Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Skeletons in the Cabin

• Start Topic

The chef and chief stew have an icy stand-off; the guests are disappointed when incoming weather forces the boat back to the marina; Captain Sandy is faced with a shocking career first after a crew member makes a mistake during the docking.

Bravo Airdate: 08/01/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

(edited)

So Sandy relies on slacker fake Raygen to guide the ship between two narrow buoys and causes a scrape on the Home. No big deal as far as damage, but a big mistake to rely on that dimwit bosun. Not your fault Sandy, a bosun should know the difference judging between 3 meters and 1. Raygen's days are numbered.

Tired of the Chef/Natasha drama too. They deserve each other. Tash is just feeling guilty about evening the score on her previous boyfriend. Chef has more issues than just loving Tash, for sure.

It's as if Mzi isn't even a crewmember in this season. They ought to feature him more. He'll really needs to step up soon too. 

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 9

Sandy asks if there was a bosun available, that's not good for Raygan.  At least we knew Raygan was well fed before she messed up since we saw her twice eating.  I don't get why she wasn't on deck when she knows she is on thin ice.  That was strange with the mix up of 3 meters and 1 meter.  She couldn't see they were going to hit until it was too late?

My favorites so far are Kyle and Natalya.  Maybeif Raygan goes we will get to see more Mzi.  I think Mzi and Storm make a good team.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Chef Dave gives me the creeps. He looks like he is close to a full on melt down with his crying. This is why I don't think it is a great idea to have couples on these shows. They are not professional and spend way too much time on their romance problems. Dave needs to do his job and quit mooning over Natasha.

I have a feeling that Natasha is just not into him.

• Love 8
(edited)
46 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

When a girl tells you "you're starting to freak me out" ... believe her Chef 😁

Quote of the episode award goes to Natasha:

"I just got someone's G string in my eyeball"

Edited by aqusdealer
  • LOL 4

Chef Dave is wound way too tight.  The second half of the episode he was in full mope mode.  He was such a sad sack serving the courses and dessert to the guests.  And even when Sandy complimented him in the tip meeting he was a gloomy gus.  The food and tablescapes  looked wonderful, although i was surprised that most of the meals were family style rather than individually plated.  The Moroccan meal and dessert served on seated cushions was just lovely.

Natasha is concerned over her shipmates thinking she is a cheater, which I can kind of understand, but damn, she closed that cabinet on Dave's fingers and kept on going, giving him the silent treatment. IMHO way too much time was spent on this storyline.

The guests were medium-level douche.  What was the deal with the mid-30's primary and her dopey late-teen boy toy who seemed to strut around shirtless the whole trip?   Best line of the episode was captain obvious announcing that the ship hit the buoy. No kidding. It probably didn't help that you were shouting and distracting the crew.  But the friends of the primary seemed pretty decent, and one of them in particular seemed to enjoy trying new foods.  And they adapted pretty well to taking a tour of Malta in the tender (what a beautiful country) once they had to come back to port due to bad weather.

Oh Raygan, it's no cliffhanger, you are so done.  You have a team of experienced deck hands but you are completely incapable of managing them and using their talents.  

Kyle and Natalya's banter adds a light touch.  Sometimes Kyle pushes things with the guests and crew a little too far, but he really seems to be a great stew who can connect with guests. And as he said, making the guests happy leads to a bigger tip.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, MyMaui said:

Sandy asks if there was a bosun available, that's not good for Raygan.  At least we knew Raygan was well fed before she messed up since we saw her twice eating.  I don't get why she wasn't on deck when she knows she is on thin ice.  That was strange with the mix up of 3 meters and 1 meter.  She couldn't see they were going to hit until it was too late?

My favorites so far are Kyle and Natalya.  Maybeif Raygan goes we will get to see more Mzi.  I think Mzi and Storm make a good team.

It's not a good look every time you turn around she's eating.

But that could be some shady editing by Bravo, like she may not have been stuffing her face when other deckhands were working.

She probably isn't cut out for the job but you can never discount Bravo shenanigans.  Also they get the other deckhands to repeatedly talk about lack of leadership so they're really leaning hard into the "Raygan's incompetent" narrative.

Why does Tasha care about her previous bf?  How would the crew know the situation with her previous bf unless she tells them?

But Dave claims they were planning to tell the rest of the crew that they're a couple a week into the charter season.  He also made it sound in previous talking heads like she sought him out all the time, snuck into his cabins, always came looking for him.

