Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

EJ and Nicole are a top reason I don't even bother tuning in since the move to Peacock. I could never stand her or her hair, hate them together, and loathe NuEJ.  If Ron ever decides to just make NuEJ an imposter, then I might not skip over their scenes. Till then, I'd rather watch the trainwreck that is this Heaven Isn't Too Far Away storyline, and that's saying something. 

• Like 4

Eric turning on Sloane so quickly makes no sense. I think they made a mistake dropping them so fast. I am excited to see where Sloane goes from here though.

Every single part of the Rolf adventures today were straight up amazing. I was howling with laughter.

I really like Rafe and Jada but like Rafe in a relationship is the worst Rafe so I kinda don’t want them to actually go there.

Li continues is be the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Isn't it a little ironic that Li is arrested for brainwashing Stephen on the same day that Brady and Eric are prepared to do the same?  Are we supposed to feel Brady is somehow justified because Chloe is his One True Love?  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

I enjoyed Mr. Shin slapping his son. Not so much his treatment of Wendy, but she is not a son.

Rolf just couldn’t find a huge stereo with mega watts instead of every kitchen appliance available? Is the hand mixer supposed to blend and mix Stefan’s brain? Who will lick the beaters? Do they stick something in the crock pot? I had a good laugh at Rolf’s ingenuity.

Sloan on the warpath. Eric, you were enjoying yourself with her - why did you turn? 

Brady, you are also brainwashing Stefan and you might get mixed results. Chloe may or may not want either you or Stefan.

I did enjoy EJ and Nicole putting things together about Stefan drugging both of them. Wonder what sort of plan they will come up with.

Jada, why are you wasting time on Rafe? He has been a bit more snarky and lively, but it is Rafe.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

Li is having too much fun getting Gabi to agree to his plan, I get such a kick out of him.  Li & Wendy's father sure is dismissive of both of his children.  I hope Eric & Sloan are not done as a couple, I liked them together, Eric was less mopey with her.   I like Wendy & Johnny working together investigating what is going on with the drug they found.   Rolf's crazy "machine" of waffle maker, mixer & other assorted kitchen appliances had me laughing.   And there sure were a lot of "S-O-B"s being spoken today by various characters.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Today's episode was comedy gold. Li and Gabi hooking back up, Eric and Brady trying to erase Chloe from Stefan's brain, EJ and Nicole plotting against Stefan, the cops coming to arrest Li. Who will be left running DiMiera?  It will have to be Gabi and EJ making some sort of deal.

Rolf was hilarious today, with his jury-rigged equipment and the salad tongs he attached to Stefan's brain.

And Mister Shen is a horrible person.

Oh, and why did there just happen to be a projector in that room over the pub?

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Li & Wendy's father sure is dismissive of both of his children.

They need a new Shen sibling to be Daddy's golden child.

Edited by RedElf
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

wanted John to let Anna ramble on.  She is enjoyable.  Who knew Peter Blake was hairy and dreamy ?

So what are the rules of hells angles communication?  Kate was calling Roman not Paulina . Is just who ever is next to her urn?   Why the urn?  Her remains are obviously not in there.  I am thinking of this why to much. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I laughed at Anna telling everyone that Peter Blake was hairy and dreamy. Even though she is married to debonair Tony. A girl can look. I don’t remember Megan Hathaway much.

Julie, you will be the end of Nick when you see him in the afterlife. He may change with you there. At least he let the ladies leave. My creamcheese fantasy was disappointed in the mention of the ambrosia salad and muesli. Kate’s martini sounded better.

There could be a spin-off featuring the talking urn and a passer by,

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Loved today's episode. Anna is always a highlight.  Loved scrolling thru the list of Dimera relatives. Would love for them to bring Peter back and Steven to the show.

Appreciated the serious scenes with Nick and Jake. Glad that they mentioned his rape and how the trauma he experienced changed his character forever.  

• Like 10

Anna is everything, and Anna with Tony is everything squared.  

