Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Suzywriter said:

His parents lost their jobs when he was 12 and he had to move in with his grandparents. 

And now he lives in his parents’ pool house behind their lovely home. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

What was this precious man's backstory and why is he so mad?  I came in late.

Mark Rutland, Orlando Fl, age 42, lives in mom Maria and dad Rocky's guest house.    His trauma was dad and mom lost their jobs and everyone had to move in with grandma in Arizona.    First month weight 715.     His mother is a total enabler, and makes him meals that are huge, and he crams everything in his pie hole as fast as he can.     You can tell the camera crew loathes him, after the close ups of him whining, and cramming food in.  

No his tortillas aren't on Dr. Now's diet, and neither is anything else he's gulping down. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dude, there are these things called standing desks. You do not have to sit. 

I realized at some point during WFH that if I put my laptop on the shelf above my desk it's just about the perfect height to stand up for a bit here and there. (The desk itself does pose a threat to my knees if I'm not careful but I can march in place and whatnot.) It works for things that don't require a ton of concentration.

• Like 1

I see this 42 year old Baby Huey and wonder what’s going to happen to him when mom and dad are no longer there. 

I’ve had clients who were completely lost and contemplated suicide because they had no life skills. 

Mom and dad are doing him no favors. 

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Who uses travel agents?

I wondered if he did travel for organizations? We had an outside travel agent for the university. I did my conference travel thru them, but I could also use them for personal travel (since he mentioned Valentine's Day travel). Other than that, yeah, I think that's a no growth field.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Mark Rutland, Orlando Fl, age 42, lives in mom Maria and dad Rocky's guest house.    His trauma was dad and mom lost their jobs and everyone had to move in with grandma in Arizona.    First month weight 715.     His mother is a total enabler, and makes him meals that are huge, and he crams everything in his pie hole as fast as he can.     You can tell the camera crew loathes him, after the close ups of him whining, and cramming food in.  

They must not have been managing their finances properly. Wasn’t mom saying something about working as an aerospace engineer or have I lost it? I think they played a lot of “ keep up with the Jones’s” and when they were laid off had nothing saved. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I wondered if he did travel for organizations? We had an outside travel agent for the university. I did my conference travel thru them, but I could also use them for personal travel (since he mentioned Valentine's Day travel). Other than that, yeah, I think that's a no growth field.

You might be right...He did say "travel department" when he answered the call. Suggests a department within another entity, not just a travel-planning company.

Just now, aliya said:

It wasn't for a long time but it's actually a growing field now. After the travel nightmares of the pandemic people want to go to people with expertise. And rich people and companies have never stopped using advisors. The brick and mortar storefronts are largely a thing of the past so out of sight, out of mind. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I see this 42 year old Baby Huey and wonder what’s going to happen to him when mom and dad are no longer there. 

I’ve had clients who were completely lost and contemplated suicide because they had no life skills. 

Mom and dad are doing him no favors. 

I had the same thought.  He wants to live on his own? And then what? He's just going to eat Fruit Loops and order pizza?  

He looked surprised that he should have visited a doctor by his age.  Imagine him trying to do his own taxes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

@Pepper Mostly,should I catch up on the latest 90 Day?

I couldn't watch it.  Same old, same old these women get involved with men from an entirely different culture and then stand around saying, "but I am an American!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

They must not have been managing their finances properly. Wasn’t mom saying something about working as an aerospace engineer or have I lost it? I think they played a lot of “ keep up with the Jones’s” and when they were laid off had nothing saved. 

She said "aerospace job" but didn't specify...could have been an engineer...or a receptionist at an aerospace company...

• Useful 1

I think this might be the first poundpicipant I’ve seen with a pool. All the others had to go to public pools where they feared being stared at. This guy actually lives right behind his parents’ pool. 

• Like 5
Just now, Lillith said:

It wasn't for a long time but it's actually a growing field now. After the travel nightmares of the pandemic people want to go to people with expertise. And rich people and companies have never stopped using advisors. The brick and mortar storefronts are largely a thing of the past so out of sight, out of mind. 

I use a TA when I cruise because they throw in extra perks. Also many travel credit cards now have travel depts as a perk for their card holders. They can get upgrades for you 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Agreed, I worked with a travel agency who handled travel for MIT when I worked there. But only for complicated trips. Usually if my boss was traveling she'd book her own flights and I'd book her hotels and rental cars if she needed them. If she was invited somewhere to give a talk or something and the organization she was visiting was paying they might have me book through their travel agency, especially if it was government affiliated, you'd have to use their preferred vendors. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1