Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I enjoyed several scenes on today's show(Tuesday), altho Paulina is really annoying with her screeching & shrieking at people.  The scenes I enjoyed were Wendy & her brother, Li...they have a good sibling vibe & Li did have good advice for her.  I liked Gabi's mature discussion with Li about why they did not work out(at 1st I thought maybe Li was dreaming).  Jada was good today, I liked small but mighty Jada vs. Tall, cynical Sloan, Jada does not understand her sister defending Colin(I dont either).   Rafe & Eric exchanging dirty looks, given their shared histories with both Jada & Nicole.     

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

What was said between Li and Gabi?

(Still foolishly rooting for them)

Me too Disneyboy..I like Li & Gabi together...Gabi & Li both had sad faces, and Gabi seemed regretful & sad to be handing Li the divorce papers, she said that what they had between them was more of a Game, they did not "Love" each other(altho I think Li really does love Gabi).  Li was looking Handsome in a cream colored Summer Suit :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I can't believe how much I like Eric now. Wild as I never had any use for him before Sloan 

I'm worried based on his look when he overheard Sloan telling Colin she'll stand by him. If Eric has a problem with that he can fuck right off.

I want them to try Sloan and Li together tbh. They're my 2 faves.

Thank goodness Wendy was wearing a normal outfit. I hope they go back to this kind of look and don't put her in tiny dresses again.

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm worried based on his look when he overheard Sloan telling Colin she'll stand by him. If Eric has a problem with that he can fuck right off.

Yeah given what Sami has done over the years he had better support her. And he'd better understand that the Nicole thing isn't her secret. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yeah given what Sami has done over the years he had better support her. And he'd better understand that the Nicole thing isn't her secret. 

We don't even have to bring up Sami. As we speak, Eric is still hiding the secret that Nicole killed Deimos.

Sloan choosing to use her law degree to legally defend her brother is nothing in comparison to what Eric is currently hiding.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

she said that what they had between them was more of a Game, they did not "Love" each other(altho I think Li really does love Gabi).  Li was looking Handsome in a cream colored Summer Suit :)

Awww 😪 See, there's a sweetness there between them, kind of like what she had with JJ. I don't see at all how it was a game initially. She loved him and was happy. Then they brought Stefan back in and the bus backed up.

Gabi's love for Stefan still mystifies me. This is the guy who let you rot in jail for murdering Andre, girl. Remember? No? Not important anymore? Oooookay.

Chloe's interest in Xander is quickly going down the same route...sad to say.

This show really wrecks characters and then expects us to be happy with them as Significant Others. 

12 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

We don't even have to bring up Sami. As we speak, Eric is still hiding the secret that Nicole killed Deimos.

Quick question: how many people know about that? Wasn't it brought up in court? So...couldn't everyone technically know/suspect it's true?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Quick question: how many people know about that? Wasn't it brought up in court? So...couldn't everyone technically know/suspect it's true?

From memory, Sami threatened to use the information in court during the Henry custody trial against Eric and Nicole. I don't believe she did. I think they came to some truce before she had a chance to use it.

I think Eric, Nicole, Sami, Brady, and Xander are the people who know.

Both Brady and Xander used the information to blackmail Nicole at different times.

Edited by 4evaQuez
I listed Eric twice
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

God Paulina is foul. Not just the endless screaming but hoping Colin is dead. She has zero recognition that her meddling in his life caused this situation 

I have no sympathy for Colin and understand why Paulina doesn't either. Was covering up for Chanel - especially considering it was self-defense - the right thing to do? No. But she didn't murder anyone either. What Paulina did is no excuse for Colin drugging an entire town and certainly not for his attempt to kill Abe, Paulina, or Chanel. 

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

He doesn't have to support her because his sister has also done questionable things. Abe is like family to him, and Colin tried to kill him. 

