Type keyword(s) to search

Manzo'd With Children - General Discussion

• Start Topic

How old is Chris? That scene shot from behind as they walked into the library - I honestly thought Chris was Caroline. He looked like a fat middle-aged woman carrying a large purse. He also does the rocking as he walks that the obese often do. When did he become so unhealthy?

• Love 2

I know this show is shit but would you guys like to come up with a different thread title for season two?  My take is the snarkier the better.

Season 2:  The “kids” join AARP

Season 2: Run, Vito, run!

Season 2: Somebody wake Al, his family is on TV

Season 2: Watch who wipes the counters this week

Season 2:  Still sitting on the kitchen counter

Season 2: Caroline claims the family is interesting

Season 2: What hath Satan Andy wrought upon us?

Season 2: Take your No Doze now

Season 2: TV schedule space wasted on wastes of humanity

Season 2: Will this ever get interesting?

Season 2: Proving Manzo’d means bored to tears

Season 2: Not enough wine to handle the whine

• Love 12

I love them all but my favorite 3 are:

1. Not enough wine to handle the whine

2. Still sitting on the kitchen counter

3.Will this ever get interesting?

• Love 1
How old is Chris? That scene shot from behind as they walked into the library - I honestly thought Chris was Caroline. He looked like a fat middle-aged woman carrying a large purse. He also does the rocking as he walks that the obese often do. When did he become so unhealthy?

I am crying from laughing so hard.

To answer your question - probably since he moved out and started trying to recreate his college years that never happened with constant beer drinking, wing and pizza eating. 

• Love 4

Well, now we can say that shirt-folding goes right up there with counter-wiping in the Italian housewives' skill set.

WTF with that shirt-folding gadget?  This episode was worth watching for that jaw-dropping spectacle.  Vito is another mama's boy who will never grow up.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1

Only caught glimpses of the shower episode. But here is my impression:

While the Manzo pool area, patio, and back yard is very nice...I thought the whole thing looked cheap and too busy. All the colors, decorations,  floral arrangements, chachkees, and various worn out cliche bridal shower crap was overdone. Including Caroline herself, and the ever unimpressive, Lauren, in their long white dresses. Sheesh, Caroline needed a friggin haircut and styling. Caroline's hair and makeup throughout every episode looks like she got caught in the rain and everything went flat. Oh those thin plucked eyebrows with the awful smokey eye in her talking heads. Just awful.  Lauren must be doing her makeup. 

And more of Caroline's tiring lecturing, wise mama schtick and podium-speak and toasting about making your child, happy, and the happiest day of her life and happy and happier, and the happiest and the greatest and the bestest . Oh that Lauren is the GREATEST DAUGHTER EVER.

Caroline should NEVER be given a microphone and asked to toast anything again. That brat Lauren is a bumbling untalented thick skulled uninspiring personality-less incurious drip. And she marrying her match in Vito...ahhh they will take the deli world by storm !

And the big cardboard box caper! hiding Greg! and the wild trumpet intro! Wow hilarity ensues !!!!

.....I've seen Brady Bunch plots that were more exciting than that.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 9

Well, now we can say that shirt-folding goes right up there with counter-wiping in the Italian housewives' skill set.

WTF with that shirt-folding gadget?  This episode was worth watching for that jaw-dropping spectacle.  Vito is another mama's boy who will never grow up.

Vito. He has disappointed me so. I thought he was going to force baby Lauren to grow up fast once they were married. You know, teaching her what is was like to be married and standing on your own two feet. But nooooo, now we find out he is just as spoiled by his nutjob mama.  He likes his shirts folded like they do in the mall stores, and he likes his peanut butter chunky and will only drink whole milk with it and likes 2% with his cereal. Or do I have that backwards? Has Vito lived at home all of his life as well? Lauren has been with him for years, you think she would know these things about him by now. Oy, these two...

• Love 6

OMG, that is so freaking funny!

• Love 1

At this point, I think it's Lauren who needs to run. With his milk demands, turn down service expectations, and American Eagle contraption for getting his shirts "just so", he can fuck off. 

• Love 3

Who's the ghostwriter?  And as a librarian, I have to just virtually high-five the librarian who kicked him out of the children's area.  While it seems like a silly rule, adults are not allowed to use the children's area unless they are accompanying a child.  Good for her for making him follow the rules, and balls to him for passive aggressively shaming her for doing so!

Also, I love how Caroline says this book writing is "right up his alley..."  And how she drove him there and set him up in the kid's section like he's a third-grader writing his first book report.

From stripper-carwashes to books.  Unless you're Bukowski, sorry - no dice.

Edited by misschung
  • Love 9

Who's the ghostwriter?  And as a librarian, I have to just virtually high-five the librarian who kicked him out of the children's area.  While it seems like a silly rule, adults are not allowed to use the children's area unless they are accompanying a child.  Good for her for making him follow the rules, and balls to him for passive aggressively shaming her for doing so!

I don't think this is universally true, or maybe not for women patrons.  Two years ago, I decided for some reason that at the age of 58 I had to read Judy Blume's Fourth Grade Nothing, and finding it hilarious, I tracked down all the others of that series at the town library.  I was welcomed to the children's section.  What about parents who want to go pick up books for their kids, who may not have accompanied them? 

I think they played this up for the cameras, because a library can't forbid members from reading the books of their choice.  It's a public service.  If there is such a rule, and an adult needs the material for research, the librarian would have to get it for him so he could read it in the adult section. not just throw him out of the building like a perv.