All I want from Show is a bi-weekly segment of Cocktail time with Anna and Tony.

So, another AARP child of Stefano's is alive and pulling the strings.  Kristen is gonna be so pissed.  Here's hoping that Megan isn't also going to want a geriatric baby with Brady.  He does attract them.

There's the Eric I know!  He betrays the women he's been sleeping with and HE gets mad at HER.  If forced to choose, I'll take Sami every time over her dimwitted dullard of a sanctimonious hypocrite of a  twin brother.

I'm probably being unfair here, but enough with shoehoring Paulina into every storyline and every scene.  The urn stuff was funny, for a while, but I just can't take Paulina's huffing and mugging and acting like she even knows these people for very long.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, A.J. said:

That was totally uncalled for.  I wish Li would have hit back. 

His father is old school. It would be interesting for the show to address modern times with the Shin family and that the dad’s behavior pattern is not acceptable today.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Raped by whom?

Nick was raped while in prison. The trauma of his rape was the driving force behind his obsession with Gabi, and his homophobia toward Will and Sonny. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, boes said:

All I want from Show is a bi-weekly segment of Cocktail time with Anna and Tony.

So, another AARP child of Stefano's is alive and pulling the strings.  Kristen is gonna be so pissed.  Here's hoping that Megan isn't also going to want a geriatric baby with Brady.  He does attract them.

There's the Eric I know!  He betrays the women he's been sleeping with and HE gets mad at HER.  If forced to choose, I'll take Sami every time over her dimwitted dullard of a sanctimonious hypocrite of a  twin brother.

I'm probably being unfair here, but enough with shoehoring Paulina into every storyline and every scene.  The urn stuff was funny, for a while, but I just can't take Paulina's huffing and mugging and acting like she even knows these people for very long.

I love everything about this post and want to like it 1,000 times.

I've always thought JH was more of a caricature than a character and her "acting" has only gotten worse as she's gotten older.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Nick was raped while in prison. The trauma of his rape was the driving force behind his obsession with Gabi, and his homophobia toward Will and Sonny. 

Honestly, I was riveted by that storyline. It was also funny, because I knew the prison daddy from a previous movie he did called Boy Culture where he played a rent boy named X in the Portland, Washington area.

There had to be some kind of thing going on behind the scenes, because it seemed like they were giving Nick a redemption arc when they had Nick and Gabi dealing with the Prison Daddy abduction but then they abruptly threw out all that work.

I really liked the fun of Eric hooking up with Sloane so of course they abruptly broke them up for....reasons? 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This show is best when you just turn your brain off and enjoy the insanity and hilarity of it all.

Yeah, that might have continued to work if the show was still on NBC. But now viewers have to pay money to watch this poorly written mess. Just like Passions, viewers patience will eventually run out and they will stop paying to watch something they're not enjoying. 

• Like 9

I enjoy it plenty.

The show keeps getting renewed, they gave it multiple sister series and a movie on Peacock, and they brought it to Peacock likely because they thought it could boost the service so I think there must be enough people who enjoy it in the eyes of NBC. Although I guess maybe a bunch of people are paying to hate watch it. It seems like most of the people here who hate it though aren’t paying for it so who knows.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, boes said:

No not unfair at all. Paulina should not be ingratiating herself in everybody's business.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

My conclusion from 2/3's of the Bengay gang "searching" the Dimera house and tossing the rooms is that both John and Steve should make appointments with Vision Works on their way home. If they are such great "detectives" how did they not find Rolf's lab or any of the other shady shit in the basement.  See this is one of the many reasons why Milo is smarter than they are, he at least owns a pair of glasses. 

23 hours ago, boes said:

Don't give Ron any ideas or we'll end up with Hot Tub Baby, Swamp Baby's half sibling. 

13 hours ago, Sidney said:

Yeah, that might have continued to work if the show was still on NBC. But now viewers have to pay money to watch this poorly written mess. Just like Passions, viewers patience will eventually run out and they will stop paying to watch something they're not enjoying. 