I have never understood this type of reasoning when it comes to baby secrets. "It's not my secret to tell." Who cares. You should not keep a secret like that from someone you claim to love/care about. It was the same when Nicole kept Sarah's pregnancy a secret. And he has every right to be pissed at her since he specifically just asked her not to keep secrets from him.

53 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sloan choosing to use her law degree to legally defend her brother is nothing in comparison to what Eric is currently hiding.

The Deimos secret has absolutely nothing to do with Sloane. Now that is actually a situation where it's not his secret to tell applies. Sloane didn't know Deimos and his death doesn't affect her in any way, shape, or form.

I honestly wouldn't have minded in Colin pushed Paulina off the roof or hit her over the head.  Shut her up. 

Is the writing for her supposed to be appealing? She starts screeching at Sloan when she didn't do anything, sue them all. That bitch and her brother?  Just makes Paulina more disgusting then she's going to start praying about the Lord? 

Was that Colin arrest even legit? Can't he get off on the not reading rights plus the conflict of interest of the arresting officier bias? 

At least Chanel didn't forgive all Talia did and actually blames her too. 

Hopefully this blow to the head and brain surgery makes old Abe return. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

From memory, Sami threatened to use the information in court during the Henry custody trial against Eric and Nicole. I don't believe she did. I think they came to some truce before she had a chance to use it.

Oh no, Sami absolutely used it in court. It appeared that Sami was losing the fight to block Nicole (and Eric) from getting custody of Henry. Sami brought up the fact that Nicole has a history of killing, first with Victor who was happy to testify about that fact and then crazypants Jan Spears also testified that Nicole got her to kill Victor.

When that wasn't enough Sami told the court that Nicole killed Deimos. The judge asked her what her proof was and Sami told the judge that Eric told her about the tape that Brady made in which Nicole confessed to the murder. The judge asked if Sami had the tape and she said no. The judge asked Eric if what Sami said was true, and Eric lied in court and said that Sami was lying about all of it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, nilyank said:

When that wasn't enough Sami told the court that Nicole killed Deimos. The judge asked her what her proof was and Sami told the judge that Eric told her about the tape that Brady made in which Nicole confessed to the murder. The judge asked if Sami had the tape and she said no. The judge asked Eric if what Sami said was true, and Eric lied in court and said that Sami was lying about all of it.

👏👏👏

Great memory! Impressed. That was a massive bomb to drop on Nicole. Honestly, I'm fine with that being the end of the story. Deimos' death and life were both convoluted as hell.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I honestly wouldn't have minded in Colin pushed Paulina off the roof or hit her over the head.  Shut her up. 

Too bad she didnt fall off the roof last and crush Colin, Rafe, Jada and Alex for good measure, all in one squishy final faceplant.

That would have been the first good sound she made.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

Rafe was really judge mental about Sloan and her brother.  He was very understanding and sympathetic towards Talia.  He seemed like he was trying to get channel at first to forgive her.  Even saying talia saved your life. 
  Eric left Sloan by herself with her brother on the street and went to be with talia I hope that is not a sign.  

I like Wendi and I like Johnny but I don’t like them together. 

• Like 4

Johnny’s hair has grown a bit.

The shrieking! My poor ears. And the hotel awning saved them. Colin, it may not be easy to get out of your mess. Maybe you need to befriend Kristen. You stalked two people, threatened people, drugged half a town, clobbered the Mayor, held people at gunpoint. All in a fun evening? Talia, you expect a little slap on the wrist? You may now have a criminal record - because of your toxic boyfriend.

I do wonder how supportive Sloan will be. 

I was confused at Wendy’s travel delays. Idaho is closer to Seattle than South Dakota. Li is right in not choosing one man and having a little competition.

He and Gabi did have a nice moment.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Any chance, any chance at all, that Paulina will stop having these attention getting panic attacks and get struck down by an incurable case of laryngitis?  With the only cure being a vow of silence on a slow boat to the Antarctic?  

