Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Walkie of Shame

• Start Topic

A new crew member joins the motor yacht, Home, brining new skills to the group; a surge of bad swells has the guests stuck at the dock and puts the crew under pressure; Natasha reunites with a blast from the past.

Bravo Airdate: 08/15/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

So on that golf cart tour, one cart gets the guide, and the other one (or two?) don't. Seems rather sad.

I was also amused that the stews went down to the VIP bedroom to lift up the bed to get all the party supplies. I never would have thought but I guess it makes sense, space being limited and all.

I thought Courtney saying that Mzi should say "I am the captain now" was in really poor taste.

I think Natalya should have gently told Natasha why she was upset about the evening roles. Even if it wouldn't make a difference, it's better to let her know you're not just being a PITA.

And they just happen to have a sequin dress in the right size for the new deckhand. Right.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

When the guests are all women, you can depend on some male stripper thing.

So that's what Natasha wanted, get back with her boyfriend.  Should have ended it with Dave, certainly not share a cabin and let him think they were going to keep hooking up.

She said she didn't want the crew to know because of the shame she felt  but now she says she didn't want to stress the crew.

What a goldmine this drama.  They probably knew these two were hooking up when they cast them.

Courtney did one charter as a deckhand?  Depending on when this was filmed they may not have had many choices for replacing Raygan.  But you'd think they'd have potential replacements nearby since firing happens frequently on BD.

Why didn't someone yell out to storm that his walkie talkie wasn't working or he wasn't using it right?

But it sounds like they make it out to anchorage and the guests are going to have fun so bumping into the dolphin isn't going to stop this charter.

• Love 7

So it's official - Natasha is a flake. Not only is she on the phone crying to her ex-boyfriend saying she still loves him (then why did she cheat on him?) but she's neglecting her duties while she's doing it. And pissing off Natalya by putting Courtney on service when Natalya should be. I'd be pissed off too. When your boss is too busy making personal phone calls to do their job they're not exactly setting the best example of professionalism. 

I think Storm and Mzi went a little overboard with the lap dances. I think just serving the guests shirtless would have sufficed. They're not that attractive, frankly, it's not a sure thing the women want them rubbing themselves all over them.

I don't think hitting the dolphin is as big a deal as Sandy is making it - boats probably hit them all the time. They aren't rigidly stationary, there's a give to them when you bump up against them. We'll see how big a deal this turns out for Storm.

Why didn't someone yell out to storm that his walkie talkie wasn't working or he wasn't using it right?

That's what I was wondering, and as soon as Sandy realized she couldn't hear him why didn't she stop the boat and establish communication before proceeding?

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Kyle has a toothache bad enough to miss work, why didn't he go to the dentist while they're stuck in the marina?

If Courtney weren't female, would've they still have pulled her into service?  

Finally, the radio issue. If Sandy couldn't hear Storm, she shouldn't have continued maneuvering. I found it interesting that Storm hadn't had any radio issues up until now, so I don't buy that he wasn't using it properly.  

I miss the days when the drama was a bit more organic.

• Applause 2
  • Love 9

If you read Storm's schedule, a deckhand's sleep is broken up for anchor watch halfway through.  They sleep for 3-4 hours, do 2 hours of anchor watch, then go back to sleep for 4-5 hours.  Why not block that out so they get more uninterrupted sleep?

• Love 4

Maybe the regulations require they get sleep after working a long shift? I recall similar schedules for long-distance bus and other drivers/pilots. It's very specific and there are severe penalties.

I guess it's too expensive to have staff who work only night shifts and sleep during the day - plus where would you put them?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Maybe the regulations require they get sleep after working a long shift? I recall similar schedules for long-distance bus and other drivers/pilots. it's very specific and there are severe penalties.

I guess it's too expensive to have staff who work only night shifts and sleep during the day - plus where would you put them?