Yes, if Days wants to survive on a streaming service it needs to operate more like a streaming show. In addition to the crappy storylines, the current daily format does not work well for driving viewers to not only tune in, but to keep watching/binging.  Heck, they'd be better off to reformat the old episodes from the 80s into storylines and let people binge the classics. Back then there actually was action, mystery, adventure, on location shoots, super couples etc. that kept you tuning in. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 3
On 2/25/2023 at 12:50 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoy it plenty.

The show keeps getting renewed, they gave it multiple sister series and a movie on Peacock, and they brought it to Peacock likely because they thought it could boost the service so I think there must be enough people who enjoy it in the eyes of NBC. Although I guess maybe a bunch of people are paying to hate watch it. It seems like most of the people here who hate it though aren’t paying for it so who knows.

Well its free with my Xfinity when that ends no I won't go out of my way to pay it however there are other shows Peacock does have that others are probably willing to pay for and Days is a convenient by product of that.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3

They couldn't get Marlena a better tombstone?

Just watching Brandon playing Jake, you can soo how he plays him differently vs. Stefan.  He does a great job at this.

Listening to Nick talking about how Will will mourn the ladies, it occurred to me that he won't be there when they come back. And probably, neither will Sami.

So who's ashes are in that urn? And how can Kate talk through it if they aren't hers?

How do John and Steve know that Megan is still alive?

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

All of the earlier names are on contract.  The later names are recurring.  Though I don't know who's considered the last contract name.

Yea, that's what I don't get; how do people know when the contract players stop and recurring start?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

Happy twenty-fifth anniversary, Arianne Zucker and Nicole Walker!

Wow!  I give Ron all sorts of kudos for being able to pull off snagging some old footage of Jensen's Eric!  And boy!  Arianne looks like she's barely aged since her very first scene!  Her voice has gotten deeper, but her appearance doesn't look that different!

Roman, stay out of Eric's life.  If he wants Nicole back, it'll happen.  But if he doesn't, then let it be.  These things have to happen -- or not happen -- in their own time.  Not because you want them to.

Tony and Anna make things so much better.  Tony's reactions to all things being discussed about Megan were priceless, as were Anna's remarks about her.  Though I do have to ask why she said that some things never change about Megan when it was mentioned that she tried to kill Hope.  Did she do so before back in the '80s?

So John and Steve are going to investigate and see if they can find Megan?  Awesome.  Let's see how long it takes for them to figure it out.  And Andrew is now an ISA agent who's heading up the investigation?  Nice!  Like father, like son, then!

Okay episode!

Yes, Megan did try to kill Hope back then. Megan was "killed" by Larry Welch in the middle of her plot to kill Hope. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Did everyone know Megan had tried to kill Hope? Was it discussed afterwards in the 80s?

I always wonder when characters discuss stuff that may not have been public knowledge. Ron likes to drop references so much you can never tell what's a meta reference for the audience's benefit and what's actually been established in the world of the show.

Does Anna really know that Megan was always jealous of Hope? Was she around to see that?

I hate how they're writing Megan. It's Eve all over again. Campy and OTT. The actress seems really warm and motherly and isn't selling it. Also, why wake them up...if you're just going to knock them out again? To blablabla for 15 minutes? Lame, for someone supposedly staying "ten steps ahead" of everyone.

Is it still okay to say you were Shanghai-ed? Is that insensitive? I couldn't help but feel it was thrown into the sentence purposely because of the reference to Asian Paul.

I like that Kate's urn is that lilac color.

Hey, a reference to the Marlena clones!

Paulina is a terrible interviewer. Wish someone else had gotten to be on screen. Abe has zero chemistry with her.

Congrats AZ!!! You're great. So many years of terrific work. Take a bow.

SO COOL seeing the Jensen flashbacks. I wonder how they price those out - minute by minute? Sequence by sequence? Or a one-off fee? If it's the latter, I wish they'd shown us more...his reaction to the Marrying Lucas for Money deal, for instance. I never saw that.