Also, I love how Caroline says this book writing is "right up his alley..."  And how she drove him there and set him up in the kid's section like he's a third-grader writing his first book report.

That said, this observation is hilariously spot on!  Chris is so childish he should have lifetime privileges in the kids' section.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

From stripper-carwashes to books.  Unless you're Bukowski, sorry - no dice.

Love the Bukowski reference. ..

Lauren seems to enjoy all the attention she is getting for being a bride.  It must have been a rude awakening for her once the wedding was over and her marriage began. 

All she has to do is get pregnant with the very first grandchild and she will have all that attention all over again.  I can just see Caroline now. Lord knows those sons will not be giving her grandchildren any time soon. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

"I don't think this is universally true, or maybe not for women patrons. Two years ago, I decided for some reason that at the age of 58 I had to read Judy Blume's Fourth Grade Nothing, and finding it hilarious, I tracked down all the others of that series at the town library. I was welcomed to the children's section. What about parents who want to go pick up books for their kids, who may not have accompanied them?"

They can browse or enter the children's area but generally they aren't supposed to loiter or set up camp unless accompanying a child. But yes I agree it was played up for the show, much like everything. Sorry, can't seem to quote the right way on my phone!

I caught part of the episode last night. So, Big Al is going to foot the bill for their family and Vito's family to go to Italy on the honeymoon? Did I hear that right? Of course, we all know it is Bravo who will be footing the bill and shooting more episodes.

Must be nice to get the wedding paid for and now a European honeymoon.

Yes, the baby will be coming next. This will go on forever.

• Love 1

I caught part of the episode last night. So, Big Al is going to foot the bill for their family and Vito's family to go to Italy on the honeymoon? Did I hear that right? Of course, we all know it is Bravo who will be footing the bill and shooting more episodes.

Must be nice to get the wedding paid for and now a European honeymoon.

Yes, the baby will be coming next. This will go on forever.

No, Pickles, it's actually even more rediculous than that. Big Al is paying for a trip to Italy with both families BEFORE the wedding, then after the wedding Lauren and Vito will go to Puerto Rico on their honeymoon as originally planned. Because as Caroline explains it, Lauren had to settle for Puerto Rico because they couldn't afford their dream honeymoon to Italy. So what does Big Al do? He gives them both! That's the way to teach your kid she can't always have everything she wants. 

• Love 1

This show is nothing but a huge advertisement for whatever doofy project the boys have going on at the moment and they're also throwing Vito and his family at our faces so we get to know them well enough to want a Lauren/Vito spinoff - Caroline has tried with the boys and it just ain't gonna happen so Lauren is her only chance for her family to stay on T.V.

Tell me, is Caroline always up at the butt crack of dawn making meatballs? How did Lauren get her clothes changed and a full face of make-up before getting to her hotel room where everyone was already assembled and suddenly it was nighttime? I know, I know but at least they could try to make it believable. The drag club where everyone was assembled behind their table behind a wall, yet they had the dance floor to themselves sealed off for taping.  Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

• Love 1

Are you kidding? Who has a honeymoon before they tie the knot? And why go away with your inlaws and parents? Not very "romantical," as I can imagine... 

It's not intended to be the honeymoon.  It's a get-to-know-each other trip for the families.  The honeymoon will be after the wedding, just Lauren & Vito.  (Unless of course Chris pops up out of their luggage as some kind of awful surprise.)

• Love 1

It's not intended to be the honeymoon. It's a get-to-know-each other trip for the families. The honeymoon will be after the wedding, just Lauren & Vito. (Unless of course Chris pops up out of their luggage as some kind of awful surprise.)

A get to know each other trip for 2 families whose children have been dating for 8 years?

And while PR is beautiful I don't buy for a second that is their backup plan for a "dream honeymoon". We cant afford Italy so lets take a 2 hr plane ride to San Juan? Either someone can't get a passport (ohhh scandalous) or Bravo got an invite from the island's tourist board to have someone/anyone film there and Bingo, Lauren is it!

• Love 1

I caught the preview last night (please don't judge me; I spent too long power couponing and didn't realize I had missed the RHoOC one) and might have corneal damage (in addition to cataracts) from rolling my eyes so much and hard at their claim they were all spontaneously going to Italy before Lauren's wedding to "get to know each other". Yeah, one afternoon they decided they'd goto Italy...

... and why did Caroline seem so pleased with herself over making her future son in law beg her to share a room with his finance?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2

I caught the preview last night (please don't judge me; I spent too long power couponing and didn't realize I had missed the RHoOC one) and might have corneal damage (in addition to cataracts) from rolling my eyes so much and hard at their claim they were all spontaneously going to Italy before Lauren's wedding to "get to know each other". Yeah, one afternoon they decided they'd goto Italy...

... and why did Caroline seem so pleased with herself over making her future son in law beg her to share a room with his finance?

Because she's a self-righteous twit?

I'm just catching the beginning of this ep now.  It's so clear this is a giant promo for this Meridiana airlines, of which I had never heard.  Nice, business class seats for eight people.  They must be offering new service to Naples.  What a racket.

He also said he didn't want to get married, which just about gave Caroline a heart attack.

Does anyone think Chris might be gay, and Greg Bennett was a former date or lover?  I can't even imagine what that would be like for him in this family.  Caroline would smile/cry every time she talked about it. Ugh.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 6