Dave may have emotional problems but it's not inconceivable that Tasha runs hot and cold.

Kyle doesn't seem like he works as hard as Natalya.  Likes to chat up the guests, laugh it up with them and thinks his outgoing personality gets them the big tips.

• Love 11

It seems to me that Natasha is playing the chef.  She pushes him away then rubs her hand along his back, she constantly asks him what's wrong or what's he going to say, then lets him help her undress for bed.  He's hopeless, one of those guys willing to be used. No self respect. I do like the look of his delicious meals, though. I dont like the Nat's this season-- too smiley and yet boring to watch.  There's just something missing with this crew this season for me. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, aghst said:

Why does Tasha care about her previous bf?  How would the crew know the situation with her previous bf unless she tells them?

But Dave claims they were planning to tell the rest of the crew that they're a couple a week into the charter season.  He also made it sound in previous talking heads like she sought him out all the time, snuck into his cabins, always came looking for him.

Dave may have emotional problems but it's not inconceivable that Tasha runs hot and cold.

She's definitely run hot and cold since she got on the boat, but I suspect that she's also becoming more aware of Dave's emotional issues that she might have not seen or ignored when they were initially in lust on the other boat. I think she has enough savvy to be very careful of what she says and how she paints herself in her talking head shots, whereas he's telling all. I don't think this is going to end well for him. 

• Love 8

Bye bye Raygan. I think this proves Bravo deliberately hires incompetent people for the sake of drama. Raygan is right up there with the Russian "chef" who couldn't even make pancakes with a mix. She has no business being a bosun and I can't think of any way she could have gotten this job without Bravo knowingly throwing her to the wolves for kicks. I'm sure some creative editing was involved too and she did more than smoke and stuff her face the whole time, but just telling the deck hand to "do whatever you feel like" isn't great leadership. And not knowing the difference between three meters and one foot isn't great bosuning (if that's a word). Looks like Storm is going to get a promotion. I wonder how Mzi will feel about that.

Already sick of Dave and Natasha. The problem seems to be that they are talking in circles around each other. She needs to come right out and say where he stands with her, and he needs to come right out and ask that question point blank. All I hear from them is a lot of hemming and hawing. 

Anyone else notice that the knobs on the oven light up? There are red circles behind them that keep blinking on and off. Anyone know what those are for or what they mean? I was distracted by them the whole time he was talking.

The guests were medium-level douche.  What was the deal with the mid-30's primary and her dopey late-teen boy toy who seemed to strut around shirtless the whole trip?

Yeah I didn't realize they were a couple until Natalya said something. Very odd. He is clearly very immature the way he drinks like a frat boy at a party. And did she say he was 18? That's not even old enough to drink in the states.

• Love 8

The previews made it like hitting the dolphin was going to be a big deal.

No structural damage but they scraped the hell out of the keel on a brand new yacht.

I would think that's a big deal, can't imagine what the insurance claim is and how much it would cost to get the boat on dry dock to at least re-paint it.

• Love 3

No structural damage but they scraped the hell out of the keel on a brand new yacht.

I'm not sure they did; I think Bravo added a screeching sound effect and all they did was brush up against it. If there had been a visible scratch they would have shown it and Sandy would have blown her top. Instead she said it looked OK.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He is clearly very immature the way he drinks like a frat boy at a party. And did she say he was 18? That's not even old enough to drink in the states.

They're not in the states though & most of the rest of the world has a drinking age of 18, except for some ultra religious countries, but that's a whole can of worms not for here.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, aghst said:

But that could be some shady editing by Bravo, like she may not have been stuffing her face when other deckhands were working.

She probably isn't cut out for the job but you can never discount Bravo shenanigans.  Also they get the other deckhands to repeatedly talk about lack of leadership so they're really leaning hard into the "Raygan's incompetent" narrative.

Kyle doesn't seem like he works as hard as Natalya.  Likes to chat up the guests, laugh it up with them and thinks his outgoing personality gets them the big tips.

I'm sure Bravo had a hand in editing some of it for sure with her.  I love Kyle and think she is good with the guest and works just as hard as Natalya.  I think the combo of the two of them are fantastic.  I forget about Natasha when I see the two of them working.

I had more time to think about Dave and Natasha after rewatching the episodes.  Natasha leads him on.  Come in the shower with me when you know where that leads and ten minutes later I don't want to talk to you.  Dave seems extremely needy.  She had to have known that and it'snot something new.