On the Sailing version, they have one guy who works overnight anchor watch (plus cleaning and dishes and over stuff), seems to work fine - unless the kid doesn't pay attention.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Honestly I have switched back and forth with Natasha but really I find her to be the problem.  Yes Dave is a huge clingy issue with anger too but she is at the cause of it all.  The outburst and drama was crazy.  Yet after they are told to move to different cabins she still goes back to him and I hold no grudge hugs him and later brings him coffee or whatever drink.  Just stop.  Move to different cabin and be done. but no it's on camera her hugging and comforting him.  She wants to come across as a victim in this and look innocent.  Both are to blame.

Her texting and taking time away (in mid convo with Natayla) to go talk to her ex is typical.  Courtney was a stew last season.  I think she knows what to do.  You didn't want Natayla on service because she probably would be calling you out. 

I found it so funny that Natasha was on WWHL and she denied everything but the one thing especially was when they had her on camera telling Dave was "You want to screw" and she said she said it was   "what a great crew' .  (And her whole I hold no grudge but Dave got a good edit and I didn't get one.  I want only peace but Dave got a good edit.  I'm a peaceful person but Dave got a good edit and not me.)  Them in the bathroom for 20 minutes wasn't a shower scene, it was just to talk.  Everything they showed she denied and said it was a bad edit. LOL

So now Storm's radio doesn't work? Are we going to hear it was on a different channel and that's the reason.  You had a full deck hand and no one thought to go to him?  Sounds like Bravo wanted another issue. I hope these issues lead to Sandy being done this season and a new captain comes in season 8.

I feel bad for Kyle.  I don't know what that type of issue issue with with teeth grinding and the aches. Seems like it should have had a doctor appt during that time.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Not that I want to defend Sandy, but stopping a 30-foot boat isn't an instantaneous act. Stopping one the size of a hotel? It isn't like you can just ease off the throttle, or shift the propeller into neutral. You need to reverse the propellers thrust, at which point they're on the wrong end of the boat and the wrong side of the rudders for good control. Chances are the boat will move laterally proportionately to how quickly you try to execute an unplanned stop. 

Dave is broken and his actions are incorrect, but Natasha broke him. Nothing he texted her would have made a bit of difference if she didn't have some hint of self-awareness when she said things like that she was keeping their relationship secret because 'some people' would have judged her for cheating on her boyfriend. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, CJinSD said:

Dave is broken and his actions are incorrect, but Natasha broke him.

Is she also to blame for his drinking and the way he tried to fight Jason? Dave is an adult and he's responsible for his own actions. 

Not going to defend Natasha's handling of the situation. However, every day people flirt, they lead others on, they hook-up & then ghost. Interpersonal relationships/hook-ups/etc, are often messy. No one forced Dave to react the way he did,

I can't help but wonder if the blame would be the same if the genders were reversed or would they simply write him off as a typical lad and say she caught feelings/should've seen the signs & call her reaction crazy? 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Is she also to blame for his drinking and the way he tried to fight Jason? Dave is an adult and he's responsible for his own actions. 

Not going to defend Natasha's handling of the situation. However, every day people flirt, they lead others on, they hook-up & then ghost. Interpersonal relationships/hook-ups/etc, are often messy. No one forced Dave to react the way he did,

I can't help but wonder if the blame would be the same if the genders were reversed or would they simply write him off as a typical lad and say she should've seen the signs & call her crazy? 

She's responsible for cheating on her boyfriend with a pathetic and insecure guy who she thought she could manipulate into keeping her secrets. She's responsible for lying to the pathetic and insecure guy by saying that their relationship would soon be public after she arranged to room with him so she could have convenient sex. She had previous experience with him. Did he never exhibit any of the sad behavior he displayed on the show? 

