Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E11: Power of Veto #4

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Normally I’d be against it, but please, please, please let Daniel win Veto and be the cause of his #1 ally going home.   

That would be so funny.

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m a little behind, and Alyssa’s trippy cartoon is on, and WHAT are the editors smoking?  Did someone pipe some wacky air into the editing studio?

It's part of the veto comp. One or two Festie Besties eat some psychedelic slop and have a hallucination and what you saw was the hallucination.

What am I missing here?  I know Brittany and Michael desperately want to have a non-alliance member join their Festie Bestie team as insulation, but, I don't see the importance of it because, even if they would be on the block, regardless of which FB team wins the veto, there will be at least one alliance member on that FB team to use the veto on them.

Just now, Gemma Violet said:

What am I missing here?  I know Brittany and Michael desperately want to have a non-alliance member join their Festie Bestie team as insulation, but, I don't see the importance of it because, even if they would be on the block, regardless of which FB team wins the veto, there will be at least one alliance member on that FB team to use the veto on them.

They could be backdoored, which is the sole decision of the HOH.

• Love 4

Holy freaking shitcakes - this ep might actually rank up there with Marcellas' and Lawon's epic fails (assuming there's no crazy last-minute reversal tomorrow night). There's something so satisfying about villains arrogantly setting their own trap... BEAUTIFUL. And boy howdy did Kyle luck out without having to make a choice between his posse and his pussy. The strategy of having an expendable in each bestie group completely makes objectively logical sense "for the good of the group", but 1) not necessarily good for Kyle personally and 2) there's no guarantee Indy would even choose to join Michael and Britney.

Would it be too much to ask for another amazing Thursday episode? I pray to you, Otev!

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

One thing I must have missed is why Brittany thinks that Indy will join their group?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

One thing I must have missed is why Brittany thinks that Indy will join their group?

I think she'd be more likely to join Jasmine and Turner.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I think she'd be more likely to join Jasmine and Turner.

If Indy was smart she would join Jasmine and Turner because Jasmine would give her partial cover…but that is moot.  I think Taylor would definitely join Turner and Jasmine for the same reason.  

Whether you like Nicole or Daniel or not that was almost painful to watch. It's such an astonishing case of snatching Defeat out of the jaws of victory that its dumbfounding that they could be so stupid. What evidence is Nicole basing  on that there isn't enough votes to save Taylor?

All I can say is somewhere out there Lawan and Macellus are smiling as they surrender their crowns of worst gameplay.

Sidenote....please God no...don't let us  have a dud like Brittany dragged all the way to the end to be the designated goat. Please!

• Love 2

I don't know what was worse - the too-long cartoon portion of the show, listening to the animated houseguests read scripted lines about pink elephants and dancing eyeballs, or the real houseguests pretending to be tripping by weirdly waving their arms and swaying.  That entire segment was bizarre - and what "fest" was it supposed to be - "Hallucination Fest?"  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I’m laughing again at the memory of Monte telling the literal truth “I don’t have enough votes to get rid of Taylor” and the two geniuses deciding that was a lie and that using the veto would force Monte’s hand regarding Taylor.  Clearly they forgot about the other pairings Monte could have chosen from if he was really worried about Nicole going home instead of Taylor.  

• LOL 3
39 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

the literal truth “I don’t have enough votes to get rid of Taylor”

Well, he's shading things a bit.  It looks to me that we could be headed for a tie vote, with 5 Leftovers voting to evict Nicole, 4 members of the "We Hate Taylor" club voting Taylor out, and Terrence possibly deciding to keep Nicole out of over-40 solidarity or because she was nice to him last week or because he thinks she'll keep him from being conspicuously "the old guy" or whatever.

In such a case, it would be Monte as HoH who breaks the tie, so Monte would have the votes…just hopefully not the inclination.

(Of course, if Terrence resents Nicole's voting against him last week and is out for revenge, the whole issue is moot.)

If the plan does go off correctly and Nicole is sent pounding a beat, then where does Taylor go?  Has Brittany had a "yes, we're your friends, so you can't be our Bestie" convo with her, yet?  I'd say she should join Turner and Jasmine, since they've both won HoH and Taylor's already sick of being a pawn, but it would be somewhat hilarious if Taylor joined up with Indy/Alyssa and found herself doing this all over again next week.

(I assume next week is the end of Festie Besties, since after that we're in the Jury phase.  But expect the unexpected, etc.)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Sidenote....please God no...don't let us  have a dud like Brittany dragged all the way to the end to be the designated goat. Please!

I want to see strong competitors at the end.  It was bad enough do nothing Big D and Azah were in the Top 3 last season.

• Love 2

While I feel sorry for Taylor for the abhorrent behavior of the houseguests towards her, I do not feel sorry for her for being on the block again.  That is part of the "game" and to not expect to be put on the block whether as a target or as a pawn is silly (up there with not learning how to swim or start a fire before going on Survivor, or learning how to read a map or drive a stick shift before going on The Amazing Race).  Now, do I think it would be rough after the treatment she has received?  Yes.  But just stop with this "I've already paid my dues..."  Dues for what?  Is there a super secret clubhouse that we don't see during the show?

Just loved all of the 'they're not as smart as they think they are/I can read them like a book' comments we are getting from Daniel and Nicole.  Hopefully the votes will line up to evict Nicole and make me a happy camper tonight.

I, too, wish Kyle wasn't in a showmance as I think it will negatively impact his game.  