Ok, so now Stefano *IS* dead dead? They're not muddying the waters there anymore?

....aaaaand no sooner do I type that, than Anna goes and muddies the waters again! 🙄 God! This show! The hell...?!? 😅

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

SO COOL seeing the Jensen flashbacks. I wonder how they price those out - minute by minute? Sequence by sequence? Or a one-off fee?  😅

Glad JA left the show on good terms that he agreed to let Days use his clips, but it’s nuts the show wants us not to question why Eric of today looks different from past Eric.  And just having Nicole say the throwaway line “I guess we were different people back then” doesn’t cut it.  (Although that was a funny wink wink).

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did everyone know Megan had tried to kill Hope? Was it discussed afterwards in the 80s?

I always wonder when characters discuss stuff that may not have been public knowledge. Ron likes to drop references so much you can never tell what's a meta reference for the audience's benefit and what's actually been established in the world of the show.

Does Anna really know that Megan was always jealous of Hope? Was she around to see that?

I hate how they're writing Megan. It's Eve all over again. Campy and OTT. The actress seems really warm and motherly and isn't selling it. Also, why wake them up...if you're just going to knock them out again? To blablabla for 15 minutes? Lame, for someone supposedly staying "ten steps ahead" of everyone.

Is it still okay to say you were Shanghai-ed? Is that insensitive? I couldn't help but feel it was thrown into the sentence purposely because of the reference to Asian Paul.

I like that Kate's urn is that lilac color.

Hey, a reference to the Marlena clones!

Paulina is a terrible interviewer. Wish someone else had gotten to be on screen. Abe has zero chemistry with her.

Congrats AZ!!! You're great. So many years of terrific work. Take a bow.

SO COOL seeing the Jensen flashbacks. I wonder how they price those out - minute by minute? Sequence by sequence? Or a one-off fee? If it's the latter, I wish they'd shown us more...his reaction to the Marrying Lucas for Money deal, for instance. I never saw that.

Ok, so now Stefano *IS* dead dead? They're not muddying the waters there anymore?

....aaaaand no sooner do I type that, than Anna goes and muddies the waters again! 🙄 God! This show! The hell...?!? 😅

Megan was campy from day one, she was obsessed with Bo and I mean to the point of delusion.  She and Bo  dated when they were 15 and her Mother had schemed to break them up,   Megan was PG at the time and ended up leaving Salem and terminating the pregnancy and Bo took off to the Mechant Marines broken hearted.    When Megan returned to Salem she told Bo they'd had a baby she put up for adoption thinking that alone would get his attention away from Hope who had been threatned to marry Larry Welch  which was all orchestrated by Maxwell Hathaway  (her adopted father on Stefano's payroll) who then got Nick Corelli to get Diane, Bo's High School friend and and ex hooker to give up her little boy who conveniently  was the same age as the child Megan and Bo would've had ( and Bo did not know DIane had a child, until later) whose name ironically was Zack.   

Marlena knew Megan well, because Megan knew about the plot to kill Roman back in 1984 (this island and cliff with Stefano) 

at the crux of the Prism storyline ,  Megan overheard Larry speaking to a friend of Larry's father who created the Prisms and that the prism had been altered to destroy Salem, not save her Father.   Megan confronted Larry and he pushed her into a wall where she died from her injuries and when Larry realized that Megan had set up the hot tub to kill Hope, he placed Megan in it, took all the evidence to show it was plot to kill Hope and set up Hope to be the main suspect.

But Larry's fiancé at the found out Larry had killed Megan, and recorded it, Larry was paranoid and then tried to kill his Fiance with Arsenic.  

There's so much to unpack in 1984, but that's a brief history of Megan.

So as for current Megan, she's just as wicked and campy as she was back in 1984/1985 and just as obsessed.