If the genders were reversed, the guy would be the talk of all the BD boards as the worst human being yet to be cast on one of the shows. If a guy had tricked a girl into rooming with him so he could bang her while forcing her to tell everyone else they were just friends so he could pursue other opportunities on the crew and back home, then people would be calling for his head. For some reason, treating women like adults who are responsible for their actions isn't something I see much of on reality tv boards. Malia seems like the only exception to the rule.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Not that I want to defend Sandy, but stopping a 30-foot boat isn't an instantaneous act. Stopping one the size of a hotel? It isn't like you can just ease off the throttle, or shift the propeller into neutral. You need to reverse the propellers thrust, at which point they're on the wrong end of the boat and the wrong side of the rudders for good control. Chances are the boat will move laterally proportionately to how quickly you try to execute an unplanned stop. 

I'm the first to admit I don't know how the mechanics of it work. But it seemed like there was ample time for Sandy to send one of the other deck hands to Storm to let him know she couldn't hear him. Instead she just kept telling him, over the radio, he wasn't coming through over the radio. So she should have assumed he couldn't hear her either.

I can't help but wonder if the blame would be the same if the genders were reversed or would they simply write him off as a typical lad and say she caught feelings/should've seen the signs & call her reaction crazy? 

I don't think this is a case of gender bias, nobody is defending Dave or excusing his behavior. He's got some deep-seated emotional problems. That doesn't excuse Natasha's behavior either though. She's clearly got some issues too and her credibility as a professional took a real hit this week. So this isn't an either-or situation.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The whole Tasha Dave situation is like the Big Misunderstanding trope in popular fiction  where if they just sat down and talked the book would be only ten pages long. All she had to do was respond to one of his texts with, Let's talk about this in the morning when we're sober.

• Love 8

They're both to blame.

Him because of his nastiness after a few too many drinks, try staying sober if you want to have any hope of fixing a relationship or talking about what is going on. Her for thinking she could just ghost someone that she is sharing a room with on a fucking boat that they work on in close quarters after choosing to share said room for the sole purpose of fucking him.

I'm hoping the boyfriend she cheated on tells her to go fuck herself, it's not easy to do (I know I did it with my first wife) but it will be the best thing he ever does and he will be so much happier in the future.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I'm hoping the boyfriend she cheated on tells her to go fuck herself, it's not easy to do (I know I did it with my first wife) but it will be the best thing he ever does and he will be so much happier in the future.

A slight modification - have sex with her for a few weeks, then dump her.  But, based on his texts, he's already talking about how in love he is.  Tash will get bored and find a more dangerous/exciting dude before she makes it back home.

• Love 2

Like dolphins in a row, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast…

Courtney (from Wales) is back!  Uh-oh.  As I recall, in a previous series, she and Mzi were on the same boat and Mzi had a massive crush on her.  But I don’t think it worked out as much as he would have liked.  It doesn’t help when Courtney gets drunk she kind of led Mzi on a bit, but after, it was “No. no, no!”  Couple dynamics on this boat are cursed.

Producer off camera to Mzi – “Do you have any lingering feelings for Courtney?”  Oh, man, look in his eyes.  Of course he does.  He fell super hard and he’s still on the way down.  Methinks you laught too much, Mzi.

You know when one of the guests ask “are my boobs straight” as they walk along the dock, it’s going to be fun times.

The instant Captain Queeg discovered she couldn’t hear Storm, she should have realised there was a problem and stood fast.  Instead, while complaining about not being able to hear Storm, she blithely continues to drift. 

Next week:  Will Queeg “strike” again?  Will Kyle be able to handle the “tooth”?  Will Storm learn how to work a walkie?  Will Mzi pine again for Courtney?  Stay tuned….

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

The first thing I thought of when Storm was having radio issues is that production messed with his walkie talkie.  Then, in the previews when the stabilizers went out again, I thought that the producers purposely found a boat with issues.  More drama! I think I'm becoming too jaded to watch reality tv.  😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 8/8/2022 at 8:15 AM, dleighg said:

So on that golf cart tour, one cart gets the guide, and the other one (or two?) don't. Seems rather sad.