She can get well down there and have a barking contest with the local seals or something.  She can take Abe with her.  We all - I mean, they all - could do with a good long rest from them both.

Rafe's gotta lay off the eyebrow pencil, too.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I know I should feel sympathy for channel and Paulina it’s just they don’t seem to care about anyone else.  
Paulina was really awful in the hospital.  Eric took her to the chapel and he should have been with Sloan.  
   Sloan is not to blame for what her brother did.  Jada is not to blame for what her sister did. 
  Rafe needs to stop too. He is all mad because he was cheated on.  Rafe you cheated in some relationships too.  The last one Ava gave you many chances to confess.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The Deimos secret has absolutely nothing to do with Sloane. Now that is actually a situation where it's not his secret to tell applies. Sloane didn't know Deimos and his death doesn't affect her in any way, shape, or form.

Looking at the rest of your response. I think we're talking about slightly different things. I wasn't talking about Sloan keeping the baby secret. I was responding to @brisbydog who was responding to @peachmangosteen Peach's quote is below:

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm responding that I hope Eric doesn't hold a grudge or umbrage against Sloan for helping her brother. Unlike Eric who is keeping a secret for a killer, Nicole, or as Peachmangosteen stated, Eric recently abducted Stefan and let a madman conduct neurological experiments on Stefan. Sloan isn't doing anything illegal. She's using her law degree to help her only family. I, too, was concerned with Eric's look. Eric has three major modes: sanctimonious, rage, and empathy. I'm hoping he'll choose empathy, but his look seems like he'll choose sanctimonious. 

8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I know I should feel sympathy for channel and Paulina it’s just they don’t seem to care about anyone else.  
Paulina was really awful in the hospital.  Eric took her to the chapel and he should have been with Sloan.  

I agree. I think what hurts this story is that the narrative's point of view changed somewhere in the telling of the narrative. Chanel was originally the point of view character and Sloan was the villain. Usually, in stories like this, Chanela and Paulina would learn some lessons and achieve some character growth at a story's conclusion. 

That wasn't the case here. Paulina and Chanel didn't learn a thing, and they end the story exactly where they started. Colin became the villain with an assist from Talia, who is obviously going to be redeemed. However, the biggest narrative change is that Sloan became the protagonist, although not the point of view. She is the one who's changed and moved on from her original vendetta against Chanel and Paulina. She acquired a new family member that allows her to show a softer and more familial side. She's urging Colin to leave the Duprees alone - before the rooftop climax - and she's committed to Colin, not for vengeance but for familial love. We've seen Sloan change dramatically but in very subtle ways that are still in character. These changes keep her an antagonist but one with relatable and - I would argue - rootable layers.

Paulina and Chanel are just screaming at people without realizing how their actions help to create and escalate tensions to their rooftop climax. It's hard for me to feel sorry for those two characters, especially Paulina. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I agree. I think what hurts this story is that the narrative's point of view changed somewhere in the telling of the narrative. Chanel was originally the point of view character and Sloan was the villain. Usually, in stories like this, Chanela and Paulina would learn some lessons and achieve some character growth at a story's conclusion. 

That wasn't the case here. Paulina and Chanel didn't learn a thing, and they end the story exactly where they started. Colin became the villain with an assist from Talia, who is obviously going to be redeemed. However, the biggest narrative change is that Sloan became the protagonist, although not the point of view. She is the one who's changed and moved on from her original vendetta against Chanel and Paulina. She acquired a new family member that allows her to show a softer and more familial side. She's urging Colin to leave the Duprees alone - before the rooftop climax - and she's committed to Colin, not for vengeance but for familial love. We've seen Sloan change dramatically but in very subtle ways that are still in character. These changes keep her an antagonist but one with relatable and - I would argue - rootable layers.

Paulina and Chanel are just screaming at people without realizing how their actions help to create and escalate tensions to their rooftop climax. It's hard for me to feel sorry for those two characters, especially Paulina. 

