Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Jason Gerhardt when younger in 2007 was so pretty as Coop Barrett on GH. And now he's hot as TempEric.

I HATE the practice, as I have said, but if the show wants to put JG in a new role...I can overlook my dislike of actors changing roles. (Hypocritical? Yeah. But JG is such nice eye candy!)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Jason Gerhardt when younger in 2007 was so pretty as Coop Barrett on GH. And now he's hot as TempEric.

I HATE the practice, as I have said, but if the show wants to put JG in a new role...I can overlook my dislike of actors changing roles. (Hypocritical? Yeah. But JG is such nice eye candy!)

🔥🔥🔥Yes he still fine as hell and he was good as Cooper until they through him & 3M away for the biggest down grade ever Baboon Spinsuck/Spixie 🤬😡

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
44 minutes ago, Nique said:

🔥🔥🔥Yes he still fine as hell and he was good as Cooper until they through him & 3M away for the biggest down grade ever Baboon Spinsuck/Spixie 🤬😡

UGH. Don't remind me. KS' Maxie and JG were great together, so of course Coop died for fucking Spinelli. Yes, still bitter 16 years later.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

New Eric sounded southern to me.  He is cute so he can stay for a bit but I need real Eric by soon.     

I'm just glad that this is a temporary casting change due to Greg having Covid at the time. I was so shocked and taken aback when I saw the wording at the bottom of the screen. I don't think I could watch another actor play Eric during this storyline for more than a few episodes.  

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I actually like NuEric better for Sloan. Maybe it's his height. 

Maybe when Greg returns, they can find a spot for the new guy.

I liked him better because he didn't whisper rage or look like he just pooped his pants like GV so often does.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Sloan should be smart enough to realize that Eric is proposing out of obligation and to give the Brady name. Doubt she would say yes if there was no baby, unless to stick it to Nicole. At least EJ was a bit better.

I was distracted by Sarah’s basketball belly. Maggie did tell her some truths. At some point, Xander will find out. Yeah, he does have a insecurity and goes back to illegal or questionable things, and you know that.

Chloe, you are right. It is too fast to consider marriage. When was the last time you spent time with Parker? Have we ever even seen him? At 40 plus, do you want another kid?

Iceland is pretty small. Leo can’t exactly treat it at NYC, where there are lots of places to not be seen.  He may lose both Gwennie and Dimitri.

• Like 5

Missed NuEric yesterday and tuned in today for....more Paulina. Christ. Lucky me. I should keep up to date with the spoilers more.

Is she trying to sound more ridiculous in every episode? One of her line readings today was so absurd it had to be a joke.

Marlena was working all over the place today. And no hypnosis! What a pleasant surprise. Since when does she work at Bayview though?

Abe needs to walk around. I'm getting concerned.

This Harris/Ava thing is more winky winky nonsense, right? Pass.

I agree ShawnD should be Commissioner but I don't like the slant this storyline is giving it...like its somehow a bad thing. Why? Because Rafe is the hero of this story?

His whole arc right now just needs more episodes. We needed to see Shawn with his Dad in a coma, see him tormented by it. Needed to see him drinking more so we could actually get involved in that and see it spiral out of control. See him going to therapy with Marlena, etc. Huge chunks are missing. Almost ALL of it is missing!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

New Mayor is hella racist. I do not trust Ron with this story lol.

Oh is that what's happening? I missed some scenes. Was something overt said to drive the racist angle home?

Frankly, given the recent past, neither candidate should be promoted. Jada is obviously partial to Rafe, and ShawnD is being unprofessional. Too bad there are no other cop characters.

Mostly, I just don't see what Shawn VS Rafe gets us, which seems to be what's happening here. Shawn blackmails Rafe, gets his job and we see none of his work to stay sober? This feels like they're making Shawn the villain.

6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I thought it was a missed opportunity for Kayla to not bring up Steve losing his memory for a while to Abe but the show might've forgotten that already.