I was also amused that the stews went down to the VIP bedroom to lift up the bed to get all the party supplies. I never would have thought but I guess it makes sense, space being limited and all.

I thought Courtney saying that Mzi should say "I am the captain now" was in really poor taste.

I think Natalya should have gently told Natasha why she was upset about the evening roles. Even if it wouldn't make a difference, it's better to let her know you're not just being a PITA.

And they just happen to have a sequin dress in the right size for the new deckhand. Right.

Maybe there’s a radio or system in each cart with the tour guides voice…. Hope so! 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

You know when one of the guests ask “are my boobs straight” as they walk along the dock, it’s going to be fun times.

Then they ruined it by having the stews unpack all of their shit. If Tash doesn't get off of her fucking phone...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Then they ruined it by having the stews unpack all of their shit. If Tash doesn't get off of her fucking phone...

That annoyed me. Do your job and then have your meltdown.

Unpack and iron all of my clothes, but don't forget to bring me a drink every five minutes. There is one chef, and people act like there is a full kitchen. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I for one would not want a stranger sifting thru my clothes, that icks me out and those guests were only on the boat two nights, what a waste of time for the stews. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

The instant Captain Queeg discovered she couldn’t hear Storm, she should have realised there was a problem and stood fast.  Instead, while complaining about not being able to hear Storm, she blithely continues to drift. 

At that point wouldn't anyone else on the walkies alerted Storm that Sandy could not hear him?  That is when the never seen engineers should have jumped in and helped or halted the engines.  At the end of the season that boat is going to look like the family car when a new driver takes it for a drive, lol.  

Sandy has to have someone to blame for everything that happens on board, she just may be a narcissist.  It is funny when you think about it, when everything is going well it is a team but when something goes wrong she is pointing fingers as if she is not on that team.

• Applause 5
  • Love 2

Who said as they were hauling suitcases, "just two nights."  I can travel light. For two days I can pack a small carry on. If I'm not going into the arctic, I can pack underwear, a summer dress, slacks, a top, and shoes.

• Applause 1

In most cases, the charter guests are visiting other places before or after the charter.  OR both.

They're not flying all the way to Europe just for a 2-day charter.

And if they don't bring a lot of luggage, producers will probably think about adding additional luggage, just so the crew works more.

• Useful 2

Regarding their suitcases and unpacking for them:  I can see a few extra clothing options for special nights and casual days, but 2 or 3 full suitcases does seem ridiculous, especially when asking  the crew to unpack everything.  It's even worse when the guests request that all their clothes be steamed or ironed, when they will be wearing only a fraction of them.  They should be more specific and just ask about the items they will actually be wearing.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2022 at 10:15 AM, dleighg said:

I didn't hear that, why did she say that?

On 8/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, iMonrey said:

I think Storm and Mzi went a little overboard with the lap dances. I think just serving the guests shirtless would have sufficed. They're not that attractive, frankly, it's not a sure thing the women want them rubbing themselves all over them.

That was gross.  I am no prude, but I would not be happy about that, if they were pulling me over in my chair and grinding on me.  The women didn't look thrilled.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I didn't hear that, why did she say that?

It was when they were planning the "hot naked deckhands" evening. She suggested he say that. (and for those who wonder why I thought it was in bad taste, it seemed to be referencing the black somali (?) pirate who takes over a ship and kidnaps a bunch of people in some movie I never saw)

Edited by dleighg
  • Useful 3
52 minutes ago, dleighg said:

It was when they were planning the "hot naked deckhands" evening. She suggested he say that. (and for those who wonder why I thought it was in bad taste, it seemed to be referencing the black somali (?) pirate who takes over a ship and kidnaps a bunch of people in some movie I never saw)

Uugh yeah that is in bad taste.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At that point wouldn't anyone else on the walkies alerted Storm that Sandy could not hear him?  That is when the never seen engineers should have jumped in and helped or halted the engines.  At the end of the season that boat is going to look like the family car when a new driver takes it for a drive, lol.  