I want to like this about a million times.  Paulina still thinks she was RIGHT to cover up Chanel's involvement with what happened to Sloan and Colin's mother.  If she had let Chanel face the  consequences of her actions, chances are, Chanel would NOT have been charged with any crime and the whole thing would have been over.  Because she used her money to cover it up, of course Sloan and Colin think there are other things being covered up as well.  That's why there was a vendetta in the first place.

And Rafe REALLY needs to STFU.  Even though Sloan had no involvement whatsoever in what Colin (and Talia) did, it's like he wants to keep blaming her anyway - almost so he can justify blatantly harassing her these last few months.  Like somehow she should have magically KNOWN it was her brother and solved the crimes for them.  This is especially rich since he's obviously trying to minimize (and excuse) Talia's very real involvement.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I want to like this about a million times.  Paulina still thinks she was RIGHT to cover up Chanel's involvement with what happened to Sloan and Colin's mother.  If she had let Chanel face the  consequences of her actions, chances are, Chanel would NOT have been charged with any crime and the whole thing would have been over.  Because she used her money to cover it up, of course Sloan and Colin think there are other things being covered up as well.  That's why there was a vendetta in the first place.

And Rafe REALLY needs to STFU.  Even though Sloan had no involvement whatsoever in what Colin (and Talia) did, it's like he wants to keep blaming her anyway - almost so he can justify blatantly harassing her these last few months.  Like somehow she should have magically KNOWN it was her brother and solved the crimes for them.  This is especially rich since he's obviously trying to minimize (and excuse) Talia's very real involvement.  

I would like to like this a million times and the one you replied to. It drives me mad still seeing people on Facebook parroting that Sloan is evil and should be in jail (for what?? What crime has she committed?) Worse, that Chanel and Paulina are innocents and both the Bedford parents are to blame. I will give them the Predator dad, but I'm not willing to vilify the mother who was likely not planning to punt Chanel off a building, but wanted to smack her and tell her to back off her husband.

Rafe is so biased. It is like 'well I know Jada so Talia is good people' so she should get a pass on physically performing the crimes that Colin put her up to. Until the roof debacle Colin had not actually performed any crimes beyond sending a few texts.

I don't love Colin but he obviously he was super messed up by the whole suicide story and then finding out it wasn't true was the catalyst to go nuts. How long ago do we think the affair happened? How old was he? When did Dad die? If the dad death is recent it explains why he and Sloan are so angry, it is like it just happened for them.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3

Today’s ep was a bit snoozy.

The prison twosome is now out of prison - such a revolving door.

Dmitri wants to go home to mommy. Mommy claims his dad is some dude she met in Europe. 

Kate and Roman visit Doc.

John visits Paul. 

We meet Lord Alamain.

Andrew Donovan is released. Kristen visits Doc and Megan visits Roman and Kate.

I almost dozed off.

• Like 5

Brady gives Kristen hell finally. Chad didn't bond with his nephew Dimitri. Hopefully Ron has something interesting planned for him. 

• Like 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, rcc said:

Brady gives Kristen hell finally. Chad didn't bond with his nephew Dimitri. Hopefully Ron has something interesting planned for him. 

Peter Porte had problems emoting with his face in a gay Christmas movie he did a few years ago (I'm guessing a tad too much Botox?)  but he seems to have recovered. Right now I think he's hilarious and his facial expressions are a big reason why.

Him and Billy Flynn are the same age which makes the uncle stuff funnier.

Really enjoying the Chloe/Xander stuff.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
(edited)

I'm annoyed with Chloe being so helpless, poor (apparently) and so easily swayed by Xander's looks. None of this makes sense. Is she not paying for Parker's schooling? Did she not own half of Julie's Place? Couldn't she work there again, running the operation now that Julie is almost 90 and needs to look after Doug, who is even older?

Cheap writing. So, so cheap.