I don't think Dave was saying or telling anyone they hooked up while she had a boyfriend.  He just said he wanted to be more than friends.  Or did I miss him saying that?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Anyone else notice that the knobs on the oven light up? There are red circles behind them that keep blinking on and off. Anyone know what those are for or what they mean? I was distracted by them the whole time he was talking.

I believe it's an induction range and the flashing means no pot or improper pot material on that burner.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I think Bravo added a screeching sound effect and all they did was brush up against it. If there had been a visible scratch they would have shown it and Sandy would have blown her top. Instead she said it looked OK.

Exactly! I noticed the bang and scrape BS sound effect too. I'm also thinking I saw a very faint rubber streak that was (maybe computer generated??) placed on the ships side in one of the episode promos. All that was absent when Sandy did her inspection.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Chef is embarrassing, always weepy like a girl with a skinned knee.  But, his outbursts have led to sex before so he's just going with what works I guess. 

No one (but family maybe) would know Tash cheated if she didn't constantly announce it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I get the feeling Natasha misses the sneaking around. Now Dave is all in his feelings, even during the work day, looking for any little sign from her. That's not fun. He's caught feelings and she just wants a lowkey hookup. Again, will not end well.

The editors are really pouring it on strong with the cuts of Raygan eating & smoking when she's supposed to be working. Like others have mentioned, I feel like it's a set-up to have Malia suddenly come back & save the day. Ick. I do recall seeing that Malia was in some type of scooter accident last year which caused speculation that she wouldn't be able to film this season.  But, she showed up for the Bravo upfronts (which would be odd for someone not currently on a show) so I'm guessing she'll arrive late. Again, ick.

Really hoping Kyle does more work than what is shown. He's a bit obnoxious with the 24/7 sexual innuendo & comments. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, snarts said:

The editors are really pouring it on strong with the cuts of Raygan eating & smoking when she's supposed to be working. Like others have mentioned, I feel like it's a set-up to have Malia suddenly come back & save the day. Ick.

I'd much rather see Storm promoted and a new deckhand brought on. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I feel like it's a set-up to have Malia suddenly come back & save the day. Ick.

Don't say that! Seriously though, Malia has posted on social media she wouldn't be participating this season, so fingers crossed she was telling the truth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/27/2022 at 8:25 PM, rur said:

I'd much rather see Storm promoted and a new deckhand brought on. 

They did tell Sandy they had a deckhand, but not a bosun available.  Also Sandy told Storm they would talk later.

• Love 1

I guess Sandy doesn't want to help Raygan improve as a bosun, probably because her ineptitude caused Sandy to "touch" the dophin, causing her perfect record to be tarnished.  Sandy was always talking about how important it is to lift someone up and teach them.  It seems that Raygan is a terrible bosun, leader and crew member, but I have enjoyed her being a thorn in Sandy's side.  I wonder if a demotion is a possibility.  That could lead to more drama as Storm would be her new boss...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, aghst said:

I gotta say I felt a little bad for Raygan getting this kind of edit.  I can't believe she is eating and taking breaks that much!  Definitely editing monkeys at play there.  She's not a terrible person she just isn't a bosun.  And I don't like the heat she's getting on Twitter for this as well.  They want to string her up by her toes just because she isn't a good leader.  

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2022 at 8:47 PM, 65mickey said:

Chef Dave gives me the creeps. He looks like he is close to a full on melt down with his crying. This is why I don't think it is a great idea to have couples on these shows. They are not professional and spend way too much time on their romance problems. Dave needs to do his job and quit mooning over Natasha.

While I agree that he needs to quit mooning, he is actually doing his job (and doing it pretty well as far as I can tell). 

I think that Storm will get promoted, and a new deckhand will come on. 

Spoiler

Isn't it supposed to be Courtney that comes on?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Is it just me or does Raygan have that vacant, deer-in-the-headlights look? I don't think the elevator goes all the way up to the penthouse, if you catch my drift. And that grating Essex accent doesn't help (sorry-not sorry).

Why is the chef so overwrought about Natasha? I know they had a past, but what kind of secret warrants so much drama? So people cheat. Big deal. It's sad, but it happens every day. Move on.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I gotta say I felt a little bad for Raygan getting this kind of edit.  I can't believe she is eating and taking breads that much!  Definitely editing monkeys at play there.  She's not a terrible person she just isn't a bosun.  And I don't like the heat she's getting on Twitter for this as well.  They want to string her up by her toes just because she isn't a good leader.  