Also, it would be the headwriter admitting his tendency to reuse plots (see Jack, Steve, Will, Sarah, Ciara, etc etc etc).

• Like 5

Shawn was promoted because of his last name.  It was made pretty clear.  Will he live up to his parents legacy is the question.  
   Doesn’t Rafe have his own house?   Why was he showering at Jayda and Thalia’s apartment.   That was weird.  His robe covered more of him then her shirt lol. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jada, you've been at this job only a year, your sister was involved in a plot to kill the Mayor and his wife, and you were secretly sleeping with your boss, who has been fired. Don't make this about skin color. You weren't the most likely candidate for this promotion. 

I'm glad the show didnt get too heavy-handed with it and throw Shawn under the bus, but they came close. This was an awkward moment to write a "black people get passed over" scene. It's a very true statement and valid point, but not so applicable here.

*edited to add* Calling him a drunk who put his Dad in a coma? Woooow! Jada, you suck.

Brady wanting to kidnap Rachel makes little sense. Remember how well that went when he ran away with Holly and Nicole? It's a terrible life.

John is being a terrific papa today. Great scenes between him and Brady. I like the torment having a kid with a psycho is creating for them. It's such a cautionary tale...even though Brady was, you know, raped.

Wasn't expecting to see Slimey Cokehead again. He's giving some funny faces though.

Pathetic that Chad thought a "gentleman's agreement" would keep BenAlex at bay, and even worse that Kristen has to give him a reality check 🙄

I used to enjoy the few Chad/EJ/Kristen scenes we'd get back in the day...but SH isn't Kristen, at least not in the sense that I enjoy her. Kristen used to have such a twinkle.

Hate seeing Belle doubting Shawn all the time. Cant they write them as a happy couple? It's been 10 years of "uh oh" and it's a bummer. I'd like to enjoy them more.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Talks, maybe once you finish your community service, time to move on. Now you *are* attracted to Chanel? Seems like half the town is. Maybe just spend some time alone.

Johnny went to NZ? Of course he has to mention his sister and her fabulous new guy. 

Don’t really care for Wendy and Tripp. They are dull.

Crazy Ava? Everyone is still Charlie? Her and Harris hooking up? Tripp leaves his anticipated hookup to go see mom?

Abe has memory loss it wants to resume the Mayor job? Great idea.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yeah was all this New Zealand stuff out of the blue? I half-heard some of it. They're making a sequel...to what? The Possession of Marlena Evans movie, the one that Johnny never actually produced? Or some other script of Will's?

I hate that after becoming so invested in Will as a character, something as major as him selling a film script that actually gets produced is happening off-screen. And yes, I know he did that Xmas script (as a framing device for the Salem Xmas movie) but I somehow doubt that ever got filmed LOL. Pumping out at script the night before it is due doesn't lead to great results. But then, Will's writing career perplexes me in general.

So, Allie has a boyfriend now? What did Johnny say about the lucky bloke? And realistically, what kind of guy would be attracted to Allie's "tired babysitter" energy? Plus, she's bi, which for some people immediately disqualifies her as being unreliable, plus she's a young mother...not the easiest resume to sell in the dating world. And what's her career now?

As much as I still find Johnny lacking as a character, Allie was worse. They really didn't cast her well or do much with her that made sense.

Imagine her discussing her break-up with the new boyfriend: "Yeah, so I just came out of a serious relationship...with my brother's ex-wife, whom I started a business with and then abandoned. How about you?"

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

Gosh: Brady finally came to his senses!  Going on the run was the worst possible decision he could make & John was making all the arguments why he should not do it.  Stephanie/Chad/Alex: Blah.   I did enjoy seeing Thomas & Charlotte, they are cute. 

• Like 5

I honestly don't know which is more boring. Tripp/Wendy or Chad/Stephanie. Both couples are like  Nyquil.

Is there a point to Tripp and Wendy constantly getting interrupted just before their first sexy time? Not that I care much but it seems to be a trend...