Speaking of which, hey Kristen and Meagan and Dimitri! Boy, that was fast.

How did Kristen squeeze into that catsuit? I see no zipper.

On another fashion note, how is this the first time we've seen Handyman Xander? LOL Given the budget constraints, this is a very practical look for him.

I do completely buy that Xander doesn't know how to decorate. Decent idea for a bit of businesses between them. But why does Chloe like that stupid picture anyway?

Why did Chloe brush off the idea of teaching singing? It's like, the THING she's done for 20 years. Plenty of singers do it. And she can go to her client's homes, if she prefers.

The Chris/Roman joke wasn't funny. Its always about references with Ron, but they're rarely done well. Ditto with the "possessed by the devil" bit.

SO glad Kate's first thought was seeing Lucas. That was the only acceptable impulse she'd have and for once the writers nailed it.

"Uughhhh what do you want Meagan..???" I'm SO with you Kate 👏

How long are we going to be talking about the otherwise absent Hope and Bo?

Psychology question here: how much sense does it make for Kristen - who only got with Brady in the first place by being subtle in her manipulations - to openly tell her victim that she emotionally manipulates him easily and that he's too weak to resist it? Isn't that exactly what will motivate him to break the cycle and hate her?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

Was it Deidre or Marlena who got offended by the Botox line.😄

What was the joke? Ohhhh do tell!

Also 👏👏👏👏👏 Yay Brady. I wanted to see Marlena smiling behind him though. How many years has she waited to hear her son call Kristen out for being a twisted monster? I was surprised she tried to hold Brady back,  honestly. And when is he going to point out that she raped him to conceive Rachel? Don't skip over that part!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3

Wow...Kristen's black rubber dress was giving off "Dominatrix" vibes...yikes.  But, Kristen & Brady's arguments about Rachel are getting tedious...it's always the same thing over & over.   I do like Xander & Chloe together as friends..Xander has a twinkle in his eye & his 'tool belt" was a hoot.  I would like to see Chloe take on Leo at the newspaper(considering what Leo did to her Father).

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The way Kristen speaks to Brady is so creepy, she is a sexual abuser reminding her victim that she has power over him and that he will ultimately do what he is told. I will never ever forget that she was his mommy substitute when he was little. The relationship is revolting. If she were a man this would never fly on TV

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The way Kristen speaks to Brady is so creepy, she is a sexual abuser reminding her victim that she has power over him and that he will ultimately do what he is told. I will never ever forget that she was his mommy substitute when he was little. The relationship is revolting. If she were a man this would never fly on TV

Well today it wouldn't but daytime had Luke/Laura while a different dynamic still had the creep factor. Although if you take it back with Laura on GH her first sexual experience was with her father's best friend and she was a child. That was the 70s though. They wouldn't write that today.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well today it wouldn't but daytime had Luke/Laura while a different dynamic still had the creep factor. Although if you take it back with Laura on GH her first sexual experience was with her father's best friend and she was a child. That was the 70s though. They wouldn't write that today.

GH revisited the story later on and acknowledged it was a rape. I still feel like Days presents Kristen and Brady as a viable couple and not the abuse it is. 

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

GH revisited the story later on and acknowledged it was a rape. I still feel like Days presents Kristen and Brady as a viable couple and not the abuse it is. 

Brady/Kristen is just gross. And then, there's their demon seed...

• Like 5
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Brady/Kristen is just gross. And then, there's their demon seed...

I hate how Rachel came to be. I hate even more that Sarah's baby died and Kristen got to be a mother.

Need to escape Facebook where they are Sloan hating Bristen shippers and reddit where people are crying racism now if you dislike Paulina. You folk here are my sane place. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Dimitri breaking the news to Chad asking if he should call him uncle Chad was hilarious. Then saying Aunty Kristen.amd hugging him. Lol

He needs to move into the mansion because this may be fun. 