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know what was worse - the too-long cartoon portion of the show, listening to the animated houseguests read scripted lines about pink elephants and dancing eyeballs, or the real houseguests pretending to be tripping by weirdly waving their arms and swaying.  That entire segment was bizarre - and what "fest" was it supposed to be - "Hallucination Fest?"  

It did seem rather  weird to be portraying the use of illegal drugs as funny.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

to not expect to be put on the block whether as a target or as a pawn is silly

To expect to NEVER be under fire would be silly, yes.  However, to be constantly on the edge of eviction, as Taylor has been, is wearisome, and IMO it's understandable she'd want a break.

So far…

…in Week 1, Taylor was backdoored onto the block and about to go home when Paloma flipped out.

…in Week 2, Taylor was the initial target until the group decided to send Poochie back to his home planet, and even then Taylor had to sit on the block the whole week.

…in Week 3, Taylor was the presumptive backdoor target and endured horrific abuse until a new alliance formed to change things.

IMO it's not too awful for her to want a week off while Monte eliminates their mutual foes.  There's no real reason he couldn't have put up Turner and Jasmine as the replacement and gotten Mississippi X-Mas out of here.  (Jasmine has already won HoH, so she's certainly a threat to do so again.)

Instead, Taylor's on the block AGAIN and has to deal with this stress for a fourth straight week, whereas nobody has even mentioned Joseph's name yet, for example. (Perhaps they don't know he's actually in the game and they're still looking for Marvin [the HG he replaced], instead?). Kyle's biggest "ordeal" so far has been lying to his non-mance, which isn't exactly the same thing.

Again, JMO.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

It's hilarious to hear Nicole brag of her skills at reading people because she's a police officer.  You just know the production people purposely included that clip.  

I'd really like to know why she's not a cop anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if she got fired for some reason. I hope she goes out the door tomorrow, it would be too delicious. Rarely have things gone my way on this show and I'm relishing every moment.

I don't get how the Veto was actually played - obviously they didn't drop acid and turn into cartoons. I'm guessing they went into some kind of booth (?) and watched a cartoon or looked at stills from it, and then their characters and voices were inserted into the animation in post-production. There had to be an awful lot of direction for this one to get the players to pretend they were high and tripping. I don't really like when the comps get overly produced like this, it feels way too fake.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'd really like to know why she's not a cop anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if she got fired for some reason. I hope she goes out the door tomorrow, it would be too delicious. Rarely have things gone my way on this show and I'm relishing every moment.

I'd like to know what kind of "cop" she was, as well.  She says it like it's a big secret, but without context, it doesn't have the importance she thinks it does.

7 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Instead, Taylor's on the block AGAIN and has to deal with this stress for a fourth straight week,

I completely get this and I feel for her.  I truly do.  But with that said, I always look sideways at contestants who depend on the others to keep them safe.  Taylor could keep HERSELF safe if she wins HOH or veto.  Stop depending on the kindness of others you have to climb these mountains yourself sometimes 

• Love 1

In this instance, though, the last message she got was that veto wasn’t to be used. Nobody had time to tell her things had shifted before meeting. Given her history in house, of course that would raise her trust issue hackles.  

As I had said before they really do need to be careful and clear with her as far as how things might go down and you can lay out all the reasons that she may have to end up on the block. Etc. But at the end of the day she's just gotta suck it up for a couple days for the greater good.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Whether you like Nicole or Daniel or not that was almost painful to watch. It's such an astonishing case of snatching Defeat out of the jaws of victory that its dumbfounding that they could be so stupid. What evidence is Nicole basing  on that there isn't enough votes to save Taylor?

All I can say is somewhere out there Lawan and Macellus are smiling as they surrender their crowns of worst gameplay.

I do not like them. It was not painful to watch.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'd like to know what kind of "cop" she was, as well.  She says it like it's a big secret, but without context, it doesn't have the importance she thinks it does.

BB Chat guesses Nicole Blart, Mall Cop.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So, just to set the record straight: Daniel and Nicole flawlessly executed a double-reverse-psychology mindfuck on - themselves…?  
Congratulations, D&N - that surpasses Survivor Erik levels of stupidity.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, Halting Hex said:

To expect to NEVER be under fire would be silly, yes.  However, to be constantly on the edge of eviction, as Taylor has been, is wearisome, and IMO it's understandable she'd want a break.

So far…

…in Week 1, Taylor was backdoored onto the block and about to go home when Paloma flipped out.

…in Week 2, Taylor was the initial target until the group decided to send Poochie back to his home planet, and even then Taylor had to sit on the block the whole week.

…in Week 3, Taylor was the presumptive backdoor target and endured horrific abuse until a new alliance formed to change things.

IMO it's not too awful for her to want a week off while Monte eliminates their mutual foes.  There's no real reason he couldn't have put up Turner and Jasmine as the replacement and gotten Mississippi X-Mas out of here.  (Jasmine has already won HoH, so she's certainly a threat to do so again.)

Instead, Taylor's on the block AGAIN and has to deal with this stress for a fourth straight week, whereas nobody has even mentioned Joseph's name yet, for example. (Perhaps they don't know he's actually in the game and they're still looking for Marvin [the HG he replaced], instead?). Kyle's biggest "ordeal" so far has been lying to his non-mance, which isn't exactly the same thing.

Again, JMO.

Or, to put it in a simpler frame of reference: there has only been one week in the House to date which hasn’t featured Taylor OTB come Eviction Night.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2