• Like 10
16 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Is there a point to Tripp and Wendy constantly getting interrupted just before their first sexy time? Not that I care much but it seems to be a trend...

In the days of super couples, they would often do this. Hell, they wou,d do it with the first kiss. However, you were invested and actually cared and looked forward to them having their first sexy time or kiss. When a couple puts you to sleep, it’s hard to create the same kind of tension and anticipation. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

In the days of super couples, they would often do this. Hell, they wou,d do it with the first kiss. However, you were invested and actually cared and looked forward to them having their first sexy time or kiss. When a couple puts you to sleep, it’s hard to create the same kind of tension and anticipation. 

Yep on GH they did this with Kevin/Lucy and it was great.

Not sure of any examples Days had in this department though however the chem and writing need to be there and it's not.

• Like 2

Chad actually interacting more with his family, the kids too.  Although Rachel will corrupt those kids. They must miss living there compared to the cramp apartment. 

Jada been in town for minutes and wants commissioner job?  Over a Brady/Horton legacy cop?  He has been there his entire life.  Then gonna attack him as drunk in the Brady Pub, while living in the Brady Pub. 

Then she makes it about race?  She said he has seniority over her and she has her own drama with her sister. 

If Brady has had full custody all this time and Rachel is the demon child she is. Let's see what Kristin does, it's not like Brady has made Rachel a great child. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

If Brady has had full custody all this time and Rachel is the demon child she is. Let's see what Kristin does, it's not like Brady has made Rachel a great child. 

For a time, Rachel actually was a good kid - onscreen and off. Then Kristen came back into her life. She started filling Rachel's mind with all this junk about Brady and Kristen getting back together and making Rachel think Chloe was evil. So, it's very doubtful Kristen will somehow be some calming presence on this kid and make her normal.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Forgot that I thought it weird that Wendy found a tv station at the hotel that mentioned NHL hockey - in August. Training camp hasn’t started.

Yeah, Jada, the police industry does not have a lot of women police chiefs or commissioners. It is slow. Shawn has seniority and the family name. You are new to Salem, don’t even have your own apartment, are living in a room above the Brady Pub, you may have little supervisory experience, etc. it is not about race.

Brady turned out to be smart.

Steph is the best in the PR biz? Seriously?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the Belle and Chloe scenes today. I always like it when the show remembers long term friendships like that. I can't remember the last time those two had episode-long scenes together with meaningful conversation, and I'm glad it ended with them hugging it out instead of one or the other storming off in a huff with all the hard truths being told.

And finally the show addresses Victor...but I'm not sure a plane crash is really the best way to handle this. Don't know why they couldn't have just made it a health issue due to old age. With all the talk lately about Victor not getting any younger, that seemed a more realistic approach. His plane going down just feels unnecessary. Regardless, I hope they give John Aniston the respect he deserves here. I'm sure these scenes were tough to film for everyone.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2023 at 5:28 PM, katycat74 said:

I honestly don't know which is more boring. Tripp/Wendy or Chad/Stephanie. Both couples are like  Nyquil.

I’ve been ff’ding this show a lot lately. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

And finally the show addresses Victor...but I'm not sure a plane crash is really the best way to handle this. Don't know why they couldn't have just made it a health issue due to old age. 

Because it's a TV show so they want ~drama~ lol.

3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I’ve been ff’ding this show a lot lately. 

I always do. It makes the show much more enjoyable if you just watch what you like and completely ignore the rest.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Because it's a TV show so they want ~drama~ lol.

I always do. It makes the show much more enjoyable if you just watch what you like and completely ignore the rest.

The more drama the better I say.Its one of the reasons I lost interest in America soaps and turned to UK soaps.Plus there gay characters are leads and allowed to be messy. I guess that's why I'm enjoying the whole Dimitri and Leo affair even though I think its dumb Dimitri thought he needed to con Gwen when she would be all in for cutting a cut of his inhertiance lol.