These scenes were the most Chad has been involved with his family since Stephanie arrived and he got sidelined to her escort. 

How about a trade, we'll give back the Jason Morgan knockoff to GH and they give us Abigail. 

Why is Chad still not home with kids? 

Kristen in the black leather I actually liked. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Dimitri breaking the news to Chad asking if he should call him uncle Chad was hilarious. Then saying Aunty Kristen.amd hugging him. Lol

He was delightfully kooky and so far I'm good with him as an addition to the show.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 8

So Xander has never used a stud finder to find the proper place to hang stuff through drywall? Not even as a gardener? Hanging things in the shed? He and Chloe do bounce off each other quite well. How nice of him to want to hire a housekeeper when she told him about life in the orphanage and foster care. And he offered a job. I like this charming and kind version of Xander. It won’t last, but…

Kristen, you could have not worn jeans and a tee shirt? Why the faux leather get up? The way you spoke to Brady in front of his stepmother, who is a psychiatrist? Yikes.

Chad and Dmitri were fun. Uncle Chad! Why doesn’t Chad want to go home to his kids? Why is it taking so long to find a recovery place for Bo? Shawn D, anyone with money can find someone.

Megan remembers the old fish market. Long time ago. She walks into the empty DiMera home, finds the Steffy portrait. Of course.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I will reiterate something I have long felt: The DiMeras were never meant to be a core family living in Salem society.

Stefano would pop up, cause trouble, and be gone. Same with his [early] children.

Expanding the brood and making them Addams Family Lite or whatever the hell this show has done since the 2000s just sucks.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Need to escape Facebook where they are Sloan hating Bristen shippers and reddit where people are crying racism now if you dislike Paulina. You folk here are my sane place. 

😲 Wow - Seriously??

You can't just dislike a character based on their behavior?

It's really sad to me that this is apparently one of the few places where people can calmly comment (mostly, LOL) and even disagree with one another and still be fans.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I will reiterate something I have long felt: The DiMeras were never meant to be a core family living in Salem society.

Stefano would pop up, cause trouble, and be gone. Same with his [early] children.

Expanding the brood and making them Addams Family Lite or whatever the hell this show has done since the 2000s just sucks.

YES.

Seriously, they needed to be done with ages ago. That poor Joe was brought back in year after year after year...it makes me sad. Yes, we loved his character, but the show clearly made no attempts to wrap his story up or phase in someone new to be the Big Bad.

And now, having all his character's offspring dug up and reanimated to supposedly "carry" the series just makes no sense. Because of this bizarre preoccupation with keeping the family around as villains, the characters routinely escape justice, overstay their welcome and lose all their mystique. Stefano had mystique to spare, except when they overused him.

Honestly, the only times I think the DiMeras "fit in" to the general Salem cast was back in the Kristen/Peter days, and then later on, with the EJ/Kristen era of a decade ago. Maybe it was also the case in Stefano and Meagan's early days, but I missed those, so I can't say.

Chad is pretty much not even a DiMera lately, and EJ is just a business owner who does nothing much of interest. And I'm supposed to think Meagan is going to spice things up? Ugh. No, she won't. Neither did Jake and Stefan.

For all the meaningful glances towards that portrait on the wall, these characters are royally boring and nothing at all like Stefano. And that's okay. He was one of a kind.

Just move on. There can be other villains in this show, other evil families, other ideas, other names.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I got too sidetracked, wondering how badly Kristen stunk up the place, dressed in that all pleather body stocking on a warm, muggy midwestern day to pay much attention to regurgitated PsychoKittyKristen baiting dumb-as-rocks Brady.

I hope Marlena had a new supply of Febreze because with Kristen's sweat and the bullshit being flung around the room, she is gonna need it.

• LOL 13

For all the meaningful glances towards that portrait on the wall, these characters are royally boring and nothing at all like Stefano. And that's okay. He was one of a kind.

Just move on. There can be other villains in this show, other evil families, other ideas, other names.