I always considered Billie Reed to be Megan-lite, just as obsessed with BO, and bitter toward Hope, but had pangs of conscious, though usually after the fact of her scheming ... Megan never , ever had a conscious. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 11

To echo other posters, it was so cool to see the flashback scenes of Eric&Nicole, Jensen was So cute!  I remember being a Nicole&Eric fan, nowadays, not so much.  Got a kick out of seeing Nicole's various hairstyles.  I guess spending so much time on Eric & Nicole's past indicates that they are "Endgame".   I dont like them together now because they bring out the worst in each other.  The "Heavenly Ladies" waking up in the Cyrogenic tubes was amusing.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

I always considered Billie Reed to be Megan-lite, just as obsessed with BO, and bitter toward Hope, but had pangs of conscious, though usually after the fact of her scheming ... Megan never , ever had a conscious. 

I had no clue about Meghan until I watched Beyond Salem. I wonder if Jan Spears going nutso over Shawn D was supposed to be some kind of homage to Meghan. In Jan's case, she was a relatively normal Mean Girl who went crazy after she was recast. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Glad JA left the show on good terms that he agreed to let Days use his clips, but it’s nuts the show wants us not to question why Eric of today looks different from past Eric.  And just having Nicole say the throwaway line “I guess we were different people back then” doesn’t cut it.  (Although that was a funny wink wink).

I thought it was a perfect line.

They often botch the winky-winky stuff, but not that time. Simple, not too hammy or dumb, just a natural thing to say in conversation that has a double meaning for us viewers.

2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Glad JA left the show on good terms that he agreed to let Days use his clips

Is that a thing? He told them "go ahead, by all means" when he left and will never turn around and charge them?

I thought it was a union type thing, and impossible to handwave.

And - correct me if I'm wrong here - but these are the first clips of him I've seen the show use in the last 10 years...even though there were plenty of opportunities to flashback (their wedding being a major one), especially if he'd already given permission.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Probably the same reason nobody questions why Rex looks like old Brady who was married to Chloe.

Or that Roman used be Chris K who was close to the Brady's but now is one of them.

Or the show using WN's Roman/Marlena flashbacks with Alex North.

This is really on par with them.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

Megan was campy from day one, she was obsessed with Bo and I mean to the point of delusion.  She and Bo  dated when they were 15 and her Mother had schemed to break them up,   Megan was PG at the time and ended up leaving Salem and terminating the pregnancy and Bo took off to the Mechant Marines broken hearted.    When Megan returned to Salem she told Bo they'd had a baby she put up for adoption thinking that alone would get his attention away from Hope who had been threatned to marry Larry Welch  which was all orchestrated by Maxwell Hathaway  (her adopted father on Stefano's payroll) who then got Nick Corelli to get Diane, Bo's High School friend and and ex hooker to give up her little boy who conveniently  was the same age as the child Megan and Bo would've had ( and Bo did not know DIane had a child, until later) whose name ironically was Zack.   

Marlena knew Megan well, because Megan knew about the plot to kill Roman back in 1984 (this island and cliff with Stefano) 

at the crux of the Prism storyline ,  Megan overheard Larry speaking to a friend of Larry's father who created the Prisms and that the prism had been altered to destroy Salem, not save her Father.   Megan confronted Larry and he pushed her into a wall where she died from her injuries and when Larry realized that Megan had set up the hot tub to kill Hope, he placed Megan in it, took all the evidence to show it was plot to kill Hope and set up Hope to be the main suspect.

But Larry's fiancé at the found out Larry had killed Megan, and recorded it, Larry was paranoid and then tried to kill his Fiance with Arsenic.  

There's so much to unpack in 1984, but that's a brief history of Megan.

So as for current Megan, she's just as wicked and campy as she was back in 1984/1985 and just as obsessed.

Ahhhhhh interesting. Thanks!

(Also - Jake with Vicky, Jake with Marley, or Jake with Donna?)

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think @DisneyBoy means that when Eric (GV) and Nicole got married recently-ish that they should have shown clips then.