I agree to a certain extent.  I could see her being demoted because she can't cut it as a bosun.  Regarding all her breaks, she is definitely getting the Hannah edit.  (Although she did sleep in well past her duty time due to a hangover, so I think it is part editing and part reality.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I agree to a certain extent.  I could see her being demoted because she can't cut it as a bosun.  Regarding all her breaks, she is definitely getting the Hannah edit.  (Although she did sleep in well past her duty time due to a hangover, so I think it is part editing and part reality.)

That, and they kept showing her standing around while the others were working, or walking off while others got down to work. I think the bad editing happened, because she was caught so many times shirking work, to firm up that storyline.

It was wild that Storm was literally floating away on the nautibuoy and she was right there, but she had to call that other deckie to jump in and grab the rope. What was that about?

Even the last docking, she was standing still clutching her radio, instead of rushing and heaving lines like everyone else. She must be used to a very laid back boat(s) or padded her resume.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Like a row of things you can hit, one after the other, these comments are in the order of the show broadcast.

Raygan:  “Storm has more experience on megayachts than me.”  Uh-oh……

How many times do we have to see someone scooping scrambled eggs onto toast?  Sheesh.

Yes, Jason, everyone wants to be a star – but someone still has to inflate/deflate things.

Mzi can toss a line!  Dead on target.

Captain Queeg explains in advance how there are so many dolphins at the dock, etc., after expressing in a previous episode how she “doesn’t hit things”.  Thou doth protest too much, Queeg.

How much did Noah (Charter guest) pay to get so much screen time?  What a douche.

Whether it’s creative editing or not, it doesn’t look good for the crew to be calling for their bosun while she’s on her own chowing down.

So Captain Queeg nudged a dolphin.  Nudged.  Barely touched.  Granted, Raygan didn’t call the distance correctly, but still, it was a non-issue.  Plus Queeg knew the distance between the two dolphins was narrow at best.  But that’s why she’s Captain Queeg – where are the ball bearings?  When Raygan is gone, which of the crew will throw the other under the yacht (and into the next dolphin) first?

I’ve not commented on the Natasha/Dave drama so far because I was over it from the first episode, but when the two are talking in their cabin in the low light scene – what the heck is that “wolf man versus Viking” tattoo on his arm?  That is just freaky.

Next week – Will Raygan be fired?  Will Dave stop whinging?  Will the audience be able to stay awake?  What will break next on the “woke boat”?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake….

• Love 4

Ugh Dave with his barnacle like clingyness.  I would've thought Tash had told Dave this was just fun and games.  Was he expecting more or the thought of losing a hot chick too overwhelming for Dave?  Either way not a good look. 

Did Raygan find a uniform at a costume store for the picture showing her previous Capt. experience?  With what she was displaying it looked like she had as much skills as Noah. 

I agree with the Primary that the boat's decor screamed Versace.  Not sure why it bothered him so much.  Definitely over acted.     

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mytmo said:

I agree with the Primary that the boat's decor screamed Versace.  Not sure why it bothered him so much.  Definitely over acted. 

You're like me, you're getting your Below Decks mixed up. That primary is on Down Under.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, mytmo said:

Ugh Dave with his barnacle like clingyness.  I would've thought Tash had told Dave this was just fun and games.  Was he expecting more or the thought of losing a hot chick too overwhelming for Dave?  Either way not a good look. 

Did Raygan find a uniform at a costume store for the picture showing her previous Capt. experience?  With what she was displaying it looked like she had as much skills as Noah. 

I swear Raygan is someone production scooped up to portray a very inept bosun so there would be firing drama this year (shades of Mila's fiasco).  I refuse to believe she was captain of anything larger than a bath time tugboat.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I refuse to believe she was captain of anything larger than a bath time tugboat.

She was actually the Captain of a very popular sailboat called the North Wind when she was younger.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• Applause 2
  • LOL 18
On 7/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, 65mickey said:

They ALL need to take a step back and stop with the flirting and crap. Just do the job for gawd sakes.  And that one's boyfriend texting every ten seconds, holy hell, i'da tossed my phone over board!! I have to ff through all the whining that Natasha does about her relationships.. ugh... shut up already!!!