I have made no secret my distaste [putting it VERY mildly!] of Kristen. But she, Peter, Lexi, Megan, Tony [depending on the day and if he was Stefano's on said day] and maybe Renée [details about her are fuzzy to me, i.e. I don't know if she interacted with Stefano physically, even as she was a benefactor when he "died" one of the first times. LOL!] are the only ones with a TRUE connection to Stefano since the screen SHOWED IT.

Jake, Stefan, Chad...just noise. We saw no true connection, and the name alone doesn't inspire any real familial sense, either.

So the whole "DiMera Family Unite!" shit is ridiculous.

If a meteor hit the DiMera mansion and took them all out, that would be awesome.

And it is WAY too late to do anything about it, just as it is far too late to restore John Black to Roman Brady for so many reasons, but as much as some loved Sami/EJ, I found it gross that Sami would want ANYTHING to do with a DiMera, knowing what Stefano did to her parents and pseudo-father.

The fact that the Brady family now shares family members with DiMeras is all sorts of wrong.

Thus, my bitchy rant of the day. LOL!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I always felt that Kristin was an addiction for Brady.  She was really awful to him yesterday.  Lots of people hate Rachael and she is a brat but she is in for a very rude awakening when she finds out who her mother really is.   
    The show the past two days seemed disjointed somehow. Does Marlena or Roman know about Sloan and her brother?   Are they going to support Eric?

has Johnny checked on channel ? 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thanks, @WendyCR72, I was coming on here to say what you said much better - most of these people who talk to or get inspiration from Stefano's portrait didn't even know him! 

But, he was the kind of bad guy you still liked, for some reason. All of these new wanna-bes are people you hate and want to go away. Whether it's their lack of his charisma, humor, and his heart, which he did show when he really cared about someone, no one comes close. So stop trying.

• Like 7

You all have eloquently said how utterly ridiculous it is all these DiMeras keep popping up - especially ones who never even met Stefano! - so I will just say I whole heartedly agree that the DiMeras need to stop with all the "welcome to the family BS".

Maybe I missed it because I was FF'ing, but how exactly did Megan and Kristen get immunity?  I think Dimitri von Leuchner (sp?) is involved but I'm still not clear on the actual mechanics of how he could have gotten immunity for Megan/Kristen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

You all have eloquently said how utterly ridiculous it is all these DiMeras keep popping up - especially ones who never even met Stefano! - so I will just say I whole heartedly agree that the DiMeras need to stop with all the "welcome to the family BS".

Maybe I missed it because I was FF'ing, but how exactly did Megan and Kristen get immunity?  I think Dimitri von Leuchner (sp?) is involved but I'm still not clear on the actual mechanics of how he could have gotten immunity for Megan/Kristen.

He threatened to kill Andrew. It was all in one boring episode 

• Like 3

Do Marlena and John even know Bo is alive?

I feel like they'd get to react to that...

They do.  Marlena and Roman talked about him when he and Kate visited Marlena the other day.

3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Dimitri got full immunity for himself, Megan and Kristen by freeing Andrew.  Shane gave him immunity in exchange for the safe return of his son.  Apparently, kidnapping DOES pay!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I enjoy many things about DOOL but then the show lazily reuses the ‘3 dangerous criminals go free’ plot and I’m annoyed to no end.

Also, two sets of psychopaths have been let free, but poor Lucas is still in jail (!)

As for the Dimeras, I will always have room in my heart for ´married into it’ Anna and I don’t mind Dmitri and Megan because they’re new to me, but Kristen and Stefan should be gone, gone, gone. I also have no use for the current versions of Chad (what is up with that arm tattoo that looks done with a marker?) or EJ.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Desperado said:

two sets of psychopaths have been let free, but poor Lucas is still in jail (!)

THANK YOU.

On a related note, do you know Claire spent more time locked up than Ben? Yeah.

Fun fact.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2