• Like 6

Sarah Horton, you are a grown woman who has knowingly gotten involved with and married two questionable men. Rex cheated the first time. Unless he has done some work on himself, you will get round 2 if you marry him to hide th baby from Xander.

She also knew exactly who Xander was when she married him. Do the right thing and tell Xander about the baby, and work out a plan that is the best for the baby. You do not have to marry him and both are adults and can work out something.

At least Belle and Chloe could talk without hair pulling and other drama. Chloe does not seem to be rushing into a marriage.

Chad is insecure because of Steph maybe moving on to Alex again? Your wife died a year ago and finding another love of you life is not always that fast.

A plane crash is more dramatic and can open new storylines, but Victor was not getting any younger, so passing in his sleep would have worked. The show could recast the role, but that would not respect Aniston’s memory.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Is there some way to digitally erase RSW from all these scenes? Just throwing it out there.

I'm reminded of how Will happened to "be out of the room" that one Christmas the Black family finally took a group photo. Chandler, fan favorite and three-time Emmy winner who has only played one character for over a decade, wasn't good enough to include in the 2 second family photo...

But RSW - savior of DAYS! - can't possibly be left out of these historic scenes, even though he's still just Ben in most people's minds...?!?

I hate how much pressure will be on Suzanne to really grieve on-camera.

Cameos from Shane and Hope would have been really essential and appreciated today.

So...the story is that Victor never spoke to Shawn after the accidental shooting...out of spite? I don't like that. Or how few scenes they've had in the last decade. Wasn't he as doting on ShawnD back in the day as he eventually was with Ciara?

Yeah, Claire and Ciara should be back for this too.

I don't see chemistry between Brady and Chloe. Am I the only one? Or for that matter, Li and Melinda.

Can we let go of the Li and Gabi drama? If they're not happening, they're not happening. Move on.

Is the actor who plays Henderson dead?

Would have preferred all this info about the plane not to drop in one episode. That's not reasonable. Shane would need some time to dig. He's not Superman.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6

Brady was in love with Kristin; he doesn't really have the moral high ground to give her a hard time about Xander.  re 

I am tired of Gabi and Stefan.  Why can't they just enjoy one another and quit being so self-righteous.  

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Brady was in love with Kristin; he doesn't really have the moral high ground to give her a hard time about Xander.  re 

I am tired of Gabi and Stefan.  Why can't they just enjoy one another and quit being so self-righteous.  

Brady was trying to fry Stefan's brain with kitchen appliances quite a bit after Xander did the clown kidnappings. So he needs to shut up

I think Chloe likes the lack of baggage with Xander. I'm sure the sex is good too

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Phebemarie said:

I am tired of Gabi and Stefan.  Why can't they just enjoy one another  off screen and quit being so self-righteous.  

Just had to add to what you said. 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I thought Doug/Julie(lbr real Julie) giving Stefan/Gabi bulletproof vests as a wedding gift was the best part of this episode. 

I wouldn't have minded Xander/Chloe if I felt this show didn't gloss over the things Xander has done I mean he(along with Theresa) left her there with El Fideo. Chloe should be more conflicted(maybe she was and I missed it). However if they do get together they'll have her be as self righteous as Sarah. Even though Gwen sucked she at least was morally grey enough to not be hung up on Xander's misdeeds. 

It's also why Xander/Nicole didn't work for me when she slept with him after all the things he's done to her. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 5

And, adding in the drama behind the scenes, in terms of Sarah/Xander/Chloe, I'm thinking maybe [as I was not there and can't be sure!] LG was punished and Sarah was on a revolving door because of being outspoken? (She did have such a history before.)

Maybe. Maybe not.

But as much as I like Xander/Chloe, I do still like Xander/Sarah. And the former is being written far too fast in progression.

And Chloe does have Parker [even if he is forgotten], so if Xander ever goes bad again, as said above, I think Chloe could get just as self righteous as Sarah. Hence my still liking both. They seem on equal footing character wise, and I don't think Chloe would just accept "bad Xander", either. So... *shrug*

• Like 5