10