Exactly right. I mean, if they Jensen's okay, why not use flashbacks then?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought it was a perfect line.

They often botch the winky-winky stuff, but not that time. Simple, not too hammy or dumb, just a natural thing to say in conversation that has a double meaning for us viewers.

Is that a thing? He told them "go ahead, by all means" when he left and will never turn around and charge them?

And - correct me if I'm wrong here - but these are the first clips of him I've seen the show use in the last 10 years...even though there were plenty of opportunities to flashback (their wedding being a major one), especially if he'd already given permission.

Sorry, I guess I may have worded my post poorly.  What I meant was Days got permission from JA to use his past clips on the show (I’m not sure if Days had to pay JA though).  Just based on my experience with the show Charmed, after Shannen Doherty left, I think I read she refused to allow clips of her to be used, so although the show could still refer to her character or show her character’s name (like on a tombstone), they couldn’t actually use any image (still or moving) of Shannen from Charmed.  Seems like JA went the opposite route.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

No.  JA doesn't get to say whether or not they use clips of him.  We haven't seen many flashbacks because we rarely see flashbacks of the characters when played by different actors--soaps don't love to remind us of recasts, but they'll break them out in exceptional circumstances. 

As for residuals, I doubt soap actors get much in residuals, and certainly not from episodes that aired 25 years ago.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Nicole chatting with Abe and Paulina. Such an easy dynamic. The old footage was also nice - the young Eric I. And now Eric II. AZ was beautiful from day one and has grown quite a bit in terms of acting.

Tony and Anna were entertaining. Dredging up old memories of Megan Hathaway and wondering if she has Stefano on ice and is planning to use the prisms.

The three ladies were grumpy Goldilocks. I laughed when Megan said that Roman was talking to a goat.

Roman was surprisingly Team Nicole. Yeah, she and Eric still may need a few more rounds before they end up anywhere.

And we get the mystery chamber.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Probably the same reason nobody questions why Rex looks like old Brady who was married to Chloe.

Or that Roman used be Chris K who was close to the Brady's but now is one of them.

Or the show using WN's Roman/Marlena flashbacks with Alex North.

This is really on par with them.

Nobody mentioned how Mimi's mother Bonnie looked like Adrienne. And when Adrienne came back (complete with reddish hair extensions) to see Steve, nobody mentioned how much Adrienne looked like Mimi's mother Bonnie. It wasn't mentioned at all until Ron took over and he decided to do the switch-a-roo hijinks. 

• Like 5
On 2/26/2023 at 9:36 PM, Elio Kukui said:

They saw her in Beyond Salem 2.

15 hours ago, tribeca said:

I thought those were two different universes?

14 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Nope.  The Beyond Salem stories happen parallel to the mothership.

13 hours ago, tribeca said:

Lani was in Salem and Miami at the same time then

I am pretty sure that originally they said that Beyond Salem would be a separate thing that wouldn't impact the mothership show at all but then they just decided to say fuck it and connect them lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 2/23/2023 at 9:16 PM, Elio Kukui said:

His complete change in attitude toward her made even less sense.  I was left scratching my head over it.  Eric was actually happier than he'd been in a while, and they go and do that shit?  WTF?!

Cause we’re already getting “Eric, do you still have feelings for Nicole” from Roman, etc. I observed years ago that Eric is only interested in Nicole when she’s involved with someone else. As soon as she’s free and in his arms so to speak, he finds some way to get all high and mighty and throw her aside. Then he starts pining for her again when she’s moved on. Are we really going for another round of the Eric and Nicole train wreck?

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well I'm glad they did. Otherwise we'd only get what-if stories like the fantasy Christmas stuff...

Wendy is from Beyond Salem and she's probably my favorite character from it. I'm really glad they brought her into the mothership. I still remember when she first showed up here and viewers who didn't see Beyond Salem were confused by us talking about Wendy's history with Joey and Tripp. lol

• Like 8
  • Love 1