I didn't understand why another deck hand didn't go back to help him.  However, I watched with my son who is a sailor (in the petroleum industry, not yachting) and he says lots of boat accidents are caused by walkie mishaps.  He also thought that the film showed that Sandy had used her forward thrusters to slow the speed into the dolphins.  We also had a long conversation about whether or not the dolphins were solid.  I'm not sure why that is important.

Neither hit has been very hard.  In the first one, they got a fender between the boat and the dolphin.  This one looked to be low speed.

Why did she have to exit the dock in reverse anyway?  Looked like lots of room to swing and go out bow forward.

Natasha's voice is awful and I'm sick of her "love triangle."  Hope the old guy already has a rebound gal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

lots of boat accidents are caused by walkie mishaps

I didn't understand what the problem was. He said he "pressed the button too early." Did he mean he wasn't holding it down while he talked? And Sandy said she "hadn't explained it to him"?

Isn't that the way EVERY walkie-talkie ever invented works? (I exaggerate- maybe they have made some that are different these days)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I didn't understand why another deck hand didn't go back to help him.  However, I watched with my son who is a sailor (in the petroleum industry, not yachting) and he says lots of boat accidents are caused by walkie mishaps.  He also thought that the film showed that Sandy had used her forward thrusters to slow the speed into the dolphins.  We also had a long conversation about whether or not the dolphins were solid.  I'm not sure why that is important.

Neither hit has been very hard.  In the first one, they got a fender between the boat and the dolphin.  This one looked to be low speed.

Why did she have to exit the dock in reverse anyway?  Looked like lots of room to swing and go out bow forward.

Natasha's voice is awful and I'm sick of her "love triangle."  Hope the old guy already has a rebound gal.

I thought the dolphins were there to guide you in, so bumping one isn't a big deal. A nudge. 

I agree about Natasha. I like the other Nat though. Natalya I think?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2022 at 8:04 AM, snarts said:

Yes, 10000000000000%

• Love 2

For those who drive, I imagine it is worse than a semi trying to stop. A semi has lots of mass, and a yacht won't stop fast either. 

And forgive me for imagining little duck feet trying to back pedal. 

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I for one would not want a stranger sifting thru my clothes, that icks me out and those guests were only on the boat two nights, what a waste of time for the stews. 

I've said this before on several forums.  I don't want strangers handling my undies.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

I've said this before on several forums.  I don't want strangers handling my undies.

You apparently don't have cats. "I don't want strange men digging through my drawers."

• LOL 2

As others have said, the thought of someone else going through my clothes and unpacking/packing for me absolutely skeeves me out. 

And, I can't stand the double standard. If it was a group of guys who requested that their dinner be served by women in bikinis/skimpy clothing, I think people would have a problem with that. Can you imagine the female stews gyrating on male guests? There would be complaints galore. 

If my friends and I went on a private yacht cruise, the preference sheets would include: 1. Great food 2. Great drinks 3. Water activities 4. No tacky "theme" parties 5. No tacky tablescapes 6. No tacky decorations 7. Plenty of snacks 8. Clean sheets and towels 9. A visit to a beach with some snacks and drinks, not a full on meal with sand everywhere. 

We would never be invited to be on Below Deck. No tackiness or drama. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

And, I can't stand the double standard. If it was a group of guys who requested that their dinner be served by women in bikinis/skimpy clothing, I think people would have a problem with that. Can you imagine the female stews gyrating on male guests? There would be complaints galore.

Based on how vehemently that sort of thing was denied on a yachting forum several years ago, I'd bet there's a LOT more than a gyrating dance going on...for the right price.  Definitively not all of them - but the girls on Onlyfans?  Lexi who claimed to live in an $8,000/mo apartment on a Stew salary?  Yeah, while this show is scrubbed for TV, the real yachting world is very different.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4